Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Delivered!!

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Re: Buying Quick Clot Kits For Our Jawans - A Humble Proposal

Post by sunilUpa »

Ahhh now that advanced AT&T technology invented by Geroge J has answered some of our doubts, time has come to make the decision. We should go for the 'Granules' (though there may be some issues with clots getting in to circulation), because that's what RR use.

Now once (if) we get confirmation from Ray/Mandeep RR/IA is ready to accept what we can give (however little it may be), we need to send the money to SFF (or other JNingos in Desh).

Geroge J did the AT&T technology give you an opprtunity to find out whether SSF is in a position to accept payment from here? What do they prefer?

Meanwhile, what about Desi Jingos? Aren't you guys pooling some moolah too?
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

I didn't discuss payment, only the product/cost. But I did indicate the reason I am asking all these questions is coz a few of us in the US would like to get together and buy some for RR (and if we did how long it would take to get to RR) and they didn't seem to think that was a problem.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Whoa so far so good :) , Kobe ji you have a mail.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

sunilUpa wrote:Ahhh now that advanced AT&T technology invented by Geroge J has answered some of our doubts, time has come to make the decision. We should go for the 'Granules' (though there may be some issues with clots getting in to circulation), because that's what RR use.

Now once (if) we get confirmation from Ray/Mandeep RR/IA is ready to accept what we can give (however little it may be), we need to send the money to SFF (or other JNingos in Desh).

Geroge J did the AT&T technology give you an opprtunity to find out whether SSF is in a position to accept payment from here? What do they prefer?

Meanwhile, what about Desi Jingos? Aren't you guys pooling some moolah too?

Yes we are pooling but the issue is who is collecting in india. I pledged money to Kobe saar but it is a little difficult to send check or cash to US. If anyone is collecting in desh it would be easy to us desi jingos. And if we are buying the kits in india then it would not make sense to send it to US and then back here again.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Jingos in India: If you are collecting, thats a good thing. But please hold on to your collection till the logistics of where the QuikClot will be bought and how it will be delivered is sorted out. The more I see it, the more it seems like that we will end up buying it from SFF in New Delhi and have them deliver. Info is being gathered re. this by various BRF members so lets be patient for a few days till they hear back with answers. TIA.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Though not be classified a Jingo, I can't say about others, but in our Regt, we do it through our Centre on a regular basis. We contribute on a voluntary basis. Of course, it is for our regimental personnel who are out at the end of the horizon and riding into the sunset!
caesar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by caesar »

Ever heard about PLACENTREX?

QCK+ PLACENTRIX will heal a wound 3 times faster but surely the docs at AFMC knw abt it?
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

I give up.

It appears that rabbits will keep jumping out of the hat and we will go nowhere.

I'm out.

Any info that I might get, I will post for those wo are interested!
skher
BRFite

Post by skher »

I give up.
saar,
You're a Ray of light the forum...pls don't give up!

I had been watching this thread threadbare for past few days and cld just filter out two details:-

A quickclot ACS+ packet costs Rs.3k & is available at Sagar Fossil Fuel,Delhi(full address on page 1).

Sir,a humble request....why not organize a BRF meet specifically for raising funds to buy kits in dilli,the city closest to authorised seller?

The meet can be organized such that members are able to post d.d./m.o....a window of two three days is kept open.

maybe,one of Bharat-Rakshak Monitor's or Security Research Review's offices can be used to post the donations.The rest who can make it to the meet,donate in person.

Regards
Kher
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Instead of naming the product and getting confused, can we just shorten it to QCKit. Then we can concentrate on the funding part as GeorgeJ has already done the needful calling up SFF in Delhi and confirming the product.
Cheers,
S
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Guys please refrain from suggesting out of box alternatives, remember this is not an MRCA discussion thread. RayC Sir please bear this chatter for a couple of days. TIA
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

UPDATE

I do have the English-hindi pictorial brochure in PDF from SFF which is what they send with their QuikClot packets I am not sure if its worth posting on the forum its fairly detailed and bloody. If you guys want me to upload it let me know. Its NOT pretty.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Go for it George
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Ray sir, please bear with this for a few more days. Apologize for the slight derailing and the clutter! :oops: The money collection part is going smoothly courtesy of kobe and GJ is making inroads into getting details from the New Delhi supplier while Sunil is looking from the US-end,....so the people behind the real effort are very much making progress.

Others: This is not a discussion thread or a Nukkad. Please post only if:
(1) It is concerned with donation for the current round (in that case, best is to contact kobe via email, his email is there on Page 1 or 2.).

(2) Have a contact within IA or RR with whom you have spoken re. this effort and have something to report.

(3) Have any useful information on obtaining QuikClot or details about the current form of QuikClot (original granular form) in use by RR - i.e. basically you are in the medical/pharma business and can help or are in touch with any of the suppliers (GJ is doing a great job at this end in case of the New Delhi supplier while Sunil is doing the same from the US-end).

Otherwise, please refrain from posting casual suggestions or opinions which are not relevant to the current effort. If required please start a new thread for that - the purpose of this thread is to solely collect money and get a supply for QuikClot for RR as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.

TIA.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

George J wrote:UPDATE

I do have the English-hindi pictorial brochure in PDF from SFF which is what they send with their QuikClot packets I am not sure if its worth posting on the forum its fairly detailed and bloody. If you guys want me to upload it let me know. Its NOT pretty.
GJ, if you dont want to post it here/admins object, please email it to us. My email is in the Google Docs document.
Thanks.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

what google docs?
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Pah...gurudev check the mail from Kobe ji (I assume everyone posting on this thread was in the loop); he has provided a link to a 'med_kit.doc' on google docs.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

G-man never signed up for it.
G-man need GmaiL to acces it.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

George J wrote:what google docs?
Just email it to kobe then. He has everybody's contacts :)
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Send me the link, I do have GMail but I dont use it for jingo stuff.
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

George J wrote:Send me the link, I do have GMail but I dont use it for jingo stuff.
send him an email at
places223 at y'hoo
I am sure he will then respond.
bhavin
BRFite

Post by bhavin »

Kobe, I have sent you an email... Saw that some people had done paypal and was wondering if that was a possible route then, I can send the money asap rather than through snailmail check... Do let me know.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

bhavin,
reply sent, thanks
bhavin
BRFite

Post by bhavin »

Kobe,

Thanks for your reply. I have sent the money
Mandeep
BRFite

Post by Mandeep »

An update from my side. I've talked to some Commanding Officers (of infantry and RR battalions). They're more than willing to accept the kits. And pretty grateful too.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Mandeep wrote:An update from my side. I've talked to some Commanding Officers (of infantry and RR battalions). They're more than willing to accept the kits. And pretty grateful too.
Did they indicate what kind of assistance they can provide for delivering the QuikClot to them? It would be great if one of you guys can be there during the actual delivery and we can have some pics etc. of the occasion.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Mandeep,

Thank you. We can do one of several things.

1) We can send the $ to a BR jingo in delhi and get exactly what they need from
their preferred dealer and deliver to the end user

2) IF NECESSARY we can purchase it and send the actual kits there and a BR Jingo can
do the rest (accept the shipment, forward the package)

3) We need a BR jingo to stand up in delhi to do the rest of the work
(In the far extreme situation, one of BR Jingo will go there personally to get the job done)

Please suggest a method, and kindly grab hold of a live BR Jingo in delhi for us.

Also, If possible, Rahul Singh (from Hindustan Times) can cover the follow up story to wake up the babus and fix the issue for real.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

kobe wrote:bhavin,
reply sent, thanks
Hi K0be i got a email from bbhatt@be-Vedio.com, is that the Paypal email that i need to send money. :oops: Sorry i have never used Paypal and i just signed up so please bear with me. Thanks
Pragadeesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pragadeesh »

Kobeji email sent to your Gmail ID - places223 gmail . Awaiting your reply. Thank you.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Kobe ji and Bose babu Have we stopped accepting pledges? and are we only waiting for realisation of checks to move on to the next stage(procurement and disbursement)? If we have decided to do so let us have a note here stating that we have stopped accepting contributions.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Yes, we have stopped accepting pledges (the deadline was Friday, April 17). Those who have pledged but not sent their payments, please do so asap and update the google docs document. Thanks!

I think thanks to the initiative and generosity shown by you guys, we have a very healthy amount of contribution for this round and now are moving to the next stage of procurement and delivery. In this regards some progress has already been made and once something concrete is available (probably within next week), it will be put up in the google docs document. Meanwhile, I have updated the google docs document with the amount received as of yesterday (both PayPal and checks). The document is updated to reflect the payments received however, once the checks received via mail are deposited, an update will be posted about that too. Hence, keep checking the document and this thread.
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Kobe bhai, pls check your email.
Mandeep
BRFite

Post by Mandeep »

Great work guys !
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

UPDATE: Those of you who sent checks, please refer to the Google docs document for updates re. when checks were received and if they have been deposited. TIA.
RaghuKote
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RaghuKote »

I would recommend that we do not stop accepting pledges. The subsequent pledges can be used to buy the next round of Quick Clot Kits or for any other use of our injured Service personal and may also be for supporting families of deceased personal.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

RaghuKote wrote:I would recommend that we do not stop accepting pledges. The subsequent pledges can be used to buy the next round of Quick Clot Kits or for any other use of our injured Service personal and may also be for supporting families of deceased personal.
Raghu,
In order to deliver the supplies we need
to stop and use the money. Thanks to you
and many other contributors, we are going to
deliver the QC to the right entity within
the next week. All the details and updates
are coming soon. I will post the latest activities
in the google doc tonight.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Raghu,

For collecting funds such as you are suggesting, someone has to create a charitable organization and manage its finances, disbursement of funds etc. That takes time and effort which I am not sure we can sustain in the long run since it will be a continuous affair and voluntary effort may not be enough. Since this is being done the first time hence, for this round, we stopped the pledges at a certain date and now are moving towards procurement and delivery. That way collection got done on an on-demand basis and the money can now be used quickly, efficiently and transparently with least amount of burden on everybody's time. However, what you are suggesting is indeed a very good idea. If you can take the lead in organizing something like that, that would be great! :)
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Kobe, you have mail.
RaghuKote
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RaghuKote »

Hi Raja,
Thanks for the encouragement. I would like to organize the effort and will need others help too. I do not have any experience in creating a Charitable org in US but I will try to find out from my friends in Asha, etc.
Also I am in-between projects so will be slow in the effort. Best if we can create a new thread for it and discuss diff ways to go forward. This should be done in each country BR wants to donate from.
Also while I was going through our Heroism forum where are many injured and deseased sevicemen who (inc families) req support sooner. So can we organize another donation like we did for Quick Clot Kits.
Raghu.
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Kobe, email sent.