Internal Security Watch

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by Sachin »

derkonig wrote:Why do you think they are not already linked with their ummah birathers in SIMI and else where?
Many of these organisations actually are either the front-office, or a new name for the group of old SIMI-ains and Jehadi elements. The organisation NDF (affiliate of PFI) was formed as a human rights watch group, and pro-democratic outfit. But soon police found out its true colours.

A development activity of NDF is this...
NDF recently has announced about its plan of adhering to the dawa (missionary work)of aggressively propagating Islam among other communities,P Koya, NDF supreme council member wrote an article in the Thejas magazine ,the organization's mouthpiece that "Many Muslim organisations hold the view that dawa work is fundamental to Muslims. But the same organisations pay scant attention to the work".[2] (Ref. to the link above).
Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

x-posted from Indo-UK thread
I don't think that this Khalistani thing is confined to UK only. I live in Chandigarh and study in Panjab Univ. and have noticed some things here as well.
Firstly, some 3-4 months back I was on Yahoo Messenger in a Punjab room, when a person was shouting(typing) Khalistani slogans in the common room. My room-mate is a Sikh, so I logged in from his Yahoo-id. I sent a PM to that guy and asked him about the things he was saying(typing). Then I just tried to find about his where-abouts. He told me that he resides in Panjab University only. He has some other 'veer'(brothers) with him as well.
He was then like are there any hindus in your class?
Me- Yes.
He- Dont talk to those mother*******.
Me- Ya bro, wat should I do?
He- If a hindu says anything about a sikh, then tell me, we will teach a lesson to him.
Me- How?
He- We only follow one way. Gala vad ke taue vich sit devange(we will silt his throat and throw it in the gutter).
Me- Aren't you afraid that police will catch you?
He- Saanu kissi vi cheez te darr-durr ni haiga.(we dont fear anything).
In the meantime he also told me that he is not a student but lives inside the University campus. And they have guns as well.
I tried to get his Phone No. and his real name, but he was cautious and did not.
In the end I told him that I am a Hindu, and try to pacify his anger against Hindus by justifying the 1984 events. But he was to stubborn to listen to all this. After all the speech that I gave him, I sweared the sh*t out of him.
Then he was like give me your address we will come there and cut you too. Then I sweared more on him.
In another incident, I was in Shimla one year back, with one of my friend. We were at the Ridge and it was around 10 p.m. There were very few people there then. 4 boys were coming from opposite side, 2 of which were Jats. One of them was pretty drunk. He came near us and said in a loud and drunk voice, " prahji je thauno kisi vi cheez di load hoove ta dassayo mainu, main karvavaanaga thauda koi vi kam, koi panga, koi vi kam."(tell me if you need me for anything, I will do it.). One of his friend tried to pull him away from us, and politely apologized. Then he shouted again, "Main Panjab de Education Minister da munda hainga, koi panga di gall ni haigi"(I am the son of the Education Minister of Punjab, I can handle things). Pretty Ok for a drunk Jat till now. Then he shouted again, "Veer mere naal bolo Khalistan Zindabad, zor te bolo ki Khalistan ban ke revega". (Say with me that khalistan will be made).
We didn't say anything and ignored the incident.
Thirdly, I see many cars in Chandigarh which carry the stickers of Khalistan Zaindabad Force and Babbar Khalsa. Openly.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Akshut wrote: Then he shouted again, "Veer mere naal bolo Khalistan Zindabad, zor te bolo ki Khalistan ban ke revega". (Say with me that khalistan will be made).
We didn't say anything and ignored the incident.
Thirdly, I see many cars in Chandigarh which carry the stickers of Khalistan Zaindabad Force and Babbar Khalsa. Openly.

There is a whisper campaign going on with the NRI community about Khalistan. They have gone underground and this is spreading inside India. The confidence is because of the support of Hillary Clinton with the NRI Sikh community.
There is underground support among many Americans with the Sikh groups. I had personal interaction with these americans.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

in mysore the activities of PFI is very curious. it all started with a dead pig at a site in residential colony where a madrasssa was to be constructed. no body knows who did it. the site itself was under litigation. but what i know is right from day one local muslim political leaders and religious leaders have been asking for calm and peace. every single mysorean muslim leader we know has called for peace. there are zero hindu muslim issues amongst local people for as long as i or my predecessors can recall. so again i stress, the traditional local muslim political and religious called for peace immediately - on day one. all this perpetuation is all due this new group called PFI. and for some reason they are provoking action by stabbing a subinspector, a constable and journalist - totally unprovoked. for some reason they want the system to react. this is a totally alien concept to mysore. there have been muslim legislators from mysore and they always bat for mysore. we have tippu urs and ganapathi and deepavali and dasara processions through the same streets never without a problem. i cant imagine how this incident could have aggravated the locals to such levels.

i am not saying it is some sort of utopia, they live in their areas and we in ours. but we have enough peace for their women to teach in our schools, and our women in theirs. that much peace we have always had.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shaardula wrote:in mysore the activities of PFI is very curious. it all started with a dead pig at a site in residential colony where a madrasssa was to be constructed. no body knows who did it. the site itself was under litigation. but what i know is right from day one local muslim political leaders and religious leaders have been asking for calm and peace. every single mysorean muslim leader we know has called for peace. there are zero hindu muslim issues amongst local people for as long as i or my predecessors can recall. so again i stress, the traditional local muslim political and religious called for peace immediately - on day one. all this perpetuation is all due this new group called PFI. and for some reason they are provoking action by stabbing a subinspector, a constable and journalist - totally unprovoked. for some reason they want the system to react. this is a totally alien concept to mysore. there have been muslim legislators from mysore and they always bat for mysore. we have tippu urs and ganapathi and deepavali and dasara processions through the same streets never without a problem. i cant imagine how this incident could have aggravated the locals to such levels.

i am not saying it is some sort of utopia, they live in their areas and we in ours. but we have enough peace for their women to teach in our schools, and our women in theirs. that much peace we have always had.
How is the EJ activity in the area. What is the progress in the last 4-5 years.
There seems to be a pattern in which Hindu-Muslim problem is being exploited by EJ groups.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

acharya there is no simple answer to your query. i doubt if mysorean church has anything to do with it. PFI is an islamic political forum.
Last edited by shaardula on 12 Jul 2009 13:31, edited 5 times in total.
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

War-time alert

SECURITY

Navy upgrades security to keep terrorists at bay, and to ensure Viraat's safety

By S. Neeraj Krishna

The Arabian Sea frothed in monsoon fury. The waves pounded a sea wall near the fish-landing harbour in Vypin, Kochi, where Commander James Paul and his five colleagues waited for fishermen to return. They were on a new mission of the Indian Navy in the aftermath of the Mumbai attack.
To guard India's 7,500km coastline, the Navy and the Coast Guard require help. Hence, another line of defence has to be groomed. It would involve seafaring comrades-fishermen.

As part of the Centre's coastal security programme, Navy and Coast Guard teams are being sent to coastal villages to interact with fisherfolk, apprising them on coastal security. A defence ministry source said the only other place where the armed forces personally interacted with civilians was Kashmir, under the "winning the hearts and minds" initiative.
"No one knows the seas better than you," Chief Petty Officer K. Gopakumar told the fishermen. "Call us on our toll-free numbers if you spot anything unusual or suspicious at sea or in the harbour. Or alert us through the VHF radio sets on your boats. Help us prevent terror attacks."

Paul said the fishermen were asked to look out for:
Exchange of goods or people at sea
Recovering or tossing of packages from/onto the waters or shoreline
Unusual diving activity
Renting of trawlers and fishing boats
Unusual operation of boats, accompanied by videography or photography
On June 30, after inaugurating the NSG hub in Mumbai, Home Minister P. Chidambaram talked of intelligence reports about terror threat to installations on India's west coast. Indeed, two of the most gruesome terror attacks on India had come through the west coast.
In March 1993, loads of kaala sabun (RDX) and arms were smuggled into India through Shekhadi harbour in Maharashtra. The result was Black Friday. The Bombay Blasts maimed India.
In November 2008, a bunch of wanton boys, armed with assault rifles and explosives, came in through the west coast to perpetrate 26/11.
Recent intelligence reports ?warned of the D-company's plans to smuggle arms and explosives into India. In 1993, Tiger Memon, on a speedboat, personally oversaw the landing of explosives in a trawler at Shekhadi.

With more intelligence reports on attacks through the sea, the message was clear. 'Sea jihad' was in vogue. Coastal vigilance had to be boosted.
A high-level committee headed by Cabinet Secretary K.M. Chandrashekar has made the Navy the "designated authority" responsible for maritime security-coastal and offshore.
The Coast Guard, port authorities, fisheries departments and the like are now under the Navy's command. This is usually a war-time procedure. The committee has told these agencies to "optimally use their assets and forces to enhance coastal surveillance".

The Southern Naval Command has more reasons to worry. India's only aircraft carrier INS Viraat is being upgraded at the Cochin Shipyard Ltd in Kochi. In December 2008, US intelligence had warned of a Lashkar-e-Toiba plot to attack the Viraat. Chidambaram had, however, downplayed the threat perception. But, sources in the Navy said the threat still loomed large.
"There have been strong intelligence warnings about designs to attack the Viraat… they [terrorists] are after it," said a Naval officer. "Reports suggest the Viraat could be the no. 1 target of terrorists, surpassing our nuclear reactors."

The Viraat's security has been intensified. Four Navy patrol boats and armed personnel guard it round the clock. No boats are allowed within 500m of wharfs where Navy ships are moored.
The defence ministry has asked the Navy to use zero-tolerance protocol in case of intrusion. Earlier, tourist boats and fishermen's canoes could go close to these wharfs. "Also, apart from choppers and Dorniers, Israeli-made UAVs are now sent on surveillance sorties," the officer said.
The Navy is aware that radical elements are active in some parts of the Kerala coast. "Moreover, Dawood Ibrahim's agents are still active in the state," said a former intelligence official. Manjeswaram in north Kerala is said to be a hot spot.

Terror has struck root in Kerala. Recently, a special investigation team revealed that the LeT recruited 185 Malayali youth for training in Pakistan and to be planted back in Kerala. A terrorist suspect arrested in Karnataka revealed that the banned SIMI held training camps in Wagamon hills in Kerala.
In 2007, a consignment, from Dubai, of 86 air rifles and 30 pistols created a flutter at the Kochi port. Each packet of the weapons contained a Quran, which fuelled tensions. A year later, officials at the Karipur airport in north Kerala found a cache of 59 handguns and 2,000 bullets in a flight from, again, Dubai. Two men arrested in the case claimed that the guns were meant to ward off wild animals!

Police officers said the Intelligence Bureau's multi-agency centre had warned about Bangladesh-based Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen's plans to target vital installations in Kerala.
According to a study by the Kerala Police, "There are over 10 lakh migrant labourers in the state, many from West Bengal, Bihar and the northeast." Intelligence officials cautioned that Bangladeshi insurgents could sneak in the guise of Bengalis who come in hordes to Kerala as labourers.

Also worrying is the lax attitude of the state government. An internal cabinet note on coastal security, accessed by THE WEEK, states that the "coastal states and Union territories have been asked for the expeditious implementation of the ongoing Coastal Security Scheme", under which Kerala is to start eight coastal police stations. But, the progress report attached to the note shows that only one has started.
To keep terror at bay, the Navy has set up a nodal joint operation centre in Kochi. The Coast Guard, too, is chipping in. Petty Officer A. Sudhanand said the Coast Guard, with the help of ISRO, had introduced a cheap, GPS-based distress alert system (DATS), for fishermen.

"For the Mumbai attack, terrorists hijacked a trawler, Kuber. With DATS, such incidents can be immediately brought to our notice," Sudhanand explained to fishermen. "We have given a set of devices to the state authorities." The state government has not yet distributed them.
A sexagenarian fisherman, Peter, who had just moored his boat at Vypin, was phlegmatic in his response to the Navy campaign. He had a message: "You guys don't worry. The fisherman's oar is enough to keep away the Dawoods and the Kasabs!"
Viv Sreenivasan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Viv Sreenivasan »

Getting all too frequent. This problem needs to be tackled seriously.
Another 23 cops murdered by maoists.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8146561.stm
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Just for the records...
A blast happened in District Collectorate, Kochi two days back.
The bomb was placed in a kind of garbage dump, and no one was critically hurt. The Hindu reports that a Special Investigation Team would investigate the case. DGP has said that help from external agencies would be taken if required.

Vernacular media reports that 6 people have already been picked up for questioning. The arrested are close relatives of some notorious SIMI cadres now behind bars.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Attacking military facilities in India is not a terrorist act, its enemy action.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Gadgets for Maoists seized in Ranchi, 2 held
The Ranchi police have seized a huge consignment of communication devices and bullet-proof jackets meant for Maoists operating in Bihar and Jharkhand.

Police said the consignment was sent from Delhi by Air India cargo. It was booked by Naresh Sharma, a Jharkhand-based contractor. He was arrested from Daltonganj in Palamu district.

Praveen Sharma, who supplied the devices, was arrested in Delhi by the Special Cell of the Delhi Police.

“The consignment comprises walkie-talkies, Motorola handsets, high-frequency radios and tape recorders. Some goods have been seized in Delhi too. A Ranchi police team is headed there,” said Pravin Kumar, SSP of Ranchi.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

This is hillarious..
UP Cong chief Bahuguna Joshi sent to 14-day judicial custody
UP Cong chief Bahuguna Joshi sent to 14-day judicial custody
MORADABAD: UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi, arrested for allegedly making derogatory remarks against chief minister Mayawati . Joshi was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate K K Shrivastava who sent her to 14-day judicial custody. ( Watch )

Joshi, who allegedly made some derogatory remarks against Mayawati at a public meeting here, was arrested in Ghaziabad on Wednesday night while she was on her way to Delhi.

She has been booked under 153 A (delivering inflammatory speeches) and section 109 of IPC (using abusive language) besides under provisions of SC/ST Atrocities Prevention Act, additional director general of police Brij Lal said.

Joshi's house on Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg in a high security zone, a stone's throw from the chief minister's secretariat, in Lucknow, was attacked last night by alleged BSP activists.
A portion of the house was set on fire but there was no casualty, police sources said.
Ok so she got arrested for passing some derogatory remarks ...btw what about the one's who burnt her house ? :roll: can't imagine what would have happened if a common man would have said something against Mayawati. :eek:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

If Varun Ghandi's speeches can be televised, why can't this Joshi's speeches be televised, I am sure her speeches were caste based. But since she is from Congress her tapes are not shown and discussed in the Media publically.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Aditya_V wrote:If Varun Ghandi's speeches can be televised, why can't this Joshi's speeches be televised, I am sure her speeches were caste based. But since she is from Congress her tapes are not shown and discussed in the Media publically.
Actually, they have started airing the tapes ( are bleeping out "relevant" words)
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Sum only the innocent part, just asking r*** of Mayawati does not mean she can be booked under the SC/ST act. NDTV specifacally deleting that part out
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Aditya_V wrote:Sum only the innocent part, just asking r*** of Mayawati does not mean she can be booked under the SC/ST act. NDTV specifacally deleting that part out
That is a blatant misuse of strict laws.

Will people/netas now call for scrapping of the SC/ST act just like they did for POTA/TADA? :-?
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

Training Police in Tactical situations
Delhi: The 26/11 attacks exposed the weaknesses of Mumbai’s first line of defence, the city police. In the initial hours of the crisis, it was the first responders, the local police, who could not act decisively.

Now the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad, will run a week-long course to teach police brass on how to respond to tactical situations like terror strikes and ambushes, rural or urban. Started in March, the course replaces theoretical knowledge with actual field situations and practical shooting and also includes personnel from the paramilitary forces like the BSF, CRPF and ITBP.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Police bust LeT module in Jammu & Kashmir
SRINAGAR: The Jammu and Kashmir police on Thursday claimed to have busted a module of the Lashkar-e-Taiba, with the arrest of two workers planning to carry out a “major strike” here.

Fayaz Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Kishtwar, and Mohammad Yousuf Panchoo of Banihal were arrested at Dalgate, the city’s tourist hub, a police spokesman said.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

sum wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:Sum only the innocent part, just asking r*** of Mayawati does not mean she can be booked under the SC/ST act. NDTV specifacally deleting that part out
That is a blatant misuse of strict laws.

Will people/netas now call for scrapping of the SC/ST act just like they did for POTA/TADA? :-?
They form he bulk of the votes.

Any political parties are ready to lose the same.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

Twin choppers for rebel patrol

Ranchi, July 17: Jharkhand will get the services of two helicopters, preferably Dhruv, from the Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) for anti-Naxalite surveillance and rescue operations.

Home secretary J.B. Tubid told The Telegraph that the state could expect the services by the end of this month. “There will be no problem for anti-rebel operations in the future,” Tubid added.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090718/j ... 252308.jsp
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Link
Key Lashkar financier held

Praveen Swami

NEW DELHI: Police in Hyderabad have arrested Shaukatullah Ghauri, an alleged Lashkar-e-Taiba financier believed to have raised funds for multiple attacks by Islamist terror groups in India.

Ghauri, who was held by the Hyderabad Police’s Counter-Intelligence Cell on Friday, is among 12 fugitives wanted by the police in Gujarat for their alleged role in the 2002 temple attack, which was carried out by the Lashkar to avenge that year’s communal pogrom in the State.

Police sources said Mr. Ghauri, along with his brother Farhatullah Ghauri, funnelled upwards of Rs. 500,000 from Saudi Arabia-based Islamists to fund Jaish-e-Mohammad and Lashkar jihadist operations Gujarat.

Days after the Akshardham attack, the Ghauri brothers and fugitive Ahmedabad cleric Maulana Sufiyan Patangia are alleged to have escaped to Saudi Arabia, using false identification papers.

In 2006, a Gujarat court had sentenced three Indian nationals — Adam Suleiman Ajmeri, Mufti Mohammad Mansuri and Chand Usman Khan — to death for their role in the Akshardham attack. Three others received lesser sentences.

Mansur Zahid Chaudhury, the south Kashmir-based Lashkar commander who despatched the fidayeen team that carried out the attack, was killed in a 2003 shootout with the Border Security Force. However, several suspects — including the Ghauri brothers —escaped to Saudi Arabia.

Hyderabad police sources say the Ghauri brothers continued to funnel funds to jihadists operating against India after the Akshardham attack.

Among the recipients was Mohammad Shahid, a Hyderabad resident who was assassinated by unknown assailants in Karachi two years ago. Shahid associate Raziuddin Nasir, who is being tried for his alleged role in a 2007 operation to attack tourists in Goa, is also said to have received funds from the Ghauri brothers.

Last year, the Hyderabad police arrested city resident Mohammad Fayyaz, a relative of the Ghauri brothers who is alleged to have participated in their Saudi Arabia-based fundraising operations. Fayyaz was held on his deportation from Dubai, where he had been held by authorities on organised crime related charges.
So, Shahid Bilal (the bolded part) was actually killed...There was lot of confusion on his status a year back with even Indian police/agencies saying that it could be a smokescreen.

Rumour had it that it was a SDRE job.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

^^ I think that was a result of an intel operation.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

shyamd wrote:^^ I think that was a result of an intel operation.
Hopefully Indian intel and not Paki intel to silence the pig from squealing.( Not that it matters as long as the pig is gone) Atleast, will show that the UPA wasn't as docile as it is looking currently and could take hard decisions.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

For surge against Naxals, Govt to raise 26,000-strong force
Taking the first steps for a massive surge against Naxalites, the Government has decided to set up a 26,000-strong task force that will be equipped and trained to carry out clearing operations in Naxal-affected areas of the country.

It is learnt that 26 battalions, picked from across paramilitary forces, will be placed under an officer of Additional Director General rank. Sources said the process has already started and troops are being identified for this purpose. They will receive specialised training in different places including military training institutions.
According to reliable sources, the task force will not be spread out thin across states but will be used in specific areas in coordination with state and paramilitary forces deployed there with a bigger strategy in mind. While officials do have a time frame and a rough plan, it is a closely guarded affair to retain the element of surprise.
The Centre is particularly upset by the repeated tactical mistakes on the ground. It recently issued an advisory to all concerned states after the incident in Chhattisgarh last Sunday where a SP along with 26 personnel were killed. As it turned out, proper procedures were not followed as the police rushed in after two of its men were found dead earlier in the morning.
Even on Friday night, a police post in Kandhamal was attacked and, to the horror of the Home Ministry, the police were not armed. These incidents, sources said, fly in the face of any serious effort to tackle the Naxal menace. Much of this is expected to be straightened out in the days ahead so that a final surge can be effective. Where, when and how this surge will be launched is a decision the Centre is keeping to itself.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

From Israel, lessons on fighting terror
Following a five-day trip to Israel to get a hands-on experience of counter-terrorism procedures put in place by Tel Aviv, Mumbai Police Commissioner D Shivanandan said a delegation that visited Israel would shortly be finalising a “common report” with a list of recommendations to the state Home Ministry for simulation of the Israeli experience.

“We will be proposing a host of common training programmes and begin with purchase of an array of arms, ammunition and technology, including equipment for bomb disposal squads, from Israel. We will strongly recommend replication of certain Israeli solutions in India,” the Police Commissioner told The Indian Express.

“What impressed me most,” he added, “were their detailed SOPs. The possible use of such systems will very much be part of our post-visit follow-up actions.”
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Ghauri's arrest could reveal Gulf's terror links, says IB
The arrest of Shakatullah Ghauri, an Imam who was arrested from the Hyderabad Airport could help police join the dots relating to several cases of terror in the country, especially the attack on the Akshardham temple [ Images ] at Gujarat. Ghauri, the brother of hardcore militant Farhatullah Ghauri is said to have played a major role in financing outfits such as the Lashkar-e-Tayiba [ Images ] and the Harkat-ul-Jihadi.

Investigating officers in Hyderabad told rediff.com that Ghauri could provide vital clues regarding the attack on the Akshardham Temple in Gujarat in which 30 persons were killed and several others injured. Officials also say that Ghauri was based out of Riyadh where he was working as an Imam. A non-bailable warrant under the provisions of the Prevention of Terrorist Activities Act (POTA) is pending against him in a Gujarat court and he could be taken there for further investigations.

According to sources in the Intelligence Bureau, Ghauri and his brother were instrumental in providing funds for the Lashkar- e-Tayiba and the Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami. Their prime focus was to sponsor terrorism in Gujarat and the LeT and the HuJI had specifically instructed the duo to raise funds for Gujarat operations alone. Both the brothers were among the 12 most wanted terrorists by the Gujarat police. The IB also says that the Ghauri used to raise funds from rich businessmen in the Gulf and then channelize it to Gujarat to fund acts of terror. For the Akshardham attack alone, he is said to have raised almost Rs 5 lakh through his sources in the Gulf.

Ghauri was initially recruited by the Jaish-e-Mohammad, who were looking for a key person in the Gulf to brain wash youth and also help with recruitment. However Ghauri gradually moved into the Lashkar which was planning on going global. He then got in touch with the LeT which immediately took him into their fold almost around 10 years ago. Ghauri helped the Lashkar with funding and also ensured that youth from the Gulf countries were indoctrinated with the Lashkar's world view.

During the planning stages of the Akshardham attack, Ghauri constantly shuttled between Pakistan and Riyadh. However after a red corner alert was sounded against this man and the Gujarat police began to hunt him, he settled down in Riyadh. Ghauri remained low key for a quite some time until the heat on him reduced. However after a few years he began actively participating in fund raising activities. The IB said that Ghauri used funds which were raised for relief victims through religious institutions and then channelized them into terror routes so that subversive activities could be carried out.

Ghauri has sent several men from the Gulf for training to Pakistan, who were in turn were used for operations in India. The IB says that the interrogation of this man would be key since he could provide vital clues regarding the operations of the Lashkar and other outfits in the Gulf countries. Cracking the Gulf code is essential for Indian security agencies as they suspect that the biggest threat for the country apart from Pakistan will be from the operatives settled in the Gulf.
The KSA intel probably handed this guy to us in all probability. So thanks to them.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

KSA spooks are actually helping us while simultaneously hosting the Paki $#%^ terrorists also?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

sum wrote:KSA spooks are actually helping us while simultaneously hosting the Paki $#%^ terrorists also?
For some reason KSA always always displayed this split personality, it produces and funds likes of OBL (overtly and covertly) and at the same time works with US to catch many of the AQ types.

I think it strives to balance the inherent blood thirsty Arabic lot at home with the demands of behaving at least civily if it does not want uncle to move from covert to overt control a la Iraq.

Helping India could be just a offshoot of this taqqiya behavior which by now must be indoctrinated in each and every KSA functionary.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Well, it was probably convenient for KSA to do it. Maybe this guy was up to no good or said a few things against the King as he is an imam, hence would have been watched by the authorities without a doubt. So, India would have handed over a list of wanted people in KSA, so this guy was the most convenient to get rid of. These guys are living in KSA with false documentation. So are the other bigwigs. Note not one mention of RAW, in international stuff, the RAW would probably be involved in interrogation. And if this guy is from Riyadh, why did he fly in from Jeddah. Doesn't make any sense.

And plus KSA are expected to sign an extradition pact with India quite soon, the KSA cabinet have approved it so far. So maybe this is the first under agreements, even though not penned.

Besides after the Sarfraz Nawaz arrest, cops did say more will follow.

shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Why do cops cover face of such culprits? Why don't they show the face to public so that everybody who knew such people realizes who they were?
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

SOG camp attacked; SI killed, 3 cops injured
A police officer was killed and three security forces personnel injured as militants today attacked a camp of anti-militancy Special Operations Group (SOG) in Shopian district in South Kashmir today, official sources said here.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

shyam wrote:Why do cops cover face of such culprits? Why don't they show the face to public so that everybody who knew such people realizes who they were?
It is to do with their prosecution. If their faces are seen on tv or in the press, the defense can argue that eye witnesses were biased/influenced by their faces being seen on tv/press.

In order for any eye witness accounts against these people being admissable, it is critical that their faces not be shown in the media.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/nhrc- ... se/492703/

See the first reply by a person called Sufi. I posted a reply to him but IE has not yet posted it in the site :evil:
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Calicut blasts (which happened nearly two years back): Suspect arrested

During the investigations of the recent bomb blast as Collectorate, Kochi the special police team have picked up as a suspect of the twin blasts at the bus stands at Kozhikode. His hand is also suspected in the Bangalore blasts. Also worked as a party member with PDP, the same party which the ruling CPI(M) had formed an alliance with during the recent elections.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rkirankr wrote:http://www.indianexpress.com/news/nhrc- ... se/492703/

See the first reply by a person called Sufi. I posted a reply to him but IE has not yet posted it in the site :evil:
rkirankr ji,

Pointless to debate with such scum.

Elections are long over and the intended results have been obtained. :)

The system will revert to sleep mode for the next five years, country be damned. :evil:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Clean chit by National Human Rights Commission to Delhi Police in the Batala House encounter
The National Human Rights Commission on Wednesday gave a clean chit to the Delhi police over the much talked about Batla House encounter saying that “the police party engaged in the encounter had fired at the alleged terrorists in self-defence.”

“The police party clearly acted in self-defence. In such circumstances, the action taken by the police party in which Mohammed Atif Ameen and Mohammed Sajid [occupants of the room in flat No. 108 at L-18 apartments at Batla House in Jamia Nagar where the encounter took place] received fatal injuries and died is fully protected by law,” the Commission said in its 30-page probe report submitted to the Delhi High Court.

“We are clearly of the opinion that having regard to the material placed before us, it cannot be said that there has been any violation of human rights by the action of the police party. Since there was no violation of human rights, nothing further is required to be done by the Commission and the case is closed,” the probe report concluded.

“There can be no manner of doubt that firing was first resorted to by the occupants of the room on the police party. If the police party had first resorted to firing, the occupants of the room after receiving injuries from service weapons would have immediately fallen down and would not at all have been in any position to fire upon the police party,” the report stated