Follow Bharat-Rakshak on Twitter and Facebook

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Follow Bharat-Rakshak on Twitter and Facebook

Post by Rishi »

Please see below:
abhischekcc wrote:Hi Guys,

I recently started twitting on behalf of BRF. Its very small right now, and I will be twitting more in the coming days.

The url is http://twitter.com/bharatrakshak.
Currently the plan is to use the twitter stream for BR announcements and to link to certain discussions and announcements.

Any suggestions/comments on a twitter strategy are welcome.

========================

BR facebook

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=BRF+( ... init=quick
andy b wrote: Hi All,

We now have a BRF page on ze Facebook. Anybody who wants to join needs to follow the follwing steps:

(1) send us (me, Dmurphy or PGBhat) a mail telling us your BRF handle.
(2) post a small message on the sticky thread confirming you've carried out step (1)

That will confirm your identity Only then can we can let you in! The main reason behind this is to ensure that we dont let strangers in and to ensure that people that we let in dont post crap on the page.

Now you can either search for us in FB by our names:
Anand Barve
Vishal Nalkur
Pradeep Bhat

or search for the BRF page and then send a join request in followed by a post on the FB sticky thread.
We understand that this is pedantic and hope that people can understand the objective behind this motive and kindly put up with the inconvinience.

Also a kind request to all BRF FB members and wanna be members....do put up a pic. We all wanna see if you're really as ugly as we think you are. :P
tarun
BRFite

Re: Follow Bharat-Rakshak on Twitter

Post by tarun »

Follow back humans (not bots) who follow this ID. Try to respond to replies to @bharatrakshak in tweets. Twitter is not equal to broadcast media, it should be used for expanding the conversation as opposed to directing traffic to topics or conversations. If it is not possible for one person to manage the ID share it with amongst multiple moderators of this forum to direct people to conversations and facilitate them on twitter.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Hi Vishal -this is to confirm my application to be registered in face book version of e -mail .
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

^^^ Ramana saar can we have a sticky for ze FB BRF thingie.

It will make it a bit easier for people to know that the page is now up and running since I dont think all people go on to nukkad.

We can then have the conditions that have been put up by DMurphy in order to recognise the right people to be added on the FB page.

TIA
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Shankar wrote:Hi Vishal -this is to confirm my application to be registered in face book version of e -mail .
Shankar welcome to FB BRF I have added ya

Cheers,
Anand.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

anand, write an appropriate intro post, I'll add it to the first post and edit the thread title.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Rahul apologies been a little busy with a mid term exam thank god the torment's over for now :twisted:

I am making this as a intro post as requested:

Hi All,

We now have a BRF page on ze Facebook. Anybody who wants to join needs to follow the follwing steps:

(1) send us (me, Dmurphy or PGBhat) a mail telling us your BRF handle.
(2) post a small message on the sticky thread confirming you've carried out step (1)

That will confirm your identity Only then can we can let you in! The main reason behind this is to ensure that we dont let strangers in and to ensure that people that we let in dont post crap on the page.

Now you can either search for us in FB by our names:
Anand Barve
Vishal Nalkur
Pradeep Bhat

or search for the BRF page and then send a join request in followed by a post on the FB sticky thread.
We understand that this is pedantic and hope that people can understand the objective behind this motive and kindly put up with the inconvinience.

Also a kind request to all BRF FB members and wanna be members....do put up a pic. We all wanna see if you're really as ugly as we think you are. :P
nitinr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinr »

Hi guys,

Request to add on FB. I have sent a join request.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Hi Guys,

On the tweeter effort, we have been posting URLs to other sites. It does not help our purpose - we don't create visibility for BRF by giving links to other sites.

What we should be doing is posting interesting quotes from BRF members, and linking that page on twitter. Quotes should be such that the reader is forced to react or at least take notice. Of course, the quotes should not be offensive.
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

On the tweeter effort, we have been posting URLs to other sites. It does not help our purpose - we don't create visibility for BRF by giving links to other sites.

What we should be doing is posting interesting quotes from BRF members, and linking that page on twitter. Quotes should be such that the reader is forced to react or at least take notice. Of course, the quotes should not be offensive.
^^ AoA and I second ACC on this... provide some BR links also plz.

At AI, 99% of people coming to the stall had no clue about BR, and when they left, they still didnt. BR needs to be visible.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Hi

Have sent a request to join FB

Cheers
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Guys when you send a request to join the FB please send us your BR handle so that we know who we are letting in....The intent currently is to make sure that we dont let externals in the Group is visible to all but you cant join openly for the aforementioned reason.

There are currently quite a few requests pending and as we dont know your handle we cant accept you. Apologies for any inconviniences.

The mullahs have not been able to put out a sticky thread for ze FB initiative :( Hmph time to grab me stinger and shoot down some Bredators AoA Power to the people :twisted:
mithil
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mithil »

Vishal ji,

This is to confirm my registration for the bharat-rakshak community on face book.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

andy B wrote:Guys when you send a request to join the FB please send us your BR handle so that we know who we are letting in....The intent currently is to make sure that we dont let externals in the Group is visible to all but you cant join openly for the aforementioned reason.

There are currently quite a few requests pending and as we dont know your handle we cant accept you. Apologies for any inconviniences.

The mullahs have not been able to put out a sticky thread for ze FB initiative :( Hmph time to grab me stinger and shoot down some Bredators AoA Power to the people :twisted:
Have changed topic to reflect FB as well.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115853814490 is the group.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Re: Follow Bharat-Rakshak on Twitter and Facebook

Post by abhischekcc »

Hi,

I just sent a request on face book to join.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

AbhishekhCC and Mithil are your names on FB the same as your BRF handle if not I need to know that so I know I am adding the right person. Look me up on FB "Anand Barve" my pic is with a black hoodie on my two wheeled ayesha.

Rishinullah danke' joo are safe for now :twisted: please ensure that you squak the right IFF code bhen phlying ova ze valley.... :mrgreen:
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Hi,

I couldn't find the 'right' Anand Barve.

My name on FB starts with Abhishek and has a six letter surname.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

anand, I've added your intro to the opening post.
you forgot to give the link ! :wink:
nitinr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinr »

Hi Andy,

I am Nitin Rastogi on FB and requesy sent.

Thanks
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

good point abcc !
have posted a couple of forum snippets.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

While posting on twitter, you can use the following convention.

Prefix the tweet with the words - "Quote on BR:"
This will help clarify to readers that it is opinion of a person, not the forum. It will help protect the site from any reaction, if any.

Second - give the url.

And thirdly, give the quote, making sure you include the 'right' keywords :)
That is, defining keywords of topic you are posting about. For ex., combinations of EVM / India / election can be included in the tweet.
This will help the tweet come up in searches.

In case, the quote you want to put is interesting, but not enough keywords, you can include a descriptor with the quote like this:
"Quote on BR on EVMs in Indian Elections".
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I've written "follow discussion on BR" which conveys the same thing IMHO.
people unfamiliar with internet forums(which I think means most twitty birds) will not understand what quote means.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Rahul,

The tweet in which you said this points to the discussion thread, no quotes there.

But if we quote a member's post, we would have to say "Quote on BR".
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

isn't there a word limit ? can you accommodate all that ?

the gdp tweet for example quotes suraj's post but I had to give just the subject, link and "discussion on BR".

good point about the keywords, I'll definitely keep that in mind.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Yes, there is a character limit of 140 per post. That's why we have to do such word-gymnastics :)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So finally broke down and created a facebook acct. I do not want my pic. Will the mujahids allow linking or not?

the acct name is ramana brf
atma
BRFite

Post by atma »

Maine bhi munh ki kitab (fb) pe apply kiya hain. naam hain $ushrut, facebook pe. Jara confirm ho jaye. Dhanyawaad.
Last edited by atma on 20 Aug 2009 01:38, edited 2 times in total.
atma
BRFite

Post by atma »

Welcome to fb, Ramanaji. I joined a few weeks back, and am enjoying it.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Rahul,

You can also use tinyurl.com, to reduce the URL length considerably and thereby have more characters for the narrative.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Rahul M wrote:anand, I've added your intro to the opening post.
you forgot to give the link ! :wink:
:oops: May your beard grow long and healthy and always remain tick free :mrgreen:

Atma ji and Ramana ji at work right now will confirm once I get home unless murphynullah and bhatmullah have ye look at it.

Cheers,
Anand.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Here's the direct link to the group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 490&ref=ts

Thank you Admins for including this in the twitter dhaga :)
Now that quite a few have joined in...you could also start giving some suggestions regarding the FB page.
atma
BRFite

Post by atma »

Thanks Anand.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

Sirs,

I have accepted an invite from ramana's face book avtar. Does this mean I am subscribing to BR on face book? If not, please tell me what I should do on FB or here. I hope I qualify to be added to BRF on face book. I am only an occassional rambler. Thanks in advance. My facebook profile is Rajaram Muthukrishnan and yes it has a photo too!
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Atma and Raja Ram, you're both in! Welcome to the world of BRF (Bharat Rakshak Facebook) :D
Mashallah! The tribe has grown to 28 members now with another 14 waiting in the wings...

The guys who have not yet been let in...please refer the first post of this thread. Please notify me per mail on FB once you've posted a message here confirming your application.
Samar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Samar »

Hi

Have send add request on Facebook.. please consider it... thanks
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

a suggestion for BR twitter

You should consider using a couple of hashtags every 2-3 tweets or so - increases visibility

also do consider tweeting 1-2 tweets every 30 mins or so

all tweets appearing all at one time, would mean nobody gets to see your tweets or know about you in the public timeline at other times. spreading out your tweets with 30 min interval or so would ensure greater tweet visibiltiy

the sudden appearance of your tweets all at 1 time drowns out the tweets from other members one is following - can get a lil uncomfortable then
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

sent a request on fb.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Roy & Samar yar both in :D
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Thanks pal.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

I have sent a request to join BR on face book.
account name is tauragem.
please consider it.