Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by Bala Vignesh »

chandrabhan wrote:
jamwal wrote:Read Lashkar by Mukul Deva in one sitting only :mrgreen:
A very good book. Now am searching for Salim Must Die. It shouldn't be too hard to find in Dilli . Varghese ji, Thanks for recommending.
I read it too. Liked it, let me know your add at t i w a r i d a w t c h a n d r a b h a n at gmail d a w t com. will send it.
Hi there.. could you please send me a copy too... my id is djvignesh at gmail.com
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

I am reading "Man's search for meaning" by Viktor Frankl. Amongst other things, it talks about the reaction of people to food deprivation (at Nazi Concentration camps).

I can see the reaction of deprivation of posts by Shankar, Vivek, Vivek2 on the readers. We have now started humoring ourselves by telling each other where to find a book till the time our own "Mukul Deva"s decide to post. :(

Humble request from the fans side - please make thy self visible. Agreed that we are the 'receivers' yet the 'giver' should also be considerate.
Yashu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Yashu »

chandrabhan wrote:
jamwal wrote:Read Lashkar by Mukul Deva in one sitting only :mrgreen:
A very good book. Now am searching for Salim Must Die. It shouldn't be too hard to find in Dilli . Varghese ji, Thanks for recommending.
I read it too. Liked it, let me know your add at t i w a r i d a w t c h a n d r a b h a n at gmail d a w t com. will send it.
Please send me at digvijayas dot gmail dot com
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

I read it too. Liked it, let me know your add at t i w a r i d a w t c h a n d r a b h a n at gmail d a w t com. will send it.[/quote]
Hi there.. could you please send me a copy too... my id is djvignesh at gmail.com[/quote]

Hi All,
I don't have the soft copy :-( Only couple of hard copies...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chandrabhan wrote:I read it too. Liked it, let me know your add at t i w a r i d a w t c h a n d r a b h a n at gmail d a w t com. will send it.

Hi All,
I don't have the soft copy :-( Only couple of hard copies...
chandrabhan, If you can send me a copy will circulate in Bay Area BRF members too! Drop me an e-mail at usual address if there are copies still left.
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

Btw.. the third "Lashkar" Series is due out in Jan.. Its called Blowback.

Extract:
An extract from BLOWBACK

by Mukul Deva

Sporting the typical sandy-greenish-yellow camoflague paint commonly used by military vehicles in this area, the Army jeep thundered up. The jeep’s canopy cover was rolled forward. There were four soldiers perched in the open rear seats and two in the front cabin. The four men at the back cradled the standard POF (Pakistan Ordinance Factory) manufactured PK-7 short assault rifle in their hands. Patterned on the Heckler & Koch G3 automatic rifle, externally the fixed-stock PK-7 resembles the short-barrelled G3, however its caliber had been changed to 7.62 x 39 mm (M43) and the internal operating mechanism had been adjusted for use with a lower recoil impulse cartridge.

At the moment the weapons were placed casually between their legs, with the barrels pointing safely skywards, but neither Iqbal nor Tanaz had any doubts about the speed with which they could be brought into action by a trained soldier or the lethality of the heavy 7.62 mm slugs that they could spew out with blazing rapidity. Each of the standard magazines fitted on the PK-7 rifle cradled twenty rounds; and those eighty rounds in those four rifles could be unleashed within seconds. The deck was firmly stacked against the couple on the run; especially with Iqbal already wounded.

The jeep shuddered to a noisy, creaking halt as it came up to the stranded station wagon that was blocking most of the narrow track. A sudden silence fell upon them as the soldier behind the wheel turned off the engine; the billowing dust in its wake slowly settling down around the jeep.

‘Hello! Hello! What have we here?’ The thirty-something man who leaned out from the front passenger’s side had the bullying arrogance of the typical Army NCO (Non Commissioned Officer) etched in his tone. He was clearly irritated at being forced to stop and made no effort to hide this fact.

‘Sorry janab.’ Tanaz called out; her tone remarkably calm and even, considering the circumstances. ‘The tyre got punctured. I will just change it and clear the road in a moment.’

‘It would be much faster if you got that idiot sitting inside to help you.’ The NCO pointed at Iqbal. ‘You!’ This was said to Iqbal, in a slightly raised tone. ‘Aren’t you ashamed of yourself, sitting on your butt while you make the woman work?’

‘That’s my husband janab.’ Tanaz replied before Iqbal could open his mouth. ‘He is ill. In fact I was taking him to the hospital at Gujranwala when the tyre got punctured.’

She was still speaking when the NCO threw open the jeep door and jumped out, his metal-jacketed boots hitting the ground with a dull thump. Perhaps it was only force of habit or maybe he had noticed something that had struck a chord of suspicion in his head, but he was toting a carbine in his hand when he hit the road.

‘What’s wrong with him?’ The NCO said as he started walking up to the station wagon, heading for Iqbal’s side of the vehicle.

Tanaz exchanged a rapid glance with Iqbal as the NCO approached.

‘What do you think?’ She seemed to ask.

‘We cannot take a chance!’ His eyes replied.

‘Go for it!’ She nodded imperceptibly. ‘I’ll take those four in the rear of the jeep. You take out the two in front.’

Under the folds of the burqa Tanaz gently and soundlessly clicked the Uzi to automatic fire mode. The NCO was still a dozen feet away when the Uzi chattered to life. Despite the awkwardness of having to deal with the burqa cloth flowing all around her, Tanaz’s opening burst almost instantly cut down the two men in the rear of the jeep on her side of the road. Perched high in the open rear of the jeep they were un-miss able targets. Both died before they knew that firing had begun. The two sitting on the opposite side of the jeep were marginally luckier. Despite the suddenness of the assault they almost managed to jump clear of the jeep before the Uzi’s lethal cargo reached them. One took the bullet straight in his head so had nothing further to contribute to the proceedings, but the other managed to get a couple of rounds off before he fell. Neither of his rounds came anywhere near Tanaz, because the impact of being hit spun him around before the bullets cleared the barrel of his rifle. The barrel of his PK-7 was arcing towards the right as he fell. That is why both bullets thumped explosively into the windscreen of the station wagon, starring the toughened glass immediately.

Meanwhile, inside the station wagon, Iqbal was bringing up his own Uzi to fire when the barrel snagged in the shawl covering him.

Shit!

He clawed at it frantically, but by the time he cleared it and got the weapon up the Pakistani NCO’s carbine had begun to spit lead.

The NCO was shocked to a standstill when the Uzi in Tanaz’s hands had thundered to life. By the time his training took over and activated an appropriate response the first two soldiers in the jeep were already dead. Tanaz was realigning her weapon on to the second set of soldiers in the rear of the jeep by the time the NCO released the safety and brought his carbine into play. His short, sharp, three-round burst slammed into Tanaz just a fraction of a second after she had cut down the last of the four men in the rear of the jeep. The harsh, multiple impact of all three rounds literally lifted Tanaz in the air and threw her backwards over the embankment into the field. She hit the ground hard; her head making a dull, thunking sound as it struck the ground. Then she was still. Soon blood began to seep out and stain the folds of the burqa enveloping the still form lying on the ground.

Before the NCO could fire again hot lead from Iqbal’s weapon turned his head to pulp and he slumped lifelessly to the ground.

Iqbal even managed to get a second burst out at the soldier behind the wheel of the jeep; who was sitting transfixed with fear and shock at the sudden turn of events, when the first PK-7 round fired by Tanaz’s final victim shattered the windscreen of the station wagon. The slug slashed through the windscreen and thumped harmlessly into the upholstery of the seat beside him.

Damn! That was clos…

The thought was still forming in his mind when the second rifle bullet sliced through the already shattered windscreen and slammed into Iqbal.

The heavy 7.62 mm slug travels with tremendous power; so much so that even at a range of 4400 meters it carries almost eighty joules of energy; more than adequate to deliver a crippling blow to the human body. The bullet that smashed into Iqbal had barely traveled thirty meters. It was moving with all the lethality of an express train gone berserk. It made short work of his breastplate as it ploughed into his chest, throwing him backwards into oblivion.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

To Mr. Ahuja, Mr. Shankar and Mr.Sharma.

Gentlemen please wake up!!!

Please donot leave your stories (Scenarios) incomplete. It weekend time and we appreciate something to read.

Regds

An ardent reader :((
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

all on standby for ARIHANT launch then we can add that to scenarios

one more day to go

once again it should be an akula 2 - and then you guys will maybe stop bashing Russia for goroshkov price escalation -you will know the real reason -Shankarosky
nrshah
BRFite

Post by nrshah »

Shankarosky,

we have demolished and wiped out TSP quite a few times. time to engage our northern "friends" which is actually root of all the evils. request you to write scenario against chinis once current scenario is complete.

-Nitin
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

seriously speaking we are not ready to fight an offensive war on china -at least thats my thinking -we can of course do a good mobile defense but the cost will be high

decades of neglect have brought us to this stage - can always make scenario -but may be many will not like it

so sticking to less controversial situations

was just going through this years military yearbook and overall numerical superiority is difficult to ignore -even discounting their training and system upkeep -it will be a tough call

have been to china number of times and know their mind set well - at the moment they are not looking for a fight and more bothered with economics and the new generation is quite materialistic and will prefer macdonalds to fighting in tibet

The PRC government knows this all too well but they are also quite ruthless in implementation of their policies and there lies the small window of opertunity for us -if we can exploi that resentment against government then the numerical superiority will be useless

can we do it?
nrshah
BRFite

Post by nrshah »

Although don't like to read what you wrote, cannot disagree.

But what if tom we are forced to? Chin knowing our state trying to take Arunachal by force? It will have to be defensive. but yet it will provide insight...

-Nitin
prabir
BRFite

Post by prabir »

We should not over estimate China. They never fight wars that they cannot win. This is because, any misadventure on their part will ensure that their state structure crumbles.

All we have to do now is to improve our defences in the north-east, so that, status quo is maintained.
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

Shankar wrote:...........
once again it should be an akula 2 - and then you guys will maybe stop bashing Russia for goroshkov price escalation -you will know the real reason -Shankarosky
Shankar,

How can it be an Akula 2? The ATV is around 6000T whereas the akula is 12000T.
The displacement numbers being mentioned are closer to a charlie1/2.
Vyas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vyas »

Hi Guys,
If its not too much trouble can anyone point me to the thread/post where this particular scenario starts ? I have been browsing through the previous scenarios threads in the archives but haven't had any success. Thanks.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Although don't like to read what you wrote, cannot disagree.

But what if tom we are forced to? Chin knowing our state trying to take Arunachal by force? It will have to be defensive. but yet it will provide insight...

-Nitin
Nitin - If China tries to take Arunachal by force naturally we have no option to but fight back ,but they may try Ladakh also an aspect we tend to forget . While Arunachal would expose all of Assam Ladakh will do the same with respect to Kashmir

As you know I am not in armed forces but very interested kike all BR s so when in China took a special interest on the visible part of their military institution.

First port of call was of course PLA museum in Beijing next to PLA headquarters . The DF2 and a frigate was on display outside and inside all the wars they fought over last century -you do get a feeling they are not innovative fighters but very tenacious and human cost dont mean much .That I think is the basic nature of all PLA forces

The PLA men were actually very polite to me knowing me from india and in the modern section they waived my entrance fee -which confused me why should they do that when american and others were paying the fee .?

maybe they wanted to show me their capability of all the nuke tests and missiles and weapons they use today or may be just being friendly

Same kind of experience in shanghai naval base -they did not object o me taking photos of the frigate anchored which i found very strange

We still dont understand the new china very well - they are not that of 1962 - but much more confidant and complex - we need to be careful in our defensive strategy and have to study them very well - a thing very few if any politicians do today
prabir
BRFite

Post by prabir »

What is holding China from taking Arunachal by force ?
They will never fight a war with India till they know they can win. 1962 cannot be repeated again. Even in 1962, where we took a stand, we did well. 1962 war was lost because of Nehru cronies in the Army. It was not because of our own lack in abilities.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Sorry Guys, I've been busy with prep for a SAP go-live. Next month is going to be really hard on time, but here's the next installment.

Story Recap
Day 1
Chapter 1: Hunted becomes the hunter
- Peshawar under Siege

Day 2
Chapter 2: The Tiger Awakens
- Peshawar falls
Chapter 3: The Tiger Growls
- Indian PM declares TSP airspace blockade
- Task Forces 1-4 get ready to be deployed

Day 3
Chapter 4: The Tiger shows its teeth,
- Indian Ultimatum results in 16 F-16s crashes
- TSP Missiles commit Fratricide

Day 4
- Paki Sub destroyed
- Lt Amit and Lt. Punit on their way to covert operations inside TSP

Day 8
- Attack on Jaiselmer sector by XXXI corp begins
- Bhuttewala under attack by 26th Mechanized (Colonel Gurez commanding) and 14th Infantry (Colonel Jung commanding)
- Kishangarh under attack by 25th Mechanized (CO Colonel Raza)
-
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0143 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh.

Brigadier Parijaat’s was not apprehensive anymore, but he was worried now. Radio dispatches coming in from forward units have been bad. Some have been completely wiped out and some have suffered massive casualties within last two minutes. “The shock and awe by Paki units have certainly succeeded in this case. We need to stop this massacre.” He thought.

0145 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh.

Brigadier Parijaat got on the horn and almost shouted in the radio, “All forward units fall back to defensive positions. Everybody cease fire immediately, fire only if require. Let Paki units approach the mines, then execute plan Zebra 135.”

Brigadier Parijaat ordered the radio officer to change the frequency for General Parakram and said, “We are getting butchered here. In a few minutes we will need your artillery support. Our organic artillery support won’t be enough to stop the paki armor elements.”

General Parakram replied, “Agreed, I will have Colonel Abhi get in touch with you.”

0150 HRS, Approximately 1 KM West of Village of Bhuttelwala.

After the initial losses, situation at Bhuteewala was becoming better minute-by-minute. Lt. Khan has successfully disabled 10 t-80. The initial loss of almost half of paki armor has proved to be a boon for Indian armor. Infantry elements of 14th Infantry were trying very hard to cross the tunnel, but it was proving to be a massacre. No one could see but water of the canal has turned red. And was getting clogged with bodies of paki 14th Infantry.

Lt. Khan looked though his eyepiece to get his next victim, but this time what he saw made him smile. He got on the radio and shouted, “ Sir, paki Infantry is moving back permission to purse them across the canal.” Brigadier Sher Singh replied, “ Agreed, let me get engineers to get put down a bridge on the canal. In the mean time why don’t you resupply and then you can take 14 t-90’s and 14 BMP’s that we have in reserve. Rest of them will hold positions here.

0155 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh.

In the mean time, Brigaider Prijaat of Indian 11th infantry was getting ready to execute plan zebra 135. His forward units were getting back to defensive positions and paki armor element was moving forwrd. Many of the units have been completely wiped out, but he has to wait as much as he could. Brigaider Prijaat again looked through his infrared vision and then looked at the UAV feed, “ Another fifty meters, and then I won’t be able to wait.”

0200 HRS, Approximately 1 KM West of Village of Bhuttelwala.

Captain Surya was commanding the engineering team that was to lay down a quick bridge over the Canal. Just two days ago they have demolished the original bridge so that the enemy won’t be able to cross the bridge. For this particular operation he has chosen the BLT - T-72 as the whole operation will take less then 5 minutes. But those 5 minutes will be murderous to say the least. Captain Surya contacted Lt. Khan on the encoded frequency. Khan replied, “Sir, I need another 15 minutes, just resupplying my tank”.

0205 HRS, 1 KM southwest of Village of Bhuttelwala.

The radio communication between Lt General Mohammad, Colonel Gurez commanding the 26th Mechanized and Colonel Jung commanding the 14th Infantry was getting very heated. Things were going according the Lt General Mohammad’s plan, Indian 4 Armd and 340 mech were getting ready to cross the canal and pursue. Colonel Gurez and Colonel Jung wanted to withdraw right now to minimize their losses but General Mohammad was not ready yet.

In the end Lt General Mohammad ordered, “Ok withdraw 14th Infantry completely. In the mean time remaining elements of 26th Mechanized to provide cover and make sure Indians don’t cross the canal for next hour.”

0210 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh.

Colonel Raza commanding the 25th Mechanized was feeling very happy tonight. They have covered last few KMs without much resistance and since they have not hit any mines, he was feeling quite adventurous. Out of 60 T-80’s he has started with, only 5 has been damaged. He got on the radio and ordered, “All units, break formation , make a wide arc as per the plan and then we encircle the Indian positions and annihilate them.”

Just as soon as the order went out, his tank almost stopped immediately. Colonel Raza asked the drive, “Why have you stopped?” Before his driver could answer the radio crackled, “ Sir, all five forward units have been disabled by the mines” and it seemed just at that moment that the fire from sky erupted. They were standing in middle of nowhere and artillery shells has started to land on the forward units.

Before he could think he heard more booms, he switched on the viewer and saw a wall of fire raching towards his units and then he realized why the resistance was so light till this moment. ‘Those ******** are making their stand here. Well so be it, it is where they will sleep forever. All units belay that last order, fall back and let mine sweeper units go ahead and clear the way. In the mean time fire at will.”
Vikram Rathore
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikram Rathore »

Folks,

In terms of good modern military thrillers with an Indian perspective, I would recommend Line of Control by Mainak Dhar....its really good, and in addition to being a good action thriller with all the military action you could want, its also very well written. Here's a link to the website that a google search revealed http://www.loc.homestead.com. I bought my copy from Oxford in Delhi and thoroughly enjoyed it.

cheers
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Since ARIHANT has come, can we have all the pending scenarios. :?: :roll:
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0215 HRS, Approximately 2 KM West of Village of Bhuttelwala.

Lt, Khan has rounded up his formation of 14 T-90s and `4 BMP’s to pursue the Paki elements across the canal. He got on the radio with Captain Surya and first of the BLT - T-72 moved forward.

Just as the bridge layer BLT T-72 got out of its hiding spot, Captain Surya ordered his men to fir smoke ammunition. Within seconds multiple smoke bombs were fired towards the intended spot. In the mean time Lt’ Khan’s formation started laying fire on anything that was moving.

A BLT T-72 has a crew of three, this particular BLT-72 was being manned by Driver Charan Singh and Lance Naiks Saleem and Anthony and it was being protected by two T-90’s on each side.

On the other side of the canal Lt. Yusuf of Pakistani 14the infantry saw the smoke screen and he knew that Indians are getting ready to cross the canal, he quickly started rounding his group of twenty soldiers.

Lt Khan’s T-90’s and BMP2 were almost made the two sides of the smoke screen and they started laying concentrated machine gun fire on the other edge of the canal to make sure no infantryman created any trouble.

Lt. Yusuf has collected his team and said, “Guys, we will use the smoke cover to creep slowly to the edge of the canal, get portable anti tank ammunition and follow me.” As he started creeping forward lying down on the ground, he was well hidden by the geography and the smoke screen. The bullets were whizzing past them, but that didn’t stop them. In next ten minutes or so they have hit the canal’s concrete edge, but the bridge layer was just not visible.

Lt’ Yusuf ordered half his men to go left and rest to follow him to the right.

0225 HRS, Approximately 2 KM West of Village of Bhuttelwala.

In next minutes all that was visible in the particular area around the smoke screen was lots of flares fired by Pakistani infantry teams, which had proved to be a necessary devil for them, as this was giving out their positions, but to find out where the bridge was being laid it was the only help they could give to Lt’ Yusuf’s team.

For Driver Charan singh using the viewer was completely useless as it was dark and smoky. But thanks to the groundwork done before hand and his GPS, he knew he was no less then 5 meters away from his intended destination. Just as GPS confirmed the coordinates, Lance Naik Anthony jumped out and ran towards the drivers side while lance Naik Saleem manned the machine gun.

Lance naik Saleem scanned the horizon or whatever was visible and shouted a few corrections to drive charan singh. As the BLT T-72 finally settled in its position, he switched the automatic bridge layer and the bridge started to unfold.

Lt. Yusuf could make out the heavy churning sound of the engine across the small canal, so he stood up and started running towards the sound and in about thirty seconds he could make up the outline of the bridge layer. He immediately aimed and fired with an anti-tank missile.

Lance Naik standing outside saw the muzzle flash but his shout was buried in this mouth as the drivers side was hit by an anti tank shell and he was thrown clear of the t-72, but Driver singh’s body was blown to bits and pieces.

Lt’ Yusuf looked at his team and two NCO’s fired another salvo of RPG’s. But just as the RPG’s left the launch barrel, the whole team saw muzzle flashes of the machine gun and before they could hide, Indian bullets were making bheja fry of their bodies. The speeding bullets cut eight of them down. And just as bodies started falling down, one of the t-90 lowered his gun to hit the embankment on the other side and fired.

Lt. Yusuf who was lying down to load his portable anti tank rocket launcher poked his head out to take aim and right at that moment the shell from T-90 exploded on the embankment. His head was blown off clearly from his body, which for a split second was protected by the concrete embankment. As soon as the momentum was transferred from the shell to the concrete, rest of his body flew out with different velocities.

Saleem immediately jumped out of his spot, and ran towards the back of the BLT T-72 and engaged the manual override to put the bridge down.

0232 Hrs and the message was relayed that bridge has been laid.

0235 hours, another bridge has been laid at the secondary location 50 meter away.
Last edited by vivek.sharma on 28 Jul 2009 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Shankar Da,

If you have time I can use some help. I already have Jaiselmer and I am going to open another front.

There are two more fronts I want to open up but simple don't have time to get them going concurrently. These two are brand new fronts, and never been attempted in the Forum.

Can we discuss some times at your convnience? Feel free to contact me at vshar99 at gmail dot com

Vivek

vshar99 at gmail dot com
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Consumed and digested the last installment. can we have some more.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0240 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh

Colonel Raza’s T-80 were playing a game of cat and mouse with Indian infantry positions. All 6 of his mine sweepers were burning as they were the only ones that have been targeted by Indians, “Hmm, smart firing. Units 20 and 25 move forward. Rest of the units hold your fire and mark positions.” Said Colonel Raza.

On Indian side Brigadier Parijaat was watching the Paki Tank movements very closely. He had specifically ordered that no other tank other then the one’s with minesweeper attachements be attacked. His strategy has more or less succeeded, as Pakistani commander has just ordered two of his tanks to move forward.

The powerful T-80 lurched forward slowly and kept moving. The ball was in Brigadier Parijaat’s court, how to combat his threat. If he orders infantry units to open fire, it will give away their positions and will be possibly annihilated by other paki tanks hiding behind the dunes. If he let them come, then they can cause havoc on the infantry defensive positions.

An Indian infantry division has an organic armored BMP part to counteract small threats and this situation surely qualified for one. So he picked up the radio and said, “Unit Zebra 12, you are weapons free on the two enemy tanks moving forward, make sure to change your positions after firing. Wait for my command. All other units hold your fire.”

Brigadier Parijaat was thinking that if these two tanks can be destroyed then the Pakistani commander will have to move forward and with all his strength, and this will give him an opportunity to deal with him once and for all.

0245 HRS, Approximately 2 KM West of Village of Bhuttelwala.

Colonel Surya has secured both the bridges and Lt. Khan’s tanks and BMPs have secured the other side of the canal. They were still taking fire but the intensity of battle has come down quite a lot.

Brigadier Sher Singh and Brigadier Faulad were discussing whether to follow fleeing Pakistani Units with General Parakram. General quickly reiterated that they were not to cross border but both Brigadiers were hell bent on giving the attackers a real bloody nose. The brigadier Faulad has an idea, “ We have several units that are currently trying to outflank them. What if we use them to encircle them before they cross the border?”

General asked, “How may of our units against theirs?”
Brigadier Faulad said, “ We have 10 BMPs trying to outflank from left, 10 BMPs trying to outflank from right and 14 t-90’s and 14 BMP’s that were in reserve and across the canal right now. Rest of the units on this side of the canal are about 30 BMP’s and T-90’s”
“What’s the strength of Pakistani units?” asked general Prakaram
“ From what we can make out they have about 20 tanks and Armored carriers left. And they have quite a few infantry units moving on the trucks.”

General Parakram looked at the UAV feed and said, “I can still see Pakistani movement across the border moving towards Sarkari tala, from the looks of it, it’s an infantry division. They have not crossed the border yet, but if they decide to then they it is entirely possible that your advance team may have to face them.”

Brigadier Sher Singh smiled wryly and said, “Then we shouldn’t wait for them to cross the border and reach Sarkari Tala, should we.”

Both General Parakram and Brigadier Faulad chuckled, and the fate of Pakistani 26 Mechanized and 14 Infantry was sealed.

0250 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh

Lt. Dagar was commanding the unit 20 that has been ordered by Cololnel Raza to move forward. The moment he heard the order he knew his fate was sealed. Two tank moving forward in an unknown mined terrain. If mines won’t kill them enemy fire will kill them for sure.

The tank was moving forward slowly in a zig zag fasion. It was a dark night but burning minesweepers were providing enough light to be able to see sand dunes in foreground without night vision goggles. Unit 25 was making its way about 50 meters from his position, which was commanded by his friend Lt. Ansari.

Lt. Dagar called on the radio, “ Dagar to Ansari. How is the search coming along?”

Ansari replied, “Bloody hell, I didn’t come in Armored to be moving like a coward in dark. I wish colonel will just let me empty my guns at these ba**** and ..”

Just before Ansari could finish his sentence an explosion cut his sentence short. His tank has rolled on a mine and the explosion rocked the heavy tank. Ansari’s tank stopped dead in its tracks. Smoke filled the cabin, but luckily no one was hurt. Ansari shouted on the radio, “Colonel we have just hit a mine. Looks like we are not going anywhere.’

Brigadier Parijaat saw the explosion and he knew this was his chance, “ Zebra 12 commence fire and move.. NOW!”

Lt. Dagar heard the explosion and so much wanted to look at his friends tank, but he couldn’t as he was too busy looking forward and giving directions to the driver. On the horizon he saw a flash and missed a heart beat. He knew what it was, he shouted to drive, 90 degree turn towards left…”

Before the drive could execute the turn, Naag anti tank missile has covered the 500 meter or so distance in another hearbeat. It struck the tank at its weakest spot, and the explosion blew the turret. Lt. Dagar’s body was blown out in pieces. Drive and ammunition loader were burned beyond recognition.

Right at that moment Lt General Mohammad radioed Coloenl Raza ““ Raza, I have just heard the news that Indian Armour is getting ready to move across the canal. You got 30 minutes to punch through at kishangarh, other wise you may be outflanked.”
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Formations Recap

By vshar99 at 2009-05-26
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Its nearing weekend. Can we have something for the weekend.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0255 HRS, Village of Khinyan, Mobile command center of 12th corps

Colonel Abhi was talking to General Parakaram and finalizing the plan of what was to come in next few minutes. Genreal Prakaram finally said, “Ok Abhi, so as we have discussed you will coordinate the firing of all of our artillery positions. I will tell artillery detachments from 11 and 12 division to coordinate with you. You got 15 minutes and I want to hear shells falling within that time!”

Colonel Abhi replied, “You got it sir!”

0256 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh

Colonel Raza was still fuming at the news of Indian Armour crossing the canal. He golden chance to annihilate a whole Enemy division was vanishing fast. If he had time he may have succeeded, but now with the fear of being outflanked by Indian 4 Armd Bde and 340 Mech Bde. He had to take some action real fast.

So in the true tradition of Pakistani Army, whole sole objective is to fight against one enemy only, he ordered all his tanks to move forward and keep moving till they die or overrun Indian defense lines.

0257 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh

Brigadier Parijaat watched in awe as all of the Paki t-80’s lurched out of their hiding spots and started firing at the Indian positions where the fire came from a few moments ago.

Brigadier Parijaat switched to division wide frequency, “Guys, our objective right now is to stop these tanks, we don’t have to destroy them completely, just make sure they can not move, so make sure you destroy the tracks. All units are advised to hold fire till enemy tanks are within sure shot kill range. Good luck”

0300 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh

Lt. Qureshi was leading the charge on Indian Defense lines. The strategy was to follow the lead tank and if it hits a mine, keep moving on a different path. Lt. Qureshi was all charged up with the bravado of dealing with his country’s arch nemesis. All the tanks have discharged their guns when they have come out of hiding and right now they were moving at top speed on the road towards Jaislemer.

Lt. Qureshi was constantly looking through his night vision scope to spot any enemy fortification or troop movement to fire on, when all of sudden he spotted an infrared signature on the ground.

0301 HRS, On the Pakistani side of Border, Pakistan’s 35 Infantry Command Unit

Colonel Ahmed was cursing the ride on his comfortable APC. For last three hours they had traveled through trails of dirt and rocks. Several of vehicles have broken down and with each passing KM the strength of 35 Infantry was decreasing due to soldiers being left behind in broken vehicles.

He could see the orange glow of the fire towards southeast and was listening to corps wide frequency. Things were working as planned; their forces were pulling out of bhuttewala and Indian armored units were getting ready to follow them.

Deep in his heart Colonel Ahmed knew that his units will not have to fight at Sarkari Tala as they will be recalled to help the withdrawing elements of 26 Mech and 14 Inf.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0301 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh,
Advancing Column of PN 25 Mech

Lt. Qureshi was constantly looking through his night vision scope to spot any enemy fortification or troop movement to fire on, when all of sudden he spotted an infrared signature on the ground, but it turned out to be a small animal. Lt. Qureshi sighed, and they kept moving ahead full speed.

Lt. Qureshi was expecting a lot more resistance as he was pretty sure that they were reaching the secondary defence lines of IN infantry line. When all of sudden he saw another infrared sugnature pop out of the ground. Lt. Qureshi was not taking any chance so he moved the machine gun in the direction of the hear signature, when all of sudden that infrared red signature increased by several magnitudes, which could have meant only one thing. Qureshi let go of the machine gun fire and barked in the mic, “Gunner…”, but before he could finish the order, the tank was rocked by an explosion. Judging by the location of the explosion, Qureshi knew that track has been hit, but he didn’t waste time worrying about that, as the gunner locked in the location and fired.

When the shell hit the target in less then a second, the resulting explosion threw lots of debris and dust in the air and by the time dust setteled a bit, his tank was a sitting duck.

More of less same scenario was repeated across the IN defense lines and by 0335 hours the advance has been effectively halted.

0310 HRS, On the Pakistani side of Border, Pakistan’s 35 Infantry Command Unit

Front line elements of PN 35 Infantry were 1 KM away from the penetration point. Colonel Ahmed was getting ready to get out of the confines of the APC and smell some cold air.

NCO Yusuf with Lt. Tahir was driving the lead vehicle. Lt. Tahir was wireless with other units in the back. None of the vehicles had lights on and all of drivers had been provided with night vision equipment.

Just as NCO Yusuf turned the corner to be in direct view of the international border, he felt certain unease, as if somebody is watching them. Now they were driving parallel to the border, with around 750 meters to the point of insertion.

Just as he opened his mouth to talk to Lt. Tahir, the jeep behind them exploded. Yusuf knew they had been spotted and their orders were to continue regardless of what happens.

Yusuf was lucky but the drivers behind him were not that lucky. The explosions had dual adverse effect on them, those who were not killed in the ensuing artillery bombardment, were certainly temporary blinded by the light of the explosions due to infrared night vision equipment.

On the Indian side Colonel Abhi has been instructed to saturate half a KM worth of area on the border and then keep moving back into the PN area. This way the disabled vehicles will act as a roadblock. Colonel Abhi and General Parakaram had no idea of bonus they will get due to the night vision equipment.

This had effectively broken down the assault of PN 35 Infantry on Sarkari Tala. It will be another hour before Colonel Ahmed will get an order from General Mohammed for a change of plans.

0335 HRS, 2 KMS southwest of Village of Kishangarh

IN 11 infantry was in a very good shape at this time. Almost all the PN tanks have been stopped dead in their tracks. There was still some fighting going on as IN troops have to move from one tank to another to neutralize those PN troops who won’t surrender.

0340 Hours, Advancing elements of IN 4 Armd and 340 Mechanized.

Brigadier Faulad was leading the 14 t-90’s and 14 BMP’s that had crossed the canal at Bhuttelwala and were pursuing the retreating PN 26 Mech and 14 Inf.

General Prakaram has wisely decided not to send in the whole 4 Armd and 340 Mechanized, as he wanted to make sure the defense lines at Bhuttelwala can stand another assault.

The window of opportunity for Brigadier Faulad was really small. His only hope was that 20 BMPs that have been send out earlier to outflank, will catch up with the retreating PN 26 Mech and 14 Inf first.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Ahuja Sir, where are you??? Its been a real long time since you've made a post... And also whatever happened to your book???
Sir please i request something for the independence day weekend...

Sharma Sir,
Great job so far... Keep it going.. waiting for the second front to open up.. and btw... could you please involve the air assets of the army in the upcoming battles...
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

I second that.. Ahuja saab we await for your posts.

Sharma ji .. please donot wait for us to remind you.. please keep the flow coming.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Everything is super fine. If possible, please try to put some surprises too, that makes reading more interesting. In comparison to if it is so predictable what gonna happen. We all know that PA going to be destroyed sooner or later.
But, let them win some small battle if not war if by some angle it is feasible. After all they are too, professional soldiers. Not some new comer.

My 2 cents
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Thanks for the suggestions Guys.

Air force is coming up in next action of theatre.
Surprises...well I did let them come in Indian Territory very easily :!:

Thanks anyways..

Vivek
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Story Recap
Day 1
Chapter 1: Hunted becomes the hunter
- Peshawar under Siege

Day 2
Chapter 2: The Tiger Awakens
- Peshawar falls
Chapter 3: The Tiger Growls
- Indian PM declares TSP airspace blockade
- Task Forces 1-4 get ready to be deployed

Day 3
Chapter 4: The Tiger shows its teeth,
- Indian Ultimatum results in 16 F-16s crashes
- TSP Missiles commit Fratricide

Day 4
- Paki Sub destroyed
- Lt Amit and Lt. Punit on their way to covert operations inside PoK

Day 8
- Attack on Jaiselmer sector by PN XXXI corp begins
- PN Invasion foiled at Kishangah, PN 25 Mech destroyed by IN 11 Inf
- PN Invasion foiled at Bhuttewala, PN 26 Mech and 14 Inf in retreat
- PN 35 infantry stopped at border near Sarkari Tala
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0341 HRS, 1311 HRS White House Situation Room, Washington DC, USA

CIA head Chapman was waiting for the president Obama to come in. Rest of the members of the committee have already come in. Most of the discussion was about the “Skirmish” happening at Indo-Pak border and everybody was expecting that this meeting will be about the situation.

President Obama walked in with the usual confidence and nodded to Chapman. Chapman nodded back and said, “Gentlemen, as you are aware that out satellites had picked up large movement of PN armor a few days ago, our last satellite pass has jut confirmed that a PN has initiated a large scale invasion of Jaiselemer sector. But we are not here to discuss that. The bad news is we have picked up some more disturbing images, for which have already been warned by humanint. Gentlemen, PN has started assembling Nukes.”

The expression on some faces in the room were of “So what? Who gives a damn!”

Chapman looked at the faces and then looked at Obama as if asking his permission to continue. Obama nodded once more and said, “Please continue Mr. Chapman”

Chapman sighed and continued, “ Gentelmen, If last news have sunk in, let me assure you this is not the situation we have gathered to discuss. The worst news is that we have confirmations that PN nuclear facilities are facing largest ever threat and it’s not a conventional threat.

As many of you may know, with a few exceptions, PN chose to locate much of its nuclear weapons infrastructure to the north and west of the country and to the region around Islamabad and Rawalpindi - sites such as Wah, Fatehjang, Golra Sharif, Kahuta, Sihala, Isa Khel Charma, Tarwanah, and Taxila. Today these areas are dominated by Pakistani Taliban militants and home to Al-Qaida. And that’s what the threat is.

We have satellite images of a large Taliban force amassing near Wah and humint has confirmed that their goal is to get their hand on one of the nuclear devices. And I don’t need to remind you that if Taliban and Al-Qaida get their hand on one of the devices, there will be no stopping them to get that device in US inspite of all the measures that we have in place”

As the reality of the situation sank in Obama continued, “Gentlemen this surely qualifies as one of the biggest threat we had ever faced. We need to decide today are we going to nip this bud, or take our chances with wishful thinking.”
Last edited by vivek.sharma on 13 Aug 2009 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

0342 HRS, Somewhere near New Delhi, NSC Office

PM Shastri, Defense Minister Singh were sitting along with chiefs of Army, Air force and Navy in a room choke full of monitors. PM and other ministers were informed around 12:25 of the attack on Bhuttewala. But they were not here to discuss that situation as Army Chief Vijay has told them that situation was manageable, as PN forces were going against dug-in IN 12 corp, and as 12 corp is one of the defense corps and their sole purpose is to hold ground.

The situation they were here to discuss was the latest satellite imagery, which was showing that PN was assembling nukes.

PM Shastri began, “As you already know, PN forces have invaded the Jaislemer sector. Till today we were trying to resolve the matter amicably by using non-violent means. But it looks they only understand the language of force. We also have the news that PN is assembling nukes. So the situation is either we sit on our hands, rollback our forces OR take it to the next step. If we decide to take next step then we must first take care of these Nukes.”

Foreign Minister JP Yadav seemed a bit uncomfortable as he seemed to digest the news. PM Shastri asked, “Yadav, what’ on your mind?”

Yadav said, “Shastri Ji, I don’t know much about bombs and missiles, but haven’t we made their delivery systems ineffective using our new tool. What exactly is the danger here?”

Before Army Chief Vijay could say anything DRDO chief Tyagrajan chimed, “Sir, It won’t take PN long to figure out the way to find the blind spots in our new tools coverage. It is almost impossible to sanitize the PN air space 100 %. It is entirely possible that may have found one and are planning to use it to nuke us.”

Army Chief Vijay continued Tyagrajan’s point, “Sir, Tyagrajan has said it most effectively. It will take at least 72 hours to assemble a nuke. So it is entirely possible that if we don’t take action we will be left to deal with PN nuke. In addition we have already tested ways to use the blind spots in out new tools.”

Defense Minister Singh asked, “Marut, for everybody’s understanding here, please elaborate how this tool is being used with our other resources to provide monitoring or ground and airspace adjoining our borders.”

Chief of AirForce Marut said, “Sure sir, we currently have 15 AWACS in air, with 2 in reserve. These AWACS provide us real time tracking of PN assets moving across the border. We have made sure that the blind spots of tools are being monitored by at least two AWACS each to make sure nothing slips out. But all these tools are effective only for slow moving assets and by slow I mean anything moving slower then a Fighter jet. What that leaves out is missiles of all sorts. And that’s where one theatre of the threat is. I think RAW chief Ahuja can explain the other theatre of threat.”

RAW Chief Ahuja moved so slowly in his chair as he was still lost in thoughts and started speaking without any pleasantries, “Sir, the latest intelligence that we have is that ISI is coordinating with its Taliban resources to have a few component of the nukes stolen, which will be used to detonate here in India or any of the foreign targets.”

Defense Minister Singh looked at Army Chief Vijay and asked, “I’ve heard that the security at PN installation is quite tight. What do you purpose?”

Army Vijay replied, “Pakistan has established a robust set of measures to assure the security of its nuclear weapons. These have been based on copying US practices, procedures and technologies, and comprise: a) physical security; b) personnel reliability programs; c) technical and procedural safeguards; and d) deception and secrecy.

In terms of physical security, Pakistan operates a layered concept of concentric tiers of armed forces personnel to guard nuclear weapons facilities, the use of physical barriers and intrusion detectors to secure nuclear weapons facilities, the physical separation of warhead cores from their detonation components, and the storage of the components in protected underground sites.

With respect to personnel reliability, Pakistan Army conducts a tight selection process drawing almost exclusively on officers from Punjab Province who are considered to have fewer links with religious extremism, now increasingly a questionable premise, or with the Pashtun areas of Pakistan from which groups such as the Pakistani Taliban mainly garner their support.

Pakistan operates an analog to the US Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) that screens individuals for Islamist sympathies, personality problems, drug use, inappropriate external affiliations, and sexual deviancy.”

Army Chief Vijay looked at everyone to make sure the information has sunk in for what he was going to propose was ludicrous to say the least and then he continued, “In essence sir, a ground attack by commando force is not likely to succeed in a short time. Only thing I can think of; that will succeed is a tactical nuclear strike. And not just any tactical nuclear strike, we need to make sure their underground structures are destroyed and that will required first digging up the ground, so I suggest some bunker buster first to open up the ground and then a ground level tactical nuclear strike!”

The sound of silence was deafening! Only sound in the room was the hum of computers. Everybody was flabbergasted at the suggestion.

PM Shastri took the cue and said, “Vijay, what’s the guarantee that we will be able to hit all of their locations?”

Army Chief Vijay replied, “Sir, simply put we don’t have enough bunker busters and tactical nukes to disable all of their facilities at one go.”

What PM Shastri said next made everybody thought he has gone senile. PM Shastri said, “Vijay, what if we can get enough resources to take out all of their location simultaneously!”

Vijay replied rather wryly, “Sir, with all due respect! If we can do that then I can guarantee that we will have one less nuclear adversary to worry about. Ahuja, do you agree and do you think we have the list of all probable locations.”

RAW chief Ahuja who was very attentive to the discussion going on replied, “Yes sir, I am sure that we have a complete list of all locations. But where are we going to get the massive amount of resources that we need.”

PM Shastri stood up and said, “Gentlemen, make you plans. I will let you know in 24 hours if we are going to go ahead. And if we don’t, then the Operation Ahimsa will have to be rolled back, we can’t have nukes falling on India, even if that means we are not going to take back Kashmir.”

END of CHAPTER 3: The Tiger Shows Its Teeth

Next Posting. Begin CHAPTER 4: The Tiger Roars
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Ahuja Sir and Shankar sir " bacho ki jan lo ge kya! " Nice job Sharma sir, Keep them comin.

Ankit
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

ahuja saar seems to have vanished from BRF altogether. I hope he is safe behind enemy lines.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Sharma jee bhee gayab ab. :(
Book of Ahuja saar delayed too.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

was just waiing for Viveks scenario to end

with Arihant and Spyder and new security treaty with Maldives -looks like shanakarosky should come back with a quick sharp scenario with IN and IAF acting in concert -
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

Shankarji, you have any communique from Ahujaji, when will he resume? Looks like he’s gone into hibernation.