Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - September 15, 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
James B
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - September 15, 2009

Post by James B »

PML-N moves privileged motion in NA
Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) has moved a privileged motion in the National Assembly (NA) against the statement of President Asif Ali Zardari on giving the safe passage to the former president Pervez Musharraf.

The motion, signed by 91 MNAs, has been brought by Hanif Abbasi, Dr. Tariq Fazal and Anjum Aqeel, the NA Members of PML-N.

It may be recalled that opposition leader in NA, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan had announced to move a motion against President Zardari the previous day and demanded Zardari to present all the aspects of the deal – regarding Pervez Musharraf – in front of the nation and Parliament.
Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... ndad-ss-06

Pakistan can beat any team, says Miandad
Javed Miandad said Monday Pakistan is blessed with the best bowling attack in the world.
Why is Pakistan "blessed" with everything? :cry:
Why cant kufrs be blessed?

Are racket-mards so special that they need not make anything or do anything. Everything is blessed. :((
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Not expecting breakthrough in meeting with Krishna: Qureshi

Paki FM throws the towel in already.
"Frankly speaking, I am not expecting any major breakthrough (you shouldn't expect for being a Paki) – during the meeting with Krishna on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York – India's mindset is evident. I am not too optimistic and I do not think any major breakthrough is possible," he said
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Somersaults.

The brave commando said he 'didn't care about the US' and emphatically said that the 'US Funds were diverted to strengthen defences against India'. Suddenly, he sings a new tune now. He now says no such thing was discussed in the interview at all
In a statement issued in Philadelphia, Musharraf said the issue highlighted by some Indian leaders and media was not even raised in the interview, . . .“No question was asked regarding US funds for fighting the militants in this interview or at any other time. I have never said Pakistan violated any agreement,"
Zardari said that Musharraf left under a deal involving international and local stakeholders of Pakistan {really shameless and pathetic that the President of a nation should call such a need for blatant interference in a nuclear-weapon state as deals with foreign stakeholders and even be proud of that}. Now, suddenly, PPP denies all that
“In the chat with journalists (during the ‘iftar’), there was no mention of negotiations with so-called national or international guarantors to give immunity to Musharraf subsequent to his exit,” Mr. Babar said.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Rs207bn power project awarded (to tarrel than ocean, deepel than mountains fliend) without bids
In violation of the government’s policy and without going through an open bidding process in mega projects, the government first signed an MoU and then issued a Letter of Interest (LoI) for Rs207 billion ($2.5 billion) 1,050 MW Kohala hydropower project to a Chinese company, it is learnt.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Zardari on Sino-Pak relationship
He said the two countries would continue to cooperate for promotion of global and regional peace {an euphemism for nuke proliferation}, advancement in the science and technology and improvement in the living standards of the people.

To a question about Pakistan’s stance over law and order situation in Xinjiang province, he said the government of Pakistan fully supported the Chinese government’s efforts to maintain social stability, peace and ethnic harmony not only in Xinjiang, but across the China. Pakistan fully supported China’s policy of social harmony and development, he said. “We also believe that with the unprecedented economic development in China all ethnic groups would stand to gain,” he added.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Ex-Indian citizen's Pak citizenship record burnt in mysterious fire in the Secretariat
The Senate Committee on Interior was on Tuesday informed that a file containing the record of the grant of citizenship to an accused in a drug trafficking case was burnt during a fire in the Shaheed-e-Millat Secretariat in 2002. Interior Ministry officials told the committee that Syed Sarwat Hussain, a former Indian national accused of smuggling drugs to Saudi Arabia, was granted the Pakistani citizenship in 1991, after complete security clearance.
Questions
  • How did a drug trafficker escape beheading in KSA ?
  • Why should Pakistan take extraordinary interest in such an accused person ?
  • Why did Pakistan grant citizenship for a drug trafficker ?
  • Did the mysterious fire burn only this guy's records ?
  • Why has this case surfaced now ?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Top Taliban commander among 15 captured in Pak
Islamabad, Sep 16 (PTI) A top Taliban commander in Pakistan's Swat valley, carrying a reward of Rs 10 million on his head, was injured and captured by troops, who also apprehended 14 other militants in the restive northwest, the military said today.

Militant commander Sher Muhammad Qasab, an aide of Maulana Fazlullah - the Taliban chief in Swat, was captured after being injured in an operation by security forces, the military said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Zardari, PML-N at loggerheads over Mush 'safe exit'
I thought he was called 'mush' only on BR.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

TSPA herrows are doing what they do best.
Witness to violence in Swat valley
Local phone lines were not working due to the army operation, therefore I sent my youngest brother back to the village. He came back a few days later with the news I was dreading - my family had been massacred by the army. I immediately returned home and was told by my neighbours that it happened on 3 July. According to them, on that day, security forces personnel came to the village and went into my home.

They set the house on fire and moments later gunfire was heard from inside the house. My neighbours said they later learned that all my family had been killed.
The bodies lay inside the burned courtyard for two days, after which neighbours quietly went in and buried them there. They later apologized to me and said it was to risky to take them to the nearby graveyard. Soldiers were hiding in bunkers in the nearby mountains and they would fire on anything that moved in the valley. I just burst into tears when I saw my torched home and my family's buried bodies in the courtyard.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The fizzle doesn't matter
It is not my intention to take the acrimonious 'fizzle ya sizzle' debate to the august Pakistani forum. I am concerned with a facetious assumption being made by the author.
There is little doubt that a single 15-20 kT fission weapon dropped on, say, Karachi or Shanghai will kill over a 150,000 people. Thus two bombs dropped on separate localities in Karachi and two over Lahore, (or similarly over Beijing and Shanghai) will conservatively cause half a million fatalities.

Surely, that should be “unacceptable damage” to even a remotely responsible leadership in any modern country. . . . I don’t believe the Chinese would ever take such a risk. The same applies to Pakistan, whose present and past governments, whatever be their other deficiencies, would consider an unprovoked nuclear first strike if the cost is to be the lives of half a million citizens of Karachi and Lahore.

The spectre of jihadi militants taking over Pakistan is often raised as an argument against this logic. It may be argued that such a fanatical leadership may be willing to accept even half a million fatalities as a price for its jihad. Such a possibility cannot be ruled out. But any leadership that finds half a million civilian fatalities “acceptable” is in any case beyond the pale of rationality. It cannot be relied upon to feel deterred by the prospect of even a much larger attack.
While I appreciate what the author is saying about a TN weapon not being enough of a deterrent when a fanatical leadership is willing to let a million citizens die, I do not want anyone to conclude that Pakistan will not launch into a misadventure deterred by the prospects of a huge loss of lives. This applies whether a jihadi group is in control of Pakistan or a supposedly normal group is governing that lawless country. From Jinnah to Ayub to Yahya to ZAB to Zia to BB to NS to Musharraf, everyone had invoked 'Islam in danger', the 'Yahud-Hunud-Nasara conspiracy', and 'jihad fi sabilillah' to incite their masses whenever they chose to attack India. Once the spectre of religion is invoked, especially in an emotionally and religiously unstable-on-the-edge theocratic country like Pakistan, no one would know where it will end. Like the Third Reich, Pakistan intends to use its weapons of mass destruction, not just to deter the enemy. We will make a tremendous error if we assume that only a jihadi outfit at the centre of power in Islamabad will resort to such a barbaric use of nukes. There is absolutely no difference in the way India is viewed at by a jihadi Abdul or a fundamentalist Abdul or a pious Abdul or a liberal Abdul in Pakistan.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

SSridhar wrote:Ex-Indian citizen's Pak citizenship record burnt in mysterious fire in the Secretariat
[*]Why has this case surfaced now ?[/list]
Shravan wrote: Umrah drug case
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Excerpts from the report
Friday, August 07, 2009
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

SSridhar wrote:Ex-Indian citizen's Pak citizenship record burnt in mysterious fire in the Secretariat
[*]Why has this case surfaced now ?[/list]
Interior Ministry officials told the committee that Syed Sarwat Hussain, a former Indian national accused of smuggling drugs to Saudi Arabia, was granted the Pakistani citizenship in 1991, after complete security clearance.
Drug dealer getting security clearance. :rotfl: onlee in Pakistan. :roll:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Shravan, fantastic work. So, the escaped drug trafficker had continued to practise his trade for so many years from Pakistan. Those who helped him escape beheading in KSA must be extremely powerful. It is impossible to escape the chop-chop squares of Ar Riyadh or Jiddah. He was then found to be useful in the badlands of heroin trade, namely Pakistan, and was therefore carted off to Karachi. The narcotic smuglling trade was going smoothly so far for 18 long years. Obviously, he has fallen on bad times recently and has been exposed. His Godfather or Godmother is no longer there to protect him. There will be poetic justice as he is handed over to KSA where fate awaits him after a Friday Dhuhr salah one of these days.

It could also be that Pakistan is now trying to portray this guy as ex-Indian. Every week, Pakistanis are slayed in KSA for drug smuggling and it has always been the claim of our friends that these were not 'real Pakistanis' and the blame was simply being laid at the feet of TSP. It may be a similar attempt to say that a true blue-blooded Pakistani from the Land of the Pure will never deal with narcotics, it is only those corrupted by the kufr Hindus who do all that and they are incorrigible even after kindly being given citizenship in Dar-ul-Islam and nudged ever so gently to lead a pious life onlee.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Musharraf backtracks, denies diverting US aid

Washington, Sep 16 (PTI) Facing flak in Pakistan, former President Pervez Musharraf today backtracked from his statement that the US military aid meant for the war on terror was diverted to bolster defences against India.

In a statement issued in Philadelphia, Musharraf, currently on a lecture tour of the US, said Pakistan "never violated any agreement or mis-utilised US funds."
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

lecture tour? whats he lecturing? "How to be a successful dictator?"
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

... and escape the lamp-post.

IMHO, Roosters (Murga), Criminal warlords and dictators almost never die of old age. They always get their 72 via a lamp-post.
Mushy has certainly beaten the odds. :mrgreen:
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

krishnan wrote:lecture tour? whats he lecturing? "How to be a successful dictator?"
He gives lectures on Terrorism.... :rotfl: You will find the some of them on Youtube.
Sai.U
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai.U »

SSridhar, I think you're misreading it. He didn't escape from KSA punishment because he was never caught smuggling drugs there. The drug smuggling accusations are recent.
Interior Ministry officials told the committee that Syed Sarwat Hussain, a former Indian national accused of smuggling drugs to Saudi Arabia (these accusations are current, not from 1991), was granted the Pakistani citizenship in 1991, after complete security clearance.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

The interview was given to a Geo TV channel, Express News. Surely the video will surface and prove once again that Mushy is a congenital liar.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Al-Qaeda seeking nuclear secrets from Pakistan: Holbrooke (PTI)
"Al-Qaeda is still there in the region, ever dangerous and publicly asking people to attack the US and publicly asking nuclear engineers to give them nuclear secrets from Pakistan," Holbrooke said at a reception hosted by the Congressional Caucus on Afghanistan at the Capitol Hill.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Pakistan causing Afghan insecurity: Study (AFP)
..."It is clear that Pakistan has become the key battleground in Al-Qaeda's efforts to establish a base area to replace the one lost in Afghanistan."
Here's a hint for the think-tanks... Afghanistan shares its borders with how many countries? Why are the miscreants only interested in having a base in Pakistan?

So it took the British only about a decade to come up with this startling conclusion? They must have used teraflop supercomputers, no? I've seen smarter Orangutans in my city's zoo than these so called experts.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Iran warns India on gas pipeline (BBC)
Analysts say the pipeline could contribute to regional security as Iran, Pakistan and India would depend on each other more.
"We went ahead with Pakistan and signed the agreement. But India can still be part of it. But I have told this before also that this time limit is not unlimited," news agency Reuters quoted Mr Nabizedeh as saying.
The Indian government has said the project is feasible, but needs to be financially viable with assured supplies. India has boycotted trilateral meetings since mid-2007, saying it wants to resolve the issues of transit fees and transportation tariffs with its long-standing regional rival Pakistan first.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Zardari calls for truth and reconciliation commission (UPI)
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Sept. 15 (UPI) -- The president of Pakistan says he wants a South African-style truth and reconciliation commission to heal the rifts caused by the country's violent past.

President Asif Ali Zardari says the proposed commission should be headed by Asma Jehangir, the country's respected human rights lawyer, the way Archbishop Desmond Tutu headed South Africa's commission, The Financial Times reported.
"The danger is that this initiative could open old wounds and renew controversies. The net result may strain relations between the military and civilian politicians," one unnamed diplomat told the Times.
Hmm... truth and reconciliation commission? Isn't that called a "Sharia Court" in islamic countries? :mrgreen:
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Christian accused of blasphemy in Pakistan dies in police custody (National Post)
A 25-year-old Pakistani Christian man accused of blasphemy died in jail early today with rights activists saying they suspected he was tortured, according to a report from Agence France-Presse.

About 100 people, mostly youths, attacked a Catholic church in the Sambrial district near the Indian border on Friday after accusing the man, Fanish Masih, of desecrating the Koran, police said.
“Masih, being accused of blasphemy, was put in a separate cell where he committed suicide by using a string,” police superintendent of Sialkot Jail, Farooq Lodhi, told AFP by telephone.
The Punjab minister for minority affairs and human rights, Kamran Michael, said police authorities had not handled the case properly. “I have seen the body and there are signs of torture on it,” the minister, who is a Christian, told AFP.
Pakistan! What a wonderful country. In this modern day haven for religious minorities, even Christians have islamic names. Masih? Really? I need to tell some of my Christian yindoostani friends (Robert, Matthew...) their names are out of fashion these days. :roll:

Anyway, isn't it the job of the poolice to serve justice to the masses? So why this hulla-gulla over speedy and efficient dispensation of humane and usual punishment for alleged blasphemy as prescribed by islamic law?
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

10 more sites in Pakistan may be included in World Heritage List (Xinhua)
The archaeological site of Harappa in east Pakistan's Punjab, Mehrgarh in southwestern Balochistan, the site of Ranigat, Rheman Dheri, Mansehra rock edicts and Shahbaz Garhi rock edicts in North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and some others are likely to have international recognition for their outstanding universal value, said the report.
The highly prized Shish Mahal of Lahore Fort in the Punjab capital, preservation of endangered cultural assets of Gandhara, mapping of cultural heritage in NWFP and Getty Foundation-funded project for Shalamar Garden Master Plan are included in the listed sites.

The list also covers Taxila site situated about 30 km northwest to the capital of Islamabad, influenced by Persians, Greeks and Central Asians and an important Buddhist center of learning from the 5th century BC to the 2nd century AD.
The world Heritage List reflects the wealth and diversity of the earth's cultural and natural heritage, according to the DAWN report.
We are still an Islamic country, damn it! We are Arabs! :rotfl:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Masih is the Arabic word for Messiah
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

A person with a name Masih in Pakjab is almost always a Xtian: a punjabi convert from the so-called "low" castes into Xtian. This was the result of British efforts of prosletyzation in the Punjab. I beleive most of them opted to stay in TSP, and the wisdom of their decision is there for all of us to see.

Even their first names would often be "arabic", and not "english" or "western". Usually names like Rafique, Niaz, Nazir etc. They need to hide their identities in TSP gently. I have encountered Pakjabi Xtians; usually very nice to talk to and very warm, though they seem to carry a little circuspect demeanor (shifty eyes). The level of trauma & persecution in TSP is intense on them, one can feel the effect of that trauma on them. It is a triple burden on them in TSP: Being non-M, being a convert (rather than original faith Hindus) into something that is not M, & being labeled as "low-caste" by a society that proclaims to non-casteist, but is every bit as casteist as it gets.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

surinder wrote: I have encountered Pakjabi Xtians; usually very nice to talk to and very warm, though they seem to carry a little circuspect demeanor (shifty eyes).
Why is that all converts have this behaviour
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

surinder wrote:A person with a name Masih in Pakjab is almost always a Xtian: a punjabi convert from the so-called "low" castes into Xtian. This was the result of British efforts of prosletyzation in the Punjab. I beleive most of them opted to stay in TSP, and the wisdom of their decision is there for all of us to see
Yes they indeed are Christians and we had them protecting our lives in Indian Punjab, they were shadows to a lot of politicians in 1980s :wink:. I have seen them observe Tuesday fasts and their women folk observe "Karva Chauth" hence I guess on our side they better than the wasteland "Ravi de parle kande".
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Acharya wrote:
surinder wrote: I have encountered Pakjabi Xtians; usually very nice to talk to and very warm, though they seem to carry a little circuspect demeanor (shifty eyes).
Why is that all converts have this behaviour
They feel threatened for having revolted in a very blunt manner against the caste and religious hierarchies in Pak-Punjab. However they are Indic to the core and one of the more recklessly courageous people when it comes to loyalty to the nation. Just that on our side they are in a better nation but on the other side they bear the cross.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

There are a bunch of Goanese who left for TSP after 1962 "Operation Vijay". Very anti-Indian when you encounter them in US.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Christians clash with police at Masih funeral

According to the National Commission for Justice and Peace, Masih was accused of throwing a chapter of the Quran down a drain last week in Jatheki village. Muslims in the village near Sialkot responded by burning a church, and Masih was arrested the following day.

About 700 people attended Masih's funeral. Dozens of younger mourners began tossing stones at nearby police, who reacted by beating the protesters with batons and firing tear gas into the crowd, an Associated Press photographer at the scene in Sialkot said.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

krishnan wrote:Masih is the Arabic word for Messiah
Ok.

But my point still is that Christians in Pakistan are afraid to adopt names that may allow their fellow muslim citizens to clearly, instantly and unambiguously identify them as Christians. Masih = Messiah? Ok, which Messiah? Pious fellow paki abdul thinks Masih = Mohammad whereas poor Christian in his heart thinks Masih = Jesus. See the obfuscation? What part of "Fanish Masih" sounds like a Christian name?

In yindoostan, we got random Thomas, Matthew, Paul, Roberts... etc, etc roaming around everywhere and that is exactly how it shoutd be. But in Pakistan, even the minister for minority affairs and human rights, who claims to be a Christian, has the first name of...? Here it is - KAMRAN. What does that mean in Arabic? Christian indeed. :roll:

God forbid, but imagine a yindoostan where a fellow Sikh had to change his name from Gurtej to Gurutejasvi, Harbans to Haribansuri because they no longer felt safe assuming the symbols of their cultural identities. :rotfl: They'd have to be very afraid and driven to the point of paranoia, no?

And that is exactly the state of mind of all minorities in Pakistan. They live in constant fear of pillage, murder and rape! Ah, the fortunes of life in an Islamic Republic.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Harbans to Haribansuri
Harbans to Harivansh.

Remember that Harivansh Purana
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Munna,

I haven't met Punjabi Xtians from India. Can you tell me more about them? Are they also from the so-called "lower" castes?

Rahul,

The funny thing in this world is, that while in India all (Sikhs, Xtians etc.) feel secure and free to practice whatever they want to, and name themselves whatever they want to, the international campaign is such that India is still labeled as "fascist", and anti-non-Hindu etc., while countries like TSP, KSA, PRC are not. That shall remain one of the biggest mysteries & paradoxes of this world. One of the characteristics of Kaliyug is that good are called bad, bad are called good, it seems.

PS: By the way, I met recently a Pakjabi Xtian from peshawar. He could speak, Punjabi, Pushto, and Hindko. I wish I could talk to him more. These guys are genuinely nicer and lack the irritating bluster of Pakjabis of a certain faith. India should seriously think of co-opting them.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

international campaign is such that India is still labeled as "fascist", and anti-non-Hindu etc., while countries like TSP, KSA, PRC are not.

It is the Book, they fear the heathen as their god will be angry with them for not having obliterated the idolator and/or his faith. And it is not good for them to make their totem angry. Perhaps slightly reminescent of some South Pacfic and African tribes' relationship with their totems.

The Hindoo makes mockery of the Abrahmanic god's claim to power.
Last edited by sanjaykumar on 17 Sep 2009 01:43, edited 2 times in total.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Surinder
I haven't met Punjabi Xtians from India. Can you tell me more about them? Are they also from the so-called "lower" castes?
In almost all the village of Gurdaspur, Amritsar district , on an average you have

---- top families ----
20 families of Jats with land.
1-5 families of non-jats with land (Brahmins, Khatris, Ramgarhias, kambohs, Lubana, Rajputs, etc).
-----
--- bottom families ---
20 lower caste families who are non-christians (Sikhs, hindus, etc).
10-20 families of "Hasais" or "Isai" or "Christians" Hasai is a Punjabi word for "Christian". These guys are usually at the very bottom of the village economics and thus become easy lure for the missionaries.
----

Since 20 years ago.. all the bottom families use to work for top families. But the next generation of the bottom families have moved on to the better jobs (due to education in services, armed forces, health care, etc) and they don't work in the fields of top families anymore.

Now only workers that work in the fields of Punjab are from UP and Bihar.

What I use to remember is that in village there is a place for each communities dead. Burial Ground, Cremation ground, etc. It was separated around many divisions. but now it is separated around this

All upper families (hindus sikhs) have one cremation ground.
All non christian lower caste (mostly Chuhras or Chamars) have one cremation ground.
All Christians have a Burial ground.

And they haven't become christian recently.. In city of Batala there used to be only two colleges before 1947.

1. Khalsa College.
2. Baring Union Christian College.

Both still are there. Since 1980s the conversion of economic week towards christians has picked up again. I do know of many many cases where "Hasai" children are raised (as domestic help and adoptation in some cases) by Sikh Hindu Families as their own families cannot feed them., and these children for all purposes do revert back to the faith of their adoptive families.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I do know of many many cases where "Hasai" children are raised (as domestic help and adoptation in some cases) by Sikh Hindu Families as their own families cannot feed them...

That is great.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Batala was the center of Xtian activity in the Punjab.

Troublesome thing is that nowadays the EJ activies have a marked increase in the Punjab, once thought impermeable to Xtian influence. Many Sikhs are being asked to cut hair & change names to "Robert" "Michael" to secure admissions etc. Clarification: All anecdotal evidence only, nothing ankhon dekha.