Indian Naval Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: Indian Naval Discussion

Post by Rahul M »

I sure hope he is sending out RFQs now, preparing 9000 tonnes (I'm generous, so ignoring the rest ! :twisted: ) of mithai would take some time.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Btw.... Issue the RFQ with an option of buying extra 9000 tonnes of mithai ie 9000 + 9000 = 18000 tonnes just in case another Boomer would follow shortly. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

small radar for helicopters ,one of these radars can be found on KA 25,28

http://www.rusarm.ru/cataloque/air_craf ... 03-106.pdf

self homing torpedo,air launched ASW missile,ASW guided bomb,air born bottom mine

http://www.rusarm.ru/cataloque/air_craf ... 26-129.pdf
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

RKPTZ-1E torpedo countermeasure rocket system, sea bottom mine, ASW mine also includes RBU-6000
http://www.rusarm.ru/cataloque/navy/navy_77-80.pdf

difference between RKPTZ-1E torpedo countermeasure rocket system and RBU6000 is launcher,
RKPTZ-1E has got 10 barrels launcher while RBU6000 got 12 barrels launcher of different calibre.

RBU-6000 system launcher picture
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Images/Talwar11.jpg

POZITIV ME radar
http://www.rusarm.ru/cataloque/navy/navy_82-85.pdf
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Vivek K wrote:Nope! In his excitement Admiral Rakesh out of the generosity of his kind heart "promised" to buy mithai equal to the displacement of the Akulas when they joined IN. If he doesn't fulfill his promise he will be reduced to Seaman 3rd class! :rotfl:
This "mithai". Isn't it of a type as special as the ocassion ( I mean the famed afeem laced jalebies)? :D Or am I wrong here?
soutikghosh
BRFite

Post by soutikghosh »

Pics of INS SINDHUVIJAY off Malta

More here: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... ost4439327
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

those are pics are old...atleast a year old.
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

this is Indian naval discussion thread. the skhval is not in IN service nor is it being looked at by IN AFAIK. IOW, wrong thread.
Last edited by Rahul M on 27 Sep 2009 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT post.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

h
is is Indian naval discussion thread. the skhval is not in IN service nor is it being looked at by IN AFAIK. IOW, wrong thread.
-What if it is part of NERPA armament? think
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

what if it is not ? :wink: should we discuss and speculate on every possible and impossible weapon system in this thread ? I think not.
khukri
BRFite

Post by khukri »

Baldev wrote:this is Indian naval discussion thread. the skhval is not in IN service nor is it being looked at by IN AFAIK. IOW, wrong thread.

Oh I think you have the right to discuss it here Shankar, whether it is true or not. There is some evidence that it might be true.

From Deagel.com

In addition to the Russian Navy, the Shkval rocket-assisted torpedo has been sold to India, Iran and Ukraine. In 2008 it was said that Iran may use the Shkval underwater rocket to target the US Navy's aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf. According to some reports they may use small fast boats as launch platforms.

From Kyrgyzstan Daily Digest:
India potential buyer of Kyrgyz torpedoes

According to unofficial information, the Russian intermediary in the
sphere of military-technical collaboration Rosoboroneksport, could
become the buyer of the shares in the Dastan factory. On 23 October of
last year at the opening of the Russian military air base in Kant,
Rosoboroneksport gave Kyrgyzstan a lot of weapons and military property
for special units worth 3m dollars free of charge. At that time a
representation of the state intermediary was opened in Bishkek. It
cannot be ruled out that in the event that Rosoboroneksport obtains the
Dastan packet it will transfer a portion of the shares to the control of
the Tactical Missile Weapons Corporation, which now includes the
developer of the Shkval, GNPP [State Scientific Production Enterprise]
Region. In exchange the state intermediary will obtain stock in
corporations fulfilling a number of export contracts concluded by
Rosoboroneksport.

According to Kommersant information, Rosoboroneksport interest in the
factory may be connected with possible deliveries of the Shkval-E to
India. They plan to arm two project 971 Shchuka-B submarines with these
missile torpedoes. Negotiations for the delivery of these to the Indian
Navy are now in the final stage.
In addition the Shkval-E missile
torpedoes are being offered to foreign buyers in order to arm submarines
and shore batteries for combating underwater targets.
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

Baldev wrote:this is Indian naval discussion thread. the skhval is not in IN service nor is it being looked at by IN AFAIK. IOW, wrong thread.
i just wanted to share the specifications of shkval torpedo with everyone thats all. nothing to do with IN :)
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

DTA-53 on delhi class destroyers

The DTA-53 set of double-tube torpedo tubes is designed for hitting of surface ships and submarines with anti-ship, anti-submarine and universal torpedoes.

http://eng.ktrv.ru/user_img/Image/DTA-53.jpg
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Images/Delhi9.jpg
http://eng.ktrv.ru/user_img/Image/DTA-53-1.jpg

Basic Specifications
Gauge of torpedoes, mm 533

Overall dimensions, mm
length 8,440
width 1,550
height 1,580

Weight of one-tube torpedo launcher, kg
with heating system 2,700
without heating system 2,500

Power consumption for firing from one torpedo tube
0.65 kW - 27 V

Power consumption of heating system of one tube
26 kW - 380 V
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Baldev wrote:
i just wanted to share the specifications of shkval torpedo with everyone thats all. nothing to do with IN :)
then you should use the international naval thread or the newbie thread.

why do you think those threads are there in the first place ? :wink:
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

May I suggest that Adm.Rakesh begins planning the logistics of his mithai order in time for Diawli,as there will be a huge rush for such comestibles coming up soon.I recommend a southern mithai-wallah called "Krishna Sweets" because of their track record ,certificate of commendation from BHEL,displayed in their ad. at several domestic airports in the country,of delivering a few tonnes of "mysurpa" to BHEL in Tiruchi when they celebrated an anniversary not too long ago.I am almost sure that INS Chakra will arrive in time for Navy Day this year,and Adm.Rakesh will be remembered for posterity for his most generous offer of mithai that will make it to the Guinness Book of World Records!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Philip wrote:May I suggest that Adm.Rakesh begins planning the logistics of his mithai order in time for Diawli,as there will be a huge rush for such comestibles coming up soon.I recommend a southern mithai-wallah called "Krishna Sweets" because of their track record ,certificate of commendation from BHEL,displayed in their ad. at several domestic airports in the country,of delivering a few tonnes of "mysurpa" to BHEL in Tiruchi when they celebrated an anniversary not too long ago.I am almost sure that INS Chakra will arrive in time for Navy Day this year,and Adm.Rakesh will be remembered for posterity for his most generous offer of mithai that will make it to the Guinness Book of World Records!
Sugar free too please. Pure ghee?
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Philip wrote:May I suggest that Adm.Rakesh begins planning the logistics of his mithai order in time for Diawli,as there will be a huge rush for such comestibles coming up soon.I recommend a southern mithai-wallah called "Krishna Sweets" because of their track record ,certificate of commendation from BHEL,displayed in their ad. at several domestic airports in the country,of delivering a few tonnes of "mysurpa" to BHEL in Tiruchi when they celebrated an anniversary not too long ago.I am almost sure that INS Chakra will arrive in time for Navy Day this year,and Adm.Rakesh will be remembered for posterity for his most generous offer of mithai that will make it to the Guinness Book of World Records!
Adm Rakesh has taken residence in a country that has no extradition treaty with BR. He flaunts his presence openly by releasing pictures of his decadent parties catered with lobs and gobs of mithai by jasoo mithia-wallah, exotic nauch girls take turns feeding him and his high powered connections the same. BR has issued a interpol red-alert notice to no avail. He has yet to be caught with hands in the mithai jar
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Another 'intentional' leak maybe from the Military leadership.... The article talks about the reporter having access to sensitive pics of China's Varyag's undergoing refit as also the ski-jump installation in one of its airbases. Another info is that a Su-27 family aircraft is likely to operate off the carrier.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4683/picture2gu.jpg
Last edited by Rahul M on 29 Sep 2009 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please do not post large images inline.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

But what I found interesting in that news is the number of submarines they use for training vs active: 31 vs just 11 in active service

WTF? What are they? NIIT for navies?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

If Adm.Rakesh doth renege upon his vow as mithai-bearer of BR,then an international red alert must be sounded and he must suffer too the ignominious fate of Roman Polanski!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

‘Gorshkov selected after visual examination’

:roll:
But it was only after the “equipment was opened up” later for a “detailed examination of hull structures, systems
, cabling, etc” that the Navy found that entire replacements and not repairs were necessary for the carrier.
Last edited by NRao on 29 Sep 2009 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Nikhil T wrote:Another 'intentional' leak maybe from the Military leadership.... The article talks about the reporter having access to sensitive pics of China's Varyag's undergoing refit as also the ski-jump installation in one of its airbases. Another info is that a Su-27 family aircraft is likely to operate off the carrier.

Along with teh $20 Million spent to buy the Varyag, they actually got a huge assist from the naval personnel that they hired from Russia. As the story goes these brains were offered to India - and, of course, India declined. Just like the single crystal blades I guess.
SNaik
BRFite

Post by SNaik »

RSK MiG has announced that on 28-29 September teo of the first batch of MiG-29K/KUB which will be transferred to India in November have carried out test flights from RuN carrier Kuznecov. Although the aircraft were flown by Russian pilots, Indian military representatives were present on Kuznecov. Pennant numbers 941 and 947.

I guess Indian pilots are next :)
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

NRao wrote:
Nikhil T wrote:Another 'intentional' leak maybe from the Military leadership.... The article talks about the reporter having access to sensitive pics of China's Varyag's undergoing refit as also the ski-jump installation in one of its airbases. Another info is that a Su-27 family aircraft is likely to operate off the carrier.

Along with teh $20 Million spent to buy the Varyag, they actually got a huge assist from the naval personnel that they hired from Russia. As the story goes these brains were offered to India - and, of course, India declined. Just like the single crystal blades I guess.
Chinese have thrown a lot of money at it, the man power to maintain and repair the hull and russian personnel they have hired for the better decade. The cost could easily amount to over billion dollar spent on the project. PLAN budget itself is three times higher than naval budget for us.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russia tests Indian fighter jets on board its aircraft carrier

"During the tests on September 28-29, the MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB fighters conducted several take offs and landings on the deck of the [Admiral Kuznetsov] aircraft carrier in the Barents Sea," the company said in a statement."

SNaik , Any Pictures or video of take off/landing will be awesome ?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

John,

Thanks. My bad.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

:eek: INS Mumbai is all sensors and weapons.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^
there's something oddly poetic about an image of a ship in choppy waters.

reply to anurag's query in china mil dhaga.

only this

this is the LUSH patch
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

L&T will bid to build navy's second submarine line

New Delhi: Engineering and construction giant Larsen and Toubro Tuesday said it will bid for the Indian Navy's second line of conventional submarines.

The company had built India's largest shipyards, near Chennai and in Gujarat, which had the capacity to build all types of naval construction, including submarines, L&T chairman and managing director A.M. Naik told reporters here.

"We will be bidding for the navy's second line of conventional submarines," he said.

He pointed out that L&T, along with the Russians, was vying to build Amur-class vessels but the initiative did not take off due to lack of funds.

"Our shipyards in Hazira and Kattupalli have the capability to take up construction of vessels of about 7,000 to 9,000 tonnage and even warships of the size three or four times these vessels," Naik said.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

Rahul M wrote:^^
there's something oddly poetic about an image of a ship in choppy waters.

reply to anurag's query in china mil dhaga.

only this

this is the LUSH patch
I know that a patch cannot be taken so seriously, but the image of the SHar on the LUSH patch seems to indicate a new radome, somewhat similar to that of the RN's SHar F/A2..I can't imagine why on earth is there not a single actual image of an upgraded Sea Harrier released by the IN or HAL, which upgrade them..
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

MiG-29KUB on the Admiral Kusnezov.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

What a glorious sight to see the IN's roundel on the MIG-29K!
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

Kakarat wrote:MiG-29KUB on the Admiral Kusnezov.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/at ... 1254298605
do you have more pics
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

MiG-29 K and KUB tested on the Kuznetsov

Article related to the pics above.
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

on P15A destroyers they are going to employ LW08 2D radar in conjunction with MF-STAR
it would have been better if largest variant of EL/M 2238 3D is fitted replacing LW08

http://www.iai.co.il/sip_storage/files/1/35471.pdf
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

shameekg wrote:MiG-29 K and KUB tested on the Kuznetsov

Article related to the pics above.
no video :?:
Baldev
BRFite

Post by Baldev »

active radars most probably used on CLUB/URAN missiles fired from ships and subs

active radar seeker head-14E
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... LLD6IL-yhA

active radar seeker-35E
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 1H3uwGqIaQ

active radar seeker head-54E
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 31YB1SW_Gg

not sure if one of these seekers also used on BRAHMOS
Last edited by Rahul M on 30 Sep 2009 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need to use url tags. forum SW will automatically create hotlinks for valid urls.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

L&T will bid to build navy's second submarine line.

Engineering and Construction giant Larsen and Toubro Tuesday said it will bid for the Indian Navy's second line of conventional submarines.

The company had built India's largest shipyards, near Chennai and in Gujarat, which had the capacity to build all types of naval construction, including submarines, L&T chairman and managing director A.M. Naik told reporters here.

'We will be bidding for the navy's second line of conventional submarines,' he said.

He pointed out that L&T, along with the Russians, was vying to build Amur-class vessels but the initiative did not take off due to lack of funds.

'Our shipyards in Hazira and Kattupalli have the capability to take up construction of vessels of about 7,000 to 9,000 tonnage and even warships of the size three or four times these vessels,' Naik said.