Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Delivered!!

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
negi
BRF Oldie

Re: Buying Quick Clot Kits For Our Jawans - A Humble Proposal

Post by negi »

RB, GeorgeJ, Rajiv ....great job guys.
You guys are true Bharat-Rakshaks.

\m/---Vidya--Vinamrata-Veerta---\m/
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

negi wrote:RB, GeorgeJ, Rajiv ....great job guys.
Agreed. Great work folks. Thank you.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Fantastic Work chaps. A lot of spadework has been done you guys that will be a template for future such causes.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

God Bless You.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Thanks guys!
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

Awesome work. Kudos.
armenon
BRFite

Post by armenon »

negi wrote:RB, GeorgeJ, Rajiv ....great job guys.
/
Couldn't have said it better. You guys rox..
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

VikB wrote:Awesome work. Kudos.
Great work. Missed the boat this time, but surely would participate next time.
All writing/debate is useless unless like you guys BR actually does something concrete and this is the way for future.
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Great work..!! Finally its done..
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

waiting for the pics ...
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

As per current agreed schedule between Mandeep and IA, handover will be in Delhi on October 3rd. Pictures should be coming after that.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Latest Update from Mandeep:
Handover ceremony is on 7th of October at 12 noon at the Jat Regimental Center, Bareilly U.P. (Note the change in date and venue due to schedule conflicts). Mandeep has asked that if anybody wants to attend the ceremony (All BRFites are invited!), they should contact him ASAP at the following cellphone number: 931-613-5343 (This number is being posted with Mandeep's permission).

Admins, can we have this thread as a sticky again? Thanks.
TIA.
Vivs
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vivs »

Awesome effort by all those involved from developing the idea to the handover! Great gesture!!
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Well done chaps.

Great effort.

Now, how is the JAT Regt distributing this?

To the JAT units or to all units in the IA?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

RayC wrote:Well done chaps.

Great effort.

Now, how is the JAT Regt distributing this?

To the JAT units or to all units in the IA?
Mandeep on behalf of B-R is presenting a check of donations in INR to the JRC Commandant and the JRC is going to use it for purchasing the authorized blood clot kits for the RR units attached to the Jat Regiment.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

God Bless you all!
on a more mundane note could we some photographs of the great occasion?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^ I guess you will have to wait some more - ceremony shifted to after Diwali due to undisclosed reasons from IA side.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Great job guys!! keep up the good work.

Anybody up for donations for other stuff for Jawans

1. NVGs
2. NBC gear/equipment
3. etc.

Mandeep,

Does this makes any sense?
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Raja Bose,
Any updates on the ceremony ? Thanks.
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

SBajwa wrote:Great job guys!! keep up the good work.

Anybody up for donations for other stuff for Jawans

1. NVGs
2. NBC gear/equipment
3. etc.

Mandeep,

Does this makes any sense?
I believe NVG's come under products list that one should not export from USA with out the prior permission of Govt.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^ Also NVGs after Gen2 are considered military grade equipment and AFAIK, are not available for sale and certainly not for export.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Even G1 NVGs will do?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^Gen1 Night Vision Devices are too bulky and inefficient. They rely on amplification of light rather on IR radiation.
Anyways, someone told me that there is no restriction on sale of nvgs>=gen2 in US. But I doubt if it would be legal to export them.
Also, quickclots are a diff matter. I doubt if the IA will accept NVGs as donation.
There are regulations and rules for procurement of military equipment. IA is not some guerrilla rebel force who can accept military equipment like that.
Perhaps with proper procedures it is possible but I am not aware of these technicalities.
And unless someone comes with some knowledge on this issue, this discussion is just OT.
Mandeep
BRFite

Post by Mandeep »

Update on the cheque presentation to the JRC

Fellow BRites the position on the project is that all permissions and approvals having been granted the decks are clear for the presentation of the money so generously raised by the patriots of the BRF for our troops’ welfare. The long delay has arisen because this is a totally new experience for the Jat Regt. They haven’t been offered a donation from outside the Regimental arena and weren’t sure about how to go about it and had in addition to seek permission from higher authorities. The JRC after return from training exercises will be in place by mid-week (29th Oct). I need just some 30 hours to travel to Bareilly, present the cheque and return to base so travelling isn’t a problem.
However there’s a suggestion from the Comdt, JRC to present the cheque at a grand ceremony during the Regiment’s four-yearly Reunion that is to be held from 17th to 21st November 2009. On the face of it that’s an attractive proposal. Everybody from the Regt including all Commanding Officers (COs), most senior and other serving officers, most veteran officers, a lot of retired/pensioned JCOs/Ors, even a few British veterans and their families from the UK and the Colonel of the Regiment (currently the CinC of the tri-service Strategic Forces Command) will be present so our presentation will have a largish audience (not only from all over India but from foreign parts too). The JRC will be at its ceremonial best and the presentation will go through with the Regt’s traditional pomp and splendour.
The timing will suit yours truly too though I hasten to add that my programme will be dictated by the collective wishes of BRF and the donors. I’ve been invited to the Reunion and was going there anyway (my rail tickets are already booked). Making a single trip to combine the Reunion and the presentation makes sense. And then it’s only a matter of a few more days. Where we’ve waited for so long to complete the project a couple of weeks more so as to do the presentation in a more befitting manner and in front of a wider audience would make more sense.
I therefore put it to the donors, would the new (and hopefully the last) programme meet with your approval ? I thought my posting of the project status and the issues involved would help in curbing any unhealthy speculation and take the pressure off my colleagues who have taken an active part in raising the funds and taking this noble endeavour forward.

JAI HIND !
Pragadeesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pragadeesh »

Mandeep wrote:Update on the cheque presentation to the JRC
The timing will suit yours truly too though I hasten to add that my programme will be dictated by the collective wishes of BRF and the donors. I’ve been invited to the Reunion and was going there anyway (my rail tickets are already booked). Making a single trip to combine the Reunion and the presentation makes sense. And then it’s only a matter of a few more days. Where we’ve waited for so long to complete the project a couple of weeks more so as to do the presentation in a more befitting manner and in front of a wider audience would make more sense.
JAI HIND !
Mandeep, you made the right decision. I support you in this one.
To donate money for a cause is not a big thing but the effort and time spent to make such a cause a successful one, is really a laudable deed. My thanks from the deep of my heart to all the people actively involved in this noble cause.
Jai Hind!
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Mandeep.

Present it at their Reunion.

Lot of officers and jawans will be attending.

It will lift their morale that people do care!

I spoke to officers of the Jat Regt and they were surprised and impressed.

I will mention your effort to the officers on 27 Oct at the Fort William where we are having the Infantry Day Celebrations.

A great effort by you all!

Proud of you all.

God Bless you all!

Mandeep,

I am informing Sujan Datta of the Telegraph!
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Mandeep

I have just rung up Sujan.

He will contact you tomorrow!

If possible have a brief written to help him!
Mandeep
BRFite

Post by Mandeep »

Thank you to Pragadeesh and the Brigadier (who's always so kind to me maybe because I'm a fellow Martinian !). We should also think in terms of a future project for the Brigadier's Regiment, the Mahars (most under-rated at one time but they proved themselves innumerable times in battle, definitely a most well-regarded body of men). Yes, the thought that present at the Reunion will be officers and men from all over India for whose morale the presentation will be most uplifting had come to mind.

Sujan rang me up. I'll remain in touch with him. Thanks a lot.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

SBajwa wrote:Even G1 NVGs will do?
Even though the intentions are noble and good, please do not donate such equipment to the IA. The IA has laid down procedures to procure the same and moreover these equipment are classified as of Military Use hence their export/import without prior clearance will get all concerned into serious trouble. I know that such equipment donations (in a limited form) are allowed in US armed forces but IA has different procedures.

Even for donation of actual QuikClot kits, we ran into trouble since the IA will only accept what they purchase thru their own procurement - we cant just buy QC and hand them over to the IA. And their viewpoint is quite logical too - after all what is the guarantee that a medical kit donated by an unknown/unverified civilian is not laced with poison?! Hence, for donations to the IA or other Indian Armed forces it is better to donate money to one of their designated funds or organizations and let them buy their own kit/equipment with that. Another (and more commendable) way is to volunteer to help ex-soldiers, war wounded and war widows by donating your time but this is limited to people who are residing in India.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

@Ray sir, Thanks for informing some of the Jat officers. If you are in touch with them please convey to them that it has been a diverse effort involving 30+ individuals from all over the planet under the umbrella of Bharat-Rakshak.com. Even in these tough economic times ordinary people care and they put their money where their mouth is - this is more than what I can say for the Arundhati Roys and so-called leaders of our country.

@Mandeep, The reunion idea is an excellent one and definitely the best opportunity to handover the donation. Contingent upon the success of this 1st stage, we will be able to move forward with similar such efforts in the near future. Please remember to present the BR materials (letter, memento etc.) during the ceremony (and keep the extra signed one for yourself) - In case you need something more please let me, Rajiv or George know.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

OK...time for some good news :mrgreen: .

Here is Mandeep's email from the Jat Regiment Reunion (17 Nov - 21 Nov, 2009 at JRC Bareilly U.P.):
Success ! Cheque presented in front of a huge audience of thousands of soldiers and ex-servicemen. Your gesture greatly appreciated by all Full report on return to base (21st Nov).

Regards,

Mandeep
Sent from my BlackBerry® on Reliance Mobile, India's No. 1 Network. Go for it!
Mandeep in a later email also wrote that the donation check of Rs.320945.62 was presented to Lt Gen. BS Nagal, CinC, Strategic Forces Command and Colonel of the Jat Regiment. Once he returns home and sends the pics of the ceremony, I will post them here so keep watching this space!
Tejas_SP
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tejas_SP »

feeling impatient to see the pics already!! This endeavor of ours has finally instilled in me a sense of being a stakeholder in our country's future, I was a cynic until now.
I am very grateful for all the people who took time off from their busy lives to accomplish this noble act. Thank you!!
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Great!

Raja Saar..any success with 'remaining amount'?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Can we have a round of applause and a vote of thanks to the contributors?

A listing of them should be a good start.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

@Jagan: Can you change the name of the thread to indicate that 1st round of donation is complete (something like 1st round successful!). I will post pics and then possibly names (only if all those on the donor list agree that their names be made public).

@sunilUpa: That is whats coming next - as soon as I get pics and other proof from Mandeep.

Ofcourse a B-I-G round of applause to all donors who donated so generously for the Jawans' welfare even when the economy was in such dire straits. Actions definitely speak much louder than words or empty jingo-giri. 8)
sunilUpa
BRFite

Re: Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Delivered!!

Post by sunilUpa »

Raja Saar..Great, let me know if you require any help.

It gives me great deal of satisfaction that we could pull this off. Excellent team work. Great work guys.

We should start thinking about setting a new objective, any ideas?
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

I don't know if this is the right thread but yes given the success of this campaign (thanks to RBose,George ,Rajiv et al) , why not set up a BRF yearly fund of sorts to which each of us can pledge a certain amount ? This fund can then be used to sponsor child education programmes being run by credible NGOs , Shankar netralayas etc etc. I know many of us undertake such noble activities but I believe for those who can chip in with funds but for one or the other reason can't/don't go that extra mile a joint effort is desirable after all its a win win for everyone.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Well done folks. A big thank you to your dedication.
sam_kamath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sam_kamath »

sunilUpa wrote:Great!

Raja Saar..any success with 'remaining amount'?
This was a great exercise... makes every Indian proud...
however whats the remaining amount this dude is talking about...

also why round 1 are we still collecting money for round 2?

can the High and Mighty please care to explain...
Tejas_SP
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tejas_SP »

A small clarification please,

Since we started out by collecting money for buying Quick Clots to improve the odds of survival of our Jawans and Officers. Is the Army committed to using the money for the said purpose? Or, will the Army use it for purposes it feels is best use of the money?