Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - September 15, 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - September 15, 2009

Post by Singha »

burn baby burn - as the enron traders said!

burqas might have to be outlawed to guard against this easy suicide belt mode, but that is highly unislamic!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

geo tv

No operation in southern Punjab: Rana Sanaullah
Updated at: 1150 PST, Friday, October 16, 2009

No operation in southern Punjab: Rana Sanaullah LAHORE: Law Minister of Punjab Rana Sanaullah said government will not launch an operation in southern Punjab whereas several suspects have been arrested in different areas of Punjab in connection of Lahore attacks.

Talking to media on the visit of Elite Police Training Academy, Rana Sanaullah said arrests have been made throughout Punjab but exact number will be revealed later due to some reasons. He said there is no writ of any outlawed outfit in southern Punjab therefore; there is no need of launch of operation.

Rana Sanaullah said key evidences have been found about terrorists involved in Lahore attacks and sensitive agencies are working on these evidences. He said new security plan has been chalked out for Punjab including Lahore. He refused the reports about establishment of Taliban writ in any village, town and area in southern Punjab.
Raju

Post by Raju »

Returning to the drug trade, General Gul named the brother of President Karzai, Abdul Wali Karzai. “Abdul Wali Karzai is the biggest drug baron of Afghanistan,” he stated bluntly. He added that the drug lords are also involved in arms trafficking, which is “a flourishing trade” in Afghanistan. “But what is most disturbing from my point of view is that the military aircraft, American military aircraft are also being used. You said very rightly that the drug routes are northward through the Central Asia republics and through some of the Russian territory, and then into Europe and beyond. But some of it is going directly. That is by the military aircraft. I have so many times in my interviews said, ‘Please listen to this information, because I am an aware person.’ We have Afghans still in Pakistan, and they sometimes contact and pass on the stories to me. And some of them are very authentic. I can judge that. So they are saying that the American military aircraft are being used for this purpose. So, if that is true, it is very, very disturbing indeed.”
url
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Israeli travel advisory says India under terror threat

October 16th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI

Jerusalem, Oct. 16 (ANI): Israel has issued a new travel advisory asking its citizens to be wary about travelling to India.

The warning issued by the country’s Counter-Terrorism Bureau states that there is a concrete terror threat at places frequented by Israelis, specifically the Chabad houses and synagogues across the country.

According to the Jerusalem Post, the warning comes in the wake of new intelligence received by Israeli officials indicating that a Global Jihad group had teamed up with the Pakistani terror cell responsible for the 2008 Mumbai massacre for a fresh attack.

Read more: http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wor ... z0U5fR7ALO
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Can anyone help me to know if Operation Blue Tulsi is real or just a conspiracy?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Here's the best part:
China, with whom our friendship runs deeper than the Indian Ocean and higher than the Himalayas, has an equally menacing visa regime for the increasingly Muslim Pakistanis.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

anupmisra, the most humiliating of all, IMHO, is that the ummah brothers in the Land of Sand, want the Pakistani embassy to turn over all Saudi applicants details to its foreign ministry which vets their details before allowing the Pakistani embassy to go through with the process of granting them visas. To the Saudi mind, perhaps Plague and Pakistan are synonymous.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

From Anup's post above:
increasingly Muslim Pakistanis.
Don't you folks get it? The One True God is testing the piousness of the recently converted believers.

More Izlam needed to fight this injustice by the Kaffirs!
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

SSridhar wrote:And, it was a woman suicide bomber as death toll mounts to 13
. . . a personnel present at the gate told that a person riding on a motorbike with a woman reached at the gate of the police station. When security official tried to stop the burqa clad woman, she detonated herself.
An interesting development. As far as I can recall all the practitioners of the IEDolgy of Pakistan, particularly of the IED Mubarak variant, have so far been men.

The Jihadi infection now seems to spreading to populations besides the usual young adult male hosts :eek: .
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arun wrote:An interesting development. As far as I can recall all the practitioners of the IEDolgy of Pakistan, particularly of the IED Mubarak variant, have so far been men.

The Jihadi infection now seems to spreading to populations besides the usual young adult male hosts :eek: .
Now, that puts the Pakistani state under a different and unexpected sort of pressure. They will no longer be able to say whether the perpetrators were momin or kufr. :lol:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Sridhar,

:rotfl: There goes the uncircumscribed mijjile test.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

arun wrote:Sridhar,

:rotfl: There goes the uncircumscribed mijjile test.
AoA, very interesting dilemma..

Wonder how the Pakis can now distinguish between Kufr and faith-fool miscreants?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

sum wrote:Wonder how the Pakis can now distinguish between Kufr and faith-fool miscreants?
I tell ya, this is yindoo-Yehudi-Yankee conspiracy onlee.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

geo tv. could be FC deserters trying to melt away until the heat is off.

38 arrested in Karachi, walky talky recovered
Updated at: 1602 PST, Friday, October 16, 2009

KARACHI: Thirty-eight offenders have been arrested and FC uniforms and walky talky recovered during a raid of police in Sharafi goth area of Karachi.

According to SP Landhi Haider Sultan, most of the arrested offenders belonged to NWFP.FC uniforms and walky talky also recovered from their possessions, he added.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

. An interesting development. As far as I can recall all the practitioners of the IEDolgy of Pakistan, particularly of the IED Mubarak variant, have so far been men.

Another change that I notice is, that the talibunnies are now targetting military/police installations, as opposed to abdul doing mango shopping. If true, this is a significant shift in IEDology.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Was it really a woeman bomber ?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The terrorists also raised false alarms to divert attention
Several false alarms were raised ahead of the terrorist attacks on law-enforcement facilities in Lahore on Thursday, in an apparent bid to divert the attention of police and clear the way for the attackers. People suspected of collaborating with terrorists tried to divert the attention of police. According to sources in the Police Department, a man called Rescue 15 police 15 minutes before the FIA attack, and claimed that bomb attack shad been launched at Qartaba Chowk. Five minutes later, Rescue 15 police received another call from an unidentified person, who claimed another attack had been launched near the Civil Lines Police Station. The attack on the FIA building began as police were engaged in operations prompted by the false alarms.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:People suspected of collaborating with terrorists tried to divert the attention of police.
As quoted by one of my generation's most venerable bards, Pink Floyd, "The lunatic is in the hall (of power)".
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Hakimullah, 31, said in comments released on a video this week his fighters would stop their attacks and would go to fight India if the government stopped following U.S. orders. Q+A - What are the Pakistani Taliban trying to do?
I feel the TSP Army will definitely use the LETs (right now it is the only outfit still under its effective control) to roil things up here. They anyways cant start an Op in S.waziristan immediately and will need all the time they need to come up with an effective stategy+resources for it. Even then they will be in the middle of winter by then and will need to post pone it till spring. basically their hands are tied up till Jan w.r.t S.waziristan IMHO.

In the mean time their best bet to take off the heat of TTP will be through hostilities with india. Because TTP will cease attacking them immediately in case of any heat on the indian border (for TTP we are the Kufr compared to Napak army which is just a potential munafiq at max :x )

cant shake off a bad feeling that the pigLETs are upto something on diwali here.

My only hope is that our security establishment also has this bad feeling and they do something effective about it.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

IMO any attack on mainland India by the pigLeTs will be a declaration of war against India forcing GOI to retaliate because of public sentiment.
That's is why we are seeing this hesiation from pigLeTs/ISI/PA over the last 11 months or so in attacking India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

arun wrote: An interesting development. As far as I can recall all the practitioners of the IEDolgy of Pakistan, particularly of the IED Mubarak variant, have so far been men.

nope ! there have been at least one female suicide bomber in TSP previously, in karachi if my memory serves right.

reason I remember is there were no other casualties and BENIS mullahs derided the event as a 'suicide' rather than a 'suicide bombing'.

added later : found it. it was peshawar, not karachi.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_pakistan
In December 2007, what was believed to be the country's first female bomber blew herself up near a Christian school while apparently aiming for a military post in Peshawar. There were no other casualties.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Dipanker wrote:IMO any attack on mainland India by the pigLeTs will be a declaration of war against India forcing GOI to retaliate because of public sentiment.
That's is why we are seeing this hesiation from pigLeTs/ISI/PA over the last 11 months or so in attacking India.

dipanker , suppose they do a job akin to the 2006 mumbai blasts on aam admi (with tiffin boxes and cookers) then we have to point to the PigLeTs with nothing but a gut feeling .

later if people force GOI to reply with a few Bhramos fired off at murdike, there is a real danger of Pak Army getting out of this mess (of internecine war with jihadis) for good. If we are further unlucky then we wont be backed on that action by the west. (they only cared for mumbai siege 08 as they also involved attacks on westerners and jews, they wont give a dime to attacks on indian aam admi )

So IMHO i still feel an incognito attack on indian aam admi is imminent which can rile us up sufficiently to heat up the border but not giving sufficient chance to finger point directly.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Lilo wrote:So IMHO i still feel an incognito attack on indian aam admi is imminent which can rile us up sufficiently to heat up the border but not giving sufficient chance to finger point directly.
Based on what happened post Mumbai, it's unlikely that an attack on the aam admi would cause any such thing. They'd have to go after Parliament or some INC politician to get a reflexive rise that heats up the border.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Lilo wrote: So IMHO i still feel an incognito attack on indian aam admi is imminent which can rile us up sufficiently to heat up the border but not giving sufficient chance to finger point directly.
'incognito' is just a matter of perception. Any attack on aam aadmi at this point will be seen as coming from Paki filth.
Well even the Embassy attack hasn't thrown up any strong linkages that are publicly known, but the whole world knows that it is the work of Paki filth.
The big question is whether what GoI deems to be an appropriate response.
Will it be military response or another dossier charade.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Militants flown in to negotiate with GHQ attackers

Some key leaders of several jehadi and sectarian organisations, including a jailed militant, were flown from Lahore, Bahawalpur and Rahim Yar Khan to the garrison town of Rawalpindi on special flights to hold talks with the hostage takers who had stormed the GHQ building on October 10, 2009..... Special planes were subsequently dispatched to Lahore, Bahawalpur and Rahim Yar Khan to bring to Rawalpindi Malik Ishaq, a jailed leader of the Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, Mufti Abdul Rauf, the younger brother of Maulana Masood Azhar who is the acting Ameer of the Jaish-e-Mohammad, and Maulana Mohammad Ahmed Ludhianvi, the chief of the Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, to hold talks with the hostage takers.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

The goal of Paki filth is a war with India that would result in stalemate. The perception of Pakis is that there is some semblance of balance with India on war fighting front. They have come to realize that as a nation, India is breaking away and after some years, it will be extremely difficult.

Per me, the Pakis plan to achieve the following with a stalemate war
- As any self respecting Paki declare victory after stalemate
- Make a severe dent on Indian morale after these economic Euphoria years
- Communicate to Indian Kashmiri nutcases that all is not lost. The Kashmiri clowns are increasingly realizing that they are missing out on the Indian boom
- Slow the Indian economic march

For this to happen, they have to launch a more savage attack than 26/11.
I believe it will be either
- a temple town (e.g. Tirupati, Rameshawaram, Kashi )
- a Dam
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

milindc wrote: For this to happen, they have to launch a more savage attack than 26/11.
I believe it will be either
- a temple town (e.g. Tirupati, Rameshawaram, Kashi )
- a Dam
Such an attack cannot occur without local support modules. If you dry up local support the attack plans will fail.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

vera_k wrote: Based on what happened post Mumbai, it's unlikely that an attack on the aam admi would cause any such thing. They'd have to go after Parliament or some INC politician to get a reflexive rise that heats up the border.
Yes that may be the case - i cant even remember what was the response of GoI post Mumbai 2006. Actually the loss of 200 lives then is now merely a statistic :x & Pakis were made to pay zilch for it
milindc wrote: 'incognito' is just a matter of perception. Any attack on aam aadmi at this point will be seen as coming from Paki filth.
Well even the Embassy attack hasn't thrown up any strong linkages that are publicly known, but the whole world knows that it is the work of Paki filth.
The big question is whether what GoI deems to be an appropriate response.
Will it be military response or another dossier charade.
Well that perception will be ours solely in such a case.
the west wont care and BBC,Guardian et al may even blabber on "home grown terrorism" , "simi" , "plight of muslims" etc. That will be the line parroted by the paki govt and its press anyway.

Later even if the GOI attacks murdike it will not result in anything tangible for us. It will calm the aam admi here and unite jihadis there.

That may even result in a political fiasco for us in international arena .

The NaPak army will be the winner (its H&D may be a bit tarnished but it will save its ass and live to make it up on another day) and the scores dead indians will be the loosers.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Dipanker wrote:IMO any attack on mainland India by the pigLeTs will be a declaration of war against India forcing GOI to retaliate because of public sentiment.
Pffftt! :rotfl:

Yeah that must be it...
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Remember what one of their leaders (ISI wala?) said after Mumbai, something like "Indians are very shrewd, they won't go to war with us".
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Rocket attack kills Pakistan soldiers: officials

(AFP) – 3 hours ago

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Suspected Taliban militants launched a rocket attack killing three Pakistani soldiers and wounding four at a military camp in a remote tribal area on Friday, officials said.

Militants targeted Landi Noor army camp in Shakai area of South Waziristan, a Taliban and Al-Qaeda stronghold near the Afghan border where the military is said to be planning a ground offensive to flush out militants.
Before dawn, a Pakistan drone crashed near Jandola town in South Waziristan.

"The crash was caused by a technical fault and no hostile fire was involved," a senior official said.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Now on a more serious note - with the news painting a picture of what appears to be all-out war between the Taliban and the Paki gov't, I still have to ask, is this for real?

Seriously, I'm still having a really hard time buying all this. I see footage of Pakistani soldiers walking around, tank shooting sporadically at distant unseen targets, artillery firing rounds, etc. I hear about all this alleged fighting but get the distinct impression they're basically faking it.

Months before they enter an area, the PA announces they're coming to ensure all the Talibs leave the area. Then the army goes in very slowly, shooting off ordnance at unseen targets in a lazy, randomn manner. They never seem to get into any real gunbattles, there's never any verification of militants or soldiers killed... the whole thing just looks like a staged event for the cameras.

The only conflict that seems to be "real" is the never-ending struggle between Pakistani local police and hardcore Islamists. It does indeed appear the cops do not like Islamists and the feeling is mutual. But the Pakistani military and ISI still haven't proved they're serious about fighting the Taliban, Al-Queda, or any other Islamist groups. I have a feeling Pakistani cops are for all practical purposes fighting this battle alone, and I don't think the Paki army and ISI have any problem letting their Islamists proxies kill policemen, despite those police being fellow Pakistanis.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Y. Kanan wrote:Now on a more serious note - with the news painting a picture of what appears to be all-out war between the Taliban and the Paki gov't, I still have to ask, is this for real?

Seriously, I'm still having a really hard time buying all this. I see footage of Pakistani soldiers walking around, tank shooting sporadically at distant unseen targets, artillery firing rounds, etc. I hear about all this alleged fighting but get the distinct impression they're basically faking it.

Months before they enter an area, the PA announces they're coming to ensure all the Talibs leave the area. Then the army goes in very slowly, shooting off ordnance at unseen targets in a lazy, randomn manner. They never seem to get into any real gunbattles, there's never any verification of militants or soldiers killed... the whole thing just looks like a staged event for the cameras.

The only conflict that seems to be "real" is the never-ending struggle between Pakistani local police and hardcore Islamists. It does indeed appear the cops do not like Islamists and the feeling is mutual. But the Pakistani military and ISI still haven't proved they're serious about fighting the Taliban, Al-Queda, or any other Islamist groups. I have a feeling Pakistani cops are for all practical purposes fighting this battle alone, and I don't think the Paki army and ISI have any problem letting their Islamists proxies kill policemen, despite those police being fellow Pakistanis.
Here's what I think: it is real and it isn't. The reason for the dichotomy is that the Paki army has developed a split personality due to their addiction to American money.

It's real if you take into account the thinking process of these Islamist terrorists: they often carry out attacks as a coercive tool to achieve specific political aims. In this case, they want to stop the attack on Waziristan from going forward, which they see as being instigated by Americans. The only way they can think of achieving this is to carry out a terrorist attack. They are not wrong in taking this approach because it has worked very well before--the Paki govt. signed any number of peace treaties to essentially leave the tribal areas alone.

It's not real for all the reasons that we on BRF know--the terrorists and the Paki army are one and the same, except for the fact that the latter is being increasingly forced by America to fight its own terrorist brothers.

It is a fascinating study of the descent of the Pak army into a state of madness. We have to think about what effect a genuinely mad Pak army will have on India.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

According to well-informed officials in Islamabad privy to the happenings of the October 10th storming of GHQ by terrorists, wherein 42 staffers had been taken hostage. The terrorists had listed their demands and expressed their desire to hold talks with the Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. The hostage takers had given a list of the jailed militants belonging to several Sunni Deobandi militant and sectarian groups, seeking their release, failing which, it waswarned that the hostages would be killed one after another
So, these were the "sensitive" demands which the ISPR was refusing to divulge on the day of the attack? :-?
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Civilians’ evacuation of SWA starts as army operation soon

WANA: Heavy mass evacuation of civilian people has got underway from parts of South Waziristan Agency (SWA) in order to minimize civilian deaths during likely military operation in the agency, Geo news reported.

The top national leadership has given Pakistan army green signal to launch a massive military operation against militants in SWA during Friday meeting here at PM House.

According to details, the high-level meeting of civil and military leadership, with PM Gilani in chair, has agreed to kick off the massive army offensive against suspected hiding Taliban in the agency.

According to sources, army troops have been deployed between Afghan border and Baitullah Mehsud area meanwhile, curfew for an indefinite period has been imposed in many parts of SWA and massive mass evacuation has kicked off to avert civilian causalities.

Government sources said the military operation in SWA will last for 2 months while Special Support Group (SSG) will complete mass evacuation comprising of 1,20,000 people as late as Sunday night.
AnantD
BRFite

Post by AnantD »

Civilians’ evacuation of SWA starts as army operation soon
I wonder what happens to the Bakri (Goat) if TSPA suffers a vietnam or worse still, a "crushing defeat" at the hands of the Good/Bad taliphan, with mass defections and routs!! :(( :(( :rotfl: :rotfl:
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Heh heh. Video worth watching.

Video is from the Paki parleement today, where phoren minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has just returned from the US.

Qureshi's job is to defend the KL bill, now that he has just been sent back from DC by Kerry and Berman with the gift of that fig leaf, that silly statement that was entered in the congressional record. I am figuring that if printed on a decent thickness laser printer paper, and held in place carefully with both hands, this statement will serve quite well to cover up Qureshi's musharraf as he otherwise stands up exposed in the parleement today.

The guy is going nuts and popping some serious veins while relating his victory in DC:

link
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

AnantD wrote:I wonder what happens to the Bakri (Goat) if TSPA suffers a vietnam or worse still, a "crushing defeat" at the hands of the Good/Bad taliphan, with mass defections and routs!! :(( :(( :rotfl: :rotfl:
No danger of that. As soon as the civilians along with the non-state actors (good taalipaan) and miscreants (bad taalipaan) are out, the army will bomb some houses, do some AK phyrr, RPG phyrr and artillery phyrr into the air and declare victory. Do some more AK phyrr to celebrate the victory. The only ones getting their 72 will be a few sensible local leaders who had expressed any kind of legitimate grievances in the past.

Winter is approaching, things get cold no ? Punjab, Blochistan and Sindh will pass laws against the entry of eye-dee-pees into their states -- you cannot risk any contamination of their RAPEness. Common abduls and kids will be shivering inside the tents. Then the army will take pictures of small kids playing around in the tents, shop it around and ask for baksheesh to aid the eye-dee-pee.

Aid to the *army* did not go to the frontier regions under mushy's rule when he was the president *and* COAS, you can imagine how much the lives of eye-dee-pee will improve.

Swat was dress rehearsal for that. Waziristan will be broadway performance. Good times for the army, civvies and the good/bad taalipaan -- tough luck if you are a common abdul with kids to feed.
Last edited by Anujan on 17 Oct 2009 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Ashraf Javed from Nation is quick to analyze the events and has all inside information and solutions to all the problems.

This is what happen when you cook mutton, mash with karela (bitter melon), make mutton-karela-lassi and drink. Dont miss this
A clear-cut war on Pakistan
Thursday’s coordinated terror attacks on the key security installations in Lahore, Kohat and then in the residential area in Peshawar within hours, clearly indicates that the activists of the defunct religious organisations sponsored by Indian Intelligence Agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and backed by Al-Qaeda :rotfl: , are playing in the hands of anti-Pakistan forces
Pakistan should immediately cut the supply line of NATO forces and summon the US ambassador in Pakistan to explain her position. There are also strong reports that the USA after its failure in Afghanistan is pushing the war inside Pakistan. :shock:
Everybody in the City is terrified. We cannot tolerate such a situation. We, as a nation, can afford all kinds of sanctions, but will not accept the controversial Kerry Lugar Bill. How will we respond to the loss of our innocent Pakistani lived when we refuse to identify our enemies?
Significantly, the terror strikes in Pakistan are increasing following India’s strong warning to China to stop development projects in Azad Kashmir in Pakistan at a time when Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani is in Beijing, seeking defense and economic support in short begging for his terror-hit country.
Thursday’s attacks are similar to those carried out in Mumbai in India last year and on the visiting Sri Lankan cricket team near Liberty market in Lahore. In all these attacks, the terrorists were carrying dry fruits and mineral water bottles along with them. :rotfl:
How did I miss dry fruit eating gunmen when SL team was being attacked? Guys, to identify RAW agents now all pakistanis have stopped eating dry fruits. So anyone with dry fruits is a RAW.

And this is THE proof of RAW involvement. 10 days ago RAW agents attacked world food program to steal all dry fruits in the building. Later they ate these during other attacks across the country.
The recent wave of deadly terror attacks began with a suicidal attack on the building of World Food Programme of the United Nations in Islamabad 10 days ago