Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sum
BRF Oldie

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by sum »

mmasand wrote:The security forces on the BWSL are actually from Force 1.They dont have the right gear bcoz the Mah govt has delayed in issuing tenders for clothing and equipment.These are probably the first pictures of Force 1 on duty.Note the Mah Police logo in the second pic on the guys left arm.
Which is the armored vehicle in which the "Force-1" persons are sitting?
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

sum wrote: Which is the armored vehicle in which the "Force-1" persons are sitting?
Mahindra Marksman
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Rahul Gandhi's security walking on streets in Ranchi.
source: jagran.com
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

WTF.
These are the SPG guys! You can recognize them from the R Day celebrations, where they are deployed to protect the PM.
How can India deploy the SPG to protect Rahul baba, when they are supposed to protect the PM only?

I hate to say this, but sonia mata has gone to newer depths of nepotism here.
1. Robert Vadra is another SPG protectee, and is not frisked at airports
2. Shivraj Patil - the nimcompoop, as Home Minister his only job was to provide the Home ministry 737 so that madam could go on her soujourns all over.
3. Now the SPG protects Rahul Ganghi? What's going on?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

BTW these guys are the outer ring of protection. The inner ring are the ones who wear the bandgalas.
abhishekm
BRFite

Post by abhishekm »

Gagan wrote:WTF.
These are the SPG guys! You can recognize them from the R Day celebrations, where they are deployed to protect the PM.
How can India deploy the SPG to protect Rahul baba, when they are supposed to protect the PM only?

I hate to say this, but sonia mata has gone to newer depths of nepotism here.
1. Robert Vadra is another SPG protectee, and is not frisked at airports
2. Shivraj Patil - the nimcompoop, as Home Minister his only job was to provide the Home ministry 737 so that madam could go on her soujourns all over.
3. Now the SPG protects Rahul Ganghi? What's going on?
The SPG protects the PM and his immediate family, as well as former PMs for a certain period of time (the SPG cover for Deve Gowda and IK Gujral has now been scaled down). Sonia Gandhi is entitled to SPG cover by virtue of being the widow of Rajiv Gandhi. And SPG cover has now been extended to three members of her family (to the best of my knowledge)- Rahul, Priyanka and Robert Vadra. It's perfectly justifiable given the threat perception.

The SPG guys are supposed to function in the role of a "quick reaction team" to counter heavily armed attackers. The other SPG people (the ones in safari suits or regular blazers and pants) have comparitively light weaponry and are used to secure the inner circle. The outermost circle is composed of state police- one of them is in the picture on the right- look at the size of his waist!

BTW the shades on the SPG guys look really cool. Does anyone know what the pouch next to the pistol holsters on their right thigh is meant to contain? I'm sure we have discussed this earlier but why no helmets? They have knee protection pads but not helmets!
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Additional clips for the pistol or the FN F2000? There doesn't seem to be any other pocket for this around. The size of the pocket seems just right.
But since the pocket is part of the assembly that holds the pistol, I would guess that it holds the clips for the pistol only.

BTW this from wikipedia
The SPG cover for Sonia Gandhi & her children lapsed in December 1994, and has been extended for 10 years from the date Rajiv Gandhi was demitted from office as Prime Minister. An increase of about 40% was made in the 1997-98 Union Budget in the allocation for the SPG. The then-incumbent Union Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram, allocated Rs. 75.59 crores (755.9 million) for 1997-98, reflecting pressure on the SPG and expansion of the security cover provided by SPG.
abhishekm
BRFite

Post by abhishekm »

Gagan wrote:Additional clips for the pistol or the FN F2000? There doesn't seem to be any other pocket for this around. The size of the pocket seems just right.
But since the pocket is part of the assembly that holds the pistol, I would guess that it holds the clips for the pistol only.

BTW this from wikipedia
The SPG cover for Sonia Gandhi & her children lapsed in December 1994, and has been extended for 10 years from the date Rajiv Gandhi was demitted from office as Prime Minister. An increase of about 40% was made in the 1997-98 Union Budget in the allocation for the SPG. The then-incumbent Union Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram, allocated Rs. 75.59 crores (755.9 million) for 1997-98, reflecting pressure on the SPG and expansion of the security cover provided by SPG.
True- it's more likely to be additional clips for the pistol. The body armour looks good but wish there was protection for the neck area as well.

I wonder if the SPG have access to grenades of some sort or heavier weaponry. For instance, the US Secret Service has a 4X4 vehicle called the "battle wagon" which has all manner of offensive weaponry (heavy calibre machine guns, grenade launchers, etc.). The battle wagon closely follows the presidential limo. Don't know if the SPG has any equivalent vehicle in the PM's cavalcade. I'm sure it's a necessity...
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

I just don't understand why they have to wear all this stuff outside. Not doubting their abilities, I think they should also look more Savvy. It's just that looks matter at times when they are regarded as the elitist of the elite. In my opinion the knee pads, should be worn INSIDE and should be covered by the pants not shown outside. The same should be done for the vests. Wear a banyan put on the west and then put on the black dress shirt. JMT!!!!
Being in the military, our motto is always if it works DO IT!! They must me damn good at their job of protecting who they are suppose to protect, but I THINK that they should still have that LOOK that says it all. O well to each to it's own :(
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Don't you see any Hindi movies? Subtlety is not the forte of the aam junta in this part of the world. Display of power and intimidation with the wares is part of the game. :D
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

The attire is apparently determined by necessity but what is not clear is why they need to so conspicuous. Other protection agencies also deploy similar counter-assault teams, whose job is to target/eliminate the attacker as opposed to just protecting the subject.

From what I have seen, such teams are mostly not seen in public, for the simple reason that if they can be seen- they can be taken out. Perimiter protection does not seem to be an ideal role for teams like these. For example the Secret service counter assault team is very rarely seen in public gatherings- though they are always present on the scene.

Maybe this is still an evolving concept in the SPG doctrine, we might see a shift in the way these teams are utlilized.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

vijyeta wrote:The attire is apparently determined by necessity but what is not clear is why they need to so conspicuous. Other protection agencies also deploy similar counter-assault teams, whose job is to target/eliminate the attacker as opposed to just protecting the subject.

From what I have seen, such teams are mostly not seen in public, for the simple reason that if they can be seen- they can be taken out. Perimiter protection does not seem to be an ideal role for teams like these. For example the Secret service counter assault team is very rarely seen in public gatherings- though they are always present on the scene.

Maybe this is still an evolving concept in the SPG doctrine, we might see a shift in the way these teams are utlilized.
I, for one, Don't think so... Atleast in the near future... Although the SPG is a professional force, they protect Politicians who like to flaunt their power... And what tells this better than the overt display of fire and man power employed in their protection... That's the reason why NSG is so strung out where every tom dick and harry in politics gets their protection along with state police... So the concept of remaining invisible to public eyes will not come for the next decade or so in their practices...
JMHO...
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

vijyeta wrote:The attire is apparently determined by necessity but what is not clear is why they need to so conspicuous. Other protection agencies also deploy similar counter-assault teams, whose job is to target/eliminate the attacker as opposed to just protecting the subject.

Evolving concept my arse.. (by no means meant to offend you Vijeta, meant for somebody else :))..

This very thread more than 1 year ago..
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnCKzTe6UQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnCKzTe6UQ
Corporate Video by HAL

Nice PR attempt by HAL
Last edited by animesharma on 16 Oct 2009 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

self deleted
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

Gagan wrote:Additional clips for the pistol or the FN F2000? There doesn't seem to be any other pocket for this around. The size of the pocket seems just right.
The size of pocket seems can hold an additional small clip of FN fs2000 as well.
As the picture is of quite low resolution, can't figure out the actual view of the pistol area.

From global security
The Special Protection Group functioned as a security group purely on the strength of an Executive Order for three years without a legislation, from April 1985 through 02 June 1988. The Special Protection Group was constituted and trained specially to provide protection to Rajiv Gandhi as Prime Minister, in view of very high threat to him from several sources. But the organisation created for the proximate security of Shri Rajiv Gandhi as Prime Minister did not contemplate provision of protection to him when he ceased to be the Prime Minister, and faced magnified threats.

After the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi, the SPG Act was amended in 1991 to provide security to former Prime Ministers and their immediate families for a period of five years from the date on which the former Prime Minister ceased to hold office. The SPG cover for Sonia Gandhi and her children lapsed in December 1994, and was been extended for 10 years from the date Rajiv Gandhi demitted office as PM.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Actually the SPG can look less conspicuous also. The guy in the white clothes and Gandhi topi on the left is the boss. You can see by the look of pride in his face and by the way he is standing. The policeman on the right is wearing his BPJ a little low - as a demonstration of how things will look when you wear bulgy things inside ones clothes.

Now tell me folks, doesn't this look better? 30 sec with an image editor

vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Craig Alpert wrote:I just don't understand why they have to wear all this stuff outside. Not doubting their abilities, I think they should also look more Savvy. It's just that looks matter at times when they are regarded as the elitist of the elite. In my opinion the knee pads, should be worn INSIDE and should be covered by the pants not shown outside. The same should be done for the vests. Wear a banyan put on the west and then put on the black dress shirt. JMT!!!!
Being in the military, our motto is always if it works DO IT!! They must me damn good at their job of protecting who they are suppose to protect, but I THINK that they should still have that LOOK that says it all. O well to each to it's own :(
All that is a part of thwarting any attack by intimidation. Not only by looking kickass you make attackers think twice but also you attract fire towards yourself so that the "VIP" can be sneaked out. Thats one reason why they are on outer ring of the security.

PS. i can tell you by experience that wearing kneepad inside the trousers is very uncomfortable. as a matter of fact it is always uncomfortable to have them on anywhere , unless u are in a situation where you have to kneel on hard ground. For the security guards to have kneepads and elbow guards is jut a show.
Instead i think they should be provided with some high class jackets and pants with built in knee pads.

my 2 paisa
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

vdutta wrote:
PS. i can tell you by experience that wearing kneepad inside the trousers is very uncomfortable. as a matter of fact it is always uncomfortable to have them on anywhere , unless u are in a situation where you have to kneel on hard ground. For the security guards to have kneepads and elbow guards is jut a show.
Instead i think they should be provided with some high class jackets and pants with built in knee pads.

my 2 paisa
Agreed that by being more visible, they can attract more fire power onto them as oppose to the "VIP'S." Where I beg to differ is the fact that when an assassin would want to target a VIP he/she will aim for them and not the outer layer. Examples of these include, Benazi Bhotto, and President Kennedy amongst others. However, you are correct, that having them built in makes the best approach. I have never had the opportunity to try elbow, knee pads individually as ours were always built in the uniform. But then again we always had to kneel on hard grounds, unpaved concrete cement and stoney jungle terrains. Never got to feel how the brown sand of Pragati Maidan would be. From my experience, given the Indian terrain, I don't think that knee and elbow pads for security guards are for show. Buildings in India are cement/stone based and hence far more rough than what I have dealt with. With the exception of west ofcourse, Israel and India both tend to have a more harsher terrain hence when we were training with them we really appreciated having our elbow and knee pads, as the walls there have glasses on top to avoid people from climbing them. But I guess to each to their own. I will say it again, that when it comes to proving their skills, they come highly recommned minus the looks!
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Craig

1. who is this we???

2. Discussions need to be moved to an appropriate thread before the Predators come around. No discussions in this thread.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

OFB MPV deployed in WB

Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Surya wrote:Craig

1. who is this we???

2. Discussions need to be moved to an appropriate thread before the Predators come around. No discussions in this thread.
Can't ask me a question and then lock (rhetorically) the thread chief! 1 & 2 contradict one another so I'll Cease and Desist.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Aditya G wrote:OFB MPV deployed in WB

Looks like the stallion truck's body is modified to bring out the MPV ( atleast it seems to be like that to me)... But it looks mean none the less... would sure think twice about running in front of it...
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

this one performs quite well I'm told. I think ray sir once said he has experienced a run over a landmine in one of these. (or was it a different model ?)

p.s. it has nothing to do with the AL stallion AFAIK.
this one is a derivative of the south african casspir. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casspir
soutikghosh
BRFite

Post by soutikghosh »

Found a pic of MARCOS in action.

http://i37.tinypic.com/9gzdp2.jpg

Hope it's not a repost
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Rahulda, the chasis looks similar to the Stallion trucks, which prompted the remark... Of course i could be completely wrong...
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Not to add more discussion here but glad someone finally took a photo of my posse. :wink: Those guys along with those jag pilots look bad azz. Please look up the word intimidation and pre-emption in the dictionary and then cross refer to s-hit stained pants of terrorists. Nice pics. And knee pads are worn out only . Wear it and notice that they chafe, rub and are hard to walk with especially under your pants. I wear them to do home improvement, specifically laying tile when I wear shorts. By the way, my fave commando photo is that older looking blondish (greyish) short haired guy at Red Fort. If you have his pics can you kindly post. Thanks all.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Rahulda, the chasis looks similar to the Stallion trucks, which prompted the remark... Of course i could be completely wrong...
bala, it isn't similar looking. I guess you are being misled by the angle of the image. a side profile should rest your doubts.
ChandraS

Post by ChandraS »

Anant,

Here is the dude you are looking for :)

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 93#p525693

Edit added later: Even better one here - http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 20#p525820
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Thank you much. He's the one. My guess is he's the boss of the SPG. Thanks for putting it up. Bad azz indeed.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

NSG 25 Year anniv celebrations
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... =672880359 by Sandeep Unnithan
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

soutikghosh wrote:Found a pic of MARCOS in action.

Hope it's not a repost
Is that an IMI Shipon?
And I think the rifles are AK-74's.
Igorr
BRFite

Post by Igorr »

koti wrote:

I think the rifles are AK-74's.
7.62x39 AKM. A wider barrel better withstands against the water capillarity, than 5.56 does. Although, this problem was recently fixed on ADS bi-medium assault rifle by a part of gas direction before the bullet.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Jagan wrote:NSG 25 Year anniv celebrations
Are there any non-facebook pics?

Don't have a facebook account :cry:
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

sum wrote:
Jagan wrote:NSG 25 Year anniv celebrations
Are there any non-facebook pics?

Don't have a facebook account :cry:
Same here... And in the MARCOS pic, can someone id the Rocket/missile launcher carried by them...
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Shipon?
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on second day of his Sikkim visit today reached Nathula Pass, the last Indian defense post at the height of 15,000 ft. Modi participated in Diwali celebration of Jawans and offered sweets and a gift on behalf of the people of Gujarat to the soldiers.

deshgujarat.com
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

deleted
Last edited by Gagan on 18 Oct 2009 00:45, edited 2 times in total.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Now, how did the jingos miss these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S ... 779691.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S ... 782021.JPG

Indian Navy Cheif meets the MARCOS men in Valley...just picture these guys in slawaar-kameez and phiran.... :twisted:
And IIRC, for the first time the MARCOS Badge is seen in public (above the name patch)..
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Rohit-ji,
already posted and discussed a lot in the Naval thread...

The only issue i had was : how come serving MARCOS were shown face exposed? Arent they undercover operators?