Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by BajKhedawal »

So now I can’t post personal experience about a personality already being posted by another poster?
{NO. surprised that this is not common knowledge. this is not the "personality discussion thread". in case you are still wondering, this is "pictures of Indian military" thread in a "military" forum}

Why did my post got hellfired? All I did was underline virtues of a man in a picture posted by another poster (Gaganji).{is this the correct thread to do so ? I think the thread title is clear enough} And I astutely avoided mentioning any other person so as not to offend any delicate sensibilities floating around. Also note my comment was with direct regards to the picture posted and not a general comment.
{rest of the comments about a politician's personality deleted.

It should have been obvious why your post(and a couple of others) was deleted.
I'm requesting you to kindly read the thread title before posting. }

^^^This are valid observations about a picture posted on this thread, yes?
{absolutely NOT.}

any more OT post from anyone and the postor gets a warning.
Rahul.

P.S. To no one in general, if a post of yours suddenly disappears it probably means it is waaaaay off-topic to even merit an explanation and that you are lucky to not get a warning.
in that case it would be wise to desist from continuing on the same vein or your luck may run out !
Last edited by Rahul M on 18 Oct 2009 00:03, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edit.
Patrick Cusack
BRFite

Post by Patrick Cusack »

http://i37.tinypic.com/9gzdp2.jpg - Forget stealth with the type of footwear they are wearing - it must be hopeless with flooded, soaking feet and squeaking shoes. Are they are trying to save money - no thought about the risk to their life!!!!!!!!!
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Did not know they wore Maroon berets :-?
rohitvats wrote:Now, how did the jingos miss these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S ... 779691.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S ... 782021.JPG

Indian Navy Cheif meets the MARCOS men in Valley...just picture these guys in slawaar-kameez and phiran.... :twisted:
And IIRC, for the first time the MARCOS Badge is seen in public (above the name patch)..
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

I don't like that their faces are shown clearly. One of them looks like baitulla mehsood. :P
These guys do some of the 'dirtiest' work that armed forces indulge in. One can imagine that interrogating suspects, and gathering intel is mentioned as one of their abilities. :shock:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Err,
Was there raised temperatures here because of my post? I have deleted that post completely, I don't want to offend anyone.
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

Gagan wrote:Err,
Was there raised temperatures here because of my post? I have deleted that post completely, I don't want to offend anyone.
No worries Gaganji, I was having trouble understanding why some pictures can be commented on and some not! Rahul explained and its all fine.
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

rohitvats wrote:Now, how did the jingos miss these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S ... 782021.JPG

Indian Navy Cheif meets the MARCOS men in Valley...just picture these guys in slawaar-kameez and phiran.... :twisted:
And IIRC, for the first time the MARCOS Badge is seen in public (above the name patch)..
A good friend one day return in the middle of his Kashmir tour for his sister's marriage. Usually, he was clean shaven, but this one time he looked exactly like the guy on the very left with a camera. Heavy beard/mush, long hair and barely recognizable, almost a psycho. Got a lot of heat from folks to shave it for the marriage.. Official story - he was going to Tirupathi for clean shave.

Lots of interesting tales, some of which I have tough time believing even now :)
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Patrick Cusack wrote:http://i37.tinypic.com/9gzdp2.jpg - Forget stealth with the type of footwear they are wearing - it must be hopeless with flooded, soaking feet and squeaking shoes. Are they are trying to save money - no thought about the risk to their life!!!!!!!!!
In such a situation, wouldn't any shoes be soaking / squeaking? And in case they decide to wear waterproof shoes before jumping into the water, an additional pair would still be required for them to carry out their task on dry land. Guess some things are just part and parcel of the day's work.
In fact, more than that, it is the weapons and the ammo that needs to be kept dry, maybe the priority lies there.
Sandipan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandipan »

On the Marcos photograph jumping out of the raft. The Guy in the back is carrying a rifle with a canvas bag hanging from the bottom containing bullets. I saw such a gun in the hands of a Israeli soldier in a different photograph. What gun is that, is it MINIMI
Patrick Cusack
BRFite

Post by Patrick Cusack »

The reason why I raised this was because there are better solution like neoprene based that keep out water. Check this out http://shop.navyseals.com/deep-see-amph ... ot-27.html
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Did you notice the "Made In China" label on the ad in your link? :lol:

Jokes apart, it might be a suitable option, but once the guys are jumping into water as shown in the pic you just posted, it would only be of limited utility since other gear might still end up wet. Let's not just base our opinions on a single photograph. They are professionals after all, and I am sure they would know what works for them and what doesn't.
somak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by somak »

Sandipan wrote:On the Marcos photograph jumping out of the raft. The Guy in the back is carrying a rifle with a canvas bag hanging from the bottom containing bullets. I saw such a gun in the hands of a Israeli soldier in a different photograph. What gun is that, is it MINIMI
I believe it's the Nagev

atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

http://i37.tinypic.com/9gzdp2.jpg
Is the commando in the front (just above the spot where "C5" is written) holding a knife in his hand?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

atreya wrote:http://i37.tinypic.com/9gzdp2.jpg
Is the commando in the front (just above the spot where "C5" is written) holding a knife in his hand?
it seems to be a metal spike... J shaped... Not a knife... Could be an anchoring device for the inflatable...
Last edited by Bala Vignesh on 18 Oct 2009 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

vdutta wrote:http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... 580072.jpg[/img]
Rahul Gandhi's security walking on streets in Ranchi.
source: jagran.com
:D The Have and the Have nots...................

Check out the SPG guys and the Ranchi Policeman... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Is life unfair :wink:
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Sandipan wrote:On the Marcos photograph jumping out of the raft. The Guy in the back is carrying a rifle with a canvas bag hanging from the bottom containing bullets. I saw such a gun in the hands of a Israeli soldier in a different photograph. What gun is that, is it MINIMI
thats not a canvas bag...it look like a 200 round box magazine.

edit : even the Insas LMG has been spotted a similar magazine.
pmund
BRFite

Post by pmund »

PTI pics of Cope India 09. Garud commandos. You can clearly see the 'Special Forces' tag on the officers' sleeves

They look KICKASS
ssmitra
BRFite

Post by ssmitra »

Bob V wrote:
thats not a canvas bag...it look like a 200 round box magazine.

edit : even the Insas LMG has been spotted a similar magazine.
Well actually its a canvas box magazine :D

Abt the INSAS with a similar magazine, I would love to see that. I mean a functional one not a one rigged for a show. You might be mistaking it for the canvas spent cartridge holder used during training.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Cope INDIA 09
OTHER PICS click on the link and hit NEXT on the TOP RIGHT (total of 10 pics)- COURTESY NDTV
http://www.ndtv.com/talkingpictures/NEW ... oint/4.jpg
http://www.ndtv.com/news/photos/album-d ... orce+Power
http://www.ndtv.com/news/photos/album-d ... orce+Power
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

pmund wrote:PTI pics of Cope India 09. Garud commandos. You can clearly see the 'Special Forces' tag on the officers' sleeves

They look KICKASS
Just look at the guys faces!!! I shudder to think what would happen to the persons who cross path with this bunch :lol:
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

PHALCON AWACS pics - CLICK HERE and HERE
SRay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SRay »

Looks like smoke - very likely marking the drop zone.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Livefist Il-76 Paradrop

Any idea why the forward fuselage doors on the Il-76 are open in this pic?
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

shameekg wrote: Any idea why the forward fuselage doors on the Il-76 are open in this pic?
The Yanks wanted some fresh air.

IL76 front fuselage doors can be used as exit points during para-drops.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPIGOjEPrto

See what happens from 1:26 to 1:38
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

shameekg wrote:Livefist Il-76 Paradrop

Any idea why the forward fuselage doors on the Il-76 are open in this pic?
This is the first picture of IAF IL-76 dropping paratroopers 8) 8) 8)
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

vijyeta wrote:
shameekg wrote: Any idea why the forward fuselage doors on the Il-76 are open in this pic?
The Yanks wanted some fresh air.

IL76 front fuselage doors can be used as exit points during para-drops.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPIGOjEPrto

See what happens from 1:26 to 1:38
Hang on a second here

they went via the front doors... jumped... below the wings.... right next to the 1set of engines....
Hmm.... Okay... is that really required... why can't everyone jump out the rear ramp ?

I have flown in a IL-76 and plenty of space to jump out from the back instead of the side doors.

What are the advantages of jumping out the side doors ?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

I've seen the IL-76 discharge paratroopers from the two front doors and the rear ramp exit in old DD videos of airforce exercises.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Khalsa wrote: What are the advantages of jumping out the side doors ?
:!: Wild guess alert!! :!:

I think the time taken to offload all is increased and since the a/c is moving forward all the time the paratroopers get dropped in a long line rather than bunched up over a target area. Just my guess.

About one trooper appears every second and it will take 2 minutes to drop 120 troops - and in that 2 minutes a plane flying at say 300 kmph (another wild guess) would have gone 10 km or so. A low level drop over a target area might cause too long and thin a line unless you can offload all the men within a short time using all doors available. The engine is quite far from that side door I think.

</alert>
sombhat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sombhat »

Ajai ji had posted an article in his blog where 12 tonne Interceptor Boats will be used by the Army to patrol the Pangong Tso on the LAC click here. Just found out that the same boats have been issued to the West Bengal Marine Police. It would be coll if they could put it to good use.

Photo
dukenukem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by dukenukem »

Patrick Cusack wrote:http://i37.tinypic.com/9gzdp2.jpg - Forget stealth with the type of footwear they are wearing - it must be hopeless with flooded, soaking feet and squeaking shoes. Are they are trying to save money - no thought about the risk to their life!!!!!!!!!
I would guess they were probably posing for a photoshoot. I would guess they probably tuck their trousers into their boots that probably go full length.

Something like this perhaps?
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

shiv wrote:
Khalsa wrote: What are the advantages of jumping out the side doors ?
:!: Wild guess alert!! :!:

I think the time taken to offload all is increased and since the a/c is moving forward all the time the paratroopers get dropped in a long line rather than bunched up over a target area. Just my guess.

About one trooper appears every second and it will take 2 minutes to drop 120 troops - and in that 2 minutes a plane flying at say 300 kmph (another wild guess) would have gone 10 km or so. A low level drop over a target area might cause too long and thin a line unless you can offload all the men within a short time using all doors available. The engine is quite far from that side door I think.
Even i wanna make a wild guess here.

Wild Guess - From the Il-76 aircraft pics I've seen, the rear door looks wide enough for 2 lines of troops to bail out simultaneously. Yes - using the side doors in tandem with the rear doors will only speed up the process.

A very wild guess - The rear door must open outwards (like in a car) as opposed to the side doors which open inwards. So the rear doors must work against the air flow to close, thus making a slightly more difficult process. :lol:
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

ssmitra wrote: Abt the INSAS with a similar magazine, I would love to see that. I mean a functional one not a one rigged for a show. You might be mistaking it for the canvas spent cartridge holder used during training.
thank you sir ,for the gyaan......having fondled an Insas, I can very well distinguish between the butt and the barrel.
ssmitra
BRFite

Post by ssmitra »

Bob V wrote:
ssmitra wrote: Abt the INSAS with a similar magazine, I would love to see that. I mean a functional one not a one rigged for a show. You might be mistaking it for the canvas spent cartridge holder used during training.
thank you sir ,for the gyaan......having fondled an Insas, I can very well distinguish between the butt and the barrel.
Aree Bob bhai saab, Kahe gusaa ho rahe ho......I was just suggesting sometimes photographs can be misleading...

It would be cool to see an INSAS LMG with a 200rd magazine
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Paratroopers use 4 lines to jump off an IL-76. Two from the ramp in the aft end and the two side doors up front.

Screen grab of a paratrooper as he jumps off the front door.

shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Had to sift through two years of issues (of SP Aviation) to dig out this gem

MiG-27 with a Kh-29(?) ASM (yeah probably inert, but i have not seen any images of it mounted on an indian mig27)

Copyright belongs to SP Aviation
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Jagan wrote:Had to sift through two years of issues (of SP Aviation) to dig out this gem

MiG-27 with a Kh-29(?) ASM (yeah probably inert, but i have not seen any images of it mounted on an indian mig27)

Copyright belongs to SP Aviation
Are those JDAM kits on the bombs in the intake pylons??? Cause AFAIK the iron bombs don't have fins... But she sure does look lethal in this picture..
Last edited by Bala Vignesh on 21 Oct 2009 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

shyamd wrote:Image
Is that the cargo bay of the C 130???
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Yes...