Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) - Dec 30 - 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
khan
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) - Dec 30 - 2009

Post by khan »

1 USD = 45.710 INR
1 USD = 84.850 PKR

:shock: No wonder I am reading so much whining about inflation problems there...
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

^^^ What we are witnessing a lovers spat between US and Pakistan leadership.
This fake creation of Pakistan is nothing but a proxy state for certain geopolitical players.
Unlikely that the US has to squeeze any family jewels because leadership is probably aligned with them.
Only a select few like Indian freedom fighters of the elite class, will go against the powers. The native population is raging against the exploitative system and has aligned with radical religion the same way as natives aligned with communism under despotic royalty.
The only twist in the last few years has been - the global jihad machine has turned against its masters

Pakistan breakup will mean nothing for India unless the geopolitical players don't line up. They will pick another proxy
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Khan,
You're right. I saw that the moment that chronology was building up.

Gen Kapoor's statement was on 30th Dec. The pakistanis started yelling about it on the 2nd Jan onwards it seems. This was AFTER the attack on CIA on the 31st and the subsequent heat on them by massa.

Gen Kapoor was merely trying to preempt another 26/11 by the pakistanis.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Gagan wrote:Khan,
You're right. I saw that the moment that chronology was building up.

Gen Kapoor's statement was on 30th Dec. The pakistanis started yelling about it on the 2nd Jan onwards it seems. This was AFTER the attack on CIA on the 31st and the subsequent heat on them by massa.

Gen Kapoor was merely trying to preempt another 26/11 by the pakistanis.
There was probably lot of plans world wide for the new year eve. One statement of Gen has shifted the priority to the local region instead of any other part of the world for the Jihadi machine.
This has become very effective now to keep the things normal.

To take revenge they may have done the 31 Dec event.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakis were/are under the impression that IA was not ready for administring punishment to PA after Nov 26 terrorist incident . I belive Chief Kapoor has made it clear to them that retribution will be swift this time.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

An anecdotal data point: I have friends who are the uber RAPEs of the best variety and needless to say they are pretty sure of their land's superiority to anything on this Earth barring Arabs. I have had my fair share of debates and arguments with these fellows about sponsorship of terror in India and how it might become counter productive to Pakistan if and when India gets stirred into taking action. None of these guys flinched even one bit or showed even a marginal concern for war or mayhem during the repeated and increasingly menacing terrorist attacks on India. They had almost mythical faith in the newclear detergent as if it were the end of all arguments. Their apparent Jeeves like countenance convinced me that they had no stake in the future of the land and were willing to fight India till the last abdul on street. However as if on cue of some higher being come first week of 2010 I have these very phlegmatic heirs to the glory of Tamerlane and successors of Ghauri cursing Gen. Kapoor and entire Indian army. Mind you I have had the experience of hearing criticism of India but not the army alone! This apparent singling out of army and Gen. Kapoor without bringing the Def Min or PMO into the argument seemed really fishy. Come to think of it everyone and his aunt in Pureland from Army Chief to PM have come down on Gen Kapoor but not much has been said to the GOI.

Now the question is while it is understandable that TSPA and PPP are trying to sell snake oil of big bad India to avaam, why is the traditionally cocky and over confident RAPE class so wobbly?

One of the angles that I believe we have not pursued is Dubya and his rapport with MMS. Dubya was very keen on having India as a long term "pardner" of USA and was willing to bend a few things here and there even if he were to be in direct confrontation of bureaucracy. MMS too was willing to walk his part of the deal and exercised restraint under gravest of provocations to secure certain concessions for India by projection of a mild and almost inert face of Indian foreign policy. However what has changed now is the coming in of baba administration and its fair share of cold warriors. Neither does the new administration wants to be seen overtly on India's side nor is India very keen on doing their bidding. This plus the recent vacuum blast perpetrated upon a certain khufiya organization has weakened the US counter guarantee against India even further. Couple that with threat to have Pindi "Brahmos-ed" from all ends under the new clear overhang by Thal Senapati Kapoor (TSK), I feel this is the reason for much consternation amongst crore commanders. Any which way I welcome this new found cause of takleef to Lawrence road RAPEs power to Senapatiji. The attempt to criticize only the General is a poor attempt at equal equal and creating an impression of a wedge between TSK and GOI.

In summary it looks like some kind of informal code/agreement has been broken and every man is to himself and herself in our theatre. The very conditions that TSPA dreads cause without external guarantees they will be in some hot soup.

PS: Thanks Karan let me clean up that meandering post and get back to rakshaks.
PPS:On a lighter note we have achieved a new ratio from now onwards one TSK is equal to entire TSPA
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

NYtimes:
US claims Paki's pull == between India and US...
Pakistan: U.S. Embassy Complains that Its Staff Is Being Harassed
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

So between 26/11/2008 and today, India's defence preparedness hasn't exactly gone up several notches.

In sharp contrast pakistan has gone down the drain magnificently. their economy is just not in a position to fight even a limited war. I mean that they may just about fight a 1 week war, but they would have exhausted all economic resources of their nation within that period.
All oil will be gone, major industries and factories will have been damaged, there will be severe degradation to their infrastructure, power, telecom, roads etc, and on top of this pakistan won't have ANY money to rebuild.

Massa and the lenders won't open their kitty immediately, they'll demand their pound of flesh - the big one, that pakistan can't give up. If pakistan gives massa what they want, there won't be a pakistan.

The fissions within pakistan will only enlarge, a war with india might be that final blow to the only unifying thing holding them together as a nation - the pak fauj's iron grip, which will get loosened.

This is why the pakistan army will hold back - not just the war part, but the aftermath.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

This is what Munna was referring to Paki Fuddupun.
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -810-zj-02
India’s challenge
By Ayesha Siddhi-ho-Ja
It would be wiser to understand the nuances of the statement which are more important than the actual content of what he said. It basically indicates the shifting of plates in terms of civil-military relations in India. This is not to suggest that the Indian military is getting ready for an internal coup or that it could take over politics or even wage a war on its own. However, Kapoor’s statement is one of the many symbols of the growing significance of India’s military in the country’s security and foreign policy paradigm, particularly as far as Pakistan, China and the US are concerned. It is no longer the military of Nehru’s days that sat silently waiting for orders from Delhi as it saw the Chinese army creeping into areas India considered part of its territory. The modern-day Indian military has access to the media and has managed to build a partnership with it to get its message across when it is in need of public pressure on the political government regarding a particular issue or policy. Furthermore, the military’s overall significance in military security decision-making has increased for a number of reasons
Greater indigenisation of the officer cadre and troops has meant larger numbers from the lower, lower middle and middle classes. One of the distinguishing features of these classes is their sympathy for socio-cultural traditions that have a significant religious flavour. Consequently, the men in uniform might view matters of war and peace differently
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Prem wrote:India’s challenge
By Ayesha Siddhi-ho-Ja
Greater indigenisation of the officer cadre and troops has meant larger numbers from the lower, lower middle and middle classes.
What does she mean by 'indigenization' ? We had British & American officers before ?
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

SSridhar wrote: What does she mean by 'indigenization' ? We had British & American officers before ?
May be she means diverse socio-economic background. :-?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

My $0.02 is that over the last few months/quarters we have seen sustained efforts by Pak to malign India over terrorism angle (in NWFP and other parts). SeS of course came in handy. As it stands, the "victimhood" of 26/11 has been completely washed off (from Paki perspective). Add to that the continuous outcry that India is shying away from the "peace talks."

Basically ground has been set for the next wave of attacks. Initially tested in Assam with lukewarm(?) response and now we are seeing events in J&K. Make no mistake, the next one is coming into the heartland. Guaranteed!

This is where "Aman ki Asha" may play an important role. It can sustain the "soft" image/victimhood while interesting things can continue to happen in Pakistan.

However, Gen Kapoor's statement could be used/are being used (by Pak) to continue with the propaganda of "offensive" doctrine practiced by India. There may be very important message being conveyed by Gen Kapoor but there is also this subtle counter effect of the same that we need to watch out.

If GOI is satisfied with the effect that Gen Kapoor’s statement has caused in Pak, we should be happy. If GOI is surprised with the kind of reaction from Pak, then we are onto something.

Overall, I feel the summer is going to be a busy time.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

SSridhar wrote:
Prem wrote:India’s challenge
By Ayesha Siddhi-ho-Ja
Greater indigenisation of the officer cadre and troops has meant larger numbers from the lower, lower middle and middle classes.
What does she mean by 'indigenization' ? We had British & American officers before ?
Aunty from Southall is referring to the waning influence and interest of erstwhile feudal classes in Indian military. RAPEs are really comfortable with Indian feudals around!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

"indeginisation" is how Rapes perceive the Mango Abduls as native and they being the noble desendants of Arabs and Persian. She applies same to Indians assuming Rai Bahadurs still exist as counterparts. They are stupid if they think Kapoor spoke independently of GOI. They should fear that not even usual suspects belonging to WKK Brigade have made any squeak about plan to punish Paki if push comes Shove.
Last edited by Prem on 08 Jan 2010 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna wrote:
SSridhar wrote: What does she mean by 'indigenization' ? We had British & American officers before ?
Aunty from Southall is referring to the waning influence and interest of erstwhile feudal classes in Indian military. RAPEs are really comfortable with Indian feudals around!
Come on!!!
What feudal classes we have that are non-existant today? IA was alway professional. Aunty wrote that after drinking certain cocktail.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

They are stupid if they think Kapoor spoke independently of GOI

And that is why GOI should have re-iterated/re-confirmed this in relevant fora for a 'CHANGE'.

I guess General Kapoor's statement has taken folks across TSP by surprise specially when people from other side were contemplating some dammage control in the name of 'AMAN ki ASHA'. :roll:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

[
quote="negi"]They are stupid if they think Kapoor spoke independently of GOI

And that is why GOI should have re-iterated/re-confirmed this in relevant fora for a 'CHANGE'.

I guess General Kapoor's statement has taken folks across TSP by surprise specially when people from other side were contemplating some dammage control in the name of 'AMAN ki ASHA'. :roll:
I think Silence speaks louder.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

pgbhat wrote:
she was talking about post-independence offsar class. Implying It is less accommodating wrt political WKK pilosopeee
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Bade saab gave order to chote pandu "Control the local rowdy while I make merry". Chote pandu does not have the raw power to beat the rowdy but he can surely harass under the threat of bade saab throwing the entire rulebook in his favour.
Nowadays, rowdy is 'upward mobile' and throws an open challenge "Come one, come all - bade and chote - dono pitega". Now, open statement like this cause a loss of face for the bade saab, particularly when the entire mohalla gossips about the rise of rowdy as if he is bade saab's equal.
Now, among all 3.5 friends, only Bade saab has always stand by chote. What will happen if bade saab also loose confidence in chote? What if he starts thinking "What the heck chote is doing?" Won't chote start frothing in mouth at such prospect?
munna
BRFite

Post by munna »

Muppalla wrote:Come on!!!
What feudal classes we have that are non-existant today? IA was alway professional. Aunty wrote that after drinking certain cocktail.
This one is not for IA, what I am trying to point out is that an officer is an officer is an officer for IA. He or She may have been born to a prince or a pauper but in Indian Army they are the same. However to a Paki mind birth and origin are of supreme importance and they base a lot of their decisions even in professional matters upon birth or descent. Aunty had some Bailey's and decided to apply the same Lahori logic to Indian Army. Just as with other things in India Indian Army has also become more diversified in terms of its officer cadre and this seems to look like sacrilege to the noble descent RAPEs (phew) :roll:
Prem wrote:I think Silence speaks louder.
Spot on Prem, Gen Kapoor saab is having some fun and he seems to have the license for it! :twisted:
Last edited by munna on 08 Jan 2010 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
amol.p
BRFite

Post by amol.p »

Six killed in explosion in Karachi

KARACHI: At least six people were killed in an explosion in a house near Babri mosque in Baldia town here on Friday, DIG west Sardar Majeed said.

Majeed said that hand grenades and other weapons were also recovered from the house, DawnNews reported.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... ared-zj-04
amol.p
BRFite

Post by amol.p »

Gas shortfall to continue in January: minister

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... ster-za-05
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

negi wrote:They are stupid if they think Kapoor spoke independently of GOI

I agree with this view. Civilian statement must always back Military. But I am not sure if Pak should be surprised by Gen's statement OR we should be surprised by pak's surprise.

Gen saab's statement sure is like a chilli in their nether ends ("Hum cheen ki bhi le sakte hai to tum kis khet ke mooli ho?" but was that kind of reaction expected.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 08 Jan 2010 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
amol.p
BRFite

Post by amol.p »

British boxing sensation Amir Khan arrives in Pakistan

British boxing sensation reigning world light-welterweight champion Amir Khan says he will help Pakistan boxing and may fight in the country of his origin.

The 23-year-old from Bolton, said he sees a lot of boxing talent in Pakistan and would be more than happy to give some tips to young and up-and-coming Pakistani boxers to enhance their skills

The Briton, after defending his world crown in his own backyard now wants to fight in the United States under his new American trainer Freddie Roach. The boxer will also visit his ancestral town of Mirpur and Rawalpindi in Pakistan.

Khan, who has a huge following here because of Pakistani roots, is on a visit on an invitation by the Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF) as a guest for ongoing Benazir international boxing tournament being organised in Karachi. The world champion is likely to watch the final bouts of the competition on Friday.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... n+pakistan
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Picklu wrote:Bade saab gave order to chote pandu "Control the local rowdy while I make merry". Chote pandu does not have the raw power to beat the rowdy but he can surely harass under the threat of bade saab throwing the entire rulebook in his favour.
Nowadays, rowdy is 'upward mobile' and throws an open challenge "Come one, come all - bade and chote - dono pitega". Now, open statement like this cause a loss of face for the bade saab, particularly when the entire mohalla gossips about the rise of rowdy as if he is bade saab's equal.
Now, among all 3.5 friends, only Bade saab has always stand by chote. What will happen if bade saab also loose confidence in chote? What if he starts thinking "What the heck chote is doing?" Won't chote start frothing in mouth at such prospect?
:lol: remainds me of a dialogue in Ram Gopal Varma's Shiva movie...

Nanaaji! These student unions should bring strength to our political-rowdyism... We shouldn't end up as their support group.... Call the challenger and recruit him into our gang...
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

munna wrote:Spot on Prem, Gen Kapoor saab is having some fun and he seems to have the license for it!
Munnaji, This seems like a definitive statement. If so, it is great to hear.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Satya_anveshi wrote: OR we should be surprised by pak's surprise.
Arrey bhai, storm in a teacup. General Kapoor's statements pale in comparison to the gems Mushy used to dole out on a regular basis. Paki army basically controls the puppet media.

2 months ago it was
Blackwater, XE, diplomats with arms and ammo roaming freely in Bakistan !!! :eek: :shock: :((
1 month ago it was
Bakistani sovirginity under attack by Kerry Lugar bill !!! :eek: :shock: :((
yesterday it was
Jernail Deepak Kaupoor statement !!! :eek: :shock: :((
Bakistani army is afraid of losing relevance and popularity with common abdul. It has been conclusively demonstrated that they cant fight. Unkil is pressurizing them to go west, it is clear that Indians are not going attack them in cashmere (unless provoked). In retrospect it is clear even to mango abduls that mushy rule did NOTHING to the economy, instead got them into this economic, political, social and military mess. So in this environment, army is afraid of becoming unpopular/irrelevant.

So they are trying to remind everyone that army is the sole institution in Pakistan for protecting the H&D of Pakistan. Kinda like the usual ads Indian guvrmand PSUs takeout once a year (to spend their "marketing budget") in Indian newspapers along the lines of
Next time you switch a bulb, remember the 10,000 dedicated staff members of Bharat Electricity Nigam Limited, who tirelessly work to bring electricity to your house, to run your godrej fridge !
Hence numerous stories of how H&D is being challenged and everytime H&D is challenged, mango abduls should remember the 1 million strong Paki army who tirelessly protect their H&D.
Last edited by Anujan on 08 Jan 2010 10:25, edited 2 times in total.
chilarai
BRFite

Post by chilarai »

At least five dead in blast in Karachi

Should go into miscellaneous. Hardly belongs to IED mubarak. They dont make bulbs like they used to. These CFLs are no good.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Pak army has always been in control of things in Pakistan media is no exception , my point was regarding the fact that whatever it is that General Kapoor wanted to convey it should have had GOI stamp not only for the Bakis but for the benefit of pea brained diplomats from Unkil and rest of the duniya . And if such token measures are deemed unnecessary/irrelevant then same holds true for the General's comment.

As for silence speaking louder hell yeah it has in 09 .
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

negi wrote:They are stupid if they think Kapoor spoke independently of GOI

Read some of the comments by the aam jantha on toilets aman ki asha fiasco.

http://o3.indiatimes.com/mytimes/archiv ... 95050.aspx
Do you desire a peaceful and friendly relationship with Pakistan?

Do you desire a peaceful and friendly relationship with Pakistan?

Editor, The Times of India

P.S. You may also SMS or e-mail your views. Mail us on mytimesmyvoice@timesgroup.com with ‘aman ki asha’ mentioned in the subject line.

Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 10:07 PM
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From Khaled Ahmed's dissection of the Karachi Ashura massacre in TFT
There was a time when the Shia community in Pakistan had to be helped by Iran. That strategy did not succeed. Over the past 20 years, two things have happened: the Shia have gained an aggressive self-awareness and become informed about their religion because of their apostatisation by state-supported non state actors; and they have become organised, taking out Ashura processions fully aware that they would be attacked and that they would have to undertake counter-action, for which they go prepared.
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

Pak displacement crisis far from over: UN

* OCHA head says ensuring continued support for displaced could be a struggle

NEW DELHI: Tens of thousands more Pakistanis are likely to be forced from their homes in 2010 as the military continues an offensive against the Taliban, the head of the UN office responsible for emergencies said on Thursday.

About 2.3 million people, mainly in the country’s northwest, were displaced by fighting at the peak of the crisis last year, creating one of the largest displacements in recent times.

While most have returned home, many survive in camps and with host families. Hundreds of thousands have also had to flee as the military moves against other Taliban strongholds.

“We expect some returns, but there will also be people who will remain displaced as they have nowhere to go back to as their homes have been destroyed,” said Manuel Bessler, head of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

“We also expect fresh displacements in other areas as hostilities continue and it would be a challenge for us to keep funding for this on-going displacement in the pipeline,” he told Reuters by telephone from Islamabad.

Bessler said the response to an appeal for funds last year had been positive with international donors, as well as the government, contributing more than 70 percent of the $680 million required.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2010_pg7_5
:eek: :eek:
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

khan wrote:What we need are heavy strategic bombers to carpet bomb the cantonment areas in pindi, after destroying what war making capability that they have and an hour before announcing a unilateral ceasefire.
Just to tighten the screws a bit, it would be nice to hear some news about IAF getting some strategic bombers on "loan" from Russia. Even better from the khakhi-coloring point of view, if the Khan comes out with a statement that it is seriously considering lending some of TSP's new national bird to the IAF.

On a different note, it seems that the AQAM-ISI seems to have great luck when messing with the Khan, perhaps to their detriment. They did not expect the towers to collapse after 9/11. The CIA bomber took out the cream of the crop. The CIA could have lucked out and the bomber searched (which led to his explosion) at a point where no significant CIA asset was present.

Though from an operational/tactical point of view it is a setback, from the strategic point of view, the AQAM-ISI has succeeded in biting the perhaps the last remaining source of institutional support to the TSP within the Khan's chamber of power.
---------
The CIA bomber was an Medical Doctor, married with two children.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... t=0&page=1
Last edited by VikramS on 08 Jan 2010 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

COMMENT: Geopolitical reality bites —Shaan Akbar

The disconnect with reality appears to stem from two core flaws in the Pakistani perspective: failure to understand the limitation of national resources/capabilities, and failure to understand that the state’s actions have consequences.
Pakistan’s geography makes the nation strategic, but its geography also acts as an inhibitor. Pakistan does not have the resources to achieve self-sufficiency; Pakistan must trade and seek external investment not just to flourish, but also to survive. That’s why it’s vital that Pakistan not alienate its key sponsors (the US, China, Saudi Arabia, etc) or its regional neighbours (Iran, Afghanistan, etc).
Another of our limitations is Pakistan’s status in South Asia. Pakistan cannot seek parity with India — military or otherwise. Since its inception, Pakistan has viewed itself as a strategic equal of India — and to disastrous ends. India is far too large and developing at far too quick a pace for Pakistan to be its peer. Though it has yet to go far, India is on the road to becoming a global power

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2010_pg3_2
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

khan wrote:1 USD = 45.710 INR
1 USD = 84.850 PKR

:shock: No wonder I am reading so much whining about inflation problems there...
How does Pakistan know there is inflation?

Because to print a INR 500 note, it now costs PKR 50 instead of PKR 25 !!
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Except for the 2-front war comment, Gen Kapoor said nothing new during this year's version of the customary New Year press conference of COAS. So are the pakis flapping around on behalf of the panda?

That Aysha Siddique article is in the class of Ayaz Amir's Kargil time rants. Till their whiskey swilling ways are threatened by an actual war, they proclaim objectiveness and gently chide their Army for appearances sake. Even if war is openly provoked by their protectors, they start :(( and do some frantic equal-equal on capabilities of both militaries. They did the same when Tora Bora was happening and Khan looked like he was itching to rumble into town. Lots of noises about "Paki army not wimpy like taliban" etc were thrown up anxiously. Sort of like babies sucking their thumb to sleep. But even by the RAPE's usual standards, Aysha has gone to much lower levels, by attempting to introduce military influence in Indian Chamber of Commerce, of all places and trying to prove equal-equal with their Fauji Foundation managers. Is she ignoring the fact that rest of world businesses hate the jihadi-hugging ways of their military? And according to her Grand Admiral Lal Bahadur Sastry and Field Marshal Indira Gandhi had far more military experience than MMS? :roll:

All it proves is that except for a rare few like Khaled Ahmed (and to an extent Kamran Shafi) who keep their cool, these jokers are chicken hawks dressed as peacetime liberals. And there might be faction fights inside their military and their RAPE proteges, but they are all pussies when barely threatened.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

SSridhar wrote:From Khaled Ahmed's dissection of the Karachi Ashura massacre in TFT

the Shia have gained an aggressive self-awareness and become informed about their religion because of their apostatisation by state-supported non state actors :rotfl:
SSridhar-ji, Look at the Paki-journalist contortions to somehow mask the fact that Pakistani armed forces and government are state supporters of terrorism. The "state-supported non state actors" takes the cake !
shrstikarta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shrstikarta »

Cultivating brevity and calmness
Islamabad diary

Friday, January 08, 2010
Ayaz Amir

Gen Kapoor's two-front war assessment has been read in Pakistan almost as a declaration of war, and everyone responding to it has done so with a mixture of anger and heightened alarm. From Gen Kayani has come this warning: "Proponents of conventional application of military forces, in a nuclear overhang, are charting an adventurous path, the consequences of which could be both unintended and uncontrollable." The foreign minister has been livid as has been the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Gen Tariq Majeed.

Has all this wordiness been necessary? Are we such an insecure nation that a single misinterpreted statement can so unsettle us? If a riposte was necessary, a one-liner from the Inter-Services Public Relations would have served the purpose. Something like, "Everyone is entitled to his fantasies", delivered with an ironic curl of the lips.

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=217421
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shrstikarta wrote:
Cultivating brevity and calmness
Islamabad diary
Ayaz Amir

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=217421
Shrstikarta, welcome to BR and what a handle you have !

That article you posted above and this letter by apparently a kufr are the only two contrarian responses I have seen in Pakistani media ever since the mass hysteria broke out. The rest are all bile, anger, frustration, impotency and the like. . . .
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan wrote:Look at the Paki-journalist contortions to somehow mask the fact that Pakistani armed forces and government are state supporters of terrorism. The "state-supported non state actors" takes the cake !
I'm pretty sure, Khaled Ahmed made that remark of 'state supported non-state actors' sarcastically. He is a rare breed in Pakistan. I quote from his circa 2004 article:
He {Musharraf} has been targeted by five organisations after 9/11 and the invasion of Afghanistan that followed it. The leaders of these organizations were either in confinement or allowed to remain at large. Those in confinement under state surveillance have been allowed to get out and disappear; at least one is out in the open, publishing extremely provocative statements in the Urdu press on a daily basis. At least two out of the five were crucial to the low intensity conflict in Kashmir. Can one say that he has not killed them so far because he wants to use them again in Kashmir? The two militias are offshoots of Al Qaeda and have served Osama bin Laden well in the past. The leaders, Masood Azhar (absconding) and Hafiz Saeed (making public statements) give rise to all kinds of speculations.