Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by shiv »

Gagan wrote:There's another soldier behind him, there are two shadows, the second soldier's foot is visible.
Good observation. And that guy is "left handed" too. So they do train for ambidextrous use of firearms.
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

Gagan wrote:There's another soldier behind him, there are two shadows, the second soldier's foot is visible.
The distance between the shadow and foot from the soldier is too far for that rifle butt to be theirs. I could be wrong!
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Gagan wrote:Craig Alpert,
IIRC all those policewomen with the AKMs are J&K police, and those are village defense committee women members in J&K being trained by the army.
Those pictures were posted here ~ 1-2 yrs back.
Gagan Pajji, I stand corrected! They are with the J&K police force, patrolling for the elections and patting down females (for security reasons)
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

shiv wrote: What a beautiful action picture.

I wonder - is that soldier really left handed or do they train for ambidextrousness in such situations?
I'm sure they are trained for ambidextrousness, however in the given picture and the next these are both left handed soldiers. During ambidextrous training, you will often notice that the grip is usually a bit off then it would be when holded with their natural stance.
bodhi wrote: And he is carrying 2 guns i believe other than his sidearm...you can see the butt sticking out over his left shoulder. Could it be a shotgun for CQB or is it my imagination running wild after playing too much Modern Warfare?

Are all soldiers armed with a sidearm?
in all CQB soldiers are armed with a secondary. Their primary weapon (depending on the forces) would be a LMG, Shotgun, AK-47, or a rifle and a secondary is usually a 9mm or something of the like. There are instances where a secondary is almost the same size/weight as the primary, but that depends on the role assigned to that individual under the conditions they are going in...
In this case the Jawan already has his primary and secondary, and the one strapped to his back, could have been a weapon that he recovered from the terrorists, or uses it as he might be out of supplies on his primary. The secondary comes in handy when the primary is rendered useless due to either being out of ammo, jammed, away from the jawan for a number of reasons, or in the worst case situation if the Jawan is asked to surrender or confronted with his primary taken away. The purpose of the secondary is to be available readily and to be concealed. The one shown with the picture of NSG having a secondary is very visible. Forces in the West keep the secondary near their foot by the socks, or either in the back close to their $ss
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Pranab-da also has SPG protection? The guy surely looks like a SPG man. What is the weapon he is carrying?
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

FN F2000.
WIKI
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

The pic of the jawan is from an exercise in CIJWS iirc so couldnt have been a weapon taken from a hostile. The one strapped to his back very well might be an amreeki weapon since that exercises was with Khan troops.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

sum wrote:Image
Pranab-da also has SPG protection? The guy surely looks like a SPG man. What is the weapon he is carrying?
that's P90 not F2000.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

^ I stand corrected. :oops: F2000 barrel length is larger.
Brando
BRFite

Post by Brando »

The P90 has the distinctive horizontally mounted 50 round Magazine on the top which makes it easily recognizable. The F2000 has a vertically mounted conventional cartridge in the bull-pup design.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

^^^ Ya simply put, the F2000 looks like a pichkari (like here) while the P90 is like an extended compass box.
parshuram
BRFite

Post by parshuram »

a Bit OT but can't resist PAF commando unit uses F200o as per wiki article. I believe Garud use INSAS or AK 47 at most ..
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sameer_shelavale wrote:I just made this wallpaper and wanted to share it,
But I am not sure if this is the correct thread.

EDITED: the m-16 is replaced now, but i still need a better image
now that looks much better !
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Information required:

There was picture posted on BRF showing the first GOC of IX Corps in his office along with flags of formations under his command? Does anyone(MODS?) have link to the picture? Any help is welcome.Thanx.
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

Craig Alpert wrote:Don't know if these were posted here earlier or not.. Mod's if a repost - please do the necessary and my apologies!
. This is what I call THE POWER OF PUNJAB - CHAK DE PHATTE

Image Image
Image Image
More like power of J&K,the gori ones are from Kashmir,the rest VDUs being trained by the Army in Jammu.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

not Indian army but me. lol Image

For more pics go here

http://ashsworldonline.blogspot.com/201 ... ad-ap.html My Blog with few more pics from EME Def Expo 2010 in Secunderabad AP.

Also contact me for more pics or high res pics from the Expo.

ashdivay AT gmail DOT com

Ash
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

thats one hell of a fit in the BMP :) but at least you fit :(

Would rather be in the open and take my chances
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Surya wrote:thats one hell of a fit in the BMP :) but at least you fit :(

Would rather be in the open and take my chances
haha.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

lol....as a kid I once tried to crawl thru the entire space right to the front of a BMP-2. I remember a jawan scrambling in after me to catch me from going too far :mrgreen:

Very nice pics...good job.
narayana
BRFite

Post by narayana »

I too have some pics from EME-Def Expo in Secunderabad,but not sure how to upload them,would be glad if anyone can help.

Thanks
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
If you are asking the method to upload pics to an album then I do not know. But if you are asking the way to upload pics to this thread then please refer to the first post of this thread.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

narayana wrote:I too have some pics from EME-Def Expo in Secunderabad,but not sure how to upload them,would be glad if anyone can help.

Thanks
before u upload ur pics put ur name on them so people cant claim them as their own.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

narayana wrote:I too have some pics from EME-Def Expo in Secunderabad,but not sure how to upload them,would be glad if anyone can help.

Thanks
Upload them to your online album like Picassa or flickr and then you could either post the link here or directly post the pic... Use the Img button on the toolbar and paste your link in between the operators to post the pic or use the URL button to post the link...
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

some more pics from EME Secunderabad Def Expo 2010
http://ashsworldonline.blogspot.com/ Link to my Blog !!
Jai Hind !
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

^^ From the link above.. I guess they made major improvements to the "Standard Issued Patka's." Is it just me or do they look more "uparmored" so to speak then the current variants of Patkas???
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Marut wrote:
bodhi wrote:
And he is carrying 2 guns i believe other than his sidearm...you can see the butt sticking out over his left shoulder. Could it be a shotgun for CQB or is it my imagination running wild after playing too much Modern Warfare?

Are all soldiers armed with a sidearm?
I haven't seen any soldier with two weapons especially rifles/carbines. That could be a ramming tool for forced entry. Also soldiers aren't normally armed with a sidearm from the pics I have seen so far. Although the ones from 26/11 do show some of them with a pistol in a hip holster like http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 08#p574208
Carriage of side arms (pistols) is norm among special forces/paras. There
is actually a procedure which is practiced that involves dropping a jammed
SMG and drawing a pistol to replace momentum of fire. Looks quite slick
when well done.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Excellent pics ashdivay. I used to visit the EME reunion/fetes in secunderabad and take similar pics.. old times... No helicopter on display?
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Jagan wrote:Excellent pics ashdivay. I used to visit the EME reunion/fetes in secunderabad and take similar pics.. old times... No helicopter on display?
yes one helo on display , but i am not a big fan of aircrafts. my priority is Armour. but ty.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

General Officer Commanding (GOC) 15 Div. Major General Virendra Kumar dances with soldiers in traditional attire during a celebration ahead of Indian Army Day in Amritsar, India, Monday, Jan. 11, 2010. The exhibition aimed at motivating and generating awareness among the youth to take up challenging career in the Army. Army Day will be celebrated on Jan. 15.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

shyamd wrote: General Officer Commanding (GOC) 15 Div. Major General Virendra Kumar dances with soldiers in traditional attire during a celebration ahead of Indian Army Day in Amritsar, India, Monday, Jan. 11, 2010. The exhibition aimed at motivating and generating awareness among the youth to take up challenging career in the Army. Army Day will be celebrated on Jan. 15.
Its good to see that the generals still can get down and bust a move on the dance floor...
pmund
BRFite

Post by pmund »

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4271/ndaf.jpg

What a proud moment for this family of warriors. NDA ACC (academy cadet captain) Mohit Mahesh Markale, who won the President's Gold Medal, with his family -- father col (retd) Mahesh Markale, elder brother Lt. Kedar Markale (also an ex-NDA), a tankman, and mother Dr Kanchan. Picture by TOI
Last edited by Gerard on 15 Jan 2010 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed inlining - page formatting problem
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Indrajit wrote:
More like power of J&K,the gori ones are from Kashmir,the rest VDUs being trained by the Army in Jammu.

Can some wisemen identify these weapons and enlighten the ignorant me ?
K
Last edited by Rahul M on 15 Jan 2010 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please do not quote posts with inline images.
pmund
BRFite

Post by pmund »

AKMs and Insas
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Mehdi-e-duplicate-photo-deleti shall arrive and do his job !
the black gun in the first photo is an AKM for sure.

I can see one INSAS. But the wooden furniture AK's some more erudite gentleman needs to enlighten. (I mean saying that those are AK-47s simply is not good enough anymore)
kaangeya
BRFite

Post by kaangeya »

The ladies can kill me with their looks, who needs guns? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

From Livefist post on upcoming Army Day.

Army para-commando with a Tavor.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S ... 799154.JPG
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Is he having a combat diver badge?

The gun seems to be as large as a bazooka!!! :eek:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

sum wrote:Is he having a combat diver badge?

The gun seems to be as large as a bazooka!!! :eek:
The inference is correct. On the size of those Tavors and bullpup design per se, I thought the USP of the design was larger length of barell for given size of the gun. The conclusion I drew was the overall gun should also be smaller...but the pictures belie this reasoning......any thoughts from the learned maulanas?

PS: How many have seen the MARCOS badge? It has an Eagle with claws around an anchor..looks awesome..especially in brass.......took the photo in Naval Souther Command Museum...but alas...my laptop did downhill skiing..... :((
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

The barrel for the gun looks quite longer too I know the 5.56 has a longer barrel than the 9mm one but this one looks even longer than what I'd seen before also the barrel for ze grenade launcher looks quite long very confusinig for an illetrate in small arms like moi :-?
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

The Israeli in the video says that it makes the whole silhouette of the soldier much smaller, and easier to shoot around tight corners. Suitable for urban combat.