Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) - Dec 30 - 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
rkirankr
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) - Dec 30 - 2009

Post by rkirankr »

a_bharat wrote:Can't understand why the uber patriots here are so upset and resort to contorting others' messages and proceed to attach all sorts of adjectives to people who have a slightly different opinion on how the situation should have been handled -- barring the Pakis outright as opposed to the manner in which it is done. If it is purely a commercial decision of the franchises, fine, no more argument. If not, GoI and BCCI should have acted earlier. I am least bothered about Pakis' plight; just want better handling on our side.
I do not know if the rejection was deliberate or based on cricketing/commericial reasons. However I welcome it.
Bharat; If GOI had barred them , then they would have probably captured the moral high ground that GOI is interfering in sporting relations. How the world wants them but petty politicians of India who are evil Yindoos are keeping them out. However now , this is a pretty big hit to their H&D. GOI allowed them to come. The owners simply said "You are not wanted". This will probably be hard for them to digest. If GOI has banned them , it would not have hurt them so much. Now it is below the belt and is very hard. :twisted:
Last edited by rkirankr on 20 Jan 2010 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

a_bharat wrote:I have a slightly different opinion on how the situation should have been handled -- barring the Pakis outright as opposed to the manner in which it is done.
What difference does it make to you, to the Pakis or to the Indians?. Barring the Pakis outright (as you say) or by kicking on their musharaff (as it happened much to the glee of majority Indians) doesn't make any iota of difference in the TSPA's devious ways against India. It is simple rhetoric that is happening here which will not change the ground realities as to how TSPA will behave vis-a-vis India.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

As far as I can see, he just made that one-off statement, got called on it, and he is ever since trying to justify it by repeating it again and again. It is getting boring.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

A roadside bomb on Wednesday injured a Pakistani provincial lawmaker and four others in the northwest city of Peshawar, a frequent target of attacks by Taliban militants, officials said.

Aurangzeb Khan, a local legislator with the secular Awami National Party (ANP), saw his politician brother Alam Zeb Khan killed in a similar bombing last year, but escaped life-threatening injury in Wednesday's attack.

Local television stations showed footage of a blackened car, rubble and a small crater in the centre of the capital of the North West Frontier Province, which is governed by a coalition led by the Pashtun nationalist ANP.
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... awar-ss-01
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

Mohterma Rafia Zakaria, Amnesty International-wale
Tragic path ahead
Demographically, Pakistan is already the sixth largest country in the world with a population of 170 million, 100 million of which is under 25. This ‘youth bulge’ which represents our failure to curtail fertility rates to under 2.5 per cent bodes disaster for the country. If our strained state resources are unable to provide services for existing populations, it is likely that they will also not be able to provide healthcare, sustainable economic projects or education for these future generations. Despite knowing this, our failure as a nation to prioritise reducing the size of our families, suggests an act of demographic suicide, where we are committing ourselves to a perpetual youth bulge, which permanently means strained and inadequate basic services and an increasingly desperate and destroyed populace that continues to grow.

Pakistan’s economy is similarly afflicted with a host of systemic problems that curtail the state’s ability to lift the ordinary Pakistani out of poverty. The weak tax base, a result of the refusal to tax large agricultural landholdings of the feudal elite that dominate the government, leaves the state with little revenue to invest in industry. This means that the country is overly dependent on foreign investment, which due to the state’s inability to provide security simply does not come.
Demographic and economic challenges are not the only factors that have put Pakistan on a suicidal course. Pakistani institutions have in 60 years engaged in the most hedonistic rate of systemic adventurism. Despite this rate of experimenting with varying power arrangements, both of Pakistan’s major political parties have been unable to produce any new leadership in the past 20 years. The generation that grew up in the early 1980s is thus seeing the same faces of leaders and their sons paraded on television screens as heirs to the nation’s leadership.

Known as the world’s most corrupt, Pakistani institutions deliver next to nothing in terms of representation for the common man. The resultant leadership vacuum provides anti-establishment groups like the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, Jaish-i-Mohammad and Lashkar-i-Taiba with plenty of discontent, confusion and malaise which can be channelled into literal suicide. As a Taliban leader recently boasted, he has a number of young men willing to kill themselves for the promise of heaven.
One answer lies in the national fate of Pakistan itself. Pakistan today is literally and figuratively a country that has strapped an explosive suicide vest to itself. The embrace of feudal hierarchies that perpetually ply their own interests before the rest of the nation, the failure to tax the richest in the country, the failure to curtail population growth with aggressive policies and the failure to rein in spending in the face of ever-rising debts create an explosive vest that threatens to destroy all within it.

The year 2009 saw 87 suicide attacks in Pakistan which killed nearly 1,300 people — a nearly 40 per cent increase from the previous year. There will be more suicides in the coming days, more young men will strap bombs to their bodies and destroy the lives of hundreds around them. The demographic, economic and institutional path that Pakistan is on has made suicide not simply a terrorist act or an incident of psychological and sociological distress. Instead suicide has become the metaphor for the historical reality of our nation, poised as it is with a gun to its temple and confronted with a choice.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

a_bharat wrote: If not, GoI and BCCI should have acted earlier. I am least bothered about Pakis' plight; just want better handling on our side.
Personally it couldn't be handled any better. Just the squeal from Javed Maindad was worth it.. His complaining to ICC to take charge of IPL :rotfl: ... It was time for lungi dance.
The Paki H&D is in tatters due to the IPL banias. The constant whining from Pakis about loss of IPL on not including T20 champions, is soothing to ears.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Flailing away in a stupid rant, this Paki runs smack into a big rock of truth:
For the foibles and collapses of this (official Isloo) establishment, we indeed have become one of the world's most hated peoples. Even as we ourselves are the world's worst bleeding victims of aliens' proxies, agents and hired killers, it is we the world reckons to be all terrorists and sponsors of terrorism, so inept, so incompetent and so lackadaisical has been this Islamabad establishment. To hell with it.
http://thefrontierpost.com.pk/News.aspx?ncat=ed&nid=313
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

SSridhar wrote:Pakistan expects 110 Billion $ investments on January 26

In six days, Pakistan will become very rich.
The Islamic Republic of Pakistan is as usual being delusional.

On an annualized basis the foreign investment flowing into the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is currently just under 12% of the USD 22 Billion per anum they are expecting besides the trajectory of foreign investment is sharply downward.

Reuters datelined January 15Th:

Pakistani foreign investment falls 40.6 pct
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

shaardula wrote:Mohterma Rafia Zakaria, Amnesty International-wale
Tragic path ahead
.. a real keeper
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

a_bharat wrote:Can't understand why the uber patriots here are so upset and resort to contorting others' messages and proceed to attach all sorts of adjectives to people who have a slightly different opinion on how the situation should have been handled -- barring the Pakis outright as opposed to the manner in which it is done. If it is purely a commercial decision of the franchises, fine, no more argument. If not, GoI and BCCI should have acted earlier. I am least bothered about Pakis' plight; just want better handling on our side.
I don't know if you keep track of the news or not but terrorist activities in Kashmir and cross border firing across LOC from Paki side is on the rise. There were rockets firing in Punjab too. One of the BSF jawan was killed in one such incidence. There was a brazen terrorist attack in Srinagar, the recorded conversation of the Paki handlers was posted on this thread.

When we let Pakis play in IPL and make money, we send the message that it is o.k. for the Pakis to commit terrorism against India at the same enjoy Indian hospitality too. You can't let this go on forever, at some point you have to say no.

By not recruting any Paki player in IPL3 we are sending a message to the Pakis that those days are over.

Message is that Pakis need to get their act together.
Duangkomon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Duangkomon »

a_bharat wrote:
shiv wrote:Do I see a hint of fear on BRF of more terrorism because Paki players were not selected?
I am afraid that the way the Pakis are humiliated now will make India more vulnerable to Paki sponsored terrorist attacks before or during IPL. I do believe that the anti-India terror valve is in the hands of Paki establishment. That the last one year was relatively peaceful may not have much to do with Chidambaram & Co's work, but more to do with Pakistan's own reasons (hope they are afraid that India would retaliate). Until we have sufficient confidence in our internal security apparatus, we should desist from humiliating them this badly. As much as I hate seeing Indian spectators applauding Paki cricketers, I think we should have prevented them from participating in IPL in a more straight-forward way.
Stop accusing people of contorting when you are doing the contortions to defend your above post. You can't hide the fact that your post scream "fearful yindian cowering in his dhothi" stereotype which the Paki establishment has made a living out of.
If you say humiliating Pakis increases the likelihood of terrorism then it follows, according to your logic, that we should go out of way to please them to decrease terrorism. This is exactly what Pakis have been saying.
You accuse GOI of indecisiveness and softness when the kind of cowardice and confusion you so blatantly expressed is what that they have to deal with. If there should be one disqualifying factor in BRF it should be this attitude of "wrong humiliation might provoke Pakis to perpetrate terrorism" BS.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

TKiran wrote:
Shahid Afridi could have been selected by Preity Zinta, atleast one Paki should have been selected. That would have been less offence to Pakbarians.

:roll:
I've been trying to find one good reason, why shouldn't we humiliate, discredit and destroy Pakistan as soon as possible. Why should anybody care about feelings of these subhuman barbarians ?
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Afghan poll shows India most favoured, Pakistan unpopular
In a new opinion poll, Afghans have rated India as the most favourable foreign country in Afghanistan and have rejected a role for Pakistan in their country.
The opinion poll, commissioned by by BBC, ABC and German TV ARD, also shows a sharp decline in support for the Taliban.

According to the findings, 71 percent of more than 1,500 Afghans questioned endorsed India’s multifarious role in the reconstruction of the strife-torn country.

India was followed by Germany (59 percent), the US (51 percent), Iran (50 percent) and Britain (39 percent). Pakistan was found to be the least popular country, with only two percent of Afghans viewing its role favourably.{Pukistan as usual at the bottom of the list} :lol: :rotfl:
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... ous-Afridi
I feel bad for the Indian people who I am sure wanted to see us play in the IPL this year
Yeah right! You are only concerned about the Indian fans and not the money.

This collective slap must have really hurt the Pakis considering the nuggets of expectations revealed in the media...
Afridi expresses interest in Rajasthan Royals, KKR
The Big Bash is going live to India so it's a great opportunity for those players in the IPL player list to show potential bidders what they can do for their teams
After WC win, Pak players seek 'revised' IPL contracts
But now the scenario is different. These players should talk to their agents in India and ask them to go for a hike in price from the IPL franchises

Looking at the reactions so far, IPL seems to be a far more effective tool to hurt Pakis compared to the bilateral series. While the cancellation of bilateral series affects PCB's revenue significantly, the pakis are not considering it as an insult. IPL doesn't add any revenue to the PCB.But still it hurts them tremendously. I am sure they will be rubbing their Musharaff's for a while and it will last until the next auction in 2011.

I was going through withdrawals due to this consecutive low scoring/maiden overs from Pakis. This IPL drama more than compensated for it. Pretty satisfying week so far...

Classic KLPD and I believe the actual KLPD is banned in Shariah. That's why they are unable to take this :rotfl:

Edited: Changed the sentence structure as I had submitted without reviewing. Also added the last sentence.
Last edited by rgsrini on 20 Jan 2010 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

shiv wrote:
Altair wrote: I am convinced that some BIG gun influenced this decision not to field paki players. Any guesses who this person might be?.
Col Prohit.
Shiv ji
There is no need to drag the Colonel's name. He is an honorable son of this nation.

Please read between the lines in the below link.

H&D got kicked in the balls
These officials had said they would "go slow" on Pakistani cricketers because they had got signals to that effect.
Therefore, he said, franchisees have been "very informally" asked to go slow on Pakistani players.
I was merely trying to point to the source of advisory to the franchisees. These "go slow" and "very informally" is just for media consumption.As I am sure you are aware.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Altair wrote:
shiv wrote:
Col Prohit.
Shiv ji
There is no need to drag the Colonel's name. He is an honorable son of this nation.
er who the frug is Col. Prohit? Who is this loyal son of the nation you are going on about? I don't seem to recall any loyal sons of India called Col. Prohit.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Why is there so much sympathy for Pakistan amongst the female segment of our press?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jarita wrote:Why is there so much sympathy for Pakistan amongst the female segment of our press?
Because Pakis are tall, fair handsome and tight assed. Ask any Paki - he can tell you..
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

^^^ No seriously.
Look at Barkha, Sagarika, Harinder Bajwa, Nidhi Razdan etc etc.
There is tremendous sympathy for pakistan. Where the hell is it coming from?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

^^^^
Quote:
Kabul attacked soon after Indian MI Chief‘s covert Afghan trip
—General Loomba gave special Instructions to covertly deployed Indian troopers in Afghanistan
—RAW officials accompanied MI Chief to Afghanistan for special purposes
—Senior serving MI officers already found guilty of running terror network
—India’s RAW, MI running terror, insurgency networks in Afghanistan

From Sabrina Elkhani

KABUL—Just a couple of days after Chief of India’s Military Intelligence Lt. General R.K Loomba, completed his “high profile” yet covert trip to Afghanistan, militants struck in the heart of the Afghan capital on Monday, launching suicide attacks at key government targets including the Presidential Palace and locked security forces in running gun battles, which left nine people, including four attackers dead.
The brazen strike in the city was a clear sign that the Indian MI Chief’s sensational trip to Afghanistan was not just a visit to make certain assessments but it had some extraordinary motives to pave the way for an elaborated military role of India in Afghanistan by proving that constantly increasing insurgency and terror in Afghanistan was not possible for the ISAF troops alone and the Indian army was the ultimate solution, reveal the investigations of The Daily Mail
After a series of blasts and more than three hours of ensuing gunfights outside several ministries and inside a shopping mall, President Hamid Karzai said security had been restored to the capital, though search operations continued amid reports that attackers were hiding in the city.
Explosions and heavy machine-gun fire rattled the city for hours. Debris was strewn on the streets, which were quickly abandoned by crowds that normally fill the area. Defense ministry spokesman Gen Mohammad Zahir Azimi said a child and a policeman were killed. The ministry of public health later said five people, a civilian and four security forces, were killed and 30 others wounded.
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate that the incident occurred at a time when the US Defence Secretary Robert Gates and US Special Envoy on Pakistan and Afghanistan Richard Holbrook were set to hold talks with Indians to discuss an elaborated military role of India in Afghanistan.
These findings further indicate that New Delhi is desirous of taking a comprehensive military role in Afghanistan after the US and the NATO troops are withdrawn from the war ravaged country and thus it wants to be militarily engaged in Afghanistan right now to take the military control gradually. The Indians are planning to get a nod in this regard, during or after the high profile international conference on Afghanistan that is going to be held in London later this month. The findings reveal that at the moment, the Indians have planned to prove their importance for deployment in Afghanistan to the Americans and the NATO members and thus it has launched an aggressive campaign of terror and insurgency operations in Afghanistan through its own agents and operatives.
The Daily Mail’s findings further indicate that to make an “assessment” in this direction and to give certain fresh direction to the Indian army personnel, present in Afghanistan, the Chief of Military Intelligence of India Lt. General Loomba carried out a stealthy trip to Afghanistan along with some top MI and RAW officials. The findings suggest that the Loomba team, apart from meeting the Afghan, US and NATO officials, also met with some of the covert Indian troops that are posted in Afghanistan in the disguise of trainers of Afghan Nationa Army and also as Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). The Daily Mail’s findings further indicate that an officer of the Indian Army, with the rank of Major General, who is on a covert assignment in Afghanistan for the past couple of years also held a special meeting with the Loomba & Company. These findings indicate that the said officer runs a covert training network in Afghanistan with the joint efforts of RAW and the Special Operations Division of RAW provides human resource to the said Indian army general from different parts of Afghanistan.
The Daily Mail’s findings further indicate that Indian’s Military Intelligence has a history of getting engaged in terror activities in the region. The serving officers of Indian Army’s Military Intelligence are on record to have been exposed and even arrested for indulging into high profile terror activities out of professional jealousies, in bid to prove to be at par with RAW. These findings reveal that a senior officer of Indian Military Intelligence, a Colonel named Srikant Purohit was arrested by top Indian Investigators Hemant Karkare for planning and executing a very high profile terror operation in which a Pakistan-bound train, Samjhota Express was set ablaze and over 60 Pakistanis were burnt alive in the inferno. These findings indicate that Karkare’s investigation had proved that some serving officers of the Indian MI were running a terror network with the connivance of certain serving and retired officers of Indian Army and there was a nexus between these military men and the radical Hindu extremist organizations.
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate that Lt Col Shrikant Purohit, alias 'Mithun Chakraborty', serving in the MI was arrested in connection with the Malegaon blast and 2007 Samjhauta Express blaze (killing 69 Pakistani passengers returning from India) and was also working for General ® Hoon and Colonel ® Chitale, running the militant wings of Hindu extremists outfit Shiv Sena. Colonel ® Jayant Chitale and his associate Sanjeev Atre, were arrested in November 2002 for running a suicide training camp on the outskirts of Mumbai and but were later released at the intervention of RAW. It is no coincidence that Col ® Chitale is now the next door neighbour of Col Purohit, the main accused in Samjhauta Express blaze and Malegaon blasts.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I think hakim sahab was talking about this "Lt Col Shrikant Purohit, alias 'Mithun Chakraborty".
Dumb,dumb and dumb (hence 3D) baki akhbarwalas are short of Indian names. It seems writer was a fan of Shrikant, remmembers name of some XYZ Purohit (the RSSguy as per baki urdu press) and watched many films of Mithun Chakraborty. Mix it all in Baki brain and wallah you get the right name :mrgreen:
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

ahem.. in my observation, women tend to view a spat between men just like how men view catfights. with glee. hehe. and they generally tend to support the weaker parties... (ouch.. the generalizations!)
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

shiv wrote:
Is this Stockholm syndrome? I really don't know. Pakistan seems to invoke sympathy when no sympathy is needed. A complete mystery to me. Maybe the argument is that the cricketers are themselves innocent. But that does not mean that an artificial vacancy should be created in Indian selection processes because Pakistanis will feed bad because they are left out. Surely that is the sentiment being expressed here "These innocent Pakis should have been thrown scraps so that they "do not feel bad". "
Its a combination of several factors. Stockholm syndrome for some. But for some its naive delusion, who really believe that TSP is weaker than India. But the fact of the matter is that today, TSP is not expecting sympathy and goodwill from India, they are demanding with the chutzpah that only militray victors display, that India acquiesce to their sense of entitlement: be it Kashmir or Afganisthan, participation in IPL etc.

On one point though I agree with the sympathizers. In my opinion, that there has been no terror attack since 26/11 is only partly due to Indian vigilance, and virtually has nothing to do with any posibility, if it all it exists, of India militarily retaliating to the next provociation. Its more likely because of US presence, and despite equal equal in public (see Gate's latest insult to India with his sophistry on Al Queda provoking a conflcit between India and TSP), at least in private, US is keeping TSP on a tight leash. And any ferocious LeT type attack in the heart of India will put TSP on a diplomatic dock visa vi US. So, TSP ishunkered down to see how much they can milk out of Mumbai (with US nudging India in the background). As the recent attacks in J&K have shown, TSP can pummel India with its terror infrastructure with impunity, at any time, and at any place of its choosing with no fear of retribution. And they believe that this is a long-drawn out war which they are bound to win. And this will continue until the terrorist masterminds: TSPA/ISI/RAPE pay a price). Thus, they don;t need any sympathy, nada, zilch. Let the Mofos stew in their own juice, and lets celebrate these tiny IPL victories that are too few and don't come our way often.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Folks, if you are going to report posts please spend some time and effort and write a line or two explaining why you reported the post. I am not a very smart pandu. :oops:
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

shiv wrote:
er who the frug is Col. Prohit? Who is this loyal son of the nation you are going on about? I don't seem to recall any loyal sons of India called Col. Prohit.
I thought you were referring to Lt. Col. Shrikant Prasad Purohit
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

The Daily Mail’s findings indicate that Lt Col Shrikant Purohit, alias 'Mithun Chakraborty', serving in the MI was arrested in connection with the Malegaon blast and 2007 Samjhauta Express blaze (killing 69 Pakistani passengers returning from India) and was also working for General ® Hoon and Colonel ® Chitale, running the militant wings of Hindu extremists outfit Shiv Sena. Colonel ® Jayant Chitale and his associate Sanjeev Atre, were arrested in November 2002 for running a suicide training camp on the outskirts of Mumbai and but were later released at the intervention of RAW. It is no coincidence that Col ® Chitale is now the next door neighbour of Col Purohit, the main accused in Samjhauta Express blaze and Malegaon blasts.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
True loons of the highest order ( with due apologies to the loons)

Meanwhile, seems the IPL jhapad seems to have hit really hard. Paki parliamentary team has canceled its Indian chai-biskoot visit in "protest". Atleast some tax payer money has been saved this way.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

^^^ so that India continues to support the crusades --- oooops sorry war on terror.

these guys are the biggest chors - funding terrorism with one hand and pretending to fight it with another
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Shahid Afridi could have been selected by Preity Zinta, atleast one Paki should have been selected. That would have been less offence to Pakbarians.
If there are statements seen in a "uber-nationalist" website where the members have been exposed to every possible form of Paki perfidy, i honestly don't wonder as to why our aam-janta is so naive regarding Pak.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

rohiths wrote: http://dailymailnews.com/0110/20/FrontP ... tPage1.htm

The Daily Mail’s findings indicate ....
The Daily Mail’s findings reveal .....
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate ...
The Daily Mail’s investigations reveal .....
The Daily Mail’s findings further reveal .....
The Daily Mail’s investigations indicate ......
The Daily Mail’s investigations indicate.....
The daily Mail’s findings indicate ........
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate .......
The Daily Mail’s findings reveal ......
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate.........
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate ........
The Daily Mail’s findings indicate ...........
The Daily mail’s findings reveal ..................
The Daily Mail’s investigations further reveal ......
These findings indicate ........
The Daily Mail’s findings further indicate........
I kid you naaat!!! :rotfl:
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... stan-hs-10
Downhill for Pakistan?
The CIA recently lost its forward operating base in Khost. Pakistan is under pressure to attack North Waziristan. And the noise about redrawing Pakistan’s borders has increased by a few decibels.
Zardari’s government has allowed Pakistan to be a veritable playground for Blackwater/Xe, US Special Forces, a much-expanded US embassy ‘staff’ and complex (mimicking Iraq’s Green Zone), and the trigger-happy controllers of aerial drones. Collectively, these boys with their deadly toys will wreak further havoc in the country.
Remarkably, this current state of instability has provided ample grist for the mills of western military planners and think tanks to dream up a host of scenarios: from imagining Pakistan’s demise to the destruction of its nuclear assets.
One such scenario has the Canadian military preparing a contingency plan to contain street battles in the provinces of British Columbia and Ontario whose cities are predicted to be in flames — courtesy of the conflict scenario that has Canadians of Pakistani and Indian descent at each other’s throats (Toronto Star, Oct 17, 2009).

The Canadian military planners expect that Pakistan will collapse by 2016, and the territory will be occupied by India. Sound bizarre? Not so to the security analysts in Ottawa.
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

James B wrote:Afghan poll shows India most favoured, Pakistan unpopular
India has pledged $1.3 billion for a wide array of reconstruction activities ranging from education to building roads, bridges, power stations to digging tubewells, and grassroot development projects.

This broad sweep of developments projects has earned India enormous goodwill among ordinary Afghans

More at : Afghan poll shows India most favoured, Pakistan unpopular http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sou ... _100307010.
IMO, for India the mentioned activities in Afghanistan (Education,roads,bridges,power,tubewells & grassroot development) Is perfect PR activity.
The survey is a meter of trust they have in India and an indication of afghan accepting any future role of India.
The main reason for pakis scratching their musharaff is prolonged presence of India in afghanistan may challenge its influence in long run and hence its fantasy of strategic depth wrt Indian offensive.

The only activity missing is a well accepted afghan media targeting local population. As far as i remember, India was also involved in installing national radio service( or part of it).
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

archan wrote:Folks, if you are going to report posts please spend some time and effort and write a line or two explaining why you reported the post. I am not a very smart pandu. :oops:
There is a need to place "news" from sources like Dailymailnews in their appropriate place like psy-ops thread. People tend to waste time discussing such "news" and ROTFLing. If every piece of such trash produced by zaid hamid and his likes gets posted in this thread then it loses its original purpose of being thread for serious discussion. JMT
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Jarita wrote:^^^ No seriously.
Look at Barkha, Sagarika, Harinder Bajwa, Nidhi Razdan etc etc.
There is tremendous sympathy for pakistan. Where the hell is it coming from?
In trying to find a common thread that may have shaped their worldview, I noted that three (Barkha, Sagarika and Nidhi) are St. Stephens alums (Bio unknown for Harinder). Perhaps that is all there is to it. If their POV was created at college, it would need a huge shock to change it, specially considering how our education system favours rote learning over critical thinking skills.

To clarify, the Congress is very likely using these people as dupes while the long range R&D weapons development programs are funded in the background.
Last edited by vera_k on 20 Jan 2010 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

amit wrote:
Rudradev wrote: I responded to your intellectually dishonest attempt to sweep Sharm-el-Shaikh under the carpet by asserting that remembering when the national interest has been "sold out", in full public view, constitutes a "time warp".
Rudradev,

The thread has traveled quite a bit since your post. I thought I would not respond and let sleeping dogs lie. However, on second thoughts I feel I should exercise my right to reply.

Afterall in two posts in a row you’ve made crude personal attacks on me, calling me first a shill (perhaps in the payroll of the Maino-Manmohan cabal?) and then saying I’m intellectually dishonest.

It’s a bit rich that you quote what you call “Congress Web Warrior Manual Directive” of resorting to ad-hominen attacks when facts don’t add up to your convenience. Pot calling the kettle black? Or is this the frustration of an ex-Congress Web Warrior?

While I really don’t care what you think, it would be good if you look at yourself in the mirror more often. I’ll explain why later.

First the fact (for a change):

My views on SES?

It’s there in the quote which you used:
amit wrote: SES was a fiasco, I think that point has been proven quite comprehensively. Having said that, however, I don't think it serves any purpose of bringing it out like a Rabbit from a Hat every time a discussion on India's foreign policy takes place. That also suggest a kind of time wrap.
Yes I do think SES was a major foreign policy blunder on the part of the PM and the then Foreign Secretary. However, to be frank I’m not too sure about the Maino-Manmohan cabal’s hand in all this. I’m sure you’re more well-informed.

You ignored my comment on what I thought about SES and then took the later part of my statement and launched into a diatribe without pausing to look at the context.

The whole discussion started when a poster (I’m not using the names of the posters as it serves no purpose, you can go and have a look if you are curious) said this about Nirupama Rao’s inteview:
Too meek a statment. Almost begging TSP.
To this I responded that we have a curious situation whereby we make fun of intemperate and bombastic statements made by Paki leaders and officials. Yet when our officials use sophisticated diplomatise to convey a strong message we think they are making meek statements.

Another poster (who would be surprised to know that I have immense respect for what he posts) joined in the discussion on whether Nirupama Rao’s statements were adequate or too meek.

While the discussion dingdonged this poster brought in SES (quite out of context I thought).

It was at this point I made that comment which you quoted because we were discussion a rather straightforward issue: Did the new Foreign Sec give a good, strong interview about Pakistan or not.

SES is part of a larger Indian Foreign Policy failure, however I fail to see how that should be used to judge the interview to CNN-IBN.

Now the really interesting part is, this is what you have to say about the interview:
Rudradev wrote:As to Nirupama Rao, I did not address that part of your query because I have immense respect for her, deriving from years of following her statements as a senior IFS officer (not affiliated to any political party as far as I know). She said what she had to say despite of Karan Thapar's leading questions, designed to extract the maximum degree of masala. I think she made her point clearly enough. I have nothing to add to that.

We all know what your POV is on SES. I see that despite that you think the Foreign Sec gave a good interview and “made her point clearly enough”.

I do not notice anything in your statement, which resembles: “Too meek a statment. Almost begging TSP”.

So can I take it that despite the SES fiasco, Nirupama Rao gave a good interview to CNN-IBN and made her points clearly?

If that is what you think, now can you tell me how different that is from what I’ve been trying to say?

I’m sorry to say but I think you jumped the gun and launched into an ad-hominen attack without even trying to understand what was being discussed.

This is not the first time that you’ve used adjectives like intellectually dishonest against fellow BRFites who have a different POV other than yours. It is for the Admins to decide if that’s proper or not.

However, the way I see it I think you need to look into the mirror more often, if nothing else the image you see might make you more circumspect and less judgmental of others.

Please See:

Again you’re wrong. I did not ask Archan to delete the particular post you quote. In fact I would have been very unhappy if that happened (unless your posts were similarly deleted).

I asked him to delete my angry rejoined to your stupid shill comment. And you know why? That’s because this is the TSP thread and lot of Paklurks come here.

I’m sure they are having a hearty laugh see how we are getting our chaddis in a twist over something as straightforward as what to make of the Foreign Sec’s interview to CNN-IBN.

Cheers!
Amit, despite your attempt to play the victim, it's plain for everyone to see that you began the cycle of ad-hominem attacks.

The following post by me

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 62#p808562

was made in response, very specifically, to your assertion that
Having said that, however, I don't think it serves any purpose of bringing [Sharm-el-Shaikh] out like a Rabbit from a Hat every time a discussion on India's foreign policy takes place. That also suggest a kind of time wrap.
and to your attempt to equate Sharm-el-Shaikh with other issues such as the Lahore Bus Yatra, Agra Conference, and the Gujral Doctrine. I believe it was quite different, and I said so.

You were the one who, in response to my post, did not attempt to argue the merits of the points I raised but stated instead:
Look Rudradev, you've already convinced yourself that the Maino-Manmohan cabal is out to screw India on the behest of the US, Pakistan, Evangalists, the Italian Mafia and whatever.
Which by any definition is an ad-hominem attack attempting to portray me personally as a compromised source, rather than confronting the argument I had made.

I responded to this by calling you a "shill", which by your own definition is:
a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.
Your own prior attack against me, clearly implies that my criticism of the GOI derives from exactly such bias: i.e. that I'm "bashing" the GOI not with any valid basis but for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

So my calling you a "shill" is a personal attack, but your imputing the definition of a shill as a prior attack on me is not? If you're going to dish it out, be prepared to receive it in return. Since you're so worried about what Paklurks on this forum think, I rather suspect that running to the admins when someone retaliates against you in kind will only confirm their misplaced opinions about Yindoos.

I don't understand why the "really interesting part" is what I had to say about Nirupama Rao's interview. I had not said anything about her responses being "meek" or "ineffectual" in the first place, so why would you ever expect me to defend such criticisms made by someone else?

I never had any difference with your opinions on Nirupama Rao's interview. I was responding *exclusively* to your assertions that Sharm-el-Shaikh should not be raised in discussions of Indian foreign policy, that people who do so are caught in a (sic) "time wrap", and that Sharm-el-Shaikh was no worse than other foreign policy blunders by other governments. That specifically is the behaviour I was calling "intellectually dishonest"... and you're right, when I see evidence of this in another BRF member's posts I point it out.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but recognize that you're the one who started it.

Cheers!
Last edited by Rudradev on 20 Jan 2010 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Jayram
BRFite

Post by Jayram »

shiv wrote:
amit wrote: I'm sorry to have to say this but all this hang wringing and moaning that is taking place here about the alleged insult to the Paki players seems to me to be a sort of convoluted manifestation of the Stockholm Syndrome.

I have a slightly different take on this. Clearly there is a range of opinion on this forum, and one can expect that a range of opinions exist among the vast mass of Indians in India too.

And among the "range of opinions" on this forum are people who feel that Pakistan should not have been humiliated in this particular manner (but perhaps in some other manner), and people who feel that one or more Pakistanis should have been selected to somehow soften the blow.

To you and me and most people on here such opinions may spark incredulity and make us wonder how can anyone think this way - but there you are - the opinions do exist and it is the existence of such opinions among Indians that aid in softening India's stand towards Pukistan.

It is Pakistan's good karma that the country can act the way it does and still have "kindhearted" Indians who are willing to forgive and forget on behalf of those who have lost loved ones to Pakistan action.

Is this Stockholm syndrome? I really don't know. Pakistan seems to invoke sympathy when no sympathy is needed. A complete mystery to me. Maybe the argument is that the cricketers are themselves innocent. But that does not mean that an artificial vacancy should be created in Indian selection processes because Pakistanis will feed bad because they are left out. Surely that is the sentiment being expressed here "These innocent Pakis should have been thrown scraps so that they "do not feel bad". "

Can we really reserve places for Pakis when we don't want them just because they feel bad? Could someone explain why this would be an advantage to India in any way? If we do reserve places for Pakis because they weep, where do we draw the line? Or do we stop drawing lines, and start erasing all borders. Surely, when you clear a place for one Paki you don't want what justification is there for stopping any other Paki whom you don't want. I mean he may "feel bad" no? What will you do then?

Logic fails me here. But we clearly have people worrying about Pakis feeling bad. And a press corps that selectively reports the tears of Pakis for not being selected while failing to report the progress of compensation being paid to terrorism victim's families and the progress of the 26/11 case in Pakistan. maybe the press too imagine that Pakistanis will feel humiliated in the wrong way no? :eek:
My take on this is that we Indians dont like to do obvious bad things to Pakis becuse we belive in Karma ie the notion that an obvious public malicious act to another indivdual or individuals will come back to bite us somewhere down the line. (Make no mistake this was a malicious act on our part justified or not. We did invite the pakis to get involved in this years auction and we are now kicking them in the face). The karma notion prevents us from being personally reactionary to all things paki. We prefer to let the agencies involved in retaliating to various paki perfidies do the doing and leave us aam janta alone. Hence the heart burn here by some on the way this has played out. As Indians we were crazy angry when Mumbai happened and wanted retailiaton but some of us proably still kept our paki friend/acquantancies and still stayed in touch with some of them no?
I think also this act will raise the securty risk a notch in the IPL matches. The aamm paki will be very very happy once a bomb goes off in an IPL game and the whole IPL thing is called off.. He afterall has no skin in the game now and in fact will activily want to disrupt it.
JMT
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Did Shahid Afridi actually say that 35 crore musalmans of India would be disappointed since terrorists from Pakistan are not being given opportunity to make money on Indian tax payers expense.
I don't see this part of the statement in any of the DDM newspapers. Why hide the actual mentality of these terrorist scum from across the border.
It stands equal in stupidity with Ex-Pakistani captain apologizing to Muslims of the world on losing first T20 WC to India.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Make no mistake this was a malicious act on our part justified or not
Dear Jayram, How is not spending money on incompetent fools or known drug addicts a malicious act.
IPL brought them in the market and guess what , no one was willing to touch them with a barge pole.
It is a INDIAN event for the people of INDIA, paid by business houses of INDIA and watched primarily by people of INDIA and all these INDIANS
don't want to do anything which has Paki label on it.
Why there is so much of wailing if 11 Pakis were not picked for IPL. We don't owe them anything except for few visits of Agni's and Prithvi's.

PS: Never Forgive , Never Forget is not just a slogan.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

When KKR can have Akram as bowling coach, what stops other teams from taking in Baki players?
Either way love to see the *perceived* takleef in bakis. :mrgreen:
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

VikasRaina wrote:Did Shahid Afridi actually say that 35 crore musalmans of India would be disappointed since terrorists from Pakistan are not being given opportunity to make money on Indian tax payers expense.
I don't see this part of the statement in any of the DDM newspapers. Why hide the actual mentality of these terrorist scum from across the border.
It stands equal in stupidity with Ex-Pakistani captain apologizing to Muslims of the world on losing first T20 WC to India.
One thing is true... Pakis have fined tuned the art of playing the victim....400% onleeeee
The Oz do not complain, the brits do not complain....only the pakis complain...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

About the JI in TSP fulminating on the Pak cricketeers non-selection in IPL, isn't Cricket haram? What is the hadith on this?