Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) - Dec 30 - 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
milindc
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) - Dec 30 - 2009

Post by milindc »

sunnyP wrote:Well any ounce of sympathy I had left for the Paki IPL wallas has now gone.

At 4 min 20 Sohail Tanvir blaming the 'hindu mentality' for this snub.
"hinduon ke jehniyaat hi aisi hai,dikha di ab kya kar sakte hai"
:rotfl: Boy these beggers have taken this 'insult' to heart.
Good find... This filthy beggar shouldn't be allowed to participate in any BCCI event.
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

Apologies if posted earlier ....
Mehsud Jirga agrees to hand over Hakimullah
A Jirga of the Mehsud tribe on Wednesday agreed to hand over their 378 wanted men, including the chief of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Hakimullah Mehsud, to the government and announced to fully support the government in maintaining peace and reconstruction process.
Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

shiv wrote:
Akshut wrote: My moot point was that the outcome of this should not be another 26/11, and the SeS, and exchange of dossiers. Outcome should be a retaliation, a wipe-out, if something happens.

Your attitude and that of some others suggests that you are asking for a change of India's behavior because of expected terror from Pakistan. In other words "Let us bend to blackmail"
Yes I am asking for a change in India's behavior. And that change is a retaliation after a terrorist attack, rather than the usual business. The only change I asked for was to inflict covert pain on pakistan by India, which my amateur senses dont see happening at all.
In the same way Pakistan has to be restricted, even if we get hurt more in the process.
Yes. It needs to be done. Did I say it needs not be done? Is snubbing of 11 players a "restriction" against pakistan?

This was my question
What will happen if pakis attack during IPL?? Will India react in accordance with what Gates said yesterday?
I dont think it sounds like what you quoted me into saying:
We cannot then beat our bresats and say "Oh Woe is me! If only we had selected some Pakis for IPL this terror attack would not have occurred"
Let me rephrase:
Will India attack pakistan after another attack, or will there be a series of dossiers again?

& I am sorry if it angers you that someone is a fan of concrete action and not verbal jostling.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Flash News

Times Now reports that the US has decided to share drone technology with Pakistan.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

During digging up found an old article by Ahmed M. Quraishi, which IMO still holds much significance
Strategic Depth Reviewed

Quoting some important points

America’s ‘War Against Terrorism’ did for Pakistan what its strategic planners failed to do for over 50 years. The war in Afghanistan pulled Pakistan back into the mainstream cultural fold of the Middle East and Central Asia. The two interlinked regions – almost inseparable – together represent a natural ‘strategic depth’ for Islamabad, and the core of the proverbial Muslim belt that holds the rest of the world in both trepidation and admiration following 9-11.
In the eyes of the world because of the influence of Indian satellite television, Pakistan was developing all the trappings of an Indian satellite state, culturally speaking. And in world politics, perceptions matter most. No wonder the Central Intelligence Agency, in an internal strategic review, suggested to senior US policy-makers to consider the possibility of Pakistan’s disappearance from the world map in the first half of the 21st century. The most likely cause for this eventuality, as implied by the review’s authors, was cultural assimilation into India.
But why should Pakistan attempt to get closer to Central and Western Asia? An indirect but important reason for this is the imperative of the “de-Indianisation” of Pakistan. The unfinished business of the ‘partition’ of the Indian subcontinent must be completed. Some Pakistani analysts have been noticing a disturbing trend over the past decade. Pakistan and its people were increasingly becoming the target of ‘cultural assimilation’ with India, while being pushed politically and geographically toward a final resting place in a politico-economic regional system of Indian-flavored South Asia, in the shadow of Indian political and military domination.
The tool for the advancement of the earlier version of the ‘strategic depth’ theory was primarily religion, and the nature of the policy was essentially intrusive and interventionist (meddling in Afghanistan). The new tool is intrinsically diplomatic, premised on exploiting the unprecedented position enjoyed today by Islamabad as a celebrated member of the international community to effect long-term strategic changes in the country’s future. Deciding the nation’s identity, it seems, is an unavoidable first step
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

SSridhar wrote:Flash News

Times Now reports that the US has decided to share drone technology with Pakistan.
Can't find any report online. IS it on satellite telecast?
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Al-Keeda No3 killed. Any US official currently on visit to pakistan?
Most-wanted Filipino militant killed in US drone attack in Pak
21 January 2010, 08:22pm IST

Three killed, 20 hurt in bomb blast in Pakistan: Officials
21 January 2010, 05:19pm IST
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

Avinash R wrote:Al-Keeda No3 killed. Any US official currently on visit to pakistan?Most-wanted Filipino militant killed in US drone attack in Pak

Three killed, 20 hurt in bomb blast in Pakistan: Officials
21 January 2010, 05:19pm IST
Robert Gates ... :rotfl:
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

AnimeshP wrote:Apologies if posted earlier ....
Mehsud Jirga agrees to hand over Hakimullah
A Jirga of the Mehsud tribe on Wednesday agreed to hand over their 378 wanted men, including the chief of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Hakimullah Mehsud, to the government and announced to fully support the government in maintaining peace and reconstruction process.
Nightwatch's comments on this development ...
Pakistan: The Mehsud tribe in South Waziristan Agency has agreed to a set of government demands in order to return responsibility to the tribe, a senior government official said today, according to Bloomberg. A senior Mehsud official said the tribe accepts the government’s demands in principle, but it will need time because members are currently not in the region.

Government demands include the handing over of 382 wanted militants and an agreement that the tribe not facilitate terrorism.

On the surface, the agreement with the Mehsuds looks a lot like all the other failed agreements with tribal groups in the northwest since Musharraf’s time. The significant point implied is that the government apparently has no intention of altering the autonomy of the tribal agencies.

The insertion of federal security forces thus has been an expedient but temporary measure to restore order, with limited goals and duration. Responsibility for good order in the Agency reverts to the tribes.

Some analysts opined that the Pakistan Army and security force operations in South Waziristan portended a fundamental change in the political relationship between the Center and the tribes. Thos opinions seem to have been premature. The Pakistan Army did what the British during the Raj: marched a column in; shot a few Mehsuds or Wazirs; cleared the roads; put down the rebellion; sort of; and declared victory. This looks more like a movie script than a serious effort to end attacks by Mehsud militants
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

The hatred of Pakis reminds me of Lord of The Rings movie, where orcs under evil Souron wants to destroy mankind. These pakis are no better than orcs who want hellbent on destroying India and Hindus and humanity. These religious-blindfolded inhumane must be taught a lard lesson, so that they mend their ways.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Akshut wrote: Let me rephrase:
Will India attack pakistan after another attack, or will there be a series of dossiers again?
Thank you for managing to muster up the lion in you. You had earlier stated your fears about IPL as follows.
My moot point was that the outcome of this should not be another 26/11
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

AnimeshP wrote:
Avinash R wrote:Al-Keeda No3 killed. Any US official currently on visit to pakistan?
Most-wanted Filipino militant killed in US drone attack in Pak
Robert Gates ... :rotfl:
Now that makes it clear why info on this Al-Keeda was suddenly passed onto the drone operators.

Waiting for the usual, "pakistan is a victim of terrorism", "pakistan is helping america to fight terror", "this operation proves the success of drones to fight terror, so america must give us drones" type of press releases.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

animesharma wrote:

Can't find any report online. IS it on satellite telecast?
If this true, it will be a major toy in TSP's hand along the LoC. Will the Indian givt come out strongly against this?
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

US to give Pakistan unarmed drones’ technology: Gates
“We are considering the provision of planes for intelligence surveillance and unmanned planes to Pakistan. Discussions are under way with the Pakistan military leadership on technical matters in this regard,” he added.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

krishnan wrote:Google afridi+vvs. He blamed VVS for the tams failure
Not to agree with a Paki terrorist, but I doubt my man VVSL is not cut out for T20 type tamasha. But that saiid, it takes someone with the mentality of a Paki (who is an anti-India terrorist unless proven otherwise) to get into the bad books of a gentleman like VVSL.
Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

shiv wrote:
Akshut wrote: Let me rephrase:
Thank you for managing to muster up the lion in you. You had earlier stated your fears about IPL as follows.
My moot point was that the outcome of this should not be another 26/11
What I meant to say was that if another 26/11 happens then the outcome should not be the SeS, and exchange of dossiers, but should be a retaliation, a wipe-out.

Poor communication skills on my part onlee. :oops:
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Is it snub season? :rotfl:
Jab Geedar Ki Maut Aati Hai To Wo Sahar Ke Taraf Daudta Hai!
Pakistan snubs US over new Taliban offensive

Pakistan's army has said it will launch no new offensives on militants in 2010, as the US defence secretary arrived for talks on combating Taliban fighters.
Army spokesman Athar Abbas told the BBC the "overstretched" military had no plans for any fresh anti-militant operations over the next 12 months.
Our correspondent says the comments are a clear snub to Washington.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Altair wrote:Is it snub season? :rotfl:
A step in a plan to extract something more than promised already under KLPD.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

pgbhat wrote:US to give Pakistan unarmed drones’ technology: Gates
“We are considering the provision of planes for intelligence surveillance and unmanned planes to Pakistan. Discussions are under way with the Pakistan military leadership on technical matters in this regard,” he added.
Knowing pakistan's past history of selling sensitive mil-tech to rogue states, only a person out of his mind would agree to transfer drones to pakistan, however musharraf had previously suggested that let the americans control the drones but for the consumption of jehadi class let it be known that pakistan is controlling them. Another exercise to save face before a public which loves the taliban and doesnt want them to be harmed in any way by the US military. It's another matter when pakistan claims its killing indian supported taliban the same public is happy.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Well a little box sits in each drone transmitting data. I wonder who will be getting the data that Paki drones transmit in real time.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Ghauri fears drone attacks in Karachi
Updated at: 2135 PST, Thursday, January 21, 2010

KARACHI: Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping Babar Khan Ghauri fears that there is a threat of drone strikes in Karachi also after country’s tribal areas.

Talking to media, he said drone attacks can take place in Karachi over presence of some elements. :rotfl:
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

shiv wrote:Well a little box sits in each drone transmitting data. I wonder who will be getting the data that Paki drones transmit in real time.
Chicoms for sure will not be left out.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pgbhat wrote:US to give Pakistan unarmed drones’ technology: Gates
In the 80s the US sold those F-16s without so called special equipment that is needed for them to be used for nuke strike role. The TSP got the material from other places. Similarly they will get these 'unarmed' drones and arm them with abettment from others.

Also we now know why Gates visited India first and made all those sothing noises about no repeat of 26/11 etc.

Same as Bin Colin who announced TSP was MNNA without letting India know.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Akshut wrote:^^ Shiv-ji I totally understand the point. I am not disappointed because I am afraid of a terrorist attack. My point was that, pukis should be hurt in a manner that they dont even realize what happened unless they fall off their feet. This abusing, though fresh and energetic for us at BRF, will only IMO increase the sabre-rattling, which persists as it is.

My moot point was that the outcome of this should not be another 26/11, and the SeS, and exchange of dossiers. Outcome should be a retaliation, a wipe-out, if something happens.
This is a pipe dream, just empty talk. Nothing like a 'wipe out' will happen. Why should India risk nuclear attack when Pakistan can be held in check by playing a fast-and-loose game? We are not going to go to war and risk losing all that we have worked so hard for. We should be focusing on harming Pakistan to the maximum possible extent in a non-violent way(such as seems to have happened with the IPL), while tightening up our defenses and isolating the Pakistanis internationally in the domains where they like to strut their stuff.

Actually the rona-dhona articles by the Indian high and mighty about the 'snub' have a point. The IPL owners were actually afraid of the public reaction, it looks like, but they didn't have the courage to own it, come right out and say, you know what, we really think it is inappropriate to pay millions to Pakistani players when some of that money will go to fund attacks against India.

The point of the r-d articles seems to be that the IPL owners are being unnecessarily fearful of the aam aadmi, and they should have gone about their DIE ways and embraced the Pakistanis, taking for granted that the aam aadmi will continue to put up with it. It looks like the IPL first decided to go along this route, and so invited the Pakistani players to the auction, but then got cold feet and so ended up making a mess of it. So, now we don't have the benefit of straight talk about Pakistani unfitness for civilized society. We ended up doing the right thing in a sneaky way, as though it was the wrong thing.

The 'snub' is significant because it may be telling us something about how the elite business class is sensing the mood of the public, in the backdrop of the aman ki asha stuff. It also exposes the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the DIE class across the board.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

IPL snub: Pak threatens to respond in 'befitting manner'
ISLAMABAD: Angry over the perceived Indian Premier League (IPL) snub to its cricketers, Pakistan has threatened to respond in a "befitting manner", saying the manner in which its players were "insulted" showed that India is not serious about the peace process.
"India or any other country that does not give respect to Pakistan will be treated the same way by us
"The manner in which the players were "insulted" showed that India is not serious about the peace process with Pakistan," Malik claimed.
Well, then one hopes that you guys won't be crying for talks anymore? should we expect at least that much from you brave, honorable men?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

archan wrote:IPL snub: Pak threatens to respond in 'befitting manner'

Well, then one hopes that you guys won't be crying for talks anymore? should we expect at least that much from you brave, honorable men?
No, we brave honorable men will be fast-tracking our next plan to murder little Indian girls in their mothers' arms.
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

The former Pakistan Test player Aftab Gul said he was sure "some level" of pressure had been exerted on Indian clubs. But he said the principal fault laid with the Pakistan Cricket Board, which has come in for frequent criticism over its management of the game. "It's all very easy to blame Indians. When there's no rain, sugar or wheat, they are the bogeyman. But I'd like to take stock of what's happening in Pakistan. Our cricket is in tatters," he said.
source
r_subramanian
BRFite

Post by r_subramanian »

A question to experts. Do IAF and Indian Army possess the capability to track and bring down Pak operated drones operating close to Indian borders?
Fidel Guevara
BRFite

Post by Fidel Guevara »

The National Bird of Pakistan strikes again - Neerja Bhanot is avenged.

I guess this RAPE just fell prey to a RAPE (Reaper-Activated Paki Extermination) mission!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 454295.cms
Half of India's population today wasn't born when she died in 1986 in a hail of gunfire on a hijacked plane after courageously saving scores of passengers, a feat for which she was posthumously awarded the Ashoka Chakra in India, Tamgha-e-Insaniyat in Pakistan and the Justice for Crimes Award in the US. Earlier this week, some 24 years after her heroism, one of her killers died a dog's death in the badlands of Pakistan, reportedly shot to pieces in a US drone attack.
Last edited by Fidel Guevara on 21 Jan 2010 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
AnantD
BRFite

Post by AnantD »

A question to experts. Do IAF and Indian Army possess the capability to track and bring down Pak operated drones operating close to Indian borders?
You can shoot down these drones with just about anything. They can only operate unapposed.

You could shoot them down with a rifle sitting in the back of a cargo plane at 15~20,000 ft.

The Russians shot down drones in the Geogia war with short range AAMs, you could easily do it with guns from a fighter. They have NO defence, and fly at 300 mph.

I doubt if the US is giving predator/reaper type drones for surveillance. I would think any surveillance/observation drones that the Pakis get would be smaller and shorter range/duration unarmed versions with very little hi-tech. There are a "lot" of drone models in the US inventory.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

James B wrote:Pakistani army: No new offensive for 6-12 months
The Pakistani army said that it can't launch any new offensives against militants for six months to a year to give it time to stabilize existing gains.
It gives PA more time to consolidate its influence within the TTP and also to focus on its eastern front. Both mean troublr for India and the US.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

The hijackers of the PanAM flight were fighting for the Palestinian cause (in 1986), execute an Indian American and murder an un-armed Indian lady amongst others; While GoI was an over-active supporter of the Palestinian cause during the same time frame (1980's).

This is how Palestinians say "Thank you"; and GoI still continued to support the cause?

What am I missing?

R. Krithivas
KaranR
BRFite -Trainee

Post by KaranR »

James B wrote:Pakistani army: No new offensive for 6-12 months
The Pakistani army said Thursday during a visit by U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates that it can't launch any new offensives against militants for six months to a year to give it time to stabilize existing gains.
The announcement likely comes as a disappointment to the U.S., which has pushed Pakistan to expand its military operations to target militants staging cross-border attacks against coalition troops in Afghanistan. Washington believes such action is critical to success in Afghanistan as it prepares to send an additional 30,000 troops to the country this year.
Army needs some rest. They’re fad up of screwing the Talban, it doesn’t increase the population of Pakistan; 6-12 month Pak’s population will increase.
Confucius says, they really want some more money from Uncle Sam and Kashmir, as otherwise no deal.
I think they need6/12 months time to teach India a lesson for insulting their beloved cricket players. As their pet words,”befitting reply”.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

If they can get visas. Big IF.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

One way to see the recent development would be

GOP has done some 'chance pe dance' by using IPL episode to avoid confrontation with GOI over proceedings of 26/11 trial (I will give benefit of doubt to GOI and for time being presume latest round of chai biskoot were meant to corner the GOP on this issue ). In TSP everyone realizes with time people are bound to forget about the events in past and hence obviously a lesser pressure on GOI from Indian public at large will reflect in its engagement with TSP . So as far as Groper and Co are concerned every opportunity to avoid a face off with GOI in coming months will be grabbed by two hands .
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

milindc wrote:Good find... This filthy beggar shouldn't be allowed to participate in any BCCI event.
So, now its come down to this: Bakistan has been shown low by the Hindu/banias.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

In a new opinion poll, Afghans have rated India as the most favourable foreign country in Afghanistan and have rejected a role for Pakistan in their country.
The opinion poll, commissioned by by BBC, ABC and German TV ARD, also shows a sharp decline in support for the Taliban.

According to the findings, 71 percent of more than 1,500 Afghans questioned endorsed India’s multifarious role in the reconstruction of the strife-torn country.

India was followed by Germany (59 percent), the US (51 percent), Iran (50 percent) and Britain (39 percent). Pakistan was found to be the least popular country, with only two percent of Afghans viewing its role favourably.{Pukistan as usual at the bottom of the list} :lol: :rotfl:
Same new is reported in Washington post but for the obvious reason there is no mention of India.
Poll: 7 in 10 Afghans support US forces