Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Jan. 29, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Jan. 29, 2010

Post by Jarita »

^^^ What a great post CRAMs :lol:
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Muppalla wrote:C'mon guys, it is over. We should stop this immature discussion of abondoning Pak players in IPL. His excelency The Prime Minister Dr. MMS has a different opinion than all of us here. We should now start showing respect and not criticise Dr.Singh. Otherwise we all will be Hindutvavaadis and someone gets twists in the dhothi/lungi/pants and brand the reputation of our respected forum. We need to take care of this extreme sensitive issue with maturity.
What I don't understand is why the Pakis are desperate for talks. Second, do talks really affect our ability to retaliate? What do we talk about? Does our continuing stand to not talk give us some leverage that is otherwise lost? Anger is understandable. Unfortunately we're not yet in a place of power or are unwilling to use overt power to punish TSP for inflicted terrorism. That leaves preventing terrorism. Does talking prevent terrorism? Does it help terrorism? I don't really know the answers but these IMO are the question worth asking. Trading accusations between Indians on who's a western toady or who's hindutvavaadi is a waste of time IMO.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

archan wrote:
Dipanker wrote:Mods,

Many of the links in the first post are broken. Looks like it is a cut & paste issue.
Thanks for pointing that out. I have fixed the ones I saw, if there are any that I missed, please let me know. SSridhar and other mods, please see my post on this in the other forum.
All the links which have ... (three dots) in them are still broken, if you look at them you will know why.
Last edited by Dipanker on 30 Jan 2010 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Those who run TSP should read the Brezinski book and think about it deeply.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Secrecy of U.S. strikes in Pakistan criticized
Several groups in the U.S. have attempted to calculate what percentage of the more than 700 people killed in the drone strikes in Pakistan has been civilians. Without input from Washington, the results have been all over the map, ranging from 98 percent to 10 percent.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:Now lookie who is upset,
Dr Singh upset over Pakistan players' IPL snub
http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/j ... s-snub.htm
Janaab, but pakistan has only withdrawn NOC, hum kya karein?
I never read cricket news in detail except in th morning papers or when I am looking for latest scores. I was intrigued by this news item - and I must admit it made me laugh. Actually the news is very similar to "News" I heard (or did I read it?) yesterday that Kareena Kapoor and Vidya Balan have bought a house in the same neighborhood, but are not on talking terms because they are both in love with some mystery man. :D . The idea of the news item is to tickle the readers/audience and provoke more gossip.

This MMS-Modi news item reads like that "MMS was angry - some say livid" :D and he forced PC to make peace noises towards Paquistany cricketlings and that Modi of IPL was batting for BJP and that the reporter of the cricket news item is reporting in the Sports column that Kangress wants to hit Modi of IPL because they are angry with BJP. To me the news item sounds like trash. This is the sort of gossip that is exchanged by the elite Cricket club member pass holders in the bar of a cricket stadium Pavilion while a test match/one dayer is going on. Or in the bar of the turf club during the Bangalore Derby. That does not mean that MMS is not upset. He may well be upset - I don't know - but the news item makes me laugh. For those who want to join - membership of the Cricket club in Bangalore is closed.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

anjan wrote: What I don't understand is why the Pakis are desperate for talks. Second, do talks really affect our ability to retaliate? What do we talk about? Does our continuing stand to not talk give us some leverage that is otherwise lost? Anger is understandable. Unfortunately we're not yet in a place of power or are unwilling to use overt power to punish TSP for inflicted terrorism. That leaves preventing terrorism. Does talking prevent terrorism? Does it help terrorism? I don't really know the answers but these IMO are the question worth asking. Trading accusations between Indians on who's a western toady or who's hindutvavaadi is a waste of time IMO.
This is how I see it. The Indian government is not like the US president who has extraordinary powers for 4 years when he is President. The India government does have powers - but in the final analysis they have to bend to popular sentiment. For the first time Indian sentiment is firmly anti-Pakistan. "Anti-Pakistan" does not mean (in the Indian context) that Indians wants the GoI to "send in the marines and the B-2s and bomb the crap outta them". That seems to be a very American reaction to national insults even if it is very satisfying to onlookers as long as the party that gets hit is someone we do not like. Indians express anger by words and actions that do not necessarily amount to war. This can never satisfy anyone who expects a "Let's carpet bomb them" reaction.

So while all of India (on average) is not demanding war, they are demanding of the GoI that Pakistan feel Indian displeasure. It is the Indian government that is looking stupid and confused now. IPL is a private affair. If it has national security implications the GoI can step in. If not the GoI has no business making policy for IPL. If Chidambaram makes a statement it will always be read as GoI policy - so he has no business stating a personal opinion unless he makes it clear that it is a personal opinion. But the GoI can only go so far and no further against public sentiment in India.

What the GoI is doing is desperately attempting not to whip up a public frenzy against Pakistan due to any reason. If that happens the GoI may be forced to go to war which they don't want. Now that war may come if Pakistan conducts another 26/11. That is why it would be a great advantage for Pakistan to get SIMI or "Indian Mujahideen" to commit an atrocity now. And of course they can always blame RSS and Col Prohat for killing Indians in a 26/11 type attack to allow India to attack Pakistan.

I feel bad to say this - but it appears that India needs another couple of 26/11 attacks before a sufficient mass of Indians understand what Pakistaniyat means. There may be no alternative to war with Pakistan.
sourab_c
BRFite

Post by sourab_c »

ramana wrote:Those who run TSP should read the Brezinski book and think about it deeply.
Hi, Can you please specify the exact name of the book? There are a lot of books out there on/by Brezinski.

I'd like to get myself a copy.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk\default.asp?page=2010\01\30\story_30-1-2010_pg3_5

Dangerous abyss of perceptions —Farhat Taj
have been writing in these pages that there is a remarkable difference in the perceptions of the people of Pakhtunkhwa, including FATA, and the majority of people in the rest of Pakistan with regard to what drives terrorism in our country. For the latter, it is the US, India and Israel rocking our country with terrorism on the pretext that no Muslim can ever kill fellow Muslims. Whereas the former believe that fellow Muslims in the Pakistani religious-political parties, jihadi organisations, retired and in service generals of the Pakistan army (the real lords of our country), and media Taliban (pro-Taliban journalists and analysts) have created a complex mixture of fanatical, sectarian, anti-civilisation and anti-humanity state of mind among fellow Pakistanis, who are now thoroughly engaged in the genocide of the Pakhtun and replacing the Pakhtun culture with the seventh century Arab tribal culture. The ( Alhamdauilliah, Arabs are the best nation on Earth, the Holy Fathers of all Paki Mards via Qasim's SD blessing ) US, India and Israel may or may not be fishing in troubled waters, but they are certainly not running the deadly show on the Pakhtun lands in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Moreover, the international jihadi forces are fully in alliance with the Pakistani jihadis. The Pakistan Army is engaged in ‘friendly fire’ with the jihadi gangs in which the civilians, poor soldiers of the security forces, especially FC soldiers, policemen and foot soldiers of the Taliban are being killed. This, according to the Pakhtun perception, is in line with the scheme of things of the military-
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Umar Waqar ( Beghairat Begger Dung Beetle' Dream )
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... cent-North
According to the latest statistics available, Islam is spreading at a fast pace especially in America, Europe, India and Russia. The Crescent North refers to the rise of Islamic forces from Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, and Central Asia. Islamic conquerors like Tam-erlane, Sultan Bayazid Yild-irim, Khairuddin Barbarossa, Ghauri and Ghaznavi who changed the course of history belonged to this area. The west confused by the rise of militant Islam in the Middle East has initiated a ‘Long War’ by triggering a Shia-Sunni conflict based on the Iraqi model; not realising that recent history has already set in motion the winds of change, with epoch-making consequences, this time coming from the steppes of Asia or the Crescent North.

. But it is a nuclear power, produces 10 percent of the world’s food, has the most efficient Islamic army, has millions of patriots and has the identity of being the fortress of Islam. Despite the nexus of Indo-US-Israel and 20 to 30 members of NATO to support terrorism in Pakistan; it is still standing.

Today Pakistan is at centre stage of the Crescent North. The rise of Pakistan will be seen when the US and its allies exit Afghanistan. The Taliban will again form government and lay the foundation of real AfPak. Yes, there will be an AfPak; but quite different from the western agenda. The two countries could move towards forming a confederation-like alliance. Hopefully, it will be a regional power of the next decade and may merge into the North Cre-scent to assume a bigger role.
The best course for Muslims of the world is to come to the right path of Islam. The west must stop roaming around in the south; if it really wants a challenge, it should visit the north where the crescent revolution is taking shape.
Last edited by Prem on 30 Jan 2010 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

shiv wrote: This is how I see it. The Indian government is not like the US president who has extraordinary powers for 4 years when he is President. The India government does have powers - but in the final analysis they have to bend to popular sentiment. For the first time Indian sentiment is firmly anti-Pakistan. "Anti-Pakistan" does not mean (in the Indian context) that Indians wants the GoI to "send in the marines and the B-2s and bomb the crap outta them". That seems to be a very American reaction to national insults even if it is very satisfying to onlookers as long as the party that gets hit is someone we do not like. Indians express anger by words and actions that do not necessarily amount to war. This can never satisfy anyone who expects a "Let's carpet bomb them" reaction.

So while all of India (on average) is not demanding war, they are demanding of the GoI that Pakistan feel Indian displeasure. It is the Indian government that is looking stupid and confused now. IPL is a private affair. If it has national security implications the GoI can step in. If not the GoI has no business making policy for IPL. If Chidambaram makes a statement it will always be read as GoI policy - so he has no business stating a personal opinion unless he makes it clear that it is a personal opinion. But the GoI can only go so far and no further against public sentiment in India.

What the GoI is doing is desperately attempting not to whip up a public frenzy against Pakistan due to any reason. If that happens the GoI may be forced to go to war which they don't want. Now that war may come if Pakistan conducts another 26/11. That is why it would be a great advantage for Pakistan to get SIMI or "Indian Mujahideen" to commit an atrocity now. And of course they can always blame RSS and Col Prohat for killing Indians in a 26/11 type attack to allow India to attack Pakistan.

I feel bad to say this - but it appears that India needs another couple of 26/11 attacks before a sufficient mass of Indians understand what Pakistaniyat means. There may be no alternative to war with Pakistan.
Shivji the problem is that the commies, closet-commies and WKKs who run the Indian media don't feel the need to bend to public opinion, and that's the biggest problem. I seriously feel that a large mass of Indians already understands what pakistaniyat means, but without the help of the media which is totally against them , they do not have the power to create a furore and make the government change its stance.

Now ideally this is where elections come in. But in our case the politicians have mastered the art of dividing people on caste and religious lines to make sure that subjects like development and security are always rendered unimportant when it comes to choosing a party or leader. Call me pessimistic but I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. :(
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

ramana wrote:Those who run TSP should read the Brezinski book and think about it deeply.
I would recommend that any assessment of Unkil's predicament over Af-TSP be not just viewed from the Brzezinski-Scowcroft prism, but also factor in the new reality that the people who did 9/11 have now given life to a force that is self-regenerating.

In other words, even if a cold realpolitik based analysis calls for Unkil to cut and run from Afghanistan and pay ransom to TSP, no US government can do this without also finding a way to assure their country that they are safe.

All it would take to rekindle the post 9/11 machismo in the US is for another attack, however small scale, that even has a miniscule connection to TSP.

The people who are recommending policies to Obama know fully well that regardless of what the lefties and Atlanticists, each and every General, Bureaucrat and peon will be drawn and quartered if they are seen to be part of a process that led to another attack.

With each failed attempt by Unkil to bribe the "moderate" Taliban, Unkil gets one step closer to facing up to the contradiction inherent in the attempts to bribe TSP - the people who ISI is closest to are the same people who brought Osama and Zawahiri to the region. Even if Kiya-nahi brings back Zia's ghost back from jahannum he cannot deliver a "moderate" Taliban.

We can stop worrying because these shenanigans are a natural part of the process. When a group gets tired of fighting, the weakest will try to persuade the others to quit. This will work until the enemy gives the next punch.

After that, we will be back to square one.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Dr Singh upset over Pakistan players' IPL snub

No source is named, so take it fwiw.
Sources said he is credited with the view that an "emerging window of opportunity" has been closed and Home Minister P Chidambaram's statement denouncing the decision to exclude Pakistani players from the tournament was made at the behest of the Prime Minister.
Dr Singh wants Board of Control for Cricket in India chief Sharad Pawar to find ways by which they can act against Modi, who is being viewed in government circles as running a BJP agenda to embarrass the government, having suffered at the hands of the Rajasthan Congress leadership -- first Ashok Gehlot, who took him on, and then C P Joshi, who defeated him in the Rajasthan Cricket Board elections.
Last edited by vera_k on 30 Jan 2010 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted. Three Shia Muslim on pilgrimage killed and 5 others injured in what the Police of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan believe is a case of Muslim on Muslim sectarian violence

For a self proclaimed homeland for South Asia’s Muslim the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is certainly an insecure place for minority Muslim sects:

3 Zaireen shot dead in Quetta
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

All it would take to rekindle the post 9/11 machismo in the US is for another attack, however small scale,

That machismo would be a murderous rampage. Perhaps the Americans are too dense and India will have to show that 1+1 equals Pakistan.

But India can't even declaim Mumbai's attack without adding '...but Kashmir is different'.

If India can't get it right now that its ducks are lined up, Pakistan will continue to torment India for the next 62 years.

Save your posts folks, your grandkids can copy and paste them.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sourab_c wrote:
Hi, Can you please specify the exact name of the book? There are a lot of books out there on/by Brezinski.

I'd like to get myself a copy.

Here is a link to the book review thread: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 99#p812499

However its no a simple read. You need to reflect on their assessment and ask why?

Rangudu, have you read it? If not lets talk after you browse.
RamaP
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamaP »

The behavior of Indian English media channels has been pathetic at best w.r.t to this latest Indo-Pak peace and IPL tamasha. In the immediate aftermath of live 26/11 carnage, these media channels could never afford to appear soft on the Pakistan issue because of the overwhelming public sentiment. However, after the Jan 1 full page "Love Pakistan" ad, things are moving in full speed towards another composite dialogue process. All these Indian English media channels were quite desperate to get an "exclusive" one on one interview with the Pakistani FM and PM in the past few days in London. Even during the interview, these anchors sounded almost apologetic for India's behavior and were cosying up to the Pakistanis. Almost all of these private channels have foreign owners and hence one can only speculate about the agenda of these channels.

GOI has made a fool of itself yet again after SeS fiasco by commenting on the IPL auctions. And even in the case of IPL auctions, it was the Indian English media that whipped up the tamasha by showing news headlines like "No Pakistani Players in IPL???" in breaking news. At best, these Indian English media news anchors, with a holier-than-thou attitude and an absolute contempt for differing viewpoints, represent the arrogant and elitist feudals of Indian society.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaP, It looks like there was complicated move already choreographed (move out MKN, bring in SSM etc) and MMS has to retrieve the situation.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

I decided to tune in to the TV last night and saw a 'Left, Right & Centre' debate in NDTV with Siddharth Varadarajan, Sharmila Tagore and Ravi Shankar Prasad on the panel. I could catch only the last moments of the debate on how to deal with Pakistan.

Sidhdharth Varadarajan felt that India was unnecessarily refusing to start the dilogue process. He said, since the time Musharraf announced in January 2002 that Pakistani soil would not be used for terrorism against India , this is the first time it has actually admitted to Pakistani terrorism on India in the Mumbai attack. This was a significant achievement in itself according to him and we must therefore throw them a line. Also, he made a stupendous statement that we should not insist on Hafeez Saeed. Lakhvi was a very senior guy himself and that was good enough. There might not be enough evidence against Hafeez Saeed. When Ravi Shankar Prasad intervened and said the Indian Home Minister has himself said that voluminous information has been given to Pakistan on Hafeez Saeed's direct involvement, Sidharth Varadarajan countered him by saying that even under Vajpayee government, when Hafeez was held under house arrest, he was still meeting his terrorist network. So, he felt that no useful purpose would be served with taking on Hafeez Saeed.

Nidhi Razdan said that all that was fine but asked Sidharth what would happen if there was another attack. He said that India should investigate if it really was from Pakistan and if so, deal with it. He left unsaid, how should India 'deal with it'.

Ms. Tagore's reactions were predictable. She nodded her approval every time Sidharth Varadarajan made a statement and was always advising Prasad how wrong he was. Finally she said that even at the cost of being unpopular, she would say that India cannot demand Pakistan to give a guarantee that no terrorist attack would take place here (or words to that effect). India must be prepared.

The crowd applauded for the statements of Ravi Shankar Prasad, Sidharth Varadarajan and Ms. Tagore. I really could not understand what they thought.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Sorry if this was posted before: This Pakistani lady's blog: she finally started seeing a few things:
CHUP! – Changing Up Pakistan
. After visiting Liberation War Museum in Dhaka.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Amber G. wrote:Sorry if this was posted before: This Pakistani lady's blog: she finally started seeing a few things:
Kalsoom

I don’t even have to cut paste my comments from Tariq’s post. Some reader have raised the question why most Pakistanis are still not aware of dark realities behind the creation of Bangladesh
Answer is very simple; most of our history text book (especially taught in schools) from the days of Zia ul Haq have either been completely changed or modified with their authors presenting the most ridiculous fact and figures promoting superficial glory of Islam, our mighty army with their ever delusional state of mind (the strongest muslim army in the world, the last standing legion against the hordes of infidels), how gora with its cunning sinister evil plans overthrew the great Mughal empire (again not highlighting the aftermaths of Aurungzeb’s brutal regime) and last but not the least how a sinister Indian regime with the help of Mukti Bahni, was able to cut Pakistan into pieces without ever highlighting the role West Pakistani establishment and its totally oppressive stance towards Bengalis. Bangladesh may have come into existence in 1971 but the process started in 1947.
Also our own elders, our dadas tayas nanis dadis must be equally blamed for not sharing the true picture of 1971. Our buzurgs who despite witnessing everything either remain indifferent/ point fingers at ZAB/accuse Indians for that fiasco.
Hamud ur rehman commission report with its actual facts never came out. There are no text books history books journals no documentaries available. Hence our state of ignorance leading to the state of utter and complete denial about our history, role of establishment and its backers, our ideology, friends and foes.
Kalsoom even now Punjabis are still defiant in stubbornly defending their role for ‘71 events. Forget apologizing, they don’t even want to acknowledge their blunders.
Welcome to the doomed republic of Pakistan

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Amber G. wrote:Sorry if this was posted before: This Pakistani lady's blog: she finally started seeing a few things:
Someone please send this link to Angana Chatterji or is it Sarmila Bose?
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

SS ji Siddharth Vardarajan can afford to make ostensible intelligent statements for its been more than a year since 26/11 took place now every peacemonger can come out of the woodwork and talk about re-initiating the dialogue process and I am afraid to admit that people at large will endorse such views and to be honest we cannot complain about it for this is but human nature .

India's case is akin to the guy in a bar room brawl who after getting hit yelps "Ok hit me another time and I will..." and then "Wham" again "Hit me another ..." circus continues . :lol:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Shiv-> After seeing all this do you still doubt these guys are not Indians and they do not know the truth about Pakistan or do not recognise it?, They have thier Visa arrangements in the West and are out to weaken India as per thier masters orders. these guys agenda is to make money in India. I can bet most of these have houses in foreign countries and are ready to dump the country and run if things become difficult. They have been trying thier best to sabotage this country, thats all, it is just India has been too strong for them.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

Govt only for measured, "meaningless" talks with Pak
NEW DELHI: As verbal skirmishes between Indian and Pakistan intensified, New Delhi has ruled out resumption of the composite dialogue process. However, a small window for engagement was left open with senior officials suggesting some measured communication with the neighbour.

India was clear that there cannot be any meaningful dialogue until Pakistan acts against the choreographers of the Mumbai attack.

But at the same time, the official admitted that no relationship can be static and that could be some measured communication between the countries.

Asked what kind of issues can be discussed in absence of composite dialogue framework, the official said issues of fishermen, prisoners and people-to-people contact can be taken up.
IIRC, our ex High Commissioner to Pak in the 2003-06 era was always for open people to people contact and an easy, "liberal" visa regime. After the July 11 , 2006 blasts, we started the Track 2 process in around a month's time. Though, it was done after making it sure that action against " LeT " was promised from that side.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

shiv wrote:
Someone please send this link to Angana Chatterji or is it Sarmila Bose?
The author of the blog states that she is a former student of the infamous Sarmila Bose, and knows what she is worth in one of her comments.
Kalsoom wrote: 5. Sarmila Bose was a former professor of mine, and believe me I know how tilted her work was first hand. Don’t you dare quote her to me.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted. Excerpt from Home Minister P. Chidambaram’s interview by TOI dealing with Hafiz Saeed, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan's reluctance to deal speedily with them:
'We have given so much evidence to Pak that even an SHO can start a probe'

30 January 2010, 11:14am IST

Pakistan has said this earlier and is saying again that India hasn't given enough evidence linking Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed to the 26/11 Mumbai attacks...

This is something that I am finding tiresome . If a government keeps its eyes closed even when presented with evidence repeatedly, what can be done apart from raising the matter over and over again? Even apart from the information (given) by Ajmal Kasab (the lone survivor of the Lashkar hit squad), we know that the US has shared some material with India and Pakistan. It has been shared with Pakistan and should goad them to act. Maybe, Pakistan prime minister Yousuf Gilani does not yet know what his ministers do. With the evidence we have given to Pakistan even an station officer can begin an investigation.

Gilani has insisted that the evidence against Saeed is not enough to nail him.

Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi (arrested by Pakistan) is only one of the masterminds responsible for what happened. Just as we know who they are. Pakistan also knows who they are and what they did. Should not Pakistan at least investigate and take that to a logical conclusion? But I don't see anyone; neither PM Gilani , nor foreign minister Mahmood Qureshi nor interior minister Rahman Malik have shown any inclination to do so, by what we have seen in the media.

Pakistan's leaders say they are too engrossed in their fight against terror to be involved in any attack on India .

I really don't see how they can say this. How can any responsible government take this position? Who will be responsible to check such attacks? You will see the absurdity of the argument if I turn it around. If India were to say that it is not responsible for any attack on Pakistan from its soil, how would that sound? The fundamental principle of international relations is that you are accountable for what happens in your territory.

Times Of India
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Reg the MMS being Livid stuff:
No source is named, so take it fwiw.
Honestly, cant expect names to be taken when directly quoting the PM, Rajmata etc.

So, i would assume that MMS is indeed unhappy ( just like he went into a sulk after the countrywide blasting he got for SeS which eventually led to ouster of MKN and incoming of man friday, SSM)
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

nachiket wrote: Now ideally this is where elections come in. But in our case the politicians have mastered the art of dividing people on caste and religious lines to make sure that subjects like development and security are always rendered unimportant when it comes to choosing a party or leader. Call me pessimistic but I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. :(
Unfortunately, this is where elections do not come in. We should not assume India is a democracy unless we have a paper trail for the voting process. One is forced to post an unpleasant reminder once in a while. As wise man Stalin said, "those who cast votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything".

We are screwed onlee. Pls see relevant thread in Tech and Economy forum.
Last edited by Pranav on 30 Jan 2010 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

US must hand over drone expertise to Pak: Haqqani
Washington, Jan.30 (ANI): Reiterating Islamabad's consistent demand of having the drone technology, Pakistan's Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani has urged the Obama administration to provide it the technical expertise to enable it to take stern action against militants inside Pakistan's territory .

"Pakistan would rather have the technical expertise with which it can combat militants on its border with Afghanistan than have the US fire missiles into Pakistani territory. The government of Pakistan has repeatedly said that it would like to have the capability to identify :?: the targets on ground," Haqqani said.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Dilbu wrote:Who exactly are these No.2 track morons? Babus working after office hours as non state actors or is it TOIlet-Dung etc?
can we use RTI to get information on this? Or is this off limits...
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

9 killed in Bajaur Agency suicide blast

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=97455

CNN-IBN is reporting that 16 people have been killed.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

In the Bajaur Agency, the Taliban have re-established in the last few months.
viveks
BRFite

Post by viveks »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 516814.cms

:D :D :D :D :D :-o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terrorism...climate change...ahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

at least the tide has turned on aman ki tamasha, the majority of janata comments are now sticking it up their collective musharrafs
TOI wallahs if you are reading this, chullu bhar paani bharke doob maro, you should be ashamed of yourselves
Dung wallahs if you are reading this, start queuing outside unkil embassy for your visa to emigrate, the remaining mud huts and canvas tents of your nation are about to implode
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

US continues to get information of terror attacks on India
The US continues to receive information about terrorist groups planning attacks against India the State Department has said and advised its nationals to be alert during their travel to the country in the coming months.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Aditya_V wrote:Shiv-> After seeing all this do you still doubt these guys are not Indians and they do not know the truth about Pakistan or do not recognise it?, They have thier Visa arrangements in the West and are out to weaken India as per thier masters orders. these guys agenda is to make money in India. I can bet most of these have houses in foreign countries and are ready to dump the country and run if things become difficult. They have been trying thier best to sabotage this country, thats all, it is just India has been too strong for them.
Aditya, there are a lot of statements there

1) "These guys" -(which guys?)
2) They are not Indians
3) They have visa arrangements in the west
4) They are out to weaken India as per their master's orders
5) Their agenda is to make money in India
6) They have houses in foreign countries
7) They are ready to dump and run if things "get difficult"
8) They are trying to sabotage India

To be honest I am unable to reach any judgement because I am not sure who "these guys" are.

And continuing with the idea of being frank - if the above 8 points were the plot of a movie - I would laugh at it' More seriously 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 could all be true of perfectly innocent people, including many Indian patriots, or at least Indophiles.

That leaves us with 1, 4 and 8. "These guys" who are out to weaken India as per their masters orders and are trying to sabotage India. Perhaps if you named the people I could try and understand what you mean. I sometimes sit back and think - "What can I do to sabotage India?" - and I find that it's not that simple. There this little problem of a billion other Indians who have their own plans for India who are essentially telling me "You got plans for India? But we have some too and you need to stand in the queue and work your way up"

Apart from Pakistan I am not sure who "these guys" are. If you mean Siddharth Varadarajan, Angana Chatterji and Sarmila Bose - give me a break while I laugh my guts out. They are just another bunch of noisy Indians and a reminder that nothing good comes by itself. You have to work for it. There will always be oiseaules. You have to do what you can to mitigate their effect. One is allowed to be angry with opponents, but do not be unrealistic about their power and do not be afraid of them.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The tragedy is that we in India,the GOI,react with servility after each terror attack from Pak,in the mistaken belief that more interaction with Paki individuals,who are genuine about peace between our two countries,journos,intellectuals,artists,etc.,will make a difference in Pak and change the attitude of their rulers.This is a false assumption.The real rulers of Pak are the military who care a hoot about their own peacemakers and use them to confuse the Indian govt. and the Indian nation.We actually display the virtues of a dog that has benen repeatedly thrashed by its master and keeps on wagging its tail,cringing in behaviour,hoping that its master will throw a few crumbs to it if it displays such a "non-violent" attitude! In real fact,only if it threatens to bite or bites its violent master,will its master be more careful and considerate in treating his dog.I do not see any chance that under our good doctor and peddlar of snake-oil and the "peace" pipe,will we display any other vritue other than that of the cringing dog.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Acharya wrote:
Kalsoom

I don’t even have to cut paste my comments from Tariq’s post. Some reader have raised the question why most Pakistanis are still not aware of ........<SNIP>
Now which one of you wrote this in the commenta section:
on January 27, 2010 at 8:33 am | Reply Lal Brof.
Ij there a Razakar/Pak fauj moojeum in Pak-e-watan to the mind-boggling invasion of India by 93,000 of the tallest, fairest members of the Arabo-Turkic martial race and occupation thereof for 2 whole years?

The Dhaka moojeum must be a short, dark place serving rice I am soor.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Shiv-> By these guys I mean media controllers and media with unusal love for Pakis, WKK having influence, certain Bollywood personalities loving Pakis, lefties in NGO's with influence, Certain Polticos loving Pakis and Babus , judicary having a certain agenda.

I was never talking about NRI's in general, many of whom are very patriotic, minorities who are very patriotic in this country.

I am not afraid of them I am just trying to state that people here are trying to argue with them which is an absolute waste of time since it is not thier bbusiness to care about the truth , "lets send so and so article and see what they will comment on it" will have no effect, they will not comment and will ignore because they have a set agenda, like NDTV, Like CPI(M) etc. what is inconvienient will be ignored, the only explaination for thier behaviour is that they do not care if Indians die, they have no interest in Indian development, but have full interest in earning thier salary from vested interests.
Last edited by Aditya_V on 30 Jan 2010 17:38, edited 2 times in total.