India-Australia News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hasmukh
BRFite -Trainee

Re: India-Australia News and Discussion

Post by hasmukh »

As someone who is living in Canberra from last 6 years but still carrying Indian passport and having traveled outback NSW ie Dubbo, Orange, Wagga Wagga, Nowra etc here are my 2 cents:

Most Australians are not racist but ones who are, unfortunately are in substantial numbers especially in outback and dangerously are proud of that.Case in point is many cars will have stickers like "f*** off we are full" etc, there is a facebook group with same name and has close to 54000 members and what's important most members are of under 25 year old group and racism here is not male domain , young females are very much part of it , just few weeks back saw a lady (appered well off) was shouting abusively at other Indians at car park . Indians are called curry munchers or simple curry and they think that's not racist. Australian police can leave even Bollywood police far behind. Last time I called them they ARRIVED 2 hours later so they are as good as anyone's guess. As far as Indian retaliating the answer is no way, you see having heavy dose Gandhism in our DNA have made us to what we are , Perhaps it's time for Savarkarism, lol . Meanwhile in few years I have lived here I have been through been called " F** ARAB" "Sand Nigger" "U dirty MOOSELIMB" as well lovely description of "the black guy" which my lovely 40 something landlady addresses me when talking with her friends and it's difficult to do anything as getting accommodation is really difficult especially if you are non white fella. Never mind the stories told to me by my taxi driver Indian friends, THE END RESULT IS MANY INDIANS ESPECIALLY NEW ARRIVALS ARE ALIENATED LOT AND USUALLY REFER TO LOCALS AS GORAS AND FIRANGI LACED WITH CHOICEST PUNJABI EXPLETIVES.
NO GOOD MATE, LOL

More PROOF

Most attackers of Indians in Australia are youth

"http://beta.thehindu.com/news/article94004.ece"

Facebook group urging Indians to leave oz

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/techno ... -mrow.html

and here goes the king of them all especially read comments

Now listen here India

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/now ... 5820585643

Need more Proof
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Wokay I have been following this thread right from ze day this whole mess started and my 2 cents:

I have been in oz for 7 years now came to do undergrad after year 12 and have done about 12 different jobs everything from maccas to factory work in the first two years of me study.

Racism most definitely exists in pretty much all facets of oz society yes its mostly the misguided young ones who are at this particular forefront but that is no excuse...while I do have heaps of oz friends from different backgrounds I also at the same time have experienced all sorts of racism either through personal or through aquaintances.

The key is why do we let it happen...why do we just do nothing and shout abt it...the freakin yehudis beat the crap out of their so called neighbours to survive and thrive then what stops us...yes I know people will say but when ur a student...well I was a student for three and half freaking years and not just me most of me mates were in the same boat too...but that should just not stop you...give it back as good as you get! Respect here unfortunately is just not gonna be given bcoz of the the level of hate and the ostrich attitude we need to take it and take it forcefully if we have to! And to those who will say "huh so what did u do huh?" well I can assure you been in enough number of arguments/tussles/fights over the race issue they wont learn freaking teach em!

During me study years the main difference that I found was collectively as a group (yes we were mainly a bunch of kuffr yindoos who mixed up with the local populace to an extent) we tried to keep the focus on academics and going for jobs in our respective fields...it was not at all easy but then again what is, today though I can be proud that each an every one of me kuffr mates has got a job that he/she are darn proud off and is good enough to rub it into any local's face :twisted:

We absolutely need to stop going for cookery and hairstyling courses go for the more complicated academic courses its harder I can assure you but the end result is a lot better going from personal experience.

People say oh there are all these dodgy universities, well it should also be our responsibility to do our own research in selecting university do not go for the quick ones as you will end up in the arse end of things. Everytime I take a cab and see if it a fellow kuffr the first thing I ask is if you are a resident and have done a degree then why the hell are u driving a freakin cab? Go after a job in your field its hard but if me and a whole bunch of others can do it whats stopping u???

This racism issue is not gonna go away by itself, yindoos in oz need to take the initiative to make it go away!

I am not trying to incite hate in any way, however after being here for 7 years and experiencing everything patience is not my forte anymore...
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

I lived in Oz for 5 yrs during the years of Keatings must have recession.

Lived in Sydney which by and large is more cosmopolitan than the Victorian backwaters
had 2 racist incidents in the 5 yrs

which considering the brutal recession was low.

friends in melbourne, brisbane had it worse although Perth pretty much took the cake.

Still have a lot of good Aussie friends who are just as frustrated at whats happening. (although I believe its still mostly Victoria which is having the most incidents)
The only thing I would advise folks is not to take unnecessary risks for a few dollars.

Late night I would always use a cab -
and I would rather get down at Town hall and walk up the well lit Oxford street, rather than get down at Central and cut across lonelier streets.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Australian mine deals beckon Indian firms
http://telegraphindia.com/1100125/jsp/b ... 025346.jsp
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

vera_k wrote:I have noticed people using Australia as a gateway to immigrate to the USA. The way this works is that people become Australians first and then take up jobs in the USA using the E-3 visa. It's more a way to get around US immigration restrictions in this case, than about any deficiency in their qualifications as such.
This is true in the case of engineering professions as well as IT. It takes 2 yrs of formal postgraduate study in engg/IT to be eligible for Permanent Migration in Aus, this eventually leads to Dual Citizenship (Indian & Aus citizen) within 5-6 yrs of going to Aus as a student. Contrast this with the US, where greencard procedures are far more protracted, it takes atleast 6-7 years for an Indian to obtain greencard in US. Hence it takes only half the time to immigrate in Aus than in US!
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Aus PM's nephew protests against attacks on Indians
Melbourne, Jan 26 (PTI) Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's artist-activist nephew was today fined for offensive behaviour as he dressed up in Ku Klux Klan outfit to protest racism at a demonstration outside the venue of Australian Open.

Van Rudd, who is the son of Prime Minster's brother Malcom Rudd and another man staged a protest outside the Rod Laver Arena against the recent spate of violence against Indians in Melbourne.

The protest from Van Rudd came after eight men were arrested for bashing of two Indian students overnight.

Carrying banners "Let the refugees in" and "no racist attacks on Indians", Rudd and the other man refused to move from the lawn outside the arena, saying they were protesting because the Australian Government refused to acknowledge that attacks on Indians were racist and that locking up asylum seekers was wrong.

Their protest came on what the group branded "Australia Day/Invasion Day".
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Raju wrote:
SwamyG wrote:By focusing on Lebanese; isn't the discussion in Australia turned towards the topic of immigration in more comprehensive manner? They have plenty of land, is only the coastal regions inhabitable ? The population boom in Asia is sure to spread the Asians around. Just more takleef to the racists among the Caucasians.
Exactly SwamyG, something sinister is afoot.
You guessed it! IMHO, this thing has got a lot of geopolitical strings! Our panda friends to the east have a lot to gain if all the Yindoos clear'orf from Oz! They can fill the vacant student (and hence vacant petrol station and kitchen hand job) positions with their youngsters, expanding their overseas presence, 2 decades from now, this would result in panda controlling the entire Asia Pacific coast this side of the Pacific! This is because countries like V'Nam, I'nesia and Ph'penes do not have our clout and are small fry for China. By getting rid of the desi, they consolidate their grip pretty easily: politically, culturally and eventually demographically. Already, I witness more goras eating with chopsticks (BTW, let me tell u it is very inconvenient and trying based on first hand experience :eek: ) than with forks/spoons. Add to this, the high and mighty Mandarin speaking PM and his merry bandwagon of Cheena appeasers and you have a vicious chop-suey on the boil! It is already a pretty well known fact in covert circles that overseas ****** (recently moved out of cheena) are used as spies or humint assets, please check out relevant geopolitical thread for evidence of the same.

As far as desis bieng harrassed or bullied to speak in angrezi in public rather than their native tongue, let me tell you that the ***** crowd *ONLY* and i repeat *ONLY* speaks in chinese/cantonese/viet, so why this language bias only toward desis is something I am not able to figure out!

BTW, I have been in Aus for the last 3 yrs now, so my observations are all first hand and objective.

Careful with your language - JE Menon
hasmukh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hasmukh »

Hmmm , same old wine in new bottle

Here's latest

Indians bashed, five men charged

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 5823768901
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

As per Sun News , india has issued warnings to students going to aus and has asked to avoid the place as much as possible
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Mark11
29 January 2010 18:00:33
I work as a security guard in Australia...all job applications have to be done through me...out of all the races I have to deal with Indians have the highest proportion of arrogant people who talk down to everyone and try to throw their weight around. I truly hope most of you do stay at home so that I don't have to deal with your bad attitude anymore. But then again 9 year old girls would have to watch out for themselves wouldn't they.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Maybe I am spending too much time on BRF; I simply can not admit that this is all simply related to racial takleef.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Yup SwamyG, got to go with you on that... There is something extremely fishy about this one. It looks like an early low-cost move with long-term strategic position in mind. Vely well orchestrated though, if that is indeed the case. Guys in Ozland, keep eyes peeled and ears to the ground...
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/675 ... insurance/

I'll admit that the first time I read of this particular attack, my first thought was if this was actually done by a group of "South Asians". Reason being that setting people on fire is not a common means of assault (a.k.a. practically unknown) by Westernized or Pacific Islander type thugs. Knifing and bludgeoning is more their style.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SMK racking it up a notch?

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/foreign_ ... -+India%29

India to examine whether Oz is delivering safety promises
NDTV Correspondent, Wednesday February 3, 2010, New Delhi

The Indian Foreign Ministry has called its High Commissioner to Australia, Sujata Singh, to New Delhi for consultations about the attacks against Indians in Australia.

Sources say the Indian High Commissioner is expected in Delhi from the 10th to the 16th of February. Singh is expected to brief the government on what the Australian government is doing to protect Indians.

Last month, India's Foreign Minister met his Australian counterpart, Stephen Smith, in London. Smith assured Krishna that his government was taking the repeated attacks against Indians seriously. Among the safety measures that Smith promised: more policemen to patrol areas where Indian students live, especially in Melbourne.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

B.Raman tweets
No reports of attacks on Pakistanis, Afghans, Sri Lankans or Bangladeshis. Indians seem to be picked up & attacked---more from Punjab. Why?
8:46 AM Jan 29th from web
If jealousy is the cause, why no Chinese have been attacked? If racism is the cause, why no other South Asian has been attacked?
8:43 AM Jan 29th from web
Intriguing that very few students from south seem to have been attcked in Australia. Is this correct? If so, why?
8:41 AM Jan 29th from web
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Kanson wrote:B.Raman tweets
No reports of attacks on Pakistanis, Afghans, Sri Lankans or Bangladeshis. Indians seem to be picked up & attacked---more from Punjab. Why?
8:46 AM Jan 29th from web
If jealousy is the cause, why no Chinese have been attacked? If racism is the cause, why no other South Asian has been attacked?
8:43 AM Jan 29th from web
Intriguing that very few students from south seem to have been attcked in Australia. Is this correct? If so, why?
8:41 AM Jan 29th from web
I will answer your question one at a time:

1.There is a very small demographic of Pakis,Afghans and Banladeshis.Substantially there is a good proportion of Nepalese students and they dont escape the wrath either.I remember 2 yrs back when my roomie(a Nepalese) was robbed at a train station while i was a spectator in the train.However most of the Afghans and Nepalese kids who come to Victoria are on AusAid/Govt scholarship for students from developing countries thus they get accommodation and study allowance plus travel tickets.This makes them unlikely to work as there are high academic expectations from them and are don't have to worry about fees and rent etc.Thus they are less likely to be seen working in dangerous jobs at late hours of the night when attacks do take place.

3.Again majority of the Indian students are from Punjab,Haryana as they are seeking a pathway to residency.Students from the south tend to go to massa as there are genuine work opportunities. The students from Punjab and Haryana tend to study petty vocational courses such as hairdressing,horticulture,cookery as they satisfy the residency requirements in the shortest time frame(18 months).They dont fetch a degree but simply a certificate.Most of the college/institutions these kids attend are run by either the chinese,japanese or indian businessman and are literally selling the certificates.When the kids are sent from des,the agents here tell them that u can work and cover the costs.It is not the case,as you are only allowed 20 hrs/week.Hence they take up dangerous jobs(security/fast food/convenience stores) below the minimum wage to work illegally for longer hours by not having to report their income.Thus they are vulnerable to such crimes.

The Chinese kids coming into study in oz are relatively well off and even drive fancy new cars and stay in their cohorts in predominantly chinese infested areas.They don't venture out to work in such jobs since they have a good source of part-time employment in form of small family businesses run by existing chinese migrants which are in large numbers.There is a relatively small Indian family/entrepreneurial population.

All in all its a scam being run very much in India by agents and these dodgy colleges hand in hand.It is nothing but human trafficking taking place.Most of these students come from poor backgrounds and hope to make it big on the basis of advice given by agents operating in these regions due to the lack of an official IDP centre in the north.
hasmukh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hasmukh »

B Raman is talking from top of his head.
Anyways, Afghans, Bangladeshis , Sri Lankans and all other South asians are miniscule in numbers compared to Indians, and for why south Indians were not attacked the reason is that mostly I hardly ever came across them ,there are few Telugus of lately but still hardly anyone from other states, It's like asking why not anyone from sikkim or tripura have been attacked, plus most south Indians are coming from relatively well off background and are enrolled in universities instead of small time colleges and don't have to drive cabs or do odd jobs for survival plus have high percentage sorry to say Gungadin types,
Why chinese are not attacked ,

Direct personal diatribe against a former GOI official edited out - JE Menon
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

^ No need to shout. ;)
Arihant
BRFite

Post by Arihant »

So the latest from Australian media is that Indians are doing it to themselves - this based on one murder of an Indian youth in rural NSW being attributed to 3 people of Indian origin, and the police allegation that the guy who got burnt in Melbourne inflicted the burns on himself to claim insurance money ...

A grand exercise in obfuscation...
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Well if it is only Punjabis from India that are being attacked then we don't need to worry at all! as they will sooner or later figure it out for permanent residency of Australia.

Other indian communities (especially Gujaratis) who are in substantial numbers do not get involved in any type of politics (day to day dealing with others about their issues) at any level (even their own Home owner's associations).

Desis who are living anywhere must do following for the long term benifits.

1. Always Vote in the local elections (HOA presidents, Judge, Police, Councillor, Representative, etc)., for many of these voting rights you do not need to have "Green Card", "Citizenship" , etc. As long as you are paying taxes and working you are entitled to the votes. Don't be scared to just barge in and try to vote. They will let you know if you are allowed or not.

2. Regularly attend the meetings at each level and raise concerns or voice their opinions.

3. Use the freely available stuff as provided by the local government. (Guns are allowed in USA and you have free State Gamelands where you can practice shooting., Semi-Autos are allowed but auto or with silencer automatically becomes a felony)., use this right.

4. Contact your local legislator., for any of the issues (even if you need to sponsor somebody (for travel, etc) in India to come to USA., get a letter from the councillor).

We Desis give way too much importance to gathering more and more money and not enough to simple stuff like protecting your ethos, basic values and rights.

and BTW... IMHO.. Indians have not other options but to migrate in huge numbers to other countries., for long term survival of their nation.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

This is new -

http://emsnews.wordpress.com/2010/02/02 ... owerhouse/
Ian
February 4, 2010 at 1:34 am
DoesItMatter,

Are you an Indian national?

Until India learns to behave well in the international arena, it will stay a million years behind China, remaining a borderline third world pariah state. The complete rubbish spouted by Indian politicians (including the Foreign Minister) and the Indian media in recent weeks that white Australians were murdering Indian students was offensive, puerile and demented. The murders were committed by other Indian nationals in our country and the various Australian polices forces have charged the criminals.

What possible value was there for India to stir up this sort of vile racist trouble? Domestic politics? A bargaining chip to get Australia to sell uranium to India, despite their refusal to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? Sell more newspapers?
Or just a chip on the shoulder? Or that Australia and China have a good long term relationship that improves year by year? Completely insane.

The relationship between India and Australia has been severely damaged by Indian politicians and the Indian media and may take decades to repair. Meanwhile, the Chinese value our hospitality and trade.

We’re still waiting for an apology from the Indian Foreign Minister – we’re not holding our breath.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

SBajwa wrote:Well if it is only Punjabis from India that are being attacked then we don't need to worry at all! as they will sooner or later figure it out for permanent residency of Australia.

Other indian communities (especially Gujaratis) who are in substantial numbers do not get involved in any type of politics (day to day dealing with others about their issues) at any level (even their own Home owner's associations).

Desis who are living anywhere must do following for the long term benifits.

1. Always Vote in the local elections (HOA presidents, Judge, Police, Councillor, Representative, etc)., for many of these voting rights you do not need to have "Green Card", "Citizenship" , etc. As long as you are paying taxes and working you are entitled to the votes. Don't be scared to just barge in and try to vote. They will let you know if you are allowed or not.

2. Regularly attend the meetings at each level and raise concerns or voice their opinions.

3. Use the freely available stuff as provided by the local government. (Guns are allowed in USA and you have free State Gamelands where you can practice shooting., Semi-Autos are allowed but auto or with silencer automatically becomes a felony)., use this right.

4. Contact your local legislator., for any of the issues (even if you need to sponsor somebody (for travel, etc) in India to come to USA., get a letter from the councillor).

We Desis give way too much importance to gathering more and more money and not enough to simple stuff like protecting your ethos, basic values and rights.

and BTW... IMHO.. Indians have not other options but to migrate in huge numbers to other countries., for long term survival of their nation.

1 Foreign nationals irrespective of Permanent residency cannot participate in any form of voting whether for local councils or state/federal elections.You mus be a citizen and a resident in your constituency.

2 Unfortunately few Indians are turning up to these.MP's both state and federal hold monthly community interaction sessions.

3 Guns,owning or procuring a license again is only permitted to legal permanent residents(students are temporary).Besides getting a license it heaps costly.

Acharya,ignore that dumbwit !
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

mmasand wrote:
Acharya,ignore that dumbwit !
Dont worry. My brother in law is in Melbourne, I get first hand reports. Will be visiting Australia soon.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

^^ Aussie racists and its govt. should have been thrown in the pit by GoI on the international fora after the type of attitude they have adopted regarding Indians in Australia. GoI foreign policy is incredibly weak for some reason since last 50 years or so ! I think that is because of inward looking tendency of Indian people. Remember Graham Staines episode and international media esp. from Australia and their cohorts just jumped on India and pushed us towards the wall. So what stops us from doing the same ! or perhaps I should say India dont have any friends who will accompany us not even NAM nations !! I guess most of the countries are fearful about rise of India along with China and despise us to the core. They will encourage any human/inhuman tactic available to keep India/China on backseat.
Some junkhead aussie even arguing that India is doing this to get Uranium ! what crap are Aussie's giving it for free ! nobody out of pacific ocean even knows a Aussie export except Cheese, milk and minerals. What do they have ! burning desert with Ozone hole ! they believe that they can be next USA with this racist attitude in 21st Century !
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Acharya wrote: Dont worry. My brother in law is in Melbourne, I get first hand reports. Will be visiting Australia soon.
Acharya saar, if u do end up in melbourne please look us up.

Anand.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

mmasand, is nt there a huge contingent of SLankans, both Sinhalese and Tamils, in Oz? I thought there were some no-go areas for the whites in some SL Tamil areas.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

SBajwa wrote:and BTW... IMHO.. Indians have not other options but to migrate in huge numbers to other countries., for long term survival of their nation.
Can't agree more than 400% !!! Increase the global foot print.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

SwamyG wrote:
SBajwa wrote:and BTW... IMHO.. Indians have not other options but to migrate in huge numbers to other countries., for long term survival of their nation.
Can't agree more than 400% !!! Increase the global foot print.
2 places we must have right amount of ownership, Aussiland and popular Visa place for Pakis.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

andy B wrote:
Acharya wrote: Dont worry. My brother in law is in Melbourne, I get first hand reports. Will be visiting Australia soon.
Acharya saar, if u do end up in melbourne please look us up.

Anand.
How to contact you. Give me your locator
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Aussiland and popular Visa place for Pakis
Nah.. Sort of disagree. Aussieland and Canuckistan are dogs /poodles. The way you deal with the dogs is to give them a hard kick / or a swift use of the stick if they bark at you , or you talk to the master and tell him to tie up the dawgs.

Talking is with people, not dogs. Put Canuckistan and Rooland in cold storage and shut them out. The Chinese will put them in their place and kick them. They will come crawling to us after that. We can kick them hard too after that. Look at Kevin Rudd and how he come crawling after the Chinese gave them some "tough love" over the Rio Tinto affair.

Listen. Canada atleast with it's proximity to the US has something to offer. Australia is just a "White Saudi Arabia" . Saudi Arabia pumps out oil and is rich. Australia digs up minerals under it's soil puts them on somebody else's ships and is rich. That is all . A vast country with 20million people and orders of more sheep. Nothing great about it. It has invented nothing. Can invent nothing , and basically is just worthless other than for it's raw materials.

I really dont believe this "raw material" / "resource race" story. I would believe that alternates/substitutions will come about and the markets will work ( just look up the history of Nitrates / Haber Bosch Process/ Brit lockdown on nitrate supplies for an example). It is fool hardy to fight with the Chinese to lock down Australia. Those two deserve each other. Let them be.

India should focus it's energies on innovation and substitutes . We really have no use for Australia and it's minerals. Anything that it offers, we should be able to buy from multiple sources. Without that we will be handling leverage from the middle eastern oil types to the Roolanders. Between the two it is difficult to know who is more boorish and uncouth, they are evenly matched.

As for "Australian Education" , let us get away from that myth. If there is anything in Australia that is ranked within the global top ten in anything in education, I'd like to hear about it.

And let us not forget that despite all the protestations about democracy , courts, and the White UK/European background, Australia is made from the dregs of UK Stan.

It is all a matter of difference. Look at the folks who went on the Mayflower and folks like William Penn (quakers, mennonites and other conscentious objectors) and they set up a great country whose founding fathers declared
"We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal and that their creator has endowed them with certain inalienable rights ........
(Yeah, yeah, I know that many of those fine gentlemen were slave owners and some of them had slaves in brutal and apalling conditions, but then the ideal was there , even if reality was a bit different)

Australia on the other hand is congenitally racist. As a country it was formed in 190X thereabouts , close to 125 odd years after the US became independent from the same colonial brits. Here, after a century, where you would express "progress" the founding fathers declare
The doctrine of equality of man was not meant to apply to the equality of an Englishman and a Chinaman!
and one of the first acts of the Aussie parliament was to establish the "White Australia" Act! :rotfl:

Just look at the difference between the people in US Congress who made that declaration, the folks in the Indian Consitution's drafting committe .. The founding fathers of those countries and those of Australia. The difference cannot be more stark. One one hand, you have extremely civilized,educated, cultured and principled people (US, India etc) and you have a bunch of barely civilized and wholly uncouth bunch of "hicks", most of them barely educated (both literally and in the wider sense of the term) and who would barely rise above the bottom anywhere other than in the clositered/closed Australia.

The difference is really in the basics.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:mmasand, is nt there a huge contingent of SLankans, both Sinhalese and Tamils, in Oz? I thought there were some no-go areas for the whites in some SL Tamil areas.
They migrated many years back and live in separate pockets of Sinhalese and Tamils.Although they have integrated many years back when there was a smaller demographic of migrants.Remember they earned sympathy when they came as most were Tamils assylum seekers.The Sinhalese were again displaced from LTTE dominated areas.It is only the Indians which have to take the longest route to residency as rules were tightened after 2000.There is no such no go area for whites honestly as most are working populations.In fact they are settled in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne which is known to be the well off side of town.

The Chinese had their share of violence too in the mid 1990's post the infamous Pauline Hanson remark that Asians(Chinese) were not wanted in the country.I would say there was far more violence then,but media was not well penetrated then.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Vina saar, Aussieland is a very convenient place for yindoos to try sweeping demographical change. It is a well known fact that Oz is only populated along its fringes (coastline areas, that too not a 100%). The hinterlands and interior are totally empty.

You may say that it is of no use trying to inhabit arid outback which is infertile and has desert climate, however it is akin to Nehru's argument that Aksai Chin is a wasteland and 'not even a blade of grass grows there' remark.

This chance to obtain geopolitical and demographic advantage in Asia Pacific should not be missed, and anyway these incidents of yindoos bieng attacked is and will be a blip in the passage of time (note that I am not justifying it in anyway but if it sets the precedent wherein we stand to gain strategically, we should not let it pass us by).

The assies need immigrants to maintain their population growth rate, the gora fertility rate is very low (comparable to Austria, France and Iceland). Also manning petrol stations, cab drivers and kitchen hands will translate into cattle ranch/mine owners, hotel owners and convenience store owners 30 yrs later. After all, there's not many of these in Australia's hinterlands (we are talking an area roughly 1.5 times the size of India here)!
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Interior can't be occupied bcoz there is no water let alone vegetation....its impossible unless you can train the human body to survive without water!
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

"So the latest from Australian media is that Indians are doing it to themselves - this based on one murder of an Indian youth in rural NSW being attributed to 3 people of Indian origin, and the police allegation that the guy who got burnt in Melbourne inflicted the burns on himself to claim insurance money ...

A grand exercise in obfuscation..."

There have also been messages from Indo-Australians strongly defending Australia( admirable in its own way) and criticising the new arrivals and India itself. They use their current condition as an example to refute the charge of racism and problems for Indians.

Really, to counter the accusations of racism and the feeling of being threatened, they should talk to a large sample of new immigrants/students from India, rather than citing their own experiences.

If the vast majority of the recent Indian students state they have experienced no racism, don't feel threatened and have only good words for Australia, the Australian criticism of 'exaggeration' and 'sensationalism' would be credible. Otherwise, the evidence is just too plain to see.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

According to this map., lots of land around the coasts can be populated (much more than its current 20 million) ., at least 200 million is easy. Desis should not just concentrate on services (commerce, engineering, medicine) but also on agriculture (outside of desh)., livestock, etc.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

We really need to start to embarrassing Australians on this issue at various international forums. At the minimum we can always invite them for cricket and use the event to start communicating with their general population. Of course, we can expose two sides of our janta - one diplomatic/social message targeting the saner elements and the other more virulent form that we are willing to take it to a different plane where it begins to hurt them too.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

If all University Students in India, US, UK and other major educational destinations hold a one-day coordinated protest (Australian Flag, Black band and/or KKK costume) after getting relevant police/university staff permits/permission - Invite local press and by the time it is accomplished, Australia will be famous for the right reason.

R. Krithivas