Military Multimedia - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Re: Military Multimedia Content

Post by Craig Alpert »

Brahmos Interview with Praveen Pathak, Addnl GM, Market Promotion
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Defexpo interview with Honeywell - Aircraft upgrades, UAVs, Bullet proof vests
20 Feb 2010 8ak: Arijit Ghosh, Country Head, Defence and Space, Honeywell talks to 8ak editor, Manu Sood, about how they are part of every major military program in India such as the Tejas, IJT and the ALH Dhruv. He also says that they are taking part in the aircraft upgrades for the Mi's, proposing their microligths and bullet proof vests. In 2003, Honeywell had about 500 people in India but today this stands at 11,000.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Interview: India likely to buy six additional C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft
21 Feb 2010 8ak: Calling it a historic moment, Orville Prins, Vice President, Business Development, Lockheed Martin, India told Manu Sood, Editor, 8ak.in (watch video) that when India gets delivery of its first C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft, it will be the first military plane sold to India by the U.S. The Indian government, he revealed, is considering a follow on order of another six of these aircraft. While no definite time frame can be given as to when will the new contract will be signed, Mr Prins hinted that this could be after the IAF gets delivery and is satisfied with the first plane. He said that the IAF can expect to get an early delivery of the first plane in Dec 2010 or Jan 2011 as against the contracted date of Feb 2011. Adding further he said that delivery coinciding with Aero India 2011 would be highly desirable.

The additional order for six aircrafts will be part of the US$1.05 billion contract for six C-130J transport aircraft signed between India and the U.S. using the FMS route in 2008, which gave India an option to increase the aircraft order to 12.

The IAF is keen to buy the aircraft because of its ability to land and take off even in improvised or short airfields, and without lights. What has also impressed the IAF top brass is the performance of the J model in Hot and Humid conditions, which can reduce the useful load of older Hercules or similar transport aircraft by 50-60%.

The C-130J Super Hercules is the newest version of the U.S. Air Force's primary cargo- and personnel-transport aircraft, the C-130 Hercules. The plane is externally similar in appearance to the older C-130E Hercules. But the J version features new Rolls-Royce turboprop engines with composite propeller blades that generate 29 percent more thrust while increasing fuel efficiency by 15 percent. It has digital avionics, including head-up displays for each pilot, is far more reliable and requires only three crewmembers.

Length 112 ft 9 in. / 34.37 m

Height 38 ft 9 in. / 11.81 m

Wingspan 132 ft 7 in. / 40.38 m

Horizontal tail span 52 ft 8 in. / 6.05 m

Power Plant Four Rolls-Royce AE2100D3 4,591 phsp turboprop engines, Dowty R391, 6-blade propellers all composite

Maximum take-off weight 164,000 lb / 74,390 kg

Maximum payload* (2.5 g) 48,000 lb / 21,770 kg

Maximum cruise speed 355 KTAS / 660 km / hr

Landing/take-off ground roll (typical assault mission) 1,500 ft / 460 m

Payload* at 500 n. mi /926 km - USAF operations 47,000 lb ** / 21,329 kg; 2,100 n. mi / 3,890 km

Range with 35,000 lb/24,690 kg - USAF operations 2,900 n. mi ** / 5,375 kg

Cargo compartment length 55 feet (15 feet longer than the C-130J-Short)

* With wing relief fuel

** MIL-C-5011A reserves and no wing foam

Specifications courtesy Lockheed Martin
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

AJAY SHUKLA INTERVIEW: Israeli defence business grows due to disconnect between Indian companies & MoD
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Afghanistan: U.S. mine protected vehicle blown up in Marjah
The IEDs are getting more and more powerful in Afghanistan. Only a matter of time before they reach India. It is surprising how important the war in Afghanistan is to Indian security but next to no coverage in mainstream media.
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

ENJOY THE VIDEO :twisted: :twisted:
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

sunny ji really a good make , Its thrilling !!!!!!!!!!!!!
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

sunny_s wrote:ENJOY THE VIDEO :twisted: :twisted:
Hi Sunny, I have seen quite a few good videos that you have made. Really appreciate the effort. Great Job :D

I have a request, can you please make up a good video of IPKF operations in Srilanka. :)

I have been trawling Google and Youtube for some time with out any good catch.

Unfortunately I dont have stuff with myself that I can shre with you as a starting point. :cry:

Please do try.

Thanks
Anir
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

Anirji i actually had plans to make something on IPKF in sri lanka.but i really did not get anything on that,but i will for sure see what i can do.Waiting for the upcoming trials btw ARJUN & T-90.
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

Sure...

Cheers!!!!! :D
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

sunny_s, which software are you using to make these videos,?
I hope knowing that, few others would also contribute
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Vayu Shakti is being telecasted on DD National if possible somebody record it
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

Samay wrote:sunny_s, which software are you using to make these videos,?
I hope knowing that, few others would also contribute
i use windows ,movie maker & muvee auto maker
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvVodyLkkXA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvVodyLkkXA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nt96JUqb8mU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nt96JUqb8mU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGzBFTAf93A&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGzBFTAf93A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRtOmrwA4gc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRtOmrwA4gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Exercise Vayu Shakti 2010
Last edited by Samay on 28 Feb 2010 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Somebody, if they can, please post video link for entire exercise.
May many many thanks to them in advance.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sunny_s wrote:my new video do rate :mrgreen:

the mki @ 2:07 is not IAF I think. it's from a demo by the russians. the hawk shots at the end is also not IAF. but overall 5* !
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Just saw this video on youtube. I am guessing its Ok to post any military videos here since the title does not say India.

Please look out for the Mirage (I think its a mirage) at around 1:00.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Jan Widerstrom, Saab talks about ~30 programs in India, Gripen, Samtel JV
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

New video on IAF
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Brothers...just wanted to share my happiness...recently when I was watching some defense program on some news channel..they beamed an IAF video in the beginning of the program which I made way back in 2006..and 3 months ago a telugu news channel too beamed my video...my Father instantly recognized it and called me...so logged into my youtube account to see the ratings and video responses....and my video is all over internet and doing rounds in news channels haha...I should give all the credits to BR...it was this thread of BR which inspired this lurker way back in 2006 to make a nice IAF video..thank you folks....Sunny saab you are doing a great job..keep it up mate..I miss those days working on flash, windows movie maker etc...

here is the IN link

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-ind ... 73913.html
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Venkarl wrote:B
here is the IN link

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-ind ... 73913.html
That is one heck of a video. Man - your video editing skills are good - and that's an understatement.
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

Wow, i had favourited that video long back and i didn't realize it was by a BRFite! Great job, great choice of soundtrack too. You should make more videos.
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

Venkarl ji you know your one those people whose video's really inspired me to work in similar context,the video of yours is my all time favourite :) :)
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Thank you gentlemen..I am very happy that my video is liked by many....very happy..thanks again.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

venkarl, really nice vid but it was the IAF one. you have one on IN as well ?
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

venkarl ji , its a request,that you should make some more videos on Indian defence...
though it is obvious that your previous video was excellent,but I dont think it really represent the extreme of creativity you can infuse into this art,
hence by making more seed videos(as above ) on Indian defence,you will help others to explore some new thinking in this perception....
one such possibility is the use of creative animation,..
regards...
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Tushar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tushar »

Here is the video of Brahmos Launches which should be relatively new to members. Enjoy

Here is the end part of the Brahmos being Ship Launched
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

[youtube]LuFnIDx6OjQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
Last edited by Rahul M on 16 Mar 2010 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube tags edited.
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

Holy mackerel cap'n, the villagers look like Chinese people, no wonder they think they have a claim.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

if that be true, there are people with the same features in the Gharwal range in UP and Uttharakhand... Does that mean that they can claim that s theirs too... Its all just about politics and resources, those hills have natural and man made resources which china wants and its claiming that its their land...
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

biswas wrote:
Holy mackerel cap'n, the villagers look like Chinese people, no wonder they think they have a claim.
what is that supposed to mean ? do they look like chinese to you ? they look like Indians to me ?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Amazing incident.

@biswas - How does one look 'Indian'? Please define otherwise report to BENIS for le-education.
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

Raja Bose wrote:
Amazing incident.

@biswas - How does one look 'Indian'? Please define otherwise report to BENIS for le-education.
I said they looked Chinese, i.e Mongoloid features, which I expect is the basis for Chinese claims on Indian territory?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

biswas wrote: I said they looked Chinese, i.e Mongoloid features, which I expect is the basis for Chinese claims on Indian territory?
:eek: Where did you hear that?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I said they looked Chinese, i.e Mongoloid features, which I expect is the basis for Chinese claims on Indian territory?
So, are the Mexicans also claiming our territory since we seem to look like them? :-?
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

sum wrote:
So, are the Mexicans also claiming our territory since we seem to look like them? :-?
Don't all of you jump on me. Don't take my words out of context.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Sir, their claim is that Tawang was in early to late 1600's was part of the Chinese kingdom and hence it belongs to them even now... Much the same way they claim about Taiwan..
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

sum wrote:
Slight correction, the uh...the Mexicans look "mongoloid". I agree with the point though.
Last edited by Carl_T on 19 Mar 2010 02:26, edited 1 time in total.