Spy Story – Generations

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Re: Spy Story – Generations

Post by Klaus »

Sachin wrote:
Klaus wrote:Dileep sir, just a humble suggestion: Would it be possible to show how the Syrian Orthodox church plays its role?, I for one would really be interested as to how they managed to spread their roots in Northern Kerala, you could throw in some Muslim players from Lakshadweep and Maldives if possible as well.
Not to derail the story. By "Northern Kerala" if you mean areas like Wayanad, remote parts of Kannur and Calicut Districts (primarily forest/uninhabitaed areas) the story is totally different. During the early 1900s there was a systematic attempt by Travancore Diwans (IIRC Sir C.P Ramaswamy Iyer) to persecute Christians. There were many laws which was unfavourable to them. This forced many of them to move to the uninhabited wild lands in Northen Kerala (which was part of British Malabar). Generally known as "കുടിയേറ്റ കൃസ്ത്യാനികൾ " (settler Christians) these hard working people withstood the onslaught of diseases,wild animals and the harsh forest terrain, made the area cultivatable and settled there. Today they may old some good amount of land, but most of them was was garnered through hardship and toil.
This would look realistic when there is some character and personification of these events you write about. As a 1980's person, I admit to having little or no knowledge of actual "on the ground" history beyond the text book stuff. However I respect Dileep sir's decision to keep the story as a mirror reflection of the past (though the present is full of 2 way mirrors and whatnot) and so do not want to distract his train of thought adversely (and to the detriment of fellow readers and enthusiasts).

Dileep sir, good and gradual unraveling of the layered personality of Ramunny Menon. Btw want to know if Govindan was betrayed by his *sighs*?(we dont know that yet, i'm assuming that he was the one outside Laksmi Amma's window)

He seemed to be pretty good at what he was doing although the mutt did raise the alarm in Ramunny's mind in the first place.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

It all happened in an instant in human time. In one moment, the man in dark was slowly turning his torso towards the swordsman. While that happened, the left feet of the man flicked the stick up, and the right knee instantly gave way. The stick flew up, while the man ducked backward while turning right. By the time the opponent's sharp mind registered this motion, the stick had already moved across his body, and his right hand was flying down to catch it. The blade of the sword moved as fast as the muscles could, but it got arrested by the fast moving stick, now in a safe grip in the right hand of the man. The man fell on his back, with the assailant's sword safely blocked by the stick over his chest. A loud clang was heard as metal met metal. The wood of the stick flew away and exposed a slender double edged sword. A pair of crossguards snapped out into position with a twang. The assailant's sword was parried down easily. He was not expecting this move, and his thrust was more out of reflex than action.

It took a moment for Ramunny to realize what had happened. It gave the quarry time to support himself with the pommel of the sword and attempt to rise. Ramunny Menon recovered from his surprise quickly and took a step back in preparation for the next attack. With the one move, he knew that his opponent is no rookie. Rushing at him unprepared would mean certain defeat. He quickly slid back the right foot to bring about the lion pose. The man in black quickly shifted his weight to his right knee, rose and took the boar pose.

Ramunny Menon put his left foot forward, whirled the sword once and waited for the opponent to move. His sword held forward at an angle, ready for the attack. The opponent noticed this. He had the advantage of knowing Ramunny Menon well. As the thrust was not readily forthcoming, he too took the opportunity to move to lion pose and level the field. The two men stood there in the moonlight, swords in hand, like mirror images ready for combat.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Ah! Some Kalari combat! I believe this is a first for BRF where there is a live description of indigenous combat :)

Thanks Dileep sir, cant wait for your next instalment!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

WoW! Wonder if we should make this a sticky till the story is over?
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Lakshmi Amma was sitting on her trunk. The wick in the lamp was pulled back into the oil, leaving only a tiny flame. She used gingelly oil in the lamp for special days like this one, instead of the regular ballnut oil. She sat alone, as Narayani had retired for the day. She was listening for footsteps. She was waiting.

Suddenly, the tranquility was broken by a loud clang from the yard, right outside her window. After a moment, loud footsteps and clang of metal blade on metal blade was heard. Fearing the worst, she ignored her own safety and opened the window. The window pane hit something that was kept on the sill. It fell onto the floor, with a loud, but hollow thump, like a percussion drum falling.

In the bright moonlight, she saw two shapes fighting. By the uncanny gift god gave women, she realized that one was the man she was expecting to meet that night. He was engaged in a swordfight with someone else. The steps and moves, made like clockwork, showed that the men were adept in sword combat. The heavy thump of the footsteps, the sharp clangs of the blades and the occasional spark of metal on metal showed that they were serious.

Suddenly, Lakshmi gasped and held her hand to her chest, as a suspicion crossed her mind. Could the other one be the man who left her? She broke a cold sweat, as she held onto the bars of the window. Could it be? She continued to look at the pair, focusing more on the man fighting with a bundle still held on his left shoulder. The more she looked, the more she felt that it is not the man she thought it could be. She somewhat recovered from the fright, but she still looked on at the combat in the moonlight.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

oooh! Kalari combat along with Bollywood drama,
this is turning into a best seller. fantastique.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

“According to the rules taught by my 'guru', I ask again. Tell your name and family before we fight.” Ramunny Menon snorted. He tried to keep his eyes locked with the opponent, but the poor light prevented that. The black clothes that cover almost all the body, and the black soot on the face made it very difficult to focus on the opponent. He just stood there, in the lion pose, but a bit less aggressively. He ignored the query.

“Fine, no rules if you want it that way.” Ramunny Menon said. He was a bit concerned with this approach of the opponent. Obviously he is the product of a good kalari. His moves showed that. But any kalari alumnus worth his oil wouldn't refuse to give the name.

Ramunny Menon decided to act a bit reserved. He opened by the classic othiram move. Without a hitch, the opponent followed through with the defense, switching effortlessly between othiram and katakam.

It seemed like a demonstration fight. Swords, with no shield. So, when the classic sequence was over, they instinctively withdrew and stood where they were originally. Ramunny Menon was all the more confused, because the opponent seemed to play passive. Though he defended the strikes forcefully, his own strikes were mellow. Almost like playful.

The next bout was not so simple. The combatants had sized each other up, even though the aim of either was different. Ramunny Menon went aggressively first. The opponent blocked three strikes, then, taking advantage of his thin but longer double edged sword, made a thrust where a slash was expected. It threw Ramunny Menon a bit imbalanced. But he managed to evade the thrusting blade by inches.

This is firangi fight. Ramunny Menon realized alarmingly. He had seen the fighting technique of the mlechas. They fight with a straight thin blade, not unlike the man in black used, and their fighting is more with thrust and parry rather than the slash and block of the kalari. It was tough for the natives to get trained in that. Even Ramunny Menon had to beg Thinayanchery Elayathu to get some lessons. Elayathu's ancestors had learned it from the Portuguese when they were interacting with Nediyirippu. The sword he uses was the traditional churika with curved blade and one side edge. It was not ideal for the firangi fight.

He decided to bring his own variants to the table.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

It was a fight of equals. Ramunny Menon was surprised to see that the opponent seem to anticipate his moves, even those non traditional moves that he specially learned from guru Koma Kurup. He felt that the opponent also must be a disciple of the revered General. The next time the swords locked, he pulled it back to bring the opponent close and tried to take a good look at the face. The black oily soot made recognition impossible in the poor light. But he felt that he had seen the hair somewhere. Though he knew it is useless, he again asked him who he was.

All these time, the opponent had not made any sound. He ignored the query, and turned around in the classic breakout maneuver.

His defiance made Ramunny Menon angrier. He swore that he will not let this one go by any chance. As the opponent was spinning away from the breakout, he managed to extend his sword and snag the cloth bundle which was still on the opponent's left shoulder. It was hooked by the blunt back edge. This arrested the fluid motion of the opponent, and he lost the balance for a moment. As he reflexively spun back, Ramunny Menon thrust his sword, piercing under the right collar bone of the opponent. Luckily for him, the thrust was not powerful, as Ramunny himself was off his feet. Still, he was hurt badly, and the use of his right hand was severely limited.

In an instant he jerked his bundle free from his left shoulder and let it fall to the ground. He fell after that, right aside. He threw the hilt of his sword to his left hand while he was falling. He came to rest on his back, with his sword ready in his left hand. He managed to shut out the excruciating pain of the wound, but he knew his right arm has gone limp. He let his sword fall from his hand and went motionless.

Ramunny Menon recovered from his spin and noticed that his opponent is falling down. He knew his thrust had landed, but it was feeble. He didn't expect the wound to be mortal. When he saw the opponent go motionless, his instincts warned him that something isn't right.

He cautiously walked, sword ready in hand, to the opponent lying on his back. He noticed that his sword fell a couple of feet away from his left hand, and his right hand lay limp on his side. Blood started to pool under his right shoulder.

To be doubly sure, Ramunny pushed the double edged sword further away with his own blade. He then bent over the limp body to see for signs of life.

That was the last thing he could remember.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The ponderous limp weight of the man fell right on top of the injured man. It blew the breath away from him, and he himself fainted for a moment. But soon he came to, and with great effort, pushed the weigh off his body and crawled away.

He thanked all his gurus for the trick he made up. Seeing that he, injured and sans the use of one arm, can be no match to the expert fighter like Ramunny, he went for a feint. He threw away the sword and pretended to faint. His plan would have blown if Ramunny decided to approach from his right. But as he wished, Ramunny went around him to move his sword first, and approached him from the left.

As Ramunny was inspecting him, he located the pressure point right under the kneecap. With the middle finger wound around the index to make it stable, his left hand moved like a striking snake, finding the target that is hardly big as a grain of rice. Within time imperceptible, the nerves in the legs sent massive loads of electrical signals up to the brain, shutting down every nerve in the path. Without knowing what is happening, Ramunny Menon fainted and fell right on top of his opponent.

He gathered himself with great difficulty. Blood was streaming from the wound. He tore off a part of his mundu and stuffed the rags into the wound. That only reduced the flow. Dazed, he collected his sword and bundle, and started walking to the river.

A cry was heard from the window, followed by a commotion from the house.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The place was well lit with the light of torches and oil lamps, and the light of the moon is pushed further into the yard. The limp figure of Ramunny Menon lies on a mat on the verandah. Someone is fanning him vigorously. A 'kindi' of water, half empty is standing nearby, and the body and the mat is wet.

“He isn't waking up even after sprinkling water. That isn't a good sign. Opined Sanku, who was doing the fanning.

“Breath is normal, but pulse is weak. It is a faint” Said Krishan Embranthiri. He habitually proclaimed that he learned a bit of 'vaidyam' with Krishna Warrier.

“Embranthiri, couldn't you do something?” Raman Nair asked.

“I haven't brought my medicine box” Embranthiri said.

“Of course. Who will take the medicine box when coming in a hurry?” Raman Nair's sarcasm went over he head of Embranthiri.

“Yes. I was dragged from sleep by the commotion, so I came running. Didn't wait to take the medicine box.” Embranthiri explained.

“Even otherwise, where is the medicine box at Melath Warriam?” Raman Nair was pointing to some alleged nocturnal adventures of the Embranthiri.

“I was sleeping at the temple kitchen only. Why should I go to the Warriam?”. Embranthiri's voice was a bit sharp.

“Correct. The warrier lady doesn't work at the night. Another man said.

“Who said that?” Embranthiri looked around.

“Please, please. There is a man about to die here. Could you guys cut it out?” Sanku raised his voice.

The light of a torch is seen approaching from far. Two or three men were walking briskly towards the house. When they came closer, they recognized Velayudha Panicker, the head of Arakkal kalari, and local police chief.

“Move aside, Move aside”. He ordered to the onlookers. They parted and made way for the man.

“What happened” Panicker asked, not to anyone in particular.

“Lord Ramunny found a thief and fought him away. Then he fainted. The thief did some evil magic on him.” Sanku explained.

“Where did it happen?”

“Right here in the yard. On the eastern side.”

“Did anyone see anything? Where were the women?”

“Lakshmi Amma told as much. She heard commotion from the yard and looked out through the window. She saw the fight.”

“Where is Lakshmi? Lakshmi!!” Velayudha Panicker hollered.

Lakshmi Amma came from inside, and stood, respectfully hiding half behind the door.

“Lakshmi, what happened here?” The old man's eyes did a go over her.

“I heard a commotion outside my east-wing window, and I saw they fight outside when I opened the window.” She said in a tired voice. He excitement and lack of sleep had drained her. The paleness of the cheeks was visible even in the low light.

“Who was fighting?” Panicker asked. His eyes still refusing to return from her.

“Someone I don't know, and..” she pointed to Ramunny lying motionless.

Someone smirked from the audience

“Do you know why Ramunny came around here?” Panicker asked. Though he tried to sound normal, his voice had a tinge to it

“I don't know.” Lakshmi Amma said, but the blood rushing to the pale cheeks was visible. There were more smirks from the audience.

“Do you know why the other man came here?” Panicker continued.

“I don't know”. She said.

“Did you see Ramunny faint?”

“Yes. The other man fell first.” She pointed to Ramunny instead of saying his name. “Went to him. Something happened and fell faint.” She was embarrassed by the hushed laughter heard from here and there.

“Why are you pointing to him? Don't you know his name” Panicker asked with a dirty grin. Lakshmi Ammas eyes lit up in anger.

“He is Nadamel Ramunny Menon, I know.” She said in a dry voice. Panicker was taken aback by that, and the smirks and hushed laughter stopped abruptly.

“The thief fell, and Ramunny Menon went close to him to look. Then he fell fainted over the thief. I don't know what happened then, as I cried out loud to Narayani. It was Narayani who raised the people” She said in a neutral voice, staring back at Panicker's eye which still scanned her

“Ok. You can go in now.” Her stare defeated the old eyes of Panicker. He let her go, and turned to the patient.

“It can't be a snakebite. Let me see anyway”. He took the lamp and started inspecting his feet. There was no mark on the feet. When he went up to the knee, the experienced eyes of the kalari master saw the reddish blue mark, and the vein popped out on either side of it.

“Got it. Marma Kuth!!” He yelled. A hush fell among the people. Sanku rose from near the head and walked around to see.

“And at a proper place too. It is no ordinary thief!” Sanku commented.

“What Sanku? Can you remember the counter for Janu Dwayi?” Panicker asked. Sanku was his disciple, who had graduated into Marma techniques.

Sanku looked around at the faces looking intently at them. He moved his face close to the teachers ears and whispered. “Uru Thrayi for Janu Dwayi!”. Panicker smiled.

“Can you do it?” He asked.

“The respected guru is here, and the subject is the minister. Pardon my imprudence, but isn't it better if the guru himself did it?” Sanku asked with a bow.

Panicker looked appreciatively at his disciple. He walked to the midriff of the patient and sat near him. He gently turned him to one side, exposing the thighs and buttocks. Making sure that his hands are well shaded from the onlookers, he snapped something with his fingers.

A painful wail escaped from Ramunny Menon. Suddenly his breathing became fast and heavy, almost like panting. Velayudha Panicker let him roll back to his back and stood up. Ramunny Menon opened his eyes and looked around with bewildered eyes. He instinctively lifted his knee and held on tight, writhing in pain.

“Young Lord, Its Velayudha Panicker. You just got a Marma Kuth.” Panicker bowed in front of the minister.

Ramunny Menon closed his eyes, trying to shut out the pain. Even then his mind was racing. Who it could be? Someone who knew Janu Dwayi, let alone execute it from such an awkward position.

Is he just worthy, or formidable? He wondered.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

Amazing! Impressive as SS2 was, 'SSG' is head and shoulders above it. The story, the narrative, the characters, the action are just great! From SS2 to SSG, we've witnessed the transformation of Dileep into a truly superb writer. Please keep up the great work!

One request - every once in a while, please take us back to the present and tell us what's happening to the reader of the diary.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

amol wrote: One request - every once in a while, please take us back to the present and tell us what's happening to the reader of the diary.
he is reading in hiding of course.
amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

ajay pratap wrote: he is reading in hiding of course.
Ahh, now it all makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out. :P

What I meant was that there's obviously a second story arc that's not been developed yet. Would be interesting to see how the story in the present progresses in parallel.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

amol wrote:
ajay pratap wrote: he is reading in hiding of course.
Ahh, now it all makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out. :P

What I meant was that there's obviously a second story arc that's not been developed yet. Would be interesting to see how the story in the present progresses in parallel.
The reader grew up and cleared the IPS and retired as head of IB and is now a governor!
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The steep stairs to the upstairs turned to be a tough job for Ramunny Menon. Though he tried hard not to limp, the pain in his knee was really bad. When he came to the stairs, he found that he will have to use his right leg to step, and support his weight on the hand rails. With great effort he did the climbing. Luckily no one was around the stairs to see it. He reached the top and looked up to see Achyutha Warrier looking at him.

“What happened young lord? The knee still pains?” The old man asked. Ramunny wanted to chop his head off, but he controlled himself. He just nodded to Warrier.

“I know a concoction that is excellent for knee injuries.” The man continued. Ramunny cut him short by asking “If the lord available”. Warrier got the message. He nodded and walked away.

Ramunny Menon limped into Kunjunni Menon's room. The old man was sitting on his usual place. Without even being invited to sit, Ramunny sat down on the trunk. Kunjunni didn't like it a bit, but let it pass.

“What is it, sonnie? What am I hearing?” He asked.

Without answering, Ramunny Menon unrolled a small bundle, and took out the contraption he found from Puthenkara house that morning.

“What is this?” Kunjunni Menon hadn't seen it before.

We spys call it “karna pisachini”. Ramunny Menon said, while rubbing the diaphragm, making a humming sound.

“Where did you get it?” Kunjunni Menon was cnfused.

“It is used to eavesdrop on conversations. I got it from Puthenthara”. Ramunny Menon felt a bit of difficulty in saying that name.

“How does it work?” Menon asked.

“This device will be kept at the target. There is another device that goes into the ear. They are linked with a silk thread. Sound will go to the ear through the thread” He explained.

“Looks like a 'thudi'” Kunjunni Menon commented. He tried to tap it with a finger, but Ramunny Menon pulled it away.

“We call this part 'thudi' only.” He said. “The whole contraption is called 'karna pisachini'.”

“I heard about 'karna pisachini' as a spirit that would show you things happening somewhere else.” Kunjunni Menon said.

“That is in black magic. This is in spy work, that's all” Ramunny Menon smiled, while toying with the device.

“You got it from he thief?” Kunjunni Menon's face became a bit serious.

“He is no thief, uncle. He was sitting listening on this.” Ramunny Said.

“Listening to whom?” It was after he heard the question that Ramunny Menon realized that he is in a fix.

“I don't know.” Ramunny said, averting the gaze of the old man.

“I know. He was set up to listen to you.” He said with a stern face.
“Me?” Ramunny didn't get anything to say.

“Yes. I know you went there to see Lakshmi. It appears that he also knew. He wanted to hear what you told Lakshmi”. The old man made a patronizing smile. Ramunny broke a cold sweat.

A silent moment passed.

“Do you suspect anyone?” Kunjunni Menon broke the silence.

“The use of the thudi itself shows that he is a professional. His fighting moves had elements of Vettom kalari in it.”

“Somebody from within the country?” Kunjunni Menon asked a bit nervously.

“It is unlikely. The country has completely subsided. Nediyirippu had some operatives who turned from Vettom. Maybe one of them” Ramunny said, deep in thought.

“You didn't get any track of him? I heard that he was injured, and there was a lot of blood.”

“The track went right into the river. He couldn't have swam much, with those injuries. We searched both banks for a long distance, but found no sign.” The disappointment was clear in Ramunny's voice.

“We got to find him. He being injured makes it easy. I will tell Velayudhan to be vigilant”. Kunjunni Menon said.

Before Ramunny Menon took his leave, Kunjunni Menon gave an advice.

“It is well and good your visiting that Lakshmi. You should never forget who you are and what you do. Remember that.”

Ramunny Menon bowed in agreement, took the blessings and left.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Folks, sometimes I question myself whether the 'easter eggs' are being hidden too deep :D But I believe that there are enough clues left already on what is going on. If you didn't get it, read again and dig deeper. Look at the incidents, names, environment etc.

And yes, disinformation is also part of the game, ain't it?
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Dileep sir, not to derail the thread but it looks like you have some experience in script writing. I might be wrong but you do not use the same 'meter' for action sequences and dialogue.

Good description of karna pisachini. Do I smell some tantric practices here? Also intriguing are the links between black magic and spycraft!
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Well, I did convert SS-2 into a movie script, but realized that even I wouldn't watch that one in movie form.

One basic premise of all the Spy Story series is to set the feet firmly on the ground. There will be nothing that defies scientific logic here. karNa piSaachini is a mythical being, a female spirit, which, upon invoking and satisfying with pujas, would give you a virtual reality presentation of what you want to see.

For that time period, it is perfectly possible to build the eavesdropping device that I described. It is also plausible that it could be mythified into the 'spirit that will let you see/hear things'. So, the premise here, is that the mythical KP is nothing other than the listening device of the old spies.

So, no, there won't be any black magic described.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

“Where did this deaf go!” Gopalan Nair cursed himself as he walked briskly in the twilight. It was barely sunrise, and he had already finished his temple visit. He was supposed to go help the temple hands in washing the big bronze troughs, and he was planning to take the help of Govindan.

Only that Govindan is not to be seen anywhere. Gopalan had in fact discreetly searched the temple grounds and even took a cursory look at the yards for him. The other servants knew about the soft corner the old man had for the poor deaf, still they thought Gopalan was over reacting.

“He might have fell asleep somewhere. These days his nocturnal adventures have increased.” Chaathu said.

“The poor thing have stomach problem. That is why he is going away at night.” Gopalan always supported the deaf.

“All of us have guts. Do we go all the time?” Chaathu looked up from the bunch of plantain leaves he was cleaning.

“You let him alone, Chaathu. I am afraid that something happened to him. There are lots of snakes around in the yard.” Gopalan sighed.

“Leave him Gopalan Brother. He will come allright. Kittunni Nair, the assistant cook said.

“Why Gopalan have so much sympathy for the deaf? Then marry him into your family” Chaathu said.

“I am not talking to you Chaathu. You speak only arrogantly.” Gopalan turned and walked away. He was planning to take a careful round in the yard.

Only that he wouldn't find him. In fact they would not see Govindan anymore.

At least in the form of a deaf-mute.
armenon
BRFite

Post by armenon »

Dileep Saar,

Spy story delayed is spy story denied.. :P
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The man gave out a painful wail, even though he was still unconscious. His face, which had a waxy translucent look, was very pale from the heavy loss of blood. The eyes were shut, and the forehead wrinkled from the pain disturbing him even in the unconscious sate. Still, there was a quality with his face that made one like the man. A sense of earnestness and honesty radiated from the face.

He was lying nanaked on a mat, covered only by a white mundu till chest level. The broad muscular upper body was exposed, and the wound under the right collar bone was open. It showed signs of going septic, as the edges are swollen and signs of pus developing are already visible. A lone housefly was flying around, looking for an opportunity to land on the wound.

A woman, in her late twenties, was sitting near him. She wore clothing indicating a serving class. She was trying to wash the would in medicated water, held in a small vessel. She soaked a rag in the water and was gently wiping away the dirt and blood. It was painful for the man even while unconscious, and he wailed often. The beautiful brow wrinkled, and he rolled the head back and forth. The medicine water seeped into his ample hair and started to soggy up. She stopped for a moment and felt his forehead with her hand. She shook her head, as he was still running a high fever.

A man came in, carrying a flat earthen vessel with him. It had a hole on the bottom, which was held shut with stuffed rags. There was a thin brown liquid in the vessel. A string made of coir was tied around the rim of the vessel, and looped to form a handle. He came to the woman and for a moment, observed what she was doing.

“Narayani Amma. The 'dhaara' is ready. Have you cleaned the wound well?” He asked the woman.

“It is not over, Kanaaran Nair, and he still has fever.” She said, while continuing to clean the wound.

“Once this dhaara starts going, I will make a paste for his head” Kanaaran started to tie a rope to the rafter, right over the patient.

“Lucky that Cheeru herself saw him.” Narayani said. “If someone else had seen, the poor guy would have been dead already”

“I wonder why Lakshmi Amma get into these troubles!” Kanaaran said as he looped the rope to length.

“She has a very soft mind. She wouldn't want harm to even her enemies”. Narayani was really proud of her mistress.

“She is playing with fire. If Ramunny Menon comes to know, she will end up in trouble, and we would go down along with them.”

“I don't know about you, Nair, but I would lay down my life for my mistress” Narayani said heatedly.

“Doing it for the mistress is ok, but is it worth for this guy.” Kanaaran pointed to the prostrate figure.

“I don't know. I will do what the mistress says.” Narayani had finished the cleaning. Kanaaran tied the vessel to the rope and let it hang close to the man. Together, they carefully moved him so that the wound is right under the hole in the vessel. Kanaaran then loosened the rag plug, and let a tiny stream of medicated liquid fall on the wound. He took a final look of satisfaction.

“You should stay here and see that he doesn't move.” He instructed Narayani Amma.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“I need to go find some 'garuda kodi' plant for the paste for the fever. Too bad I can't go and ask the vaidyar, neither for medicine, nor for advice. The mistress said everything must be a secret. Lucky that I took some lessons under Krishnan Embranthiri” He said as he walked away.

“Hmm, lucky! Everyone knows about the capability of the Embranthiri. It would be great if this guy doesn't get killed by the treatment.”

Narayani Amma sat, leaning against the wall. She took out a palm-leaf fan and started fanning the patient.

Slowly, the tense muscles on the face of the man relaxed a bit. He slipped into sleep from the coma.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

I am on a trip right now, but I will try to keep up the one post per day rate.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Narayani was surprised to see her ward awake. He was switching between coma and sleep in the past few days. Gradually his fever went down, and the would showed signs of healing. She was bringing in the coconut water that used to be fed to him, and found him looking at her with dazed eyes.

He tried to clear his throat and to speak. No sound came out.

“Oh, Govindan, you awake?” She asked, exaggerating the mouth movement and gesturing energetically.

The clearing of throat instantly stopped. He blinked a couple of times and rested his head down. After taking a few laboured breaths, he opened his mouth again to talk.

“hWhere hAm I?” The stutter of the deaf came out, in a very hoarse voice as his throat was totally dry.

“Sh.. Don't talk” Narayani put her finger to her lips. Without any hesitation, she walked over to his mat and sat down.

“Drink this. It's coconut water”. She gave it to Govindan. He graciously took it and drank.

“This is Puthenkara yard. I am Narayani. Lakshmi Amma's maid. Did you understand?” She pointed to herself “Narayani.” He pointed to the floor “Puthenkara”.

Govindan nodded.

“I recognized you the moment I saw you. Aren't you Govindan, from Vanneri? Poor thing. You can't hear or talk, right? That is god's doing, you know. Must be a 'paap' from the previous birth.”. Narayani forgot that she was talking to a deaf man.

Govindan put up a blank face.

“Oh, what a fool I am! I am talking to a deaf man!” Narayani hit lightly on her own forehead.

“How hAm I here?” Govindan asked.

“You! Unconscious! River bank!” Narayani literally acted out how she found him lying on the river bed. “Lakshmi Amma asked me to secretly bring you in here”.

The colour drained from Govindan's face, but Narayani didn't observe that.

“Lakshmi Amma asked me to keep it a secret. I haven't told no one” Once again she broke into chatter, but controlled herself almost instantly.

“How? Injury?” Narayani suddenly asked.

“I hFell, stump”, and he acted out getting impaled on a stump. He himself surprised that this woman didn't make the connection between the fight that happened near her lady's house and the appearance of an injured man with a few days of it. He couldn't feel the same way about her mistress.

He wanted to meet Lakshmi Amma. Thanking her for saving his life was only one purpose.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

It was not the custom for women of respectable families to go to residences below their social strata. Lakshmi Amma could never go to Narayani's house to see the stranger she happened to save. She felt that seeing and finding out who this stranger was could not be avoided. She needed answers for many questions. Who is the man in reality? Why was he present in her yard that night, evesdropping? Why was Ramunny Menon suspicious enough, so that to go around the house to apprehend him? Why did they fight? Why did he just evade by knocking Ramunny Menon unconscious?

And lastly she had one more question. The all important one.

Does he know or has to do something about her lost husband?

Rama Kurup was not a particularly great husband. Like most of the marriages of those days, it was an arranged one. He was working in the commercial office at Poorappuzha. As it was the custom those days, she continued to live at her house, and he came to her to spend the nights. In fact a few nights in a fortnight to be precise. It was nothing to complain about. Most of the relationships worked like that. He always provided the stuff a husband ought to, like a number of sets of clothing, oil, and customary contribution for the festivals. He did love Lakshmi Amma, at least whenever he could find time.

Then, he vanished from the land. Lakshmi Amma came to know when the messengers from his boss showed up, asking his whereabouts. Though he was handling money and goods, nothing was missing, so the boss didn't bother much about him. He was the younger of several siblings, so even his own 'tharavad' didn't care much. His mother, old lady Bhavani Amma cried for a few weeks. So did his sisters, at least for moral support for the old lady. Then people slowly forgot about Rama Kurup.

Except Lakshmi Amma, probably.

There was a good number of suitors for Lakshmi Amma before she married Rama Kurup. Some of those men, who were still available, re started the quest. However, the appearance of Nadamel Ramunny Menon, the all powerful royal bodyguard and confidante, made all of then flee like birds. No one really knew if Ramunny had formally married Lakshmi Amma. What known was he used to sleep there whenever he was in town. The fact that Ramunny had a wife at Vettom meant nothing. It was not unusual for men of stature to have more than one wife, and even some affairs. Gossip mongers, however didn't keep quiet. A yarn implicating Ramunny Menon in the disappearance of Rama Kurup started going around, but like any gossip, it lost steam as time passed.

No one knew what Lakshmi Amma felt. She continued to go about with her life, including the grand temple visits which was the zenith for many men who lived off the temple. Only Narayani was her confidante. Gossip mongers had tried everything in their arsenal on her to get some information, but to no avail. They gave up soon, and the fact that the tongue of Narayani was sharp and loose like an 'urumi' has a lot to do with that.

Only Kanaaran and Narayani knew about the patient being taken care at Narayani's house. As the wounds healed and the man recovered enough to walk, he requested permission to leave. Lakshmi Amma told Narayani to ask him to swing by Puthenthara when he left. He was hoping that she would.

He would be leaving after dark.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The dark shape followed at a distance to the woman bearing the torch. Govindan wore the black and black, but he didn't put on the black make up. It didn't seem appropriate when meeting his benefactor. It took some effort to let Narayani know that she must walk ahead with the torch and he would follow her at a distance. Once reached the front verandah of the house, Narayani stopped, and Govindan walked up to the threshold and stood under a tree, taking care to avoid the light.

Lakshmi Amma appeared from within. Narayani whispered something to her and pointed to the darkness where Govindan stood. Lakshmi Amma nodded and told something to her.

Narayani walked back. When she reached near Govindan, she motioned him to go ahead to the house. But he waited till she walked out of the building. Then he slowly approached the verandah, and bowed to the woman standing there. The small lamp kept on the verandah threw only a little light, but the figure standing at the door appeared radiant. Govindan deliberately stopped looking at her, and looked on the ground instead.

“No need to stand there. You can sit down.” The crystal clear voice rang out. For a moment, Govindan forgot that he was deaf, and he mechanically walked up and sat on the mat spread on the verandah. He moved the bundle from his shoulder onto the mat.

An uncomfortable silence spread for a minure.

“I know you are not deaf or mute. No need to act here.” Lakshmi Amma finally said with a smile. Govindan looked up, and saw her radiant eyes smiling at him.

He had to clear the throat a couple of times before he could reply.

“Shouldn't lie to someone who saved ones life. I have learned as much” He said.

“Would you mind to tell me who you are?” She asked, a bit tentatively.

“My name is Govindan. That is all I can tell right now.” He felt really bad about that, but disclosing his true identity, even to this lady who saved his life, was out of question.

“Is that the real name, or something taken for convenience?” The voice was as sharp as it was playful.

“I wouldn't lie. It is the real name.” He said. She noted a slight emotion in the voice.

“I wanted to see you to ask one question.” She paused, again reviewing the question she had framed in her mind.

“Ask, please. If it wouldn't jeopardize my mission, I would gladly answer.” He said ernestedly.

“Are you familiar with anyone in relation to me” She was surprised that the question came out effortlessly.

Govindan thought for a moment. It was not the question he was expecting.

“If you are referring to your lost husband, no. I know nothing about him.”

A sigh escaped her, despite her herculean effort to suppress it. Govindan felt a wave of sympathy himself.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

“Why were you here that night? Are you an enemy agent?” Lakshmi Amma's voice had dried up. The emotion that was ringing in it had vanished after she got her answer to the vital question.

“I could swear that I am a true loyal subject of Vettathu Thampuran” Those were words, carefully chosen.

“Then? You should be a personal enemy of Nadamel Ramunny?” The same steely voice rose.

Govindan felt a chill as he noticed how effortlessly and clearly she pronounced the name of the man. It was a revealing moment for him.

“There is no doubt that I am not a friend of Ramunny, but I will not prosecute personal enmity in the dark, at someone else's yard.” His voice deepening to reveal the rock solid character beneath.

“Do you mean to say that the minister is not as loyal to the king as yourself?”

“Only time will tell that. I feel it is my duty to follow him and make sure that no harm comes to my country.” There was a sense of finality to his voice.

“Did you go to Mangatt Achan's grain house too?” Govindan noticed a shrill in her voice that was not present previously. Mangatt Achan was the prime minister to Nediyirippu.

“What about Nallemadham and Nedumangalathu mana?

Govindan didn't answer for almost a minute. He knew that Nallemadham was where Thinayancheri Elayathu married. Nedumangalam was a namboothiri house, close to Nediyirippu.

Lakshmi Amma wasn't expecting an answer, but she was looking intently at the face of Govindan.

A smile started appearing on his face. He stood and bowed to the floor in front of the woman. She smiled back.

“I shall take leave” He said. “Got to cover a lot of distance in the dark”. He gathered his bundle.

“You can come again at convenience. Both there, and here” Lakshmi Amma said with a smile.

He bowed and walked away. He turned to take one more look back. She was standing there, looking at him.

It was a long walk to Chamravattom, and he need to act upon the leads he just now received.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Rajalakshmi Nambiar looked intently at the face of Anil. The eyes had gone bloodshot red and the face, otherwise used to be radiant with intelligence, was dull now. He was deep in thought, while his hands tore off pieces of iddlies, and carried to his mouth. She was sure that he did not heed her advice to go to sleep last night. Poor man. Preparing for civil service itself is not a simple task, and she felt sorry that the current troubles seem to dump on his young shoulders.

He reminded her so much of her late husband. The general build of the body, the ample jet black hair, Dark eyes and sensitive cheeks were all hallmarks of the great man. But the dark chin, hawkish nose and the piercing gaze came from the Palghat Menon ancestry that she brought in. After the untimely demise of her husband, Anil had to shoulder the responsibility of her, and his younger sister Shwetha. Proudly and thankfully, she remembered that he did it in exemplary manner, making his father in the heaven proud.

Govindan Nambiar wanted his son to get into the civil service. He himself had tried to, during his time, but barely missed it. That didn't prevent him from getting into the ranks ultimately, as he was awarded the IPS cadre in Delhi Police later. He served well, both at the Delhi Police, and at the IB, where he was deputed. But he used to emphasis to his son, that he should aim higher, and get into IAS.

Rajalakshmi had a feeling that her husband had an element of resentment against the poor treatment the police got, both from the politicians, and from the administration, primarily from the IAS crowd. But as the gentlemen he was, he never expressed that. But his almost constant advice to Anil to go for IAS was one indication.

Fate had other plans. He did not live even to see Anil prepare for the exams. His untimely demise gave the ultimate zeal for Anil's efforts. On one side, Rajalakshmi was glad to see her son giving all he could, but the motherly heart hurt on the struggle.

“You kept reading after I left?” She asked matter of factly.

Anil withdrew his empty stare on the plate in front of him and raised his face. He answered with a shy smile.

“Son, you have worked a lot during the day, packing and arranging things. You wouldn't fail even if you rest for a night.”

“Oh, mom, I wasn't that tired” He knew that she isn't going to take it. He did feel tired.

“Too bad we had to move the house at this time.” She sighed.

“I would say it is better for you, mom. This place has become a trouble for you to keep up already”. He said matter of factly.

“I have no trouble. I agreed to move because the rent is too high, and it isn't worth it.” She defended herself.

Anil went back to eating. He loved the soft, fluffy iddlies his mom made. In fact everyone loved them. But what he read from the old diary had preoccupied his thoughts, that he didn't seem to enjoy them. The story he was reading made a lot of questions in his mind. Questions that had great significance with his and his parents life. Questions that, if answered, would unveil a lot of mysteries.

Questions that might shed light into the untimely death of his father.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Anil Nambiar in a hat-trick appearance! :) Dileep sir, does the name belong to someone very close to you, I vaguely remember that you said it alluded to a friend or a particular person you had in mind with the same personality/features of the fictional NIA agent in SS1 and 2.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

“Mom, you remember father was once hospitalized with an injury?” When it ultimately came out of his mouth, it was in none of the forms he had rehearsed.

“Yes, what with that?” Rajalakshmi was surprised at the blunt way Anil asked that.

“Was that a bullet wound?” Anil felt a bit awkward, because he was not following his own script.

“No. Who told you that?” She was surprised.

“No, I am just asking. Wasn't I away that time? I forgot what was the cause”. He knew his mom was smart enough to not buy that.

“He said he fell and injured on a re-bar jutting out.” She said, looking sharply into Anil's eyes. He averted the look and focused on the plate in front.

“He was treated at Dubey Hospital here, as I remember.” He said, as if to himself.

“Yes. The wound had gone septic, so he had to stay at the hospital for a few days” She said, unsure of where the conversation is going.

“Where was he when the injury happened?” He asked, trying to be as casual as possible.

“I don't know. He was undercover that time.” She said, and quickly added “Hey, why do you ask all these, now?”

Anil knew better not to raise his face. He could sense the all knowing eyes of his mother going over him. It took a moment for him to fall back on something he had thought of.

“I had a dream last night about that incident. That is why.” He said with a sigh. He felt good on the quality of delivery of that lie. He then sat there, considering and framing the next question carefully.

“Who brought him to the hospital, mom?” He was happy the way it came out.

“I don't remember. He was brought in the police ambulance from somewhere. He never told me the details himself, and you know that I don't ask” She said, and seem to fall into thoughts.

Anil Nambiar knew that he reached the limit with his first source. He had finished eating the iddlies, so he silently rose and walked up to wash his hands.

Rajalakshmi Nambiar gazed after him. A trace of unexplained fear and anxiety clouded her mind.
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

Hmmmm, so Mr. Nambiar Senior memoired his own story, offsetting it a few centuries and fitting it into the age of kings. Brilliant.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Vanchinathan IPS looked curiously at the constable who came in and saluted. He was not expecting any visitors at that hour, and the orderly knew that the boss should not be disturbed. It must be something or someone really important that made him come in.

“What is it Jagdish?” He asked.

“Sir, CG Sir's son has come.” He said in the low gentle voice somewhat unbecoming of a policeman.

“Who?” He didn't get it for a moment.

“Sir, our late C.G. Nambiar Sir was there, no? His son Anil has come.” Jagdish explained.

“Oh, that boy. Tell him to take a seat, and get him some tea or something. I will see him in a moment.”

Govindan Nambiar was more than a superior to Vanchinathan. They met when the young Vaanchinathan came to Delhi, freshly deputed to IB from the Tamil Nadu service. He started off under the man he came to love and respect a lot. He always attributed everything he achieve in his IB service to the man, though CG himself would modestly deny it. They had to part ways when CG was sent back from IB to his old place. They kept in touch nevertheless. The tragic and untimely demise of the man had left Vanchi in deep sorrow, and he did whatever he could to ease the lot for the widow and children of his respected guru.

Anil Nambiar, whom he loved like a little brother of his own, could not be left waiting. Vanchinathan rose from his chair and walked to the visitors lobby in the front.

Seeing him walk in, Anil respectfull stood up. Vanchi came up and shook hands.

“Nice to see you Anil. How is your mother?” He asked, visibly warmly.

“She is fine, Sir. How are you?” Anil reciprocated respectfully.

“How is your studies going?” Anil had got used to that question so much, that the canned answer automatically came up.

It was only after a lot of pleasantries that Vanchinathan asked the purpose of the visit. Though he had well rehearsed, Anil found it difficult to open the subject. He had never discussed things related to the work even to his dad, let alone with his colleagues.
“Sir, can you tell me anything about the injury dad sustained, two years before his death”. He came forthwith bluntly, and regretted it instantly, as Vanchinathan's brow wrinkled.

“If it is not a major inconvenience to you, that is.” He quickly added.

He watched the slow change in the countenance, that ended in almost a smile.

“No inconvenience at all. What you want to know?” Vanchinathan said. Though he tried hard, Anil sensed what looked like a sigh.

“Who treated him first, Sir?” Anil asked, while intently looking at the man's eyes. He clearly saw the iris instantly dilate.

Vanchinathan did not answer for a long time. He withdrew his eyes and cast them down, as he brooded deep in his thoughts. Finally, as if made a resolution. He looked back at Anil and said in a deliberate neutral tone.

“In Sikandrabad. Asha Hospital.” He then looked at Anil, expecting the next question, or an explanation for asking the one to begin with.

Nothing came forth. Instead, some questions that is related to the Civil Services examination was made, which were answered promptly. Anil took his leave and left, and it did not escape Vanchi's eyes that his mood had changed.

“I wish you well in your quest, little brother. Vanchinathan told to himself. “You indeed are the son of CG. Just stay away from trouble unlike your father.”.

With a sigh, Vanchinathan IPS rose from the chair, and slowly walked back to his office room, deep in thoughts.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The old TVS Suzuki motorcycle was doing all it can to go as fast as it can. The 100CC two stroke engine that was handed down from the Japanese was simple and inefficient. There was not even a separate oil circuit. You added the lubricant into the petrol, which got into the engine via the carburetor. Those engines didn't generate too much power, and the smoke trail, uniquely smelling of burnt oil and unburnt leaded petrol used to be the signature for Indian cities in those days. It was the dream of every young man to own one of those 'bikes'.

Sikandarabad was sixty odd kilometres from where he was. Still Anil decided to ride up there. He felt that reading the diary further should be done only after getting a handle on what he think it is all about. He had started reading casually, but as it progressed, it took more concentration and effort, as he read the words, lines, and in between those. He was dead tired, not only from sleep deprivation, but also from the mental effort involved in the process.

It was noontime when he reached Sikandrabad. The town was somewhat deserted. He had no clue where Asha hospital was. As he approached the town, he made some inquiries, but none seemed to know anything about it. Finally he saw a medical shop and hoped to get some information from there.

The old pharmacist was sitting behind the counter, reading something. He had the long shabby beard and a skull cap, typical to old muslim men of those areas. An old pair of spectacles rested on his nose, as he concentrated in his reading, despite the small wavy motion of his head due to early parkinsons. Anil parked his bike and walked to the shop. The old man was too much indulged in his reading, he didn't notice Anil. After waiting a bit, Anil cleared his throat.

“Salute, sir. Do you know where is Asha Hospital here?”

The man turned to him, and peered over his glasses. A pair of eyes, deep set in the sockets guarded by wrinkles skin and dark rings made by years of toil looked at him miserably.

“Who are you Son?” a voice, as ancient as the face, croaked.

“I am coming from Delhi. Could you tell me where is Asha hospital here?”

“Why do you ask, son?” The man asked in a soft, but insistent tone that is peculiar to old folk. Anil was a bit irritated by that question.

“Why? I want to go there, baaba.” He managed to hide his displeasure.

“Why do you go there? Is someone sick?” It didn't go quite well with Anil. He was in fact in a hurry. He must get back to Delhi before it is late. He didn't want his mom to figure out what he was up to.

“Nothing like that, baaba. Just tell me where it is.” The voice was a bit harsh. The man's eyes narrowed.

“Are you angry? With the babbling old man?' He attempted a smile. “The Asha hospital is no more. The new owner has renamed it to Dr. Yadav's Hospital”.

Anil was surprised. “New owner?” He blurted out.

“Yes. The heirs sold it off” He said, with a sigh.

“Heirs? I don't understand, baaba” Anil was really confused.

“Yes, the lady didn't have children, right? After she died, someone from her husband's family took it over. They knew nothing about hospitals. Greedy folk! They sold it off”. For some unexplained reason, the man seemed to be angry.

A bulb flickered in Anil's brain.

“The lady doctor, what's her name..” He trailed off, as if thinking.

“Lakshmi Sharma”, the old man filled in. “Very nice lady. Everyone liked her, but allah wished otherwise..” He looked up to heavens. Anil felt a jolt of adrenaline.

“Yes, what happened to her husband?” Anil asked, trying to hide the excitement in his voice.

“He had gone long ago. Poor lady. The hospital and patients were her life thereafter.” The man went into a monologue. “Liked me a lot too. Used to give me sample medicines to give zakath. Allah keep her!” Anil suspected that the man's eyes went moist.

“How did she die?”

“Oh, my son, allah gave her a bad death. Who am I to complain. Allah knows best.”

“Bad death?” Surprisingly, Anil found himself not surprised much.

“I don't know, son. Some say accident. Some say murder. Good people go first. Bad people survive.” His voice broke up.

“That is terrible, baba. Where is this hospital? I would like to go there.” Anil said. The man reluctantly gave him directions. As Anil walked back to his bike, his melancholy eyes followed him.

Anil did not go to the hospital. He already knew what he wanted to know.
nsarma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nsarma »

Man, this stuff is opium !! Made me read through all posts in one sitting. This is story telling of very very high quality. You must publish your book, happy to book first copy :)
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Allright, folks. That is the end of section 1. And I almost ran out of buffer. I was thinking that I would be left alone in the hotel to write, but I guess I have a lot more friends than I realize. Now that I am trying to wrap up things for the return trip, I don't foresee much opportunity to write for several days.

So, rather than posting the few pages of the next section, I am giving it a pause here. It is time to reminisce.

As I mentioned in the beginning, I was a bit skeptic to run the book here on BRF. I felt vindicated when a serious admirer of SS-2 told me that he doesn't follow SSG. I also know that some did enjoy this one. It is all in the taste of the individual.

It is time to hear from you all who follow (or not follow) this. I want to get a feel on how it went till now.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Dileep wrote:Allright, folks. That is the end of section 1. And I almost ran out of buffer. I was thinking that I would be left alone in the hotel to write, but I guess I have a lot more friends than I realize. Now that I am trying to wrap up things for the return trip, I don't foresee much opportunity to write for several days.

So, rather than posting the few pages of the next section, I am giving it a pause here. It is time to reminisce.

As I mentioned in the beginning, I was a bit skeptic to run the book here on BRF. I felt vindicated when a serious admirer of SS-2 told me that he doesn't follow SSG. I also know that some did enjoy this one. It is all in the taste of the individual.

It is time to hear from you all who follow (or not follow) this. I want to get a feel on how it went till now.
Please keep the story up. It is getting interesting.
nmadhav
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nmadhav »

Please continue writing. I feel that SSG is even better than SS-2. Not only is it a really good read, but it also gives a peek through time.
armenon
BRFite

Post by armenon »

Just got in to my new job and running around like mad setting up stuff. Popped in just to read the story. Please do not stop.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Boss, this is the best story you wrote. Keep going.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

merlin wrote:Boss, this is the best story you wrote. Keep going.
By far the best. Keep going man -- please; pretty please.