India-US Strategic News and Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Post by Ambar »

CRamS wrote:
With such paranoid, xenophobic, racist zomby mindset, it infuriates me that they have the gall to pontificate about human rights and other self-righteous crap.

What was this poor guy's crime other than stupidity?
He should have known better. We live in an age where even a 2 inch trimming scissors are confiscated, and this guy carries brass knuckles, why did he need those anyways? I do agree,the color of his skin and a south asian passport were probably denied him the 'benefit of doubt' that someone with white skin would have been granted, but in this new age of terror where a new plot unfolds every other month,one needs to be sensible while traveling by air,esp. in Western Europe and US.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

ramana wrote:Also a lot of Indians have been hounded suspecting them to be Muslims. Even those born in US. Should see the xenophobia at first hand.
I had the experience in the midwest many years ago. Was with a friend who was driving and another car hit it. All the people nearby accused my friend who is an Indian for causing the accident. It is that simple.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Ambar wrote:He should have known better. We live in an age where even a 2 inch trimming scissors are confiscated, and this guy carries brass knuckles, why did he need those anyways? I do agree,the color of his skin and a south asian passport were probably denied him the 'benefit of doubt' that someone with white skin would have been granted, but in this new age of terror where a new plot unfolds every other month,one needs to be sensible while traveling by air,esp. in Western Europe and US.
There is no issue with the questioning or the detainment. It is the treatment meted out to him while in detainment...giving him meat sandwiches alone for a vegetarian etc..that is despicable..."leader" of the "free world"...
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Gus wrote:
There is no issue with the questioning or the detainment. It is the treatment meted out to him while in detainment...giving him meat sandwiches alone for a vegetarian etc..that is despicable..."leader" of the "free world"...
Gus, it is a jail,and jails in this country belong to the US 'prison enterprise'. I am not sure about TX, but Alabama and TN have laws that allows jailers to pocket the money that they save in the jails under them.I remember an incident in Alabama where prisoners were served dry bread with sprayed cheese as 'meals' everyday and needless to say,the jailer was making ~1 million $ in bonuses while prisoners turned bare bones. Sri Vijay Kumar should have been smart enough not to carry weapons while traveling by air,he just paid a heavy price for his stupidity.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

More on the ground-zero mosque tamasha. I am not yet ready to call a prediction, but I am beginning to sense that Muslims will be bought off. Did anybody notice TSP ambassador Haqqani do a gubo session on Fox. He wants a compromise, meaning move the mosque, earning him huge brownie points not only on Fox, and for sure those in DC.

Its now a question of H&D on both sides. I find this "sensitivity" issue complete BS. Basically, whites are telling Mulims to f%^&k off (and they may have a good reason for saying so), and have thrown themselves into such a tizzy, like TSP has over Kashmir, that if the Muslims don't budge, then it means Muslims have "won" when in fact all that Muslims were doing was exercising their constitutional right. If Muslims on the other hand back off, I feel its a slippery slope not just for Muslims, but for all religions and beyond.

This mosque entertainment reminds me of what Black intellectuals often quote as the distuinguishing characterestic between whites in the South and whites elsewhere. The former's attitude towards blacks is you can stay close to me provided you continue as my slave, while later would say, I don't have an issue with you as long as you don't come anywhere close to me. What we are seeing on this mosque issue are Amercians in these two categories, neither one of which is flattering towards Muslims.

I hope the babus and elites in Dilli are keeping track of this and respond appropriately when "freedom house" or some other pipsqueak org in DC comes out with their annual religious freedom BS and points a finger at India.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

The Indiawallahs

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/The-I ... ahs/680481

Good article (except 2-3 sentences)
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>If Muslims on the other hand back off, I feel its a slippery slope not just for Muslims, but for all religions and beyond.

This may be true only if followers of other religions do a 9/11 and then demand a place of their worship on or close enough to the site to make people of virtually all other faiths uncomfortable. Otherwise, the Americans are quite capable of sticking to their own constitution. This is an issue because the community centre which will serve as a mosque IS an issue. It is about time the adherents of the religion of peace consider the sensitivities of others with a vigor equal to their articulation of their own sensitivities.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Well...if the mosque near ground zero indeed comes to a reality...Muslims can happily smirk in the face of New Yorkers.
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Meh, this mosque isn't that close to ground zero. For lower manhattan, two blocks away isn't close at all, you wouldn't know GZ was nearby. It is not like they are building the mosque right on top of the WTC. Just wait till election is over and this will be gone from the news.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Venkarl wrote:Well...if the mosque near ground zero indeed comes to a reality...Muslims can happily smirk in the face of New Yorkers.
Thats when the real tolerance and respect shows up. For a country that has the gall to issue "huma rights" violation warning to India fighting a bunch of secessionist Muslim traitors in Kashmir, this is the standard they have set for themselves and l"d like to see them uphold it. No ifs and buts. None of this "Oh we respect Muslims onlee, but we don't want it near ground zero" type of sophistry.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Fareed bhai saved his skin pretty good tody on CNN by putting on a few white home-land security & CIA honchos who also agreed with him that there was an over-reaction to 9/11 :-).
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Marten wrote:It isn't the mosque by itself that is as inflammatory as the Cordoba name being used for the center/initiative. The association with the conversion of the grandest, biggest, holiest Byzantine Church in the world to a mosque has specific significance with the falling of the towers. The complete absence of sensitivity to other Americans is amazing. In fact, the subterfuge has not raised enough tempers. Given that this year will change the composition and strengths of both houses, this issue is only beginning to be exploited.
No, this Baraabri Masjid mosque is by itself quite inflammatory, and the Cordoba name is just extra salt on the wound. But it's interesting to watch how Americans cope with the creeping expansion of Islam in their country. It's good to see them facing the consequences of their own geo-political gamesmanship. When Muslims reach a large enough number in any part of the USA, then they'll be demanding Sharia - they're too stupid to not want to.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

My suggestion for the filmmaker would be to write a detailed memoir of his US visit. He should especially document the inhumane treatment of prisoners in US. It is very important for us third worlders to know what the real standards are as opposed to the perceived ones.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

One major difference is that US has only been subjected to such a horrific terrorist attack only a limited number of times. India is subjected to it daily. One wonders what the tolerance level of the average American would be to the suggestion of a mosque built over the victim's graves given the latter. They can barely stomach the former from the looks of it.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Well, Indians are used to being walked on, so we've set a standard nobody can imitate.

Meanwhile, the new liberalization policy for the education sector is drawing 2nd-rate American universities more than 1st-rate ones, claims the NYT:

Midlevel Universities Look Into India Branches
Last edited by Sanjay M on 13 Sep 2010 04:37, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Ambar wrote:...Sri Vijay Kumar should have been smart enough not to carry weapons while traveling by air,he just paid a heavy price for his stupidity.
yeah...let's blame the victim..
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://worldmeets.us/rossijskayagazeta000008.shtml
World War III Postponed: But for How Long?

On Friday it became known that for the moment, the pastor has been persuaded to abandon “playing with matches.” Instead of destroying holy books on September 11, he would meet with the leader of New York’s Muslim community. The theme of the conversation is not at all theological - moving a mosque which city authorities have given Muslims a permit to build in the immediate proximity of the twin towers site. Jones even specifically addressed his supporters, asking them not to burn anything on September 11 because “the time is not yet ripe.” But the stubborn pastor warned all parties concerned: he has called off his action only in exchange for a promise, obtained from one of the leaders of the state’s Muslim Islamic community, to move the mosque to a different location. But since no one has confirmed such a promise, the pastor said that the Quran burning has only been postponed until circumstances can be clarified.

One Rossiyskaya Gazeta reader who commented on this story drew attention to two questions that remain unanswered. The first is that radicals in many countries will, without hesitation, burn before the cameras the American flag - a symbol of state no less holy for many United States residents. And no one interferes with this self expression. Also - these bonfires are accepted throughout the world as something natural, as if this is how it should be. His second point is the following: all prominent terrorist attacks over recent years have been committed by followers of Islam. Terrorist attacks involving Christians or Buddhists are unknown. So why the Muslims? What is it - is it the modern prototype of the Crusades, or an attempt by an entirely unknown “third power” to instigate a new, religious world war to impose a geopolitical revision of the world?

La Stampa, Italy

The World at the Mercy of an Idiot
How can this obscure reverend in the mood for provocations become a global phenomenon, instead of being pitied by his countrymen?

http://watchingamerica.com/News/68140/t ... -an-idiot/
Last edited by svinayak on 13 Sep 2010 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Its turning point day. Under National Security implications Constitutional right got trampled. Further erosion after 9-11.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Gus wrote:
Ambar wrote:...Sri Vijay Kumar should have been smart enough not to carry weapons while traveling by air,he just paid a heavy price for his stupidity.
yeah...let's blame the victim..
Question for all of us: Did our esteemed Meera Shankar or her consul general in Houston ever meet with VK or intercede on his behalf like the Indian High Commissioner to OZ did with Dr. Haneef?

Anyone lose any sleep?

JMT
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Another sharp contrast between India and US, is that in US, there is no self censorship or otherwise to calling terrorism as Isalmic terrorism. Even the most liberal of liberals use the phrase radical Isalmic terrorism, or Isalmic extremism. And I have not seen one mainstream journo, not one, draw any equivalence with even the most rabid Christians like this pastor nut ball, and Isalmic extremists. In India, one can't even use the phrase Isalmic terrorism, while even someone like PC can show off his silly "saffron terror" machismo. Thoo.
saket
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saket »

Sanjay M wrote:Well, Indians are used to being walked on, so we've set a standard nobody can imitate.

Meanwhile, the new liberalization policy for the education sector is drawing 2nd-rate American universities more than 1st-rate ones, claims the NYT:

What an astoundlingly ignorant article.
“There is a high level of interest only from the Tier 2 institutions to do things in a serious manner,” said M. Anandakrishnan, chairman of one of the branches of the government-financed Indian Institute of Technology, or IIT. Some of the names in this category are the Georgia Institute of Technology, the Virginia Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh and the Schulich School of Business in Toronto.
GATech is better than any of the Ivy Leagues in Engineering, CMU is a top ranked CS school and VATech is also an excellent Tech school. These are all top tier schools to which our IITs dont hold a candle currently (I can say, I was at IIT, GATech and CMU). Plus, CMU has a foreign campus in Qatar and GATech has one in Lorraine, France.
I think its great that schools like CMU, GATech, VATech etc are planning on opening campus in India. My hope is that it will lead to more and better PhD level output in India.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

The NYT just likes to publicize any shortcomings on India that it can. They're an Atlanticist mouthpiece. The Ivy Leagues are overrated and only have a name - they're the ones who stand to lose the most as other nations rise along with their educational institutions.

Meanwhile, "Build my mosque, or bad things will happen to you," warns Imam Rauf.

Mosque retreat will feed extremism, warns NY imam
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

^
I know a great deal about anticolonialism, because I am a native of Mumbai, India. I am part of the first Indian generation to be born after my country's independence from the British. Anticolonialism was the rallying cry of Third World politics for much of the second half of the 20th century. To most Americans, however, anticolonialism is an unfamiliar idea, so let me explain it.
:-?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

saket wrote:
Sanjay M wrote:Well, Indians are used to being walked on, so we've set a standard nobody can imitate.

What an astoundlingly ignorant article.
“There is a high level of interest only from the Tier 2 institutions to do things in a serious manner,” said M. Anandakrishnan, chairman of one of the branches of the government-financed Indian Institute of Technology, or IIT. Some of the names in this category are the Georgia Institute of Technology, the Virginia Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh and the Schulich School of Business in Toronto.
GATech is better than any of the Ivy Leagues in Engineering, CMU is a top ranked CS school and VATech is also an excellent Tech school. These are all top tier schools to which our IITs dont hold a candle currently (I can say, I was at IIT, GATech and CMU). Plus, CMU has a foreign campus in Qatar and GATech has one in Lorraine, France.
I think its great that schools like CMU, GATech, VATech etc are planning on opening campus in India. My hope is that it will lead to more and better PhD level output in India.
The only Ivy League that is good in engineering is Cornell. The Ivy League colleges bring a top level graduate education in science, medicine, law and the liberal arts. Typically when talking of the Ivy League, you have to throw in MIT, Stanford and Univ. of Chicago in to the mix as well. MIT & Stanford are quite good in engineering.
Mauli
BRFite

Post by Mauli »

May Be OT but this D'Souza guy dated Ann Coulter.
Coulter has been engaged several times, but never married.[16] She has dated Spin founder and publisher Bob Guccione, Jr.,[26] and conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Sanjay M wrote: Meanwhile, "Build my mosque, or bad things will happen to you," warns Imam Rauf.

Mosque retreat will feed extremism, warns NY imam
On the contrary I see a hint of downhill sking by the Imam (he is also on CNN doing the same):

But imam Feisal Abdul Rauf did not rule out that developers would move the Islamic center, telling ABC: "The decisions that I will make -- that we will make -- will be predicated on what is best for everybody."
Now I am ready to call my predction. The mosque won't be built. Key Muslim figures will be bought off. And there will lots of fanfare in the media and elsehwere as to how a "deal" has brought people together, lots of BS about Islam being a religion of peace bala bla, I mean lots of gas to soothe the H&D of Muslims after basically telling them to f$%^&k off :-). (And I also won't be surpirsed if TSP RAPE like Haqqani will continue to seize the moment to gubo profusely, and such RAPE will given promimence in the media as to how statesmanlike "moderate Muslims" are). Kind of like the stuff that makes me throw up: B52 bombers raining lethal bombs over the hapless Iraqis, with video-game commentary on CNN/FoX, and then showing missionaries distributing food packets and Sanjay Gupta performing brain surgery on some Iraqi child as examples of US compassion :-).
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Mauli wrote:Coulter has been engaged several times, but never married.[16] She has dated Spin founder and publisher Bob Guccione, Jr.,[26] and conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter
Thanks for that information. Probing deeper from the wiki links, Dinesh D' Souza a.k.a Distort D'Newza is extremely rich. Fairbanks Ranch, CA is the second costliest place to live in US. The median income is 200k per year for a family. Distort D' Newza is a coconut and is so right viewed that he will put a right winger to shame.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

A "common prayer centre" for all religions could be built near "Ground Zero",ther ecould be no objection to that and it would live upto the high ideals of the USA's founding fathers.I'm sure both sides of ther argument can accept that.

Meanwhile,"Marshal Obama" has sent a clear warning to one-time poodle,Britain,now led by Cameron and not Tiny B'Liar,that it will lsoe its special relationship if it cuts its defence budget,what arrogance indeed!
By the same yardstick,what does the Indo-US special "STrategic relationship" also mean? Is all that it means is for India to fight America's wars,as Britain did under Blair,buy vast quantities of US arms like Trident,JSFs,etc.? India under MMS has made it appears,secret agreements to buy huge quantities of US arms (we see it with controversial FMS sales that are bypassing established protocol),nuclear plants,selling off India's "family jewels" of PSUs and "Navaratnas",depriving India's indigenous tribals of their thousands of years of heritage by gifting their land to foreign MNCs-in short enslaving India not for a few centuries as we suffered under the British,but for millenia!

Defence cut threat to the special relationship
Inflicting deep cuts on the Armed Forces could threaten the Special Relationship between Britain and the US, President Barack Obama’s defence department has warned the Government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... nship.html
In private exchanges, the Pentagon told defence ministers and senior officials that the US was worried Britain’s cuts could widen the transatlantic divide in military power and spending.

The warning could put new pressure on the Treasury to limit planned cuts in Britain’s defence capabilities.
Robert Gates, the US defence secretary, has also discussed the coming cuts with Dr Fox. It is understood that he has told the Defence Secretary that the US believes it is vital that Britain retains its nuclear deterrent and its extensive intelligence-gathering operations.

He also underlined the American desire for Britain’s special forces units to be able to participate in US-led counter-terrorism operations.

Dr Fox, a passionate supporter of the Special Relationship, is said to be committed to allaying the American fears. As The Daily Telegraph reported on Saturday, special forces units are likely to be among the few winners from the defence review. Their numbers could rise, even though thousands of other service personnel face the axe.

However, some senior officers are worried that likely cuts in manpower will make it harder to maintain the elite quality of units such as the SAS.

The Trident nuclear deterrent is also set to be renewed, but work on a replacement weapons system could be delayed. Delaying the construction of new nuclear-armed submarines could allow Britain to synchronise its ship-building programme with America, which will start replacing its Trident submarines later this decade.
PS:As said before,all that America wants is for India to "mesh" itself with the US's armed forces and be projected as the major military ally against China in the Asia-Pacific region.It is arguable that the increased Chinese military activity is partly a reaction and counter to the secret Indo-US plan that MMS is trying desperately to lead us into.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

^ On Kuran burning controversy
So it would be ok if we call for riots and kill muslims wherever we can find them because some Muslim terrorists in Afghanistan destroyed Statues of Gautam Budh. Why should destroying temples and idols be kosher for Muslims but reverse calls for riots , murders and charges of xenophobia ?
Muslims need to respect others religions if they want to be respected in return.
After idols of Gautam Budha are as holy to me as Kuran is to Islamists.
Now that the world knows how to push the buttons, so IMO Muslims every year will face issues related to their religion one one way or the others.
Atleast the western govt's will find it hard to clamp down explicitly be it cartoon, Draw Mohammad day on FB or Ko burning incident.
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

Nirupama to tour U.S. to set Obama visit agenda
The two sides, which are looking at a big idea or big ideas to frame Mr. Obama’s visit, will also work on ironing out irritants created by recent U.S. positions both on outsourcing and visa hike.

While Indians are not happy with the U.S. hiking the H1-B and L1 visa fee and one of its States, Ohio, imposing a ban on outsourcing, the Americans, too, have their gripes and expect their concerns to be addressed, including those on nuclear liability bill, which was recently passed by Parliament.

Mr. Obama is likely to visit India from November 9 to 11 and issues like easing of high-tech exports through removal of Indian companies from the U.S. Entity List and a greater strategic understanding on the Afghanistan-Pakistan issues are expected to figure in his meetings with the Indian leadership.
joshvajohn
BRFite

Post by joshvajohn »

US discusses China's 'assertiveness' with India
http://sify.com/news/us-discusses-china ... ddegd.html
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Obama Urged to Confront Islamic States on Religious Freedom
Some of the countries that were the most vocal about the threatened Quran-burning also are among the countries where intolerance of religious minorities is widespread and often state-sanctioned, according to advocacy groups.
Out of almost 200 countries reviewed in the State Department’s annual report on religious freedom, Saudi Arabia is one of just two where basic religious freedom has been found not to exist. (The other is North Korea.) It is also believed to be the only country where formal churches are banned.
Until the wording was dropped in September 2007, Saudi Arabian Airlines on its Web site warned openly that among items prohibited for visitors were “Bibles, crucifixes, statues, carvings, items with religious symbols such as the Star of David, and others.”
Asked how he thought such a challenge would be most effectively made to the Saudi government, Alyami said a private appeal would be “useless.” It would need to be public.
It also should not be made through the United Nations, where the assembly is dominated by “Muslim and non-Muslim dictators who harbor ills toward democratic values
A small minority might object but by looking at other Gulf countries who share similar cultural values and have allowed churches, and even Hindu temples, building churches and temples in Riyadh would attract very little objection from the people.
It is unfortunate that U.S. administration is [promoting] freedom of Muslims in U.S.A. but is silent on religious freedom and constructions of churches in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Malaysia, and Pakistan where construction of new churches is impossible due to legal procedures,” he said.
situation has worsened after ombaba became potus.
1) Madame clinton was in TSP when a young christian nurse raped and murdered, and emmanuel brothers murdered outside court room after acquittal. she did not comment on them.
2) Ombaba administartion is silent on islamic states atrocities on minorities- christians.
3) his interfaith speech in cairo did not touch upon persecution of minorities in islamic states
He said the situation in the region had worsened since Obama took office, attributing this to his “policy of abandoning the push for democracy and human rights in the Middle East.”
“In Saudi Arabia, dozens of Shia mosques are closed, something that never happened before, the local elections for powerless councils that started for the first time under [President] Bush were canceled.”
Deterioration was also seen in Bahrain, Egypt and Iran.
Al-Ahmed said. “Now, many of the same Middle East activists who criticized Bush over the Iraq invasion yearn for his time after they saw what Obama has done.”and Saudi Arabia have witnessed some of the most serious religious freedom violations reported anywhere over the past decade.
May be history will be lot kinder to Bush :twisted: :evil:
ombaba appears to be losing everywhere.
achit
BRFite

Post by achit »

Dinesh D'Souza - Forbes link
[quote]...
Colonialism today is a dead issue. No one cares about it except the man in the White House. He is the last anticolonial. Emerging market economies such as China, India, Chile and Indonesia have solved the problem of backwardness; they are exploiting their labor advantage and growing much faster than the U.S. If America is going to remain on top, we have to compete in an increasingly tough environment.

But instead of readying us for the challenge, our President is trapped in his father's time machine. Incredibly, the U.S. is being ruled according to the dreams of a Luo tribesman of the 1950s. This philandering, inebriated African socialist, who raged against the world for denying him the realization of his anticolonial ambitions, is now setting the nation's agenda through the reincarnation of his dreams in his son. The son makes it happen, but he candidly admits he is only living out his father's dream. The invisible father provides the inspiration, and the son dutifully gets the job done. America today is governed by a ghost.[/quote]
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He is a fine one to talk about ghosts!

Aside is Ombaba the new Constantine for a convergence?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

VikasRaina wrote:So it would be ok if we call for riots and kill muslims wherever we can find them because some Muslim terrorists in Afghanistan destroyed Statues of Gautam Budh. Why should destroying temples and idols be kosher for Muslims but reverse calls for riots , murders and charges of xenophobia ?
Muslims need to respect others religions if they want to be respected in return.
KSA, Talibanic Afg etc are all declared muslim states. As such, they have declared themselves to be an islamic theocracy.

USA etc are avowed secular nations. They can't say "well you are not doing it, so we won't be allowing it".

To avoid any misunderstandings, pl note that I am in no way arguing a case for muslim outrage.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

achit wrote:Dinesh D'Souza - Forbes link
Colonialism today is a dead issue. No one cares about it except the man in the White House. He is the last anticolonial. Emerging market economies such as China, India, Chile and Indonesia have solved the problem of backwardness; they are exploiting their labor advantage and growing much faster than the U.S. If America is going to remain on top, we have to compete in an increasingly tough environment.

But instead of readying us for the challenge, our President is trapped in his father's time machine. Incredibly, the U.S. is being ruled according to the dreams of a Luo tribesman of the 1950s. This philandering, inebriated African socialist, who raged against the world for denying him the realization of his anticolonial ambitions, is now setting the nation's agenda through the reincarnation of his dreams in his son. The son makes it happen, but he candidly admits he is only living out his father's dream. The invisible father provides the inspiration, and the son dutifully gets the job done. America today is governed by a ghost.[/quote]
Dinesh D'Souza is a right wing nut. He writings appear in the US right wing websites.
naren
BRFite

Post by naren »

(not sure if it was posted before...)

Record number of Indian Americans vie for U.S. House
The uptick illustrates a political coming-of-age for Indian Americans, who make up less than 1% of the U.S. population but are among the most affluent and well-educated immigrant groups in the United States. Nearly 38% of Indian Americans held advanced degrees in 2008, compared with 10.2% of the U.S. population in general, according to the most recent U.S. Census Bureau figures.

"This is a community that has done financially and professionally well and has the resources to serve as a springboard for these candidates," says Udai Tambar, an Indian-American political organizer who helped found the New York chapter of South Asians for Obama.
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

akashganga wrote: Dinesh D'Souza is a right wing nut. He writings appear in the US right wing websites.
Dinesh D'Souza is no ordinary right-wing nut -- he's a pseudo-secular nut who complains that "the angry old men from the American right" are persecuting Muslims, and that Muslims are natural allies of the political right who should be cultivated.

In this sense, he sounds more like an Indian Christian activist than an American Christian activist.

He's a big critic of anyone who criticizes Islam, and as a result he's fallen out of favour with the American Right. That's why he's no longer welcome at the American Enterprise Institute, etc.

It's ironic then that he always tries to distance himself from India by referring to it in alien terms, when his Indian psec-ness shines through his facade.

Btw, does anybody know what Bobby Jindal's position is on the Islamist threat to America? I'd be interested in knowing.