Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
dinesha
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by dinesha »

Dmurphy wrote:
Bala Vignesh wrote:What's an EW vehicle doing in the CWG security ORBAT???
Jamming "detonate bomb" signals? Just a guess.
Just came back from the opening ceremony.... Excellent program..

The above vehicle was parked along with Two Army Trucks which had huge “Bomb Disposal Team’ written over it...

Inside the Stadium there were some Delhi Police Guys wearing jump suits and had “Anti-Sabotage Team” written over it...
Some CRPW commandos were carrying Kevlar Helmets and some old netted tin helmets..
Lots of SPG and NSG inside the stadium..

taken some photographs will upload soon..
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Bala Vignesh wrote:
What's an EW vehicle doing in the CWG security ORBAT???
In case of an incident normal comms can and do get overloaded. In most
western nations there is the practice of the military maintaining comms
redundancy for 'burst' use. My guess, this may be part of the 'net'. It is
unlikely that such a net does not exist in all Indian metropolitan cities.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Some more CWG Security pics

Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

nits wrote:Some more CWG Security pics
Could someone clarify whether that is an SLR with a scope attachment???
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
That is not SLR but Galil Sniper Rifle.
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

Hmm i thought it was an HK rifle..
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

Hmm i thought it was an HK rifle..

and this is a really really old picture from some other Event.. Republic day or something

http://www.insidethegames.biz/~dontreg/ ... police.jpg
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Bala Vignesh wrote:
nits wrote:Some more CWG Security pics
Could someone clarify whether that is an SLR with a scope attachment???
That's a cricket match..
CWG?
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

rkhanna wrote:Hmm i thought it was an HK rifle..

and this is a really really old picture from some other Event.. Republic day or something

http://www.insidethegames.biz/~dontreg/ ... police.jpg
Oops my bad in that case; none the less its a military picture :)
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Gaur wrote:^^
That is not SLR but Galil Sniper Rifle.
That doesn't look like a Galil. See the magazine, no grab handle, front grip. Its an SLR, but I have never seen one with a scope and in this role (marksman role, I mean)
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Looks like Chinnaswamy stadium...must be of a real old match!!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

isnt that one of the H&K sniper rifles?
Brando
BRFite

Post by Brando »

Its nice to see so many different kinds of security forces.

But why is it that none of them are wearing any sort of Body armor ?? Does the Delhi Police issue body armor ? The Nagaland female police don't seem to think body armor is of importance either, even though they are carrying automatic rifles!

Should a Fidayeen attack like the one in Mumbai take place, these security officers would need body armor to pose any serious resistance against a determined suicidal enemy before help arrives and the terrorists are outnumbered.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Brando wrote:Its nice to see so many different kinds of security forces.

But why is it that none of them are wearing any sort of Body armor ?? Does the Delhi Police issue body armor ? The Nagaland female police don't seem to think body armor is of importance either, even though they are carrying automatic rifles!

Should a Fidayeen attack like the one in Mumbai take place, these security officers would need body armor to pose any serious resistance against a determined suicidal enemy before help arrives and the terrorists are outnumbered.
I am hazarding a guess. I expect that these placements are not random. They are based on security threat levels. IMO body armor would mean that the units expect to face a serious threat. There are probably several rings of security anyway and a few more such as these added as pickles/achar.

Incidentally I think those girls look very smart and menacing.
Last edited by shiv on 04 Oct 2010 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Riza Zaman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Riza Zaman »

nits wrote:Image

Some q's to gurus...

1) Guy belong to which para?

2) Why the kit he is carrying on his shoulders is so bulky from front; genrally its bulky at back side...

3) Is he wearing internal Knee pads ?
Looks like the Delhi Police anti-terrorist unit (it's a newly raised quick reaction force). You can see them at high end locations and venues.
Riza Zaman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Riza Zaman »

Surya wrote:watching those poor soldiers trying to catch a nap in the dusty ground really bugs me

have seen it too many times

no #@@%#% jackass cares to provide half decent facilities
Surya, no offense but - if you've spent any time in the military, as a jawan in those conditions a rule of thumb is that you catch a nap whenever you can (if you're not on duty). A power nap during a 15 minute break works wonders. The collapsed bridge being rebuilt is in overdrive mode ... even putting down a few charpoys there would incur the wrath of the jawans because you'd be cluttering up the work area. You could argue that "facilities" could be put down elsewhere, but when your break time is limited to a few minutes, the dirt works fine. Our jawans are true sons of the earth, no pun intended. What seems to harsh conditions to city slickers is routine for them. The things they truly need are better health care for their families, a support system for their families to supplement their income and expanded benefits upon retirement.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

You guys mean H&K PSG1? Well, it seems to me that you may be correct. I had first thought that it was a synthetic variant of Galil Sniper. But I was clearly wrong. A simple google search shows that Galil sniper only sports wooden finishing.

Riza Zaman,
You may at least not worry regarding health care of IA soldiers and their families. AMC (Army Medical Corps) is present for this sole purpose. All the medical issues of the soldiers (and their dependents) are taken care of by AMC thorough their life. Same with IAF and IN.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

@Gaur

Could be the HK MSG 90 (the military version of the PSG 1)

Link - http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn27-e.htm

Image -
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

Found another image of security forces at CWG

The special commandos during the opening ceremony of the 19 th commonwealth Games 2010 at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium ,in New Delhi on Sunday
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

^^^ The Above Pic is of the SPG not special commandos. They are guarding the VVIPs at the opening. (President/Prince Charles) they are not dedicated to the CWGs
Its nice to see so many different kinds of security forces.
Yea but i can also thing of a couple of problems that can arise from having so many alphabet soups in the same field. Too many call signs. too many different SOPs.. hope they have spent sometime training and familiarising with each other so that there is no confusion if things go south.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Kalmadi is ex-IAF? :eek:

Radhey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Radhey »

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Yeah, ex Wg Cdr (I think). Probably trying to score brownie points with Prince Charles who is an RAF Air Chief Marshal (and a trained RAF pilot as well - helps when you are the prospective king)

Going by his medals - was definitelyin service in 65 and 71 wars. surprising decision to wear full sized medals on a civiian coat. normal practice is to wear miniatures.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Note Both IAF and IA have participated in Exercise Habu Nag 2010
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

animesharma wrote:Found another image of security forces at CWG

The special commandos during the opening ceremony of the 19 th commonwealth Games 2010 at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium ,in New Delhi on Sunday
They must be deployed in and around VIP lounge... there were not seen inside or outside the stadium.. not even at the VIP box..
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Are those SPG?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^Yes.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Any reason why the SPG folks up there will have BP for body but would leave their heads exposed ?
vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

just a small observation . they all are wearing same spectacles . looks like to be an standard issue . can they be something other then spectacles... like comm device .
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Austin wrote:Any reason why the SPG folks up there will have BP for body but would leave their heads exposed ?
We have tons of Navy SEALs pics guarding Karzai or Secret service pics guarding POTUS pics where there is no helmet?

It seems that inner circle of bodyguards of most such orgs dont seem to wear helmets for some reason..
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Does any one was able to get the pic of the CWG bridge which was rebuilt by army in just 4 days...? Kindly post if any one have it...
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

in close proximity helmets probably impede sound and vision and ability to move quickly
the eye protection is for blast/splinter/flash protection
they probably are wearing ear pieces and throat mikes for radio comms
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

I took this pics in the afternoon

Captain Vinay Kumar Sachan Smarak (Memorial)

Link

Total 10 pics.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

vivekmehta wrote:just a small observation . they all are wearing same spectacles . looks like to be an standard issue . can they be something other then spectacles... like comm device .
what kind of observation is that ? you want to take away their eye protection and add yet another (and hence completely useless) set of comm equipment in stead ?
doesn't make sense to me.
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Rahul, i "think" what he meant was- could it be that they are NOT spectacles and something else (like hidden comm. device)?
Apologies to both vivek and rahul if that wasn't the implied meaning :oops:
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Vivek ji....I think its just spectacles and no inbuilt comm sets...picture of the guy in the extreme left shows no signs....anyways...they might be using in-canal ear speaker and throat mic ...

the more I look at our SPG team..the more they remind me of 1st universal soldiers movie. :twisted:
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

nits wrote:Does any one was able to get the pic of the CWG bridge which was rebuilt by army in just 4 days...? Kindly post if any one have it...

vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

Rahul M wrote:
vivekmehta wrote:just a small observation . they all are wearing same spectacles . looks like to be an standard issue . can they be something other then spectacles... like comm device .
what kind of observation is that ? you want to take away their eye protection and add yet another (and hence completely useless) set of comm equipment in stead ?
doesn't make sense to me.
i was just thinking on these lines http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2008/0008344.html
abhishekm
BRFite

Post by abhishekm »

sum wrote:
Austin wrote:Any reason why the SPG folks up there will have BP for body but would leave their heads exposed ?
We have tons of Navy SEALs pics guarding Karzai or Secret service pics guarding POTUS pics where there is no helmet?

It seems that inner circle of bodyguards of most such orgs dont seem to wear helmets for some reason..
Bodyguards are meant to blend into the environment and make it hard for a potential assassin to spot his target. This is one of the reasons why US Secret Service agents don't wear helmets and sport the sharply tailored suits which closely resemble those worn by the President. If you observe the Secret Service agents form a screen around the President it becomes very difficult for someone to distinguish between the dark suits. On the other hand, if they were to wear helmets they would stick out like sore thumbs.

Not sure how this will apply to this bunch of SPG folks though. If they are indeed meant to form part of a tactical counter-offensive unit there's no reason why they ought not to be fully kitted out (kevlar helmets et al).

Any views from the Gurus? Let's try and put an end to this helmet discussion once and for all! If memory serves me correctly, this question was first asked way back on 26 January 2008 when photos showing this unit of the SPG were taken near the Red Fort on Republic Day :)