J & K news and discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: J & K news and discussion

Post by chetak »

sum wrote:Disgusting to see all our English MSM channels debating whether the GoI should go ahead with charge sheeting Geelani and the naxals for their Delhi speeches instead of thinking about what the punishment should be for such $#%@^!

NDTV is even playing Geelani's reaction to this development as a "breaking news"
His reaction was very contemptuous of the GOI.

That's why undie TV is slyly playing it again and again.

Somebody should send a rocket up their undie
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The brave jehadi mard of kashmir use children to fight their battles.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/kashmir-ston ... ml?from=tn

Kashmir stone-pelters funded by Pakistan'
Pawan Bali , CNN-IBN
Posted on Oct 25, 2010

Srinagar: Kashmir stone-pelters were funded by Pakistan, says the outgoing Director General of the CRPF in Jammu and Kashmir, as interlocutors prepare to talk to all sections. The DG of the CRPF, says stone pelting in the Valley was multi-dimensional and even had large scale monetary support of across the border.

Stone-pelters are a common sight on the streets of Kashmir over the last three months. Security forces are now saying these stone pelting protests are neither purely local nor sporadic but funded in a big way from across the border.

"There are intercepts which prove that there is support from outside and money comes from across which is paid to stone-pelters," said Special DG CRPF NK Tripathi.
aditya
BRFite

Post by aditya »

neeraj wrote:Geelani, Arundhati to be booked under sedition charge 8)
Finally looks like GOI has grown some b@@ls
What about all the other terrorist supporters? What about that Shuddhabrata Sengupta character who threatened a TV anchor in his blog?
Sudip
BRFite

Post by Sudip »

Sorry to say, I see no balls. I find it ridiculous. If sedition had to happen, then why permit it in the first place. I think for organising such meetings and conferences, permission has to be taken by the state government etc to book conference halls, organise security by Delhi Police etc.

Its like a gang taking permission from village chowkidaar to lynch an innocent guy. Then after the guy is dead, the chowkidaar coaxed by others comes arresting the gang.

Allowing the conference was no-doubt a stupid mistake. But having a knee-jerk reaction the next day on being pushed by the opposition, shows a spineless attitude. I see it as a farce. JMT
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://news.outlookindia.com/item.aspx?698717
Prepare Roadmap for 'Azaadi': Padgaonkar to Students
Next time when we come (to Kashmir), let us discuss 'azaadi' and its economic and strategic implications. We have to discuss it threadbare. If this is your wish, we can discuss it," he told a group of university students here.

"Prepare a roadmap with a time-line which can be delivered. Make it precise, make it practical, which can be achieved in a time-bound manner," the journalist told them.

The students presented to the interlocutors a three-point formula for reducing the trust-deficit.

The three-point formula suggested by them included the demand for immediate release of students and youths who have been arrested on charges of stone-pelting during the unrest, repeal of all the "draconian laws" and demilitarisation of the state.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The guys want simple things and he wants them to come up with azzadi timeline?
The students presented to the interlocutors a three-point formula for reducing the trust-deficit.

The three-point formula suggested by them included the demand for immediate release of students and youths who have been arrested on charges of stone-pelting during the unrest, repeal of all the "draconian laws" and demilitarisation of the state.
They dont want azaadi and yet he makes them think of it.

Moron!
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

I would've been happy if the exercise was to make them take a detached look at just how well an independant kashmir valley could function if azadi was granted. I mean, Jammu and Ladakh aren't going to join them in an independant principality. Its going to be just the kashmir valley according to their dreams. How big is KV anyway? It has

* Anantnag
* Kulgam
* Pulwama
* Shopian
* Budgam
* Srinagar
* Ganderbal
* Bandipora
* Baramulla
* Kupwara

Thats 10.

Jammu and Leh put together have 12 districts. So a part, not even half the state in number of districts wants to be independant. Lunacy anyone?
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

The KV KM Musim students are too naive! They should consider the possibility that Padgaonkar represents a GOI tactic to ferret out the sections more keen on "azaadi", and extract their plans for such dreams. The more they trust P, the more they are going to be betrayed after all.

I feel bad that a large number of young people are going to be betrayed again. :(
Fidel Guevara
BRFite

Post by Fidel Guevara »

chetak wrote:
Pratyush wrote:Neela,

This woman is seriously a gone case. She belongs in strait jacket and a paded room to prevent her from hurting her self.
She is also crafty like a fox. Such statements made in WKM land may not be actionable in India.
Actionable or not, she should be arrested and at least questioned, and maybe have her movements closely and obviously watched by some sinister-looking agents...I have something like this in mind.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Sudip wrote: Sorry to say, I see no balls. I find it ridiculous. If sedition had to happen, then why permit it in the first place. I think for organising such meetings and conferences, permission has to be taken by the state government etc to book conference halls, organise security by Delhi Police etc.
++1. A sick joke this is. If in fact, GOI had any b***, they would not have allowed this crap in the first place.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Pratyush wrote:CRS LOC ++ or any thing else is not possible. I am absolutely sure of that. Some one or some one else going for th ekill will only endup biting a brick wall without the ability of breaking it. The question is why are the men behind the wall so eager to go over and surrender. When staying within the wall will ensure their safety and gurantee victory for the nation.

IOW, why are they so intent on loosing when doing nothing gets them victory.
TSP will always force the issue, so even if India does nothing, TSP will. How did this stone pelting start all of a sudden? And the demands for AFSPA removal when the Indian arny had nothing to do with stone pelters' rage in the first place. But like all other tactically "brilliant" maneuvers by TSP, this one seems to have fizzled out, or at least loosing steam. But who knows, as the messiah's visit approaches, TSP might press the LET button.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Maharaja Hari Singh with his ADC Captain Diwan Singh

Maharaja spurned Mountbatten’s advice to join Pakistan:

On that day, Maharaja Sahib and Lord Mountbatten went on a drive together. Maharaja sahib was at the wheels and there was no one else in the car. I was later told that Lord Mountbatten had asked the King to join Pakistan. "I advise you to join Pakistan," were his exact words.

The Maharaja, however, did not go to the meeting the next day. Instead, he handed over a letter to me for Lord Mountbatten in which he stated that he would not be able to go ahead with the meeting. I handed over the letter to a staff member of Lord Mountbatten. From a distance I could hear Mountbatten shouting. He was out of my ear shot but he was clearly fuming. :twisted:

As the partition between India and Pakistan became a reality in August, Jammu and Kashmir was on tenterhooks though the Maharaja's heart was always with India. He would often say, "I can't send my population to the hawks" whenever the subject cropped up.

Jammu to celebrate Accession Day:

In a renewed fervour of nationalism in Jammu, thanks to the “controversial” statement made by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on the state’s accession to India, residents of Jammu are all set to make a big statement in favour of India on October 26.

For the first time since Independence, the Instrument of Accession anniversary on October 26 when Maharaj Hari Singh decided to accede to India, the city will be decked up for functions to be held by various organisations to assert the state being an integral part of the country.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

brihaspati wrote:The KV KM Musim students are too naive! They should consider the possibility that Padgaonkar represents a GOI tactic to ferret out the sections more keen on "azaadi", and extract their plans for such dreams. The more they trust P, the more they are going to be betrayed after all.

I feel bad that a large number of young people are going to be betrayed again. :(
+1.

There is no way a Padgaonkar or even almighty SG/RG can give aazadi to Kashmir, even at the cost of tens of thousands of lives.

Kashmiri youth should be careful of anyone offering the earth, heavens, and the 72 in the name of Kashmir. Their grand-parents were fooled by that, their fathers were fooled by that, and now they are being fooled by the Terrorist State of Pakistan and its ba*tard parents USA, UK, KSA and PRC+JPN/2.

If they have any dream of having kids and offering them a peaceful and progressive life, they should surrender their azadi nonsense to Indian constitution and become part of its proud children.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Sudip wrote:
I find it ridiculous. If sedition had to happen, then why permit it in the first place. I think for organising such meetings and conferences, permission has to be taken by the state government etc to book conference halls, organise security by Delhi Police etc.
Sudip, the Delhi Police have since clarified that no permission was indeed taken by the organizers. They probably felt that there could be problems with getting the permission and so organized it without one. The Police must now catch the owners of the Hall where the meeting took place and make an example of that person. That slimy terrorist SAR Geelani should also be caught because he seems to be the organizer.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Gurudev if no permission was taken then what were the cops on the scene doing ? They were quick to corner the protesters and the crowd that had gathered to protest against the fagots. They should have asked for permit and just stopped all the proceedings in absence of one, that way gobmint could have given a legal excuse to the one's frothing at the mouth regarding free speech etc.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

vijayk wrote:http://news.outlookindia.com/item.aspx?698717
Prepare Roadmap for 'Azaadi': Padgaonkar to Students
Next time when we come (to Kashmir), let us discuss 'azaadi' and its economic and strategic implications. We have to discuss it threadbare. If this is your wish, we can discuss it," he told a group of university students here.
This is a very dangerous line that Dilip Padgaonkar and his team have taken. Does he think he can win such an argument with somebody who is determined and unreasonable ? The interlocutors seem to be Arundhathi Roys in disguise.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

negi wrote:^ Gurudev if no permission was taken then what were the cops on the scene doing ?
The cops claim they came only after a scuffle broke out and they were called in.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

List of bandars who were supposed to attend:

http://www.kashmirglobal.com/content/ka ... t-21st2010

1. Syed Ali Shah Geelani (Chairman, Hurriyat Conference (G)) as Chief Guest
2. Arundhati Roy (Writer and Activist)
3. Najeeb Mubaraki (Assistant Editor, Economic Times)
4. S.A.R. Geelani (Professor DU & Working President CRPP)
5. Dr. Sheikh Showkat Hussain (Professor of Law, University of Kashmir)
6. Varvara Rao (Revolutionary Poet & Professor)
7. Gursharan Singh (Noted Dramatist and President of CRPP)
8. Shuddhabrata Sengupta (Artist and Writer)
9. Justice A.S. Bains (Retd. Chief Justice, Punjab High Court)
10. Dr. N. Venu (General Secretary, NPMHR)
11. Dr. Aparna (CPI (ML)- New Democracy)
12. Thiagu (Tamil Writer)
13. Malem (CPDM)
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

negi wrote:List of bandars who were supposed to attend:

12. Thiagu (Tamil Writer)
I have never heard of this guy. A little research showed that he is a naxalite who was sentenced to life imprisonment for murder and was released after 14 years in prison. Since then, he is working for Tamil separatism in Tamilnadu.

It is very clear that some unseen hand is directing all separatists together. Arundhathi Roy has completely identified herself with these forces. She feels that she is beyond law in this land because of her powerful connections with the media in India, Noam Chomsky, and 'Human Rights' organizations in the world. She would be immediately termed as a 'Prisoner of Conscience' if arrested and that is what she wants. The Police and the babus must use innovative techniques. All these people must be gagged.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

A.S. Bains has grown old by cursing everything Hindu. The man is more islamist in real nature than islamist themselves, a 400% certified Ghoosa.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

SSridhar wrote:
negi wrote:^ Gurudev if no permission was taken then what were the cops on the scene doing ?
The cops claim they came only after a scuffle broke out and they were called in.
If the clips of the seminar are to be believed, i could see Ak-47 yielding policemen in grey fatigues on the stage who were pushing back the KPs... They surely were there from before.

On second thoughts, maybe they were the PSOs of Shri Geelani and co..
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

>>She would be immediately termed as a 'Prisoner of Conscience' if arrested and that is what she wants.

No, that is not what she wants. She wants publicity so that her third rated books and articles can be sld. She is running the same scam that Chomsky runs in US. They both vocally oppose the society and economic system that sustains them. This gives them publicity with the imbeciles and/or frustrateds that can be found in every society. This is their loyal clientele. Their actions are comparable with the best marketing campaigns. Do you know that Chomsky raised his speaking fees from $9000 to $11000 in the weeks immediately after 9/11, because there was a demand spike for his speeches :).

These are truly some of the finest capitalists in the business of business. They sell frustration. What is surprising is that there is a market for that.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

sum wrote:If the clips of the seminar are to be believed, i could see Ak-47 yielding policemen in grey fatigues on the stage who were pushing back the KPs... They surely were there from before.

On second thoughts, maybe they were the PSOs of Shri Geelani and co..
You are right, I saw one gun-toting guy who certainly was not a policeman. Has SAS Geelani taken special permission from GoI to have those PSOs ? If so, GoI must immediately withdraw such protection for somebody who wants to secede from India. If GoI is paying for the PSOs, then it is all the more reason to withdraw this facility.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

abhischekcc wrote:>>She would be immediately termed as a 'Prisoner of Conscience' if arrested and that is what she wants.

No, that is not what she wants. She wants publicity so that her third rated books and articles can be sold. . . . These are truly some of the finest capitalists in the business of business. They sell frustration. What is surprising is that there is a market for that.
You may well be correct. I also suspect there could be another reason for her hatred for India. But, she is never going to openly flaunt all that inner Pakistaniyat. She would pretend martyrdom for the causes that she associates with for whatever reason.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I think Arundhati Suzanne Roy, no..wannabe.Ang San Soo Ki of India is competing with MMS for the Nobel in J&K sellout.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 26 Oct 2010 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

brihaspati wrote:The KV KM Musim students are too naive! They should consider the possibility that Padgaonkar represents a GOI tactic to ferret out the sections more keen on "azaadi", and extract their plans for such dreams. The more they trust P, the more they are going to be betrayed after all.

B, why feel so sad, if you are not clear about what you want and are not clear about the nature of the Indian state then it is not the states fault if you get taken for a ride.

So if the KV KM Students get betrayed then they get what what they deserve.

They remind me of Koop Mandook. Thinking that they are the center of the universe. When theis existence is just a samll dot on the face of this earth.

JMT
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Satya boss that is a highly inappropriate comparison in fact it plays right into the hands of the trouble makers.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Satya_anveshi wrote:I think Arundhati Suzanne Roy, no...Ang San Soo Ki of India is competing with MMS for the Nobel in J&K sellout.

Let her get it then. Any way who cares about the relic of a by gone era.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

SSridhar wrote:You are right, I saw one gun-toting guy who certainly was not a policeman. Has SAS Geelani taken special permission from GoI to have those PSOs ? If so, GoI must immediately withdraw such protection for somebody who wants to secede from India. If GoI is paying for the PSOs, then it is all the more reason to withdraw this facility.
Since the PSO looked like a CPMF, am sure it will be footed by GoI. The ex-CRPF DG had anyways mentioned that JKP and CRPF guard the Hurri-rats and these same guys were pelting stones on their guardians..
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

negi wrote:Satya boss that is a highly inappropriate comparison in fact it plays right into the hands of the trouble makers.
Negi saar..I realize it can be taken that way...I added "wannabe ASSK" to my post.

If such a possibility is envisioned and space created, we should rather have folks develop counter strat to it and prepare on how this w*ore is NOT and CANNOT BE an ASSK.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Thyagu is the husband of taamarai,who wrote songs for the Surya blockbuster 'Vaaranam Aayiram'.She has similar leanings.
Thyagu has written his 'autobiography' in Ananda Vikatan which is as mainstream as it gets.Dear jingoes,do not get alarmed.India is an ongoing 'project'.It is important for everyone to be vigilant.

SRidhar saar,
recently there was a function presided over by SS Barnala,TN Governor where this old thug released an Urdu translation :eek: :twisted: of Chinna Kuthusi's work.The Hindu published this report.Someone even in Chindu could not stomach it.Many anti-national elements are sensing an opportunity but the logic of India is based on much deeper currents.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

A very important development is being missed by many jingoes.All these years,the political space had been ceded to NC and PDP.The NC have thrown up their hands.PDP is a sick joke.But now GOI is talking directly to the rag tag elements.This is increasing our direct engagement and surely increasing our legitimacy,credibility and reducing our ‘dependence’ on NC.
AbhishekD
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AbhishekD »

Further we are seeing a strong political reaction in Jammu and Ladakh. Once Jammu and Ladakh will be secure from this seperatist movement and POK out of this bug of azaadi, it will be impossible for these seperatists to maintain the momentum. Kashmiris will finally be fed-up with this concept.

Azaadi is a non-option. Chai biscoot apart. a 100mile X 100mile territory at one of the worst possible geography with 3 powerful nations is unsustainable. These azaadi people are being promoted by our neighbour in the west and the people of kashmir out of frustration are going along. We need to outlast these people as simple as that and we will outlast. How much does it take to outlast a 100mile X 100mile territory. We have already contained terrorism and now we need to contain seperatism simple. We have contained several seperatist movement in the last 63 years and we will outlast this seperatist movement also. The only difference in this movement is the involvement of international forces and specially pakistan and if required we will goto war with pakistan on this issue if it does come to that
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

allowing dialogue and even seccessionist venting does little overall harm since it only exposes the anti-national, anti-growth, anti-prosperity, anti-human development, 'champagne socialist' leadership of the proletarian stone throwing masses huddled beneath whereever they huddle

it also plays to india's strengths of pluralism, tolerance, secularism and diversity. no one has the excuse that they were not allowed to speak. so now the other parts of the equation will raise their voices and it will be louder than the valley wahabbis and their prime musharraf probers across the border
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

I think some of you have actually missed the point(may be because of the misleading headline). Its rather unlikely anybody is going to be booked. All this is just for show IMO.
However, it is far from clear now whether the police will proceed with the case although legal advice received by it says that a case has been made out under Section 124 of IPC which applies to cases where disaffection against the State is advocated.

The police is now mulling over possible ramifications of proceeding with the case and is likely to seek political clearance to go ahead.

Delhi Police is said to be having some hesitation on going ahead with filing the case because once registered then arrests would have to be effected of those named in the FIR.

Officials of the Delhi Police met Union Home Ministry officials and had a detailed discussions in this regard earlier in the day, the sources said.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Su.A.R whining
"I write this from Srinagar, Kashmir. This morning's papers say that I may be arrested on charges of sedition for what I have said at recent public meetings on Kashmir. I said what millions of people here say every day. I said what I, as well as other commentators have written and said for years. Anybody who cares to read the transcripts of my speeches will see that they were fundamentally a call for justice. I spoke about justice for the people of Kashmir who live under one of the most brutal military occupations in the world; for Kashmiri Pandits who live out the tragedy of having been driven out of their homeland; for Dalit soldiers killed in Kashmir whose graves I visited on garbage heaps in their villages in Cuddalore; for the Indian poor who pay the price of this occupation in material ways and who are now learning to live in the terror of what is becoming a police state.
LOL. She can say all that she wants in J&K, as laws of sedition don't apply there (unfortunately). Her kind that includes Geelani, Malik have always been careful to not to spew anti-India venom outside J&K. Emboldened by weak govt response over this azadi charade these traitors thought that they'll get away with it in Delhi too. Now that she knows that there will be consequences, she starts whining. LOL
Nobody in India needs your pity Mrs. SUzanne Arundhati Roy. It's you who needs it.
Oh by the way, in that Shopian rape-murder case, armed forces were cleared of all wrong doing by investigators. Don't write white lies to pull wool over our eyes
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Thanksfully not all are dhimmis in Bollywood.
Gul Panag seemed quite upset with writer and activist Arundhati Roy, who claimed in an interview that Kashmir was never an integral part of India.

'Dear Arundati, please do tell us which state was/is an integral part of India?Punjab?Mysore?Hyderabad Mysore?Do also define integral. Thanks,' she tweeted.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

jamwal wrote:Su.A.R whining
". . . for Dalit soldiers killed in Kashmir whose graves I visited on garbage heaps in their villages in Cuddalore;
She is speaking lies here. The body of every soldier who gets killed in an operation and which is brought to the state of TN, is received with great honours by the district collector (at least) and then buried or consigned to flames according to their beliefs with full police honours. I challenge her to prove it otherwise. And, why is she bringing in caste in this issue ? She does it to divide the country, and cause mayhem. She is certainly a splittist of the highest order. As somebody said before, she needs to be permanently locked up for her own safety and for the safety of others.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Can we at least get her for slander. That ought to finish her credibility. At least with the reasonable crowd. Ultra left is a gone case as it is. But the oenes to the center of left can still be saved, if it can be shown to then that they worship false gods.