Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Oct. 20, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Oct. 20, 2

Post by RamaY »

shiv wrote: The larger mistake in my view is to imagine that these errors are restricted to Indian leaders alone while non Indian leaders are endowed with wisdom and sagacity that should make us burn with jealousy.

Leaders from ever country in the world have made profound errors leading to disaster and world history may be read as the result of one set of leaders accidentally making fewer mistakes than the other, or getting away by pure luck.
This logic can be applied to anything and everything. This is the excuse Pakis often use to justify their own paqui-actions.

Just because other leaders makes mistakes/blunders it doesn't automatically make the actions of our leaders right!
anchal
BRFite

Post by anchal »

Ajit_tr, please use proper tag/warning before posting abhorrent videos. Makes me puke :(
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RamaY wrote: Just because other leaders makes mistakes/blunders it doesn't automatically make the actions of our leaders right!
So what?
SureshP
BRFite

Post by SureshP »

Wake up and smell the failure

The writer holds a BA in political science from the University of California, Santa Barbara and is a sub-editor at The Express Tribune hassan.khan@tribune.com.pk

Be it Barack Obama’s recognition of India being a world power or his graceful better half dancing her way into Indian hearts, it has been a tough week in newsrooms, at least for Pakistan.

The message was clear and it will resonate with Pakistanis for years to come as the US and India draw out plans for an ‘Amer-asian hegemony’.

Talk about a wake-up call for politicians, bureaucrats and all alike. After our own strategic talks with the US, a few weeks ago, ended in the usual pat and push for fighting the war on terror, the symbolism of the visit to India is bigger than the expansive trade deals and kind words of Barack Obama. The US president declared India a world power, and the India-US alliance “one of the defining partnerships of the 21st century”.

On the other hand, Pakistan was snubbed when we were told to do more in the war against militancy during his visit. To make it all the worse, as if Pakistanis weren’t already neglected enough, Obama went further than any US president before by backing India’s pursuit for a permanent seat on the UN Security Council. So much for the Kashmir dispute.

It begs the question why Obama didn’t stop by for a day, or even a few hours, to say hello to his allies in Islamabad who have been fighting their war, suffering the casualties, and not to mention recovering from the worst flood the country has ever seen.

The answer is simple. Money is time and time is money, and Pakistan and Pakistanis haven’t understood the value of either yet.

Our very existence has become India-centric; to be more precise we have spent more than half of a century in a military race against India. We discarded the precious gift every newly independent state is given of starting from scratch.

While we have officially become ‘a client state with the Taliban and al Qaeda presence plotting to kill US soldiers and fanning the war in Afghanistan’, India found a much more sustainable form of development and growth by India and for India. They have always been in the race for the long haul and instead of giving power to the military industrial complex or the landowning minority; they borrowed from western thought and civilisations and gave power to the people.

My father’s favourite mantra is that “there are no shortcuts in life”. I can’t help but think how true those words lie in respect to Pakistan. Our sole export seems to have become terror and while we beg for aid to cope with globalisation, the world recession, and not to mention the floods, India unveils deals worth $10 billion designed to create 50,000 American jobs in an ailing economy. That’s right; India is creating jobs in the US.

They sought to be the largest democracy in the world and they achieved it, and we sought to be the most dangerous country of the world and we certainly achieved it.

And Pakistanis ask where do we go from here?

For many in our ruling class, the answer is simple even if they don’t voice their thoughts — take shortcuts and survive another day till we reach a dead end.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/77389/wake- ... e-failure/
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

While the Pakistani author of the above article seems to convey that Pakistan should not be India-centric, the first half of the article betrays the mind of a blue-blooded Pakistani, being India-centric. That is the Innermost Pakistaniyat that cannot be removed.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Muppalla wrote:^^^
This is an open and shut case of ISI releasing its brothers using the hit. I would not read more about it.
Hats off for figuring this one out. Ilyas Kashmiri's Brig 313 involvement shows that is an ISI plot to free its captives.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

shiv wrote:The larger mistake in my view is to imagine that these errors are restricted to Indian leaders alone while non Indian leaders are endowed with wisdom and sagacity that should make us burn with jealousy.
Leaders from ever country in the world have made profound errors leading to disaster.
that is fair, but only to an extent. We may not be able to compare leaders which make errors, againt leaders who don't (since the don't exist). But we *CAN* compare the degree of errors and the cost to the nation due to these errors.

How many nations we know who accepted partitioned and give up 1/3 of their nation and made so miniscule an effort to prevent it? One would be hard pressed to come up with a comparable nation and/or leader(s) of a nation that did so.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

A small change to my previous post: I said Pakistan was not a "real" threat... what I meant was that it is not an existential threat. Late night typing...

Other than that, nothing more to add. Just tried to explain the situation the way I understand it. I could be totally wrong. Obviously, I don't think so :)

Can't really disagree with many of the comments in response. On some matters I don't have sufficient knowledge, and on others I can empathise. But this does not change the situation, in my opinion. That's why I said mine is not an optimistic post.

But don't expect GoI to come out and tell mango abdul everything that's going on. And generally, it is better to go by the statements of GoI - not opinions and reports in the media. Remember, journalists are like the rest of us Indians - corrupt to the core, just like politicians. They are not a higher form of Indian. They too can be bought, and it might be speculated that on average they are cheaper. It's not as difficult as you might think to get three publications to quote a "high ranking source" as saying whatever needs to be quoted to give whatever impressio one wants to give.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

shiv wrote:
RamaY wrote: Just because other leaders makes mistakes/blunders it doesn't automatically make the actions of our leaders right!
So what?
Nothing. The nation suffers for their miscalculations. The question is whether some of those decisions are miscalculations or pure arrogance.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.thepakistaninewspaper.com/ne ... p?id=18374
23 Brigadiers promoted to Major General rank ( Kaun Banega Musharraf)
RAWALPINDI, Nov 15 (Online): The all important meeting of the Army Promotion Board was held here at the GHQ under the able leadership of the Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani in which 23 brigadiers were promoted to the rank of Major Generals respectively.According to the military sources, Army Promotion Board meeting was held here at the GHQ in which all the high ups of the Board and others participated.During the meeting it was formally decided to promote 23 brigadiers to the rank of Major Generals while their postings will be done soon.The respected personnel who are promoted include Iftikhar Wyne, Naveed Mukhtar, Sadiq Ali, Ijaz Shahid, Maqsood Abbasi, Furkhan Javed Bukhari, Amir Bajwa, M Iqbal, Tariq Ghafoor, Abid Nazir, Hadiyat Arif, Zafar Iqbal, Anwar Ali Haider, Sajjad Rasool, Shahid Baig Mirza, Asim Bajwa, Muhammad Tauqeer, Waqar Ahmed Akhtar Waheed, Salman Ali and Muhammad Ahmed
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

UQ ke Baccho ke Bacche nahi Acchhe
En Masse Deportation, or amnesty, a way forward
http://www.thepakistaninewspaper.com/ne ... p?id=18323
They will take action against all of those who are living in the UK illegally, including those who overstay, illegal entrants and those working without permission, and that UKBA would rather individuals with no right to remain in the UK leave voluntarily, but where they do not do so we are left with no choice but to seek to enforce their removal. The UK Border Agency will only remove those found to have no right to stay in the UK. In this case the individual is given advance notice of their removal and during this time can access legal advice. British High Commissioner , H.E. Adam Thomson being economical with truth when denied such treatment despite facing reality that Pakistanis are facing racial discrimination day in day out which has crept into the foreign embassies and remedial steps are urgently needed to control further damage.
At the moment Pakistan is just Parking the terrorists on behest of the West and there is no resources or initiative to handle them, document them and deal with them legally and professionally. One closure of Guantanamu Bay has led to the opening of many overseas. Objection to deportations of many thousand Pakistanis support the idea that the current British Home Secretary should consult with all stakeholders & chalk out a strategy to bring all those in the backlog back in the Immigration record especially those who have long been waiting in the system working in our black economy as semi slaves and have no criminality. A statement from both British Premier David Cameron and Pakistani Prime Minister Mr. Gillani must come forward post reservations on ‘MOU’ by critics ensuring that any changes to the immigration system will operate in a fair, transparent and judicious manner, while protecting and promoting the competitive position of successful UK businesses and compliance with basic human rights of the individuals duly protected by the Geneva Convention 1951 and European Convention on Human Rights 1950 will not be compromised. To me amnesty to thousands is a way forward Than en masse Deportation(s).
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

For first time, India to name Pakistan in fake currency racket
I wonder why did we wait for so long, moreover why haven't we revoked the MFN status which TSP continues to enjoy ?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

A Poak's take on MK Gandhi
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2010_pg3_2
He developed a novel idea, Sarva Dharma Sambhava: equal respect of all religions. His daily morning sessions began with prayers and hymns and recitations from the Bhagwad Gita, Quran, Bible and other religious scriptures to underline the common moral roots of all humanity. I have a recorded interview with Syed Ahmed Saeed Kirmani, a staunch Muslim Leaguer and a prominent Muslim student leader of the 1940s. He attended one such morning session in Delhi in 1946. It deeply moved him, though he remained convinced that a separate state for Muslims was the solution to the Hindu-Muslim problem.
When Gandhi was asked to explain his idea of good government or Ram Raj, he said it would be inspired by the governments established by Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar. About Imam Husain he said, “My faith is that the progress of Islam does not depend on the use of the sword by its believers, but the result of the supreme sacrifice of Husain, the great saint.” In saying so, he was not supporting blind devotion to each and every act of these illustrious Muslim leaders but to their historical roles as champions of good government and justice.
On the other hand, when some Muslims told him that they were bound by their faith to submit to each and every word in the Quran he disagreed with them. He said that religious texts should also be subjected to the changing standards of morality and conscience. Therefore, Muslims have to interpret their sacred scriptures with an open mind and distinguish between the core ideas of their faith and the literal texts. He was unreservedly in favour of India becoming a secular state with equal rights for all citizens
The outpouring of grief in Pakistan was no less than in India. In fact, I was told by a senior Lahoriite that Lahore Radio’s programmes that day were even more moving than what was relayed elsewhere in the subcontinent. Muslim women who had safely arrived in Pakistan from Delhi because Gandhiji would not let Hindus and Sikhs take revenge for what happened to their women in West Punjab, broke their bangles and beat their chests. It is important to remember such facts when sitting in judgement on Gandhi. Without intellectual honesty and an open mind, political analysis degenerates into mere propaganda.
Last edited by Prem on 16 Nov 2010 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Prem wrote:http://www.thepakistaninewspaper.com/ne ... p?id=18374
23 Brigadiers promoted to Major General rank ( Kaun Banega Musharraf)
RAWALPINDI, Nov 15 (Online): The all important meeting of the Army Promotion Board was held here at the GHQ under the able leadership of the Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani in which 23 brigadiers were promoted to the rank of Major Generals respectively.According to the military sources, Army Promotion Board meeting was held here at the GHQ in which all the high ups of the Board and others participated.During the meeting it was formally decided to promote 23 brigadiers to the rank of Major Generals while their postings will be done soon.The respected personnel who are promoted include Iftikhar Wyne, ........
Is he third cousin fourth removed of TSPA Jernail Khalid Shamim Wyne CJCSC? :-?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

negi wrote:For first time, India to name Pakistan in fake currency racket
I wonder why did we wait for so long, moreover why haven't we revoked the MFN status which TSP continues to enjoy ?
India was working on a dosier.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

megalomania of mushy

EXCLUSIVE: Don’t mess with Pakistan —By Pervez Musharraf
The world is watching Pakistan, and rightly so. It’s a happening place. Pakistan is at the center of geostrategic revolution and realignments. The economic, social and political aspirations of China, Afghanistan, Iran, and India turn on securing peace, prosperity, and stability in Pakistan. Our country can be an agent of positive change, one that creates unique economic interdependencies between central, west and south Asian countries and the Middle East through trade and energy partnerships. Or there’s the other option: the borderless militancy Pakistan is battling could take down the whole region.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

surinder wrote: that is fair, but only to an extent. We may not be able to compare leaders which make errors, againt leaders who don't (since the don't exist). But we *CAN* compare the degree of errors and the cost to the nation due to these errors.

How many nations we know who accepted partitioned and give up 1/3 of their nation and made so miniscule an effort to prevent it? One would be hard pressed to come up with a comparable nation and/or leader(s) of a nation that did so.
Surinder it is better not to go into this quest for equal equal. I believe the "discussion" will only end up being rhetorical brownie points. Partition of India in 1947 coincided with the peaceful withdrawal of superpower Britain from 90% of the land area that they owned. The events of partition can be described in many ways and one of those ways is to say that Indian leaders in 1947 "gave up 1/3 of India without a fight". Going down that route enables a lot of ROTFL observations about India to be made, including the equator analogy. India was not a constitutional nation state when the Brits came in, but it was when they left - so we have to start defining the borders of the "Indian nation" that leaders "gave up" in 1947. Technically Mysore state was an independent nation state before partition, and one quest could be how this great independence was given up 100% by the erors made by the leaders of the esrtwhile Mysore state. Why should Mysore state join a conglomerate of states that includes UP?

I personally believe that we are all struggling to describe and explain our own history and background and everyone has his own take on it. Some explanations are ridiculous. Some are plausible. None is accepted by all as a fair description of those events - so arguments are often pointless. We are only slightly more fortunate that Pakis who not only struggle with explaining their history to themselves - they don't even have an identity to hold on and belong.
Last edited by shiv on 16 Nov 2010 05:37, edited 2 times in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Who paid and wrote the message, Kiyani, Gillani yaa koi nayya Musaraffu?
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... idulOdha/1
The usual crap known as Nazarye Pakistan.
Last edited by Prem on 16 Nov 2010 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar, Dont parts of Mushy's speech echo Zardari's speech in Beijing?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X posted from the Pakistani Role in Global Terrorism thread.

The Maplecroft Terrorism Risk Index (TRI) shows that the Islamic Terrorism that the Islamic Republic of Pakistan sowed to target India, has come back to haunt Pakistan.

Somalia beats out the Islamic Republic of Pakistan as the terror capital of the world. Meanwhile the Islamic Republic of Pakistan can take comfort from the fact that it beat off the challenge from Iraq (in 3rd place) and Afghanistan (in 4th place) :

Somalia overtakes Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Colombia to become world’s terror capital – Global study
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The Cabinet of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are certainly a confused lot prone to flip flopping.

Yesterday the Interior Minister Rahman Malik called on foreign creditors to write off the Islamic Republic’s foreign debt:

Pakistan seeks $50bn foreign debt waiver

Today the Finance Minister Hafeez Shaikh disowns the call for a debt write off:

Hafeez disowns call for debt write-off
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pakistani parliamentarians

Pakistani flood victims
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

^^^First photo: TUTA. Tall Unfair Tight A$$
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Hehehe as I say, Pakistan is still colonised. The racial divide will not survive an economy that is fading, especially with respect to the hated Hindoos'. No matter how much they are inoculated with Islam, against the aforementioned hated Hindoos.

Now before people pull an equal-equal, India has all sorts of ethnically diverse people in positions of responsibility.

As a general observation, I see people from the north east, Tibetans, Dravidians, Gujjars, Sikhs, light complexioned beggars, women and children all going about their business with a sense of dignity and without fear. I don't imagine it is like this in Islamabad. One cannot predict with confidence a person's economic status based on colour and physiognomy alone. Try doing that in Pakistan or France for that matter.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Change approach towards India: US Ambassador to Pakistan
In a pep talk to Pakistan, U.S. Ambassador to Islamabad Cameron Munter has said the country could make “remarkable progress” if it changes its approach towards India.

Mr. Munter made the remarks while interacting with reporters on the sidelines of a dinner hosted on Sunday night by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani for participants of the Pakistan Development Forum.

“It [better relations with India] would also help in lessening [Pakistan's] huge spending on defence and on other factors,” Mr. Munter was quoted as saying by The News daily.

The country can make remarkable progress if it changes its approach towards India, he said. Asked about the nature of changes that should be made in Pakistan's approach towards India, Mr. Munter said he had no specifics in mind though he seriously and sincerely felt such a change would greatly help Islamabad.

He reportedly parried queries about the need for India to change its thinking with regard to ties with Pakistan.

He also declined to comment on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, saying a framework for a solution to the dragging dispute should be worked out by India and Pakistan.

The envoy said the U.S. did not want an expansion of permanent members of the U.N. Security Council with veto powers.

“The U.S. is interested in Japan and some other globally important countries [getting] membership of the UN Security Council, but again it must be without veto authority,” he reportedly said. — PTI
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Brad Goodman wrote:megalomania of mushy

EXCLUSIVE: Don’t mess with Pakistan —By Pervez Musharraf
If the rants of mush were not so entertaining. I would have been greatly sadned to see an old man suffer the way he is suffring. :P
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

US missile strike kills 20 in Pakistan

PESHAWAR: Unmanned US drone aircraft on Tuesday fired four missiles into North Waziristan, a major sanctuary for al-Qaida and Taliban militants in Pakistan, killing at least 20 insurgents, local officials said.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The Paki scribe's report should've read, "Majors-General" and not "Majo-Generals".A common mistake which many of our media "experts" also make. With so many 1-star Brigadiers getting elevated with another star to their already overburdened,bemedalled uniforms,the cost of looking after these worthy warriors,who have never won any war,even with their own Taliban,must be beggaring the Paki state.Gen.Bandicoot's "don't mess with us" statement is bound to also alarm his patrons in the west,who have a weather eye always on Pak's nukes.In any case who would want to "mess" with Pak,as it is in such a "mess" already!

The introspection from Paki scribes these days is only because their country is going down the latrine tube.Where were these worthies years ago when the flavour of the year was warring against India and liberating Kashmir? The answer is that the Pakis have had it too easy.The average Indian wants to make money and better himself.So too does the average Paki,but the Paki also had the luxury of warring with India over Kashmir,overtly and covertly.This is because all these decades Pakis could have their cake and eat it too thanks to the billions of aid that came their way from the coffers of the US,the West, China and the Islamic nations led by the Saudis.It all came so easily to the Pakis,especially their elite in the military and brueaucracy,who could amass massive assets both at home and abroad.Some of this largesse trickled down to the impoverished masses ,enough to keep them from overturning their military rulers who ruled for most of the time.The global economic collapse and the stark facts of global Islamist terror,where almost all plots emanate from paki cesspools has made the western world in particular develop an instant "elbow fever" when called upon to give aid to Pak.India had no godtathers or rich uncles who showered us with such generosity.The most we received was affordable military eqpt. from the Soviets,which Pak also enjoyed from supplies from both China and the US.Truly has Pak "squandered" its opportunity at partition to establish a functioning Muslim state,at peace with its neighbours and itself.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Lot of posters have been dissapointed recently by the inability of islamists to score heavily(especially centuries) inside Pakistan.But US through use of Predators and Reaper Drones have scored a different kind of century.Their recent attack in N Waziristan was the 100th of its kind.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/ ... it_the.php
S Predators struck again in Pakistan's Taliban-controlled tribal agency of North Waziristan today, killing 20 "militants" at a camp on the border with Afghanistan.
The US has carried out 100 attacks inside Pakistan this year, which is more than double the number of strikes in Pakistan just two years earlier. A few months ago, the US exceeded last year's strike total of 53 with a strike in Kurram in late August. In 2008, the US carried out a total of 36 strikes inside Pakistan.
Now what kind of self respecting nation allows some other nation to carry out air strikes in its own territory without retaliation of any kind.These are not the actions of a nation state but as you guessed it,that of a prostitute.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

ramana wrote:SSridhar, Dont parts of Mushy's speech echo Zardari's speech in Beijing?
Ramana Saar, I have been watching this with interest. There is some fetish for the word "Geo-Strategic Location" in TSP.
It is not new though. This is something that Pakis have been using since inception.

http://iref.homestead.com/Messiah.html ( In 1st post of every TSP thread )
"America needs Pakistan more than Pakistan needs America," was Jinnah's reply. "Pakistan is the pivot of the world, as we are placed" -- he revolved his long forefinger in bony circles -- "the frontier on which the future position of the world revolves." He leaned toward me, dropping his voice to a confidential note. "Russia," confided Mr. Jinnah, "is not so very far away."
That was the first ever quote on Geo strategic location from what is available publicly.
Well , Jinnah has been proven wrong now that the Cold war is over.

But the Pakis continue to use it as though the world depends on it for its very survival.

Look here:
Bakistan board of investment: http://www.pakboi.gov.pk/5keyreasons.htm
Reason - 1: Geo-strategic Location
Located in the heart of Asia, Pakistan is the gateway to the energy rich Central Asian States, the financially liquid Gulf States and the economically advanced Far Eastern tigers. This strategic advantage alone makes Pakistan a marketplace teeming with possibilities.

So I started looking for energy and shipping maps.
Energy
The central Asian states do not figure in the top list of both oil and natural gas:
http://blog.fortiusone.com/2008/08/26/g ... n-with-3d/
http://mcaf.ee/ab210
http://blog.fortiusone.com/wp-content/u ... maker1.jpg
And anyway, with deep sea pipelines becoming more and more attractive from a cost and environment perspective in the long run, Pakistan just became even more insignificant.

Shipping
And neither does Karachi port have any significance at all , located far away from the open Indian ocean , the gulf coast and the Malacca straits.
It does not figure in the top shipping lanes of the world either.
http://billjaquette.net/top-major-shipp ... the-world/

I do not see anything of merit to substantiate the use of Geo-strategic location apart from the T in the TSP.

So fellow citizens of an Unstrategically-Geo-located nation, the time has come for "Pakistan's Geo-strategic location" to be seriously considered in BRF's top-secret-ultra-strategic thread

For the lurkers from the Strategically located Geo-stationary land of the terrorist state of Pakistan aka Paklurks....I hope you guys realise that that is just a flimsy reason lie to extend the begging bowl.Bwahahahahahahaha. :rotfl: :rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Ramana & Neela, Musharraf has been saying for a long time now how Pakistan will be the hub for commodity and energy trade and how everyone will have to depend upon them for transit routes and how Pakistan will earn billions simply by being Pakistan located at the cross-roads of the new Silk Route. IIRC, Musharraf has been saying this since c. 2000.

Zardari's offer of Pakistan's warm waters to China is a follow-up to Gilani's hypothecation of Pakistan's foreign policy in Chinese hands after the 26/11 episode when he said he had authorized the Chinese leaders to negotiate with India on Pakistan's behalf. The game plan seems to be that if Pakistan were to be in some real peril, it will become a protectorate of China. This seems to be the deal that the Zardari regime has worked out with the Chinese leadership. The father-in-law worked out a nuclear deal with PRC, the wife unleashed the terrorists all over the place and the son-in-law has pledged the country to PRC. What a family !
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

regardless of which clique is in power in pakistan, a weak govt, jihadi foundries, weak economy and suitable location make it a ideal sock puppet for the chinese regime next door. so even if zardari were not there, the chinese being equal opporunity would have cut a deal with whoever held the control.
praksam
BRFite

Post by praksam »

Looks like folks missed this.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2004_pg3_4

Pakis remembering their ancestors :)

Old article though.
Last edited by praksam on 16 Nov 2010 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Pak the "Mecca" of transit routes? Ha!Ha! Tell that to NATO fuel truck drivers dodging Taliban attacks.No indivuidual in his right mnd would want Pak as a transit route barring the Chinese who want to storm into the Gulf one day,perhaps also with NoKo mercenaries, through Pak.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SSridhar wrote:The father-in-law worked out a nuclear deal with PRC, the wife unleashed the terrorists all over the place and the son-in-law has pledged the country to PRC. What a family !

Pakistanis brag about being the catamites to the biggest bully in the world - be it Britannia, USA or PRC. And everybody that ever uses Pakistan for its pleasure, finds out that the Pakis are always complaining about the pain of penetration, and at the end of the 'relationship' one goes away with full-blown AIDS - be it the radicalization of Londonistan, or Al Qaeda snapping at America's backside.

Only one thing is clear - the Pakistani will keep on saying han han ji to the Han, but at the end of day China would find out that they should have been a bit more choosy about their catamite.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ultimately the paquis will have fear and loathing of Han-ji, therefore expect real blowback in Uighuristan
Han-ji, being smarter than Unkil, will have taken precautionary sanitisation steps
but it is not foolproof
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Pakistan's identity crisis is it doesn't know whose lounda it is - Amreeka da Lounda, or Cheen da Lounda or Ummah da Lounda?

Its musharraf is bursting at the seams with all sorts of Jihad pouring out, but it still doesn't care. All it wants is to be accepted as China's lounda, and wants China's penetration from Gilgit to Gwadar!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

deeper taller penetration indeed
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Even for the Chinese, it is just not as easy as pay-and-use wrt Pakistan. It works ,as Shiv said, when power ( or guns as the case is for TSP ) lies in firm control of one entity. But the country has vast tracts that lie in control of many different groups and factions. That really means that stability is restricted to very short distances. So the Chinese must cut everyone a piece and must also make sure that the groups do not fight among each other. Bring in the US/NATO into the picture and it becomes,as can be seen, an action packed soap opera.

So..whoever is buying influence in Pakistan, is in reality , spending a large % of the money on security for short distances. That makes the place far too costly for anything geo-strategic, no?