Two-G (2G) Spectrum Scam Tapes and follow-up

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mauli
BRFite

Re: Psy ops and media watch

Post by Mauli »

The man who felled a king
November 17, 2010 10:03:34 AM

Chandan Mitra | New Delhi

The Pioneer felicitates J Gopikrishnan, who unearthed the spectrum scam

The Pioneer Investigative Team asked Gopi to unravel his journey from a fledgling political reporter to giant killer. Excerpts from a chat:

Q: How did you come across the 2G scam story?

A: We sensed a scam when Swan and Unitech started offloading shares at whopping prices of `4,500 crore and `6,200 crore in September 2008. Bureau chief Navin Upadhyay asked me to dig for information and luckily we got a great whistleblower, who knew the ins and outs of the Telecom Ministry. He once told me the PM was totally unhappy with Raja and had summoned him to ask what was going on.

Slowly, the whistleblower narrated the entire range of corruption in the Ministry. Those days, Minister Raja was making false claims that he had followed his predecessors. This young Government officer told me about the parking of funds in front companies by the Minister and his associates in the name of relatives. He told me who the actual beneficiaries of the scam were, including corporates, politicians and lobbyists.

This officer asked me to talk to my Editor and get his consent and only then would he reveal further. The Editor told me to go ahead and the whistleblower became a goldmine of hidden information for The Pioneer. Days and nights of discussion and checking the authenticity of facts happened in his office and at many crowded places in the city, once it became important to avoid detection.

Q: Which was the first story you did and what was the reaction?

A: After finding out the gamut of front companies dealing in real estate, we decided to expose Raja’s ill-gotten wealth. Chandan Mitra and Navin Upadhyay saw all documents and decided to go ahead with the series. The first story appeared on December 11, 2008, on Raja’s main real estate front company, Green House Promoters. The details of other companies and hidden irregularities in the spectrum scam were published over the following days.

Q: Did you come under pressure to stop the campaign? How did you ward them off?

A: I met Raja after the first report, as directed by the Editor. He alleged that I was being funded by his rivals in the party and even told me some names. He was visibly shaken asking me how I got the details of his personal assets. He requested me to avoid writing. My reply was that I had been deputed by the Editor only to take his version, nothing else. Raja agreed to speak, but repeatedly requested me to stop writing further on this. Similarly, many corporate groups were after me with the same plea. I must say none threatened or behaved badly.

Those days, Raja was planning to conduct the 3G auction at cheap base rates without Cabinet’s approval. Many agents from the corporate sector requested us to stop our series of exposes, saying our reports would force the Government to refer the 3G auction to an EGoM. We told them that was exactly what we wanted. But I must say some friends with contacts in high places warned me I may be targeted. It was a hidden warning, which I ridiculed. It would not be fair to reveal what kind of offers were made by different entities to avoid the 3G issue going to an EGoM. But finally, the Cabinet referred it to an EGoM, which put Raja out of the picture and the nation netted `1.06 lakh crore.

Q: Did any political or corporate entity offer you financial inducements to stop writing on this?

A: Yes, they did. The figures were mind-boggling. Corporate lobbyists and Raja’s people even asked me to stop informing the Editor and end the series abruptly. I told them even the meeting with them was in the knowledge of the Editor and the Bureau chief. Some shameless fellows tried to access Raja, claiming friendship with me. Some were acting as double agents. One top lobbyist was actually a double agent. That person was leaking information against Raja while providing information to him too. Pressure on the whistleblower was enormous by now, but he stood by us fearlessly. There were several politicians who enlightened and encouraged me. Some bureaucrats and police officials also guided our investigations.

Q: Do you think the matter will end with Raja’s resignation or will more heads roll?

A: I personally feel the court cases filed by Subramanian Swamy and Prashant Bhushan would come to logical conclusions, leading to the cancellation of all licences which were found illegal by CAG. The court may direct auctions to be held like the old petrol pump scam of Satish Sharma. I don’t expect anything from the Government in this matter. Some persons, including Raja, may face the wrath of the law. I don’t think anything harsh will happen to corporates from the Government’s side. After the CAG report and PAC findings, if the Government has the willpower, it can -- by executive order -- cancel all licences and order auction, which will definitely fetch around `2-3 lakh crore.

Q: How do you think the Government can make the spectrum policy transparent and above board?

A: Spectrum management should be handed over to ISRO, but no politician would like that for obvious reasons. In India, spectrum is not yet audited. No one knows how much spectrum is available. This was purposefully done for making easy money. First the Government should ask an organisation like ISRO to audit spectrum availability in all departments. Only then will transparency come.

Q: After Telecom what? Do you have more targets in mind?

A: No idea. I felt totally exhausted upon learning of Raja’s resignation. I was expecting good news on Sunday, when sources told me Pranab Mukherjee had firmly asked Karunanidhi at 11.30 am to remove Raja. This was doubly confirmed when they later said Raja was forced to sign the papers around 5.30 pm. Anyway, no idea what’s for me next…life will go on. I was covering Health and Left (parties) those days. By a stroke of luck, Raja came on our radar…

http://www.dailypioneer.com/296854/The- ... -king.html
ajit_tr
BRFite

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by ajit_tr »

Barkha dutt in scoop in 2-G scam.here are yhe taped conversation.
Conversations with Power Brokers - transcripts from the Open Mag
India, Media, News, Politics, SocietyAdd comments
Nov18,2010
Open – The Magazine has transcripts & audio files between Barkha Dutt and Niira Radia – the reason I am putting it up here is that the Open Magazine servers have crashed ….

The audio files can be found here here.To those at Open Mag – if you feel that I am violating your copyright, drop me a line – will take down this post

As talks between the DMK and Congress (‘them’) broke down over joining the Government in May 2009, Radia was actively involved in opening channels between the two parties through, among others, television journalist Barkha Dutt
AUDIO TAPES HERE

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_ni ... es_1467274
Last edited by ajit_tr on 18 Nov 2010 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Phonegate: India Inc tapped?
Copy of a purportedly leaked report says conversations of topmost industrialists, two senior journalists, were tapped with home secretary's permission

Politicians may not be the only ones whose phones are being tapped. Government agencies seem to be eavesdropping on the biggest names of corporate India. A 2009 report drags a few senior journalists into the controversy as well.
Tapes and the tales
Sensational points touched in the copy of the phone intercept report include:
>>The bid to buy out Haldia Petrochemicals by one of India's topmost industrialists by 'managing' senior CPI(M) leaders
>>How the same industrialist controls a news channel through consultants as his front
>>How in Jharkhand, a leading industrialist got the lease of a mine extended by paying Rs 180 crore to a tainted minister
>>How two rival industrialists lobbied to prevent Dayanidhi Maran and A Raja from becoming telecom minister respectively
>>Senior mediapersons lobbied on behalf of industrialists to secure ministerial berths for friendly politicians
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

The Taps Leak
There definitely seems to be a bug in the air.

Last week, Outlookreported on how using new technology, the government could - and was - eavesdropping into the conversations of important political leaders without needing legal authorisation

Yesterday, the Pioneer (Pioneer has either taken down this story or their servers have crashed giving alternate link)reported that by "authorised tapping of telephones of several persons, including Nira Radia, who runs several public relations and consultancy companies — like Vaishnavi Corporate Consultants, Noesis Strategic Consulting Services, Vitcom Consulting and Neucom Consulting", the government had "unearthed damning evidence of wheeling-dealing in the spectrum scam" involving telecom minister A. Raja. The finance ministry has since issued a denial.

Today, in the MiD-DaY, quoting perhaps from the same set of documents that had been doing the rounds for months in Delhi, and had been the basis of the Pioneer report, J. Dey reported:

“The documents talk about individuals influencing policy changes at the highest level. It also says that two senior journalists—one a well-known anchor of a national television channel and the other a former editor, columnist and TV personality—lobbied on behalf of industrialists to secure ministerial berths for friendly politicians.”

Meanwhile, late last night The Hindu first put up a 14-page document (link has been taken down) , which seemed to be the basis of the Pioneer story, which had been doing the rounds earlier, and then took it off with the following clarification:

A press release on the 2G scam was issued by AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa in Chennai on April 28, 2010. The Hindu is unable to verify the authenticity of a 14-page document purporting to be an official account of intercepted phone conversations and is, therefore, taking it off its website.

The same unverified document downloaded from the Hindu had apparently also been put up on at least one Scribd account [the settings have since been changed to private] with some excitement on Twitter [eg hereand hereand here]. One of the journalists whose name had been mentioned in the unauthenticated document and who had rubbished the charges last night has since clarified with more details after the report was taken off by the Hindu:

Postscript: April 30: The DNA newspaper summarises the spectrum controversy, seemingly based on the same impugned document that remains unauthenticated and unofficial and had been taken off by the Hindu from its website:

Tata Sons, represented by Neera Radia, have issued a press statement through her agency Neucom Consulting.

“The Tata group has had a long and fruitful association with Vaishnavi Corporate Communications and its chairperson Ms Niira Radia, which has added substantial value to the group’s communications and public perception.

“All of Vaishnavi’s interactions with the government on behalf of the Tata group have been related to seeking a level playing field and equity in areas where vested interests have caused distortions or aberrations in policy.

“Further Vaishnavi’s interactions with the Government on behalf of the Tata group, have, in keeping with Tata values, never involved payouts or seeking undue favors.”

http://blogs.outlookindia.com/default.a ... 1&pid=2235

Download Tapes.
Last edited by ajit_tr on 19 Nov 2010 00:50, edited 2 times in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^

I think GOI should put a stay on all personal/private properties of individuals involved in this scam until courts find and punish the guilty.

RM-ji. another tip of the hat!
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Audio and Transcript of Radia +Vir Sanghvi
“WHAT KIND OF STORY DO YOU WANT? BECAUSE THIS WILL GO AS COUNTERPOINT, SO IT WILL BE LIKE MOST-MOST READ...” —VIR SANGHVI

VIR SANGHVI “I WON’T GET INTO SONIA IN THE SHORT TERM, LET ME TRY AND GET THROUGH TO AHMED”

NIIRA RADIA “THANKS…THAT WAS REALLY GREAT, YOU KNOW, YOU ALL, I MEAN IT WAS EXACTLY AS YOU HAD SAID”
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Radia + Kani Audio tapes and transcripts
“PRIME MINISTER IS ALSO, YOU KNOW, VERY SOFT-SPOKEN, AND DAD CAN’T HEAR VERY CLEARLY ALSO.” —KANIMOZHI
“MM-HMM” —RADIA
NIIRA RADIA “MY GOD. YOU KNOW HE IS WATCHING EVERYTHING YOU’RE DOING”

KANIMOZHI “HOW DO I MAKE HIM [KARUNANIDHI] UNDERSTAND? I KEEP TELLING, HE DOESN’T UNDERSTAND.”

KANIMOZHI “YEAH, YEAH. I’M JUST SAYING BE CAREFUL, BECAUSE HE’S TRYING TO GET SOMEBODY FROM THE CONGRESS [TO] SAY THINGS AGAINST RAJA TO DAD.”

KANIMOZHI “BUT THIS GUY [MARAN] IS THE ONE WHO WANTS TELECOM AND HE IS SPREADING RUMOURS, BUT I DON’T THINK EVEN THE DMK IS INTERESTED IN GIVING HIM TELECOM”

KANIMOZHI “MAYBE I’LL ASK FOR ENVIRONMENT. ENVIRONMENT THEY WON’T GIVE, HEALTH THEY WON’T GIVE, YOU KNOW”
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Radia+Raja leaked tapes and transcripts
In this set of conversations, Raja has a message to be relayed to the chief of Bharti Airtel, even as Niira Radia appears to advise him to keep a distance from the chief of Reliance Communications, Anil Ambani, in the apparent interests of policy neutrality in the telecom sector
“Tell Sunil Mittal, you have to work with Raja”
RADIA “WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS THEY WILL NOT GIVE INFRASTRUCTURE TO BAALU AND MARAN. THEY SHOULD SAY THAT DIRECTLY TO LEADER, NO?”
A discussion on perceptions of Raja’s capabilities, the DMK patriarch’s senility (as it seems), his son Alagiri’s attitude and other things of mind, and their implications.

A RAJA “I KNOW. SO WHO PLANTED IN THE MINDS OF THE CONGRESS THAT AZHAGIRI DOESN’T KNOW ENGLISH. I KNOW”
In this phone conversation, Raja is keen to know from Niira Radia if his ‘case is clear’. She affirms as much, and advises him on being ‘neutral’.

NIIRA RADIA “YOURS IS CLEAR, YEAH. YOUR CASE WAS CLEARED LAST NIGHT ONLY”
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Ajit_tr,

Great information my friend. Thanks for the info.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Transcript and audio tapes of Tata+Radia
“Yeah, I met Raja today. He is a happy man. The Chief Justice has given his clearance on him and he’s happy” —NIIRA RADIA

“Does he know that the other guy is gunning for him?” —RATAN TATA

DATE 7 July 2009 TIME 20:29:07
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

lagey raho, ajit bhaay.....
saket
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saket »

Is there any way to download the audio files onto a PC .. I fear that the cowards at NDTV will try their dirty tricks to have them taken off the internet.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Nira Radia who owns
http://www.noesis.in/careers.htm and

http://www.vccpl.com/contactus.html

http://www.noesis.in/careers.htm
NOESIS STRATEGIC CONSULTING SERVICES
Address : 5th Floor, Dr. Gopal Das Bhawan, 28, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi- 110001.

Phone : +91 11 42393500, 23704051/55
Fax : +91 11 23704070
E-Mail : info@noesis.in
Web : http://www.noesis.in

http://www.vccpl.com/contactus.html

Vaishnavi Corporate Communications Pvt. Ltd. (India)
Email: corporate@vccpl.com

DELHI (Corporate Office)
5th Floor, Dr. Gopal Das Bhawan,
28, Barakhamba Road, Connaught Place,
New Delhi- 110001.
Tel: +91 11 66389500 / 66314000
Fax: +91 11 23704070

NOIDA
Advant Navis Business Park
9th Floor,Plot No.7
Sector - 142 Noida, UP - 201301
MUMBAI
Army& Navy Building
2nd Floor, 148 M.G.Road
Fort Mumbai – 400 001.
Tel: +91 22 66568787
Fax: +91 22 66568788
CHENNAI
18, 3rd Floor, Chaitanya Building,
21, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road,
Office – Nungambakkam Road.
Chennai – 600 006
Tel: +91 44 28332811
Fax: +91 44 28332833

KOLKATA
OM Tower, Unit No- 305,3rd Floor,
32, Chowringhee Road,
Kolkata – 700 071
Tel: +91 33 22264960/61
Fax: +91 33 22264962

HYDERABAD
404/1 & 2, 4th Floor,
White House, Block – II
Kundan Bagh, Begumpet
Hyderabad – 500 016
Tel: +91 40 23400981
Fax: +91 40 66250166

BANGALORE
Unit No. 308/309/310/311, 3rd Floor,
Geneva House,
Cunningham Road,
Bangalore- 560 052
Tel: +91 80 66229000
Fax: +91 80 22201583
AHMEDABAD
202, Suyojan,
Behind Hotel President,
Off.C.G.Road,
Ahmedabad – 380 009
Tel: +91 79 26441517/2128
Fax: +91 79 6442093

BHUBANESWAR
Flat No.3B, Greenwood Palace
Bomikhal, Cuttack Road
Bhubaneswar – 751 010
Tel: +91 9238329888
COCHIN
303, Panampilliy Apt.
Panampilliy Avenue,
Cochin - 682036 (Kerala)
Tel: +91 9847041616

RANCHI
Flat No:-1A, Ravi Block,
Rashmirathi Apartments,
Chabdni Chowk, Kanke Road,
Ranchi - 834001 (Jharkhand)
Tel: +91 99341 23475
LUCKNOW
2/21, Vivek Khand
Gomti Nagar,
Lucknow-226010 (Uttar Pardesh)
Tel: +91 0522 2394520.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

This posted?

Barkha Dutt in conversation with Nira Radia (lobyist?) openly discussing portfolios. Nira on DMK's and Barkha on Congress's behalf. :eek:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqnAYhNafOg

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RiFwXoVJLc

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XrJqgtKvAs

Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg0vYQBW0uI
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

This is getting interesting!

Wiretap on lobbyists, journalists reveal backroom deals
New Delhi: Days after the resignation of A. Raja as communications minister over the 2G spectrum scandal, Open magazine has uploaded on its website what it claims are phone chats among leading lobbyists, industrialists, politicians and journalists, giving a sneak peek into what it says are the 'networks of power' reflecting 'how this country is run'.

The transcripts of conversations on the website -- both as transcripts and audio filed -- pertain to the time after 2009 elections when the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) was putting together the ministerial list.

The bulk of the conversations purportedly refer to the intense lobbying -- and even counter-lobbying -- that went into securing ministerial berths for members of the DMK and how each person in the fray was trying to outdo the other.

The introduction to what are called X-Tapes, on the website of the magazine brought by the RPG Group, says: 'The phone lines of the head of Vaishnavi Communication, Niira Radia, were twice placed under surveillance by the Income Tax Department (based on a tip-off by the Central Board of Direct Taxes) for a few months in 2008 and 2009. Niira Radia is a woman of formidable networking and PR skills, so much so that she represents both the Tata and the Mukesh Ambani group. Some of these recorded phone conversations are now available with Open; they were placed before the Supreme Court this week by petitioners Centre for Public Interest Litigation, represented by senior counsel Prashant Bhushan.

'He had moved the Supreme Court with a plea that the 2G spectrum investigation that involves Raja should be monitored by the Court in view of the mounting evidence.'

Quoting the petitioners, it said: 'These conversations were given by the Directorate of Income Tax (Investigations) to the CBI more than a year back. A copy of the taped conversations of Radia with Respondent No. 5 (A. Raja), other politicians, Ratan Tata, other corporates, senior journalists and certain middlemen in a CD are annexed as Annexure P35... Some of the transcripts of the conversations which relate to the lobbying for making Respondent No. 5 as Telecom Minister are annexed as Annexure P36.'

These recordings, which appear to be only a small part of the recordings made available by the IT department to the CBI, were made in the period of surveillance from May 11, 2009 to July 11, 2009, the magazine said.

It went on to say that the magazine was in no position to endorse the contents of the recordings. But as the material was now in the public domain, it was placing them on record. It said the transcripts formed 'just a small part of the information contained in the recordings submitted to the court'.

The magazine did not make any attempt to get the versions of the personalities named in the transcript.

In response to a mail from IANS, Open editor Manu Joseph said: 'I am confident of the authenticity of the tapes. Otherwise we would not have carried the story.

'Also, the transcripts are from a set of recordings that have been presented as evidence in the Supreme Court in a petition filed Nov 15 by the Centre for Public Interest Litigation.'
==================

Here are the recorded conversations

http://www.openthemagazine.com/

==================

NDTV on defamatory remarks against Barkha Dutt
In response to the Open Magazine cover story dated 20th November, 2010 NDTV would like to object in the strongest terms to the clear misrepresentation of conversations between Barkha Dutt and Ms. Nira Radia, that took place in May 2009.

In the pursuit of news and information, journalists talk to an array of people from all professional backgrounds; this case being an an unfolding political story on cabinet formation, after the general elections.

To caricature the professional sourcing of information as "lobbying" is not just baseless, but preposterous. :((

At every stage effective journalism involves engagement with a multitude of characters in the process of gathering news and information. To call this process "lobbying" is a serious and defamatory distortion of journalistic practices.

Ironically, when Barkha Dutt raised this smear campaign with the magazine's editor, Manu Joseph, these are the responses she got.

1. "Dear Barkha; thats not true. I can send a copy of the magazine to you right away or you can check the story on the website. We have carried the Radia transcripts which include some of your conversations with her. In fact there is not much remarkable and you will not be embarrassed by it. There is one bit in the strap where the word "go-between" is used which I dont like myself. I would love to carry your response in the next issue if you would like to send one. My email id is manu@openmedianetwork.in."

Once again,when she asked the magazine's Editor why the basic tenets of journalism had not been followed in seeking her response before publishing these accusations, this is the reply she received.

2. "Dear Barkha, In the attachment is the cover story (divided into introduction and the transcripts).

We knew we were going ahead with the story only on Monday as Prashant Bhushan had submitted a petition in the Supreme Court on Monday attaching the same recordings that we had. We had to make a decision and we did. I wanted to get your response, but there was a possibility that if the word of the story got out (and, you know very well, it is not an exclusive) some people might do their best to ensure that we didn't carry it.

If you would like to respond to the story at any length, please let me know (by Tuesday).

Warm regards"

The fact that the very editor of the magazine that has published this story accepts the distortion in the story's caption and goes on to say that there is nothing "remarkable" in the content speaks for itself.

NDTV believes the magazine should first verify and corroborate facts before participating in a defamatory smear campaign.

These are unsubstantiated, baseless and defamatory allegations and we reserve the right to take appropriate action.

Narayan Rao
Group CEO, and Executive Director, NDTV
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIw7IfGY ... w&index=12
youtube]oIw7IfGYWEk[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLoovK9 ... w&index=13
youtube]ljLoovK9SQU[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXUNO1Qs ... w&index=14
youtube]RXUNO1QsAwo[/youtube]

Audio Transcript of Vir Sanghvi and Nira Radia...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^ Well played openthemagazine.

Sombody is doing to her what she has done purposely to countless other innocent Indian citizens. Wonder how it feels being screwed over.

Poor burqa, her dented and raggedy halo has slipped. In the end, even with the finagled padma shri, people know her exactly for what she is.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

But no channel is covering this expose. It is shocking how easy some media persons have access to the top leadership of the country.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... -with-raja
RADIA: Hello?

RAJA: Raja here.

RADIA: Hi! I got a message from Barkha Dutt just now.

RAJA: Huh?

RADIA: Barkha Dutt

RAJA: What does she say?

RADIA: She says… that she has been following up the story with Prime Minister’s Office tonight. In fact, she was the one who told me that Sonia Gandhi went there. She says that he [the PM, presumably] has no problem with you, but he has a problem with Baalu.
RADIA: No, no, we are handling, don’t worry. We have to take so much off, you know, even Congress had to make that statement, no? I spoke to Sunil Mittal, did Chandoliya tell you?

RAJA: I didn’t know

RADIA: I told him to stop. I told him, it doesn’t help.

RAJA: Hmm. Tell Sunil Mittal, you have to work along with Raja for another five years. So, don’t…

RADIA: I told him that. I told him that. But then you also have to distance yourself from Anil. You must be neutral.

RAJA: Ah, that we can keep.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Two-G (2G) Spectrum Scam Tapes and follow-up

Post by ramana »

I am consolidating the posts here from the Internal security Thread.

Thanks, ramana
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Two-G (2G) Spectrum Scam Tapes and follow-up

Post by ramana »

Didn't these two journalists get Padma awards? Was it for facilitating Govt formation?
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Media person having access to politician isnt anything new.....This goes back to 50's-60's

I have seen with my own eyes, how money changes hand between politicans,business owner & jurnos.
They want to make money as much as possible & while people of India getting screwed left,right & center.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

All I can say is...WOW!
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

we need to save all these audios.they will be taken off soon.how can we download it???any idea????
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Once the courts cancel 2g spectrum cancellation(hopefully they do) then even more skeletons will start tumbling out.By the way Hats off to people like Subramanium Swamy,Prashant Bhushan,J.Gopikrishnan,Navin Upadhaya and all others who doggedly pursued this case and are still doing so.Jai Hind
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ajit_tr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIw7IfGY ... w&index=12
oIw7IfGYWEk[/youtube]

ljLoovK9SQU[/youtube]

RXUNO1QsAwo[/youtube]

ajit, are these uploaded on youtube by you ?
please remove the 'death to traitors', 'pakistan funded journalist' kind of sloganeering from your post and videos. let's not use language fit for rupeenews.
if these are not your videos please edit your posts to remove inlining of the videos and provide links only.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ajit_tr wrote:we need to save all these audios.they will be taken off soon.how can we download it???any idea????
use orbit youtube downloader. simple to use, just follow instructions on the page.
http://www.orbitdownloader.com/Use-as-Y ... loader.htm
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Till now it was felt that 2G Spectrum scam is a political affair. Looks like some of the Media and big business is also involved.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Rahul M wrote:
ajit_tr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIw7IfGY ... w&index=12
oIw7IfGYWEk[/youtube]

ljLoovK9SQU[/youtube]

RXUNO1QsAwo[/youtube]

ajit, are these uploaded on youtube by you ?
please remove the 'death to traitors', 'pakistan funded journalist' kind of sloganeering from your post and videos. let's not use language fit for rupeenews.
if these are not your videos please edit your posts to remove inlining of the videos and provide links only.
No rahul i didnt upload them.....i found it on youtube
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Last edited by ajit_tr on 19 Nov 2010 01:03, edited 3 times in total.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

ramana wrote:Didn't these two journalists get Padma awards? Was it for facilitating Govt formation?
Those were Barkha and Rajdeep.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Guys , also can someone edit the wikipedia pages of Burqa and her ilk.It seems their pages are protected and only those who are registered and have been active in past as far as editing pages is concerned are authorised to change their pages.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Trapped in telephone tapping?
Finance Minister, Pranab Mukerjee seems to be buying time when he announced that he would be making a statement on Friday on the revelations of a PR lobbyist, Nira Radia’s telephone being placed under observation as part of a CBI investigation into the “2G telecom scam”. The reason is simple.
The phones were tapped and there is irrefutable evidence that the phones put under observation revealed that the lobbyist Mrs Raida “might have a role with regards to the award of Telecom licenses” and could have influenced the 2G auction in 2008 as she also had some direct conversations with the Telecom Minister (read A Raja).

Six lines were under interception from 120 days from August 20, 2008 and again from May 11, 2009 for a period of 180 days.
An inter-departmental communications between two of the country’s premier organisations reveal that a Public Relation Agency kept under surveillance was talking about laundering and structured payoffs, transactions and liaison for projects of telecom and power. The conversations also indicated cross border transactions related to Telecom, Petroleum and also media, the June 2009 report said.

The next month filing says that the subject’s conversations indicated that the target carries out liaison work for projects of teleccom petroleum, civil aviation and power and has plans to spreading business connections to Africa including investments in Guinea and Senegal.The target has, as per telephone conversations, facilitated for a fee filing of PILs by NGOs to hurt the business interests of the rivals of clients.

Besides phone tapping, there were also whispers from Whispers in Corridors stating that Ms Radia is very close associate of Telecom Minister and helped Swan Telecom, Aircell, Unitech Wireless and Datacom get some things done in the government.What Pranabbabu will be telling the Parliament at the weekend remains to be seen as he will be addressing the more serious accusations of swindling, including IPL.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

so what's next for the congress?