Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Oct. 20, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Oct. 20, 2

Post by Muppalla »

^^^^
Continuation of Katju story from Tweets of Smita Prakash (she is one of the journos who attended the meets at both Agra and Sharam)
When Mush had said in Agra "there is someone above us" everybody presumed that the elephant in the room was Advani. MEA was silent. It let 2-Advani take the credit(if you want to call it that) but it was Katju who refused to let any dilution in the Kashmir issue in the document. Musharraf at 1 point asked Vajpai-why is this man in the room, why cant you and I discus this.Vajpai merely smiled.Mush had no choice.
Mush was livid that Vajpai would turn and speak to Katju, it was beyond Mush's scope of understanding that Indian PMs needed to consult ppl as junior as a joint sec before taking decisions.But Vajpai was clear, Katju would sit in during the meeting. And he was bound by GoI rules. Legend has it that at one pt Mush saw Katju scribbling on his notepad n asked him "tum kya likhte jaa rahe ho, jo mai bol raha hoon vo... likh rahe ho ya apney aap hi jo marzi likhey jaa rahey ho," Poker faced Katju didnt say a word and wrote that too. Katju is a Kashmiri :)
Btw Katju was in Sharm-el-Sheikh when Prime Mins Singh & Gilani met. But he was not part of negotiations.He wasnt in the room. Unfortunately.
mraghu
BRFite

Post by mraghu »

An old article : http://thetrajectory.com/blogs/index.ph ... el-sheikh/

"This correspondent has established that Katju was kept completely in the dark about the joint statement that was in the works in Sharm-el-Sheikh. He could have been consulted for a second opinion, if only because he handled Pakistan during the Kargil crisis. Besides, he would have been a touchstone precisely about the sensitivities on what has now given the UPA a bad name in its dealings with Pakistan.
Katju is a Kashmiri and has professed a hard line towards Islamabad throughout his professional life.
Or, maybe, it was precisely for that reason that Katju was kept in the dark. In Sharm-el-Sheikh, by the time Katju first read the joint statement, it had already been issued as a media release. He held his head between his hands and stared at the document in disbelief, according to a colleague who was with him at that time"

MMS and team tried a lot of tricks in Sharm-al-Sheikh
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Blast derails India-bound train in Pak
http://www.zeenews.com/news672288.html
Karachi: A blast on railway tracks near Karachi early Saturday derailed two bogies of the Thar Express, which was travelling from this southern port city of Pakistan to Rajasthan in India, Geo TV reported. No casualties were reported.

The train with 155 passengers, including 50 Indians, on board derailed due to the blast triggered by the explosives planted on the up-track near Dhabeji, 67 km from Karachi. No loss of life or injury was reported, sources said.

Pakistan Railways said the service would soon be resumed after the completion of repair work at the track. Traffic on the down track was uninterrupted.

The train set out at 11.55 pm from Karachi and was running late by around one hour due to unknown reasons. It is headed to Bhagat Ki Kothi in Rajasthan.

Rescuers, railways and police officials, who arrived at the incident site, confirmed the blast was aimed at hitting the Thar Express.

A bomb disposal squad has seized parts of the damaged rail track and explosives found from the scene and further investigations were on, police said.
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Bureaucrat PWNED Military dictator :mrgreen:
Mush was livid that Vajpai would turn and speak to Katju, it was beyond Mush's scope of understanding that Indian PMs needed to consult ppl as junior as a joint sec before taking decisions.But Vajpai was clear, Katju would sit in during the meeting. And he was bound by GoI rules. Legend has it that at one pt Mush saw Katju scribbling on his notepad n asked him "tum kya likhte jaa rahe ho, jo mai bol raha hoon vo... likh rahe ho ya apney aap hi jo marzi likhey jaa rahey ho," Poker faced Katju didnt say a word and wrote that too.
If pakistan had a few of these type of babus they wouldnt have to suffer constant military interference in their govt
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Perhaps,

I am a birdbrain and my infantile mind is unable to understand that a loly babu who during Agra would not be above the position of a JS in the MEA is able to sabotage a summit in which the PM of India and his cabinet has made up his mind to give cashmier away.

Am I the only one who is seeing some thing wrong with this picture. How about the PM himself not agreeing to the solution proposed as by Mush considering the political fall out of any such agreement.

Moreover, why is the word of a disgrased President currently in exile is considered credibel.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan now wants China to host its neutral-venue cricket matches
If TSP can outsource its foreign policy to China, why not cricket matches ?
Next time India chooses to wield the willow at Pakistan, it may be called upon to play on Chinese soil. At least, this is what the Pakistan Cricket Board wants to happen, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Friday within days of China hosting a cricket match at the Guangzhou Asian Games.

Javed Miandad, former Pakistan captain, has presented a written report to the PCB suggesting China be made a "neutral venue" for international cricket matches. The idea is to counter moves by some cricketing countries including India, who refuse to play in Pakistan on the ground that it posed a security risk.

Islamabad is also expected to support China's bid for hosting the 2012 Asian Cup in Guangzhou when the issue comes up for discussion at a meeting in Dhaka on December 12.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Raghavendra wrote:Blast derails India-bound train in Pak
http://www.zeenews.com/news672288.html
Karachi: A blast on railway tracks near Karachi early Saturday derailed two bogies of the Thar Express, which was travelling from this southern port city of Pakistan to Rajasthan in India, Geo TV reported. No casualties were reported.

A bomb disposal squad has seized parts of the damaged rail track and explosives found from the scene and further investigations were on, police said.
WHAAAT!
They didn't hose down the bomb site? General Pasha if you are reading this, please send your goons err, ISI agints to take the bum disposal squad to task for missing out on the most important part of the pakistani investigative technique.

What did you say? No one died? No politician died? No political assassination was carried out?

Oh! that explains things....
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Err, just another question.
Why did the bum disposal squad only take the track and explosives for invest-e-gations? Why didn't they make off with the whole train and the personal belongings and goats of the passengers to further invest-e-gate matter deeply?

Surely there is some slackness in the traditional pakistani work culture visible there.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Dawood bhai and Miandad bhai and Billa-Ranga (Kiya-Pasha) are upto no good with the cricket in cheena plan.

Either they plan to open their mafiose offices in cheena land, or there is some plan to make exchanges more common to and from cheena land so that something can be slipped under cover.

Or perhaps Dawood bhai wants to make a dent in the betting and money market there, and the rest are all merely assisting him.
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Pakistan - A rogue state with a rogue army http://sify.com/news/Pakistan--a-rogue- ... idget_news
Perhaps the most disturbing piece of information available from the latest Wikileaks disclosures is the United States' realisation about the durability of the links between the Pakistan Army and terrorists. As Anne Paterson, the US ambassador in Islamabad, has noted, no amount of aid from Washington will make the army cut its ties with religious extremists.

Equally upsetting for India is its belief that closer Indo-US ties will increase Pakistan's paranoia and make it move closer to the 'Afghan and Kashmir-focussed terrorist groups'. The hint in this assertion that it may be advisable for the US to cool its relations with India is not unlike the earlier observations by General Stanley McChrystal (who has since been dismissed for insubordination) that the growing Indian influence in Afghanistan will 'encourage Pakistani counter-measures'.

Again, the implicit suggestion was that India must terminate its 'development efforts' in Afghanistan so that Pakistan will not embrace the terror groups more closely. This weird logic of Patterson's and McChrystal's analyses negates the time-honoured concept of dealing with terrorists, which is not to submit to their demands since it will only encourage them to persist with their anarchic lawlessness.

Yet, in the case of Pakistan's now widely acknowledged bonhomie with the militant Islamic fundamentalists, the argument of at least a section of the US establishment is that Pakistan will continue to boost terrorism unless India stops even its humanitarian and development efforts in Afghanistan.

So the good guys must be criticised in the mistaken belief that this will induce the bad guys to behave. But the obvious counterpoint is that any such abject retreat before a blackmailer will only persuade the latter to up his demands. Indians are likely to see in this curiously indulgent American attitude a continuation of the pro-Pakistani and anti-Indian policies dating back to the former US secretary of state, John Foster Dulles, during the cold war.

This biased attitude was discernible even after the horrendous Mumbai massacres of Nov 26, 2008, when the US ambassador in New Delhi said there was 'no clear evidence' of the involvement of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) in the attack and the US, Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand refused to enter the 'blame game' between India and Pakistan. Continuing in this vein in 2009, Hillary Clinton opposed any 'premature dissemination' of Pakistan's role in the carnage.

It is not impossible that this insouciance towards such a grave tragedy was based on the belief that India, rather than the West, will remain the primary target of the terrorists. The apparent weakening of the Al Qaeda and the fact that the US has been able to prevent a repeat of 9/11 seem to have persuaded the West that it is now safer than before.

Since its current seeming invulnerability has been ascribed to improved intelligence and preventive measures, the US and the four other countries sought to blame the failure of Indian intelligence for the Mumbai outrage rather than Pakistan.

It is noteworthy that by leaning towards Pakistan, the US is ignoring its own Kerry-Lugar legislation linking US aid to the assertion of civilian supremacy in Pakistan and the reduction of military influence. Although the army remains so much of a dominant force that it was thinking of toppling yet another civilian president, as a Wikileaks document has revealed, there is no reduction in the quantum of American largesse.

From the earlier turning of the blind eye by the US to Pakistan's complicity in terrorism to the present resigned acceptance of this inconvenient fact, it is obvious that India will have to devise its own solutions to the menace.

The threat is apparently greater than any other in recent history. For a start, it is for the first time ever that the army of a country is openly in collusion with the terrorists with the rest of the world not only unable to break this sinister alliance but even to condemn Pakistan in unequivocal terms.

The danger is worsened by Pakistan's stockpiling of nuclear weapons, including - the most chilling of all - tactical battlefield nuclear armaments evidently for use in the event of an India-Pakistan war. This eager compiling of the so-called doomsday weapons is probably the result of India formulating the so-called Cold Start doctrine, which is said to envisage a swift military response to another Mumbai-type outrage.

The belief in Pakistan apparently is that the possibility of such an operation leading to a nuclear conflict will scuttle the Cold Start project.

Apart from the familiar fear of the subcontinent becoming a nuclear flashpoint, a greater apprehension in the US and Europe is the possibility of the weapons-grade material being pilfered by those sympathetic to the jehadi cause to enable the terrorists to build a 'dirty bomb' to target the West.

As a Russian document put out by Wikileaks has said, 'there are 120,000 to 130,000 people directly involved in Pakistan's nuclear and missile programmes...there is no way to guarantee that all are 100 percent loyal and reliable'.

Apart from the admission of US helplessness in the matter of stopping Pakistan from using terror as a foreign policy tool, there is nothing new in the latest leaks. But what is unnerving for India is that as its hostile and seemingly demented neighbour comes increasingly to be recognised as a rogue state with a rogue army, its sense of humiliation, intensified by despair at India's rise and rise, may force its military to take to a nihilistic path of widespread destruction.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

SS,

Reading the Kriket related news and other actions of the TSP. It seems that the TSP wants to be known as China oocupied western India. Rather then just Non Indian western India as they potrayed themselves previously.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

A simple insight by a Pakistani writer into the sorts of hilarious SDRE self image deniers who are presently running around Bakistan, pretending to be TFTA's. I love the part about "his arab ancestors".

http://www.dawn.com/2010/10/03/smokers% ... -talk.html
Smokers’ Corner: Camel talk
Nadeem F. Paracha
October 3, 2010

Last Thursday I bumped into an old college acquaintance of mine. We were both on the college cricket team. He also used to come up with the catchiest of slogans, usually aimed at our right-wing political nemeses. We called him Mirza because he had this habit of breaking into speeches about how he had Mughal ancestry, and how his ancestors were Persian-speaking traders from Samarkand.

I lost all contact with Mirza after we finished college (in January, 1988), but a common friend had informed me that Mirza had gone to study economics in Dublin. When I met Mirza again, I could hardly recognise him. He always used to maintain a scrubby stubble, calling it ‘Majnu beard.’ But when I met him again, he had a longish, flowing beard.

‘Hey, you’ve become a preacher, Mirza,’ I said, jokingly.

He smiled back: ‘Alhamdulillah!’

Mirza told me he was running a garment business in Karachi, and had got married in 1995. That’s also when he came back to Pakistan from Dublin. Mirza’s wife had spent her childhood in Saudi Arabia, but was studying in a college in Dubai when their marriage was arranged.
‘Arranged marriage?’ I smiled. ‘Doesn’t suit a Majnu.’

He laughed: ‘Well, that’s that!’
‘But when did you become a molvi?’, I asked.

According to Mirza his wife’s father (a successful businessman), was a long-time member of an Islamic evangelic movement.

‘I was lucky,’ Mirza smiled.

‘That’s nice,’ I replied. ‘So, no more drinking then?’

‘Oh, yes,’ he proudly announced. ‘I haven’t touched the stuff in over fifteen years!’
But then Mirza said something that really made my eyebrows hit the top of my forehead.
‘I had to answer my true calling,’ he explained. ‘Because after all, my ancestors used to serve the holy Prophet (PBUH).’

‘Excuse me?’ I was taken aback.
‘Yaar, you know.’
‘I know what?’ I asked.

‘My ancestors were Arab traders who converted to Islam during the Prophet’s time. Many of them then started to trade with traders in the subcontinent, and some also accompanied Muhammad bin Qasim when he invaded Sindh.’

‘Wait a minute,’ I said, holding out my hand. ‘I thought your ancestors were Persian-speaking traders from Samarkand related to the Mughals?’

‘No,’ he respond, looking surprised. ‘Who told you that?’

‘You did!’ I replied. ‘You constantly talked about it during college. The whole cricket team knew where your ancestors came from.’

‘No, my friend, that must be someone else,’ he laughed.

‘No, Mirza jee, it was you. Why do you think we called you Mirza!’ I said. But he continued to deny it. Exhausted by his convenient amnesia, I asked: ‘Tell me, Mirza, does a Pakistani have to have Arab ancestry to become a better Muslim?’

‘Bhai, I have no problem with Muslims who do not have Arab ancestors,’ he replied, putting a hand on my shoulder.

‘Oh, but I think you do!’ I said. ‘Twenty years ago you claimed to have Persian ancestry. Twenty years and a beard later, you suddenly decide to have an Arab ancestry?’
‘Relax,’ said Mirza. ‘I never said I had Persian ancestors, and…’

‘Hogwash!’ I interrupted. ‘Suddenly, all Pakistani Muslims have decided to adopt imaginary Arab ancestors. What has happened to you people?’

Mirza just smiled and shook his head.
‘Forget it,’ I smiled. ‘Now can I offer you a soft drink?’

But lo and behold, I couldn’t. He said he doesn’t want any soft drink either.
‘Why?’ I asked. ‘Don’t tell me you have diabetes.’
‘I don’t,’ he said.

‘Good, let’s have a cold drink then,’ I said.
‘I can’t!’ He replied.
‘Why, because they are made by Jewish companies?’ I asked, smiling.

‘No, I can’t because colas look like alcoholic drinks, and we are advised by our elders to avoid them,’ he calmly explained.

I was shocked. ‘Mirza, have you gone nuts? Are you allowed to have water?’
‘Yes, of course!’ He said.

‘You may as well not!’ I said. ‘Water is transparent. It looks like white wine and Vodka. Why not quit having water as well?’

Mirza turned crimson: ‘I think we should part. It was good meeting you. Good luck and God bless you.’

‘Sure, mate,’ I shrugged my shoulders. ‘God bless you too.’
Shaking my hand, he bid farewell: ‘Allah Hafiz.’
‘But, of course,’ I dryly groaned.

‘Excuse me?’ He said, staring at me.
‘Oh, nothing,’ I replied. ‘Twenty years ago it used to be Khuda Hafiz.’
He shook his head again, this time with a slight look of disgust on his face.
‘Right then,’ said I, shaking his hand. ‘Khuda Hafiz… Abu Mirza.’
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Raghavendra wrote:Bureaucrat PWNED Military dictator :mrgreen:
Mush was livid that Vajpai would turn and speak to Katju, it was beyond Mush's scope of understanding that Indian PMs needed to consult ppl as junior as a joint sec before taking decisions.But Vajpai was clear, Katju would sit in during the meeting. And he was bound by GoI rules. Legend has it that at one pt Mush saw Katju scribbling on his notepad n asked him "tum kya likhte jaa rahe ho, jo mai bol raha hoon vo... likh rahe ho ya apney aap hi jo marzi likhey jaa rahey ho," Poker faced Katju didnt say a word and wrote that too.
If pakistan had a few of these type of babus they wouldnt have to suffer constant military interference in their govt
It is very unlikely, and contrary to protocol that Vajpayee, as PM, had to "consult" a joint secretary. Much more likely is that it was a calculated move by the PM.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From the Ejaz Haider article in TFT this week.
In less than two years, the army has not only regained the space it had lost to the civilians, it has acquired more.
The army closely monitors performance on the economic front because deeper pockets help it both directly and tangentially; it retains full control of how Pakistan is to deal with the US both in relation to Afghanistan and India; and, finally, it has developed a sophisticated model of managing the media and shaping public opinion.
The three rounds of strategic dialogue with the US have seen Kayani take the lead in getting the government to put together position papers. . .Pakistan has produced three papers in the three rounds. The slick move, says a highly-placed official, was to work to get an audience with US President Barack Obama and be prepared for it with a position paper that “comprehensively” but succinctly put together Pakistan’s roadmap for Afghanistan.

The opportunity came in the third round in Washington last month when President Obama walked into a session. He left there with the paper, and as the official told this writer on the condition of anonymity, “he now knows directly what we have been telling his aides since he took over”. This was corroborated by a senior military officer privy to the exercise – “We didn’t know how Pakistan’s view was being reported to Obama. Now he knows.”
At last Sunday’s briefing, which was in-camera, a select group of media persons was informed that the US needs to understand that “idealism will have to operate within the confines of hard ground realities”. One of those hard ground realities, presumably, is that “peace and stability [in Afghanistan] must be defined in the Afghan context [because] stability is essentially a function of balance [and] balance is about reconciling the extremes”.

The security establishment’s thinking seems to be to convince the US to pursue a minimum agenda in Afghanistan with broad public support. Essentially, the argument is that given Afghanistan’s variables, the country is unlikely to have complete peace or stability in the way those concepts are understood in the West.

“We have tried to tell them that Afghanistan is unlikely to have an uncontested power centre because the country historically has had multiple centres of gravity,” says an official. The third position paper stresses that the US must adopt an “all-inclusive” approach to seeking peace and argues that Pakistan must be included in the equation because it is part of the solution and because “we have suffered the most as a result of turmoil in that country”.

Translated this means that the US should understand the historical, cultural and demographic realities of Afghanistan and include the Pashtuns in any peace process. Also, there should be no preconditions attached to this process and the US should sequence its demands rather than expecting acceptance of them by the other side as a package of preconditions to talks. And, finally, Pakistan’s concerns must be addressed.

Those concerns relate to how Kabul views Pakistan and how it deals with India. Pakistan seems to think that the three conditions of de-escalation of violence, renunciation of Al Qaeda and the acceptance of the Constitution of Afghanistan have to be tempered in the context of the country’s geography, history and culture.

The first two conditions in the long term is the converging point, though de-escalation in the interim is a problem. Pakistan neither wants Al Qaeda to operate from the region nor does it want any extremist ideology backwashed into Pakistan. But it also relies on the Pashtuns and they are mostly linked to the Taliban ideology. The hope seems to be that eight years of war will have infused in the Taliban a greater sense of pragmatism. Also, that they could be induced to share the government in some measure with other ethnic groups not amenable to pan-Islamic millenarianism. Broadly it assumes a high degree of control of or influence on the Taliban groups by Pakistan. That is a disputed issue.

Be that as it may, Pakistan seems to be now embarked on a strategy that, with minor adjustments, still draws heavily from the old paradigm. It sees India as a problem that needs to be tackled rather than a player that might be co-opted. It also looks at Afghanistan from the Pashtun prism without a visible strategy on how to deal with other ethnic groups there or how the non-Pashtun interests could be reconciled with those of the Pashtun groups.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From Such Gup
Carefully coordinated

Remember the Quaid-e-Qiwam’s fit of weeping and wailing when the gruesome murder of the doctor in London was announced? We have it from an impeccable source that it was carefully coordinated and was only for the benefit of the TV camera that had been invited to record the Quaid’s grief at the tragic killing. The same source says that as soon as the camera was switched off, everyone instantaneously snapped right back to normal. The Quaid wiped his tears, everyone very matter-of-factly straightened up, dusted themselves down, began nattering happily to each other and then went home
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ISI Chief conspired against Zardari: WikiLeaks
Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik had told then U.S. ambassador Anne Patterson that it was not chief of army staff Gen. Ashfaq Kayani but ISI chief Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha, who was hatching conspiracies against President Asif Ali Zardari, according to diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks.

The U.S. embassy cables revealed that Mr. Malik sought an urgent appointment with Ms. Patterson in November 2009 and said that Gen. Pasha was hatching plots against Mr. Zardari, adding that the president needed political security, The News International reported.

However, Ms. Patterson was certain that the chief of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) could not do it alone.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

ASPuar wrote:A simple insight by a Pakistani writer into the sorts of hilarious SDRE self image deniers who are presently running around Bakistan, pretending to be TFTA's. I love the part about "his arab ancestors".

http://www.dawn.com/2010/10/03/smokers% ... -talk.html

Smokers’ Corner: Camel talk
Nadeem F. Paracha
October 3, 2010
Let us hope enough PaK-roaches claim Arab ancestory and arabs start puking their dinner in large numbers and do something about this...perhaps issue a strong denial...

Having said that it is quite appropriate that fanatic barbarian Paki animals claim a ancestry that suits them better.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

SSridhar wrote:
However, Ms. Patterson was certain that the chief of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) could not do it alone.
Of course, he needs some one to hose the site down... :lol:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Suppiah wrote:
SSridhar wrote:
Of course, he needs some one to hose the site down... :lol:
Water. Not enough water because it is being held back by Indian dams. And the floods are over.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

I thought Dubai and Abu Dhabi were to be pakiland's preferred neutral "home-away-from-home" cricketing venues? With all those shalwar wearing paki laborers waving the green and white flags crammed two to a seat, it was a sweet, win-win deal (without the post match riots). Now its China as the proposed neutral venue? How will thousands of purelanders get those hard to get visas and travel across China to cheer their tainted team? Looks like this is another fallout from Vicky's leaks with all those arabian sheikhs privately professing their true "love and feelings" for their paki cousins. Or is it Miandad-bhai's payback from the chinese for being their paid-mentor?

Anyway, this is the sort of "hand holding" the purelanders should expect from their "deeper than the deepest oceans" friends:

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SSridhar wrote:Pakistan now wants China to host its neutral-venue cricket matches
If TSP can outsource its foreign policy to China, why not cricket matches ?
Next time India chooses to wield the willow at Pakistan, it may be called upon to play on Chinese soil. At least, this is what the Pakistan Cricket Board wants to happen, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Friday within days of China hosting a cricket match at the Guangzhou Asian Games.

Javed Miandad, former Pakistan captain, has presented a written report to the PCB suggesting China be made a "neutral venue" for international cricket matches. The idea is to counter moves by some cricketing countries including India, who refuse to play in Pakistan on the ground that it posed a security risk.

Islamabad is also expected to support China's bid for hosting the 2012 Asian Cup in Guangzhou when the issue comes up for discussion at a meeting in Dhaka on December 12.
I think China should open up the KKH more for the Pakistanis to come over and teach Uyghurs how to play cricket. It should be visa free travel between Pakistan and China on the KKH, so as to really make the game popular!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

WikiLeaks, a conspiracy against Muslims: PPP
Pakistan People’s Party Punjab President Imtiaz Safdar Warraich has demanded action against the ambassadors and other culprits involved in the WikiLeaks revelations, terming the WikiLeaks report a conspiracy against the Muslim world.

Addressing reporters at a press conference after attending PPP’s Punjab Assembly parliamentary party meeting at the Governor’s House on Friday, Warraich said that there was no truth in these reports and every thing would be clarified with time. :roll:
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Pratyush wrote:Perhaps,

I am a birdbrain and my infantile mind is unable to understand that a loly babu who during Agra would not be above the position of a JS in the MEA is able to sabotage a summit in which the PM of India and his cabinet has made up his mind to give cashmier away.

Am I the only one who is seeing some thing wrong with this picture. How about the PM himself not agreeing to the solution proposed as by Mush considering the political fall out of any such agreement.

Moreover, why is the word of a disgrased President currently in exile is considered credibel.
You may be 100% correct. We can give all the credit of Agra to a INC correspondent sitting 5 miles away from the venue, and it wouldn't matter as India did not compromise on its core interests.

Unfortunately we cant say that about S-e-S. The entire blame of S-e-S stops at PM of India, MMS.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mushy is setting up strawman that Indian babucracy is against leaders piss process. And our DDM is as usual giving the murderer hawa for their own Leftist agenda. i wish he was allowed and arrested and charged for the Lt Kaila and his squad's deaths.
Sadler
BRFite

Post by Sadler »

RamaY wrote:^ Criticism of Islam and its prophets (along with other religions and profets) is prohibited on BRF. Kindly note.

Someone was talking about why leaders like Nehru, Patel, Bose etc did not born in Pakistan. Gandhi himself has slim chance, given his experiments with truth.
Thank you for your post. Kindly note that what i stated was not criticism but historical fact. Google it and you shall find it.

The assassination of critics of mohammad is fairly well documented. And from it follows the religious sanction to silence critics of islam in general. If this man has been found guilty of blasphemy, then the judicial sentence of death has NOTHING to do with islam being a religion of peace or otherwise. That was my point. The execution of blashemy convicts is simply a judicial matter in a country ruled by shariah. No conclusion as to its nature (peaceful, violent, benevolent etc) can be extrapolated. I was using sarcasm to make my point. If anything, my post could be construed as a defense of islam from accusations of not being a "religion of peace."

My post was a statement of facts, i was perhaps guilty of being a bit of sarcasm/humor. As such, since BRF has not adopted Shariah as its official religion, to my knowledge neither sarcasm nor humor has not yet been banned on this forum.

Nevertheless, thank you sincerely for kind note and Shalom.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Pratyush wrote:SS,

Reading the Kriket related news and other actions of the TSP. It seems that the TSP wants to be known as China oocupied western India. Rather then just Non Indian western India as they potrayed themselves previously.
ChOoWIa :P

Cheena OOccupied TerrorIst Against --- Rest of the world
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Criticism of Islam and its prophets (along with other religions and profets) is prohibited on BRF. Kindly note.

Ramay Ji, stop it. Mods do there job. What Sadler San qouted is fact as mentioned. Mohammed indeed ordered MURDER of people who criticized him. Including Women. These facts remain and are undisputed so far. And they do not constitute criticism of Islams Prophet. Even if 160 million or more in this country worship him, fact remains and will remain that he Mohammed did indeed order/ encourage murder of people who critized him.

IMHO Bharat Rakshak should be such. Rakshak of Bharat is rakshak of Satyameva Jayate: Truth always triumphs. Hindutva does't necessarily represent truth. Most Hindutvadi's i have mewt are knee jerk Anti Musim. Same have never read Koran or Hadith. Same at very sober moments are stunned/ shocked that the Koran says such things against unbelievers. Advani is one amongst them and so a majority even in the Hindutva brigade. If Islam and i repeat not Islamism has a problem, ordinary muslims are as much victim as the infidel and Kafir.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Very sad! I wish that India speaks more forcefully to help these communities!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Figuring out pakhanistan
From WikiLeaks to PakiWeaks
My personal favourite, her comment about the Pakistani psyche after Nawaz Sharif thanked the Americans for ‘selecting’ Kayani: “The fact that a former prime minister believes the US could control the appointment of Pakistan’s chief of army staff speaks volumes about the myth of American influence here.”
The great myth about Pakistan is that someone is in fact in charge of this place, a puppet master up above pulling strings at will. But everywhere you look, you find principals who are often uncertain themselves, groping around in the dark, searching for answers.
Various power centres with differing interests competing for power, some centres more powerful than others, but none so powerful as to always dictate the course of history — that, more than a great puppet master at home or abroad choreographing the dance of chaos, is what best describes power politics in Pakistan. Anne Patterson took less than three years to figure it out. Pakistanis are on their 64th and counting.
“In the Russian view, there is another serious threat that should be discussed: Pakistan. Pakistan is a nation with nuclear weapons, various delivery systems and a domestic situation that is highly unstable. Russia assesses that Islamists are not only seeking power in Pakistan but are also trying to get their hands on nuclear materials.” Ummm, so now the Russians think we are verging on basket-case, too?
“[Leslie Mariot, UK foreign office official] noted that the Chinese had ‘pretty much’ said a year ago that if the US ratifies the CTBT, China would follow suit. Further, China has ‘dumped’ Pakistan in the Conference on Disarmament (CD), which is a ‘good sign’. Tauscher urged P5 action to get Pakistan to stop blocking progress in the CD on the Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty (FMCT).” Ummm, so our ‘best friend’ China has ‘dumped’ us on an issue the army considers vital to our national security?
And, the moment of Zen:
Wasn’t in just the West, the ‘Muslim-hating’ West, that was supposed to be all worried about Pakistan? How are we managing to simultaneously alarm the Russians and lose the support of the Chinese too, then? :(( :((
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Zaid Bee Mahdi Hamid predictions(pbuh). You heard it here first folks.

G'ranty you, we pakis will be on the moon and will be a superpower in five years. G'ranty. (May the long awaited mahdi live to see the next five years).
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

anupmisra wrote:Zaid Bee Mahdi Hamid predictions(pbuh). You heard it here first folks.
See the reference to the 1940 speech and the achieving it in 1947. This part of the false expectation which they feel they own. There is this living in the false reality of the past and expecting it in the present. Looks like their sense of reality is completely destroyed. This can be used for destroying them.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://nationalinterest.org/article/ana ... ?page=show

The Anarchic Republic of Pakistan

From the SEPT-OCT 2010 issue | More

Ahmed Rashid | August 24, 2010

THERE IS perhaps no other political-military elite in the world whose aspirations for great-power regional status, whose desire to overextend and outmatch itself with meager resources, so outstrips reality as that of Pakistan. If it did not have such dire consequences for 170 million Pakistanis and nearly 2 billion people living in South Asia, this magical thinking would be amusing.

This is a country that sadly appears on every failing-state list and still wants to increase its arsenal from around 60 atomic weapons to well over 100 by buying two new nuclear reactors from China. This is a country isolated and friendless in its own region, facing unprecedented homegrown terrorism from extremists its army once trained, yet it pursues a “forward policy” in Afghanistan to ensure a pro-Pakistan government in Kabul as soon as the Americans leave.

For a state whose economy is on the skids and dependent on the IMF for massive bailouts, whose elite refuse to pay taxes, whose army drains an estimated 20 percent of the country’s annual budget, Pakistan continues to insist that peace with India is impossible for decades to come. For a country that was founded as a modern democracy for Muslims and non-Muslims alike and claims to be the bastion of moderate Islam, it has the worst discriminatory laws against minorities in the Muslim world and is being ripped apart through sectarian and extremist violence by radical groups who want to establish a new Islamic emirate in South Asia.

Pakistan’s military-intelligence establishment, or “deep state” as it is called, has lost over 2,300 soldiers battling these terrorists—the majority in the last 15 months after much U.S. cajoling to go after at least the Pakistani (if not the Afghan) Taliban. Despite these losses and considerable low morale in the armed forces, it still follows a pick-and-choose policy toward extremists, refusing to fight those who will confront India on its behalf as well as those Taliban who kill Western and Afghan soldiers in the war next-door.
An army that has received nearly $12 billion in direct military aid from the United States since 2001, and has favored-nation status from NATO, still keeps the leaders of the Afghan Taliban in safe refuge. Pakistan’s civilians, politicians and intellectuals are helpless; they cannot make the deep state see sense as long as the West continues its duplicitous policies of propping up the military-intelligence establishment in opposition to popular society while demanding that the Pakistani civilian government wrest back control of the country.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Dont Laugh !!
The curse of India’s growth —Lallu Khan
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2010_pg3_4
For more than two decades society has been under a kind of Orwellian spell where almost everything written or said in the mainstream media and intellectual circles in fact means its opposite. Clichés like “end of history”, “socialism has failed”, “capitalism has lifted millions out of poverty”, etc, reek of a moral and ethical decline of the system and society as a whole.
The most significant case in point is India. Its “spectacular growth rates” and its economic exuberance have been and are being glorified by analysts and commentators. All this deafening chorus about the “largest democracy in the world” is repeated over and over again as if to hide the stark realities that afflict Indian society today.India has more billionaires than Japan, yet almost half of the world’s poor inhabit this “largest democracy”. For the last decade India’s growth rate has been around 8-9 percent, and yet of its 1.2 billion people 85 percent, or 900 million, live on less then 45 cents a day according to Newsweek. A decade ago these destitute souls were 770 million. This is a graphic illustration of the character of the “high growth rates” in these countries, where they have an inverse effect on the living conditions of the masses. It is the organic crisis of a decaying capitalism that has failed to develop society.In another article Jawed Naqvi narrates an anecdote that elaborates on the plight of the masses in India. “In one of the visits to the site of the Narmada anti-dam demonstrations led by Mehda Patkar, a woman protester was carrying a bottle of water to beat the scorching heat. She was surprised when some of the boys asked her what she was carrying in the plastic bottle. The boys simply refused to believe that it was water and nothing else...One of the boys produced his own version of water, a bottle of brown liquid, and insisted that water was brown and not transparent.”Sixty-three years after bloody partition, independent India has brought even greater misery on the inhabitants of this tragic land. The ruling classes have failed to carry through the tasks of the national democratic revolution. Their nationalism has been a mere deception. Lakshmi Mittal, the largest steel producer in the world, who owns ArcelorMittal conglomerate, has hardly a single foundry in India.
The writer is A real Poak and the editor of Asian Marxist Review and International Secretary of Pakistan Trade Union Defence Campaign.
Last edited by Gerard on 05 Dec 2010 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: haram back slash changed to halal forward slash
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

sour grapes are getting sourer!! What was that ad - "Neighbor's ENVY, Owner's PRIDE!!
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

jamwal wrote:
ChOoWIa :P

Cheena OOccupied TerrorIst Against --- Rest of the world
Sounds good to me but takes away the India focus. if you will :((
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Prem wrote:Dont Laugh !!
The curse of India’s growth —Lallu Khan

The writer is A real Poak and the editor of Asian Marxist Review and International Secretary of Pakistan Trade Union Defence Campaign.
What Kind of a lallu SDRE name is that for a purelander??
Last edited by Narad on 05 Dec 2010 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ His name is not Lallu :lol: it's a different matter that he is one. :roll:
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/05/india-st ... istan.html
They can't get Indian flag right and they want to cross border and bring peace? Flag upside down could be deliberate also.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

flag upside down....maybe because they always want green on top!