2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vimal
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vimal »

nvishal wrote:https://youtu.be/0HSf-_rRs0Q

This is a 4 minute podcast by separatist sikhs on the events of Jan 26th.

Go into that channels video tab and see the propaganda war.
Do not view their content or engage with them in any way all of that actually helps them. Instead downvote and report them as hateful content.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Ambar wrote:The irony is Rakesh Tikiat himself was a police constable once in the very city he chose to burn and was a colleague of the very men in uniform his fellow rioters and murderers decided to attack.
His father was very wise and noble man. I hosted him when he came to Brussels for Monsanto protest. Embassy asked to help. I went to protest site. It was a big hall in rundown area. I saw he was sitting on floor. I felt bad . Such a Leader sitting on floor. I felt bad. Arranged for soft cushion and white sheet.Got food from home. In the evening I had chance to talk to him in details. I was impressed. His son is duffer. Shame.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

S Prasannarajan has an interesting take in Open The Magazine:
Protesting Too Much: The Modi Derangement Syndrome
A great term - "Modi Derangement Syndrome" . Fundamentally, every single protest so far has nothing at all to do with any particular law. It's entirely an opposition to Modi, whom they have no hope of dislodging in legislature. The goal therefore is to delegitimize him publicly.

In my opinion, it is pointless to attempt sane conversation with anyone in this context. Always bring it back to Modi and throw him in their face and tell them it's all because they hate him. At some point they'll crack and confirm it. It needs to be repeatedly hammered in to anyone officiously bringing up 'protests in India' that they simply hate Modi. Of course they'll try to deny it, but the faked conviction is so weak that it is easily broken.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

chetak wrote:Image
Pls use the small sized images when posting.
Also, when you see such tweet; immediately report as hateful speech. Do not engage or comment.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

TOI - Dead farmer was just back from Australia; wife, 21, still there

https://twitter.com/saranstm/status/135 ... 32128?s=20 - Background of dead farmer - Family owns 12 acres, wouldn't have paid a single rupee as tax, foreign studies in Canada/Australia, subsidies underwritten by a youngster in B'lore working his butt off & paying his taxes, looking to pay off the debts of his lower middleclass family
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

The leadership vacuum is so evident if one-hit wonders like Tikait are being touted as the next best thing. Ecosystem must be getting pretty jittery looking at the current opposition leadership. No one to bank on. Even the great hope, Mamatha can't muster 100 of her own MLAs to pass a bill. Kejriwal is boxed in Delhi and all second rung Congress leaders continue to remain second-rung.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

I would love to have Tikait, Pappu and Owaisi to be part of the next mahathagbandhan.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Skanda wrote:The leadership vacuum is so evident if one-hit wonders like Tikait are being touted as the next best thing. Ecosystem must be getting pretty jittery looking at the current opposition leadership. No one to bank on. Even the great hope, Mamatha can't muster 100 of her own MLAs to pass a bill. Kejriwal is boxed in Delhi and all second rung Congress leaders continue to remain second-rung.
Allegedly Nand Kishor Gujjar, a BJP MLA took a bunch of people, raised slogans against Jatts which led to Tikait backtracking on courting arrest and turning the tide in his favour. Also seen plenty of these images where 'locals' who were spotted protesting outside these sites were seen a multiple sites and later also identified outside BJP local offices. Another example of poor state level leadership at party level.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Kati wrote:
a_bharat wrote:
I hate to say this, but I think the representation of Sikhs in armed forces needs to be brought down to their proportion in the population (I am assuming they are disproportionately high in numbers -- please correct me if I am wrong). This is a national security issue.
^^^
That is an absolute must.
Sikhs constitute about 2.5% of the population, but in the armed forces they are about 12%..
Not true. Since mid 80's percentage of Sikh recruits has been going down. Now Haryana contributes maximum soldiers around 10-11 percent. Sikhs in Army may not be more than 5-6%.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

rsingh wrote:
Ambar wrote:The irony is Rakesh Tikiat himself was a police constable once in the very city he chose to burn and was a colleague of the very men in uniform his fellow rioters and murderers decided to attack.
His father was very wise and noble man. I hosted him when he came to Brussels for Monsanto protest. Embassy asked to help. I went to protest site. It was a big hall in rundown area. I saw he was sitting on floor. I felt bad . Such a Leader sitting on floor. I felt bad. Arranged for soft cushion and white sheet.Got food from home. In the evening I had chance to talk to him in details. I was impressed. His son is duffer. Shame.
They all started with noble intentions in the 70s, Prof. Nanjundaswamy in my state of Karnataka was no different. But what started as unions fighting for the rights of farmers and peasants quickly joined hands with communist unions, student unions and turned their agitation to gain political clout . By late 80s many of them had become full time politicians. Just like Charan Singh used Mahendra Tikait to rally jats of western UP in his favor, various Janata Dal factions courted Nanjundaswamy in Karnataka. The irony is when some of these unions were formed in 1970s their collective goal was to fight the powerful Indira Gandhi and the Congress government, today the same congress is using these unions to fight Modi and the BJP government. The sad outcome of this agitation is no matter how far a particular group takes their hate for BJP and Modi including leading a siege on the red fort , moving down police and pushing them into canals on live TV they will still be forgiven because their caste, tribe and interest is sacrosanct , nation be damned.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Gujarat HC stays arrest warrant against Paranjoy Guha Thakurta in Adani defamation case
https://www.opindia.com/2021/01/gujarat ... tion-case/
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday stayed the non-bailable arrest warrant against journalist Paranjoy Guha Thakurta that was issued by a lower court in relation to a criminal defamation case filed by Adani Group against him. The High Court passed an order suspending the warrant on the condition that Thakurta would give an undertaking to the court assuring to be present at the next hearing of the matter on February 9.

The HC asked Thakurta to file an undertaking

Thakurta, through his lawyer Anand Yagnik, had reportedly moved a petition before the High Court seeking the quashing of the order of arrest passed by the Magistrate First Class, Mundra, Kutch. A Bench of Justice BN Karia reportedly issued a notice to the original complainant Adani Power directing it to respond by February 20. The High Court directed Thakurta to appear before the Taluka court in Mundra where the case is being heard. He is expected to submit the undertaking the same day assuring that he would be present as and when the trial court would require his presence.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

After a brief stroke of luck due to Khalistani rampage, govt has missed another opportunity and let Tikait etc regroup (with AAP and Congress help) instead of moving in for the kill. This will drag on for more time, with BIF simply ensuring the baton of the 'de-legitmimize Modi' movement was passed from Punjab Jat Sikhs to UP/Haryana Jats.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

As a jat from Haryana I feel bad. I talked to some of my friends from Rohtak. Protesting farmers are going Delhi for fun. Most of them are uneducated. During this process they are destroying image of Haryana.. They are confirming Bollywood where Haryanvi jats as voulger and brainless people. Lack of education is showing up. In my family no body bh*****or mader****. In 1984 I used to commute to Dehi. One day I was sitting near a commuter group.There two guys were explaining how they killed a sardar family. I was horrified. How easily normal people can be turned until beast.

It is easy to manipulate a crowd. Manipulating 2 persons is difficult. This quote is attributed to Hitler.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Punjab’s arhtiyas: sins of commission
Commission agents (arhtiyas) are a powerful lobby in the state’s agriculture and politics. Attempts to resolve Punjab’s agrarian crisis without breaking their grip on the farmer will not succeed

https://ruralindiaonline.org/en/article ... ommission/
“There is no such thing as a crisis in agriculture.”

Meet Darshan Singh Sanghera, vice president of Punjab’s powerful Arhtiyas Association. And boss of its Barnala district chapter. Arhtiyas are commission agents, a link between farmers and buyers of their produce. They arrange for the auction and delivery of harvested crop to the buyers. They are also moneylenders with a long history in that trade. In recent years, they’ve emerged as input dealers as well. All of which means they wield great control over farmers in this state.

The arhtiyas are also politically powerful. They count members of the legislative assembly amongst their brethren. In July last year, they honoured Chief Minister Amarinder Singh with the title of ‘Fakhr-e-Quam’ (‘Pride of the Community’). Local media termed the event “a mega felicitation function.” It came soon after the chief minister had said it would be difficult to waive off the debt owed by farmers to the arhtiyas.

As many as 86 per cent of farmer and 80 per cent of agricultural labour households are mired in debt, says a study on Indebtedness among Farmers and Agricultural Labourers in Rural Punjab. Its authors, researchers at Punjabi University, Patiala, say over a fifth of that debt was owed to commission agents and moneylenders. What’s more, the debt burden gets worse down the scale. It’s heaviest amongst marginal and small farmers. The study covered 1007 farmer and 301 agricultural labour households. Its field surveys in 2014-15 were spread across all regions of the state. Other studies too speak of deepening debt and mounting misery.

Darshan Singh Sanghera dismisses agrarian distress as “all due to the spending habits of the farmer. That is what lands them in trouble,” he says firmly. “We help them with money to buy inputs. Also, when they have weddings, medical and other expenses. When the farmer’s harvest is ready, he brings it and gives it to an ahrtiya. We clean the crop, bag it, deal with the government, the banks, the market.” The government pays the agents 2.5 per cent of the value of total procurement of wheat and paddy. The official side of their activity is governed by the Punjab State Agricultural Marketing Board. The farmers receive their payment through these commission agents. And all this is apart from the income the arhtiyas derive from moneylending.
Srutayus
BRFite

Post by Srutayus »

Allegedly Nand Kishor Gujjar, a BJP MLA took a bunch of people, raised slogans against Jatts which led to Tikait backtracking on courting arrest and turning the tide in his favour.
Several such allegations will be used in the coming days to find excuses for the unpardonable events in the last few days and to further caste polarization by those who are unable to find success in the democratic process.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

As I said this problem is not going to go away by ignoring. Letting Tikait off will be costly as now other farmers broker groups won’t want to be seen left behind. They will start coming back as well. Tikait will be the next hero of these people and will be ably supported by Kejriwal.

This Parliament session is going to be washed out anyway with the opposition not letting it function.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Bart S wrote:After a brief stroke of luck due to Khalistani rampage, govt has missed another opportunity and let Tikait etc regroup (with AAP and Congress help) instead of moving in for the kill. This will drag on for more time, with BIF simply ensuring the baton of the 'de-legitmimize Modi' movement was passed from Punjab Jat Sikhs to UP/Haryana Jats.
But what's the point then. If not the farmer agitation, the so-called opposition will move on to another hot potato item. Raise another ruckus. This agitation at least stands so thoroughly dis-credited that the only complaint we have is, "Why is this show still going on?" or we are just waiting when the RAF/CRPF/DP will come down hard on these hooligans.

But look at it from the Govt point of view. They are actually spared from worrying about what the opposition will do somewhere else. Its like the Martix. A bunch of dis-credited folks group together and raise slogans. The more this function, the less mileage the opposition can get. GOI has nothing to lose from now on. While everyone is distracted with this agitation, the Govt can concentrate on something else. This thing has gone on for 60 days. I am not sure if the rest of the country cares.

Only thing the GOI needs to ensure is to make sure that security situation does not spiral out.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

vimal wrote:I would love to have Tikait, Pappu and Owaisi to be part of the next mahathagbandhan.
you sly fox :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Bart S wrote:After a brief stroke of luck due to Khalistani rampage, govt has missed another opportunity and let Tikait etc regroup (with AAP and Congress help) instead of moving in for the kill. This will drag on for more time, with BIF simply ensuring the baton of the 'de-legitmimize Modi' movement was passed from Punjab Jat Sikhs to UP/Haryana Jats.
tikait has been pledged support by pappu, khujliwal, the commie combine and akaless

he has now hunkered down once again after such assurances which means more money, muscle and material.

power and water cut by UP has been restored by khujliwal from dilli sources.

and the other support infrastructure has started to ramp up once again.

A khap panchayat mustering at Muzzafarnagar (UP) to support tikait after his waterworks display which has allegedly upset his supporters who are seeking now vengeance

once this gathering reaches critical mass, the khalistanis will be
back once again.

they all now know that there will be no shooting, come what may, so many mice are roaring like lions

quick arrest of all traitors under UAPA and sedition should cool their jets

unleash arnab with his english and hindi channels and sort out the venomous congi/SS/maratha gangs in the MVA to stop the attacks on republic

It doesn't help your cause if you keep giving your evil enemies padma bushans and the like
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

No, let them gather. This time they are gathering in lakhs and not thousands, the citizens of Delhi have chosen AAP and Kejriwal twice now , the 2nd time after his party people were openly caught supporting rioters and murderers in Delhi last year. Once again after the republic day violence he has doubled down his support to these farmers who are now emboldened by the political muscle. But here's the caveat, unlike the super funded punjabi farmers in tikri and singhu with their almond breakfast, pizza and jalebis lunch, foot massagers etc, the UP and Haryana jats beyond a point will have to do the financial heavylifting themselves. Let them sit and block Delhi, at this point even if Kejriwal welcomes rolling Pakistani tanks on the western border with flower garlands he will still be re-elected, such is the addiction of freebies . I do feel bad for the law abiding middleclass and non-jat laborers, workers of UP who are now caught in this mess. Yogi in UP and Modi in center have done their best and beyond all expectations to improve the lives of common citizenry but we are just too divided, too thick-skulled and selfish to see the bigger picture.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Ambar wrote:No, let them gather. This time they are gathering in lakhs and not thousands, the citizens of Delhi have chosen AAP and Kejriwal twice now , the 2nd time after his party people were openly caught supporting rioters and murderers in Delhi last year. Once again after the republic day violence he has doubled down his support to these farmers who are now emboldened by the political muscle. But here's the caveat, unlike the super funded punjabi farmers in tikri and singhu with their almond breakfast, pizza and jalebis lunch, foot massagers etc, the UP and Haryana jats beyond a point will have to do the financial heavylifting themselves. Let them sit and block Delhi, at this point even if Kejriwal welcomes rolling Pakistani tanks on the western border with flower garlands he will still be re-elected, such is the addiction of freebies . I do feel bad for the law abiding middleclass and non-jat laborers, workers of UP who are now caught in this mess. Yogi in UP and Modi in center have done their best and beyond all expectations to improve the lives of common citizenry but we are just too divided, too thick-skulled and selfish to see the bigger picture.
Shortsighted people voted for free BS not realizing there is no free lunch
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Ambar wrote:No, let them gather. This time they are gathering in lakhs and not thousands, the citizens of Delhi have chosen AAP and Kejriwal twice now , the 2nd time after his party people were openly caught supporting rioters and murderers in Delhi last year. Once again after the republic day violence he has doubled down his support to these farmers who are now emboldened by the political muscle. But here's the caveat, unlike the super funded punjabi farmers in tikri and singhu with their almond breakfast, pizza and jalebis lunch, foot massagers etc, the UP and Haryana jats beyond a point will have to do the financial heavylifting themselves. Let them sit and block Delhi, at this point even if Kejriwal welcomes rolling Pakistani tanks on the western border with flower garlands he will still be re-elected, such is the addiction of freebies . I do feel bad for the law abiding middleclass and non-jat laborers, workers of UP who are now caught in this mess. Yogi in UP and Modi in center have done their best and beyond all expectations to improve the lives of common citizenry but we are just too divided, too thick-skulled and selfish to see the bigger picture.
This sounds pretty defeatist. The govt though has it's responsibilities to the nation and can't give up or abandon it's duties. The fight must go on and the elected government and will of the parliament must prevail. If the govt gives in at this point, they might as well not bother about any more legislation (or elections for that matter) as the same template will be repeated 100x.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

I think we must change the gears of this thread for a while., Too much attention is given to zamindars while the progress in the rest of the country is ignored.

We also need to discuss the current padma shree and padma bhushan awards. And celebrate the achievements of the younglings who got the awards this year.

I am posting a memoir on Prof. B. B. Lal by archaeologist K. K Mohammad. This is a must-read.

https://swarajyamag.com/culture/archaeo ... ee-b-b-lal
K K Muhammed recalls interesting anecdotes with Professor B B Lal and the exciting journey of archaeological discoveries.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

For those who don’t know; Tikait was behind the Jaat led riots that rocked UP and destroyed many pissfuls after they dared to attack people returning from Jaat panchayat. This is not a zero sum game; he is a ground level warrior unlike Internet one and Hindus need each of these as much as possible. He is playing a dirty political game but it’s time to put his energy against BiF and not make enemy out of him. He has no skin in this game and probably can be paid off.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

He is a politician , a failed one at that. He contested on an RLD ticket, lost by a huge margin, had a fallout with Ajit Singh and quit. He has skin in the game because he thinks he can either be the next king or king maker in UP or atleast a MP in the next elections. None of these farm leaders are squatting on the highways without a selfish motive. He was an unknown entity outside of western UP but now you have senior politicians of parties around India fawning in their love for this thug.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... 57291.html

Gandhi statue vandalized by likely Khalistanis. And wtf is this this organization for minorities in India.
Organisation for Minorities in India (OFMI), which spearheaded these protests and opposed the installation of the statue. The City of Davis had however voted to go ahead with the installation. Since then OFMI had launched a campaign to remove the Gandhi statue.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Bomb blast in Delhi near Israeli embassy

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rakesh Tikait was thrashed by Khalistanis minutes before the press conference in which broke into tears: Report

Rakesh Tikait was thrashed by Khalistanis minutes before the press conference in which broke into tears: Report

Tikait was not only slapped inside but one of the Khalistani supporters even kicked Tikait that led him to collapse on the ground, the report suggests

30 January, 2021
OpIndia Staff

Image Rakesh Tikait sobs at a press conference on January 28(Source: Economic Times)

Kreately report claims Rakesh Tikait was thrashed by Khalistani supporters just before the press conference in which he sobbed
Rakesh Tikait sobs at a press conference on January 28(Source: Economic Times)

In a stunning revelation, a report published on Kreately states that Bharatiya Kisan Union(BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait was beaten to the pulp by some hardline Sikhs and Khalistani proponents before his press conference on the evening of January 28, wherein he broke into tears and alleged that farmers are being cheated, and a conspiracy is being hatched to kill them.

Big : टिकैत के रोने से पहले खालिस्तानियों ने टैंट के अंदर की थी टिकैत की पिटाई ?

प्रेस कांफ्रेस से पहले टिकैत को कुछ कट्टर सिखों ने थप्पड़ और लातों से मारा था और पैसे वापस देने की डेडलाइन दी pic.twitter.com/mpcFhUH779

— Kreately (@KreatelyMedia) January 30, 2021

The report claims that the real reason for Tikait’s crying was not his concern for the farmers but it was something else. A few minutes before the press conference, the Kreately report says, a team of Khalistanis who were bankrolling the movement sought a meeting with Tikait. The team was reportedly angry with Tikait.

As per eyewitness account cited in the report, one of the members of the Khalistani team hustled Tikait inside a room while hurling expletives and abuses at him. Tikait was not only slapped inside but one of the Khalistani supporters even kicked Tikait that led him to collapse on the ground.

The report goes on to claim that the members of the Khalistani group threatened Tikait with returning their money. According to the sources cited by the Kreately report, this was the real reason why Tikait sobbed in front of the camera during the press conference, not his concern for the farmers which is being bandied about in the media. Reportedly, the threats issued by Khalistanis caused Tikait’s BP to shoot up that night and which was allegedly brought under control by a team of doctors sent by the Police.

As of now, there has not been a refutal of the assertions made in the article by any authoritative source.

However, there have been several reports which claim that Khalistanis have indeed been financing the ongoing ‘farmers’ protest. Just a few days back, banned Khalistani outfit Sikhs for Justice(SFJ) had announced a reward of $ 350,000 for laying siege to the Indian Parliament and raising Khalistani flags there.

Rakesh Tikiat has an emotional breakdown during a press conference after the Republic Day violence

Two days after tractor rally protesters ran riot on the streets of Delhi, indulging in violence and vandalism, and laying siege to the Red Fort, BKU leader Rakesh Tikait addressed a press conference to ward off an imminent attempt by the government to vacate the Ghazipur Protest site.

On January 28, Rakesh Tikait addressed a press conference where he broke into tears claiming that the protests will go on and kept insisting that the laws must be repealed. He also threatened to commit suicide and also said that there was a conspiracy underway to murder farmers.

Rakesh Tikait doubles down on his efforts to sustain the ‘farmers’ protests
Following the Republic Day violence, the credibility of the ‘farmers’ agitation has taken a hit. Rakesh Tikait’s emotional breakdown has been seen by many as a last-ditch attempt by the leader to ward off a forthcoming police action against the protesters. In fact, after he cried on the national television to garner sympathy, Tikait has doubled down on his efforts to intensify the ongoing protests.

The protests that started as a farmer rally has now turned into a caste showdown as farmer leaders are now trying to mobilize protestors on caste lines. In what seems to be the last push, Bharatiya Kisan Union leader Rakesh Tikait, accused of instigating the Republic Day violence, has now farmers from Western UP to reach Ghazipur site to support his protests against the government.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Apna ugaa le internet.

Waise bhi Dilli police ke tujhe diye hue 3 din kal poore ho rahe hain.

Kya internet se seedha Tihar me download hone ka vichaar hai kya

ANI@ANI · 17h

We demand the restoration of internet services in areas where agitation is going on. Otherwise, we will hold demonstration against it in the country: Krantikari Kisan Union leader Darshan Pal Singh
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

I am really surprised at people missing the elephant in the room. In Shaheenbagh and other anti CAA protests, it was mostly the Muslims out on the streets. People were horrified to see the Muslims going on a rampage in various parts of India and the polarisation was becoming even more stark. The war was between the dharmics and the Abrahamics, and the Congress and the other `secular' parties were cornered as Hinduphobes and terrorist supporters. This was not the position they relished.

After that, they realised that the fronting of agitations against the BJP government had to be done by the Hindus and the Sikhs, whom the nationalist Hindus would find either difficult to attack, or better yet, would actually attack on caste/religious lines, weakening dharmic unity. Here is an article written by Rajdeep over an year ago, providing a blueprint for the present and coming agitations. https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/magazine/ ... ssion=true

It lays out the template for all further agitations. Hindus have to fight other Hindus. Farmers groups, tech groups, student groups - nothing overtly identifiable to the Jihadis and their backers should be allowed to occur. It should all be seen as a fight over issues, but the goal is to wear down both the government and its supporters, making them weary of fighting yet another war, and stretching the administrative resources to the maximum extent possible. They have the resources to keep this war going on indefinitely. The goal is to get back the minority/secular veto on Indian politics.

So, this is the situation we are in. So what should we [the citizens] be doing?
My humble suggestions
a) Refuse to play this game of abusing the dharmic communities. This plays into the victimhood of the said groups [whether it be Sikhs, Jats or Bengalis, or whatever].
b) Target the individuals/groups. This is more useful. Collective guilt allows the really guilty to hide behind their communities. It also angers the genuine neutrals and the innocent, who are seeing their identity abused, when they are palpably innocent. Deny the hate-mongers this cover. Pick out individuals and organisations, and attack them.
c) Post messages covering dharmic unity [yes, it is dharmic unity. Until ~1850, the Sikhs, the Jains and the Buddhists were all considered Hindu only. You just have to see the old Kashmiri writers referring to all dharmic religions as `Hindu'. In fact, every religion that originated in the Indian sub-continent is `Hindu']. We are not trying to win the agitators, who are monetarily compensated for riots, or the hate filled ones, who are ideological. We are trying to woo the neutrals among the Sikhs, Jains, and Buddhists. And there are a colossal number of those.
d) The lines of engagement in this war are not community based. They are ideological. Dharmic Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists are on our side, while the secular journos, and the various Congis and AAPis, despite being Hindus, are not.
e) Post links between the agitating groups and the various Jihadi organisations. Nothing loses support for them in their communities as showing that they are actually on the Jihadi payroll. This is true even for the Sikhs, even those in a Khalistani hotbed like Canada. Most Sikhs here also remember the Jihadi atrocities on them.

As for what the government should be doing - many have here already posted stuff. I would add one big point here. Quite a bit of the cash that is coming into subsidising these agitations is coming from the PFI and its members. The government has refused to ban the PFI, despite the NIA recommending a ban on the PFI in 2017. For reasons best known to itself, the government has not touched the PFI. If they crush the PFI, there will be respite for Hindus everywhere in India.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Kati wrote:
^^^
That is an absolute must.
Sikhs constitute about 2.5% of the population, but in the armed forces they are about 12%. For the nation's sake the representation in the armed forces should reflect that of the general population roughly. For a long long time I have been suggesting inducting more people from the mozaike of various tribes of the NE part of the country. Among other things, they bring much diversity and have a far better physical stamina and endurance than the people of the plains.
Where did you get this figure of sikhs being 12% in military? I am asking you because this figure is wrong. They are in all likelihood not more than 5-6% maximum.

Plus how did you did you conclude that NE tribes have better stamina than people of plains?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Shanmukh wrote: ...

So, this is the situation we are in. So what should we [the citizens] be doing?
My humble suggestions
a) Refuse to play this game of abusing the dharmic communities. This plays into the victimhood of the said groups [whether it be Sikhs, Jats or Bengalis, or whatever].
d) The lines of engagement in this war are not community based. They are ideological. Dharmic Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists are on our side, while the secular journos, and the various Congis and AAPis, despite being Hindus, are not.
Me and several others have posted several times before to curb their instincts to blame the whole Sikh/Jat/etc communities, because that is what the BIF want. It is easy to amplify a tiny section of any community to show them as a large section of the community. There have been several instances of muslims and even a catholic posing as Sikhs with turban and all.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... i-7167452/

For those who were saying MAD - 1 others - 0 this is far from over. People are pouring in and the village panchayats are fining people if one person per household does not go.

After the drama by Tikait this will multiply many fold.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

It will be 2-0 soon.
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

hanumadu wrote: Me and several others have posted several times before to curb their instincts to blame the whole Sikh/Jat/etc communities, because that is what the BIF want.
absolutely agree sir.
I usually dont put my words, but seeing things around some things come out....

BIF forces have been using border areas and their people for their activities,, we all know.. here is also the same. they have been using the so-called Nationa media to sow their junk and what we are seeing today are some of the weeds which have grown up here and there. I have seen major articles in !nd Today where they have blown it over that there are no VIP body guards from sikh and muslim community etc.. ( I don't want to mention more of that kind of articles )

As posted by Hanumadu, recognize, Highlight and give respect to the Sikh community where they deserve..
Like for example:
1] In the republic day parade Sikh contingent is the only contingent that salutes twice. It is never mentioned and shown on TV. [ All that thing they show the anotomy of mantrys and babus which I am sick of seeing which we see either way for the rest of the year] They can show interview of parade commanders and contingent leaders. [ only one or two private channels show the participants and interview aapke phadi bahut wajan nahi he kya ? The DD shows interviews of their own cameraman as if it is their own family function. Since the inception of the live telecast of RD parade, There is no cohesion between TV commentators and ground commentators. It appears that it is purposely done. why cannot they have one voice and highlight the parade commanders and platoon and achievements without blurring the background?

2] Congis know the appeasing techniques so they made MMs as PeeM which made them proud even today. One of the reasons for their loyalty to congis in spite of 1984 etc. To really alter this trend Let us have Subedar Major and Honorary Captain Bana Singh, PVC as the next President. I am very sure there will not be single Sikh & Faugi ( serving & retired ) who will not acknowledge with gratitude and pride along with the rest of the country.

3] Came to know from somewhere, in Punjab the farmers toil the land till the edge of the border under the shadow of the gun. Highlight and compliment both Farmers & Faugis there. Shri Lal bahaddur Shastry coined Jai Jawan Jai Kisan. Which is almost forgotten today.

4] again came to know somewhere that Punjab amounts to maximum cases of Cancer occurrence in the country. maybe because of the following reason as per my imagination.
--4.1] Problem: Borewells are extensively drilled and that too day by day it is drilled deep to fetch water. don't know what harmful chemicals enter our body.Solution We have now so much data from our remote sensing satellites where we can easily build natural reservoirs and collect every drop of Rainwater, instead of letting it go to the drain. Let there be Natural reservoirs like Sardar Sarovar type in the name of every sikh guru. so that we stop drinking groundwater. This can be replicated in the rest of the country also.
--4.2] Problem Buffalo are given hormones to produce mor emilk. Even vegetables are injected with, god knows what, to make it look green and attain more weight Solution launch a massive program to arrest these where nobody can deny. the result will tell in days to come
--4,3] Problem Rice is at least washed once before cooking, whereas wheat is milled into atta without washing. Nowadays people are buying ready-made atta without hesitation and roti is made where some small amount of pesticides can get into our body Solution same as 4.2 above..

like this, it can go on. This negative trend can be stopped.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Kongis made mms pm because they carried out the massacre of the martial race. okay.

And current GoI has to make sikhs president, why?? What genocide did bjp commit against sikhs?

Where are the kashmiri pandit prime ministers and presidents? Why doesn't punjab appoint a hindu as a CM to apologize for the murders they committed, the way khangress appointed a sikh?

Why is it that the sikh community has to be appeased every step of the way like they're some toddlers?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rashtrapati Bhavan to review Further engagements with India Today Group over it's Reporters including Rajdeep Sardesi fueling False Netaji portrait Controversy

Firstly, congratulating the eminent @sardesairajdeep for this resounding slap, well deserved, acknowledging your sustained efforts since 2002. Behind this momentous success, is ofcourse your inspiration & support, @sagarikaghose. Please share the glory with @IndEditorsGuild too
via@ggiittiikkaa

hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

m_saini wrote:Kongis made mms pm because they carried out the massacre of the martial race. okay.

And current GoI has to make sikhs president, why?? What genocide did bjp commit against sikhs?

Where are the kashmiri pandit prime ministers and presidents? Why doesn't punjab appoint a hindu as a CM to apologize for the murders they committed, the way khangress appointed a sikh?

Why is it that the sikh community has to be appeased every step of the way like they're some toddlers?
What part of only a minority of the Sikh population is part of the agitation do you not understand? Or that it is not about Sikh religion but the money that the rich section of the society stands to lose? Or that the congress is behind it but putting a fake facade of Sikhs?

Now Jatts are part of the agitation. What do you want to do with them?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-swZeEi ... tyaSanatan

Here's a recorded phone call between a farmer and his friend. Ofcourse this is on a youtube channel, so who knows if it is authentic or not ? But not surprisingly the farmer says he left with 20 other tractors from his village to participate in the rally in Ghazipur "to support other farmers" but also because there is free food, free liquor in the evening and 2k to 3k rupees per day. The money does seem unreal, because if there are now 1 lakh people sitting on 3 borders outside Delhi that equates to over 20 crores per day in payment alone not counting the expenses on liquor, food, pizza makers, foot massagers etc. Like i said, the Khalistani backed farmers can sustain these luxuries far longer than the jat farmers joining them.