Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): July 07, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): July 07, 2

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Does Pakistan have a civilian strategy?

http://afpak.foreignpolicy.com/posts/20 ... n_strategy
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Two die in Kuchlak firing
QUETTA: Two people died in an exchange of fire between two groups during a political gathering in Kuchlak, some 20 kilometers off the provincial capital on Friday. Police said two groups of a local tribe opened fire at each other after exchange of hot words during a political gathering. As a result, two people whose identity could not be ascertained died on the spot.
---

TTP kills a Lashkar for not serving breakfast
KOHAT: Militants shot dead a member of the Qaumi Lashkar in Babukhel area in Frontier Region (FR) Kohat on Friday, tribal sources said. The sources said that militants of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, Darra Adamkhel chapter, asked one of the members of the Qaumi Lashkar to prepare breakfast for them in Babukhel area. The sources said the man, whose identity could not be ascertained, refused to do so. The infuriated militants killed him on the spot.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

HRCP report terms 2010 ‘very violent’ year for Karachi
The year 2010 is turning out to be an extremely violent one for the city, as around 889 people have been murdered and some 260 killed in target killing incidents during the last six months, says a report released by the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP). Last year, 884 murders and 156 targeted killings were reported.
The data states that 34 workers of the MQM-Haqiqi have been killed in the last six months, followed by the Muhattida Qaumi Movement with 22 workers. The Awami National Party had lost around 16 party workers while 11 members of the Pakistan People’s Party have been killed. The Sunni Tehreek has lost four of its members, while three each from the Sipah-e-Sahaba and the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) have been killed.
The East Zone of the city has witnessed more bloodshed than any other zone with 274 murders, followed by 204 in the South, 187 in West, 154 in Central and 70 in Malir district.

Around 113 people have been killed in incidents of personal enmity, 77 kidnapped and killed, 47 killed during robbery, 40 people in the Lyari gang war, 27 dead in bomb blasts, and 19 killed by stray bullets, five killed by police torture, four killed in jails, and others.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Does Pakistan have a civilian strategy?

http://afpak.foreignpolicy.com/posts/20 ... n_strategy
It is important for Indians not to miss this. This is the second article I am seeing in recent days from Pakistan that calls for tolerance towards Ahmedis and Christians but makes no mention of Hindus and Sikhs who outnumber both Ahmedis and Christians in Pakistan.

Mark my words this is the new Pakistan thrust - "Selective tolerance and secularism"
Civil society organizations need to mobilize and collectively demand changes to institutionalized discrimination against religious and sectarian minorities such as Christians, Ahmadis,

Author:Mehlaqa Samdani is an adjunct fellow with the Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

shiv wrote:but makes no mention of Hindus and Sikhs who outnumber both Ahmedis and Christians in Pakistan.
you mean collectively? I hope god takes care of these people living amongst barbaric animals..

Raman garu says PRC engineers escape rocket attack in Gwadar....even as Zardari is partaking his usual dose of orifices..

Here is one area where talibunnies and GOI have some common objective...and a possible meeting ground..
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Has this been posted? something wierd about this but I am sure it will make paki people very happy.

Shahbaaz Sharif cutting cake on US independence day (2 days before):

http://criticalppp.com/archives/18463
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ajit_tr wrote:
Prem wrote:Pakistan suicide blast kills at least 65; dozens injured
RIP
But, opinion is divided within Pakistan itself. Do those who die fighting the 'high church' go to heaven or hell ? There has been a fatwa to the effect in circa 2003 that Pakistani soldiers who died fighting the Taliban and the extremists in the NWFP region could not be considered as shaheeds and there could not be any fateha for them. On the other hand, the MNA in the National Assembly initiated a move to offer a fateha for Abu Musa’b Zarqawi in the Assembly itself, but were forced (perhaps by US pressure) not to do so. However, the irrepressible Punjab and the NWFP assemblies did indeed offer a fateha for that angel of peace. What then happens to thousands of Muslims killed by the 'high church' Taliban and Zarqawi ?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

SS garu, can you please correct the image in my post (the one above yours)? Paklurks need to see it effortlessly.
Last edited by SSridhar on 10 Jul 2010 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I understand your anxiety; but, I suggest that you post the picture in 'Bositive Neuj' thread.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Someone was complaining about the absence of Baitullah. Talibs seem to be doing great without him.
Pakistan bombing death toll jumps to 102
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pgbhat wrote:Someone was complaining about the absence of Baitullah. Talibs seem to be doing great without him.

Looking at the devastation in those photos makes me wonder if it was just a motorcycle bomb. Must have been a very large one. To me it looks like at least 200 kgs of HE is required to flatten the whole area in the way the photos show.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

From what I see, the Pashtun tribal leaders are the only ones who will oppose the Durand Line, when Pak tries to ram it down everybody's throats. Therefore the more of them ISI can kill in the run-up to the US withdrawal, the better ISI/Taliban will be positioned to impose the Islamist anti-ethnic agenda. I feel that the ISI hardliners are doing the bombings, in order to play politique du pire.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

shiv wrote:
pgbhat wrote:Someone was complaining about the absence of Baitullah. Talibs seem to be doing great without him.

Looking at the devastation in those photos makes me wonder if it was just a motorcycle bomb. Must have been a very large one. To me it looks like at least 200 kgs of HE is required to flatten the whole area in the way the photos show.
century on friday
Sir there were two explosions.
A witness said a mini-truck laden with explosives was detonated in the main bazaar.
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

China signs $525-million deal to help Pakistan highway projects in PoK

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 507853.ece

The Chinese government on Friday signed a $525-million deal to help Pakistan build two highways in the disputed Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) region.

China has agreed to build a 165-km-long highway between Jaglot and Skardu, and a 135-km highway between Thakot and Sazin in the disputed Gilgit-Baltistan region near Pakistan's border with China, according to a Memorandum of Understanding signed here during the ongoing visit of President Asif Ali Zardari.

The official Associated Press of Pakistan reported that the projects would cost Pakistan Rs.45 billion, or $525 million. China has agreed to bear 85 per cent of the cost.

During Mr. Zardari's visit, the two countries have also agreed to accelerate plans to build a rail line from China's far western Xinjiang autonomous region to Havelian, also through the Gilgit-Baltistan region.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Sharing water equitably
I hope this will eventually reach the level of civil war
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Look at the picture in Yawn front page, it has got to be a huge one...look like earthquake site..these bunnies are not doing it in half measures...or it is ISI work...not that it makes much difference..

they are saying it is a jirga to discuss anti-bunni plan and they also say lots of women/children killed -is this to arouse false sympathy? You dont invite kids to discuss bunnies, unless they are really scrapping bottom of barrel..
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

jirga was held near a marketplace! Major IED happened there. Strange, too many eggs at one place. jirga, prison, market...
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

You dont need rabid mullahs or semi-mad street abdul's to discuss or propagate wild conspiracy theory in Pakbarian animalistan...CHIEF JUSTICE OF HIGH COURT is also enough...

Blackwater could be the culprit!
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Let's negotiate

why I am not able to fix the url tag? :(
Last edited by abhijitm on 10 Jul 2010 13:16, edited 2 times in total.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Don't want Pakistan Navy running ports
Merchant navy representatives have once again voiced their reservations on the tradition of appointing retired navy officers on important posts at commercial ports. They said nowhere are ports run by navy officials; it is a myth that the navy can handle the port business better.

“Merchant navy professionals should head the ports because it is their job and they are in a better position to run ports’ affairs,” a port official said requesting anonymity. "The navy does not have professional expertise of running commercial ports."

“The navy officers have knowledge of the sea, but not of port business, cargo handling and cargo vessels,” Mehmood Molvi, a shipping expert said. “We need merchant navy experts as it is their job to run commercial ports,” he said.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Suppiah wrote:You dont need rabid mullahs or semi-mad street abdul's to discuss or propagate wild conspiracy theory in Pakbarian animalistan...CHIEF JUSTICE OF HIGH COURT is also enough...

That Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court, Khwaja Sharif, is on the rampage. During the trial of Professor saheb, he asked why Pakistan should worry about the UNSC Resolution on JuD & the Professor when India has not implemented the 1948 UNSC Resolution. He has been releasing all jihadis/jihadists for lack of evidence. Then, he said that the Hindus of Pakistan were funding terrorists. He recently said that PPP should withdraw from the coalition government in the Punjab. Now, he is talking about the US being involved in Data Durbar. No wonder he is known as a 'pro-jihadi' judge that even the CJP did not want him in his SC bench.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

abhijitm wrote:Sharing water equitably
I hope this will eventually reach the level of civil war
Aapke munh mein ghee shakkar.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

SSridhar wrote:
Suppiah wrote:You dont need rabid mullahs or semi-mad street abdul's to discuss or propagate wild conspiracy theory in Pakbarian animalistan...CHIEF JUSTICE OF HIGH COURT is also enough...

That Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court, Khwaja Sharif, is on the rampage. During the trial of Professor saheb, he asked why Pakistan should worry about the UNSC Resolution on JuD & the Professor when India has not implemented the 1948 UNSC Resolution. He has been releasing all jihadis/jihadists for lack of evidence. Then, he said that the Hindus of Pakistan were funding terrorists. He recently said that PPP should withdraw from the coalition government in the Punjab. Now, he is talking about the US being involved in Data Durbar. No wonder he is known as a 'pro-jihadi' judge that even the CJP did not want him in his SC bench.
Also add ban on FB and youtube to the list.Think he was the one who presided that case.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Was trying to read economic news from pukiland. Found CNBC pakistan site and look what they have
cnbc pakistan

no business news! because market is closed today or there is nothing to report in pakistan? then the site is not updated for ages. ticker showing "manisha koirala to tie the knot" and "akthar returns, lanka bat in asia cup"

This site is a reflection of sad story called 'economy of pakistan'.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Disgusting to see people celebrating century over 100 innocent dead bodies :(
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ajit_tr wrote:
Disgusting to see people celebrating century over 100 innocent dead bodies :(
We will feel disgusted if it were Indians killing innocents in Pakistan, and I mean innocents, because that would be Adharmic.

That is a kind of disgust, Pakistanis are acutely immune to.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Nawaz Sharif talks about the behaviour of the faujis post coup of 12 Oct 1999.
NS is pissed off with Gen Mahmood Ahmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Q2vInD-7g

Najam Sethi & his wife have taken a very long interview of NS. The links are there in the links section of this video.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Remember the attack on the Orakzai jirga in c. 2008 ? That killed 108 jirga elders, IIRC. A small boy came calmly into the jirga and sat next to the elders in the first row and detonated the bomb. The plot by the AQAM is clear. Get rid of the leaders and lead the rudderless tribes.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Has this been posted? something wierd about this but I am sure it will make paki people very happy.

Shahbaaz Sharif cutting cake on US independence day (2 days before):

http://criticalppp.com/archives/18463

US consul general is wearing a saree or am I dreaming :eek: what happened to good old salwar kameez? spot the raa ajint guys
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

ajit_tr wrote:Disgusting to see people celebrating century over 100 innocent dead bodies :(
Under what circumstances should one show compassion to the enemy? pakistanis come to India for medical treatment. We allow them, even many of our own people are still deprived from basic treatments. Do BRF run a campaign against it? Even when we know that the same abdul back in pakistan going to contribute in terrorism against India (by paying taxes(?), donation, activities etc).

We are common indians. Not some elite WKK. One view here represents many thousands in India. So before calling us disgusting you should first try to learn why this psychology exists. There is always a root cause and root of our hate is other side of the border. We hate pakistaniyat towards india, we love when they move inch closer to doom.

What do you know about us? What do you think we feel when pakistanis die? Happy? No my friend, its relief. I personally have no feeling towards pakistan. Good or bad. I just dont care what T.F. they do, eat until my people dont suffer in their hand. bhad mein jaye pakistan muze kya lena dena hai?

I feel relieved when I see pakistanis fighting with each other, killing each other. At least during this they probably are not thinking of harming my people. More severe fighting, more deaths, more time is gained. RELIEF.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

@ ajit_tr Put your house in order and we have no reason to celebrate centuries. Its you who started the fire and you who are burning each others houses with the same flame. Why shoot the messenger you need to direct your anger at the faithfools who are following the holy book in letter and spirit but why blame them when it was you who put them in madarsa and funded them with saudi oil money. So when the harvest is around instead of celebrating baisakhi you are yelling at bystanders.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

ajit_tr wrote: Disgusting to see people celebrating century over 100 innocent dead bodies :(
Wrong. Nobody is celenrating; only a sense of disgust at TSP for adoptng terror as an instrument of state policy; and celebration if any is at the blowback on TSP itself. But as I have pointed out, as have others, those killing these innocents are cowards; no strategic value except for dead bodies. The real blowback will come with these attackers take on the real villians: TSPA and ISI officers in Rawilpindi and their RAPE political front. Also, it seems to me that TSPians are not as outraged as the killing of these tribals, as they are, of dead Pakijabis? Why is that? Pashtoon slaughter is OK? Were the dead part of those who don't respect the Durrand line?
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Disgusting to see people celebrating century over 100 innocent dead bodies
Pakistanis are not innocents - and should not be treated as such. Pakistani society at large is responsible for killing Indians and supporting those who do. It is always better that Pakistanis attack each other, than spread their attention to Indians, Afghans and others.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan to go ahead with Iran Gas Deal
“We analysed the new law passed by the U. S. Congress and our opinion is that it does not affect the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline as the sanctions are restricted to investment in petroleum refinement besides oil and gas sectors,” said an official.

Also, this is an agreement between two governments and Pakistan is exporting; not importing :shock: {What ??} or investing in Iran.

Consequently, both countries are proceeding as per the agreed schedule.
On his last visit to Islamabad mid-June, U. S. Special Representative to Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke had said there was a possibility of the pipeline running into rough weather because of the sanctions imposed on Iran owing to Tehran's refusal to suspend uranium enrichment that could produce fuel for a nuclear weapon.

While Pakistan maintained that he said this only to the media{What ?? Who is lying then, Holbrooke ?}
Jaspreet
BRFite

Post by Jaspreet »

Disgusting to see people celebrating century over 100 innocent dead bodies
I haven't seen the actual post where the celebration was done but from your response the need to learn from history becomes all the more important.

Celebration over 100 innocent dead bodies is definitely disgusting, I agree with you, but what are your thoughts about
(a) gouging out eyes of Indian soldier ? (happened during the Kargil war).
(b) announcing a bounty on Sikhs' heads and then walking around with their heads mounted on poles.
(c) systematic killing of 80 million (by some estimates) non-Muslims over the last 1000 years and then vowing to carry on for another 1000 years. And this not by ordinary people but by their western educated rulers!
And more and more... The list is very long.

Why is a pledge for killing Indians in perpetuity better than celebrations shown here?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

shiv wrote: http://afpak.foreignpolicy.com/posts/20 ... n_strategy

It is important for Indians not to miss this. This is the second article I am seeing in recent days from Pakistan that calls for tolerance towards Ahmedis and Christians but makes no mention of Hindus and Sikhs who outnumber both Ahmedis and Christians in Pakistan.

Mark my words this is the new Pakistan thrust - "Selective tolerance and secularism"
Civil society organizations need to mobilize and collectively demand changes to institutionalized discrimination against religious and sectarian minorities such as Christians, Ahmadis,

Author:Mehlaqa Samdani is an adjunct fellow with the Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
Good catch...

Even these so called non-terror proponents never utter a word against terrorists killing Indians. For them, it is all OK as long as they they come to Mumbai or Delhi and kill us.
Over the past few years, Pakistan's civil society has mobilized effectively around various political and humanitarian causes and compelled the political and military establishment to act when the establishment has failed to do so. These include the restoration of the chief justice, the resignation of Pakistan's former military dictator Pervez Musharraf, and the annulment of the national reconciliation ordinance, to mention a few.
This is again hypocrisy. The restoration of chief justice agitation was led by lawyers because the CJ was against catching the terrorists and handing them over to the US.

So in essence, the society and the lawyers were fighting to protect the terrorists, not eliminate terrorists. The CJ, the lawyers and the Pakistani society is in sync with terrorists. They don't like the fact that the terrorists are blowing up Pukes. If they go back to killing Indians and bomb India, they will be fine with it.

That is why they hate the US. They blame US for all the terrorism. If only the US lets us kill Afghans and Indians, these terrorists will be fine. Since the US is making us fight them, they are rebelling against us. That is the general Puke logic.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Guys,

One small request, please stop justifying your selves to the Guest poster. We don't have to justify ourselves to any one. Regardless of who they may be.

Espeacialy if they are from LOP.

JMT
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

paki h&d

Problems of Pakistani seafarers
I am a Pakistani seafarer working on board foreign-flagged vessels and hence contribute by way of earning valuable foreign exchange for the country.

I wish to highlight a few issues which are constantly faced by me and my fellow Pakistani seafarers all over the world.

If a ship with a Pakistani seafarer calls any port in the USA it is treated as having on board what is called individuals of “Restricted Nationality” and hence subjected to increased and time consuming inspection by the US Customs and Border Police (CBP) which includes a detailed interview of the concerned person, finger printing and treated in general with extreme contempt.

Even though the concerned individual has gone through the same humiliating procedures at the US Embassy in Islamabad resulting in the issue of a multiple entry US visa it does not absolve him of the above. Similarly, if a vessel with a Pakistani national calls Singapore it is not cleared unless the immigration authorities board and conduct almost the same procedures as in US ports.

Almost likewise is the case in most of the European ports and even some of the Middle Eastern ports which of course entails additional costs and delays to the ship owners resulting in loss of revenues and hence some of them are dispensing with the services of Pakistanis on board their vessels.
now that is the way to treat pakis
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Dilbu wrote:It is not counted as a friday in TSP until IED mubarak happens.
What is the connection between friday and terror attacks.Isn't it a mere coincidence???
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Exactly what are Pakis going to do about this killing?

They were quite happy when it was happening mainly in India and somehow assumed that "Muslims will not kill Muslims". What is really funny to me is how this rhetoric of Muslims not killing Muslims was accompanied by "The Killers are not Muslims"

So there you have it. On authority.

The people who killed 102 plus people in Mohmand are not Muslims. Muslims don't kill Muslims. Now isn't that something to celebrate? Thank God for small mercies and all that. Imagine if Muslims started killing Muslims in Pakistan? They would be spoiled for choice no?

Now that we have set this little question of who the culprits may be (since they are not Muslims), we can look at what needs to be done for the future. More piety is required. If everyone was a good Muslims such killing would not occur (in Pakistan). It might occur in India - but that's another issue.

Once again - in my recent forays on to some Pakistani sites I found a complete denial or lack of acknowledgement of the fact that Pakistan has 15 million firearms on the loose - in private hands. This Mohmand explosion (involving a truck as someone pointed out) must have contained 500 kg of explosive.

How many times have we laughed on here as NATO trucks have been looted and burned? How much explosive is stored away in Pakistan?

When you have arms and weapons in private hands and there is terrorism there is only one thing you can do - and that is cordon and search communities. The army has to go in, cordon off and search individual areas of towns and villages of hidden explosives. But what is the Paki army doing? It has 400,000 men standing at the Indian border and less than 120,000 men doing their job looking for the non Muslims who kill. Isn't that really really funny. In a cartoon or a comedy film Pakistan could be depicted as a man covering his mouth so a fly does not go in while the fly drills right up his backside. And the man is busy saying - that wasnt' a fly. Flies don;t go up backsides.

Look at this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_on_violence
Max Weber's theory

Max Weber said in Politics as a Vocation that a necessary condition for an entity to be a state is that it retains such a monopoly. His definition was that something is "a 'state' if and insofar as its administrative staff sucOne implication of the above is that states that fail to control the use of coercive violent force (e.g., those with unregulated militias) are essentially not functional states.cessfully upholds a claim on the monopoly of the legitimate use of violence in the enforcement of its order."[1]

According to Weber, the state is the source of legitimacy for any use of violence. The police and the military are its main instruments, but this does not mean that only public force can be used: private force (as in private security) can be used too, as long as it has legitimacy derived from the state.

Weber applied several caveats to this basic principle.

* Weber intended his statement as an observation, stating that it has not always been the case that the connection between the state and the use of violence has been so close. He uses the examples of feudalism, where private warfare was permitted under certain conditions, and of Church courts, which had sole jurisdiction over some types of offenses, especially heresy (from the religion in question) and sexual offenses (thus the nickname "bawdy courts").
* The actual application of violence is delegated or permitted by the state. Weber's theory is not taken to mean that only the government uses violence, but that the individuals and organizations that can legitimize violence or adjudicate on its legitimacy are precisely those authorized to do so by the state. So, for example, the law might permit individuals to use violence in defense of self or property, but in this case, as in the example of private security above, the ability to use force has been granted by the state, and only by the state.

One implication of the above is that states that fail to control the use of coercive violent force (e.g., those with unregulated militias) are essentially not functional states. Another is that all such "functional" states function by reproducing the forms of violence that sustain existing social power relationships, and suppressing the forms of violence that threaten to disrupt them.
The idiot Pakistani army - to my utter joy have given up their monopoly on coercive force.Can you imagine for one second that the Paki army will actually go around searching for arms and explosives through Pakjab? Especially when we all know that they are all Muslims and Muslims do not kill Muslims?

What a funny country. There definitely is something for Indians who have lost loved ones to laugh and celebrate. Cheers.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ajit_tr wrote:
Dilbu wrote:It is not counted as a friday in TSP until IED mubarak happens.
What is the connection between friday and terror attacks.Isn't it a mere coincidence???
But we don't count Fridays until Pakis kill Pakis, knowing that the non Muslims of Pakistan are at it again. If it is coincidence - it certainly is a happy coincidence.