Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by Pratyush »

sooraj wrote:Italian tourist tests positive for #coronavirus in Rajasthan, samples sent to Pune for confirmation.
At this point can how many people in India would have been infected by this one Italian.

And how many those Indians will infect?
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Not suggesting that we will be in caves for ever! But, the point I was making was what is the criteria for the restrictions to ease?
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Hyderabad techie with coronavirus traveled to Bengaluru, 80 people under watch
A Telangana man who was found to be positive for the coronavirus had recently traveled from Dubai to Bengaluru and then to Hyderabad.

Speaking to the media on Monday evening, Telangana Health Minister Etela Rajendra gave details of the infected individual’s recent travel history and stated that ‘contact tracing’ had been taken up to identify others the man may have come in contact with.
“He arrived in Bengaluru from Dubai on February 19, three days later he reached Hyderabad via bus on February 22. The man developed a fever shortly after this, following which he was taken to Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad for treatment. He was brought to Gandhi hospital in Hyderabad yesterday at around 5 pm in the evening where he was tested for the virus, which returned positive,” stated the health minister.

The man who works in the IT sector is suspected to have gotten the infection while working with people from Hong Kong while in Dubai.
The man is currently admitted in an isolation ward, on the seventh floor of Gandhi Hospital which has been emptied and set-up for this purpose. He lives in a joint family in Mahendra Hills. The health minister has asked media personnel to refrain from going to visit them at their residence so as not to trigger any accidental spread of the disease.

Around twenty doctors and staff at Apollo have been contacted and informed of the man’s coronavirus positive status. Furthermore, officials have also begun contact tracing to identify other individuals who he may have come in contact with in both Bengaluru and Hyderabad, to curb the possible spread of the disease. One of the patients from Kerala too had travelled from China to Kolkata and then Kerala. In that case too, everyone the patient had been in touch with were put under observation, and no further cases were reported.

A source from Apollo hospital told TNM that their staff had taken all precautions as mandated while dealing with the patient and had referred him to Gandhi hospital as they suspected he could have contracted coronavirus.
“There were around 27 others on the bus from Bengaluru who will be traced and notified. All those who were in touch with the man and worked with him have also been notified. We are working with officials from Karnataka and the Centre to keep tabs on the issue,” added the health minister. A total of around 80 people have been identified as having had contact with the man since his return, in Bengaluru and Hyderabad, and have been asked to remain under home quarantine for at least 15 days.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Maybe Eyetalians were infected by masses of tourists visiting Rome and Vatican and Venice and all the other dumps. Those Canals and Fountains must be veritable COVID-pools! Austria was smart to shut down the Oiro-Train from Italy, early.
I am surprised at the paucity of cases in France, esp. Paris. Maybe because Cruise Lines don't touch Paris?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

BUT.. UBCN is proud to gloat over our famed GUESS Prediction system. **NOW** the Worldometer also says: "6% fatality rate". We projected 5.8%, now down below 5.7.
Now we project that based on the integrated data in the Stratcepts paper, the scare will be over in another 2 weeks (circa March 15) but precautionary measures may remain in force at airports etc for another 1 to 2 months in some countries.
The Chinese part will end soon. Let's hope the Markets shoot up way past where they were 2 weeks ago.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

One passenger arriving at Mumbai airport, suspected to be infected by CV, shifted to isolation ward in Kasturba hospital.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Sharing an email:

This is very useful information that we should all consider, from Dr. James Robb, MD FCAP....I apologize if anything is not correct or poorly worded. I know that he is who he says he is....(This is good for any Flu season too .. specially for people who come into contact with many)
Date: February 26, 2020 at 2:35:50 PM EST
Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.

COVID-19 advice from Dr. James Robb, MD FCAP

Dear Colleagues, as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources.

The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.

Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves.:

1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.

2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.

3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.

4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.

5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.

6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.

7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!

What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:

1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.

2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.

3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.

4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.

I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email... (Author gives permission to share)
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Italy reports 342 new cases of coronavirus and 18 new deaths.

A total of 2,036 cases and 52 deaths.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Another good resource and well written article from Scientific American.

Getting ready for the possibility of major disruptions is not only smart; it’s also our civic duty!

I found this to be a useful read, and good for summarizing some of the measures that we can practically take to minimize the effect of Coronavirus on our families, communities and health systems. Limiting in-person social contact, excellent hand washing, and limiting touching faces can do a huge amount to slow the spread of a disease like this.

This has a lot of practical suggestions and I’d strongly recommend it.. (For US based people but it is true in India too)

- Please strongly consider working from home if this is an option for you.

- I would also STRONGLY recommend getting in contact with your elected representatives and health departments and encourage them to make recommendations for limiting in-person social contact. The slower this spreads, the lower the mortality will be.

Very Important: Protect your elderly relatives, friends, neighbors, and community, and those with pre-existing medical conditions.

Preparing for Coronavirus to Strike the U.S.

((BTW if there is difficulty in getting the SA article, please let me know and I will cut and paste it here.. this will be okay according to them)

Also: If you develop URI symptoms, it’s extremely important not to just go to your doctor’s office or urgent care—instead give them an opportunity to assess your symptoms via phone or video. You don’t want to either expose others or be exposed to others in a waiting room.

Another thing - and I know this seems like a strange thing to ask - but reach out to your insurance company and ask them to reimburse doctors for non face-to-face visits. (Many companies do and it makes easier for doctors go get reimbursed for non face-to-face visits.).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AmberG, A question on this testing for COVID-19.
How are the tests being made worldwide when CDC itself was having difficulty with the test they developed and had to cut out the second step out of three steps for the virus?
So whats going on?
Are the outsiders more efficient or CDC is rule bound?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sooraj wrote:Two new cases of #coronavirus detected from #Delhi and #Telangana.

Iran -->#Delhi
Wuhan-> Dubai-->#Telangana
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

The CDC there are currently 91 confirmed or presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in the United States, up from just over 60 cases a day ago.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

ramana wrote:AmberG, A question on this testing for COVID-19.
How are the tests being made worldwide when CDC itself was having difficulty with the test they developed and had to cut out the second step out of three steps for the virus?
So whats going on?
Are the outsiders more efficient or CDC is rule bound?
Problem here in US is red-tape, defective kits and situation is really disgraceful (not my word but quoting people who know). Some countries even have a "drive in" checking so to speak and can process 10x or 100x kits -- even the small countries as compared to US.
(There are cases of missed positives).. typical PCR test taking as long as few days etc..
Just the hard numbers from what I have in a few days old data.
: South Korea: conducted 66,652 tests (4.3% positivity rate).
United States: conducted 445 tests, about (3.1% positivity rate).

Actually India testing is much better! (Again, it is not technology so much, it is how it is being conducted)

(Officials are saying they are opening more labs and making the system more efficient - we will see how much it gets improved -- with Pence in charge, and some thinking it is all hoax, I don't know if US wakes up in time)
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Mollick.R wrote:
Amber G. wrote:
*** Meanwhile some recommendation which may be good to follow:

- Stock up - 2-3 months supply of necessary medicine and also non-perishable food. Better be safe.
(In China and parts of Europe, it is quite difficult to get these supplies)
- Costco and other places are out of masks, disinfectant and even thermometers..
- Gloves can help. (Use it while you fill up gas tank etc,,) .. Also surgical Masks if you are sick (even with flu)
- Get Flu shot (If you have not) - specially if you are older.
Sir if u can elaborate a little more and explicitly mention the list of most essential medicines which needs to stocked.

TIA.
I have made two posts above.

Basically it is common sense. If you take medicine for heart, blood pressure, diabetes etc.. make sure you have refilled the prescription for about 3 months. (In china this was a big problem, even outside Wuhan as going to Pharmacy became very difficult)
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Strange that Italy would get so many cases while Germany and France who have a lot of companies and citizens in the chini economy never mind the massive tourist inflows from the PRC (especially to Paris) would escape with so few cases. Maybe it is because they haven't tested and the symptoms are nearly the same as the flu?
devaraya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by devaraya »

ramana wrote:
sooraj wrote:Two new cases of #coronavirus detected from #Delhi and #Telangana.
Iran -->#Delhi
Wuhan-> Dubai-->#Telangana
Ramana Garu..
Telangana case : He works for SW company, while in Dubai he had several meetings with team's from HongKong.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

That's what I tried to convey.
Hong Kong is transmission on Wuhan.

What software is there in Dubai?

Just asking not being sarcastic.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

BTW, have more first person details of the Northern California case.
Person's spouse work for Ca Dept of Transportation.
The supervisor out of caution suggested work from home to the spouse after being told person returned from China.
Supervisor made arrangements for the work to be dropped off and collected.
HR gave him an earful. And he stood his ground on public safety and no adverse issues to the employee visavis medical leave etc..
Now he is a hero.
Most likely will become department policy in these trying times.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Ramana - Many companies in the bay area are following caution (some even before officials got into act)..
For example big companies like Twitter, Salesforce are actually prohibiting its employees from *any* travel in planes - even in USA.

Many large meetings have been canceled. (Facebook canceled worldwide corporate meeting). APS' meeting is canceled.

Employees are encouraged to work from home - specially those who have travelled. Family doctors are doing "tele-visits" instead of asking patients to come-in. Sons/DIL's/nephews etc are listening to us :).

Interesting times.. Meanwhile let me share a chart - Better be safe than sorry:
Learn from History!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Breaking ...
Speaking of First Person account - there is a tweet by Steve Wozniak himself - that he (+ his companion) may be patient zero for California outbreak.
Steve Wozniak
@stevewoz
Checking out Janet’s bad cough. Started Jan. 4. We had just returned from China and may have both been patient zero in U.S. (@ West Coast Sports Institute in Santa Clara, CA
Added later: I will update if this is a joke or serious news,, the twitter handle seem verified,

Added later: False alarm: Per Janet's email email sent to USA Today: she had a sinus infection. (Personally do not appreciate a tweet like that from a responsible person,,)
Last edited by Amber G. on 03 Mar 2020 06:50, edited 2 times in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ BTW I checked, and it does look like his verified account (and not a parody account) lot of questions at present. (Let me see what other news outlet say).
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

4 new coronavirus deaths reported in Washington state on Monday, bringing the total in the state to 6, authorities say.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

sooraj wrote:4 new coronavirus deaths reported in Washington state on Monday, bringing the total in the state to 6, authorities say.
>>>21 new cases and 5 new deaths(last 24 hours) in the United States:
9 cases and 5 deaths in Washington State. Deaths include: a man in his 70s, in Kirkland, King County, with underlying health conditions. Cases include: a man in his 40s hospitalized in critical condition in Kirkland.
1 in Illinois: a woman in her 70s, wife of the third case. She is in good condition and quarantined at home.
1 in New Hampshire: an adult from Grafton County who had recently visited Italy
1 former passenger of the Diamond Princess cruise ship
1 in Rhode Island, a teenager contact of the previous case. An additional contact is being tested. "All three people went on the same trip to Italy. This is precisely why we are being so aggressive in identifying contacts, ensuring monitoring, and testing people who are symptomatic."
3 in California (Santa Clara County), including a couple who has recently traveled to Egypt.
2 in Oregon:
- 1 is an adult resident from Umatilla County hospitalized in Walla Walla, WA.
- 1 is a contact of the first case in Oregon, recovering at home.
2 new cases (first) in Florida
1 case (first) in New York
<<<
So total in US at present ==> 99 cases and 6 deaths total (and probably increase during this post -- there are reports of additional cases in Santa Clara county .. :(
Last edited by Amber G. on 03 Mar 2020 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Kati wrote:
sudarshan wrote:
Is this a Bayesian problem? If so, just use the Bayes' equation, and you get the answer. I don't remember the equation off-hand, will have to look it up.
No Saar, not a Bayesian problem.
Meaning, the Bayesian assumption of "independent events" breaks down?

To all Dharmiks in foreign lands, great time to start greeting people with folded hands, instead of shaking hands. Let them learn the good points of our culture, and hope it becomes the in thing. Far better than their habit of pawing, groping, and slobbering over each other in greeting.

Shaking hands originated in Europe, where there was a need to constantly reassure each other that one wasn't concealing weapons. That plus lifting hats - which was intended to show that no Murder-Friendly Implements were concealed in the hat either.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sudarshanji, thx again. Turned out that the graphs at the DuniaStatistics site are "live", so a patient munna (I mean munna hu eej patient) can click on each point in succession and record the number, the way it was done at Mohenjodaro.

The Chicken Little stuff that I see now is mainly an attempt to "beat a dead horse" and keep up the hype. Yes, there will be a few more cases, but looks like the battle is won. Or, the virus is fat and happy and its mutated offspring are all Rahuls now. February is wet and cold, there will be a few flu deaths no doubt, and they will be attributed to various viruses. Hope this is all that is left of this attack.

Meanwhile, looks like smart ppl are doing their own investigations and extrapolations:
New York (CNN Business)US stocks rebounded sharply on Monday, with the Dow logging its biggest point gain in history.
But Monday's rebound was strong. After a sharply higher open and some flipping between gains and losses mid-morning, stocks moved solidly higher.

Long way to go still.. 10% loss is like a good year's worth. Pulling back requires 11% gain per madarssa math.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

An excellent remedy against viruses and boosting the immune system in general is to prepare a kaadha (marathi word for tonic). I remember as a child this used to be the silver bullet in the flu season throughout the country and no harm in doing it now for the families and children. Used to be very effective where modern medicine has failed

The preparation is boiling about 2 cups of water with 9 -10 tulsi leaves, ajwain seeds, whole black peppers, ginger slices and bit of tumeric and reducing the water on heat to about half until colour darkens. This is a bit heaty in general so can be consumed two spoonfulls at a time or diluted with water and the rest can be stored in the fridge.

Ajwain seed smoke on cow dung or coconut/wood charcoal is excellent against viruses and insects causing diseases.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

UlanBatori wrote:Sudarshanji, thx again. Turned out that the graphs at the DuniaStatistics site are "live", so a patient munna (I mean munna hu eej patient) can click on each point in succession and record the number, the way it was done at Mohenjodaro.

The Chicken Little stuff that I see now is mainly an attempt to "beat a dead horse" and keep up the hype. Yes, there will be a few more cases, but looks like the battle is won. Or, the virus is fat and happy and its mutated offspring are all Rahuls now. February is wet and cold, there will be a few flu deaths no doubt, and they will be attributed to various viruses. Hope this is all that is left of this attack.

Meanwhile, looks like smart ppl are doing their own investigations and extrapolations:
New York (CNN Business)US stocks rebounded sharply on Monday, with the Dow logging its biggest point gain in history.
Long way to go still..
Yes, those stats are live, updated daily at GMT 00:00 I believe. I'm not the first one to post that site on this thread though :).

If you want another good site:

https://www.kff.org/global-health-polic ... s-tracker/

But the point is - even if it's hype, we're all still going to suffer, or be greatly inconvenienced. When the authorities feel that they *have* to be seen to be doing something, and they institute travel bans and gathering bans, when groceries, water, and pharmaceuticals start running low, etc., it won't matter if it's hype or not. My stance from the beginning has been - this is nothing to be complacent about (i.e., "nothing to sneeze at" if you like awful puns), but nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be. But panicky authorities are another thing entirely :(.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... 020-03-02/
Coronavirus may infect up to 70% of world's population, expert warns
Boston — The coronavirus death toll now tops 3,000 worldwide, with nearly 90,000 cases. But even those numbers are nothing compared to what could happen in the months ahead.
CBS News spoke to one of the country's top experts on viruses, Marc Lipsitch from Harvard University, who cautions that 40-70% of the world's population will become infected — and from that number, 1% of people who get symptoms from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, could die. The virus can spread rapidly and people can transmit it before they know they are infected.
Gautam
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

From USA Today:
False alarm: Speculation that the coronavirus reached one of the biggest names in tech, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, and his wife, Janet, was shot down when she sent an email to USA TODAY indicating she had a sinus infection.
Woz had hinted in a tweet that he and Janet might have been infected with something much worse.

“Checking out Janet’s bad cough. Started Jan. 4. We had just returned from China and may have both been patient zero in U.S. (@ West Coast Sports Institute in Santa Clara, CA),” Woz tweeted in his verified Twitter account.
/sigh/ I updated the original post where I posted the tweet.. Kind of irresponsible on Wozniak's part to send that tweet.. But I am told that he does some weird things like that :!:
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

My company has put a freeze on all kinds of International travel.
Meanwhile stock markets across the globe are hurtling towards bottom wiping out any wealth made in last1-2 years by phata chappal Abdul, Thanks to Covid scare.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Question for experts: Why is Corona virus expected to engulf the whole world despite our experience with SARS, MAD COW, Swine and EBola etc. which did not pan out the way Corona is expected to ? Is SM hyping it up beyond normal ?
What is so different about this virus compared to others that it deserves to be treated at a panic level not seen in last 1-2 generations ? Aren't all virus same when it comes to spread and affecting old and very young.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vikas wrote:Question for experts: Why is Corona virus expected to engulf the whole world despite our experience with SARS, MAD COW, Swine and EBola etc. which did not pan out the way Corona is expected to ? Is SM hyping it up beyond normal ?
What is so different about this virus compared to others that it deserves to be treated at a panic level not seen in last 1-2 generations ? Aren't all virus same when it comes to spread and affecting old and very young.

The main concern is CoVid-19 is transmissible even before the host develops symptoms. In other words before a patient is identified as a carrier due to fever, cough etc., he has already transmitted the virus.

Having said that it's highly contagious but not lethal. What it means is you can get infected but chances of your dying are low.
Comm9n flu mortality is 0.1% CoVid-19 mortality is about 2%.
But this is led towards older people who have underlying conditions like diabetes, bad lungs, heart condition..

To the cynical mind:
It's perfect get rid of oldies virus to solve baby boomer problem of living long and pension payouts
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Thank you Ramana Ji.
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

Vikas wrote:Question for experts: Why is Corona virus expected to engulf the whole world despite our experience with SARS, MAD COW, Swine and EBola etc. which did not pan out the way Corona is expected to ? Is SM hyping it up beyond normal ?
COVID-19 has a more insiduous onset with less symptoms than say SARS for example. Hence the new Corona virus affected people are less likely to readily seek help. Infectivity appears greater compared to SARS and MERS and perhaps common Flu viruses, because besides droplet infection it might be transmitted in an airborne fashion and possibly by oro-fecal route. The ordinary Flu, by the way. also can be transmitted for a day or so before the onset of symptoms and for many days after the end of clinical illness. There's a lot of talk about transmission during prodrome (before the onset of symptoms), but, this mode is thought to be a less important one in the spread of COVID-19. While Influenza causes more serious illness in the very young and very old (plus immunosuppressed), the novel Corona virus relatively spares the young. Is MSM fearmongering? probably a bit. But, it is natural when a disease is new and scary and lethal and we haven't quite defined the epidemiology well. The Wuhan outbreak obviously unnerved the world and made them more scared. Mad Cow disease requires eating affected meat (brain and nervous tissue infected with Creutzfeldt-Jakob virus) and Ebola is spread via body fluids.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

ramana wrote:To the cynical mind:
It's perfect get rid of oldies virus to solve baby boomer problem of living long and pension payouts
Also, a perfect weapon to target countries with a demographic profile that skews older.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Belgian newspaper is giving tips to make disinfectant gel at home. Hydrogen-peroxide and glycerol mix.....
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Vikas wrote:My company has put a freeze on all kinds of International travel.
Meanwhile stock markets across the globe are hurtling towards bottom wiping out any wealth made in last1-2 years by phata chappal Abdul, Thanks to Covid scare.
Aaah.......the great equalizer. Moi always invest in real-estate (commercial). It is immune to such fluctuations. Arrrah be praised.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Government of India: Six cases with high viral load have been detected during sample testing in Agra. These are the ones who have come in contact with the COVID-19 patient from Delhi, reported yesterday. They have been kept in isolation. #CoronaVirus
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

2 Schools In ‘Noida’ Shut Due To Coronavirus Threat, Students Advised To Undergo Tests.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

A stowaway cat, which arrived in a container from China more than 20 days ago, has been held at the Chennai port and is now facing deportation to China.