Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Oct 4 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Oct 4 2012

Post by RajeshA »

anupmisra wrote:Pakistan lodges protest with Afghan envoy over cross border shelling

If it has any strategic sense, Afghanistan should deny that there was any "cross-border" shelling. Its a line (Durand Line) and not a border. So "cross-border" issue does not arise.
In fact line not even of actual control!
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

rkirankr wrote:. How can a country found on principles of Islam support a Malala day?
Not in the way you think. It is to celebrate the attack and warn all women.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

anupmisra wrote:
chetak wrote:Plenty of pakis floating around in many Indian cities on legal visas. But sponsors is a different kettle of fish. The Indian sponsors will be legally liable for the conduct of the pakis that they sponsor. Just wait and see the response. There will not be many takers on the Indian side when the "conditions" are made clear.
All it takes is one turn coat to sponsor one of his jehadi relatives from the other side. Perhaps a condition should be made that both the sponsor and the person sponsored must be together at all times starting from Wagah.
There should be limits on how many per person too if not Mahesh Bhatt will sponsor 50,000 of whom, without his knowledge of course, as Chindu will declare and certify in editorial, 49,999 will be terrorists.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

arun wrote:Government owned press agency of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s “deeper than oceans” and “higher than Himalaya’s” friend , the Peoples Republic of China, publicises the surging violence in the Islamic Republic’s commercial capital of Karachi over the last two days:

82 killed in Pakistan's Karachi over last two days
6 added to the total and counting.

[url=htttp://dawn.com/2012/11/12/six-killed-four-injured-in-karachi-violence/]Six killed, four injured in Karachi violence[/url]
The firing incident took place when funeral procession of four men belonging to Shia community, who were killed earlier today, was on the way to ‘Waadi-i-Hussain’ graveyard.
Let muslims of Indian sub-continent enjoy 'peace' in Islamic Republic of pakistan.

Surprised to see none of the muslims look happy in land created for the muslims of Indian sub-continent.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

A tale of two emirates
Pankaj Mishra, the prolific Indian writer, spoke to Raza Rumi about his new book The Ruins of Empire. Sadly, I had a Dawn deadline to meet, and missed the talk as the next day, I was going to the Abu Dhabi Art Fair, an umbrella for scores of private galleries from around the world. Many Arab artists were on display, and I was impressed by the range and quality of paintings on sale. The star of the Sharjah Book Fair for me was Arundhati Roy, the famous Indian novelist and essayist who has been crusading for the dispossessed and the voiceless for years. She has spent a lot of time with Kashmiris and the Naxalites, among others, in her passionate campaign for their rights. Reading from her book The God of Small Things, and speaking about the issues that move her, Ms Roy enthralled the large, standing-room only crowd.
These people know how to milk muslims (for first class air travel, expensive hotel stay & other perks)
Present in the audience was the Indian consul-general who made a bit of a fool of himself by his long-winded interventions and questions. I have no doubt he was doing so to figure prominently in the official report he would send to the Indian foreign office. To my surprise, Ms Roy refrained from the crushing replies she is capable of, and which he so richly deserved.
See, they have made this paki happy.
Her focus has long been the devastating impact of India’s rapid economic development :lol: on the most downtrodden sections of society. She underlined the huge disparities that continue to widen among the rich and the poor, and deplored the selfishness of the Indian elites. .
I fail to understand how India's rapid economic development will have a devastating impact?

oh i forgot to read the second part of the sentence 'on the most downtrodden sections of society'. By this he means North-West of India, what is now temporarily called 'bakistan'.

Despite having nearly $300 as foreign exchange reserves, India is not giving 'the most downtrodden sections of society' a paltry $10 Billion bail out.
Sadly, much the same critique can be made of Pakistan
by doing an equal-equal, this author has made a fool of himself. :lol:

Does he mean, bakistan too has rapid economic growth but it doesn't reach Balochistan, FATA, TATA, POTA, & other tribal areas. :rotfl:
AbhiJ
BRFite

Post by AbhiJ »

The First True Realization
Hinduism is like the best religion out of all the ones I've heard about! I'm thinking about becoming a hindu just for the sake of all the fun rituals they have (although I know the religion isn't actually true), but just being a 'cultural' hindu and doing the pujas for fun and putting on the thing they put on their forehead would be awesome!

- Their worship is like giving offerings to a murti (statue/idol)
- They have a lot of cool festivals like holi where you throw colors at everyone! And diwali, where you throw firecrackers in the streets
- The coloring of your forehead etc seems really cool
- And it just feels like connecting to my roots, to me, since I'm a pakistani and no doubt my ancestors where hindu at one time until india was invaded by arabs and islamicized!

Thoughts?
Source
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Surprised to see none of the muslims look happy in land created for the muslims of Indian sub-continent.
Because they do not have many Hindus to live-off of using their hard work and wimmens.

Our pujya Pradhan Mantriji is trying to correct that gap' so Pakis can live happily in their pure land.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

AbhiJ wrote:Hinduism is like the best religion out of all the ones I've heard about! I'm thinking about becoming a hindu just for the sake of all the fun rituals they have (although I know the religion isn't actually true), but just being a 'cultural' hindu and doing the pujas for fun and putting on the thing they put on their forehead would be awesome!

- Their worship is like giving offerings to a murti (statue/idol)
- They have a lot of cool festivals like holi where you throw colors at everyone! And diwali, where you throw firecrackers in the streets
- The coloring of your forehead etc seems really cool
- And it just feels like connecting to my roots, to me, since I'm a pakistani and no doubt my ancestors where hindu at one time until india was invaded by arabs and islamicized!

Thoughts?

Source
Islamicized - Visually, the word conveys the same violence and brutality as circumcized.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

100% benis material
http://dawn.com/2012/11/12/pm-ashraf-ca ... -tax-base/
PM Ashraf calls for widening of tax base
The meeting was informed that there were 805,000 registered tax payers of which 260,000 people paid taxes consecutively for three years. :shock:

The prime minister said the self-respect of the tax payers should be protected :rotfl:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Anujan wrote:100% benis material
The prime minister said the self-respect of the tax payers should be protected :rotfl:

He is right. Respect starts at home. How can the rich paki respect the mango paki unless he respects himself first? Give the 1% elite more tax breaks (and HS&D) and see the respect and love for the other 99% grow. That's the paki way of extorting more benefits, isnt it?
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Taxes on income are un-Islamic. Paying zakat is enough. If not Muslim, they can be bankrupted through jizya, that is perfectly legal. It is only for their protection.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Meanwhile, some more ROFL stuff:
26/11 plotter Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi fathers kid in jail
Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, a top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander - second only to Hafiz Saeed - who was arrested by Pakistan for masterminding the 26/11 attacks that killed 166 in Mumbai, has fathered a child while being held on terror charges at the high-security Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, highly placed sources have revealed
Time for more dossiers!! :lol:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

How ?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The sex scandal that caused petraeus to step down has ensnared Gen John Allen the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan. Bizarre.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat ... story.html
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

So, GoI is planning to relax the condition of 'sponsorship' for visas in view of movement on 26/11.

Pakistani ticket holders to get multi-city visa
Excerpts
The government will relax visa rules for Pakistani spectators who want to watch the cricket series in India. Visitors will be able to secure visas for all five cities if they can manage to buy tickets for each of the venue.

The home ministry, however, has also not yet ruled out the option of doing away with the need of an Indian sponsor for a Pakistani spectator to get the visa for the matches, a MHA functionary said on Monday.

"The Pakistan Cricket Board and Pakistani government has impressed upon the Indian ambassador in Pakistan that visa regime for the matches should be relaxed as a goodwill gesture." "It may not be practical to insist on an Indian sponsor for every Pakistani spectator," the official said.

The home ministry, which had so far taken a strong stance against Pakistan on the issue of the 26/11 attacks, has lately been softening on the issue, especially after the Indo-Pak cricket series was cleared by the government. Home secretary RK Singh said on Monday that Pakistan was moving forward on the 26/11 matter and was pushing for day-to-day hearings on the 26/11 trial. {So, the theory that an apparent movement on 26/11 was to get concessions from India and nothing more will get validated in due course of time. Developments point towards that time-tested eventuality.}
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Now Rehman Malik’s visit to India for Indo-Pak visa uncertain
New Delhi: The visit of Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik to India on 22-23 November for operationalisation of the landmark Indo-Pak visa agreement is unlikely to take place as Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde would be busy in Parliament being the Leader of Lok Sabha.

This is expected to be conveyed by New Delhi to Islamabad soon, official sources said.

Malik had indicated to Shinde, when they had met in Rome on the sidelines of the Interpol General Assembly last week, that he would travel to New Delhi to formally launch the new visa regime.
What happens to the concessions?
I think he could not copy the voice samples in time for the trip. What to do onlee
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Wasn't Shinde's office aware of his calendar before agreeing to Rehman Malik's visit ? There is something being hidden here.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:Wasn't Shinde's office aware of his calendar before agreeing to Rehman Malik's visit ? There is something being hidden here.

Ministries of Home and External affairs are pulling in different directions.

One is PMO driven and the other may not be. kurshit may not find shinde so easy to push around.

Interesting times ahead.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

:lol:

Turns out, lakhvi is breeding like a rabbit in Adiala, there won't be any voice samples - ever, and the mango junta is not even sure that the people who have been lodged in adiala are all the real ones who were involved.

And here the dilli billis were wanting to ask pakistan to prosecute the State Actors.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Anujan wrote:The sex scandal that caused petraeus to step down has ensnared Gen John Allen the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan. Bizarre.

According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI has uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 pages of “potentially inappropriate” e-mails between Allen and Jill Kelley, a 37-year-old Tampa woman whose close friendship with Petraeus ultimately led to his downfall. Allen, a Marine, succeeded Petraeus as the top allied commander in Afghanistan in July 2011.
really?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Gagan wrote::lol:

Turns out, lakhvi is breeding like a rabbit in Adiala, there won't be any voice samples - ever, and the mango junta is not even sure that the people who have been lodged in adiala are all the real ones who were involved.

And here the dilli billis were wanting to ask pakistan to prosecute the State Actors.

Shinde is just signalling the end of the SMK era and SMK's PMO driven foolishness. Sort of like a new broom scene.

The birkin babe will no more cut much ice and her free run of the Indian media may have ended.

rehman malik has also pulled back rather too obviously.

The pakis will now exploit the only available route-- PMO and kurshit
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pgbhat wrote:
Anujan wrote:The sex scandal that caused petraeus to step down has ensnared Gen John Allen the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan. Bizarre.

According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI has uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 pages of “potentially inappropriate” e-mails between Allen and Jill Kelley, a 37-year-old Tampa woman whose close friendship with Petraeus ultimately led to his downfall. Allen, a Marine, succeeded Petraeus as the top allied commander in Afghanistan in July 2011.
really?

No wonder that the war in afghanistan is going badly. :wink:

All the top generals are running around with giant african toothaches.

And all very conviniently evidenced by email?? :wink: Are generals really that foolish?? The head of the CIA couldn't cover his tracks?? in a simple case of dipping his wick??

Or are the american babus doing to the US forces what the the Indian babus are doing to the Indian forces?? for pretty much the same reasons

It may be just like an old fashioned military putsh in the reverse. A number of senior military guys are being sidelined. Opposition to ombaba or his policies??
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

It is a huge assumption as far as Shinde's approach is concerned. The previous incumbent was there as the PMO wanted to be in driver's seat and a pliant person was required. Pliant to the real power wielders, that is (PMO is full of the representatives of the PWs). Remember, Shinde was profusely thankful when he was chosen for this job (he did acknowledge his long and faithful association with the PWs). So, continuity can be expected. A new person would like to register his entry at the first available opportunity. Rest is all taken care of by the PMO.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Rehman Malik;s pulling back is a surprise. I did expect high degree of taquiya some other drama to extract more. Not a pullout.
Something to do with the internal situation? All three stakeholders of the pureland are engaged in a new dialog.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

There is no dialogue it is theatre. The only one that speaks is kayani rest should listen...Or wait for lamp post.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Suppiah wrote:There is no dialogue it is theatre. The only one that speaks is kayani rest should listen...Or wait for lamp post.
AoA
Lamb Bost is only for the greenest of the green to enforce on the rest.
The Jernails in pindi have to make do with Sunroof levers and then firehosing afterwards.

Rehman Malik is pulling back because some ISI walla must have pulled his chaddi about the voice sample issue.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

kenop wrote:Rehman Malik;s pulling back is a surprise. I did expect high degree of taquiya some other drama to extract more. Not a pullout.
Something to do with the internal situation? All three stakeholders of the pureland are engaged in a new dialog.
kenop, it is not a pull-out by Shri Rehman Malik. Shinde has asked him not to come.

Now, it could have been a genuine oversight by Shinde's secretariat to have invited him when the Parliament was in session and Shinde was busy. Or, India woke up late to realize that Shri Rehman Malik was not going to come with anything that could justify his visit. I recall P. Chidambaram claiming after his 2010 visit that Shri Rehman Malik has promised to give voice samples of 26/11 masterminds in Pakistan including that of Professor saheb. Nothing happened. GoP has cited the Lahore High Court's order to refuse to give the samples, without even appealing against that verdict in the Supreme Court. Of course, the SC would not reverse the order but the lack of appeal shows a lack of will and an attitude to stonewall.

Besides such speculation, I really can't figure out why Shri. Malik wants to come here to 'operationalize the new visa regime'. The agreements had been ready in 2011, then Rehman Malik saheb insisted that the documents could not be signed at the level of the Secretaries and needed to be done at a political level. SMK travelled to Islamabad and signed the agreement. What more is left to operationalize ?
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

It could be a genuine mistake. There was confusion about the Parliament session. Congress was trying to convince other parties about get a 2-part session where the visit would have fitted in. AFAIK, the current plan is for a one spell starting 22nd.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sum wrote:Meanwhile, some more ROFL stuff:
26/11 plotter Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi fathers kid in jail
Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, a top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander - second only to Hafiz Saeed - who was arrested by Pakistan for masterminding the 26/11 attacks that killed 166 in Mumbai, has fathered a child while being held on terror charges at the high-security Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, highly placed sources have revealed
Time for more dossiers!! :lol:
No wonder Pagalika wishes to visit him ASAP :rotfl:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:What more is left to operationalize ?
To test the "vija" system. And to make sure it is "fool-proof", an oxymoronic term that the pakis love to use and apply to themselves everytime their HS&D is threatened. For example - fool proof security. That's a paki invention.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

pgbhat wrote: really?
when you are in love, you write a lot.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Yeah that struck me 30k pages and thousands!!! of emails.... Dickdictation i suppose
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Not many "this page intentionally kept blank"?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

From Wapo: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... ory_1.html

So the lady who got the 30,000 documents was born in Lebanon and was "self appointed" liaison of US Army central command to mid east government officials. She is in no way connected to the military and simply throws "lavish parties" for them and becomes friends with military top brass. Very strange indeed.
Allen and Kelley, who threw parties and other social events involving senior leaders at the Central Command, did exchange “a few hundred e-mails over a couple of years,” beginning when Allen was the deputy commander at the Central Command..The social galas seemed to spare no expense, guests said, and often featured copious buffets, valet parking, string quartets, as well as premium cigars and champagne...Scott Kelley, a prominent surgeon who specializes in stomach cancers and works at the Watson Clinic in nearby Lakeland, told grateful guests of various parties that he and his wife felt a family duty to share their good fortune by showing support for the military.

Khawam said that quality stemmed from the Catholic family’s persecution in their native Lebanon, when Jill, David and Natalie were small children and their parents eventually fled to the United States.

A military officer who is a former member of Petraeus’s staff said Kelley was a “self-appointed” go-between for Central Command officers with Lebanese and other Middle East government officials. She was a fixture at social and charity events involving Central Command officials in Tampa.
So the CIA director, Commander of Armed forces in Afghanistan, Secretary of State and Defense secretary are all on their way out. Wonder what the implication is for Af-Pak policy.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Dont worry. We have Kerri.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Everybody's favorite analyst takes on Motorways:
The efficient functioning of this system rests on two pillars: normative and coercive. :rotfl:
Did he just go all Clausewitz on a highway?
On that fateful day, it being a sunny Sunday, I left Lahore with a book, comfortably ensconced in the back seat, looking forward to a nice, productive four-hour cruise. Instead, my journey became a nearly six-hour harrowing experience home to home. Reason: the Motorway had been assailed by thousands of medieval faithful returning from the Tableeghi Jamaat’s ijtama at Raiwind. They were in trucks, buses, big and small vans, mini-vans, cars, jalopies, jeeps and anything that could move on four wheels. They were sitting inside and on the roofs of the vehicles, with buckets, cooking stoves, utensils, the ubiquitous lotas, bedding, etc. often dangling outside — a hazard to themselves and others.
The vehicles, for the most part, could not have passed the fitness standards required for the Motorway and the manner in which vehicles were packed was against Motorway rules. This was bad enough. Worse, the drivers and the passengers showed no respect for the system’s rules and regulations. They parked on the sides, alighted and loitered around, sat cooking and prayed in collections of 20-25 at various points on the Motorway, throwing safety and security to the wind. They drove their vehicles with no regard for lane discipline, zigzagging and cutting into lanes. I sat in the back, the book forgotten, seething at the ugly spectacle unfolding before me.
Why is he acting all so elitist and not letting common people use a common facility? Only rich Pakistanis with fancy cars are allowed to use a highway? Common pious Pakistanis should notice this snobbishness and destroy highways and fancy cars.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Probably belongs in the benis thread too....Pa'astan wants good neighbourly ties with India
Lauding rich cultural and civilizational heritage of Bihar, the president said that greater interaction between the people and greater cooperation and exchanges with the Government of Bihar would prove mutually beneficial for the two sides.
While mentioning various components of the BISP, he said that Pakistan would be happy to share its experience in eradicating poverty and unemployment.
Yes. That ought to work. But one good deed deserves another. Bihar in return will advise pa'astan on methods to control the tellibunnies and eradicate illegal arms.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

^^^ Poverty is eradicated by population reduction, which is accomplished by means of a vest, which when properly used reduces the population by packing off a few abduls and ayeshas to Jannat, along with some goats. The act is considered honorable on a Friday.

Eating grass also reduces poverty since grass is plentiful (even though it creates competition with PYT goats)