Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Arjun »

mahadevbhu wrote:could not care less about left right center.
I figured that...which is why you react the way you react. There are others here who care deeply and understand what is at stake, which explains the way they react.

You're probably young...the core problem in India is that logical and rational voices do not have the upper hand either in politics or in opinion-making. As long as this situation of pathetic public IQ continues, India can simply consign to the dustbin any grandiose ideas of a 'tryst with destiny'... If you want to change things - the only way is to take an activist stance. "Couldn't care less..." is not going to help in this.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

ramana wrote:Can folks use the methodolgy of Nate Silver and use it for the 2014 Indian General Elections?
Its based on survey of surveys with weights.

Actually I have been trying to find surveys which are conducted periodically, in the first place. Will let you know once I find and short list them.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

anmol wrote: Someone else: What is D4 ?
Me: LKA, AJ, SS, AK/VN
Him: :lol: Mohan Bhagwatiji first coined that term...
Me: People randomly blame Adavni etc.. for using Hegde to remove Yeddyurappa.
Him: That is true, even with Gadkari.. AdvaniJi did that.
Me: Why would he do that ? Is this for money.
Him: No, for power. He wanted someone he could easily control.
This is the nub of the matter for all well wishers of the party and the larger Sangh eco-system. Loh Purushji started to cultivate his strategic pawns towards the fag end of ABV premiership in order to undertake a praetorian coup. Defeated by fate LP-ji did not rest one bit and converted BJP into a place where pliability was prized over winnability and it continues till date. Gadkari tried to bring changes and was partly successful in it but he somehow underestimated the might of entrenched Dilli establishment of the party to dislodge him. Modi's brilliance lies in his ability to strike fear into LP's political camp, suppress AJ's media friends, cultivate SS and blunt dismissal of VN/AK types. No other leader in BJP can do that and survive, a litany of leaders were side lined and stifled within the party between 2008 to 2012.

Giving you all a chota sa namoona (small example) of what befalls a party leader who dares show "arrogance" towards Dilli.

Bhagat Chuni Lal vs Manoranjan Kalia
Bhagat Chunni Lal is an important Dalit leader of the Doaba region and holds the key portfolio of Local Bodies. As leader of the BJP group, he is also expected to frequently intervene in the proceedings of the House and clarify the official stand of the Government or his party, as and when necessary. But in the two-week-long budget Vidhan Sabha session, he just refused to get up from his seat. And the only time he was called upon to answer a query put to him during the Question Hour, he had trouble reading from the prepared text.
As a matter of fact, Bhagat Chunni Lal owes his ascendancy to the ministerial gaddi to the decline of another Jalandhar BJP leader, Manoranjan Kalia. In the previous Badal ministry, he was Minister for Industries and Local Bodies besides being the leader of the BJP assembly party. But he earned the wrath many powerful BJP leaders because of his alleged arrogant behaviour, which led to his unceremonious ouster from the ministry and the leadership of the BJP group. He was replaced by Tikshan Sood. But in the poll held earlier this year, Sood lost the election. Since Manoranjan Kalia had already been declared as persona non grata, Bhagat Chunni Lal replaced Kalia as the Minister and the leader of the BJP group.
The poor chap Kalia often called Punjab ka Vajpayee (unmarried, bachelor, 24/7 public life variety) was first stigmatized by CBI in a case in which someone else was involved (he got clean chit within two weeks). Then Shri Shri Shanta Kumar of HP elections fame being the prabhari of Punjab BJP went on to use the same false drama of CBI to dislodge this poor bachelor from his position. The only guy who stood upto Akalis and was pivotal in getting SP Mukherjee's statue installed at J&K-Punjab border was humiliated despite winning his seat for the record time. Such are the state of affairs......
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So sometimes CBI raids are used to make the BJP locals pliable for D4 needs? And thus Dilli BIllis interests are served?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

anmol wrote:Spoke with RSS-insider yesterday... following is pretty much everything he told me.
Me: So what are BJP's chances in general elections ?
Him: Will lose seats in Karnataka and gain LOT in Rajasthan, gain little in Maharashtra, MP and CG we are already at a extremely good position so we can't expect more and may even loose few. To have any chance, BJP have to get 40-60 in UP or else BJP have no chance.
Similar to what I heard from my friend. His exact words
Coming to politics, looks like BJP chances of coming to power is very slim. It must get allies in TN and AP and do very good in UP, else it's end of it in Indian history.
BJP insiders are not buoyant. One reason why INC is care free
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

SwamyG wrote:Similar to what I heard from my friend. His exact words
Coming to politics, looks like BJP chances of coming to power is very slim. It must get allies in TN and AP and do very good in UP, else it's end of it in Indian history.
BJP insiders are not buoyant. One reason why INC is care free
+1.

Which is why my personal best case (realistic) scenario for 2014 is a third front type formation which will give the PM candidate NM time and exposure and familiarity and hopefully a pan-India appeal. The next polls in 2016 whereabouts can then be fought with better odds.

Also, the above is why NM in his Delhi speech exhorted BJP workers to be willing and able to align with any other party in order to weaken the INC. He says the country is ready to dump the INC, we should help in every way we can even in places where we have never been in power by not dividing the non-INC vote (paraphrasing, in so many words). If INC tally can be contained to well within 150, possibilities arise.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

So even at the chance of getting into power and more importantly serving Bharat the most critical time, some of BJP insiders are not working hard just because they have to accept NM's leadership and work in his team?

What kind of party with difference is this?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The point is why are BJP leaders not so happy about the elections, with the kind of corruption and scandals INC has been involved they should have 2014 in pocket. I think it is because people do not vote on development plank or issues alone. The foot soldiers realize their party is not really different. It starts from the top, the leaders have to have a vision for India and its people.

If BJP does not pitch Modi, then Modi should break away no point in staying with a characterless organization. Fight alone, and see what may happen. Hopefully it does not come down to that, and BJP has some sense. I have said it, it boils down to alliances and grassroots work. BJP has been caught napping again, I see no work in TN. It should have worked to gain 5-10 seats in TN, but after 2009 it did zilch. Stupid party.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

anmol ji, Thanks for sharing the information. It is inline with the current state of affairs and that is why I think Jayalalitha is having more chances of a non-UPAish government as compared to Modi himself.

Karnataka - I will not even worry to watch the election results. The pig shit might smell better than the future KA government as it seems to go that way. But they may come to 60 to 70 seats.

I just want to remind one thing. In India it is just one U turn that is all needed between prosperity and chaos. AP turned from TDP to INC and can see its chehra. Had Kesubhai succeeded in Guj, I will bet it will also look the same way as there is nothing called permanent prosperity. Karnataka is making such a choice unfortunately.

Modi standing from UP is a massively interesting thing. He is putting all his future in line and there is message in it. If you are a warrior choose your right war and not think about loss. He is probably making a choice.

On the Bihar's Nitish, if he is sure of going to UPA, then I don't think BJP will give a long rope and wait until it happens. My bet is that they snap ties well before that.

I am waiting for your post on RSS. That is my real interest. BJP is well known stuff. My take is RSS is also as rotten as BJP is.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna wrote: This is the nub of the matter for all well wishers of the party and the larger Sangh eco-system. Loh Purushji started to cultivate his strategic pawns towards the fag end of ABV premiership in order to undertake a praetorian coup. Defeated by fate LP-ji did not rest one bit and converted BJP into a place where pliability was prized over winnability and it continues till date. Gadkari tried to bring changes and was partly successful in it but he somehow underestimated the might of entrenched Dilli establishment of the party to dislodge him. Modi's brilliance lies in his ability to strike fear into LP's political camp, suppress AJ's media friends, cultivate SS and blunt dismissal of VN/AK types. No other leader in BJP can do that and survive, a litany of leaders were side lined and stifled within the party between 2008 to 2012.
AK is going to be his media cell per some news/grapevine. So AJ and AK are in his strategy team. SS is still on the fence. But Gadkari and Mohan Bhagawat has problems too. See no one like a no-nonsense types because even in the truthfulness there is an utter fear that this man will dump everyone and the system itself.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Hari Seldon wrote:If INC tally can be contained to well within 150, possibilities arise.
No way. Unless INC goes to 110 to 125 there is no chance of non-UPA government.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Jayaprada finally prefers Congress?

Glamorous actress of yesteryears and Rampur MP Jayaprada is said to have zeroed in on the Congress party to make a re-entry into Andhra Pradesh politics.

According to sources, Jayaprada has done intense lobbying with the Congress high command through her connections with Rajya Sabha member T Subbarami Reddy and even Chiranjeevi and finally got the nod to enter the Congress party. She is said to have got an assurance from the high command for Rajahmundry parliamentary seat, in place of Vundavalli Arun Kumar who is said to be reluctant to contest the elections in 2014.

In fact, Jayaprada first tried her luck with the TDP, but could not get an assurance for Rajahmundry seat because of keen contest from Murali Mohan. She has drawn blank in YSR Congress party, too, as there were too many contenders for Rajahmundry seat, including Bommana Raj Kumar and Boddu Bhaskara Rama Rao. So, the best choice for her appeared to be the Congress.

The Congress high command, too, has preferred Jayaprada as she could be of some help to the party in campaigning in Uttar Pradesh in the next parliamentary elections.

http://www.greatandhra.com/viewnews.php ... 15&scat=16
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

anmol wrote:Spoke with RSS-insider yesterday... following is pretty much everything he told me.

7) This time he have given me permission to post all this so I don't feel bad for doing this. :)
Anmol-ji --> if he knows that you are going to put his words in public space then you must be careful that he could have been deliberately passing off misinformation.

Just a thought.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

What we have been saying n this thread for some time.

Jagan Plans NCP Model in Andhra

All the more reason why the TDP ought to revitalize it self. But the question is will it be able to do so. More importantly, will it accept the wisdom of joining the NDA.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The comments of MSY put in perspective.

Lok Sabha Polls in Mind, Mulayam Praises the BJP

The objective is to confuse the so called Saffron vote.
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

Sanku wrote:

7) This time he have given me permission to post all this so I don't feel bad for doing this. :)
Anmol-ji --> if he knows that you are going to put his words in public space then you must be careful that he could have been deliberately passing off misinformation.

Just a thought.
same thought cross my mind too, agree with contrarian Sanku Jee here :wink:
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Yogesh wrote:
Sanku wrote: Anmol-ji --> if he knows that you are going to put his words in public space then you must be careful that he could have been deliberately passing off misinformation.

Just a thought.
same thought cross my mind too, agree with contrarian Sanku Jee here :wink:
Possible but we are all looking for chanikanism in everything done by BJP folks. I totally disagree in this thought process. Power brokering, sabotage to kill their own party by being at the top is a fact. The way folks explain it has variations. This is the cultural emerged under the leadership of Advani and later Rajnath Singh. Things did get corrected but massive sabotage even by colluding with congress happened in Karnataka.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

As far as I understand RSS (which clearly much less than many gurus here), there are lot of wheels within wheels.. :) It is part of the defensive mindset that has evolved in that organization as response to being on receiving end all the time. They have habit of treating every one as potential adversary, because that has been the experience (more or less). Furthermore, they have succeeded in keeping their message and vision extremely simple and workable which is great feat in itself.

However, this also makes RSS not a very good candidate to lead the "hindu offensive" when time comes. And RSS knows this. There will be time when RSS will have to stop being RSS and either metamorphose into something else OR gracefully fade away at right time when its successor is ready to call shots. Speeches of Bhagwat are increasingly indicator of this.I have soft spot for this org, for the services that it has rendered to the cause of preserving our civilization in testing times. Listen to the following speech. clear simple yet profound.

As far as LKA is concerned, like gollum, is yet to play his final scene on the stage before he makes the exit.. and his "cue" is not far away. I am keen to watch him "act" one last time.. :)
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

INC is not going to have good number seats to create a UPA 3 because INC has to get about 150 plus or at least 125. If congress is around 100 then INC can not create a UPA3 because there will be no numbers. Further INC with 100 means BJP will be neat 150 plus. Then BJP can do a NDA Plus with LKA or some other "secular face of BJP" may be PM. So NaMo may not have a chance of PM seat. But if BJP is 180 and near 200 then jai ho NaMo.

RSS is a clutural organisation which by its very nature can not be an offencive organisation. Its main air is to build Charactor in Individual. The nationalistic ideas dicipline services simple life etc are all being made part of the Swayam Sevaks life. From the set of people who are thus trained they are in a position to spare or send people to varios areas be it BJP, VHP or Vanavas Kalyan yojana or BMS. The people from Sangh has left their mark on the national life. We are only concerned with BJP and how it has failed. But we have to accept that INC is sucessor of British Raj which in turn a secessor to Islamic rule. INC has all the support of history of freedom fight, Brand value structure, blind vote banks, leftist media and other establishment etc. BJP has therefore its work cut out for them. If we really understand the enormus tast of BJP to create a party at national level to take on INC we would appriciate its resent sucesses.

I do not agree that there is a need to have offencive metality per se. The need to have national spirit from which the officive actions will flow in case of need.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Has Nitish Kumar been sold a pup with backward status?

A nice writeup showing the hollowness in the actions of the CM of Bihar.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Muppalla wrote:AK is going to be his media cell per some news/grapevine. So AJ and AK are in his strategy team. SS is still on the fence. But Gadkari and Mohan Bhagawat has problems too. See no one like a no-nonsense types because even in the truthfulness there is an utter fear that this man will dump everyone and the system itself.
AJ and AK are not tier I anymore, more like necessary evils for camp Ahmedabad.

Regarding the RSS and its cold reception to NaMo one must keep in mind that they are designed to prevent a hijack of the organization. They are not suited for tail end of the bell curve operations, by design they select mediocrity over extremes. Such is the nature of the beast.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

AK has no future with difficulties in Karnataka. AJ has no base anywhere and anyway has good relationship NaMo. SS may still facy here chance with old man being her side and an aly with her SS name. But she was never a vote catching leader.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Special courts for Muslim youth soon, says Minority affairs minister INDIA, Posted on Mar 24, 2013 at 03:00am IST
IANS

New Delhi: Special courts would be set up soon for Muslim youth accused of various offences, including terror-related charges, Minister for Minority Affairs K Rahman Khan said in New Delhi on Saturday.
He said that his ministry had written to the home ministry in February 2013 asking "cases against Muslim youth who have been arrested should be reviewed. We had also specified that special courts should be made for them".
Khan added, "The home minister has replied on Saturday saying that his ministry strongly supports the proposal for special courts for the expeditious trial of these Muslim youth. The home minister has promised that special courts will soon be made to hear cases against them."
VideoPhotoGallery
Khan said, under the Leadership Development of Minority Women, about 36,950 women have been trained in 12 states at an expense of Rs.10.45 crore.
He added that the home ministry "knows keeping innocents (Muslims) in custody is a serious offence. The government is committed to take strong action against officers found responsible in all such cases and will ensure that such incidents do happen."
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Who would have thought with so many INC scams BJP supporters are the ones with sleepless nights. Only Pakistan and INC bat so well even when driven to back foot. One needs to give them that much credit.

BJP - Bumbling Jokers Party.
Last edited by SwamyG on 28 Mar 2013 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SwamyG wrote:Who would have thought with so many INC scams BJP supporters are the ones with sleepless nights. Only Pakistan and INC bat so well even when driven to back foot all. One needs to give them that much credit.

That's what happens when the top leadership of the party is compromised
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

SwamyG wrote:Who would have thought with so many INC scams BJP supporters are the ones with sleepless nights. Only Pakistan and INC bat so well even when driven to back foot all. One needs to give them that much credit.

This is not right. BJP is BJP.

It is the educated Indians that are Dhimmis and anti-nationals who cannot give BJP the confidence it needs to fight and defeat INC; because they always split hairs, do not do their little bit to influence people around them and so on.

BJP is doing all it can, with all its faults. We cannot take every media farticle and interview as the truth.

Even the gentleman who gave that interview should be asked few simple questions. What was the reason for his loyalty to LKA camp? Is LKA more important than BJP? Does he believe in NM to deliver good governance to Indians and so on.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Well said RamaY
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Hilarious antics of Nitish Kumar regarding the backward special status.
Bihar already has majority of it's districts under this category.

Wonder what he wants to do with his idiotic thinking.
Become more backward than the backwards.

Ambition is ok -- necessary to further your political career but this is absolute stupidity.

Congis will be laughing all the way. NK may as well lose his base in the coming months.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Rama: It is one of the most ridiculous ideas I have read in BRF. So you expect people to give confidence to a national party? Wow? Is BJP a bumbling child that needs nourishment and encouragement from parents, uncles and aunts for its growth? Or is BJP an institution that should come up with its share of ideas, and people support or buy those ideas?

I do agree that people do not elect good leaders, which in itself is a separate topic - why do people elect the way they do: mostly on local agendas and caste basis.

Be it Apple or Microsoft, be it Tata or Reliance, be it Infosys or Wipro, be it INC or BJP; people are attracted to a company or party because of its character and what it can do for them. Essentially, the society is saying Show me what you got?. The character of an institution is built by the institution - and mostly its top leaders. A company's character is shaped by its leaders and its hires. The hiring is directly dependent on the vision/character.

Why would any investor invest in an incompetent organization, that cannot offer ideas or be really different? How is BJP different from INC, other than it does not have scams in gazillion dollars? All political parties in India have goondas, and play all tricks in the name of realpolitiks.

Would you give money to an individual or group that walks to you claiming this and that? Would you be not interested in their business plan? Their past accomplishments? BJP is not India, India is not BJP; so why should people lend confidence to BJP solely because INC is sooooooooo bad? Why did Krishna support Pandavas and not Kauravas?

BJP is not entitled to any support from any one, if it cannot show it is competent and is different from INC. And it is simply wrong to generalize the educated as dhimmis and as anti-nationals because they do not vote as per your liking.

I guess you are right RamaY. I should have not called BJP as 'Bumbling Jokers Party', I could have called it 'Bull Jhit Party'
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

SwamyG garu (You are stating the obvious; I write only ridiculous posts. Even I know that :D )

Like I said BJP is BJP - however you split it's hairs :) LKA, NM and the gentleman in K'taka all are part of that BJP.

That party will put forward its vision, leadership as it sees best. The voters will have to vote based on what they prefer.

As you know, I am the biggest proponent of "Yatha Raja, Tatha Praja". So it is mandatory for BJP to define what it is and put forward the right face. And people will follow.

Look at the alternatives.
1/ INC - It will be either Rahul Gandhi or another Moorkh Minority Stupid that RG appoints.
2/ Turd-Front - It will be either Mullah-Yadav, NiKu the Bikhari, Maya etc.,

Now let us assume BJP does the worst thing and proposes
1/ LKA or SS or JJ
2/ Even worse Ananth Kumar or that Goel guy.

Now tell us who would you vote for?
RG Vs NM
MSY/NK/MV Vs LKA/SS/JJ/AK

This is exactly what NM was saying in his party speech. The INC is so anti-national and corrupt that even an Anantha Kumar should be a better candidate, forget about NM.

-∞ Vs finite negative candidates OR Positive candidates.

Yet we see many educated Dhimmis clamoring for INC rule.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SwamyG ji,

I guess RamaY ji is trying to say that the people themselves need to be aware what is best for Bharat. INC and BJP are treated with two sets of standards. While INC can get away with murder, people reject BJP simply for having a public piss.

RamaY ji is probably saying people need to think not on the lines of "Show me what you got?" but rather "We know what you're not!". INC has already proven to be disastrous.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ See RajeshA garu was able to say what I 'wanted to' say in one sentence that 'I' failed to say using examples, equations and what not :(

RajeshA garu is an Aryan and I am a Dravidian :((
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

one more thing...

We are all frustrated with CON DIEnasty and CON agents who brought the country crashing down.

1. Nitish is playing the game of CON party because he has his ambitions and he doesn't want NM to become PM. He tried threatening BJP but they told him to screw himself. So now he started this on off games with CON party and PAID media fully assists him.

We all start barking at BJP and how bumbling jokers they are.

2. Mulyam praises Advani because he is afraid that Muslims will ditch him for CON party and he wants to con UP upper castes behind him. We all get upset and start yelling at BJP.

3. Right now CON woman has power and she is willing to go to any extent to hold onto power. Mulyam or NiKu will play games until elections are announced.

4. We run around and talk to anonymous RSS or BJP people and we take that as gospel and start calling BJP all names.

The facts are:

1. K'taka will be a disaster for BJP thanks to the games Advani and AK played. Their goal is not to allow any strong BJP performance so that once NDA becomes viable alternative, Advani is the only choice. Advani even brought up K'taka/Yeddi 2 weeks back just to destroy any ateempts to bring Yeddi back.

Yeddi could have waited for the elections but he was harassed by ITALAIN MAFIA continuously using CBI, Lokayukta. The fact is Yeddi was not a smart man like Modi. He let his guard down and sold himself cheaply and instead of fighting BJP, he should have made Governor, Lokayukta and CON party as major enemies. He would have been a hero but he chose to REACT rather than PRE-EMPT CON agents. The Advani&Co kept helping CON DIEnasty in its attempts.

K'taka is Gone case. DEAL WITH IT!

In Politics "PERCEPTION IS THE REALITY"

2. Once elections are announced and BJP pushes Modi as prime campaigner and the public gets enough confidence, there will be a deluge of support for him in UP/Bihar/Rajsathan/K'taka/MP/Maha and other areas. The urban base will move. The UP upper castes and OBCs will move. The reason why CON party won 25 seats in UP was Muslim support and UC support. The people were all mesmerized by honest PM who will bring nuclear power to the country and he was ready to lose No Confidence vote against COMMIES. If we give them enough support, he will deliver on it. He DID NOT and peoeple know they were DUPED. EVEN IF MUSLIMS move enmasse to CON party in UP, they will be < 10 seats this time if BJP plays its cards well.

Again "PERCEPTION is the REALITY". Things will fall in place.

Non one wants to openly ally with Modi/NDA for the fear of harassment using CBI, Courts and PAID MEDIA.

Once they announce, people will be openly hostile to CON ITALIAN MAFIA.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

RamaY: It is really simple. Let us assume there existed no individual called Narendra Modi, and Gujarat was ruled by one-of-the-also-ran individuals be it from INC or BJP. Would BJP be confident of winning 2014? It is a hypothetical case, yet it is an easy answer - which is no. Why? One answer to the 'why' is because BJP has either shown no interest or displayed negligible competency in creating/widening its base in states where it has zero presence. Apart from monetary and reality constraints, it shows it has either given up on those States or had no plans.

Now enter NaMo, clearly a man who is different - yet polarizing figure. Now he is the USP of BJP right now. I not suggesting any premature revealing of a master plan that will enable BJP to sweep 2014 elections. But based on the infighting and inside nuggests (which are all just data points - nothing to be ignored or given undue weight), it is clear BJP has to set its house in order, before it can aim to clean the country.

It had time from 2009 to widen its base, so it has to be less dependent on the regional party. TDP, AIADMK ityadi all want to be the regional dadas, and would not want to play second fiddle in the State. So are the national parties going to be national parties because they can win about 100-125 seats and then depend on coalition politics?

Ignoring media bias and the rising stalwart - NaMo, what has BJP done in the various states? So why am I wrong calling it the Big Jackass Party?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

RajeshA wrote:SwamyG ji,

I guess RamaY ji is trying to say that the people themselves need to be aware what is best for Bharat. INC and BJP are treated with two sets of standards. While INC can get away with murder, people reject BJP simply for having a public piss.

RamaY ji is probably saying people need to think not on the lines of "Show me what you got?" but rather "We know what you're not!". INC has already proven to be disastrous.
So why should people align in those lines? And how is BJP any different from INC? The top dogs in both parties want to be the big fish controlling and preying on the little fish.

All said and done, India has a billion people. There is still inequality in terms of growth, there is poverty, water scarcity, discrimination, corruption, and local problems that they face. People vote on their fears and aspirations. It is easy for us to sit, outside the country, and demand population vote the way we like them to do so. Even in countries like USA, people vote on emotional issues rather than voting on national interests. That is how we humans operate. One reason why Socrates, Plato ityadi were not so enamored by democracy.

The harsh realities faced by BJP:
1. People vote on emotional issues - including caste factors.
2. People vote on local issues.
3. Media/NGOs and other vested interests are against BJP.
4. INC has a good control on media/NGOs.

The pleasant reality facing BJP are:
1. INC screwed up big time - scams and scandals.
2. DMK, an INC partner screwed up big time.
3. UPA has shown no national progress.
4. There is infighting in INC too.
5. Coalition dharma means, there is really no dharma. People will sleep with enemies.

Now how is BJP going to handle these realities? You seem to say they walk to people and claim. "We are not INC, so vote for us please, please, please. You know we are not INC, so vote for please, please, please.".

BJP need a serious image building exercise, for crying out aloud why did it not do what NaMo did, huh? A simple guess is because it could not do it. But for NaMo, BJP got nothing.

If the elite think that people should vote this way or that way, then it is going to be a disaster like last time or what happened to CBN or other good administrators.
Last edited by SwamyG on 29 Mar 2013 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SwamyG ji,

This is of course a broad subject, but I guess if the voters were to concentrate on what you have listed as "pleasant reality facing BJP", then that too is a good enough reason to vote BJP.

1. INC screwed up big time - scams and scandals!
3. UPA has shown no national progress.
4. There is infighting in INC too.

Based on that alone, the voter should try and give the other national party a chance to rule. Give them an equal chance to screw up and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen.