India-US Relations : News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Re: India-US Relations : News and Discussion

Post by JE Menon »

Enough of abortion discussion on this thread. Please take it to some other thread, or forum. Future related posts will be deleted summarily.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Modi's Japan visit and the agreements firmed up will be useful for his US visit.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://goaim.org/briefs/the-night-is-coming/
The U.S. dollar’s value continues a downward slide against the Indian rupee, creating an alarming trend in funding for Gospel Outreach workers.
India—We have been cautioned to expect that our money would at some point become worthless. The value of the U.S. dollar against the Indian rupee is in a slide. The cost of a worker in India today is more than twice the cost of that same worker when we first began work in India.
If we are to be “as wise as serpents,” isn’t it about time to get rid of things we don’t need? We are living in a state of remarkable instability, but having been in that state too long, have we become accustomed to it? The mission fields are literally white, ready to harvest. Pray that the Lord will both continue to support the existing workers and with increased funding enable Gospel Outreach to expand further into the 10/40 Window.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

This is like Mother Teresa who was praying to Jesus/God to make more Indians with leprosy and polio so that she can take care of them. She was against contraceptives for this very reason.

No different from these soul harvesting ghouls.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

As usual posters reject facts for ideology.

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=INR
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

TSJ:

The graph you linked the higher the worse (of course you knew it. So :idea: you wanted to place an IED :) )

1 USD ~ 68.15 INR on Sep 1, 2013
1 USD ~ 60.60 INR on Sep 2. 2014

From the same site and look at the x-rates for the last one one year.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

matrimc, thanks for doing the needful.

Mean-e-while, another soul from the US gets his 72: Steven Sotloff:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/0 ... 53564.html

Barbarian: meet Barbarian.

That said:

I do feel sad at how painful it would feel to go like that. No one deserves to die like that.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Innocents die. US carpet bombed Cambodia and turned it into a mind field which is still maiming and killing people. Americans could care less. Their Union Carbide plant killed off tons of our people. Again Americans could care less.

Like you said, this is barbarian vs barbarian. This is their as TSJones likes to put it: IDEOLOGY :D

Hindoos, spics, niggers, A-rabs, Moslems, etc. - We all have a fairly retarded "ideology" compared to his white protestant brethren which is why he keeps using the word. Please sir, show us the path to true progress for your civilization is older, wiser, and 500 lb heavier than ours :lol:
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

matrimc wrote:TSJ:

The graph you linked the higher the worse (of course you knew it. So :idea: you wanted to place an IED :) )

that's fairly stable for a year. look at it since 2010.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=rupee+to+dollar

don't worry hold on to your ideology and ignore the facts. Like Austin says, the US economy and the dollar is going to crash. just wait it will happen. :D
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

TSJones wrote:

don't worry hold on to your ideology and ignore the facts. Like Austin says, the US economy and the dollar is going to crash. just wait it will happen. :D
In the "long" term, ...., well you know.

Right now, US/INR economics says environment is becoming more business friendly in India, so the rupee will gain some more.

In the medium term, the reserve currency status is not going to benefit the US population, even if the currency remains strong. From a numerical perspective, dollar remains viable and a crash is unlikely.

But who owns the currency?
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Shreeman wrote:In the "long" term, ...., well you know.

Right now, US/INR economics says environment is becoming more business friendly in India, so the rupee will gain some more.

In the medium term, the reserve currency status is not going to benefit the US population, even if the currency remains strong. From a numerical perspective, dollar remains viable and a crash is unlikely.

But who owns the currency?
Like Keynes said, in the long run we are all dead. :)

To Austin: Hang in there, it's bound to happen! :D
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

TSJones wrote:don't worry hold on to your ideology and ignore the facts. Like Austin says, the US economy and the dollar is going to crash. just wait it will happen. :D
Nobody wants the dollar to crash - least of all those who are Americans citizens - born or naturalized (unless the latter are somehow inferior : :-? ).

Boss, it is not good underestimate four countries in Asia with deep and hoary culture - India, China, Japan, and Russia in that order. Especially India which is a democracy, an extremely evolved philosophical thought (both in Mathematics and natural sciences). They are reinventing themselves that too very fast - they don't need 218 years, just 100 years to get where US is at right now (technologically speaking).

Japan is suffering from aging population but a tie up with India might be what the doctor ordered for their ailments. China has its own problems but can give us Americans lots of sleepless nights and Russia of course with their straddling two continents and making up with the Europeans.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Beg pardon, but judging by the number of its women working in the service industry abroad Russia may have more of a whorey culture.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

between 2004 and 2011, $1 USD oscillated around 45 rupees. since 2011, we see it shooting up to 70 almost. Since April this year, the trend has been towards strengthening the INR.

at the end of the day, this analysis is too simplistic. the British sterling pound and Euro are worth more unit dollars than the respective currency. doesn't mean the UK and Euro economies are stronger than US. in the same token, absolute currency equivalence is not an indicator of overall health and condition.

as long as GDP growth in India picks up to >7% while interest rates are maintained at the safe levels, in the next 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if the moving average returns to 50.

assuming no major tsunamis.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://scroll.in/article/677206/Kathman ... or-Chennai
Kathmandu sends more students to the US than Delhi, Bangalore or Chennai
Hyderabad is the Indian city with largest number of students in the US.
Most of these students come from cities that are classified as economically emerging. Only three cities in the top 20 – Hyderabad, Kathmandu and Chennai – are very low income cities with GDP per capita below Rs 3 lakh.

What can be noted is that Indians, especially students from Hyderabad, go to the US for a master’s degree. But about two-thirds of students from Kathmandu go abroad for a bachelor’s degree.

There is another surprising finding in the report relating to students doing STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) courses. In addition to Hyderabad, three other Andhra Pradesh cities feature in the top ten: Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam and Secunderabad. However, most of these students go to smaller institutions with little research activity. The report notes that several students from Andhra Pradesh tend to find themselves in unaccredited universities, some of which were shut down because they were abusing the Curricular Practical Training programme that allows students to work for a year after finishing their courses.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

between 2004 and 2011, $1 USD oscillated around 45 rupees
Circa 2003-04 it reached around 31.

I respectfully diss the notion that an exchange rate is meaningless. Well... so is a stock price, but you don't see blue chip companies selling their stock at $1.20 each. The perception that a currency will hold or increase its value over the rest of the world is probably the most important condition for economic advance of a nation. Everything else is Bubble Economics, violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Just the perception (of course supported by solid data) is enough, IMO, to sustain a huge shift in wealth. Very simple. If I think the Pakistani rupee is going to keep going up against the US dollar, well.. wouldn't it be wiser to convert dollars to Pakistani rupees and by low(er) today, expecting it to rise? A currency operates more or less like a traded stock: if I think it is going to go up, I will pay more for it today than the minimum price I see, in order to be sure of grabbing it. Therefore, the traded price goes up and my neighbor buys it even higher... and so forth.

The notion of keeping on devaluing currencies to "Increase Exports" is a stupid notion set up for the benefit of the Corrupt Classes in India who hold all their deposits in gold or real estate (which appreciates faster because people see the value of currency sliding) or in the Cayman Islands, send all their kids paying full fees to phoren universities, and maintain villas in exotic lands. This has then contaminated the economics textbooks. Conveniently supported by American and British entities, because THEIR currencies are safeguarded against decline at all costs. The argument is that Indian goods are inherently inferior in quality (often a self-fulfilling prophecy because resources for quality control are eroded by greed) and therefore cannot compete except on price. So you see intricate hand-made artifacts from India selling for pennies as bathroom tissue holders while cheap factory-made plastic cr*p from China and Japan and US companies sell for $50.

Time for Indians to become more mature, and support the value of the Indian Rupee. Global greed will do the rest. Sorry, OT for this thread, but I've seen this "Devaluation Is Great" argument ad nauseum while the rupee slid from 5 to the dollar in 1960s to 70 to the dollar in 2014, while the value of the dollar slid from about 1 unit of gold for the dollar to maybe just 0.05 unit of gold per dollar now.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And just as I was leaving that topic:
So much for price being the best Secret Weapon.

It was as I listened to the PM's speech that it hit me: Resident Indians who are realistic don't believe the pakistan about India Shining. While he may be in the pocket of the Ambanis etc, he sounded more Proletariatian than the best Marxist ranters at the Vidharthi Corner in Ulan Bator. Surrounded by VCs, all he wanted to talk about was WCs (Windsor Castles). For the first time, India has a PM who tells it like it is, and seems to be doing something about it. Well, IG tried to, but didn't have the support. That news about 700 simultaneous Bank Acct Camps, and over 15 million already being signed up within days of the PM's speech... NOW I hope ppl will start buying stocks in rupees and send it zooming.
Come to think of it, if the PM's plan becomes reality, he is going to have over 250 million pakistans built and maintained all over India :eek: :shock:
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

TSJones wrote:

:lol:

In NY, I paid $200 to pull out an infected tooth. Since I had insurance, I got away with paying just $75. And it was a piss poor joint that would just about qualify as a hospital. In a similar dental clinic in India with far cleaner and more sterilized equipment, I can get my tooth extracted for 500 rupees. This is relevant because the GDP of the US is currently 80% services.
If you think you have it good when a tooth extraction costs a person 3 days minimum wages, just remember that it costs about exactly the same in India - about 3 days minimum wages.

Of course, this math wont apply when you talk about high technology products. But look around you and tell me the US enjoys a monopoly in that area, compared to say just 2 decades back. Industry in the US contributes to 19% and agriculture to 1%.

The dollar is already fckd. The finance cost on US debt is higher than the total tax revenue. And in Capitalism central, the GOUS does not have an alternative revenue generation avenue. You can live in denial but you know that the greenback in your pocket that bought you 2 pounds of tomatoes per dollar 2 years back, now wont get you even half a pound.

Anyway, what the original article is trying to say is that the average brown prick that they recruited in India to go gather tribals to teach jesus to, is not happy with the $100 per month pay that you give and it will cost a helluva lot more.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

RoyGJi,

Behind my tough-talking aggressive front, I am a softie at heart. To this end, I am really horrified and saddened, as many in India do (see DDM coverage) of ISIS be-heading Amercian journalists. It is civilizational barbarity to the core.

On the same token, go back several months or even to Kargil. It makes my blood boil when US is either contemptuously apathetic or does a condescending equal equal with TSP barbarians when Indian soldiers are be-headed by TSP, or Saurabh Kalia was mutilated etc.

Sometimes I wonder if being a hard core super power like US requires one to behave like they do, namely, crimes against them is unadulterated evil (note the calls for a global war on ISIS), but in the next breath, US is so calculating that it looks to see how best its interests are served when responding to the same barbaric crime is committed against India by its TSP munna.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

CramSji,

The US is guided by protestant ethic and manifest destiny. Everything it has been doing for the last 100 years wrt Asia has been slowly killing them. They just disguise it well. They always turn to Christianity as a unifying force in desperate times and therefore we will always be enemies despite all the hype out being democracies. They will cut your head off if it suits them but they are good at marketing so they manage to convince many why it is in their interest for them to do so.

People die. This is the game and we have to play to survive. Just look at how they Guantanamo'd our diplomat when we chose not to. I'm not really a softie when it comes to kicking these b@stards in the teeth when they cross the line. Kali Ma Shakti De :lol:
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

CRamS wrote:but in the next breath, US is so calculating that it looks to see how best its interests are served when responding to the same barbaric crime is committed against India by its TSP munna.
IOW the tyrant is also a scoundrel.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

RoyG wrote:They will cut your head off if it suits them but they are good at marketing so they manage to convince many why it is in their interest for them to do so.
Bingo!

We bomb you for peace. We will kill you for your own freedom. We take all your decisions because democracy is good for you and you are not capable of making decisions. Oh and all that goes out of the window if you threaten our interest and by our interest we mean our lobbyists and rich peoples interest.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

It is worth noting in all this that the US has lost over 5000 people dead, probably 50,000 disabled, maybe 200,000 PTSD, all from A'Stan and Eyerak alone. The nation is willing (and re-elects leaders who lead them into such things) to put their sons & daughters' life and limb on the line to protect/achieve national objectives.

What has India risked in the past 20 years to ensure safety against the Pakis (or china for that matter?) Soft-Power with Bollywood is sure one way to finish off the enemy, but if the US is a SuperPower today it is because of decisions and commitment like the above.

Those Aircraft Carriers are not respected because they are big, they are feared because they mean bjinej, they tend to actually send off certain death and massive destruction to those who *iss off the US. In the process, the US also takes huge risks: An aircraft carrier group is 10,000 lives on the line.

If "Kargil" had happened to the US, TSP would be a parking lot with Halliburton and Waste Management busy there "reconstructing". Mush would be in a cell on life sentence, or hanged.

Without this certainty conveyed, no country can be a superpower. The world is just full of greedy and stupid ppl who will always try to grab other ppl's possessions, the only way to really ensure safety is to ensure their destruction and let them know that with 100% certainty. Even the peaceful and gentle Vladimir Putin is finding this out. :((

I think Abdul bin Baghdadi is in for the high jump in short order.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

UB one of the things I can't fathom out about the Obama admin and their relationship with Modi is this. Why didn't they say before the election, that Modi as PM would be unacceptable and personna non grata to the US, and India would suffer for this. It is not as if they haven't interfered in past elections in India and elsewhere. John Kerry and Obama wouldn't have to be sucking up to India and rolling out the red carpet for a leader who was black-balled and charged with genocide by the Bush administration, and the ban continued by Obama. Unless of course they expect the Modi administration to follow their diktats on sanctions against Russia and Iran and then they can say, that, we gave Modi lunch but now he doesn't want to play ball with us. Am i missing something?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

rgosain wrote:UB one of the things I can't fathom out about the Obama admin and their relationship with Modi is this. Why didn't they say before the election, that Modi as PM would be unacceptable and personna non grata to the US, and India would suffer for this. It is not as if they haven't interfered in past elections in India and elsewhere. John Kerry and Obama wouldn't have to be sucking up to India and rolling out the red carpet for a leader who was black-balled and charged with genocide by the Bush administration, and the ban continued by Obama. Unless of course they expect the Modi administration to follow their diktats on sanctions against Russia and Iran and then they can say, that, we gave Modi lunch but now he doesn't want to play ball with us. Am i missing something?
Looking at the Modi "brain trust" is instructive re. future relationships. The upcoming meetings and composition of the dlegation will be telling as well.

Note also that even for Pakistan, thw US has not openly said X over Y. You have to be North Korea before those words are used. The media played the "hindu nationalist" card the best they could.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Let me ask you the reverse question.

If Americans had openly denounced Modi at the Official level and Modi had been elected with the same kind of mandate as he has today what then for the India-US relations? What would then America's position be today? Lets assume hard line on Modi is followed up after his victory what then for India-US relation if Modi manages to get full 10 years at the helm (2 terms)?

Would a complete break in ties for 10 years with a Modi led India serve American interests?
------------>

The US interference in our elections have continued.

1. Most of the AAP funding came from the US and there has been some speculation that AAP was to have brought about an India Spring.
2. Continued discussion on Modi's visa status by the US SD when Modi has never reapplied for it.
3. US <some DC council on human right or religious freedom> repeated hearing on the hill on India/Gujarat/Hindu/religious freedom. The chair of one such hearing advised Indians to reject Modi.
4. All the last minute appeals by Economist, WP, NYT etc to Indians not to elect Modi.

The list is long ..
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

NASA Of MASSA , celebrating 75th Anniversary on Oct 18th will open Door for free Tamasha/ visit. Good opportunity for inquisite Minds interested in space to pay visit.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I honestly don't think GOTUS cares whole lot who rules India. Even the Marxist netas send their brats to Amreeki schools and I think they have grandkids in the US. Probably all Marxist, Congi, and most Yindootva netas have phoren bank accts in US. So how does it really matter to US who is governing India? Any govt will deal with US, even Modi govt has declared that there will be continuity in phoren polijy. All these things like WTO vote, nuke reactor purchases, etc etc are in the noise level as far as GOTUS is concerned. It's only desi media nerds who quote themselves asking stupid questions and then make a huge deal out of the words emanating from some ill-informed WHOTUS Spokesbimbo.

Reading The Hindu and Indian Express I always got the impression that POTUS woke up every morning and read both of these papers' editorials to figure out how to run the US. :roll:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

The Three-Headed Monster Challenging Obama’s Foreign Policy
BO Running Low, Having Stepped on Toes of many Foreign Foes & Republicans at Home
WASHINGTON — In vowing in Estonia on Wednesday to defend vulnerable NATO nations from Russia “for as long as necessary,” President Obama has now committed the United States to three major projections of its power: a “pivot” to Asia, a more muscular presence in Europe and a new battle against Islamic extremists that seems very likely to accelerate.American officials acknowledge that these three commitments are bound to upend Mr. Obama’s plans for shrinking the Pentagon’s budget before he leaves office in 2017. They also challenge a crucial doctrine of his first term: that a reliance on high technology and minimal use of a “light footprint” of military forces can deter ambitious powers and counter terrorists. And the commitments may well reverse one of the critical tenets of his two presidential campaigns, that the money once spent in Iraq and Afghanistan would be turned to “nation-building at home.”But the accumulation of new defensive initiatives leaves open the question of how forcefully Mr. Obama is committed to reversing the suspicion, from Europe to the Middle East to Asia, that the United States is in an era of retrenchment. .“There is a growing mismatch between the rhetoric and the policy,” said Richard N. Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations and a senior national security official as the war with Iraq loomed a dozen years ago. “If you add up the resources needed to implement the Asian pivot, recommit to the Middle East and increase our presence in Europe, you can’t do it without additional money and capacity. The world has proved to be a far more demanding place than it looked to this White House a few years ago.”

. But the prospect of drastically shrinking the military after the post-9/11 era, in which total national security spending more than doubled, now seems highly unlikely. And at a moment when Mr. Obama is still answering critics for saying last week that, “We don’t have a strategy yet,” to combat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, he now needs to articulate several strategies, each tailored to problems that in the last year have taken on surprising complexities.In facing the more than 10,000 ISIS fighters, he must find a way to confront a different kind of terrorist group, one determined to use the most brutal techniques to take territory that the backwash from the Arab Spring has now put up for grabs.
In the Russia of President Vladimir V. Putin, Mr. Obama faces a declining power, afflicted by a shrinking population, a strident nationalism and an economy vulnerable because of its extraordinary dependency on oil exports. Washington is betting that while sanctions are having little effect now, over time they will hollow out Mr. Putin’s poll ratings. But the short term is more complex. For months now, arguments inside the administration have been over how directly and where to draw the line. In Tallinn, Estonia’s capital, on Wednesday Mr. Obama drew it at NATO’s own boundaries. The question is whether Mr. Putin believes him.In China, the president faces the opposite challenge: a rising power with growing resources and a sense that this is China’s moment to reassert influence in Asia in a way it has not in hundreds of years. Here, the surprise to Mr. Obama has been the aggressiveness shown by Xi Jinping, China’s president, in embracing efforts to press territorial claims against Japan, South Korea, Vietnam and the Philippines, rather than focusing on the domestic economy.“We didn’t see this coming,” one former member of Mr. Obama’s national security team said this summer, “and there’s a lot of debate about how to counter it.”
So far, the administration has twice delayed the publication of its second term report, “National Security Strategy of the United States” — events have overwhelmed it. There are still plans afoot to shift the American presence to the Pacific over the next six years, aiming toward the moment when 60 percent of America’s forces abroad are in the region. But many Asian leaders question whether Mr. Obama and his successor will carry through. Many Europeans and Middle Eastern leaders see those efforts and shudder.Mr. Obama floated several American-led efforts to deter Russia in his speech in Tallinn, from NATO’s impending “rapid response” forces, to increased training missions, to “investing in capabilities like intelligence and surveillance and reconnaissance and missile defense.” The last was an interesting allusion, because in the past he was always careful to say that missile defense was aimed at deterring outlier states — clearly meaning Iran — rather than nuclear powers like Russia. This time, he made no such disclaimer.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The trouble is that these guys seem to have no clue other than "figure out to COUNTER.." Sounds just like the Congi Guvrmand in desh. Nothing proactive. Oh! Correction! They ARE proactive, in such things as the bright ideas of destabilizing Ukraine, supporting Islamic sh1theads in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Pakistan... and dictators in Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Africa. :roll:

The need is for a Reagan-like POTUS capable of making sweeping changes, minus the ignorance: A NaMo. An impossible order to fill because such a person would not get through the Primaries much less the Nov 4 election. I don't want to say NEVER, this IS the nation that elected Abraham Lincoln. Or did all his supporters die in the Civil War?
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Abraham Lincoln went to war reactively not proactively. Nothing noble about that.

Him wanting blacks to have the same right as others is BS. He said many other things, including AFAIK that African AMericans should be sent back to Africa after the war, and that Africans can never be as smart as a white person. Those things are not highlighted, effectively whitewashing his real story and making him to be a martyr for the cause of equality.

Gora propagandu machine at its finest.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Jhujar wrote:NASA Of MASSA , celebrating 75th Anniversary on Oct 18th will open Door for free Tamasha/ visit. Good opportunity for inquisite Minds interested in space to pay visit.
same nasa in which 33% employees are indians?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

LokeshC wrote:Abraham Lincoln went to war reactively not proactively. Nothing noble about that. ...Gora propagandu machine at its finest.
Pls be sure to read his Second (not first) Inaugural Address. It's still on the wall at the Lincoln Memorial in DupleeCity.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

mahadevbhu wrote:
Jhujar wrote:NASA Of MASSA , celebrating 75th Anniversary on Oct 18th will open Door for free Tamasha/ visit. Good opportunity for inquisite Minds interested in space to pay visit.
oh it's gotta be at least 75%.....maybe more.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

mahadevbhu wrote:

That is such bullshit hype spread around by clueless ToIlets. Look here: http://churumuri.wordpress.com/2008/03/ ... 36-or-3-6/

It is more like around between 3-4% which is more along the diversity makeup of US.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

TSJones wrote:oh it's gotta be at least 75%.....maybe more.
100 year anniversary will have 100% (The way NASA funding is going probably only those 3-4% who are interested in science would be left - all others would have left for Wall Street doing Brownian motion simulations and Ito integrals).
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

HiteshJi, I was going to point out the same kind of hype in DDM. Along the same lines, another piece of hype peddled by many is "silicon valley is owned by Indians". Now I know this is balderdash, but can you put this also in perspective? I know there are a lot of Indians in the Bay area, but whats the percentage of Indians in the high-tech industry there relative to other ethnic groups, whites & Chinese in particular?
Last edited by CRamS on 05 Sep 2014 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

CRamS wrote:HiteshJi, I was going to point out the same kind of hype in DDM. Along the same lines, another piece of hype peddled by many is "silicon valley is owned by Indians". Now I know this is balderdash, but can you put this also in perspective? I know there are a lot of Indians in the Bay area, but whats the percentage of Indians in the high-tech industry there relative to other ethnic groups, whites & Chincoms in particular?
Still it is not anywhere close to the percentage being thrown around. It makes the rest of us look stupid and overhyped and creates a bad stigma. We don't need that kind of negative impression created by falsehoods, DDMs, and the likes of ToIlets.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

CRamS:
Chinese (both PRC and ROC) origin outnumber Indian origin people by a factor of about three to one (if one limits to Asian origin people only).

This is old information (~ 20 years back). I don't think the new numbers are all that different considering China was getting $60B FDI compared to Indian FDI of 600M per year during that time.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 05 Sep 2014 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

100 year anniversary will have 100%
True. NASA stands for National Agency for Space Advertising.

Or is that Advertising Space?