India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

khan
BRFite

Re: India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020

Post by khan »

arshyam wrote:OK.

In the meantime, I noticed this part about the new bridge:

Indian Army Finishes Constructing Strategic Bridge Over Galwan River Which China Tried To Stop - Swarajya
The four-span bridge is situated 3 kilometre East of the Shyok river-Galwan river confluence with Patrolling Point 14 - which is said to be the venue of the deadly face-off between Indian and Chinese troops on 15 June.
If the bridge is 3 kms east of the confluence, it is well inside the Galwan valley. I was under the impression that the bridge was across the Shyok river, in order to cross over from the DS-DBO road, which is running on the west bank of the Shyok. It made sense that the Chinese would object to such a bridge as it gave us the potential to build into the Galwan valley. However, it looks like such a bridge was already completed as this one is well inside the Galwan valley. So for those who believe China's claim to the entire Galwan valley is true, this action belies it completely. We are well entrenched inside the valley, entrenched enough to be building bridges and other associated infra. In fact, it shows the Chinese aren't as far-sighted as we think - they escalated only once we were entrenched well inside the valley.

Also, which army would build a bridge inside a narrow valley without being confident about controlling the heights around it? Something to think about.
This is great news. Need to build more, redundant bridges, hardened bunkers etc.

Also, as infrastructure improves, the Chinese tactic of just throwing people at indian positions will not work.

They will at some point go kinetic. All aircraft across the country need to be in hardened shelters, India cannot take anything for granted with the Chinese anymore.

They are completely ruthless.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

khan wrote:IMO PM’s statement about no Chinese occupying Indian territory had to be referencing Galwan - otherwise it doesn’t make sense (forget about the lake - what about Aksai Chin etc).

There is no way he would give it up in a speech like that. I think a 1 line clarification from FM or something like that (maybe when things cool down) is in order.
PM uses words carefully. He had said Poorviya Ladakh while making that statement. Meaning, he deliberately kept the F4-8 issue out of that preview. Keeping other statements in mind, (no inch will be given), that would still be WIP.

Also, I am sure he used the word "seema" = LAC. No PM (after unanimous parl resolution) can say Aksai Chin is not India.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

It is good news. But we need to think. We built a bridge inside our territory and the Chinese are objecting to it and also reacted violently. How much have we objected and reacted to Chinese buildings in our area? whether it be GB or Aksai Chin?
samirdiw
BRFite

Post by samirdiw »

Good summary of the troop situation and change in ground. Essentially they have removed the grey area and by standing on the LAC pushed the Indian presence back .

I feel the only way we can deescalate and push them back to recreate at least some buffer by talks is if we also take a huge ground force double or triple their size right up to the ridge of finger 4 and similarly at point 14. There is simply no other way if we want to avoid using live fire. i.e play their game against them

What do gurus think can we play this game back? What exactly can they do then?
Last edited by samirdiw on 20 Jun 2020 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Spare us the picture of this traiterous scum on this desh bhakhat forum. Thx
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

since when is standing on the LAC loss of territory? It is within their right do that. If we dont want them standing near the LAC - we cannot stand either.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

The only new intel I got for Coupta's handwaving was that there is new trouble at the end of DBO road near Depsang plains. This is at the end of our logistics trail.
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

khan wrote:The only new intel I got for Coupta's handwaving was that there is new trouble at the end of DBO road near Depsang plains. This is at the end of our logistics trail.
Or beginning of logistics trail, depending on how you look at the potential of the landing ground
samirdiw
BRFite

Post by samirdiw »

V_Raman wrote:since when is standing on the LAC loss of territory? It is within their right do that. If we dont want them standing near the LAC - we cannot stand either.
thats whats i am suggesting we should do too - stand with a larger force next to them on the line in galwan and pangong. if we dont patrol upto there then automatically that place is not under our control and if we send only a few folks they are in danger.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

We have given them bloody nose when they tried to change the status quo and come beyond LAC. So they will not do it anytime soon again.

If they coming to LAC threatens DBO - then we are stupid to construct all this around DBO. I hope this is not the case.

Do we have to stand staring at them on the LAC - I agree with you we should. If we can get them to back off - good. Else we need to stand as long as they stand.

In all this - their goal might be to distract India from some action somewhere else. Otherwise, it does not make sense that they did this to deter us from construction around DBO.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

bkswarti wrote:^Laxmanji; PM did however say that Chinese did not intrude inside indian territory.

Then why was there a clash; were our soldiers in their territory?

https://m.rediff.com/news/report/china- ... 200619.htm
The PM said they no longer occupy our territory or post, (presumably in the Galwan valley). Meaning, they tried and failed.
I've said presumably, because it was during a confidential meet with CM's. Whatever the press believes was said in the meet is conjecture.
Let's wait till the PM addresses the nation tomorrow.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The visit of the air chief to Leh is signigicant.Reports of MKIs and Apaches flying indicate that next time the gloves will be off and rightly so.Air power never used in '62 should scorch the Chinese aggressors and in their current positions in the valleys ,make for sitting ducks for air strikes. The Chinese reportedly used drones to check on thd strength of the India forces,why they were able initially to overwhelm our troops.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

People are reading too much into the PM's statement. He didn't say much after Pulwama attack and before balakot air strikes. And even before surgical strikes. Even on day of balakot strikes, he was inaugurating some Gandhi Shanti memorial or something like that. So the point is during crises like this, he prefers to keep quite. Only steps in, to assuage the public and stem the anger in order to not get pressured into action.

So while you can analyse the speech from all possible angles, but I doubt it would be worth it because they must have planned something. And everyone will forget this speech when whatever they planned gets executed.

Btw it's time we realise that, we have to think of how to dismember or deeply hurt China. One thing has become clear now, they won't let us rise peacefully. It's time we do our own unrestricted warfare on them. Starting with Chinese investments in Pakistan.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

samirdiw wrote:[youtube -MQRFQYtJAI /youtube]

Good summary of the troop situation and change in ground. Essentially they have removed the grey area and by standing on the LAC pushed the Indian presence back .

I feel the only way we can deescalate and push them back to recreate at least some buffer by talks is if we also take a huge ground force double or triple their size right up to the ridge of finger 4 and similarly at point 14. There is simply no other way if we want to avoid using live fire. i.e play their game against them

What do gurus think can we play this game back? What exactly can they do then?
You are relying on coupta's analysis of military matters? :rotfl:

On one hand, you ask for gurus' opinion, and when people like ramana and others share good insights, you don't seem to listen. Not sure where this insistence of shivering in the dhoti comes from.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Deans wrote:
bkswarti wrote:^Laxmanji; PM did however say that Chinese did not intrude inside indian territory.

Then why was there a clash; were our soldiers in their territory?

https://m.rediff.com/news/report/china- ... 200619.htm
The PM said they no longer occupy our territory or post, (presumably in the Galwan valley). Meaning, they tried and failed.
I've said presumably, because it was during a confidential meet with CM's. Whatever the press believes was said in the meet is conjecture.
Let's wait till the PM addresses the nation tomorrow.
Hope it's not about International Yoga Day. International Yoga day is also on 21 June. That's why I think they have chosen such a ambiguous date.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

ks_sachin wrote:
suryag wrote:BTW, if we are not prepared to make the LAC hot(not because of men or material shortage but because of our priority) as our intent is to clear up occupied Ladakh in the west we should keep it warm by having better patrols in the disputed area and at an opportune time go for a limited assault and change Aksai Chin to Aksai Hind.
What is the best way to launch ops into Aksai Chin for liberation or occupied Ladakh?
I don't think in the current circumstances, it is either possible or desirable - threatening the G-219 crosses a red line, which means all out war
that the economy does not have the ability to absorb. Secondly, given the terrain, either side would need overwhelming superiority to dislodge the other. In Kargil it took 2 divisions, 2 months, to push back light infantry a few km.
However, I think we do have the ability to `reverse salami slice', by focussing on the territory we lost in the last 2 decades. Suitable economic pressure (increasing loss of access to the Indian market) may dissuade the Chinese from retaliating to reclaim territory that was never theirs and `where not a blade of grass grows'.
Last edited by Deans on 20 Jun 2020 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

khan wrote:IMO PM’s statement about no Chinese occupying Indian territory had to be referencing Galwan - otherwise it doesn’t make sense (forget about the lake - what about Aksai Chin etc).

There is no way he would give it up in a speech like that. I think a 1 line clarification from FM or something like that (maybe when things cool down) is in order.
PM said nobody inside our borders, which is accurate. I have explained more in my post.

I don't see a point in constant second guessing very well calibrated statements of our PM. Trust the A team to do its job and they have a demonstrated an incredible track record over the past 6 years including at Dolam against Cheen.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

After doing a lot of research and looking and re-looking at some satellite images I have come to the conclusion that the situation in the Galvan valley is not as bad I thought it was. The large body of Chinese trucks are round the bend in the river and so they are definitely in Chinese territory. There was an effort to set up camp on the Indian side of the LAC in the valley and that is what caused the dispute, the tension and then the clash. Those positions are not there any longer on the Indian side of the LAC to the best of my knowledge. Time will tell whether the 100 odd Chinese trucks are going to stay put or pull back. However Chinese positions on the height can and will see the DBO road. That is unavoidable, it is their territory and they have the right to set up whatever they want on it.

At Pangong Tso, the PLA has fortified Finger 4. It is IMO no longer possible for any Indian patrol to go beyond Finger 4. Finger 4 is now the LAC. The PLA have occupied the area between Finger 4 and 8. But the fact of the matter is that India never seriously sought ownership of that area. The rock face at Finger 4 was never blasted away to broaden the walking path for vehicular access to enable patrols to be on par with the PLA in their vehicles. Moral of the story, with physical occupation you are 95% of the way towards ownership. That is what China has always done.

And at Hot Springs the face off continues with no camp or positions set up by the PLA on the Indian side.

So the explosive situation at Galwan has been calmed down and in hindsight it is clear that the tense situation at Galwan was due to the IA being angry and upset at the hostages held by the PLA, although we did not know about it and wrongly thought that the continued tension was due to the PLA continuing to occupy Indian territory.

And now the new hotspot to emerge is the Depsang Plains where the PLA has according to some reports set up positions with tanks and artillery 15km-20km within India's perceived LAC. That would make them 15-20 km closer to the airfield at DBO. I guess that is why the IAF chief paid a visit to Ladakh.

These multiple incursions/pressure points clearly indicate a coordinated plan likely by the new Western Theater Commander. In Galwan, IMO, India was firm because of the critical nature of the PLA push to threaten the DBO Road. In Pangong Tso, given India's lackluster claim efforts over the last 20 years, it made no sense to push now.

DBO in my opinion has as much, in fact greater value than the Galwan valley. Any PLA push there has to be met with blunt force, greater than the un-armed push at Galwan. If those tanks and artillery pose a threat to DBO, India may finally have to use force to neutralize them.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Gurus is it possible due to ridge collapse, the Chinese needed a large amount of trucks on 16 Jun 20 and looking at some of the bodies, they decided a quite burial for them in Galwan Valley itself so that not too many people even in PLA circles know about thier actual casualties?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Chinese buildup in Pangong Tso poses fresh challenge
NEW DELHI: The situation at Pangong Tso, the site of the other ongoing standoff between India and China, has taken a serious turn with Chinese troops using the six-week period to fortify defences that may be difficult to dismantle, if and when talks take place on a pullback.
People familiar with the details told ET that while all the attention has been on Galwan Valley, the Chinese have quietly built big, seemingly permanent, structures in the area between Fingers 4 and 8 in Pangong Tso.
Ground reports as well as fresh satellite images available with the armed forces show that after occupying the area up to the feature called Finger 4 — located more than 5 km inside India’s perception of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) — in early May, the Chinese side has carried out a big construction project that includes several new structures. A marina-like facade has come up near the lake with hardened defences along the ridge line.
What has got security agencies concerned are the new defences on the heights near Finger 4, which allow Chinese troops to dominate the entire area, making it difficult for Indian forces to operate or patrol in the vicinity.
In a well-known video that emerged in 2017, troops were seen pelting stones and indulging in hand-to-hand combat on the beach located at Finger 4. Latest images show that this beach area has now been converted into a marina, with boat sheds and administrative camps. India’s access to the beach along the lake has been blocked with at least two fortified structures. A metalled road has also been constructed.
Sources said the new structures would block any possibility of Indian troops crossing the Finger 4 bend along the lake — the traditional route used for patrolling. Also, a series of bunkers have been constructed on the ridge along Finger 4, which gives the Chinese side a dominant view — and, potentially, firing range — over the Indian side of the Finger Area.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

Pangong Tso beyond Finger 4 is gone. It is part of China now. To ensure that no more disputed territory is lost, India should occupy it pronto like China. And unlike the 1962 forward policy this one should be backed with force. The next headache will be at Depsang Plains.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

ldev wrote:At Pangong Tso, the PLA has fortified Finger 4. It is IMO no longer possible for any Indian patrol to go beyond Finger 4. Finger 4 is now the LAC. The PLA have occupied the area between Finger 4 and 8.
Can you clarify how you came to this conclusion?
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Aditya_V wrote:Gurus is it possible due to ridge collapse, the Chinese needed a large amount of trucks on 16 Jun 20 and looking at some of the bodies, they decided a quite burial for them in Galwan Valley itself so that not too many people even in PLA circles know about thier actual casualties?
As per reports there were 200 trunks. Would not 200 be an over kill for this scenario?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

What can be the miltary purpose of moving 200 trucks in a narrow Gorge, supplies, ammo construction equipment- but military they can be sitting ducks.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Aditya_V wrote:What can be the miltary purpose of moving 200 trucks in a narrow Gorge, supplies, ammo construction equipment- but military they can be sitting ducks.
Intimidation
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

arshyam wrote:
ldev wrote:At Pangong Tso, the PLA has fortified Finger 4. It is IMO no longer possible for any Indian patrol to go beyond Finger 4. Finger 4 is now the LAC. The PLA have occupied the area between Finger 4 and 8.
Can you clarify how you came to this conclusion?
Numerous twitter handles with maps/satellite images (which unfortunately can no longer be posted on this thread per bredator diktat).

One handle given below with map, plenty others with maps/satellite images. PLA positions have been fortified, About 300 PLA positions now between Finger 4 and Finger 8 on the lake front and up the ridges.
Yusuf Unjhawala Flag of India
@YusufDFI
While we were busy doing perception perception, Chicoms have built up. Using
@Nrg8000
image, I’ve marked Finger 8 & a representative LAC according to India. See the build up incl the heights which
@rwac48
has written about. Fait accompli. Use of force might be only option.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Let’s hope they aren’t making the same mistake in the Depsang plains and are physically stopping Chinese construction.

They can negotiate once the construction is stoped - it it might be another Pangong lake situation, where they have overwhelming logistical advantages.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Dilbu wrote:Chinese buildup in Pangong Tso poses fresh challenge
NEW DELHI: The situation at Pangong Tso, the site of the other ongoing standoff between India and China, has taken a serious turn with Chinese troops using the six-week period to fortify defences that may be difficult to dismantle, if and when talks take place on a pullback.
People familiar with the details told ET that while all the attention has been on Galwan Valley, the Chinese have quietly built big, seemingly permanent, structures in the area between Fingers 4 and 8 in Pangong Tso.
Ground reports as well as fresh satellite images available with the armed forces show that after occupying the area up to the feature called Finger 4 — located more than 5 km inside India’s perception of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) — in early May, the Chinese side has carried out a big construction project that includes several new structures. A marina-like facade has come up near the lake with hardened defences along the ridge line.
What has got security agencies concerned are the new defences on the heights near Finger 4, which allow Chinese troops to dominate the entire area, making it difficult for Indian forces to operate or patrol in the vicinity.
In a well-known video that emerged in 2017, troops were seen pelting stones and indulging in hand-to-hand combat on the beach located at Finger 4. Latest images show that this beach area has now been converted into a marina, with boat sheds and administrative camps. India’s access to the beach along the lake has been blocked with at least two fortified structures. A metalled road has also been constructed.
Sources said the new structures would block any possibility of Indian troops crossing the Finger 4 bend along the lake — the traditional route used for patrolling. Also, a series of bunkers have been constructed on the ridge along Finger 4, which gives the Chinese side a dominant view — and, potentially, firing range — over the Indian side of the Finger Area.
Looks like either many were sleeping on the job or deliberately let it slide. How else can you explain India not stepping up pressure when the initial movements were done by Chinese to start building permanent structures?? Chinese start protesting the moment we start doing anything. Here, we let them build multiple structures and we are only now realizing it?? God help India, fingers 4-8 is as good as lost . Possession is 90% of the law, no way will chinese now withdraw or allow dismantling them. And India , going by past record, is not going to dismantle them forcefully using few artillery. So bye bye fingers 4-8 :roll: :-?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

[Mods, delete if this is inappropriate]

No one seems to have looked at this in detail, though a few of us hinted at it. Now that the details are out in multiple sources, sharing the list of martyrs and their units:

List of names of 20 martyred soldiers released, most of Bihar regiment - DailyHunt
16 Bihar Regiment: 12 martyrs

3 Punjab Regiment: Three Martyrs

3 Medium Regiment: Two Martyrs

12 Bihar Regiment: A Martyr

81 Mount Brigade Signal Company: a martyr

81 Field Regiment: A Martyr
TimesNow also has reported this with more detail about each martyr.

My point is, Col Babu was leading 16 Bihar, and they lost a lot of personnel. But what are these other units with casualties - they wouldn't be under Col Babu, as far as my understanding of the Army's organization goes. Plus there are martyrs from 2 artillery units and 1 from a signals unit (I assume that the unit is 81 Mount(ain) Brigade Signal Company - ?). I assume all of these units won't be under the same Colonel, nor would they all be deployed together at Galwan. The AOR of a single battalion would be bigger than a single river valley, and Galwan doesn't seem big enough for the 3 infantry battalions that are in the list. The Artillery units seem to be medium caliber units, but is clearly heavier caliber weapon than, say, Chinese clubs :mrgreen:, and indicate that mobile offensive weapons were employed somewhere. So clearly, something happened beyond just Galwan, and the subsequent words by the PM ("marte marte mar gaye") indicate that we took some offensive action.

Can someone more familiar with army deployments comment on this?
VickyAvinash
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VickyAvinash »

putnanja wrote:
Looks like either many were sleeping on the job or deliberately let it slide. How else can you explain India not stepping up pressure when the initial movements were done by Chinese to start building permanent structures?? Chinese start protesting the moment we start doing anything. Here, we let them build multiple structures and we are only now realizing it?? God help India, fingers 4-8 is as good as lost . Possession is 90% of the law, no way will chinese now withdraw or allow dismantling them. And India , going by past record, is not going to dismantle them forcefully using few artillery. So bye bye fingers 4-8 :roll: :-?
OT Post.
A msg has been doing rounds on the whatsApp. Without going into details, what is claimed is that our boys did take an offensive action albeit with sticks and rods after the murder of Col. Per msg, scores of chinese in excess of 100s were dispatched with gruesome details. The units who retaliated were mixed. Apologies for posting if inappropriate.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

ldev wrote:
arshyam wrote: Can you clarify how you came to this conclusion?
Numerous twitter handles with maps/satellite images (which unfortunately can no longer be posted on this thread per bredator diktat).

One handle given below with map, plenty others with maps/satellite images. PLA positions have been fortified, About 300 PLA positions now between Finger 4 and Finger 8 on the lake front and up the ridges.
Yusuf Unjhawala Flag of India
@YusufDFI
While we were busy doing perception perception, Chicoms have built up. Using
@Nrg8000
image, I’ve marked Finger 8 & a representative LAC according to India. See the build up incl the heights which
@rwac48
has written about. Fait accompli. Use of force might be only option.
It's the same map that Reuters had posted with just a bunch of dots someone marked based on an assumption that only Chinese vehicles/personnel could have somehow moved to the ridge line, when the resolution is hardly useful to draw that conclusion. The best we could know from an image like that is, there is *some* activity at the ridge lines that didn't exist earlier. Whether it is Indian or Chinese activity seems to be anybody's guess.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

putnanja wrote:
Once the Chinese had 1000’s of people on their side of finger 4, it would be impossible to dislodge them. Indian troops would have to squeeze by the Finger 4 bottleneck.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

khan wrote:
putnanja wrote:
Once the Chinese had 1000’s of people on their side of finger 4, it would be impossible to dislodge them. Indian troops would have to squeeze by the Finger 4 bottleneck.
LGBs.
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Davidrock »

Is the news about Depsang true ?!

This is real bad news. Prob it’s time to escalate now. We should not let them build there.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Twitter

Two of the many Changing Colors of the 'CONGameleon' @ajaishukla

Different days different strokes ...

Sigh! It Brings me back to the Question
"WHO really is Shri Ajai Shukla jee?"
As they say 'Always follow the money' ...
So whither does the trail GO?

https://twitter.com/RaveenKr/status/1274043783198326784
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

arshyam wrote:[Mods, delete if this is inappropriate]

No one seems to have looked at this in detail, though a few of us hinted at it. Now that the details are out in multiple sources, sharing the list of martyrs and their units:

List of names of 20 martyred soldiers released, most of Bihar regiment - DailyHunt
16 Bihar Regiment: 12 martyrs

3 Punjab Regiment: Three Martyrs

3 Medium Regiment: Two Martyrs

12 Bihar Regiment: A Martyr

81 Mount Brigade Signal Company: a martyr

81 Field Regiment: A Martyr
TimesNow also has reported this with more detail about each martyr.

My point is, Col Babu was leading 16 Bihar, and they lost a lot of personnel. But what are these other units with casualties - they wouldn't be under Col Babu, as far as my understanding of the Army's organization goes. Plus there are martyrs from 2 artillery units and 1 from a signals unit (I assume that the unit is 81 Mount(ain) Brigade Signal Company - ?). I assume all of these units won't be under the same Colonel, nor would they all be deployed together at Galwan. The AOR of a single battalion would be bigger than a single river valley, and Galwan doesn't seem big enough for the 3 infantry battalions that are in the list. The Artillery units seem to be medium caliber units, but is clearly heavier caliber weapon than, say, Chinese clubs :mrgreen:, and indicate that mobile offensive weapons were employed somewhere. So clearly, something happened beyond just Galwan, and the subsequent words by the PM ("marte marte mar gaye") indicate that we took some offensive action.

Can someone more familiar with army deployments comment on this?
Perfectly normal. You have to understand that a brigades organisation depends on its tasking. 112 MTN brigade for a long time had an Assam Rifle and a Armd Sqdrn under it..In effect it was almost like an Indep which was demanded but with little success from 33 Corps.
Depending on the AoR the Arty guys would be fwd deployed to support the gunners as observers. They would be attached to 16 Bihar. Likewise an Eng detachment is logical as the bridge was being built and these would be attached to 16 Bihar.

Another expl is if someone is moving from say Jammu to Leh. Eech nights halt resulted in being attached to the local formation or transit camp.
Last edited by ks_sachin on 20 Jun 2020 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Davidrock wrote:Is the news about Depsang true ?!

This is real bad news. Prob it’s time to escalate now. We should not let them build there.
We have an armored brigade under XIV corps for this very scenario. Unlike the Chinese, the brigade has been stationed here for years (not days) and have figured out how to fight at high altitude - special grade fuel and lubricant, crew not collapsing from oxygen deprivation, repair crews functioning in freezing weather and high altitude etc. Its far tougher for the Chinese go get to Depsang from their nearest base in Hotan, than for us to reinforce.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

If the Chinese control the finger 4 heights & ridge then our ITBP base becomes untenable since it is directly threatened from the heights.
Such oversight is by us is not possible.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

May sound contrarian.

A bollywood actor commits suicide. And virtually the nation goes into mourning.

A country that places actors & celebrities above soldiers, teachers & farmers is under some curse.

Would the death of an entrepreneur or farmer get the same traction nationwide.

Major Gaurav Arya (Retd)@majorgauravarya·Jun 18

An orphaned son. A widowed wife. A broken father. A shattered mother.

This is the price of our freedom.

ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Deans wrote:
Davidrock wrote:Is the news about Depsang true ?!

We have an armored brigade under XIV corps for this very scenario. Unlike the Chinese, the brigade has been stationed here for years (not days) and have figured out how to fight at high altitude - special grade fuel and lubricant, crew not collapsing from oxygen deprivation, repair crews functioning in freezing weather and high altitude etc. Its far tougher for the Chinese go get to Depsang from their nearest base in Hotan, than for us to reinforce.
We had a squadron for the Tibetan Plateau. Felt more like a vanity project for Gen Sundarji..