India-US Relations : News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: India-US Relations : News and Discussion

Post by vishvak »

symontk wrote:From 2001 to 2003, I stayed around Birmingham, Alabama. I used to take my family for walking thru sidewalks and true to say no police encounter ever. But one day a dog attacked me for a second, I really don't know where the dog went after that. He didnt bit me but tried to scare me. He disappeared after that seems to be trained one

Also I used to walk to my work place thru the sidewalks too. But racism can be anywhere
Obviously the police is more perceptive per my personal experience, for that matter K9 units too, and in general USA civil society. However, in India-US relations, we go by proof don't we, after all that is what civilized do - Aryan invasion theory(history writing), reportage and image building(selective secularism et al), law and order (which our diplomats and even the PM is well aware of), etc. USA has law books isn't it?

So one can not ignore what is caught on video, now on, even if one wishes to remain silent.

By the way, Sureshbhai Patel's Recovery Fund - fundraiser page.
$155,385 of $100k
Raised by 3,573 people in 3 days
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Kashi wrote:Except that the gentleman was not there professionally or as an immigrant. He was a tourist. Big difference.
I would like to add without any comment on language chauvinism/racial profiling/police brutality issues the following one point.

Applying for and gaining a permanent residency is considered immigration with an intent to take up US citizenship in due course. People need not take the final step, but they are still called immigrants or potential immigrants, AFAIK. That presumption does not exist for people who are here on H1B (work permit) or B1 (Business/Tourist) visas.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Immigration is NOT the new "going to vilayat" that makes you unholy.

The classification of immigrants, non-immigrants, or visa rules do not change the rights granted to you by birth or naturalization. Visa debates stop at immigration attorney/government agency. There is no scope for individual scorn/determination for those the governments choose to permit visiting/working/staying rights.

There is only one constitution for each land. Not one for blacks, another for whites. Not one for tourists and another for cops.

This whole "papers please" has got to stop. The world is not a concentration camp.

If Indians have the means to travel, visit, or settle then they should do so. To the farthest possible lands, and despite these hurdles.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In a roundabout way the victim is being blamed. No its lack of English. Next what color? The real problem is he neighbor who called in the police. Afer that all bets are off. I recall a Florida football player had a car breakdown and kn coked on someone's door for help. She called police who pumped him with many bullets.

Will ge name and details if anyone wants.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Ramanaji - NO ONE in this forum, as much as I have seen, is blaming the victim. All I see is nothing but support for Mr. Patel and his family from every poster.

Also, I am sure all who know even a little about US Visa requirements (including permanent resident visa) know that all applicants must satisfy English language proficiency. This was true even for student visa requirement, as I remember taking a stupid English test given by US embassy. Now it might be true, for certain people (specially old and very young) the language requirement may be relaxed or ignored per US rules.

But to demonize any one who, says "knowing English is helpful" if you visit USA -- is beyond pale.
(No one is suggesting that if you don't speak english you should be beaten up - they are just saying - if you visit US and apply for a Green card or student Visa -- follow the rules.

Yes, US system is not perfect, but I am sure *many* here will agree without a shadow of doubt that the situation is much better than any other nation on this world.

Many (about a million) Indian origin people CHOSE to stay in US, why should they if the situation is as bad and widespread as some of the posters have been posting here ad-absurdum.

Those who are using this serious incident as a shameful excuse to demonize EVERY one here in US have more in common with some people who wants to lecture India about samjota express.

Think for a moment.. does this kind of things do not happen in other places .. even in India? You only have to listen to NaMo's August 15 address, or read about massive public protests post Nirbhaya about police incompetence and really brutal crime case in India itself. While India is working on to make situation much better, think what Pakis are doing?

The decent thing to do is to go in a positive direction and make sure that these incidents do not happen. Firing of the police officer and other acts are in positive direction. Writing hateful post after hateful post and posting a whole society with a broad brush is not what we (Indians) do. This sets us apart from India's western neighbor.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

panduranghari wrote:
Cosmo_R wrote:"One intriguing question is how much an immigrant’s characteristics can lessen the threat to identity that some people feel. For instance, native-born people’s attitudes are less affected by skin tone or origin than by language, Hainmueller says.

“People may be less likely to develop an anti-immigrant attitude based on immutable qualities,” he says. “You can’t change your skin color, but you can learn English.”

http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/je ... -attitudes
What are you suggesting? The old gent 'Mr Patel' should have taken a English course before visiting his Grandson in US?
I did learn English before visiting USA, and I think it is a good idea. Also it may be a requirement depending upon the type of the US Visa. (see my post above)
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Shreeman ji: You want the world to be an Utopia which "does not exist".

My post is limited to one point and one point only. He is not a tourist. Whether he is required to demonstrate proficiency in the dominant language of the country is moot until his application to naturalize to that country.

National boundaries are a matter of fact. None can wish those away irrespective of whether she is the chairperson of an autocratic party of the mainland, PM of the largest democracy in the world who by default is the leader of the free world, or the leader of the "most powerful" democracy which consumes most resources per capita and exports most weapons by value.

Presidents and PMs come and go but the constitution lives on. That fact cuts both ways.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

AmberG: Sire, English proficiency is not a requirement for PR, but is a requirement to become a naturalized citizen.

... <Snip TMI> ...

Learning enough English to pass the citizenship test is child's play for some of our senior citizens, IMHO. So it all boils down to things one cannot change - skin color, eye color, hair color, civility, humility and the like.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 16 Feb 2015 10:19, edited 2 times in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Amber G. wrote: Also, I am sure all who know even a little about US Visa requirements (including permanent resident visa) know that all applicants must satisfy English language proficiency.
Factually incorrect.

English language profeciency is NOT required for visa or GC. It is required (exceptions apply) for naturalization only.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

RamaY: For students it is an indirect requirement through TOEFL or whatever it is called now a days. Also, if one applies for a TA position, most state universities require ESL (English as a Spoken Language - or whatever it is called now a days) scores. At least some part (if not the major part) of state university funding is from property taxes paid by the residents of the respective states, these would get a reduced tuition rates for their dependents. In most states, the residents made a representation to their state Govts. to institute Enlish language requirements for the TAs after their dependents complained that they are unable to understand the TAs who are not native English speakers.

That is where it stands and mot probably will not change in the future unless some other country is able to buy a large part of a state's public debt and then change the rules. The probability of something like that happening is vanishingly small (as long as the US remains the 1000 lb gorilla in the room).
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

America is full of rules and regulations.
if you follow it , you are protecetd by law even if it causes harm!!.

There is no humane nature to the law. it is either black or white(not the race thing please).
That is why police and many others incluidng in my profession escape as they are following the rules and regulations.Damn the harm caused to the victim(could be Mr patel or a nameless patient).

I have encountered this aplenty in medical field. I am yet to reconcile this aspect despite here for more than 8 years in massaland.

Here in this case, policeman was called to check about a suspcicoius phone call about a black man.
Being police -
1) their attituide is think of the worst case scenario
2) assume the victim is a dangerous criminal unless proved otherwise.
Considering the above case he is only doing his duty per law. no one will condemn his actions if he kills the victim.

If he puts humane considerations,
he would have observed the petite Mr Patel(or any other harmless individuals killed in the past) actions dos not fit a typical dangerous criminal.
police seems to have lost their "moral compass" somewhere down the line in their profession.
Of course moral compass does not help you progress in the ranks of police profession whereas the "kills" help you in your career backed by law.
Hence police act and alter talk -- IOW behave as a spinal animal.

I can also talk about medical field similarly but at some other appropriate time.
member_26011
BRFite

Post by member_26011 »

Also, what happens to students who come to US to learn English? Apparently, English not needed for student visa there, also (duh?). And many apparently do. I wasn't aware of any English requirements going in for PR etc. (except the old university TOEFL exam as matrimc points out, but that's not visa).

The argument that one should know some English coming to the states is debatable, surely. The atmosphere and recent precedent, however, makes it difficult to trust that the outcome would be any different had Sureshbhai Patel known more English. He knew enough to tell his house number, point to it, and was decent enough to say hi or greet in some other way. He wasn't threatening, he was cooperating, he said No English. In terms of communication, what else did he need to do? The feeling, that his skin color had much to do with this, is stronger (at least for me). Bringing up his English in the face of a video that depicts unimaginable horror right to our eyes is in my view, perhaps as the commercial says, priceless.
Last edited by member_26011 on 16 Feb 2015 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

matrimc wrote: He is not a tourist.
"Sureshbhai Patel, 57, who does not speak English and recently arrived in the United States to help care for his grandson"

Most news reports carry a variation thereof suggesting that Sureshbhai Patel was in US most likely on a visitor visa. As members have pointed out, there does not appear to be a requirement of English language proficiency to enter US on a visitor visa.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Kashi: please look at one of the first video reports. his son specifically says (either in the video or the related article) that he had applied for a PR for his father Sri Suresh bhai Patel and he is here on a PR.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

matrimc wrote:Kashi: please look at one of the first video reports. his son specifically says (either in the video or the related article) that he had applied for a PR for his father Sri Suresh bhai Patel and he is here on a PR.
Ok, I missed out that part. Thanks for pointing it out.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

English is not a prequisite to visit USA. this is plain wrong info.
I know several people who have visited usa and gone back including my own MIL, aunts etc who barely know english. They took interpreter to the visa consulates to naswer questions etc. :((

Of course you have huge chunk of population who dont kno english.

In my hospital we ahve phone interperetrs -- you name it - hindi tamil kannada guajaratai vietnames french spanish turkish arabic korena chinese what not.

Funny true incident-- a patient admitted under my care- french patient - does not know english. i could not undertsand,c alled phone interpreter- unfortunately the phone person could not undertsand. it was hilarious. we had to wait for 2 days for his family memebr to come from NY city to help us. :rotfl:
All these folks stay in usa without english language. They have visa stamped etc.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

chand.bhardwaj: If one is paying her way through to learn English or anything else, of course, there are no English requirements. Spoken English requirements are specifically for students who want to get financial assistance through working as TAs.

In fact, if one is able to invest $750K (this figure is from 5 years back which was as low as $250K 15 (?) years back - I am not sure if that is the current lower bound) in a business and does not take salary from the business, then one can get a PR right away after accounting for any delays for the papers to make their way through the system. I don't know if there is English language requirement for those PR cases. Obviously it would be advantageous to know English (and Spanish) if one is investing that kind of money in a business enterprise which depends on local population in a small/medium town or a suburb of a megalopolis.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

English knowledge test is administered when applying for naturalization (i.e. becoming an US citizen), not for permanent residence in the US (or any other type of visa). The test involves a simple spoken and a written part that takes only a minute (i.e. read a sentence, reply to a question and then write a sentence that the examiner asks you to write).

However, people can ask for exemptions for the English test, if you're an older person:
1. Greater than 50 years old when applying for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident for at least 20 years.
2. Greater than 55 years old when applying for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident for at least 15 years.

People with mental disabilities can also ask for an exemption for this test.

I've known a few people who got stymied by the *written part* of English test. They are all older people that have lived here for years and have learned to speak and understand English fairly well, but don't know how to read/write in it. All of them are literate people and have had a good education, but they know how to write in Chinese, Farsi, Armenian etc. and not English. For these people, they had to wait several more years to apply for citizenship, so that they could claim the English test exemption requirement.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Kashi wrote: Ok, I missed out that part. Thanks for pointing it out.
No problem.

There is another intriguing thing about that dash cam video. I will post it tomorrow after framing it properly.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

matrimc wrote:Shreeman ji: You want the world to be an Utopia which "does not exist".

My post is limited to one point and one point only. He is not a tourist. Whether he is required to demonstrate proficiency in the dominant language of the country is moot until his application to naturalize to that country.

National boundaries are a matter of fact. None can wish those away irrespective of whether she is the chairperson of an autocratic party of the mainland, PM of the largest democracy in the world who by default is the leader of the free world, or the leader of the "most powerful" democracy which consumes most resources per capita and exports most weapons by value.

Presidents and PMs come and go but the constitution lives on. That fact cuts both ways.
OT.

I have come to realize that Internet is good only for utopian principles. And I should really just go back to limited illogical satire. Yet,...

When one tries to comment on "reality", human weaknesses must be simultaneously confronted. These are mainly a posters own ignorance, unwillingness or inability to face the ugliness of life, politics and governance. There is a lot of thrashing about, direction-less, in stages of life where basic needs of life/stage are met, and the next level of accomplishment demanded by the ego is no where in sight.
The one thing that bugs me the most (an order of magnitude more) in online discourse is an attempt to achieve tactical victories -- musharraf style.

The particular case being considered has seen a resolution better than 99.99% (stat. out of my musharraf) of similar events. And one ought to be grateful for small mercies.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

the racists also have their own space in USA

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index ... _eric.html
A crowd-funding page has been created on IndieGoGo for Eric Parker, the Madison police officer who has been fired from his job and arrested for third-degree assault of 57-year-old Sureshbhai Patel.
The donation page has a goal of $10,000. As of midmorning Saturday it had raised about $1,165. The description says, simply, "To help with Parker's bills, etc. Any donation is greatly appreciated."
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I did learn English before visiting USA
Brings to mind the old Malloostani Legend of Yes-No-VeryGood. There are some slight flaws with this advice, AmberG, pls don't throw any stones, just :mrgreen:
Police Officer K.K.K. Aryan: Hey you! Ain't y'all some kinda terrist?
AngrejiLarnedVijitor A.L.V.YNVG: Yes!
Police Officer K.K.K. Aryan: Dyawn on the grauwnd, nyaw!
AngrejiLarnedVijitor A.L.V.YNVG: No!
Police Officer K.K.K. Aryan: Ah'm gonna twist yore butt around, lift yo and slam yo on da kawnncrit and break yo bones, then stomp on yo with both feet!
AngrejiLarnedVijitor A.L.V.YNVG: Very good onlee!
See! There u go! 8)

The Vice Provost for Academic Affairs of a major Southern institution of Higher Larning went to a major college in desh some saal pehle to sign one of those Memorandummies of Under-standing, and gave a 30-minute speech. The entire audience, all well-ejjikated in Angreji, smiled and nodded their heads. Afterwards the Principal told UBCNews:
He talked for 30 minutes, but no one understood a word he said.
Seriously, this is a Hate Crime. The family and lawyer should bring in Morris Dees' Southern Poverty Law Center, sue the racist neighbor, sue the city and the police department, being the organizations behind the hate-criminals in their uniforms.

After the settlement, the former Police HQ and City Hall can become the Patel Hospital for Victims of Racist Brutality. Like SPLC HQ is in the former HQ of the KKK. That is the only way to deal with racist hate.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

habal wrote:the racists also have their own space in USA
http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index ... _eric.html
A crowd-funding page has been created on IndieGoGo for Eric Parker, the Madison police officer who has been fired from his job and arrested for third-degree assault of 57-year-old Sureshbhai Patel...
The donation page has a goal of $10,000. As of midmorning Saturday it had raised about $1,165. The description says, simply, "To help with Parker's bills, etc. Any donation is greatly appreciated."
Now they have collected 3167 $ and one Nitin Ramlal donated 25 bucks while majority donation is below 5 $. This police officer would have been better to contact that Sikh For Justice organisation in NYC to get free lawyer and all other home expenses paid. They would have also honored him for this brave act ,calling him hero who broke the spine of one fundamentalist Patel.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

How about many ppl forwarding that link to each of the entities at Berkeleystan? They can take the donation down the street to IndieGoGo Hq.
Bharath.Subramanyam
BRFite

Post by Bharath.Subramanyam »

Wanted to give some data from Pew Center on Hispanic Millennials and Religion (I am posting 2014 May data below that will be of interest.)

The Pew Research Center has released a new study on Hispanic Millennnials and how they view religion.
Pew found that Hispanic Millennials are less religious than Millennials overall since

• 28% of Hispanic Millennials have no particular religion or are atheist or agnostic vs. 18% of Hispanic
adults overall
• 31% of Hispanic Millennials attend religious services at least weekly vs. 40% of Hispanics overall
• 47% of Hispanic Millennials believe that religion is “very important” in their lives vs. 60% of
Millennials
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^^ Dont take this data as an absolute. Compare that with the religious choices of the previous generation, scandals and their impact (catholics vs protestant), citizenship status and relationships further south and this is not anything eye opening. And these "very important", "regular services" and "no particular religion" mean very different things. In India, this means atheism. In US, it just means you follow christianity during major holidays and festivals. Atheism in US is a separate tiny tiny tiny minority.

There are inferences to be drawn there, but discussion of religion has always been proscribed here.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Breaking news is that a Temple has been attacked in Washington.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Hindu temple vandalised in Washington with hate message
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/hindu ... 150217.htm
A Hindu temple has been vandalised with hate speech in Washington, sending shock waves through the community in the area and prompting authorities to launch an investigation.

The incident happened when unidentified miscreants sprayed swastika and painted "Get Out" on one of the walls of the temple in the Seattle Metropolitan area. It is one of the largest Hindu temples in the entire North West.

The Snohomish county sheriff's department is investigating this case as malicious harassment. Top county officials visited the temple on Monday.

"This kind of thing should not happen in the US. Who are you telling to get out? This is a nation of immigrants," Nitya Niranjan, chairman of board of trustee of the Hindu Temple and Cultural Centre, Bothell, Washington told PTI.

On Tuesday, the temple is celebrating Mahashivratri.

Niranjan said some kind of painting was sprayed on the outside wall of the temple a few years ago, but they did not bring it to the notice of the law enforcement authorities as nothing was written. "We have no idea, who did it," Niranjan said.

While the temple has been there for nearly two decades, the construction on the second phase of the current building began recently.

The Hindu American Foundation condemned the incident.

"The timing of this crime, occurring before a major Hindu festival, warrants special attention from law enforcement," said Jay Kansara, director of government relations, Hindu American Foundation.

"We are encouraged by the ongoing thorough investigation of the Bothell City Police Department. HAF will continue to engage through the local community with city, state, and federal officials until the perpetrator is brought to justice," Kansara said.

Of late there has been increasing incidents of vandalism of Hindu temples in the US including one in Loudoun County, Virginia and Monroe, Georgia last year.

As of January 1, 2015, the Department of Justice ordered all crime reporting forms to include the category anti-Hindu under the possible motives of hate crimes. "Houses of worship are places where people should be able to be safe, at peace, and inspired to serve others," said Padma Kuppa, HAF board member.

"Instead, the vandalism of the Hindu temple in Seattle and the arson of a mosque in Houston this past weekend incite fear and result in distrust among communities," he said.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Land of the (in)tolerant and sanctimonious advice?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Is Ombaba now going to talk about it in his breakfast meeting and feel ashamed. Preacher, Heal thyself.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

There is a huge huge undercurrent of white supremacy movement that is built upon narratives of "them dot-heads and diaper-heads taking our jobs".

This is something to watch out for the future.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

..and the narrative is reinforced by sanctimonious preaching by PoTUS.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The headlines at least have started changing ... Hopefully start of a new trend. Can we expect a more critical view of the US pronouncement rather just going ra-ra. Perhaps I am reading too much.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 272604.cms
Outrage in India after Hindu temple vandalized with hate message in US
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

sooraj wrote:Hindu temple vandalised in Washington with hate message

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/hindu ... 150217.htm

..............{Snipped}............
US President Obama’s speech Jan. 27 at Siri Fort and on Feb. 5 at the US “National Prayer Breakfast” is instigating violence against India by painting India as a villain. First it was the episode of US State Actors assaulting an Indian, Sureshbhai Patel, in Alabama leaving him partially paralysed. Now this.

Meanwhile has U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) Chairman Katrina Lantos Swett who is ever ready to castigate India, and who gleefully jumped in to support US President Obama’s comment about India said anything to condemn this lack of protections for a Hindu temple?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks North Western US has been a cesspool of hatred towards Indians since the beginning of 20th century. In Bellingham, Washington, there were the riots in 1907:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellingham_riots
The Bellingham riots occurred on September 4, 1907, in Bellingham, Washington, USA.[1] A mob of 400–500 white men, predominantly members of the Asiatic Exclusion League, with intentions to exclude East Indian immigrants from the work force of the local lumber mills, attacked the homes of the South Asian Indians.[2] The Indians were mostly Sikhs but were labelled as Hindus by much of the media of the day.[3]

The mob threw the East Indian workers into the streets, beat them, and pocketed their valuables. The authorities co-operated with the mob by corralling the beaten Indian immigrants into the City Hall, ostensibly for their safety.[4] "By the next day 125 South Asians had been driven out of town and were on their way to British Columbia".[5] Six Indians were hospitalized [6] and about 400 were held in the Bellingham Jail, reportedly under "protective custody".[7] No participants in the mob violence were prosecuted.

Some victims of the riots migrated to Everett, Washington where two months later, they received similar treatment.[8] Similar riots occurred during this period in Vancouver, BC[9] and California.[10]

In recognition of the 100th anniversary of the riots, Whatcom County Executive Pete Kremen and Bellingham Mayor Tim Douglas jointly proclaimed Sept. 4, 2007, a “Day of Healing and Reconciliation," acknowledging and atoning for those regrettable events.[11]
Need to remind state of Washington that they have turned full circle.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

As regards the Alabama incident. Name of the trainee was Andrew Slaughter.
The dashboard camera shows two officers, field trainer Parker and his trainee Andrew Slaughter, approach the man just after 8 a.m. on Friday. The man stops and turns and steps toward them. The audio offers a clips of the interaction, mainly just what the officers say.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/0 ... _big-photo
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Amber G. wrote:
I did learn English before visiting USA, and I think it is a good idea. Also it may be a requirement depending upon the type of the US Visa. (see my post above)
A visitor visa has no such need. If you visit Finland for a week long holiday, will you personally learn Finnish? Though no language could be considered hard, there is no logic for a visitor to be able to speak fluently in the local language. Besides Mr Patel did use some basic English which I believe is better than my Finnish (if I ever have to visit Finland).
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Indian temples/people are easy pickings for random pakistanis, recall the other washington event, washington dc. However, the main event in this too, will be jewish. The europeans sat an clapped AND tipped the monkeys when they were attacking india. The US seems quiet when hindu symbols are attacked. The question is whether they will be able to turn the tide when it becomes anti-semitic.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

A pithy mention in Seattle's main newspaper (the vandalized temple is in Bothell, a Seattle suburb)

Police investigating “hate graffiti” painted on Bothell temple - Seattle Times
Police are investigating “hate graffiti” found painted early Sunday on the outside wall of a Hindu temple in Bothell, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office reported Monday.

About 9:30 a.m. Sunday, a deputy responding to a temple member’s call found a swastika and the words “GET OUT” painted on side of the Hindu Temple and Cultural Center in the 3800 block of 212th Street Southeast.

Police so far have no suspects, but are investigating.
Not even a mention in the other main online news site, Seattle PI.

[Added later]
Shreeman sir, it is quiet indeed. The local NBC affiliate is saying it is linked to a school vandalism too, so kids playing pranks onlee, nothing much to worry about. Issue will die down in a few days. Funny how issues in US are benign pranks, but similar issues in India are communal violence.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2 ... /23537663/
Last edited by arshyam on 17 Feb 2015 22:10, edited 1 time in total.