Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by ramana »

So Monday May 12th after polling in India, we can lock this thread and open a new one for the results thread....
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Arun Shourie on ET now! So you think you have deciphered TsuNaMo!! Check out from 25:10 onwards :twisted:

This is one of the most relaxed interview of Modi ji I have seen. Laughing openly, answering calmly, complementing the interviewer for researching before the interview. Interviewer looks like old friend of Modi ji. :)

You can follow the links for other parts of the interview.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Prasad wrote:While his answer that by Hindus the manifesto meant Indian origin folks, I'd have loved for him to say that we have given asylum for Tibetan Buddhists, Hindus from bd, muslims from Burma. That is what e meant and tired it up with Indian origin :)
Its about Sons of soil who still says Bharat Mata Ki Jai. Resident Non indians are outside this pale.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ramana wrote:So Monday May 12th after polling in India, we can lock this thread and open a new one for the results thread....
thathstu
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Raja Bose wrote:Fantastic summary statement from Modi at the end of Arnab's interview - clear, concise and humble. Contrast that to the BS bombast and RnD about "my dead grandma, my dead papa" from RaGa and gang. One has the country's interest in mind, the other only cares about their own hide.
that was the part that struck me too. he believes in building institutions. the importance of that school of thought can't be over-emphasized. this guy is going to be a game-changer.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

like me ;)
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

By rejecting the permission for rally Congress and EC have definitely hit a Self goal. Lalu and mamata didi must be really pissed
if the EC had given permission to the rally, it could have been one more Modi rally and would not have been a game changer and would not shown that EC, Congress and SP were in collusion. This has also removed the focus from other final stage seats in UP, Bihar and Bengal and has made Modi and Varanasi the focus till 10th the day when canvassing ends for final stage. It has completely removed ,Mamata didi, Lalu Prasad from the current lime light. Lalu was supposed to be on a comeback path and this has definitely hit his plans
http://deccan-journal.com/content/congr ... -self-goal
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

At times I feel iview to Arnob was his inaam for frying Pappu
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4juzVRgBBWw AAPtards running away from Modibhakt in Banaras
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

For how long people have longed for a good and smart fighter:

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/banni ... 14567.html
From an aggressor Modi has suddenly turned into a victim, seeking popular sympathy. But with Modi his rivals can never be sure of his next move. He is playing a victim but rather aggressively, not just to gain sympathy but to arouse anger among his believers.
:rotfl:
His landing in Varanasi has now become a mega event, only comparable to his own road show when he filed his nomination on 24 April.

He hit the Varanasi roads, this time without seeking the RO’s permission. The irony is the RO could not do anything about it, given that Modi was only going to his party office from the BHU helipad to meet his party workers. A five-six kilometre long ride, of which every single inch was filled with his supporters. Publicly BJP leaders may be raving and ranting, but privately they are thankful to the EC for presenting them a wonderful opportunity. {true}
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

I have a feeling that Modi might giving an interview to Barkha Dutt bcoz she is missing in action today just like Arnab was missing in action. I hope I'm wrong on this.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Aaron Schock Verified account ‏@aaronschock

#tbt sharing a meal w/my friend @narendramodi Wishing him luck as he enters the final week of race for India PM
Aaron Schock Verified account
@aaronschock

I represent the great district of IL - 18 in Congress
He is a Republican and is only 32!!
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^aggressor/victim...
This is an unbelievably masterful campaign by Modi and BJP. Right mix of Hindutva, development, common man against establishment, magnanimity (no revenge), hogging the limelight(selfie, road show during filing) and outrage politics (low caste, Varanasi permission denial). His team, and his army of supporters controlled the narrative throughout the campaign, and forced everyone (opposition, media, internal dissent) on the defensive by continually attacking them. Respects!!!

Hope they have the same level of motivation for the next election.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

The interview was a bit like the Nixon/JFK interview. Those who heard it on radio (had no TV) thought Nixon had won, those who saw it on TV thought JFK had won. Those looking at the 'body language' had a different take than those who heard the words. Namo gave Arnab several verbal slaps throughout the interview, though Namo did appear a bit less 'open/free' than his usual self. I think 'watchful' is a better word than 'defensive'. Arnab came out looking petty at times, as if this was just another mamooli interview. I think most of his questions lacked substance......truly sad.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

still trending at no 1
#ModiSpeaksToArnab
#TheMostEmbarrassingMomentEver
#GetRecharged
#RRvsSRH
#BanarasVsModi
Why is Times Now
Amit Mishra
Hinduism
Dharna
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

I remember this old project manager who in his time in the project put in some very practical and useful processes which at first made life a slightly difficult for others. Once he left his absence was not at all felt as the very processes he had put in place ensured that the team never needed a manager from there on. It was a well oiled machine which knew how to reach given that everything was a process and documented.

Modi's Gujarat is one such example. Modi's campaigning and absence from Gujarat has created no dent or crisis in governance. Now he needs to make India so.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Cannot fathom why, but Suhel Seth is breathing fire on Congi news rep.

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Promise to Varanasi

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Aaron schock is a nice chap.. I have him personally a few times.. I met him in feb end or march before I came to India.. and a couple of times last year.. He framed a legislation for increasing the number of medical residency slots..(hr 1201 schwartz schock legislation) .. He has been in touch with various PIO/NRI docs association.. The first time I saw him ,I did not realise he is a senator ,till someone introduced him..blends in with the crowd..no air about being a senator...presidential material...

as with all gora amreekans standard disclaimers apply...like amreeki interest being of paramount interest..
Last edited by gakakkad on 09 May 2014 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

That tribal marriage comment is sure to attract noise from the SC/ST commission for Suhel Seth. Or am I missing something?
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

FWIW...

http://m.timesofindia.com/Home/Lok-Sabh ... 848199.cms
He promised his election managers he will return to Varanasi on May 11 when he is likely to perform Ganga Aarti. Modi indicated he will remain in Varanasi on the polling day on May 12.

The acid test, though, was Madanpura, a Muslim-dominated area.

SP City Rahul Raj, along with a large number of police personnel accompanied the motorcade on foot through this area. They were in for a surprise though as Modi was showered with flowers there.

Seeing Modi's cavalcade pass through Madanpur, Jahid Ashraf said, "It's good to see Modi travel through Madanpura with his procession. Whether we vote for him or not is a different matter but it is good to see that a leader, projected as the biggest anti-Muslim name, also came visiting."

Haji Awwal looked happy with the show of strength, saying it was a matter of concern for the administration that Modi had been allowed to travel through the area. To ensure no untoward incident occurred, though, Awwal said residents had teemed street corners.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Regarding Vadra's case, I think Rajastan has some info, but it needs some corroborate info from central govt agencies. But if Rajastan govt approaches UPA govt for info requests, it will be give away, which direction the investigation is moving and they may try to erase whatever scant evidence is left, that is why Rajastan govt is not hurry, because they knew after May 16, it will be NDA govt.

I bet once BJP forms govt at central level, there will be a water tight case against Mr. Vadra.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

GAURAV C SAWANT ‏@gauravcsawant

Interesting numbers thrown up by @IndiaToday-CICERO polls for Varanasi. Projects Modi to get 56%, Ajay Rai 15% & Kejriwal 10% votes
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

As per other sources Khujli is #2 (10%) and others including Ajay Rai, SP, BSP losing deposit. We need to work hard to have khujli lose his deposit.
My anger for AK49 is increasing by the day.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Home ... 844740.cms
Babus eye foreign postings post-polls

With a week to go for election results to be declared and little chance of the ruling coalition getting a fresh term, UPA ministers and their staff have started winding up. Most offices wear a deserted look with ministerial staff either looking at foreign postings or starting to scout for their next assignment within the country.

The early birds have already taken up new assignments. For instance, Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi, who was private secretary to PM Manmohan Singh, has moved to Washington as a senior advisor in the International Monetary Fund. Similarly, Anjali Prasad, who was the additional secretary responsible for FDI policy, has joined as India's ambassador to WTO in Geneva.

There are several others who are in contention for foreign assignments, starting with the government's chief spokesperson Neelam Kapoor, who is said to be headed for Nehru Centre in London. Also in the race for a job at the Indian high commission in London is commerce and industry minister Anand Sharma's private secretary Ashish Kundra, while the minister's officer on special duty Ayush Mani Tiwari may move to the Indian mission in Brussels.

Even finance minister P Chidambaram's OSD, Vijay Singh Chauhan, is a candidate to be an advisor to India's executive director to the World Bank in Washington.

Officials, however, say this is not a surprise given that bureaucrats often get prized postings after stints with ministers. Even in 2009, Pulok Chatterjee, who was then a secretary in the PMO, had moved to Washington as executive director to the World Bank. Similarly, DPS Sandhu, who was also part of the PMO, went to Washington. Shakti Sinha, a trusted aide of former PM A B Vajpayee, sought and got a posting with the World Bank after the NDA government lost the trust vote by a single vote.

Although outgoing regimes take care to ensure that choice foreign postings for their trusted officers are secured, the practice has over the years become so institutionalized that it is seen as a 'given', even an entitlement which succeeding governments will not like to interfere with for the risk of appearing mean-spirited.

The ministers themselves are bidding farewell, starting this weekend itself. Commerce and industry minister Anand Sharma, for instance, has invited senior officials for lunch at a kebab joint in a five-star hotel near the Delhi airport for what appears to be his last such meeting before election results are out.

On Tuesday, finance minister P Chidambaram is scheduled to meet regulators and top North Block officials at the meeting of the Financial Sector Development Council, where the agenda, apart from the immediate issues facing banks, insurance companies and stock markets, will be to bid adieu after spending years with most of the regulators. Later, he meets public sector bank chiefs. "Obviously, with just days to go with the result, he can't be telling us what we should do during the financial year," said a bank chairman who did not wish to be identified.

In fact, the mood has already begun to change in the ministries and departments with information flow suddenly increasing, often causing embarrassment to the government (Doordarshan's interview of Narendra Modi and the industry department report on Gujarat land intervention being cases in point).

Packing has already begun at 7 Race Course Road, the PM's official residence, with books and others articles being carefully catalogued as Singh prepares to move into a new bungalow on Motilal Nehru Marg. An agency report said all gifts received by Singh or members of the PMO are being catalogued and handed over to the treasury.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I wonder why a new regime should tolerate all these loyalists occupying important posts in foreign missions...most of which look like cushy plum positions with high salary and not much real work that benefits India?

I say we scale back our engagement with washington and london by withdrawing people from there...let the pakis take it up...they need more of WB/IMF anyway.

we need to focus on asia, middle east and africa.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

hanumadu wrote:
Hints at attack on Mayawati and Mamata tactic to keep door open for them
Arnab asked shouldn't Modi, instead of criticizing Mamta, keep the doors open and Modi said that is what he was doing by attacking her and cannot explain more.

Somebody on BR actually mentioned that it was a friendly fight between Mamta and Modi.
Another possibility is to blackmail her the way Cong blackmails SP and BSP
(unleash CBI on Sarada chit fund scam etc.)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:I wonder why a new regime should tolerate all these loyalists occupying important posts in foreign missions...most of which look like cushy plum positions with high salary and not much real work that benefits India?

I say we scale back our engagement with washington and london by withdrawing people from there...let the pakis take it up...they need more of WB/IMF anyway.

we need to focus on asia, middle east and africa.
The appointments of all such termites need to be reviewed after may 16
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

hanumadu wrote:
chaanakya wrote: I think he was very clear and forthright in his answers. Did not obfuscate anything and how could he admit something which is not there in the first place. Are we assuming that he is guilty until proven innocent?? For once Arnab was speechless. If he did not know hindi and could not frame questions in english he should have spoken in Assamese , presumably his mother tongue.
+1. He is the most forth right and knowledgeable on real issues facing India like development.
not.

when asked if they would be talking to Pakistan in the face of continuing infiltration..... he basically agreed with arnabs thought.

but he said it in the most round about manner. indirectly.

of course on the points he disagreed with Arnab, he was even more not conceding an inch.

Arnab and the journos deserve it. they try to trap a lot.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Subbu swamy tweeting that NAC got wound up by MMS yesterday and that was his final act for UPA-2
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Yes it was
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I recall a old telugu movie where a man's sister marries a jarasandha type who makes her life hell. to take revenge he comes to live with them as a sort of semi-PA and take his taunts daily. he is always shirtless. secretly he swears revenge that he wont wear a shirt until jarasandha is destroyed. and he helps the hero to get his revenge...
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

mahadevbhu wrote:
hanumadu wrote: +1. He is the most forth right and knowledgeable on real issues facing India like development.
not.

when asked if they would be talking to Pakistan in the face of continuing infiltration..... he basically agreed with arnabs thought.

but he said it in the most round about manner. indirectly.

of course on the points he disagreed with Arnab, he was even more not conceding an inch.

Arnab and the journos deserve it. they try to trap a lot.
Let me quote you.
mahadevbhu wrote:modi is awesome at not giving his interviewers an inch. does not admit anything, obfuscates everything.... very diplomatic.
See the bolded part? And let me quote myself.
hanumadu wrote: He is the most forth right and knowledgeable on real issues facing India like development.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/lo ... 859854.cms

Water tight case on pappu. 3 months jail possible. Possible countermanding/reelection in Amethi looks likely
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

not gonna happen, maybe re-election might happen, but jail for pappu, no way
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

SaiK wrote:
ramana wrote:So Monday May 12th after polling in India, we can lock this thread and open a new one for the results thread....
thathstu
Nope, we need to have this NaMo thread reach 1000 pages - an all time record, and then only
"lock kar diya jai".
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Jhapad after jhapad after jhapad has been delivered to Hornob. You can see it in his body language. Totally non-confrontational and low pitch. None of the never ever never ever BS. Looks down and moves on. He was made to eat humble pie on TV.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

krishnan wrote:not gonna happen, maybe re-election might happen, but jail for pappu, no way
who knows. This could be preparations for 2019. Go to jail, garner sympathy....