Counter Propaganda

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vril
BRFite

Re: Counter Propaganda

Post by Vril »

Continuing from deterrence thread.

thoughts on counter propaganda, psy ops or dead straight warning.

just yesterday night was watching times now with arnab interviewing rtd ger(m)nail from pakistan and he straightaway started mouthing HR violations in Indian Occupied Kashmir!!! (arnab was actually laughing than countering him and my blood was boiling) this on an Indian national news channel. so gave me a thought. if GoI does not want to confront upfront, why not media take it up?? i mean arnabs, burkhas, sardesais could put themselves to good use atleast once by counter allegations of HR violations in POK, Baluchistan, KP and streets of lawhore, minorities ahmediyas etc everytime they invite some one from pakistan. this is not from GoI but from media. the intended message is given and you dont even have to wield the stick. That could work as deterrent :?:

similarly,little far stretched but what the hell,on nooklear threats from pakistan how they can press the button.

get someone from the armed forces or better still from strategic command, interview him on nook threats from pakistan and his response could be,"let anyone not be in any confusion, Indian armed forces will vapourise every square inch of enemy territory if they think they can threat India and get away". ofcourse then he can continue how India is a peace loving country and wants good relations with all its neighbours yada yada. but message to concerned parties is clear. know what you will face if you go nuclear way. That could work as deterrent :?:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vril wrote:
get someone from the armed forces or better still from strategic command, interview him on nook threats from pakistan and his response could be,"let anyone not be in any confusion, Indian armed forces will vapourise every square inch of enemy territory if they think they can threat India and get away". ofcourse then he can continue how India is a peace loving country and wants good relations with all its neighbours yada yada. but message to concerned parties is clear. know what you will face if you go nuclear way. That could work as deterrent :?:
The Takleef that Deepak Kapoor caused by just a hint is not enough then?
Vril
BRFite

Post by Vril »

^^ may be we need to repeat it more often.once is not enough for them i guess.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vril wrote:^^ may be we need to repeat it more often.once is not enough for them i guess.
My thoughts on this are here
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 14#p940914
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

No idea that Sajay had the same idea about the BL.Good to see that many are thinking along the same lines simultaneously.

Reg.POK,J&K etc.The best method is to first use the available historic and legal position ,J&K' accession to India,Pak's agression,UN resolution,'65,'71 and the Simla agreement,kargil,etc.,upto date.If I'm right,POK in Pak's constitution does not belong to Pak as well.We must emphasise that the cutrent disturbances are due to the terrorist proxy war being conducted by Pak and its ISI because democratic elections were held ushering in a new state govt.which Pak is trying to sabotage.Arresting several "Paki ISI agents" at regular intervals and a couple of revealing facts about who is leading the disturbances shouldn't pose too much of a problem for our state appratus.However,the propaganda war is a never ending one and at every opportunity we should expose Pak's perfidy to the world.The WikiLeaks have been a godsend opportunity for us to show the guplicity of Pak in its covert support for the Afghan Taliban attempting to overthrow the Karzai regime and that it is attempting to do the very same in J&K.

The GOI must now realise that the manner in which Pak is playing such devilish games,that it might be neccessary for India to teach Pak another military lesson,this time in POK.We shuld now plan for a campaign where we can make substantial gains on the ground in POK if pak persists in its attempts at burning the whole Valley.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

can someone comment on the BBC site today pls? i cannot do so from where i am
very one sided pro wahabbi propaganda re kashmir situation
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sanjaykumar wrote:The Dalai Lama as Indian president is a good example of successful propanda. I proposed this a few months ago and here it reprises, expropriated by the public. I do expect to see this in Indian media shortly.

Good propaganda is more propagandhi and less propagandu.

sanjay, Need to frame this in the pys-ops thread! Very good summary. Almost a proverb.