Infrastructure News & Discussion

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Re: Infrastructure News & Discussion

Post by kmkraoind »

Definitely a promising leader untouched by corruption and devotion for development of India.

Ride BRTS and save money: Modi

Ahmedabad received an early Diwali present this year when Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) in the city on Wednesday. At the function at the Dharnidhar bus stand, he appealed to the citizens of Ahmedabad to use to BRTS to do their bit to save the environment as well as money.

"There is no need to explain the concept of saving money by travelling by bus, to the citizens of Ahmedabad. This will also save fuel and save the city from pollution. There is a big difference between when 60 people drive scooters and when 60 people ride on a bus," Modi said.

At a time when crores of money are being spent on building airports and to run special trains, Gujarat has come up with modern public transport, the chief minister said. The citizens of Ahmedabad arrived at Chandranagar in thousands as Modi took a ride on a ride BRTS bus.

The chief minister termed the BRTS project as one for the common people. "Instead of building commercial complexes, we have used the land to build a transport system that can be used for rapid commuting,"
he said, adding, "There should be a limit to the negativity. The Congress cannot tolerate the development in Gujarat."

Modi also touched on the matter of funding for the BRTS project, on Wednesday. "We have invested around Rs9,000 crore for the 90-km-long BRTS project. The Centre has only given back the money that was paid by the people of Gujarat. It is unfortunate that those who have given only Rs5 crore to Rs15 crore for the project want to take credit for the entire work," he said.

Citing the example of the Kankaria and Sabarmati development projects, Modi asked why the Congress could not envisage such projects. "The Sabarmati riverfront development has the potential to become like Hong Kong,"
he said.

Kirit Solanki, MP from the Ahmedabad West, said that the state government has provided a model of mass transportation. "The cost of any project goes up by 30 to 40 per cent because of price hikes, while the central government has provided funds only on the basis of the estimated costs," he said.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^ any BRFites on location in Amdavad? Any reports on whether the BRTS sys is really as good as reported? TIA.

I hope it takes off and becomes a model for other metros to emulate.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

^^ BRTS will succeed in Ahmedabad. Some youtube videos should be uploaded soon. Ticketing system is electronic card entry system similar to used in West. It is only 12 km at the moment. But will be extended based on its success level. Modi is a visionary with 24k Gold and 0% corruption. "Yatha Raja Tatha Praja" Gujarati people look upto him and enthusiastically participate in every projects. When a leader is coloured in the colour of social service there is no way of going back. 2010 will be massive as Gujarat celetrates its 50 years and Ahmedabad needs to be ready for massive influx of tourists during that time. City cleaning contract is given to Japan and it is under implementation. It no longer waits for Centre to carry out policy study for a year, send a team another year, wait for another year to get file up and then take another year to implement the project. Every idea is nurtured, analyzed and implemented by Gujarat Government. Centre only pays partially as (most projects are public-private partnerships) or reads implementation reports or lucky few ones come to inagurate it. People cannot wait infinitely for development. There is also very good participation by NRG's in envisioning these ideas.
ss_roy
BRFite

Post by ss_roy »

I have a controversial idea.

The ability of people in different parts of India to make things work is inversely proportional to the extent of islamic influence in that region.

The key word is extent of influence, not duration.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

^^^^^ Substitute the word Earth for India and I would agree with you.
Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

Here is the link to Ahemdabad BRTS photos and updates. From the look of it, it surely looks like one of India's best public transportation system.
A bit photoshopped though.

Here are the originals pics.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 92&page=15
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Looks like there is an underground subway at the end of the bus stop.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

there is no underground subway but missle silo for bramos. So next time pakis try to do anything funny in ahmedabad, a*s fuq kiyani will get it :rotfl:
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

tsriram wrote:Looks like there is an underground subway at the end of the bus stop.
According to folks on SSC, there is no underground subway yet. There is a signal close to the Cycle track sign in the pic which is supposedly for crossing to the bus stop. I'm guessing there's one on the other side as well. Not the most elegant solution but lets see how it pans out.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

pandyan wrote:^^^ from the picture, did they create a separate lane just for BRTS? Also, how would the passengers go to the middle of the road to catch the bus....what am I missing? any first hand information?
I live in Ahmedabad. And my office to home auto-rickshaw drive is 8 km long, of which some 4 km fall along BRTS lines.

1. There are separate lanes for BRTS, and both are in the middle of the road !!

2. So when passengers from BRTS get down, they will be crossing road filled with heavy traffic to reach pedestrian walks.

3. And those who want to get into BRTS bus too will have to cross the road. So when bus is coming, the passangers who want to get into bus will be running and crossing the road to get on the BRTS bus stop !!

4. There may be some private vehicle trying to get into BRTS lane. To stop them, at every cross-road of BRTS and any other road, a traffic policeman or a BRTS employee stands on feet !! IOW, there are about 2-4 persons standing for every 1 km strech.

5. If very few people use BRTS buses, then it will be awful waste of road space. And if too many people decide to use BRTS, then number of passengers crossing the road to get on the BRTS buses will be so high that the traffic on the side roads will be slowed down halt, thereby worsening the whole traffic scene.

There is no scenario where-in BRTS would reduce the traffic problem. And compared to ordinary buses, it is a much worse solution. Money would have been better spent if some extra buses were bought and put on road.

vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Rahul Mehta wrote:2. So when passengers from BRTS get down, they will be crossing road filled with heavy traffic to reach pedestrian walks.

3. And those who want to get into BRTS bus too will have to cross the road. So when bus is coming, the passangers who want to get into bus will be running and crossing the road to get on the BRTS bus stop !!

5. If very few people use BRTS buses, then it will be awful waste of road space. And if too many people decide to use BRTS, then number of passengers crossing the road to get on the BRTS buses will be so high that the traffic on the side roads will be slowed down halt, thereby worsening the whole traffic scene.
This article says that foot overbridges with escalators are planned. Would that not solve this particular problem?
Foot-overbridges with escalators will be built, and plans are on to lease out space on top of the foot-overbridges to coffee shops or jewellery retailers.
But it does look like they have acted in haste to make it operational if the overbridges are not yet built.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

This article says that foot overbridges with escalators are planned. Would that not solve this particular problem?

Foot-overbridges with escalators will be built, and plans are on to lease out space on top of the foot-overbridges to coffee shops or jewellery retailers.

But it does look like they have acted in haste to make it operational if the overbridges are not yet built.
Aside : It would be a good idea to have a separate thread on BRTS.

So far, there is no overbridge or tunnel to cross the road. Dunno when they will start building it and finish it. At intersection, the BRTS buses merge with regular traffic, and then go in their lane again. Due to BRTS, the flyovers built along BRTS lanes are "split" - one flyover for traffic going in one direction and a parallel separate flyover for traffic in opposite direction. So they worsen the traffic problem at those intersection. One needs to compare money spent on BRTS with equivalent number of buses that can be bought and footpaths that can be built.

When BRST started, BRST claimed that frequency of BRTS would be one bus every five minutes during rush hours. If that ever happens, roads will be filled with miseries. If one bus comes every 5 minutes, then some 10 passengers will be getting down and 10 will getting up at each stop. So some 20 passengers will walk from middle road to footpaths, there by slowing the traffic down on those lanes as well as risking their lives and limbs.

=====

Not related with BRTS, but related with traffic is one important issue : Footpaths. I am ardent follower of the religion named as "pedestarianism" i.e. while making roads etc highest priority should be given to pedestrians. This would mean less space for parking, wider footpaths, putting camera on streets to catch and prosecute hawkers, forcing a rigid speed limit on vehicles, enforcing "No turn on red", making interactions edges square rather than round edges (round edge interaction enable turn on red, and thus favor vehicles and unfavor pedestrians) etc. The existing regimes support vehicle-owner-ism i.e. vehicle-owners should favored and pedestrians should left at the mercy of the vehicle owners. So existing regimes have demolished many footpaths and made car parking on them, and existing regimes also promote parking vehicles on footpaths so that vehicle owners are comfortable. We need to kick such pro-vehicle-owner people out of administration and put pro-footpath people in the administration. How? OST.

[Aside : I might contest for municipal election, and one of my plank is to get rid of this brain dead BRTS scheme and instead go for usual buses plus foothpaths, along with imp issues like improving municipal schools. ]
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

In Hyderabad, traffic starts flowing on India’s longest flyover
The 11.633 km long PVNR Expressway, named after former Prime Minister P.V. Narasimha Rao, connects the Mehdipatnam area in the city to the Hyderabad-Bangalore national highway (NH 7) en route to the international airport.
In a move aimed at ensuring fast and smooth traffic on Expressway, the Hyderabad and Cyberabad police have prohibited entry of two-wheelers, three-wheelers, all types of goods vehicles and slow-moving vehicles.

Since the down and up ramps are yet to be completed, the motorists will have to be careful while getting on to the Expressway as they will not be able to get down before covering the entire distance. However, median gaps have been provided at three points as a temporary measure for emergency U-turns.
Abhijeet
BRFite

Post by Abhijeet »

I stayed in a Ginger hotel last weekend. Very positive experience overall; we need thousands of these kind of Motel 6/Best Western style hotels all over the country. Some impressions:

- The room was excellent. It reminded me of hotel rooms in Japan - small but well designed, very aesthetic, and functional. The wood looked like blond wood which is rare in India. There was a small LCD TV.

- Check in was efficient, lots of seating for lounging in the lobby, and there was a Landmark and Cafe Coffee Day on the premises with free room service. In many years of travel I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel with Starbucks offering free room service.

- They had cheap breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. They were severely understaffed here and items used to run out continuously. This seems to be their weakest point.

- A kiosk in the lobby showed their current and upcoming hotels. They had printouts of places to see in the area.

- They were on a small plot but they had a decent amount of parking (which was almost always full) and good landscaping.

Overall, this seems too good to be true for an Indian hotel. I really hope they are doing well and that the usual suspects (Reliance, Bharti etc) rush to create their own hotel chains.

They should really do a couple of things:

- Not position themselves as a "budget" hotel. We were almost put off by this and thinking about whether we should stay here, but had no choice on the busy Diwali weekend. All the facilities we saw at the hotel (Landmark, CCD etc) are definitely not aimed at the budget traveler, and they seemed to be trying to target business travelers based on some advertising within the hotel itself. The other people we saw at the hotel were also definitely upper-middle to upper class, not budget travelers. They should make this clear on their website and other marketing material.

- Franchise hard. I think all the current hotels are company-run. For a moderately-priced hotel chain, I think they will need to figure out how to franchise while keeping up quality if they are to expand quickly from 20 hotels (which is all they have currently) to the 5000+ we need. Of course, I don't know if their business is profitable enough that they are even interested in doing this.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Abhijeet, thanks for the great review of the Tata Ginger hotel chain. Sounds very promising indeed. Have you considered sending them this feedback directly ? They might be able to provide additional information about your suggestions.
Abhijeet
BRFite

Post by Abhijeet »

I found this year-old report that talks about Ginger planning to expand to 70 hotels by 2011, and has the names of a few other companies that were planning to enter this segment. This is from before the Oct 2008 meltdown so things could have changed since then.

Tata's Ginger Hotel Chain To Sell Stake To PE Funds
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

ashish raval wrote:^^ BRTS will succeed in Ahmedabad. Some youtube videos should be uploaded soon. Ticketing system is electronic card entry system similar to used in West. It is only 12 km at the moment. But will be extended based on its success level. Modi is a visionary with 24k Gold and 0% corruption. "Yatha Raja Tatha Praja" Gujarati people look upto him and enthusiastically participate in every projects. When a leader is coloured in the colour of social service there is no way of going back. 2010 will be massive as Gujarat celetrates its 50 years and Ahmedabad needs to be ready for massive influx of tourists during that time. City cleaning contract is given to Japan and it is under implementation. It no longer waits for Centre to carry out policy study for a year, send a team another year, wait for another year to get file up and then take another year to implement the project. Every idea is nurtured, analyzed and implemented by Gujarat Government. Centre only pays partially as (most projects are public-private partnerships) or reads implementation reports or lucky few ones come to inagurate it. People cannot wait infinitely for development. There is also very good participation by NRG's in envisioning these ideas.
Are you sure that NaMo has given cleaning contract to foreigners?

Which Japanese company is this?

Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

More on Ahemdabad BRTS.

Commendable work IMO. Mumbai should learn something from this.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

The Mumbai BRTS (Largely proposed along the Western and Eastern Express Highway) has gotten off to a bad start with the Corrupt BEST honchos opting to buy Chinese Junk King Long Buses when they had the option of buying VOLVO or atleast the TATA STARBUS.
manish
BRFite

Post by manish »

Vipul wrote:The Mumbai BRTS (Largely proposed along the Western and Eastern Express Highway) has gotten off to a bad start with the Corrupt BEST honchos opting to buy Chinese Junk King Long Buses when they had the option of buying VOLVO or atleast the TATA STARBUS.
Vipulji, doesn't NMMT use Volvo B7RLEs? It is indeed unfortunate that our Financial Capital chose to emulate the Chinese in the one way it shouldn't have. Although I am no expert, I have seen that several southern bus operators who had rushed to buy these buses 4-5yrs ago seem to have given up on them. Used to see some of them around Madiwala in BLR plying between BLR-CHN.

I also heard on Team BHP that AL is supplying Chinese buses to DTC for their share of the JNNURM order. IIRC these were being assembled in Alwar.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

NMMT has bought 5 Volvo's in a trial order and i hope they buy more.Its galling that the BMC has utilized JNNRUM funds to buy the Chinese buses assembled by CERITA. They are buying a 1,000 of these junk.
If true, its really surprising about AL supplying Chinese buses to the DTC.They has a couple of low floor models developed in-house and those are the one's i thought they were supplying (about 850 of them if i remember it right).
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

wasnt Marco polo buses (brazil?) being tried out somewhere. said to be low cost vs volvo
but decent enough?

I guess one gets what one pays for in these matters.

pic of tata-marcopolo bus in india.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... hi_bus.jpg
manish
BRFite

Post by manish »

Singha wrote:wasnt Marco polo buses (brazil?) being tried out somewhere. said to be low cost vs volvo
but decent enough?

I guess one gets what one pays for in these matters.

pic of tata-marcopolo bus in india.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... hi_bus.jpg
They are being bought in huge numbers in Delhi to spruce up DTC in time for CWG 2010. Two flavors exist - a green one that is non-AC and a red one that has AC. I have travelled in the green variety and they are pretty nice, although they are not quite at the Volvo levels in terms of fit and finish, refinement and quality. The example I had used last year had windshields with 'Made In Brazil' etched on it, so it must have been one of the earliest machines.

IIRC now they are built in a spanking new factory in Dharwad, Karnataka. They offered them to BMTC as well, but were rejected after trials. Recently I have heard that a couple of hundred will be bought by BMTC under JNNURM. Apparently the Marcopolos cost ~55 lakhs against ~80 lakhs for the Volvo B7RLE buses. The BMTC has said that it ultimately plans to deploy 1000 of those and I think they already own several hundred.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Vipul wrote:The Mumbai BRTS (Largely proposed along the Western and Eastern Express Highway) has gotten off to a bad start with the Corrupt BEST honchos opting to buy Chinese Junk King Long Buses when they had the option of buying VOLVO or atleast the TATA STARBUS.
Add to that the BEST and NMTC (?) Navi Mumbai Transport corporation are having a massive fight with each other. Both are refusing each other's buses access to their depots. So the BEST King Long can't pick up passengers from Navi Mumbai depots and the NMTC Volvos cant do the same in Mumbai BEST depots. Rumor has it that the issue started since people prefer the Volvos over the King Longs and are flocking to the NMTC service rather than BEST

Its sad to see BEST falter.. it has been the one example of a well run public corporation throughout these years: provided (and still does) good service, a benchmark for others. Just another sign of Mumbai's decline.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

In other news, Mumbai has already announced a 15% cut and an additional 15% cut to water supply soon. Coming so soon after the rainy season (where all lakes overflowed) is shocking. The reason being given is supposedly "there is lots of wastage with water being lost". So the way to tackle it is water cuts?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Recently I have heard that a couple of hundred will be bought by BMTC under JNNURM.

I think a lot of them are entering service now. BMTC is replacing huge nos of old buses
with "vajra" volvos and these marco polos (non AC green version but very spacious,
low floor and nice bucket seats) labelled JNURM.

they are starting to become a common sight now on main routes.

one of the KSRTC complaints wrt B7R is the rather high cost of spare parts. some of
roads like Shirdi ghat road to mangalore are notorious for causing wear and tear to
vehicles.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

BMC works on calculating what level of cuts will be optimum to ensure water supply till the onset of the next monsoon.IIRC they have set a date of June 20 for determining the levels.
BMC of late has started a programme to replace the old pipelines (Some of them are 100 yrs old) with underground tunnels to avoid the leaks and also illegal connections in the slums adjoining the pipleline route.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Singha wrote:they are starting to become a common sight now on main routes.
Quite true. Bengaluru has a sizeable number of VOLVOs plying on the suburban routes and they are having a good number of passengers. BMTC also deployed many of these Volvos to the IT Park part of the city and it is becoming quite popular. Many of the IT-wallahs have now started using these Volvos instead of the company transport provided ;).

Volvo-style buses seems to be catching up. Even the "Soviet Socialist Republic of Kerala" has decided to get a few of them in Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi. But really don't know how many Harthals and Bandhs the poor buses can survive :(.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Sachin, so you don't know what happened to JNNRUM buses?

The city council want to torpedo it, because of the private bus lobby. KSRTC want to operate it because they think it is their right. There is no place to park the buses, let alone to garage etc. So, there is fight going back and forth.

Then as a big blessing, the election came, so things got postponed. The buses allocated to Cochin were moved to TVM, making THEM happy.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Sachin wrote:
Singha wrote:they are starting to become a common sight now on main routes.
Quite true. Bengaluru has a sizeable number of VOLVOs plying on the suburban routes and they are having a good number of passengers. BMTC also deployed many of these Volvos to the IT Park part of the city and it is becoming quite popular. Many of the IT-wallahs have now started using these Volvos instead of the company transport provided ;).
This is what I heard from some of my friends too. There are quite a few volvo buses to electronic city on hosur road. It seems BMTC is in talks with the private IT companies there which already operate their own buses/vans to get their employees to use BMTC buses instead of each of them operating their own. My friends were happy with the service too, and said the reach of BMTC and their schedules are making them more popular.

BMTC/KSRTC has been quite proactive in getting good buses and improving efficiency over the last 5-6 years, and are making a decent profit too. Hopefully, they will continue along same lines!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the Noida metro was finally inaugurated this week.
- hordes of people including kids jumped down into the tracks
- UP CM had a snack party with catering done inside one of the carriages

the separate line from ghaziabad is expected to be started in Jan2010. the noida
line seem to fork away from that after crossing the yamuna near a humayun tomb
on west bank.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^ How many Humayun tombs are there in Dilli? :-?

I remember riding the Dilli metro free for a whole day after the TFPE ticketing machines blinked out during the inauguration week :mrgreen: The train drivers at that time used to be PYTs...is the hallowed practice still in effect??
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

Singha wrote:the Noida metro was finally inaugurated this week.
- hordes of people including kids jumped down into the tracks
- UP CM had a snack party with catering done inside one of the carriages

the separate line from ghaziabad is expected to be started in Jan2010. the noida
line seem to fork away from that after crossing the yamuna near a humayun tomb
on west bank.
People jumping on tracks was on a day before official start of metro services from noida city centre.
Beating DMRCs estimate of about 53000 people using metro in 2011,around 1 lakh people :P choose to use metro on the very first day itself.
DMRC officials said more than one lakh people travelled on the Metro both on Friday and Saturday generating a revenue of Rs 18 and 19 lakh respectively.
link

Noida stations are still missing outer finishings as metro services are started early to meet trade fair(IITF) deadline of 14th nov although it will be open for public from 19th.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Final alignment for Chennai Metro completed
“The final alignment of the Chennai Metro Rail is complete and all projects which were stalled because of the Metro Rail Project alignment can now go ahead,” said V. Somasundaram, Chief General Manager, Chennai Metro Rail Ltd.
Haresh
BRFite

In modern India, 600 million lack lavatories

Post by Haresh »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatn ... ories.html

Is this problem being tacled with urgency or is the western press just exagerating??
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: In modern India, 600 million lack lavatories

Post by Suraj »

Haresh wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatn ... ories.html

Is this problem being tacled with urgency or is the western press just exagerating??
Literally a drain inspection report :)
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

Delhi Metro ferries over 1 bn passengers
"With the massive expansion in the last seven years, the number of people who have availed Delhi Metro services till date touched a record 1,014,955,894 on Thursday,'' said a DMRC spokesperson.

On November 24, Delhi Metro recorded its highest-ever ridership during the India International Trade Fair (IITF) when about 10.29 lakh commuters used the services on a single day. As riderships are far exceeding DMRC's own projects over 1 lakh commuters are using the Noida line on date as against the projection of about 53,000 commuters for 2012, the problem of crowding in trains is becoming more and more acute.

Metro undecided on Anand Vihar launch
DMRC had earlier decided to open the 6.17-kilometre Yamuna Bank-Anand Vihar ISBT section in December 2009. But the sudden surge in ridership after the opening of the Noida section has forced a rethink.

"Noida section has added almost double the number of passengers than we were expecting," a senior Delhi metro official said, requesting anonymity. "The opening of Anand Vihar line will add more passengers on this line." The Anand Vihar section will branch off from the Dwarka­Noida line at Yamuna Bank. According to DMRC officials, over one lakh passengers are expected to travel on this line every day.

The DMRC had planned to start this section with three trains. DMRC officials now admit three trains may not be enough.

More than 4.3 lakh commuters use the metro every day.
The 47.1-kilometre DwarkaNoida line is the most crowded.
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

Stadium in Greater Noida
The Jaypee group will be constructing a state-of-the-art cricket stadium in Greater Noida. The work is expected to be completed by 2011. The BCCI vice-president and UPCA secretary Rajeev Shukla said that the state association would be taking the ground on a 50-year-lease.

“The stadium will be located at the Gautam Buddha Nagar in Greater Noida. It will have a gymnasium, swimming pool and a club house. We also plan to have an academy. Once completed in 2011, we can have IPL matches and even ODIs at this venue,” Shukla added.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^^^

I am not against Cricket, but wish this money is spent in building a stadium for other sports instead of Cricket.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

RamaY wrote:^^^

I am not against Cricket, but wish this money is spent in building a stadium for other sports instead of Cricket.
The state association is paying for it, they aren't getting it for free. If they can pay for it, they should get it.

Why cant other sports and their supporters turn around their game, market it properly and make their own money instead of constantly whining about cricket and trying to freeload of money generated by cricket and it's own fans.

This is not a communist state, so sports should be run properly and work towards success, or they should be wiped out.