Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - IV

Post by Singha »

^^ still in rehab.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Hitesh wrote:Ok then why do you attack American indians for voting for HRC? You shouldn't be criticizing those people for electing HRC. It is not your fight. Stay out of it.
It would be good if Indian Americans were to at the least use the correct term for their own community.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Right..stop using "Indian" to profile yourself....then we'll watch the fun with one liners on late night comedy shows
Last edited by Paul on 23 Nov 2016 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Warning to Trump on Economy

Stockman: I see a 'fiscal blood bath' ahead
http://finance.yahoo.com/video/stockman ... 00919.html
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

TSJones wrote:
the failure of the dollar as a reserve currency will have far reaching consequences that even India will not be able to insulate itself frpm.

again, Modi has decided what his course action will be and that includes increasing trade with the US and also with others, The US is key to his plan.

so what is with this hoped for fascination with the failure of the US dollar?

the answer is........ignorance.
Gleefully watching, yes.
Hoping that USD would fail, no.
I'm a compassionate person.
:D
Anyway, USD needs to stay stronk, just so India... err Modiji can realize his plan for India ?
How kind, And touching. :lol:

http://www.worldstopexports.com/indias- ... -partners/

How much of that 40 or so billion would get washed down, once USD gets flushed down ?
Would India's economy cease to exist moments after ?
No ?
So, what're all the other dynamics that would continue holding her up ?
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

How much of that 40 or so billion would get washed down, once USD gets flushed down ?
No ?
well, let me see here,,,,,,,let me count the ways.....ok, here ya go.....

1. currency controls for the New Dollar.

a. over 50% of dollar cash is over seas. kiss that good bye.

b. no more NRI renittances back to India. there will be a restrictive cap on these transactions.

c. new dollars will be restricted to purchase imports from India and other countries. china will take one for the team in the cojones as well.

2. no more chi chi IT jobs in the US for foreigners. that *may be* restricted regardless of currency failure. we'll have to wait and see.

3. like everyone else's currency which is not reserve status hard assets will reign supreme in the US.

historically, when the US catches a financial cold the rest if the world gets pneumonia. and we'll have to wait and see if its true also.

4. oh yes, food production may take a hit.

5. oil likes to be paid in dollars. that will be no good. better get euros and yen.
Last edited by TSJones on 23 Nov 2016 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Indian real estate prices may come down in some places like AP wherein NRIs invested heavily. :mrgreen:
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Arjun wrote:
GShankar wrote: However, per my read, the situation for H1b and GC applicants, especially from India has been getting more and more difficult relative to others.
Is this reflected in number of visas / GCs issued to Indians every year ? The published trends seem to indicate approvals to Indians on the rise...but of course demand for these visas is probably increasing at a disproportionate rate.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... s_2014.pdf

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... s_2015.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/fil ... ort-14.pdf
No. of visas issued is in the rise because the no. of visas applies by indians is on the rise as well. However what i meant by "more and more difficult" is that h1b criteria has been tightened and cost increased primarily targeting us. We are being targeted because we are the primary beneficiaries.

w.r.t to GC, all categories for Indians - be it family or employment based, Indians are having the longest waits compared to everyone else.

And I am especially saying, things didn't improve a bit for 8 years under bomber. H4-EAD did happen though in the place of handing over more GCs. A temporary solution.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

If he targets the H1-B abusers and L-1 visa fraud that most IT firms seem to do then what is wrong? He would be doing right by his country.
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

TSJones wrote:
No ?
well, let me see here,,,,,,,let me count the ways.....ok, here ya go.....

1. currency controls for the New Dollar.

a. over 50% of dollar cash is over seas. kiss that good bye.

b. no more NRI renittances back to India. there will be a restrictive cap on these transactions.

c. new dollars will be restricted to purchase imports from India and other countries. china will take one for the team in the cojones as well.

2. no more chi chi IT jobs in the US for foreigners. that *may be* restricted regardless of currency failure. we'll have to wait and see.

3. like everyone else's currency which is not reserve status hard assets will reign supreme in the US.

historically, when the US catches a financial cold the rest if the world gets pneumonia. and we'll have to wait and see if its true also.

4. oh yes, food production may take a hit.

5. oil likes to be paid in dollars. that will be no good. better get euros and yen.
1a. Is 100% of that 50% overseas USD in India ?
Nope.

1b. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remittances_to_India
This is independent of the 'dead' USD, 'remittance life' moves on with whatever currency that takes its place.

1c. Again, this is independent of dead or alive USD.
You refuse to trade, quality of Murican life suffers, end of story.

2. We shall see indeed.

3. India has plenty, plenty gold !! :D

4. Who's ?

5. That Is what many wanted anyway, Qadaffi, remember ?? :lol:
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Not sure others got this for signing the petition to declare pakistan as a terrorist state. Due to filtering, this has been in some folder where I did not notice for a while.

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

YELLOW JAARNAALISM :(( :((

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... e-country/
President-elect Donald Trump didn’t rule out allowing the investigation of Hillary Clinton to continue, but signaled that he would rather move forward, than revisit her crimes.

“I’m not looking to go back through this,” he explained to reporters at the New York Times offices on Tuesday.

When asked if he was taking prosecution off of the table, Trump said “no,” but he appeared eager to move on.

“My inclination would be for whatever power I have on the matter is to say let’s go forward,” he said. “This has been looked at for so long, ad nauseum.“

Trump argued against prosecuting the Clintons, suggesting that it would be better for the country and his administration if they moved on.

“I think it would be very, very divisive for the country,” he said.

Trump appeared to show sympathy for the Clintons, and even suggested that their foundation did good work around the world.

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” he said. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.”

When asked if his supporters would be disappointed by the news, Trump argued that they would likely understand.

“I think I will explain it that we in many ways will save our country,” he said.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

moar yellow

http://www.infowars.com/trump-goes-high ... in-prison/
Donald Trump has no formal plans to pursue charges against his former opponent Hillary Clinton, the president elect’s spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway stated Tuesday.

Instead, Conway said, it would be more productive for the Trump team to help Hillary “heal,” :(( :(( as she is viewed as untrustworthy by many Americans:
and the comments sections is a :rotfl:

-Trump!!! Facking LIAR!!!! Protecting Goddamned pedophiles! Fack you Trump you son of a whore!!!!

-I want her fit to be executed. Do you hear, shadows? This is your audience speaking and we want blood! Besides this will put a good scare into everybody else, I would think executing about 90lbs of old hideous hag would set the new tone nicely.

and some brfite level ahead of curve thinking-

He said "Hillary" not "the Clintons". Clever
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ivanka has been using the television coverage of the first debate to promote an item of jewellery she was seen to be wearing from her fashion line

extra terrestrials landed in rural NY state and took a shadowy old woman away in a flashing spacecraft, she was heard to be ranting deliriously about 'vengeance' and 'take me home'

one state in the US automatically enrols people into the electoral roll if they apply for a state driving license in accordance with federal law thereby negating politically motivated local laws preventing members of some minority groups from enrolling for voting

one of the above statements is not true... can our esteemed readers pick it out?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

SF examiner:
By Michael Barba on November 23, 2016 1:00 am

Immigration attorneys in the San Francisco Bay Area are attempting to prevent the private information of young, undocumented people from falling into the hands of the federal government in anticipation of the Donald Trump administration.

Reacting to the anti-immigrant fervor spurred by Trump’s presidential campaign, Amanda Alvarado-Ford and other immigration attorneys have temporarily stopped processing new applications for undocumented immigrants to receive work permits through a federal policy called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

“We’re worried that Trump is going to take the names and addresses of these young people … and turn them over to [U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement] and get them deported,” said Alvarado-Ford, an attorney with Mission District-based La Raza Centro Legal.

DACA allows noncitizen young people to receive temporary relief from the risk of deportation and instead the opportunity to work for two years on a renewable basis.

Since it was created through an executive order from President Barack Obama in 2012, Trump has the power to rescind DACA on his first day in office. The president-elect has pledged to “cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama” on Day 1.

Trump also said he plans to deport millions and cut federal funding for sanctuary cities that protect undocumented immigrants from federal immigration authorities, but DACA is particularly vulnerable because it is an executive order.

“Because DACA is a policy, it can just be simply undone with a stroke of a pen,” said Sara Feldman, project director with the Immigration Legal Resource Center.

Almost 750,000 undocumented immigrants have received work permits through DACA as of June 30, according to the most recent data available from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Most of those people — nearly 600,000 — immigrated from Mexico, and 214,132 lived in California.

“Filling out the DACA application, you kind of out yourself and your entire family through all the questions that are asked,” said Manuel, an undocumented San Francisco State University student who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of deportation.

Manuel was speaking at a news conference last Thursday where Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom called on higher education systems in California to protect the information of undocumented students.

DACA is for people who were under 16 years old when they entered the country illegally before 2007.

Those who file initial DACA applications before December are not likely to have their applications processed until after Trump’s first day, raising concern that a DACA would never be granted and the information instead used to streamline the deportation efforts.

While the La Raza Centro Legal will still process resubmissions for those who have previously received DACA — the process is faster and the information is also already in the possession of the federal government — Alvarado-Ford said she will not submit DACAs for first-time applicants until December at the earliest.

“We just have to wait now and figure out what actually happens when he gets into office,” Alvarado-Ford said.

The grassroots organization is just one of several immigrant law organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area that is no longer processing initial DACA applications, according to Alvarado-Ford.

The Immigrant Legal Resource Center, which does not work directly with undocumented immigrants but with organizations that do, is also advising its partners to avoid processing initial DACAs because “it doesn’t seem that the benefits would outweigh the risks,” Feldman said.

Maria, another undocumented student at San Francisco State University who spoke at the news conference, said she came to the country when she was 7 and expressed concerns over DACA being rescinded.

“Getting DACA was really important to me because I was able to go to college and afford it,” Maria said. “With the election … it was really scary thinking I’m halfway done with school and it could be taken away from me.”

Donald Trump, Amanda Alvarado Ford, Immigration Legal Resource Center, San Francisco Bay area, U.S., San Francisco State University, President Barack Obama, Sara Feldman, Immigration Services, Immigrant Legal Resource Center, California, Gavin Newsom
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

how does this unaccompanied minor illegal immigrant thing work? its hard to adults to make the crossing of the border and cover enough distance to make it into safe houses and transporters arranged by the smugglers...how are children even <10 yrs able to achieve this miraculous feat of not only crossing the border but going to school and making a new life?

are the smugglers contracted to deliver them to relatives who are already inside ? do they travel with relatives and friends rather than parents and then apply for some sanctuary once inside?

things must be pretty bad in central america and mehico if some people are willing to let go of their kids for years and years to seek a new life in amrika.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

I don't understand Mexico/mahico. For a country that was next door neighbour to the largest 'forced' consumer market in the world. It has done rather poorly for itself. Thousands of kms away China, Japan, Vietnam, S. Korea, even India have tremendously enriched themselves and billions of people in the process with trade from U.S.A and this relatively small mahico is still not out of the woods yet, despite being the nearest neighbour to the largest consumer market.

I am not saying that it is entirely the fault of Mahico that this situation has come to pass, some amount of it must be credited to american politicians and secret services and their cultivating criminals in mahico and subverting the law&order system there for their own ends and to facilitate drug trade and the violent non-system in Mahico just took over from there. But still they could always take their country back, invest in sciences and technology and invest more in their population. It seems they failed terribly somewhere.
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

One wonders why the US' UN amby is usually a woman. Seems to be a figure-head job who reads the lines sent by Washington.

Almost like India's minister for Hajj must be a Muslim (if ever such a post existed)

US have zero regard for the UN, and correctly so then why would NamrataJi give up her governor's job for this?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the children are essentially trafficked across for a fee, its a big industry
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

I get an impression that many Catholic societies under metamorphosis (due to modernity) have lost the anchor. An India without our culture would be unbelievably hostile place to live. Narcotics truly destroys societies.

Compare a middle class chawl in Mumbai with the inner city parts of Mexico city; physical infrastructure in the latter is far higher (including better connectivity, calorific value of food intake, etc.) but raising children in that neighborhood can be many times more dangerous.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

buses missed by mehico:

the japan bus: commoditization of large number of gadgets.
the korea bus: mobile phones business and related gadgets.
the china bus: small manufacturing and replacement of japanese supply of gadgets.
the vietnam bus: garments, textiles and ancillary manufacturing.
the India bus: software, raw material, IT services sector.
the Euro bus: auto manufacturing + IT manufacturing + high-end boutique stuff
the Singapore bus: backoffice + high end IT + investment banking hub
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote: things must be pretty bad in central america and mehico if some people are willing to let go of their kids for years and years to seek a new life in amrika.
Central America is a killing fields now. Honduras was murder capital or something.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

Download & watch from below if youtube link not available in your region.
http://keepvid.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... KOb-kmOgpI
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

devesh wrote:A Jewish perspective on Keith Ellison and the potential direction of American leftism:

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-an ... #pq=imrWbX

Ellison is an outright Islamist who has become the darling of American "progressives". The American Left is well on its way to becoming an extension of global islamism.
ya allaha.. anything Hindu is bad for these liberals... the author cant hide his hatred..
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Paul wrote:Children will face unfiltered racism in schools and parks. No matter how much we shut the outside world out we cannot fence our children from taunts and jeers from rhetoric.

Something for American Indians to think about....
My friend from college has married a wasp lady as his wife. Nice lady.. a prof in law school. She was very concerned with this issues. Her kids (of mixed WASP and India race) were apparently at the receiving end of this behavior in a public place.... in the heart of Mormon land in khanland
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Singha wrote: a high performing friend of mine in netz who was on H1 there (7th yr) abandoned his GC recently and r2Ied with his expecting wife. he said with eb2 current date being 2009(?) he was looking at some 7 more years of tension and being on a hook with periodic layoffs in KB. he burned his regimental flag and moved back, his family is on west coast here and he is happy.
moi on h-1b forever.. once r21 to india to take up job in ngo working on hiv/aids. then r2 usa.. for last few years happily shuttling to usa from bharatha every 2-3 months for 2-3 wks at a time. have 2 part time positions..

Since I have cleared I-148 (is that the correct term) am eligible for unlimited h-1 renewals.. i think i am happy in current state than getting gc.. apparently once u get a gc u are supposed spend 6 m in khaland at a stretch which to me would be difficult (under current circumstances)..

Luckily for me i am a hakim - we are in great demand in khanland and that is one reason why i feel confident spending shutting so often to khanland.

let us see what donald daadas rule brings :roll:
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

From NYT.
“I think you’ll be happy, I think you’ll be happy.”
That was President-elect Donald Trump, talking to a group of Times journalists yesterday about his views on the First Amendment.

The real issue, of course, is not whether journalists are happy. (We’re not exactly a popular bunch with most Americans.) The issue is whether the next president and his administration plan to remain faithful to the Constitution.

And there are reasons to worry. During the campaign, Trump referred to the reporters covering him as “scum” and said that he wanted to “open up” libel laws to make it easier to sue media companies for unfavorable coverage.
He is also part of a small group of wealthy Americans who have tried to intimidate journalists with lawsuits, as my colleague Emily Bazelon writes for The Times Magazine. “Once installed in the White House, Trump will have a wider array of tools at his disposal,” Bazelon writes, “and his record suggests that, more than his predecessors, he will try to use the press — and also control and subdue it.”

All of this is alarming. No matter how good or bad any individual piece of journalism or publication is, a free press is crucial to a functioning democracy. “Our liberty,” as Thomas Jefferson said, “cannot be guarded but by the freedom of the press, nor that be limited without danger of losing it.”

As it happens, Jefferson isn’t the only famous populist from an agrarian state who has eloquently made the case for a free press. There is another — named Mike Pence.
In a bit of history that’s been partly forgotten, Pence — now the vice president-elect, then a member of Congress — co-sponsored a bill about a decade ago to create a so-called shield law. Had it passed, the bill would have protected journalists from being dragged into court to reveal anonymous sources. Pence decided to push the bill after reading a Times editorial criticizing the jailing of Judith Miller, a former Times reporter, according to the Columbia Journalism Review.

Pence was quite clear that he often didn’t like what he read in the media, too. He bemoaned “bad news bias.” But he also understood that there were more important principles.

“Our founders did not put the freedom of the press in the First Amendment because they got good press — quite the opposite was true,” he said. Like them, though, he believed in “the public good that a free and independent press represents” because it allowed citizens to “make informed decisions,” he said.

It’s not clear how much of a free-press defender Pence remains. Either way, vice presidents generally yield to presidents. But he does seem to have instincts that his boss would benefit from hearing.

I thought of his shield-law history last weekend, after the much-hyped incident when Pence was booed by the crowd at “Hamilton.” Trump took to Twitter to demand an apology from the cast. Pence, in the moment, had a different reaction: He turned to his daughter inside the theater and said, “That’s what freedom sounds like.”
The full Opinion report from The Times follows, including Frank Bruni, Ross Douthat, Tom Friedman and the Times editorial board on yesterday's session with Trump.
Today's Op-Ed page also includes a piece from M. Gregg Bloche urging C.I.A. doctors to refuse to participate in any future torture of prisoners.

David Leonhardt
Op-Ed Columnist
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

manju wrote:
Singha wrote: a high performing friend of mine in netz who was on H1 there (7th yr) abandoned his GC recently and r2Ied with his expecting wife. he said with eb2 current date being 2009(?) he was looking at some 7 more years of tension and being on a hook with periodic layoffs in KB. he burned his regimental flag and moved back, his family is on west coast here and he is happy.
moi on h-1b forever.. once r21 to india to take up job in ngo working on hiv/aids. then r2 usa.. for last few years happily shuttling to usa from bharatha every 2-3 months for 2-3 wks at a time. have 2 part time positions..

Since I have cleared I-148 (is that the correct term) am eligible for unlimited h-1 renewals.. i think i am happy in current state than getting gc.. apparently once u get a gc u are supposed spend 6 m in khaland at a stretch which to me would be difficult (under current circumstances)..

Luckily for me i am a hakim - we are in great demand in khanland and that is one reason why i feel confident spending shutting so often to khanland.

Manju, I am on similar situation to yours but no hakim, me.

On h1b for 14th year. Have I-140 (not 148) and get unlimited extensions. Thankfully my previous employer who got this to me has not revoked it since 2010.

R2I has been in mind for several years. Will have to see if DT expedites the decision.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

During the campaign, Hillary mentioned that she would invest in retraining of the coal miners. I wonder what new skill set is she going to get.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Brietbart took a solid swipe at the Donald for declining to prosecute Hillary. As did many alt-rights
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

GShankar wrote: On h1b for 14th year. Have I-140 (not 148) and get unlimited extensions. Thankfully my previous employer who got this to me has not revoked it since 2010.

R2I has been in mind for several years. Will have to see if DT expedites the decision.

Saar, once 6 months passed (after 140 approval) the employer can't revoke 140.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

^^ These are new regulations (circa 2016 I think). Not even sure if they are approved or not. My I-140 was approved in 2010 and I left job in 2012. Thus thankful for that employer.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

I have friends waiting from 2009ish. Its a big ffffn joke and ombaba, it seems, shafted them royally.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

after reading in depth the events in damascus and the near overthrow of the assad govt on multiple occasions,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rif_Dim ... e_campaign
it finally clicked in place what HC was up to in her Secy of state term 2009-2013.

firstly lets note that the scale of mayhem unleashed in syria, by various groups could not be done overnight in 2011, it needed some 1-2 years of prep and lots of external help from all countries surrounding syria like israel, jordan, KSA, turkiye ...

secondly lets note that libyan civil war was also ignited in 2011 and within a year Qadhafi was dead and benghazi became a hub of weapons being sent to syria and other parts.

thirdly, HC was not a dyed in wool "proven" repub neocon of the GW2 variety to whom the deep state would rally or flock around like they fawned all over GW1, GW2 and Reaganji. she was a "liberal" and belonged to the Clinton line which the neocons probably loathe. she probably had to prove her loyalty and get the approval of the deep state for her 2016 future bid by a sacrificial offering/wars for israel play and libya and syria were the lambs led to the slaughter.

perhaps in exchange for the blood of the two lambs the deep state relented in letting obama sign his peace deal with Iran ? they could always bide their time until they got their candidate to replace him, but surprise surprise instead of HC, they got trump who is nobody's man and will plough his own furrow lol.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

LokeshC wrote:I have friends waiting from 2009ish. Its a big ffffn joke and ombaba, it seems, shafted them royally.
that would be eb2. I think eb3 current date for india was some 2004ish last year :rotfl:
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

GShankar wrote:
manju wrote:

Manju, I am on similar situation to yours but no hakim, me.

On h1b for 14th year. Have I-140 (not 148) and get unlimited extensions. Thankfully my previous employer who got this to me has not revoked it since 2010.

Good, we can share notes in future.. I spend more time in Bhaaratha than khanland now a days as it suits me better
ssundar
BRFite

Post by ssundar »

Singha wrote:
LokeshC wrote:I have friends waiting from 2009ish. Its a big ffffn joke and ombaba, it seems, shafted them royally.
that would be eb2. I think eb3 current date for india was some 2004ish last year :rotfl:
"Democrats are good for Green Cards" is a global myth in my limited experience. The last time there was a drastic improvement in the GC queue was during the Dubya Bush regime.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

All this gc based retrogression can be traced back to Bill Clinton's amnesty to illegals. That sucked up all the GC quota and legal immigrants especially Indians got shafted since 2007. There's nothing Dubya could've done. Comprehensive immig plan failed again and again due to dumbocrats refusal to break CIR into two (legal/illegal) thus collapsing the entire reforms.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

NRao wrote:Brietbart took a solid swipe at the Donald for declining to prosecute Hillary. As did many alt-rights
Given the subject of this thread, "Understanding the USA", it is vitally important that we do not ignore the object lesson being played out in front of us.

Over the last few days, Donald Trump has:
1) Announced he will not actively pursue the prosecution of the Clintons.
2) Made an overture to the New York Times.

These are 180-degree turns from positions he used repeatedly during the election campaign to energize his base.

What you are seeing here, friends, is the US Deep State in Action.

The Clintons are wealthy, white, and still-influential insiders of the Washington elite. They are untouchable and must always remain so.

The New York Times is a classic representative of the centrist MSM that is always, ultimately, pro-establishment and preserves the appearance of being trusted as a news outlet by the silent majority of Americans.

Both are sacred totems that must not be targeted or diminished, in the Deep State's view. Therefore, DT has made peace with both of them, entirely contrary to expectations that he himself set.

Now many members of DT's base (the alt-right, Breitbarters etc.) are howling at his volte-face on these two entities... the Clintons and the NYT... who were the principal targets of the wrath that DT himself cultivated in them.

They will be appeased, in accordance with the US Deep State's wishes, by DT prioritizing and energetically pursuing non-white targets who are politically low-risk from his POV.

Including:
-Mexican/Central American immigrants in a legal grey zone (illegally arrived in the US as children)
-Indians in queue for H-visas or GC for themselves or their family members
-Indian-born US citizens and Indian GC holders who have been waiting to bring their aged parents, spouses, or children to US to live with them
-etc

These brown folks will be the sacrifice that appeases the bloodlust of the alt-right and Breitbarters while preserving the core interests of the Deep State at the same time.

The alt-right will cheer, the traditional conservatives will shrug indifferently, the liberals will shed a token tear. But in the end, the white folks will make out OK.

The ironic thing is, outcomes probably wouldn't have been very different if things had gone the other way. President HRC would not have pursued prosecution of DT on Trump University or myriad other things. She would not have acted against Breitbart or the alt-right/white supremacists in any meaningful way. And the same sacrifices would be made to appease desperately angry supporters of a losing Donald Trump.

The Deep State always wins. And we always lose. :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

+72 :mrgreen:

the only place where indians by default are not soft meaty zero-political-fallout targets is ... india :oops: