anishns
BRFite

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by anishns »

Mahendra mahdi

Easy for you to say while sitting in slumabad :roll:
Are joo agint of ISI??

India will lose onlee :(( :(( :((

Mahendra wrote:The lankans are no better than Dalladesh when it comes to irrational hatred towards India and Indians. Hope they get their Rajapaksha thumped and their Sangakkara bambooed. They must be swatted like flies.

Don't shiver too much about Malinga, he will be wajib e Umar gulled
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

The place where we are living,we are having an extended and stupid winter this year and the chances of lungi or dhoti dance is out of question unless the abduls want to lose their utilities.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

BTW I think we should play Yusuf tomorrow, instead of either Gambhir or Kohli...
His hard hitting down the order especially against the spinners can make a huge difference...

Especially if Sehwag fails at the start of the innings...we would need some hard hitting lower down the order to unsettle the SL bowlers

Either ways India will lose onlee :((
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Gambhir is vital for us. He is an exceptional player of spin and an excellent player of pace bowling. In the event of Veeru not firing, it is absolutely vital that GG hangs around to tackle those dishing out spin
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

anishns wrote:All you dhoti shivering, lungi soiling SDRE's...

I have 4 words for you: Google "Compaq Cup 2009"....

or watch this http://dai.ly/doveeu :lol: :lol:
How about asia cup 2010 finals in which Sachin , sehwag and yuvraj didnt play.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia2010/en ... 55237.html
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I would pick Yusuf in place of Gambhir if GG is injured. Kohli will bat in Gambhir's spot and Yusuf will bat after MSD. Raina will come ahead of MSD.
India will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
(It is 2.00 AM here. I still cannot sleep. Shivering inside my blanket onree)
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

have been shivering and cowering so far. nearly had a fever. :oops:
shq has given the green signal to go to my friends place to watch on big screen.
may not be able to post it in cricket dhaaga instantly.
will have to sit in one dark korner away from bredators in my friends place undergoing all emotions.
my identity is under threat. :((
yeah will be without lungi/dhoti :mrgreen:
India will lose onlee. :(( :((
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

India is definitely losing.
Onleeeeeeee.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

from here: http://uswww.rediff.com/wc2003/2003/feb/24ump.htm

:P
Tendulkar drive could have killed me: Pakistan umpire

February 24, 2003 19:40 IST

Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar offered a prayer on Monday after he narrowly avoided being smashed on the face by a full-blooded drive from Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar.

Dar ducked in time but fell to the ground as Tendulkar straight drove Namibia's Bjorn Kotze during yesterday's World Cup group A match at Pietermaritzburg.

The ball whizzed past the umpire's head and raced towards the boundary, one of the many shots Tendulkar hit during his knock of 152.

"I could have been killed," a relieved Dar told AFP on Monday.

"I got saved because of my good eye sight. I still play cricket, you know.

"I have not seen a more powerful drive in my four years of umpiring at the international level," the 34-year-old Dar said.

Dar dismissed any suggestion of holding a grudge against Tendulkar for the narrow escape.

"I actually quite enjoyed the incident," he said. "Sachin was very apologetic about it and kept saying sorry for the next two overs."

Tendulkar said he may have been denied a boundary if the ball had hit the umpire.

"I was looking to hit the ball as hard as possible," he said. "I connected that particular ball and was glad I got four runs for it."
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Any Rakshak from here going to Wankhede??
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

^^
Qadiani BharaivP-uddin sold his tickets like a true yindoo bania!!
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

To all anti jinx brigade
Please say 10 times "Om sri Sachinaya namaha" (Sachin = pure, Lord Shiva, God)
and 10 times "Om namo Bhagawate vasudevaya" to remove all evil spirits

And listen to the Bhajan by Jasrajji

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBIS7mprtjw (part1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taEfmqkN ... re=related (part2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0OLCNK ... re=related (part3)

Especially listen to the beautiful part 3
"Vamanam Vishwarupamcha" and chant the line "Vamanam Vishwarupamcha Vasudevamcha Vitthalam". This will make the modern day Vaman avtar (SRT) show his Vishwarupam tomorrow.
If India is in danger during the game chant the mantram
"Om namo Bhagawate vasudevaya" in the tune shown in the video this will remove all obstacles on our path.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Mahendra wrote:The lankans are no better than Dalladesh when it comes to irrational hatred towards India and Indians. Hope they get their Rajapaksha thumped and their Sangakkara bambooed. They must be swatted like flies.

Don't shiver too much about Malinga, he will be wajib e Umar gulled
Absolutely no doubt about this. TSPians think they are superior TFTA compared with us SDREs, while the Lankans believe they are also have the TFTA superiority gene over us SDREs even though their appearance may not justify the "F" in TFTA.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/ ... 80346.aspx

GG
And those 100 million people would be desperate for you to win.
We are aware and will give our best. And if we win the final, for me, it'll be dedicated to the people who lost their lives in the 26/11 massacre. To my mind, a win against Pakistan and a win in the final and that too in Mumbai should be dedicated to those victims.

Do you think that will soothe their pain?
I am sure the win against Pakistan would have helped. Once on a trip to Jammu, I met some army men. They told me whatever we do, whoever we play; we should never lose to Pakistan. One of them was posted at the Indo-Pak border and was so emotional that he suggested that I should have a tattoo on my body saying, "I will never lose to Pakistan".

Do you have one?
No, it's not on my body but is etched on my heart and soul.

What will it do to India and Indian cricket if your team wins?
There will be frenzy but I hope that people do not lose perspective. Yes, it is the World Cup but then bigger issues in our country like population, crime and corruption need to be resolved. For Indian cricket, I hope it inspires youngsters to work harder but I'd restrain from saying anything else as we need to win the game first.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

VikramS wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/ ... 80346.aspx

GG
And those 100 million people would be desperate for you to win.
We are aware and will give our best. And if we win the final, for me, it'll be dedicated to the people who lost their lives in the 26/11 massacre. To my mind, a win against Pakistan and a win in the final and that too in Mumbai should be dedicated to those victims.

Do you think that will soothe their pain?
I am sure the win against Pakistan would have helped. Once on a trip to Jammu, I met some army men. They told me whatever we do, whoever we play; we should never lose to Pakistan. One of them was posted at the Indo-Pak border and was so emotional that he suggested that I should have a tattoo on my body saying, "I will never lose to Pakistan".
]
another quote-
Do you have one?
No, it's not on my body but is etched on my heart and soul.
every Indian should learn the above. I am happy that GG and SMG and I am sure many more are aware of these.

Salute every right thinking cricket player.
Jai hind and phack Terroristan :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by krisna on 02 Apr 2011 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

From the link posted by Vikram s
Former Australia captain Ian Chappell wrote in a column that you should not have been in the XI.
That is the problem in our system. Whatever good or bad is said by former cricketers is considered gospel. Our media should not blow out of proportion the opinion of former cricketers. It is easy for Ian Chappell to sit in an air-conditioned box and pass judgment, but I respect the opinion of my team management. If they want me to serve drinks, I'll merrily do that. I am playing a role asked by my team management, Chappell, or anyone else, doesn't know the requirements off a particular player. He should look after his team; Australia crashed out in the quarterfinals and also lost the Ashes.
:rotfl: good chappal gets as it is.
also to DDM. :(( :((
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Salute you Gauti
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

it has always shown in how gauti has reacted to provocation by pakis.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Mahendra wrote:No wonder KJo is attracted to this thread :rotfl:
um I don't swing that way bro... you'll have to look somewhere else... :P

that said, India will loooooooose onleeeee :((
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^ :rotfl: :rotfl:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Bade wrote:These days they are as fundoo and confident as they come.
Some the desi kids, born or brought up in Amirkhan ways, seem to have caught on to this WC. Most of the kids like India during their trips, no talk of dirty this dirt that. Regular visits and connections help some roots to grow in desh as well. My kids are a big fan of Yusuf, when he earlier in the WC smacked the ball for 4s and 6s. They no nothing about circket, but are convinced if TI does not have Yusuf, in every game, India will lose onlee. They want me to wake them up at 4:00am. Bhat for I ask.

Oh yeah, India is going to beat the krap out of SL.
Last edited by SwamyG on 02 Apr 2011 06:25, edited 1 time in total.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

I half expected Gawd to say "We have kept them out of Mumbai"...

See this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMy2qCVjbY At around 3:00

Before that Bhajji and Gawd meet with various NSG men who got hurt, including the widow of Ashok Chakra Havaldar Gajender Singh Bisht

======

I was at my dentist (Desi Punjabi) today, and he asked me whether I will watch the match. I said of course, but said it did not really matter. He burst out laughing and said of course the real final is over. I do not know whether it is the lack of sleep (they start at 2:00AM here) but I honestly do not care for the exhibition match tomorrow. If TI wins it will be a salute to their professionalism.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Anyone betting this thread will NOT hit 200 before the match is over?
India will lose only
:D
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

shaardula wrote:what is that? battery change for the lankan run machine. sube sube kya kya dekate re baap ye logaan.
Hyderabadi ? :rotfl:
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

SwamyG wrote: Some the desi kids, born or brought up in Amirkhan ways, seem to have caught on to this WC. Most of the kids like India during their trips, no talk of dirty this dirt that. Regular visits and connections help some roots to grow in desh as well. My kids are a big fan of Yusuf, when he earlier in the WC smacked the ball for 4s and 6s. They no nothing about circket, but are convinced if TI does not have Yusuf, in every game, India will lose onlee. They want me to wake them up at 4:00am. Bhat for I ask.

Oh yeah, India is going to beat the krap out of SL.
Trying to be an anal-e-cyst of this situation, I think kids just follow what their parents say. In the old days, India from outside looked like a poor filthy dump. That;s what the desis who left India long ago told their kids. Nowadays, India is in the news and it is "cool". So people tend to not talk about the dirty stuff.
US is the same way. It is known as a cool country with big buildings. Gotta come see the south side of chicago, totally different story! But no one talks about it.

Swamiji, what man, ulta-reverse jinx, aa? :eek:
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

From Twitter:
"Motera mein Holi, Mohali mein Diwali aur ab Mumbai mein Dussera manayenge" - Abhishek Bachchan. LOL :-D
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

VikramS wrote:I was at my dentist (Desi Punjabi) today, and he asked me whether I will watch the match. I said of course, but said it did not really matter. He burst out laughing and said of course the real final is over. I do not know whether it is the lack of sleep (they start at 2:00AM here) but I honestly do not care for the exhibition match tomorrow. If TI wins it will be a salute to their professionalism.
This is the mood across the community. India has to defeat Pakis and losing is not acceptable. Rest of the matches we don't really care. Final is going to be relaxed. This is going to be huge-huge pressure as cricketers are also human. It is better avoid playing them otherwise we will see emotional suicides across the nation.

Onething I find from the mood of the nation and the Indian community across the world is the resolve to defeat and erase Pakis is probably more than what it could had been in 1947. MMS or any others compromising and pappi jhappi is all hot air as it is impossible to beat the mood. There is no BJP or INC in this but it is youngistan's resolve. We have celebrations across the nations. The videos are like new year celebrations. I have watched several Indo-Pak matches but this one really stands out.

Even an extreme liberal in the youngistan calls Pakis as suvars. It is easy to manipulate Nuke deal but not Paki stuff. Period.

Gautam Gambir interview says it all. He is part of the youngistan.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Rahul M wrote:lastly, they have played on this pitch just a couple of weeks back, we haven't, ever.
oh the morons of BCCI, where is the home advantage ?
I heard it is a different pitch onlee. Haan ya nahin?

Kjo: Me old school. No jinx or reverse jink. I fear the SL team, I did not have the fear even with Auzzies or Pakis. But playing in India, we should win onlee. Again all I ask is simple 40runs partnerships. The first 4-5 should take the team to 200 in 40-42 overs. The next hundred the earlier the merrier. Not knowing the pitch, my guess is 300+ is a sure win for us, if we bat first. With the IPL mindset, players can amass hundred runs in a matter of 45-50 balls, no? So early preservation of wickets is a must while chasing too.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

>>Gautam Gambir interview says it all. He is part of the youngistan.

My respect for Gauti just went up a notch. Moi not been much of a fan of his form in this tournament.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

saip wrote:Anyone betting this thread will NOT hit 200 before the match is over?
India will lose only
:D
If India bats first, it will reach 200. Pukka. Gaurantee. :mrgreen: I expect 170 before the match starts onlee. Only 30 more runs pages to score.

ps: If I am around watching online and not at my friend's place. I can guarantee at least 2 pages just from me alone :rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Hari Seldon wrote:From Twitter:
"Motera mein Holi, Mohali mein Diwali aur ab Mumbai mein Dussera manayenge" - Abhishek Bachchan. LOL :-D
thoda sa langoti shiber shuru ho chuka hai abhi... dhekenge!
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

SwamyG wrote: I heard it is a different pitch onlee. Haan ya nahin?
the peech was dug up and newly laid there had been 2 WC matches both on different strip
The strip for final is spanking new, onlee local T20 few weeks before the WC that too lasted 11.3 overs onlee if moi birdy is to be3 believed.

BTW Vaas is in this is making me shiver (in delight not fear geddit) we might have more sudden heart attack death on the lines of Liaquat the poaki commidian.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

well the threat of danda from baaaalllll thaaaackkeeerraaayyy played a role tooo naaaa!!! :(( :((

(ducking for cover in a dark korner with kushpoos for kampani. :mrgreen: )
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

If the peach is bresh.. and the nooj is that dhoni going for pranthan, then it makes be shiber purthar.. may be they made the pastest pitch in the barld!
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Can't wait to hear, the entire stadium in Mumbai chanting:

"Gali gali main shor hai, Pakistan chor hai" :mrgreen:

and

"Pakistan Hai Hai" :mrgreen:

That will give the WKK brigade something to chew on!

Only issue is phucking TV wallah's will edit the sound :(
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

:wink:

Inspiration for Dhoni
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I hope they show on the big screens all the victims of 11/26 carnage with the sub text "this time we kept the pakis out!
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

the match is few hours away
moi have collected 6 packs each of
Sea weed flavor Rice chips
Mexican Barbecue flavor Rice Chips
Tandoori flavor Potato Chips
12 Battli of 350 yum yell Beer (the label is in Japani but can discern something 45%)
will mix the chips in a Bowl before match
time to start asli Jinx

MSD will win the toss TI will bat first by mid night India taime BRFities and India will erupt in ecstatic raptures
AoA
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

niran wrote: 12 Battli of 350 yum yell Beer (the label is in Japani but can discern something 45%)
:lol:
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

not able to sleep well :(( in the last 1 day.
currently watching some kannada movies starring crazy star with shq.
met friends in last 24 hrs, pizza eating spree, drinking what not.
best thing is no terrorists in mumbai. :twisted: :evil:
all my friends and shq are happy. all in party mood.
somewhat unbelieveable as many who did not show interest in kirket are happy that terrorists have been defeated.
many friends are partying, watching movies drinking all the more as it is weekend.
I did not realise it before the 'finals' victory.
emotions bit high and drained.
are somewhat nonchalant with the nakli final in few hrs from now.

all the same
India will lose onlee. :(( :((