BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
negi
BRF Oldie

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Post by negi »

Fwiw imo Mods should also post in the relevant thread about the warning issued; from my personal experience one never bothers to check if he/she has received a warning from the Admins .I fear that Nayakuddin too must have not known that he was violating the rules .
This happened in my case too in February (I never knew that I was praising MMS and Co a bit too much). :(
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Negi Saar

There is more that meets the aankh WRT the nayakuddin Shahidization
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

There used to be a warning thread, it was supposedly reserved
for AdMs onlee, but people without reading the warning began
posting their rants and it got trashed during upgrade.
it was the first thread i visit on log on.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Can the mods please change my username to krishG.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

KrishG wrote:Can the mods please change my username to krishG.
don't get it, your name is already krishG ! :P
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Me too, can I have Gaurav or Gauravs pls? But dont want to loose post count.

Thanks

done, seems like I've nothing better to do !
:((
hshukla
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hshukla »

Hi Mods,
Seems like on BR home page->Latest Discussions only threads present on MIL forrum get updated....am I missing something?!!
If its the MIL forum which is the most active one... is it possible to have Tabs in LatestDiscussion in which one could quickly peak for each Forum which are most active threads.

Best Regards
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Hersh wrote:Hi Mods,
Seems like on BR home page->Latest Discussions only threads present on MIL forrum get updated....am I missing something?!!
If its the MIL forum which is the most active one... is it possible to have Tabs in LatestDiscussion in which one could quickly peak for each Forum which are most active threads.

Best Regards
I THINK mods deem it un-necessary to show updates from non-military topics. I am not sure though
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

it's a SW problem which can't be rectified in the near future.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Could we have an Astrology and predictions thread where we can collect up predictions like the following quote and say "There! See I told ya.."
If Kangress wins MMS like nuke deal with fight for F-18 sale. Depending on american military equipment means bye bye Kashmir and maybe even independence.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

Wasn't the Humour thread on the Mil Issues and History Forum only supposed to be for Military Humour? If I remember there was a separate thread on the Nukkad forum!

Rahul M: Could I get a namkaran to???? I mean nikhil_p...to maybe NaiduN

:D
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Any chance we can get math bbcodes installed on brf.
See:
http://yourequations.com/

here is the installation link for phpbb3
http://blog.yourequations.com/2009/04/h ... 0x-forums/
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Rakesh / Maz,

The BR website needs to be updated to capture the Navy's order of 6 aluminium hulled hydrographic survey catamarans placed on Alcock Ashdown Gujarat Ltd..

For details:

Refer my post here.
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

The description of this image needs an update -

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Image ... 8.jpg.html

There is no F16 in the image
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Dear Moderators!

I request your permission to create a new thread to track various decisions made by the new INC government.

Today I read a news item that Mr. Binayak Sen has been released on bail by Supreme Court. Eventhough there is no direct link between the current administration and this decision yet, I think the new thread will help us bring all the different developments under one collection for further analysis.

Thanks in advance.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Mods,

I do not find any logic in keeping topics like psy ops and Benis dhaagas in gen forum. If they are only BR logged in guyz and not for general consumption, we might as well disband them.

What purpose does it serve by keeping them behind the veils and discussing in hush hush tones?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ravi_ku wrote:Mods,

I do not find any logic in keeping topics like psy ops and Benis dhaagas in gen forum. If they are only BR logged in guyz and not for general consumption, we might as well disband them.

What purpose does it serve by keeping them behind the veils and discussing in hush hush tones?
I am not a Mod. But these are my thoughts

Psy Ops thread not only keeps track of the intelligent manner of news coverage by our/foreign media (thus giving us a glimpse of their maximum possible IQ levels) but also records the treachery displayed by Dhimmi media in the name of news reporting over a period of time. This is an essential function of logical analysis.

Benis Dhaga is like the rest room in an office building. That place helps with the essential function of dumping the frustration in a humorous way. Can you imagine a office building without restrooms?

And one need to register to post but not to visit BR and read others’ thoughts/ideas.

Thanks
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

Humour thread and ebook thread should be brought back into either Military discussions thread or Strategic discussions thread
they were very good,
and where is the BENIS thread??
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Mods:

What happened to my 15th Loksabha - promises and performance thread?

I couldnt find it in deleted board either :((
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

RamaY wrote: I am not a Mod. But these are my thoughts

Psy Ops thread not only keeps track of the intelligent manner of news coverage by our/foreign media (thus giving us a glimpse of their maximum possible IQ levels) but also records the treachery displayed by Dhimmi media in the name of news reporting over a period of time. This is an essential function of logical analysis.

Benis Dhaga is like the rest room in an office building. That place helps with the essential function of dumping the frustration in a humorous way. Can you imagine a office building without restrooms?

And one need to register to post but not to visit BR and read others’ thoughts/ideas.

Thanks
Ramayji,
Your explanation of psy-ops thread is all the more reason why it should be read by the widest possible audience.

Benis Dhaga is NOT a restroom. It has a completely different aim. What it does is instead of making terrorists as martyrs, it potrays them as jokers. It basically says, inspite of your attempts to terrorize me, I do not fear you, but I see only a crack who has lost his mind. I almost never post on that thread, infact read it for one page only once in a blue moon. Note the words benis, Diyar mujahids and other terminology developed there etc etc- instead of a terrifying figure, we get a perverted guy seeking goats into our mind. This is the aim of that thread. Yes, the jokes are crude and below the belt, but they are like that for a reason.

So if its aim is to be a restroom, that thread should be disbanded without any doubt. So if that thread is not available for general readers, what aim does it serve?
the general discussion forum which contains nukkad, psy-ops, benis is presently visible even for reading only for logged in BR members. nukkad and others I understand, but why psy-ops and benis??
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

ravi_ku wrote:
RamaY wrote: I am not a Mod. But these are my thoughts

Thanks
Ramayji,
Your explanation of psy-ops thread is all the more reason why it should be read by the widest possible audience.

Benis Dhaga is NOT a restroom. It has a completely different aim. What it does is instead of making terrorists as martyrs, it potrays them as jokers. It basically says, inspite of your attempts to terrorize me, I do not fear you, but I see only a crack who has lost his mind. I almost never post on that thread, infact read it for one page only once in a blue moon. Note the words benis, Diyar mujahids and other terminology developed there etc etc- instead of a terrifying figure, we get a perverted guy seeking goats into our mind. This is the aim of that thread. Yes, the jokes are crude and below the belt, but they are like that for a reason.

So if its aim is to be a restroom, that thread should be disbanded without any doubt. So if that thread is not available for general readers, what aim does it serve?
the general discussion forum which contains nukkad, psy-ops, benis is presently visible even for reading only for logged in BR members. nukkad and others I understand, but why psy-ops and benis??
Or the general discussions forum could be opened for general public only ,rest hidden :mrgreen:
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

Time Ji

That is a good suggestion

:rotfl:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I understand the dilemmas that forum admins must go though, but nevertheless mindless and inexplicable actions must be noted.

Here is a list of threads of some relevance to India that were recently locked up and discarded
Islam at the Crossroads of Existence
Conversions: A travesty to mock India's vaunted "secularism"
From demise of secularism to Hindu Rashtra or Islamic state
US duplicity and Pakistani perfidy
The demise of Pakistan as a haven for Indian Muslims
Elections 2009 - Results analysis II
Indic perceptions of, and reactions to Islamic Extremism
Hindutva organisations and their contribution to the nation
Let us Understand the Chinese
Challenges for a new government in India
Understanding the Pakistani Psyche
Nuclear Threat From Pakistan : Boom or Bluff ?
Psy ops and Media watch
Rhetoric and Dialectic thread
Given that these threads have been discarded what on earth do we have a therad called "US and the world" surviving. Link below:

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=1&t=3940

This thread is of inteerst to a small proportion of forum members. It is plain intellectual dishonesty to keep a pointless thread like "US and the world" in the forum while locking up and throwing away thread of direct relevance to India and forum members.

I think the community of admins has to show a degree of boldness in either disallowing all topics of interest to only a small proportion of members, or allowing difficult topics to exist. It s a joke to lock up difficult topics and maintain inane and pointless threads like "US and the World" on "Bharat-Rakshak Forums"
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

moved to the GD forum till other mods decide what to do
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Shoulnt threads like "physics thread" , "alternative energy thread" come under "Technology & Economic Forum"
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

The alternative energy (now renamed as renewable energy) thread has been moved to the tech forum since it is tech-econ oriented. Note that we also have a Power sector thread there.

The physics/maths nukkads belong in the GD
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

To the Webmasters:

The Corps badge Section says - IX Corps-HQ Mamun, Punjab. The HQ of 9 Corps is not Mamun but Yol in Himanchal Pradesh. It is another 100kms ahead of Mamum Cantt and earlier was HQ of 39 Moutain Division prior to raising of 9 Corps. Mamun Cantt is HQ of an Infantry Division along with lot of other troops.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Admins/Moderators:

Could you pls guide me to the "Kandhamal" thread?

Looks like another Hindu guru "Mouni Baba" has been murdered in Puri, Orissa today. This guruji actively participated in protests against Lakshmanananda Swami murder.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

RamaY wrote:Admins/Moderators:

Could you pls guide me to the "Kandhamal" thread?

Looks like another Hindu guru "Mouni Baba" has been murdered in Puri, Orissa today. This guruji actively participated in protests against Lakshmanananda Swami murder.
hallaled by the jirga for keeping abduls politically correct and pious

Indian interests or internal security thread might do the trick
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

ravi_ku wrote: hallaled by the jirga for keeping abduls politically correct and pious

Indian interests or internal security thread might do the trick
It has been done to make the Forum manageable.

Indeed, the trick that you speak of is what could be done, rather than open up a new thread for everything that happens daily.

Having said that, it would only be fair to add that things are still in the melting pot and initial hiccups are natural!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

from the guestbook.
On clicking the photograph of Capt Saurabh Kalia (item 32 Operation Vijay-Kargil memorial", we go to a site as below
"indiaworld.co.in"
This is unacceptable

Can u not penalise the service provider who has the temerity to massacre the photograph of a national hero ?

God bless India

Paul Ghosh
Calgary, Canada
this is the page referred to.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/KARGIL/Page1.php

I checked and the feedback is correct.
Webby Army Site, plz look into this.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

How is it that when i click of Kalia from the BRF link, I get this:
http://www2.searchresultsdirect.com/par ... c4f7cb40d7
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

The original link was supposed to go to http://www.indiaworld.co.in/home/skalia/index.html

Indiaworld is or used to be a free hosting space provider But, I think the page has been removed or the domain has expired, therefore the domain provider now redirects to the parking page.....
RayC wrote:How is it that when i click of Kalia from the BRF link, I get this:
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Gurus please guide me to the shining path would take me to Benis dhaga :((
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rsingh wrote:Gurus please guide me to the shining path would take me to Benis dhaga :((
if you are logged in there's a 4th forum visible called general discussion forum.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

RayC wrote:How is it that when i click of Kalia from the BRF link, I get this:
Adminullahs,
I checked the Kargil list of Officers and Jawans KIA (http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/KARGIL/Page1.php) and I find that Naik Kaushal Yadav's name is missing. He was from 9 Para Cdo and was KIA during the assault on Zulu top (iirc his was the team which got daylighted). He was posthumously awarded the VrC. Please add his name to the list if it is not there already (I checked all 5 pages but couldn't find his name). Much appreciated.

And please correct the typos etc. in the following text on the page:
Note: This list {Not Complete } of names includes all Officers, JCOs, NCOs and jawans from the Indian<put space here>Army and the Indian Air Force who died in the 1999 Kargil Operations. This list<put space here>has been organised in order of rank seniority.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

:(( RSS or Atom feed?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

hnair wrote::(( RSS or Atom feed?
Its there for the army and navy updates :wink:

(I know! I know! You want them for the forum - sorry - dont have that access yet)
Sandipan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandipan »

Hello Webmasters, I visit the site almost everyday, in between my work and leisure when i get time. This is my favorite site so to say, but i have one complaint. The data on the site is not added to often enough, there are few new articles or data added. We need more data and information. We need more articles to be added frequently to different parts like Army, Navy etc. Basically, I feel we need more data and information from BRFites like Jagan or visiting academics.

Sandipan Sengupta
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Sandipan wrote:Hello Webmasters, I visit the site almost everyday, in between my work and leisure when i get time. This is my favorite site so to say, but i have one complaint. The data on the site is not added to often enough, there are few new articles or data added. We need more data and information. We need more articles to be added frequently to different parts like Army, Navy etc. Basically, I feel we need more data and information from BRFites like Jagan or visiting academics.

Sandipan Sengupta
Sandipan, We were right in the middle of addressing it even as we speak. The Army and Navy websites have been migrated to a Content Management System that allows a faster turn around in updates - both minor and major. Begining last month we are making more frequent updates to the army and navy sites, air force site will follow. the RSS feeds in the previous posts are one benefit of our recent upgrades.