Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Post by Singha »

next target should be asian games and commonwealth
games. inshallah the CAR and ASEAN can be dealt
a good mauling if we pull socks up.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

:D AoA!!! 3 (three) medals--arre wah! :D :D Thank God all of these are in individual sports and largely a result of individual effort and heart, largely free from gorment meddling. The fewer idiots in Delhi running the show the better. If the wrestling setup is not brought to book for what happened to Monika Devi, immense harm will have been done. They all need to be fired/shot. :evil:

The money/jobs/promotions etc being awarded left and right will now open the floodgates :D. Let it flow!

The womens' 4 x 400 is another definite medal prospect with India being serious contenders. It will all depend on what kind of day they have. The difference between India and the best is about 5 seconds right now, nothing in a 400 meter race.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Looks like the Jat Hinterland is making this nation proud.
Najafgarh is fast becoming a sport factory along with bhiwani and rohtak.
Najafgarh--> Virendar Sehwag, Satpal, Sushil
Rohtak --> Vijendar Singh Hooda
Bhiwani --> Akhil and Jitendar.
Chandigarh --> Abhinav Bindra --> His mother is descendant of Hari Singh Nalwa

I hope these politicians awake to the fact we want to win not just participate in OG.
JATS are like this onleee..................made me proud. Now I have something to tell to my Bengali Father-in-law :P
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

To quote the great Deol:

No ifs, no buts, only... Jat!
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Tanaji wrote:To quote the great Deol:

No ifs, no buts, only... Jat!
Sunny Paaji meant Jaat, which is different from Jat. :)
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

India's best in 4x400 has been 3:28.29. The best by the US womens quartet is 3:18.55. The WR is 3:15.17. if we finish within 3:22.00, it may still not be enough to fetch a medal going by everyone's peak form. Thats a good 6 seconds off the season's best. The top 5 teams {US, Russia, UK, Jamaica, Belarus {surprise}} are all within 3:21.50 or so. But the rest are all joined at the hips so 2 speak. Finals should nt be hard, after that is a tuffie, unless everyone flops {either baton mix-up, disqualifications for lane violations, dope cheats caught, poor form, clashes, or plain-jane-top-notch form from the sdre Injuns}. For the record, India finished 7th in the finals of the last OG.

Check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_ ... etre_relay

Should nt be here, but I am posting deliberately anyway.

Afghanistan win first ever Olympic medal BEIJING, Aug 20 (AFP): Rohulla Nikpai gave Afghanistan its first ever Olympic Games medal when he won the taekwondo men's -58kg bronze medal here Wednesday. He beat world champion Juan Antonio Ramos of Spain 4-1 in a play-off. Afghanistan's previous best Olympic finish was a fifth place in wrestling in 1964.
Last edited by Stan_Savljevic on 20 Aug 2008 19:31, edited 2 times in total.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Video of Vijender's match ending. He is in blue.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

I booted the system anxiously and ..waah! it is 3 medals :D . Have taken some ribbing from friends on my hopeful insistence that India will garner a few more medals.

Stan..fyi, I've seen handball championships as a child -- don't remember if they were Services championships or AirForce. However, I agree it is not a widely played sport. At least that is the only time I've seen handball.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Watched 200 mts final on DD sports. Usain Bolt - 19.30 (new WR). :eek:

Link
Bolt started in lane five after making his trademark "Lightning Bolt" arm gesture before the start with Crawford just inside him at the gun.

Ironically, Johnson had said just hours earlier he did not think Bolt had what it took to erase his record from the books in Beijing.

"I don't think his training has been geared to that part yet," Johnson said. "But in a few years it will be, and then I will be ready to kiss my record goodbye."

That smooch came earlier than he expected even as more Jamaicans showed top form.
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Tamang on 20 Aug 2008 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Getlemen, Rajiv Tomar is coming up in less than 12 hours. The qualifications rounds start 21st 9:30am (Beijing time).
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Jamaica inflicted another echandee slap a few mins later, taking the ladies
400m hurdles by around 1 mile :((

and women 200m grudge match is coming up with 3 US and 3 Jamaicans in the finals.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Bindra really has caused a catharsis. There's never been an Olympics when so many Indians were in contention for medals and of course, so many actually managed it.

There will now be many young men and women who see the Olympics not as 'experience trips' where they are either predictably brushed aside early, or the better ones victims of erstwhile hard luck stories.

Instead they'll realize if they put their heads down and fight with everything they've got, they are good enough to stand on the podium.

I too was unaware of the wrestling repechage rules and went by the Hindustan Times article claiming Sushil Kumar had been eliminated in round 1, when he later qualified for repechage based on losing to the gold medalist.

Time for Singha to come up with imagery of a young man/woman in a dusty town watching these winners on a grainy TV admist the swirling winds, and the seeds of a future Olympics winner being born there :)
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

Medals in Shooting, Wrestling & Boxing. And Pakis thought they were the martial race! :P
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

singha , nayak - something for you :mrgreen:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin ... ov=reuters

Sigh - :evil: :evil:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Some trivia about Rajiv Tomar:
Club name: Guru Hanuman Akhara Dehli: Delhi, India
Coach: Yadav Lal Boschan (FILA 15/07/08)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Last Friday I was traveling with the webmaster of that page. He is on the night shift poor guy and very unassuming. He casually mentioned why he is so sleepy as he has to work all night on the page and most of the bus gasped.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

rsingh wrote:
Looks like the Jat Hinterland is making this nation proud.
Najafgarh is fast becoming a sport factory along with bhiwani and rohtak.
Najafgarh--> Virendar Sehwag, Satpal, Sushil
Rohtak --> Vijendar Singh Hooda
Bhiwani --> Akhil and Jitendar.
Chandigarh --> Abhinav Bindra --> His mother is descendant of Hari Singh Nalwa

I hope these politicians awake to the fact we want to win not just participate in OG.
JATS are like this onleee..................made me proud. Now I have something to tell to my Bengali Father-in-law :P
RSingh
I am a Jat, graduate of Jat College Rohtak. I am Hoping mad that Sharnath crashed out because TTFI send some loser sifarshi as coach instead of the real coach. I can't imagine How Sharnath felt while fighting for glory without a coach while his opponent was given valuable tips on how to beat Sharnath. It makes my blood boil.
Tanaji
A Jat is a Jat==Justice Action Truth or Just Animal Type :lol: depending on perception. Whether you are a Sikh Jat or Hindu Jat, you are a Jat first everything else later.
These Jat boys are making this country proud, I say today--
All Indians are JAT Today and forever will remain Jat.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

SwamyG wrote:Awwwwwwwwww a Pakistani media outlet gives the background and 101s of the wrestling format: The Olympic wrestling format - how Sushil won the bronze
That newspaper does not look like any TSP newspaper. I then realized that it is a Sindhi newspaper. Gives me some hope that there are at least a few across the border, whose level of cognitive dissonance is not on the top of the rankings.
sugriva
BRFite
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Post by sugriva »

Baljeet wrote:All Indians are JAT Today and forever will remain Jat.
Jat Balwaan.. Jai Bhagwan
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Open BR after being away from it for last 6 hours and guess what i see....3 medals for India...

HIP HIP HOORAY
AbhishekD
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AbhishekD »

Wow this is a great day in Indian Sporting History. I hope this reduces the emphasis we put on cricket and give due recognition to other budding sports in this country.

Abhishek
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Baljeet wrote
RSingh
I am a Jat, graduate of Jat College Rohtak. I am Hoping mad that Sharnath crashed out because TTFI send some loser sifarshi as coach instead of the real coach. I can't imagine How Sharnath felt while fighting for glory without a coach while his opponent was given valuable tips on how to beat Sharnath. It makes my blood boil.
Tanaji
A Jat is a Jat==Justice Action Truth or Just Animal Type :lol: depending on perception. Whether you are a Sikh Jat or Hindu Jat, you are a Jat first everything else later.
These Jat boys are making this country proud, I say today--
All Indians are JAT Today and forever will remain Jat.
Baljeet, moi aussi Jat........Jat school and Jat College Rohtak ( 1986). Lived in Model town but basically from village Dhanana. Aah those were days. BTW do you remember boys hostel.......I jumped from first floor to win bet( Jalebi round at D-park) and to show off to a PYT :lol:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Baljeet wrote: I am Hoping mad that Sharnath crashed out because TTFI send some loser sifarshi as coach instead of the real coach. I can't imagine How Sharnath felt while fighting for glory without a coach while his opponent was given valuable tips on how to beat Sharnath. It makes my blood boil.
I looked at Achanta's coach and was like WTF. Why is he sitting there? His only strategy seems to be keeping quiet. I am not a coach or a TT player, but definitely Achanta was making mistakes and looked quite nervous. The other guy was calm, and his coach seemed to be coaching. Our coach did not seem to have the zeal to win, maybe it was all camera tricks. He seemed totally unconcerned. :cry:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rsingh wrote:......BTW do you remember boys hostel.......I jumped from first floor to win bet( Jalebi round at D-park) and to show off to a PYT :lol:
well, if jumping from first floors are anything to go by...
boys at ramkrishna mission narendrapur (near kolkata) regularly jump from their 1st floor windows, as a short cut, they are too 'lazy' to take the stairs ! :lol:
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Sir
Jat College Boys hostel had high roofs (made after1st WW in colonial style). It was a real feat......I know because PYT was impressed :rotfl:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rsingh wrote:Sir
Jat College Boys hostel had high roofs (made after1st WW in colonial style). It was a real feat......I know because PYT was impressed :rotfl:
so you are a high jumper ?! :eek: too bad you took the wrong way to cover the height !
p.s. no need to call me sir tho'.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

I have covered lots of hights and I am proud of it. Take it easy....... do not have to answer everything.
Anyway have you heard this
JAT= Just Avoid Them :)
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

SwamyG wrote:
Baljeet wrote: I am Hoping mad that Sharnath crashed out because TTFI send some loser sifarshi as coach instead of the real coach. I can't imagine How Sharnath felt while fighting for glory without a coach while his opponent was given valuable tips on how to beat Sharnath. It makes my blood boil.
I looked at Achanta's coach and was like WTF. Why is he sitting there? His only strategy seems to be keeping quiet. I am not a coach or a TT player, but definitely Achanta was making mistakes and looked quite nervous. The other guy was calm, and his coach seemed to be coaching. Our coach did not seem to have the zeal to win, maybe it was all camera tricks. He seemed totally unconcerned. :cry:
SwamyG
Here is the link that will make you so mad you just want to give some A$$ Whopping to Dhanraj Choudhary.
Why India Lost Real Story
But it’s learnt Choudhary wanted to witness the opening ceremony and so the three-member team reached the Village on August 7.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Sharath Achanta lost to Chen Weixing of Austria. It's not a bad loss; Chen is a top ranked player and current defending US Open champion (he won last month). He has wins against top 10 Chinese players because of his unique 'attacking defender' style. There's a significant gap between the top 5-10, then the 10-50 and then 50-100 ranks, the last of which Sharath occupies. Chen on the other hand is ranked much higher and has the benefit of playing in the European league, plus he has 2003 world champion Werner Schlager as his playing partner for Austria. For Sharath to improve he'll have to have sufficient means to play in the pro league either in Europe or preferably the Asian circuit, which is more competitive.

Of course, none of this is to be seen as a defence against the fact that they sent a dodo as his coach.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Suraj
Your facts are correct, I agree to disagree. Maybe I am naive but, I trust the players more. If we had a coach who would help them in game Maybe just Maybe results would have been different. Who knows we could have picked up two more medals. There is no shame in losing a good fight but it is demoralizing when you lose a fight because you didn't have the coach who can help you fight better. It is the same story over again, our talented players are felt like orphans while competing at such sporting events while every loser without any knowledge or affiliation with sport is given high seat. These players Achanta and Neha are far better than Sania. While sania gets pampered after defeat, these players will be forgotten as an event.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Baljeet: No disagreement at all. I'm entirely in agreement with you. An effective coach does help a lot, even if it doesn't mean Sharath would have beaten Chen. I merely stated what I know about Chen, since I play the game myself at the club level and am generally familiar with the records of several notable top level players. I've read about and watched Chen play, since he has a very watchable playing style, and tends to confound several top players - he even beat three-time (and reigning) world champion Wang Liqin of China recently.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Suraj and Baljeet, are you even sure that the guy who went with Sharat is the coach? I dont know, but I will venture a guess that he is a babu. Personal coaches allowed on TT teams is tuf to believe. I mean, I can see a TTFI guy going there, I dont think Sharat has so much bargaining power to squeeze the SAI and IOA to let his coach go with him. Anyone has the numbers on how many babus {minus the sports coaches/fitness people} went with the 57 member team? And wtf they achieved? Given that boxing had to fight hard for a personal trainer, I would nt be surprised that the extra cast is all fluff with a need 2 hone their experience skills.

And this olympics has been a watershed in terms of progress when compared with the last time. Hoi polloi sports like boxing and wrestling etc winning medals is the best thing to have happened to Indian sports mentality. {The difference with 1952 is that economics now allow appreciation of the win of a Kashaba Jadhav, unlike then.} Unlike last few times, when expensive sports like shooting, tennis, weightlifting etc made the medals trip, we have real "cheap" and easily accessible sports making the medal rounds. Whatever the monetary benefits these guys get, which I tend to see with a skeptical eye, nothing can replace the hope and real prospects that many boxers and wrestlers will now feel. Unfortunately, in India, change comes from bottom to top. The babus are never going to change and infuse more cash, thats not gonna happen in a looong while. While I agree a bit with hnair's middle class argument, I guess the real paradigm shift is the hunger that will be evident {given that the way has been shown to exist by means of prior examples}. If Leander showed the way that rich Indians can win medals, no-name Sushil has showed that common and poor Indians {who form a majority of this country unfortunately} can also have their moment in the sun. This is the non-crikkit example of the rise of Dhoni :P.

In terms of tearing down the veil on isolationism, hopelessness, garibi hatao etc, this is one kick in the nuts that even a Sholay cant deliver to the common man. Hope is in the air, and it has never been so better for India in every aspect, let alone sports. Sporting achievement only mirror the cultural and social aspects of the day, we now have a reverse osmosis of sports feeding the hope frenzy in real life. What a kick that even a vibrant democrazy could nt have delivered. Wait a few days, Rohit Brijnath will write about it :P.

PS: Who will bet for at least 5 golds in London 2012? :rotfl:
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Sushil Kumar and the three boxing Kumars are all from the lower strata of society - at best lower middle class. Their high profile successes, especially the two medals they are bringing - bodes well for their respective sports.

I'm disappointed with the coverage Sushil got in the English before and after his win. I didn't even know he's world #4 in his weight category, Asian and Commonwealth medalist, and finished #4 and #6 in the last two world championships in his event, in addition to being one of the first Indians to book his trip to Beijing.

Hindustan Times still has their 'Dewey Defeats Truman' equivalent article online, with no retraction or revision to indicate what really happened. How is the vernacular press coverage of the boxing Kumars' and Sushil's performance ?

Sushil's performance needs to be described in detail. For one, his repechage performance entailed three bouts in rapid succession over 75 mins, and none of his opponents were pushovers - the American was world #5, while the Ukrainian he beat in the end was the Athens Olympics 4th place finisher.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

I see an indifference to Sushil's medal when compared with Abhinav's. It seems like the DDM feels like someone from the outside has barged in to their comfortable innards. Apart from some standard rhetoric and how his win was "surprising" to them, there is still a huge black-out in terms of what he achieved. I mean, I still see nothing compared to the adulation that Abhinav received. Not even a long exclusive interview with SK and Vijender. I can understand Vijender as he might have asked em to get lost with a fight soon, but SK?! Is it that he cant speak in comfortable Anglais?! Where is M Karunanidhi and other politicos who promised prizes for AB? Why are they absent from promising SK and Vijender? Where is the BCCI chief Sharad Pawar? Did he have anything to say at all, or was he too engrossed with the Ind-SL match?

I know its a gold vs bronze, but the difference is also something cerebral. I sense a fear in the DDM and the "higher" echelons that the uncouth Injuns are taking them over. Something to actually celebrate then. Akhil Kumar rightly said before his quarterfinal, "Whatever noise I make after the fight in case I lose it, you will never hear me. Thats why I am making noise before the quarterfinal." And boy, had he figured the DDM so much.

PS: Remember tiny tidbits about AB came up after his win. Like how his coach is Argentinian, how his shooting glass was tampered with, how he was cool, how the Chinese guy cried etc, how AB bought pellets etc. Is it that the DDM dont really know much about the wrestling team, in which case it should be ashamed of itself. Or is it that it does nt care, in which case it should be hit with a jhapad.
Last edited by Stan_Savljevic on 21 Aug 2008 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Stan
The crux of my post and the link was, "coach was not sent a babu was sent in place of coach so he can watch opening ceremony and brag to his friends and family". Please read the article from link.
I want to bet with you, India will win more than 5 golds at London Olympic. I have faith in my country men albeit misplaced in the babudom of India. I can also say this, More babus will be going to London, "it iz a bestern phoren countreee and I am a sectray in Gorment of Indiaaaa, be can do shapping for my reladives and frends, dis bill be my phirst phoren trabel". :P

Only person who is coming through for these boys is Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda. What a man, it didn't matter if Sushil Kumar is not from haryana, he still authorized 25lakh for this man. It didn't matter to Mr. Hooda if AK and JK didn't make it to semi's he is still giving them money and jobs.
Sheila Dickshit didn't show the same class albeit she did offer a promotion to sushil kumar's coach Satpal. he is the same guy who made us proud years ago, the protege of Hanuman Akhara. I do agree where is Sharad Pawar or other State CM's who can't even offer a word of consolation, little monetary compensation to these boys. Haven't AK, JK, SK made whole nation proud aren't other states part of this nation. Where is Thackrey who never misses a beat about Marathi Pride, isn't these boys pride a marathi pride? These boys are pride and joy of whole nation atleast for now let us all savor their accomplishment, be part of their glory and feel there is hope that future is going to be promising and the credit of this promising future is shaped by the rural boys of this nation they represent the ideals and instinct that is beaten out of this nation throughout centuries. :)
Last edited by Baljeet on 21 Aug 2008 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Sushil puts Boprala on wrestling map of the world
NEW DELHI: Sushil Kumar's ability to grapple with the world's best was known only to the wrestling community till Wednesday when he surprised others by winning the bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics.

Talk to his village folk in Boprala in Najafgarh, West Delhi, they will tell you that they knew he was destined for great things, even if wrestling is little-cared sport in the country.

The entire village celebrated Sushil's success and every household from the village head claimed him to be their darling son. His father Diwan Singh, an MTNL driver, said his son promised him a gold and that Sushil must be disappointed for getting a just the bronze. He has put Boprala on the wrestling map of the world.

Diwan Singh said he himself was very fond of wrestling, but the family's economic condition would not allow him to fulfill his ambition. But he did not want his son to meet the same fate.

“Within my limited resources, I tried to see he became a topnotch wrestler and today I am happy that he has fulfilled my long-cherished ambition of becoming a big-time wrestler.”

Diwan Singh did not forget all those who had helped his son, particularly 1982 Asian games gold medallist Satpal, who was there in Beijing when his ward won the medal, and his long-time coach Yashbir Singh, who saw to it that the young wrestler fulfilled his potential. “Of course, the entire village joined them in promoting his passion and today they are all celebrating in a festive way.”

No wonder, Sushil dedicated the medal to his guru Satpal and Yashbir and his parents.

Yashbir told IANS how young Sushil got motivated to wrestling and continued with all seriousness. Nothing would distract him.

“He began to grapple at the age of ten and his first major success came in the world cadet championships in 1998 when he won the gold at 15 in Manchester. He went on to win it a second time in Poland. After that he didn't need any prodding to carry on with wrestling. He kept winning medal at every age-group competition and at least I did not have any doubts about his making big.”

Unlike many wrestlers who fade away after showing great promise at the junior levels, Sushil consistently strove to excel himself at every step of the ladder.

Yashbir said only those who followed his rigorous workout at Patiala and Belarus in the run-up to the Olympics would only know that Sushil was in with a chance of winning a medal, though wrestling was not in the picture of media list of medal winners.

“You have only to see to believe what all his father did for his Sushil,” said an emotionally choked Yashbir, adding “he used to get cans of milk, tins of ghee and a container of freshly-cooked vegetables for him every day. “

The family believes that the blessings and best wishes of the entire village, from children of an impressionable age to nonagenarians, were with Sushil when he was fighting. Everyone was glued to the TV watching every single bout.

“Everybody in the village used to say that among the wrestlers if anybody wins the medal it is going to be Sushil. He used to eat only ghee, milk and vegetables. Coaches have really put in a lot of effort,” said Diwan Singh.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Baljeet wrote:Stan
The crux of my post and the link was, "coach was not sent a babu was sent in place of coach so he can watch opening ceremony and brag to his friends and family". Please read the article from link.

Sorry boss, did nt read the link till you pointed again. I feel like snapping someone's head now. A 1008 curses on the TTFI b@stards.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Stan
I am with you on that. I feel the same and whole lot of members are mad. The story posted by Ravi brought tears to my eyes. The sacrifice of these rural folks and their belief in their childrens dream gives me hope, this nation is stronger at its very core and nobody can touch this nation.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

Congratulations to Sushil for a great achievement. He deserves even more credit than Bindra despite his medal being a bronze, because he did it despite odds. And cheers to the power of milk, ghee and fresh vegetables. But seriously, is that the best diet for a wrestler? I ask out of curiosity and nothing else. I know that traditionally, such a diet has been commonly recommended to wrestlers in the country. But has it been put to a scientific test?
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Here is the contact address for Dhanraj Choudhary

Shri DR Choudhary
Chairmen Technical Committee
SECRETARY TTFI
24, VINAY NAGAR
AJMER 305 001
(R) 0145-2620766
Mobile: 09828173189
E mail choudharydr_2005@yahoo.com

Please be civil when you write to him, but please do bombard him asking him for reactions on the ToI report.

For that matter, here is the TTFI page.
http://www.ttfi.org/organization.asp