Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 201

Post by pgbhat »

U.S. Balks at Pakistani Bills
Washington, increasingly dubious of what it sees as Islamabad's mixed record against militants, has been quietly rejecting more than 40% of the claims submitted by Pakistan as compensation for military gear, food, water, troop housing and other expenses, according to internal Pentagon documents. Those records, reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, detail $3.2 billion in expense claims submitted to the U.S. for operations from January 2009 through June 2010.
For example, the Pakistani army billed the U.S. $50 million for "hygiene & chemical" expenses, of which the U.S. agreed to pay only $8 million, :mrgreen: according to records covering January 2009 through June 2010. Pakistan's Joint Staff—the country's top military brass—requested $580,000 in 2009 to cover food, medical services, vehicle repair and other expenses, but the U.S. paid nothing.
In one case in the past year, the U.S. paid millions to refurbish four helicopters to help Pakistan's army transport troops into battle against Taliban and other militants. But the Pakistanis ended up diverting three of those aircraft to peacekeeping duties in Sudan—operations for which Islamabad receives compensation from the United Nations, U.S. officials said. :rotfl:
Internal Pentagon records show U.S. rejection rates for Pakistani expense claims skyrocketed beginning in 2007 and 2008. Of the more than $3.2 billion in Pakistani claims from January 2009 through June 2010, the most recently completed reporting period, the U.S. has refused to pay $1.3 billion. :mrgreen: Claims in 2008 were largely processed under the Obama administration, which took office in January 2009, congressional investigators say.
Denial rates have climbed from a low of 1.6% in 2005, to 38% in 2008 and 44% in 2009, :(( the documents show. Claims are generally processed six months to a year after submission.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A_Gupta wrote:BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/stw/all
There is a podcast there:
Pakistan special - Anatol Lieven, Francis Fukuyama, Mohsin Hamid, Tahmima Anam 16 May 11

Mon, 16 May 11

Duration:
43 mins

Andrew Marr talks to Anatol Lieven who argues that Pakistan, despite often being referred to as a 'failed state', has the makings of a viable and coherent country. Francis Fukuyama analyses the development of political institutions from early tribal societies to the growth of the modern state. The author of The Reluctant Fundamentalist, Mohsin Hamid, explores what it means to be middle class in Pakistan, and Tahmima Anam looks back to Bangladesh's fight for independence, and the relationship between religion and politics in her home country.
Lieven (I think) brings up needing to get some Kashmir for Pakistan; and Bangladeshi author Tahmima Anam makes the claim that Kashmir raises tempers in Bangladesh. Kashmir and Palestine, we are told, have to be solved, because otherwise Muslim demagogues can use them to raise extremism and anti-Americanism.
The BBC. Paid for by the British government that collects licence fees for TV sets from Brits with a large Packee minority. It figures.

I think Britain's unstated post 1947 policy has been to support the joining of Kashmir with Pakistan and that thinking survives.

J&K acceding to India was seen as Indian perfidy even though we played by Britain's rules for that accession. Goes to show that white man's laws followed by kaala aadmi is easily dismissed as a parody. Also shows that gora requested laws need to be crumpled up and thrown away if it suits us. Idiotic twits.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

pgbhat wrote:U.S. Balks at Pakistani Bills
Washington, increasingly dubious of what it sees as Islamabad's mixed record against militants, has been quietly rejecting more than 40% of the claims submitted by Pakistan as compensation for military gear, food, water, troop housing and other expenses
This reimbursement , is this a part of overall 2 billion$ aid that Pakis receive from Unkil every year or something outside the usual baksheesh ? So from 2001-2008, the rejection rate was less than 5%. Assuming that Pakis were milking yanks close to 2.5 billion$ as 'WOT expenses', they must have easily made close to 15 billion $ or more in these reimbursements alone. No wonder they can sustain massive weaponization despite a country that is virtually bankrupt.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

anupmisra wrote:CBS 60 Minutes: Interview with former top Afghan spy
Amrullah Saleh's the guy who does not pull his punches when it comes to talking about pa'astan. In fact, Musharraf and he had an all out verbal duel in front of Karzai. Enjoy!
I am guessing it would be a symbiotic relationship between Amrullah and R&AW.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Bin Laden's Death: What This Means for Pakistan's ISI
Posted by ARYN BAKER Monday, May 2, 2011 at 2:14 am

When U.S. President Obama called Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari to tell him the news that Osama bin Laden had been killed by U.S. citizens in a lightening raid not far from the Pakistani capital last night, he also instructed his team to similarly inform their Pakistani counterparts. The question is, who was surprised when they picked up the phone?

That bin Laden had been living in a specially constructed compound less than an hours' drive from Pakistani military HQ, and in the same town as the country's premier military academy, makes the near constant denials by Pakistan's intelligence agencies that the terror group leader was in the country difficult to swallow. Sure, there are at times a Keystone-cops element to the operational methods of the agencies—those assigned to trail foreign journalists in the country are less than subtle in their surveillance methods: One once asked me my address, as he was sitting in my house, another decided that quizzing my driver about my activities was far less work than actually following me to interviews—but bumbling or not, they are ubiquitous. The crackle and click of telephone lines is the constant reminder that no conversation over the phone is private, the crew-cut men in beige that materialize whenever I start asking questions proof that one is never quite alone in Pakistan. So the idea that absolutely no one but American intelligence knew who was living in that multi-million dollar compound beggars belief.

(More on Time.com: See photos of bin Laden's family album)

Obama was careful to thank Pakistani assistance in the raid, but how, exactly, the Pakistanis assisted will be a key part of understanding the relationship between Pakistan and the U.S. going forward. Just a few weeks ago, U.S. Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen told Pakistani English-language newspaper Dawn that the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) had a “relationship” with the al Qaeda affiliated Haqqani network:

"It's fairly well known that the ISI has a longstanding relationship with the Haqqani network….Haqqani is supporting, funding, training fighters that are killing Americans and killing coalition partners. And I have a sacred obligation to do all I can to make sure that doesn't happen…..So that's at the core - it's not the only thing -- but that's at the core that I think is the most difficult part of the relationship.”

The Haqqani network is thought to be behind several gruesome attacks on foreign soldiers and embassies in neighboring Afghanistan, including the 2009 attack on the Indian Embassy there that killed 17 and wounded 63. More worryingly is recent evidence that the ISI may have had links to Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group behind the 2008 terror attacks on Mumbai, in which 10 well-trained Pakistani militants coordinated a bombing and shooting attack at several landmarks that killed 164. At a trial slated for May 16th David Headley, the Pakistani American accused of assisting LeT in reconnaissance for the attack, is expected to implicate the ISI, confirming long held suspicions by both American and Indian authorities, as well as many Pakistanis. (More on Time.com: See the top 10 defining moments of the post 9/11 era)

Defenders of the ISI say that it is their job to maintain contacts with groups like that as part of their intelligence gathering methods. One spokesman told me that the ISI has infiltrators in the terror groups just like the FBI has people undercover in the Mafia. That may be the case. But either way the ISI isn't going to come out of this well. Either they knew about bin Laden and waited to inform the U.S., or they were oblivious to the presence of a massive, multi-million dollar compound in their back yard, one so secretive that the residents burned their own trash. That doesn't augur well for Pakistan's ability to tackle the next terrorist threat that comes out of the woodwork.

Read more: http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/2011/0 ... z1MZvZ8oDz
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

A_Gupta wrote:My opinion only - there is a whole lot of talk that if Pakistan is allowed to disintegrate, major bad things might happen; and the Pakistani army is the one thread holding the country together, etc., etc.

I think it is time to remind the people that the Soviet Union, with many more nukes than Pakistan, was peacefully dismembered, without any great chaos; and that it should be possible in Pakistan as well.
Then all nuclear weapons should go to the biggest province, that is Baluchistan, rather than fertile Pakjab (Ukraine of USSR).
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

WORLD NEWS
US ‘TO PROTECT PAKISTAN’

US troops will be deployed in Pakistan if the nation’s nuclear installations come under threat from terrorists out to avenge the killing of Osama Bin Laden, the Sunday Express can reveal.

The plan, which would be activated without President Asif Ali Zardari’s consent, provoked an angry reaction from Pakistan officials last night.

Barack Obama would order troops to parachute in to protect key nuclear missile sites.

These include the air force’s central Sargodha HQ, home base for nuclear-capable F-16 combat aircraft and at least 80 ballistic missiles.

A US source told the Sunday Express: “The plan is green lit and the President has already shown he is ­wiling to deploy troops in Pakistan if he feels it is important for national security.”

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/246 ... z1Ma02XHgD
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRamS wrote:However, I wouldn't put it beyond the abilities of the deceitful but brilliant US strategists to somehow come up with a plan to secure their interests, and yet restore enought H&D and power to TSPA/ISA so they continue to do the west's dirty job of bottling India in "South Asia".
. . . while appearing to be doing all these things in the best interests of India too.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

anupmisra wrote:Pakistan to return U.S. helicopter tail, Kerry says
In the days after the operation, Pakistani intelligence officials said China had expressed interest in it.
So, two questions: 1) Why did the pakis not comply with the Chinese request? and 2) why return it now (two weeks after the fact)?
A wh0re goes to bed with many persons. All that he/she needs is money. In this particular case, Pakistan would have made money from both. Pakistani decisions are simply based on two factors:
1) Will my decision hurt India or not (never mind if it would hurt me many times more) and
2) Will I be able to make some money
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Altair wrote:
Amrullah Saleh's the guy who does not pull his punches when it comes to talking about pa'astan. In fact, Musharraf and he had an all out verbal duel in front of Karzai. Enjoy!
I saw that yesterday. I wouldn't get carried away. While Saleh said it like it is, don't expect US to take this seriously. More likely, it was a case of good cop, bad cop. They make these minions like Lora Logan shoot from the hip along with Saleh, and if you notice, in between she talks to US officals who wiill say, true, but we also got lots of coorperation bla bla from TSP. Classic case of how media and govt collaborate to secure national interests.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Manny wrote:
US troops will be deployed in Pakistan if the nation’s nuclear installations come under threat from terrorists out to avenge the killing of Osama Bin Laden, the Sunday Express can reveal.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/246 ... z1Ma02XHgD
Is this a bogus report or what? When I suggested this to Johann the other day, he said its impossible to pin point all the nukes, and more likely, TSP has dispersed them to several locations.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

NATO helicopter strike reported on checkpoint in Datta Khel, N.Waziristan, 2 PAK security personnel injured.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 2761.story
John Kerry points up 'disturbing' signs about Pakistan's knowledge of insurgent activity
In an address from Kabul, Afghanistan, Sen. John Kerry says Pakistan seems to know that insurgents are crossing from the nation into Afghanistan. He adds that U.S. lawmakers have 'deep reservations' about Pakistan.
May 16, 2011
KABUL, Afghanistan—
There are "disturbing" signs Pakistan's government knows about insurgents crossing from their country into Afghanistan, U.S. Sen. John Kerry said Sunday as he toured the region.
"Yes, there are insurgents coming across the border," he said at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. "Yes, they are operating out of north Waziristan [Pakistan] and other areas of the sanctuaries, and yes, there is some evidence of Pakistan government knowledge of some of these activities in ways that is very disturbing.".....
Gautam
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Post abbottabad, a failure to see fault lines - anita Joshua in The Hindu
But, Mr. Sharif's call for introspection and similar hopes for using this milestone in Pakistan's history as an opportunity to move away from its chosen path to apparent self-destruction in the quest for strategic depth have come to naught as the weekend saw the powers that be return to ‘business as usual.' And, the ones to recognise this first as always were the Americans. U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry went to meet Gen. Kayani first during his mend-fences-with-Pakistan visit. Gone was even the normal pretence of meeting with the civilian government first and then dropping in at GHQ.
Nothing new in this. Hillary has been doing this regularly. Holbrooke used to do that.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Hmmmm whats there in that helo tail?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

AoA
Heard this on the wire.

NATO helicopters attack Pakistani Border posts in Waziristan.

Don't know North or South Waziristan yet.

Something is cooking.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Local talibs might have been having R&R at that post all these days and EU forces suddenly grew a pair ( taking a leaf from from Unkil) and decided to raid the R&R resort( which also happened to be a "rogue"/non-state para-mil unit post since no one else in TSPA knew anything about that post) ...
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

A few observations:
IRAN - Please don't forget this entity in the context of what happens in Karachi.

If the middle eastern diplomats are being killed in Karachi, and that pattern sounds a little unusual for the usual Pakistani jihadi network hits, then it has got to be Iran sending a message to both Pakistan and the Middle Eastern governments.

If the US, middle eastern countries are going to do anything about Iran, then they need Pakistan to be on board all the way.

So in this context, one wonders if the Abbottabad raid was suitably timed? I mean if they were watching this guy for like 1-2 years, why take him out now? It surely puts a spanner in pakistan's cooperation with the US on the Iran thing for the moment.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Nato incursion in North Waziristan; two troops injured
“It happened early morning,” a Pakistani intelligence official in the region, who declined to be identified, told Reuters. “The helicopter hit a Pakistani check post on the border in the Datta Khel area.”

Another intelligence official said several Pakistani helicopters took off from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, towards the site of the attack. The purpose of the Pakistani mobilisation was unclear.
So US had preserved the Paki H&D. Now Papis can claim that, the early warning to US is on drone attacks, it is now an heli attack, so our so-virginity has not breached.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Target practice

Hindustan Times
May 16, 2011

There are some lines from a Tom Lehrer song called The Wild West is where I want to be which go: Mid the yuccas and the thistles/I’ll watch the guided missiles/While the old FBI watches me. This could have been sung by our old friend and neighbour, the Inter-Services Intelligence chief Shuja Pasha after the Americans took out his chief asset Osama bin Laden. The only difference is that Pasha is now watching India, specifying targets which he and his loony toons have apparently rehearsed hitting if we were ever to drop in without a gilt-edged invitation.

We admire his efforts to demonstrate his vigilance though the Indians have shown no inclination to carry out Operation Galauti Kabab. We are sure that he was scanning the skies with night vision equipment when the Americans swooped down. Now poor Pasha must not be blamed for having mistaken these night time visitors for some friendly arms dealers bearing some uranium or centrifuges with which he could frighten the Indians. Indeed, it’s possible that he set up the landing lights only to find them changing course and heading for Abbottabad. Clearly, he can’t say that he will target the Statue of Liberty or the Pentagon for fear that his fate will be sealed by another bunch of Seals. He also has to make sure that other visitors who are there on his invitation like the amiable Mullah Omar and the gentle Hafiz Sayeed are not inconvenienced by any midnight knocks on the noggin.

So, he has decided to play it safe and tell the Indians off. But we would like to know how he is carrying out the rehearsals. Is he bobbing up in a dinghy as his minions did on 26/11 across the waters? Has he sent in goats and camels laden with explosives creating a new breed of suicide bombers? Has he sent nuclear nutcase AQ Khan disguised as President Asif Zardari? Let us hope, for his sake, the Americans are not rehearsing their own script while he is about to stage his play in India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/editorial ... 98298.aspx
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Muppalla wrote:As we are discussing nuke stuff these days in every thread, let me post this one here. It may be relevant here
Manmohan Singh takes stock of country's nuclear arsenal
What has added to global concerns is the fear that jihadis may gain access to "loose nukes", enriched uranium or nuclear technology to make "dirty bombs" in the ever-deepening mess Pakistan finds itself in. {Read BRF's Paki thread and write it as part of the article. :) }
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: As always BRF ahead of the curve. Yawn!

I am still reading "analysts" giving interviews,tweeting that Pasha meant 26/11 style raids and how they are "game" to take on Pak in a game of raids. LOL!
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

GuruPrabhu wrote:^^^ Chinese have had two weeks to examine it, take pictures etc.
How long does it take to photocopy?
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

sum wrote:
anishns wrote:Saudi diplomat shot dead in Karachi

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asia/23 ... in-karachi

A Saudi diplomat was shot dead in a drive-by shooting near the consulate in Karachi on Monday, the second attack on Saudi interests in Pakistan's biggest city in less than a week, officials said.
Would have understood if a Paki was bumped off in KSA due to KSA anger at Pak for hiding their enemy, Bin Laden... why would a Saudi be bumped off in TSP?
purelanders are celebrating this murder and calling the saudi diplomat a zionist

shravan wrote:US drone attacks kill seven in Pakistan

MIRANSHAH: Two US drone strikes targeting a militant compound and a vehicle in Pakistan’s lawless tribal district of North Waziristan killed at least seven militants on Monday, officials said.
democratic will of purelanders to practice terrorism was violated by america :mrgreen:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Gagan wrote:A few observations:
IRAN - Please don't forget this entity in the context of what happens in Karachi.

If the middle eastern diplomats are being killed in Karachi, and that pattern sounds a little unusual for the usual Pakistani jihadi network hits, then it has got to be Iran sending a message to both Pakistan and the Middle Eastern governments.

If the US, middle eastern countries are going to do anything about Iran, then they need Pakistan to be on board all the way.

So in this context, one wonders if the Abbottabad raid was suitably timed? I mean if they were watching this guy for like 1-2 years, why take him out now? It surely puts a spanner in pakistan's cooperation with the US on the Iran thing for the moment.
I think the message is if TSP can mess with Iran in Bahrain then Iran can also mess with KSA inside TSP. A message is being sent.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Pakistan troops wounded in NATO helicopter strike
MIRANSHAH, Pakistan — Two NATO helicopters on Tuesday launched a cross-border attack on a Pakistan army checkpoint in a restive tribal region, wounding two security personnel, local security officials said.

The attack took place in Wacha Bibi, 50 kilometres west of Miranshah, on Tuesday morning with two NATO helicopters entering Pakistani airspace from Afghanistan and attacking the checkpoint, they said.

"Two NATO helicopters committed the airspace violation and shelled an army checkpoint, injuring two soldiers," a senior security official told AFP
saadhak
BRFite

Post by saadhak »

shyamd wrote:I am still reading "analysts" giving interviews,tweeting that Pasha meant 26/11 style raids and how they are "game" to take on Pak in a game of raids. LOL!
When flipping through the news channels yesterday, heard one of the commentators mentioning that 'rehearsals' are business as usual for Pakis. That is Pasha was referring to future terrorist raids like 26/11; for they sure had 'identified targets and rehearsed' for 26/11

Edit in today's Indian Express - Pasha Unplugged
Pasha has obviously not inherited his predecessor Kayani’s quality of reticence, so advocating it could be pointless. What are these “rehearsals” he referred to? Are they dry-runs or operations formulated on the drawing board? Given that the shadowy role of the ISI in incidents in India is likely to be scrutinised in the trial in Chicago beginning this week of Tahawwur Rana for his involvement in 26/11, perhaps he could talk on.
arunsrinivasan
BRFite

Post by arunsrinivasan »

FWIW Nawaz Sharif urges Pak to stop treating India as 'biggest enemy'
As Pakistan's powerful military held out threats to India, former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for reappraisal of ties with its neighbour to move forward and progress, saying Islamabad must stop treating New Delhi as its "biggest enemy".
Sharif, who was earlier involved in talks with India when the Kargil crisis erupted, also sought a probe into the 1999 conflict with India.

The former Prime Minister, who is the chief of main opposition PML-N party, is currently on a three-day visit to southern Sindh province where he made the remarks during an interaction with the media in Karachi yesterday.

He called on the government to also conduct an inquiry into the 2006 killing of Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in a military operation and the carnage in Karachi on May 12, 2007 that killed over 40 people who tried to rally in support of then-deposed Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry.

Sharif, whose government was deposed in a military coup led by former President Pervez Musharraf in 1999, reiterated his demand for the budgets of the military and the ISI to be placed before Parliament for scrutiny in line with the practice in other democracies.

He said one of his biggest regrets was not taming the powerful military when he was Prime Minister in the 1990s.

The Parliamentary resolution calling for an independent commission to investigate the killing of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in a US raid on May 2 was the first step towards making Parliament a sovereign body, Sharif said.

"We need structural changes and this inquiry has provided an opportunity to move forward and put the country on the right track, correct its direction by putting our house in order, establish the rule of law and bring all institutions under civilian control," Sharif said.

If the government fixes responsibility for the Abbottabad incident and punishes those found guilty, a message will go out to the world that the people of Pakistan will not brook another embarrassment like the US raid, he said.

Sharif spoke out against the recent alliance forged by the ruling PPP and the PML-Q, both of which are rivals of his PML-N in Punjab and at the centre.
saadhak
BRFite

Post by saadhak »

Gila-nahin in China
This visit will be a show for the US, the Pakistani public and the wider world that Pakistan has other options, said Andrew Small, a researcher at the German Marshall Fund think tank in Brussels who has studied China's role in Pakistan. There's no impression that China could step into the United States' shoes, but it's a useful bargaining chip.
Nor does Beijing want to wade into volatile Pakistani politics, risking its own interests and alienating India, a big but wary trade partner, said several observers.
US opinion has not only failed to criticise its own unilateralism in this action (against bin Laden) violating Pakistani territorial sovereignty, it has vilified Pakistan as a scapegoat for its own rough going in its war against terror, said an editorial on Monday in the overseas edition of the People's Daily, China's main official newspaper
Pakistan is a strategic ally of China, in terms of real politik, said Khan. It's a counter-weight to India, and it's a counterweight to the US interests in the region.
Again, openly and shamelessly offering itself for use by China.
Counterweight to India yeah - now they are openly talking about being China's counterweight against the US!
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

I think I am the only person on BRF who believes that Chinese want to convert Pakistan into another North Korea for the Americans.Any Pakistani move henceforth would be under PLA advise.Pakistan as usual doesnt care with whom she shares bed with as long as its needs are met.Pakistan has sold its soul to the the tallelthanmounten and deepelthanocean friend if the Chinese would guarantee the crown jewels and future moola.But I hope it has not come to that yet. Stick has been used by the Americans and a nice carrot would be next. Chinese would also offer a better carrot but we must see if Pakis would fear the stick and go for Americans or greed makes them go for the Chinese.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Pakistan said that Senator John Kerry, on a mission to Islamabad to ease tensions in the wake of bin Laden's killing, assured Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani that the United States had no designs on taking over the country's nuclear arsenal.

"He said that he can write this with his blood, that we have no interest in Pakistan's nuclear assets," Gilani's office said in a statement.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 17ef89.331
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Vinod Ji
BRFite

Post by Vinod Ji »

Altair wrote:I think I am the only person on BRF who believes that Chinese want to convert Pakistan into another North Korea for the Americans.Any Pakistani move henceforth would be under PLA advise.Pakistan as usual doesnt care with whom she shares bed with as long as its needs are met

You are not alone in your thinking.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Altair wrote:I think I am the only person on BRF who believes that Chinese want to convert Pakistan into another North Korea for the Americans.Any Pakistani move henceforth would be under PLA advise.Pakistan as usual doesnt care with whom she shares bed with as long as its needs are met.Pakistan has sold its soul to the the tallelthanmounten and deepelthanocean friend if the Chinese would guarantee the crown jewels and future moola.But I hope it has not come to that yet. Stick has been used by the Americans and a nice carrot would be next. Chinese would also offer a better carrot but we must see if Pakis would fear the stick and go for Americans or greed makes them go for the Chinese.
+1 for that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spencer: Time to cut off Pakistan
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=43543
Pakistan’s parliament not only threatened to cut off NATO’s access to the transit facility, but called for its working agreement with the United States to be reviewed. It was illustrative of where Pakistan stands in the fight against the global jihad, and where it has stood since Sept. 11, 2001. The U.S. has paid billions to Pakistan since then in order to aid its government’s fight against al-Qaeda and the Taliban. It has been revealed, however, that much of that money has gone to those same organizations, and that the ISI, Pakistan’s spy service, has significant ties with al-Qaeda.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Whether Unkil or Lizard, Pakis would milk them at India's expense. Every country needs to protect their interests and I wouldnt blame them (Unkil or Lizard) if they sold India down the river to protect their civilians and national interests.Against all wise advise, I prefer India should act now. Targetting nuke sites within Pakistan should also be considered. I know there is a treaty which prohibits such action but I prefer to wipe my behind with that if it comes to safeguarding Indian interests.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Pranav wrote:
Pakistan said that Senator John Kerry, on a mission to Islamabad to ease tensions in the wake of bin Laden's killing, assured Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani that the United States had no designs on taking over the country's nuclear arsenal.

"He said that he can write this with his blood, that we have no interest in Pakistan's nuclear assets," Gilani's office said in a statement.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 17ef89.331
This is the same US which keeps crowing about respecting Paki so-virginity at every public forum while pounding the $hit out of its border areas using drones ( and now even raiding cantonment towns in the heartland). So, would give as much weight to these statements as any TSPA folks saying that they are not anti-India.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Altair wrote:
I am guessing it would be a symbiotic relationship between Amrullah and R&AW.
More than RAW, it is CIA.
He travels to the US and regularly speaks at meets attended by the core of US intel bosses, and Ayotullahs.
CIA bossess and VERY powerful people meet and greet him.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Altair wrote:I think I am the only person on BRF who believes that Chinese want to convert Pakistan into another North Korea for the Americans.Any Pakistani move henceforth would be under PLA advise.Pakistan as usual doesnt care with whom she shares bed with as long as its needs are met.Pakistan has sold its soul to the the tallelthanmounten and deepelthanocean friend if the Chinese would guarantee the crown jewels and future moola.But I hope it has not come to that yet. Stick has been used by the Americans and a nice carrot would be next. Chinese would also offer a better carrot but we must see if Pakis would fear the stick and go for Americans or greed makes them go for the Chinese.
TSP and North Korea aren't the same. North Korea is a state where no one stands up to the dictator. In TSP, with the amount of weapons in the Mango Abduls hands and the number extremist groups fighting against kaafir invaders, China would think a million times before taking any decision wrt Pakistan. China wouldn't want to present itself as a target to any of the extremist outfits in Pakistan.

IMHO, China will be reasonably satisfied with the leverage they have on TSP at present. They would obviously be happier with less American involvement but the chances of them taking over the American role is very less.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Farhat Taj
http://criticalppp.com/archives/49207

Long, but has some useful information on FATA.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

[quote="Dilbu"]Pakistan troops wounded in NATO helicopter strike

no jawabi karwai by pakistan?