Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Army strikes terror camps in PoK

Post by shiv »

Singha wrote:night of Sept21, F-solahs on afterburner over islamabad, releasing flares

Those F solahs are taking off with full aphterpurner and then releasing flares. Were they expecting RAA agints with manpads to target them in Islamabad? Or maybe they thought Taliban msy be lurking with manpad as happens in Peshawar?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Neela wrote:What is South Korea's interest in this to come in firm support of India at this stage?
Why are they doing it?
Most likely because of paki-NoKo nexus.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I think they are dipping down from a higher level, release flares and then pulling up. Show of force against any indian raa agents in the bush

There is another video of two taking off on afterburner but was not sure its tsp though caption claims it. Will post it now
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Singha wrote:I think they are dipping down from a higher level, release flares and then pulling up. Show of force against any indian raa agents in the bush

There is another video of two taking off on afterburner but was not sure its tsp though caption claims it. Will post it now
Some of the flares drew blanks and missed sequence - watch the last 02 fighters in the video.

Besides that, this flare firing is for flypasts and photo ops. That is all they are doing - photo ops to fool their public.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Yeah i am sure journalists and twitterers were asked to gather at a certain locality
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Rudradev wrote:Primus, it was what we did then based on the best (I trust) information and assessments available to the Vajpayee govt. Clinton was in an intervening mood, Madeline Albright was in a China-pasand mood, Robin Raphel and Karl Inderfurth in a Pak-pasand mood. Just a year previously, Albright had threatened India with a military response over the nuke tests... and we were still under US sanctions at the time. Maybe we could have gone defiantly ahead with crossing the IB, but were we ready for a US intervention of the Yugoslavia type, SEAD and no-fly-zones that could have helped the Pakis forcibly change the situation on the ground? Also, this was a newly unipolar world where the Russians wouldn't have lifted a finger for us, just as they didn't for the Serbs. Meanwhile, the US hadn't experienced 9/11, or the effects of its lovely 2001-2016 embrace with Pakistan yet. So risks were there.

I'm not sure Vietnam is the appropriate point of comparison. They were fighting the third of many serial existential fights, for the very survival of their nation... after the Japanese and the French, the Americans. No doubt if we were invaded on such a scale, with a puppet govt. established by the Americans (or anyone else) in one half of the country, we too would fight like that... total war, no questions asked, until we were all dead or we won. The situation at Kargil was qualitatively different... we didn't want an existential war of any kind, and in fact a chance to grow what was then a fledgling market economy. Which also depended on the goodwill of the world order, led by the US in large part.

No question that ABV was essentially a dove with Nehruvian romantic pretensions (his Urdu-couplet-riddled speech made during the Lahore bus visit is truly nauseating). He would probably not have been assertive enough to cross the IB even if the international climate had been more neutral and less likely to intervene against us. My observation was really about how much that climate has changed... in fact, how much we have made it change just by having a PM who goes ahead and asserts Indian interests without giving a f**k about the "log kya kahengey" mentality. When you get out and do what needs to be done, most busybodies will just shut up and watch. It took Modi to prove that.
I attended an event organized by the local BJP chapter here during ABV's term and one of the 'highlights' was a reading of his poem 'Hum Jung Nahin Hone Denge'. Knowing him at a personal level too, he was a bit of a dreamer. A great Statesman no doubt but without the killer instinct - a malady that so many Indians, not just our leaders, have suffered from.

Regardless of how unfavorable our coin was with the US, China's hostility etc, it was lack of political will that resulted in the deaths of so many of our Bravehearts. A nation cannot hope to hold its head with pride when it cannot respond to the brutal torture of Lt. Kalia. Yes, there was a distinct possibility that we may have had a much harder time antagonizing the superpower but the 15 yrs following Kargil gained us nothing in terms of 'peace' or cessation of hostilities from Pakistan. They had infiltrated our land and we were unable to reply in a fitting manner, no matter that we 'won' in the end.

After Kargil came Rupin Katyal and Kandahar and the list of continued terrorist attacks on our soil that we are all familiar with. In this Game of Thrones, it is all about perception and 'jo dar gaya, samjho mar gaya'. We became known as a soft target, that would do nothing, no matter how many times they hit us and how terrible the toll was. They did Akshardham, Hyderabad, Varanasi, Parliament, Mumbai and we kept waiting for Massa to do something for us. Meanwhile the peacenik lobby and the breaking India forces continued to work from within, hollowing us out, all with impunity because there was a pusillanimous government at the center.

I wonder what Modi's response to Kargil would have been. And had he hit back hard then, would we have had 16 years of continued terrorism? I know what MMS would have done after Uri - nothing.

This attack on terror camps has not bought us a lasting solution, but what it has done is sent a clear message to not only Pakistan, but the World, and that includes our own fifth column. You mess with us and we will hit you in your home, nuclear retaliation be damned.

My own message to the Pakis:

Us Lal ki nadaani se mila tumhe Kashmir
Jaise bandar ki ho khul gayi takdir
Aitomi takat ki aad mein
Barson lete rahe hamse panga
Aaj Bharat ke IS Lal ne ek jhatke mein
Kar diya tum sabko nanga
Last edited by Primus on 02 Oct 2016 01:58, edited 2 times in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Parrikar rubbing it in..

Pakistan in shock after Indian Army's surgical strikes: Manohar Parrikar
Zee Media Bureau

New Delhi: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday warned Pakistan against taking India's silence as weakness, days after the Indian Army stunned Islamabad by conducting surgical strikes on terrorist launch pads across the Line of Control.

Parrikar said Pakistan did not probe the matter as it is still in shock after surgical strikes. :rotfl: :rotfl:

If Pakistan continues with such conspiracies, we will give them a befitting reply again, added the defence minister.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

It is quite amazing how world reacts has changed.

we used to cringe at the gratuitous spiel from most of the world with not a single friendly comment from anybody
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Photo of the captured soldier

https://goo.gl/lfhfjr
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

There is a lot of cacophony on DDM about TSP artists in India. As in many other so called "debates", if DDM had enough people with reasonable IQ, the rubbish that is now being peddled wouldn't be there, namely, "extremists" want to ban TSP artists, and artists are the soft belley and should not be touched, art knows no boundaries and other pukeworthy crap.

Burka is showing her clip over and over again with that eunuch Karan Johar and those deracinated bunch of fools saying no we will suck Fawad khan profusely. And as Chetan Bhagat brilliantly argues in this article (as he did on some shows I saw him on), this gory artificial spectacle of bonhomie and pee-pee contact only re-enforces both sides equal equal except for "extremists on both sides" narrative in the eyes of the world.

The question is not about banning TSP RAPE (I would welcome that), but DDM and others if they had some IQ and some nationalist bones, would be to put Fawad Khan types on TV, and use them as propaganda tools to shame TSP army and ISI (take a leaf out of US on this). Note these RAPE pukes are quick to denounce Paris attack or Al Queda attack against west or Peshawar attack, but complete silence on attacks against India (or if you give them a chance, they will say you have Shiv Sena and we have our hot heads, equal equal). That they are like any other TSP RAPE who actually support these attacks against India is another matter. From India's PoV, if these RAPE want to come to Bollywood and make money, India can and must use them as propaganda tools. This is where DDM and civil society in India have failed miserably, and I don't blame them because they have limited IQ and are a bunch of deracinated colonized mental midgets with no sense of nationalism

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... -a-bullet/
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Primus sahab
"Us Lal ki nadaani se mila tumhe Kashmir
Jaise bandar ki ho badal gayi takdir
Aitomi takat ki aad mein
Barson le rahe ho hamse panga
Aaj Bharat ke IS Lal ne ek jhatke mein
Kar diya tum sabko nanga"

Suhan allah, vajpayi ji ko bhi maat kar diya
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Karthik S wrote:
Neela wrote:What is South Korea's interest in this to come in firm support of India at this stage?
Why are they doing it?
Most likely because of paki-NoKo nexus.
or a similar pressure on SoKo from USA to give peace a chance, dialogue is the only way and so forth. her comment is very specific, viz. this is how terror should be handled.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

SoKo has been under domestic pressure to respond after the sinking of ROKS Cheonan and the shelling of YeonPyeong sometime back by NoKo.

That SoKo army is vastly superior is known and NoKo's in a state of decline with aeging obsolete equipment is too. Then it incensed the SoKo public as to why their govt. did not take out high value NoKo targets in retaliation.

Of late, NoKo has been upto it's provocative best, testng nukes, firing off missiles off the coast and close to SoKo Japanese waters. SoKos are itching for a fight and to give NoKo a bloody nose.

Actions such as ours are gratifying and encouraging. They have probably gauged the international reaction (or lack of it) and probably decided that next time NoKo steps out of line, they can go an India on NoKo arse without the fear of Seoul being turned into a fireball or the international community coming down hard on them.

Park is facing domestic opposition, an opportunity to boost her standing would be god given.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

noko has a long history of kidnapping SoKo and Japani citizens and keeping them for years... they sometimes make pukes look normal...
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 630724.cms

China snubs India again, blocks move to ban Masood Azhar at UN
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

MY intuition…..there will retaliation From Pakistan…as Pakistani chief has nothing to lose….by retaliating he will try to leave a legacy…..( we have to be careful for at least a month)
They did the nuclear test also in response to India’s nuclear test…defying all the pressure from U.S
Either they will retaliate in the same way as India did
Or
They will again launch a terrorist attack …..To see how far India is ready to take this…
MY only worry is that after a another terrorist attack…if India decide to retaliate again…India would not fall into the booby trap (decoy terrorist camp) as it was happened during BSF and Bangladesh security force incident…
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

South Koreans have suffered worse than Indians
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Daecheong
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... th_Koreans
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... orth_Korea
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

well if non-state actors attack india then the pak state can have no objection if india attacks the non-state part of the state from within which the non-state actors acted...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Hope they rape the nokos next opportunity cycle. Usaf can fly a few bombers around the place to ensure cheen does not step in to save its retarded munna
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

zoverian wrote:MY intuition…..there will retaliation From Pakistan…as Pakistani chief has nothing to lose….by retaliating he will try to leave a legacy…..( we have to be careful for at least a month)
They did the nuclear test also in response to India’s nuclear test…defying all the pressure from U.S
Either they will retaliate in the same way as India did
Or
They will again launch a terrorist attack …..To see how far India is ready to take this…
MY only worry is that after a another terrorist attack…if India decide to retaliate again…India would not fall into the booby trap (decoy terrorist camp) as it was happened during BSF and Bangladesh security force incident…
I think they will NOT do this officially. Because that is the excuse for India to do either land grab or at the minimum set back CPEC by X no. of years - both scenarios bad for blothel. Only viable option seems to be sleeper cells, LeT, IM (or similar), etc. For their part the blothel might try their hand at snubbing India like recent support for terrorists at UN, NSG, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if something is triggered in N/NE borders.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Saars, what do you think will be the response to infiltration attempts from now on...Hot pursuit? Regular pre-emptive strikes on the Puki side of the LoC?
nishu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishu »

DG ISPR Shows LOC Place Where India Claims Surgical Strikes | Geo News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbtJspkYIhY
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:rotfl: having to put in so much effort into proving nothing happened. First time in laboratory history.
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

i guess this is the time when we should reveal some pics.....something.....
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

zoverian wrote:i guess this is the time when we should reveal some pics.....something.....
No Need to do anything right now. In fact going forward we need to hit their deep assets that only we and they know about. That way we send a message out clearly without creating a hue and cry.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

MY intuition…..there will retaliation From Pakistan…
Well they know they will not get away with it. Our PM is not only unpredictable, but will hit back crazy with crazy. And when that happens, the international mood is in such a way that Paki's will be in the loosing end. I think Paki thinking right now will be how to stop India from any more aggression and may be get back to some aman ki masala. My intuition is they will throw the towel for now.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Well, NM and Doval will very well be knowing that the surgical strike will not stop anything. They'll change their tactics and we will change ours.
As far as paki retaliation, they'd have attacked us anyway regardless if we conducted surgical strike or not.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ofcourse a precedent has also been set... india can make limited attacks that DO NOT require any RED LINES to be crossed for pakistan
everyone is saying - suck it up
basically pakistan is now doubly nuke nood
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

deejay wrote:
Singha wrote:night of Sept21, F-solahs on afterburner over islamabad, releasing flares

What stupidity? They really want to have Syria like situation over Islamabad. Nothing short of that will please them. I guess Pukies are getting jealous of Aleppo.
Is this over the city? I have read about incidents where a spent flare case lands on somebody's head causing death. But I guess the need to assuage the paki awaam and preserve their H&D ranks over some random abdul on the ground encashing his 72 onlee.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Doubtless, NM would have gamed for a response for Pak (if at all one comes). He had time to plan this from Pathankot onward, (or even earlier, from Gurdaspur where a police station was taken over). The big difference is that now if Pakistan Army decide to try anything new, they and their terrorist friends will have to maintain high alert for an indefinite period of time. They'll know a counter-strike will come, but will not know when it will come- 1 month or 6 months out. Entire LOC and beyond will be on alert. The price for terrorism has just gone up for Pak Army for the first time (ever?) and in a significant way. And that is one lasting benefit of this strike. Conducting terrorism just got more expensive,figuratively and literally. That said, I think Gen. Hasnain's article is a good one. Terror hits within India is the only way Pakistan can counter. Apart from upping the cost for Pakistan, the other benefit is people within India i.e. those who mocked him (56" chatti and all that) will now know that he means business. It will have an across-the-board effect. Maybe people will even take swachch bharat more seriously. :) .
Last edited by SriKumar on 01 Oct 2016 23:05, edited 2 times in total.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

By flying them they have a better chance of avoiding missile strikes and with the flares they are keeping the imaginary BVR attacks at bay. Psalwar browning is the reason for this. If the IAF had put up something on air, the solahs may have gone full afterburner to some other country to claim asylum.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

By using those very units that had casualties in Pathankot and Uri, for such an efficient operation, IA/IAF have conveyed to the world how deep it's capabilities have grown. Every unit has these skills and not to take IA for granted. Cold Start has been validated.
Last edited by JTull on 01 Oct 2016 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

http://www.news18.com/videos/india/time ... 97023.html

SS articulates the government thinking clearly.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

World reaction is positive because of last couple of years of Modi-plomacy, in my opinion.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Singha wrote:
Looks like the time when Talibunnies captured a bunch of Paki fauj and made them do the "left-right-left" drill for amusement. :rotfl: All that remains is Zaahil Hamid parading up down iSlumabad in black ISIS gear waving his mijjile.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

I get the feeling that Pakistan's response so far is not as we expected and that maybe why Parrikar poked them today saying Pakistan is too shocked to respond.

Also they started with a song and dance on Thursday about 2 border posts destroyed, a number of Indian soldiers killed and one taken into custody but all that has receded quickly out of view except maybe for the soldier in custody and the few doctored videos. What could be going on? I wonder what options India has to secure the soldier. I wish we had dragged a few uniformed Pakis along at the end of the surgical strikes for just such an eventuality.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Wow, Asif the cretin threatens India with nuclear attack and disintegration, F 16s on full afterburner over Islamabad, decoy flares in the night even.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

zoverian wrote:MY intuition…..there will retaliation From Pakistan…
my intuition.... the sun will come up in east tomorrow... :roll:

seriously though, this is one of the biggest non sequiturs I have ever seen on BRF.

please tell, which incident was being retaliated at in pampore ? pathankot ? gurdaspur ? srinagar ? delhi ? mumbai ? varanasi ? pune ? 26/11 mumbai ? delhi ? ahmedabad ? jaipur ? ..... the list goes on all the way back to 1993 mumbai blasts or may be even earlier to the khalistani group attacks.
pakistan didn't need any casus belli for their terror attacks for the last 33 years. why should they suddenly this one to justify a "retaliation" ?

the fact is the TSP state with its killigion is already performing at 100% efficiency to hurt India in any which way. any counter strike by us that forces them to divert even one soldier or one rupee for defence is one less asset for exporting to India.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

RE : That video of the ISPR guy claiming to journalists at the LoC that nothing happened.

What is the source of the Paki bravado regarding their denial of the surgical strikes? They know full well that India must have photos and video of the strikes. Their pol can be kholled at any moment by India. Why then are they denying everything so confidently?

After some thought, the following scenario comes to mind :

RawHeel Sharif is behind the denials (because Nawaz Sharif already condemned the strikes). And since the denial is time-bound (India will probably release some evidence sooner or later), it means that RawHeel is only looking to sustain the denial for a few weeks at the most. If he wanted to retire quietly he would not care that much about his own loss of H&D. Koop incoming?