2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjayc
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by sanjayc »

Tanaji wrote:And this is why acts like RTE must be revoked immediately.

Why BJP does not do this is unfathomable
The easiest thing is to extend all minority priveleges to Hindu school too. Nobody will mind. Why BJP is not doing this shows mental blindness.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Cyrano wrote:I studied in an Arya Samaj English medium school until class X. Daily morning assembly had national pledge, national anthem and "Asatoma sadgamaya..." prayer.
sir, i dont know if you are not understanding or want to divert the topic. here is an example

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... e%20public
people have problem with Hindu prayer. had it been Christian or even better Islamic this topic would not have come.

The issue is not prayer or even hijab. but the question is why protest in Karnataka when there is no such issue in kerala? apart from politics this issue will lead to another bigger demand. you are not seeing it. CAA stopped, NRC stopped, NPR stopped .... in the name of equality secularism but again same people want religious attire in uniformed schools. These are the extracts of Ambedkar's book "Pakistan or partition of India" page 236-237, the same game is now played I think
"How Muslim politics has become perverted is shown by the attitude of the Muslim leaders to the political reforms in the Indian States. The Muslims and their leaders carried on a great agitation for the introduction of representative government in the Hindu State of Kashmir. The same Muslims and their leaders are deadly opposed to the introduction of representative governments in other Muslim States. The reason for this strange attitude is quite simple. In all matters, the determining question with the Muslims is how it will affect the Muslims vis-a-vis the Hindus. If representative government can help the Muslims, they will demand it, and fight for it. In the State of Kashmir the ruler is a Hindu, but the majority of the subjects are Muslims. The Muslims fought for representative government in Kashmir, because representative government in Kashmir meant the transfer of power from a Hindu king to the Muslim masses. In other Muslim States, the ruler is a Muslim but the majority of his subjects are Hindus. In such States representative government means the transfer of power from a Muslim ruler to the Hindu masses, and that is why the Muslims support the introduction of representative government in one case and oppose it in the other. The dominating consideration with the Muslims is not democracy. The dominating consideration is how democracy with majority rule will affect the Muslims in their struggle against the Hindus. Will it strengthen them or will it weaken them ? If democracy weakens them, they will not have democracy. They will prefer the rotten state to continue in the Muslim States rather than weaken the Muslim ruler in his hold upon his Hindu subjects.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I'm not diverting, just trying to understand where the view "Hindus cant run schools" comes from.
The court case you cited pertains to KVs run by Govt. Not getting into merits of that case for now, are private schools run by Hindu trusts or organisations legally allowed to function? Besides following Govt curriculum, can they have additional religious prayers, religious education etc? I just want to know.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Cyrano wrote:I'm not diverting, just trying to understand where the view "Hindus cant run schools" comes from.
The court case you cited pertains to KVs run by Govt. Not getting into merits of that case for now, are private schools run by Hindu trusts or organisations legally allowed to function? Besides following Govt curriculum, can they have additional religious prayers, religious education etc? I just want to know.
Yes they (Hindu institutions) can. I have put my daughter in a Hindu run school where Sanskrit is compulsory and they teach geeta everyday.
Regarding "Hindus cant run schools" comes from RTE... Which is different issue all together.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thanks, I can understand where the view and angst is coming from:

https://www.firstpost.com/india/karnata ... 65361.html

If the point is, - due to judgements like these, "minority" schools escape the provisions of RTE act and can more or less do whatever they want, where as Hindu trust run schools can't claim any exemptions since they are run by the "majority" - I agree 100% this is not fair at all. This legislation and its implementation seem to be a mess.

But that is still a different matter from the court case you cited which pertains to Govt run schools. Going by the argument presented, they are questioning imposition of religious prayer, presumably a hindu prayer. Lets say we fight in favour of the prayer because its Hindu today and impose it, then a non-pro-hindu govt comes to power in some state or center and imposes a non-Hindu prayer or no prayer at all ? What then?
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Cyrano wrote:But that is still a different matter from the court case you cited which pertains to Govt run schools.
hijab controversy too started when six female students belonging to the Government PU College for Girls in Udupi were not allowed to attend classes wearing hijab. my question is within class room its only girls then why hijab? here too its government collage
they are questioning imposition of religious prayer, presumably a hindu prayer.
the prayer was "Sahana Vavatu". I know its from Upanishad but the meaning has nothing to do with hindu religion or prayer to any Hindu god or goddess. it just tells we together has to move and gain knowledge, even as an athiest, i did not find any issue with it, when compared to "sarasvati namstubyam" in my daughters school.
btw the issue that the petitioner raised was not Hinduism though that was the intent. the issue was it creates a lot of obstacles in developing a scientific temperament.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Meanwhile the saga continues:
Karnataka High Court refers petitions filed by Muslim girl students to larger bench
https://www.barandbench.com/news/litiga ... rger-bench
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Cyrano wrote:So I don't know where the often repeated view "Hindus can't run their own schools" comes from. Has legislation changed and no new Hindu run schools are allowed? Please enlighten me.
My understanding is Hindu organisations can run schools. The one where I studied was started by a Hindu family. So we had our lunch prayers etc which were slokas from the scriptures. A bit of "secularism" was there (like no visible caste marks). After finding the success of this school; two schools were started in my town - both were by local Hindu temple management. Where these schools get stumped is in RTE. These schools are to ear-mark some seats to kids from poorer strata of society (cutting across religions) in the locality. The fees for these students would come from the government; but it would be as per the norms. Most of these schools charge a higher amount as fees. They will have not charge even more higher fees so that they can cross-subsidize the RTE kids' fees. If you ask me; these are all fine. But this entire scheme of enrolling kids under RTE scheme is NOT applicable for minority religion managed schools. Indirectly the fees in Hindu managed schools would be increased. People who are very money focused will then be tempted to take their kids else where.
Do a majority of Hindus want to send their children to these schools instead of "reputed" Church run schools or posh soul-less Archie's style corporate schools is the bigger question.
+1. To be frank; it took pains to convince my "secular & liberal" family members to send my child to the school now chosen. The lure of the missionary schools is really high; as they are more in number and seats more readily available.
This legislation and its implementation seem to be a mess.
My understanding; minority establishments got exemption via a court order. Not through a legistaltive amendment of the RTE Act. Sonia Ghandi & Co were running the GoI at that time.
Karnataka High Court refers petitions filed by Muslim girl students to larger bench
This academic year is coming to an end. GoKA may find a work around to let every one write the exams this year (separate rooms, or separate exam centers or what ever). And from next year onwards impose the uniform code strictly. And by then perhaps the larger bench also would reach a conclusion in pretty much the same lines.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Got this on WhatsApp so take it as you wish.
>>>
The hijab controversy started in the temple town of Udupi, in the south Canara district. Until now those muslim girls who used to come to school with hijab (not niquab, not burqa) used to take it off once inside and attend classes. So it was in line with uniform regulations and there was never a problem.

In the recent municipal elections, 3 muslim councillors of SDPI party got elected. One of these councillors daughter is a girl called Reshma. She started wearing hijab inside the school, in classrooms as well and instigated other girls to do the same. The school management tried to dialogue with them but these girls refused to listen. Local Congress, JDS, Commies jumped in an helped spread the issue.

Unexpectedly, this attracted the anger of local non-muslim student population and they started protesting. Similar instances to suddenly start wearing hijab have begun in other places. The protests too spread accordingly. Many girls are seen wearing not just hijab but burquas now.

There are now videos circulating of the said Reshma and fellow hijab clad girls smoking cigarettes. Hard to ascertain identity of the girls in the video.
<<<
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... axx-canada

The whole world should be worried by the ‘siege of Ottawa’. This is about much more than a few anti-vaxx truckers
Arwa Mahdawi

This lady Arwa is wokest of woke ... Pure evil crapping poison on conservative every day and supporting radical left every day.
There’s a lot going on in the world right now. If you’re not Canadian, then the protest in Ottawa might not be top of your list of things to worry about. But I’m afraid you should be worried. You should certainly be paying attention. What’s unfolding in Ottawa is not a grassroots protest that has spontaneously erupted out of the frustration of local lorry drivers. Rather, it’s an astroturfed movement – one that creates an impression of widespread grassroots support where little exists – funded by a global network of highly organised far-right groups and amplified by Facebook’s misinformation machine. The drama may be centred in Canada, but what is unfolding has repercussions for us all.
Madam has has never heard of Gorge Soros
“Donations from abroad are quite a common part of any large crowdfunding campaign,” Ciaran O’Connor, an expert on online extremism at the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, told Politico. “But the scale of this one is unprecedented.”
:rotfl:
Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, fringe groups can have an outsize influence. I’m sure you’ve heard of troll farms: organised groups that weaponise social media to spread misinformation, promote division and influence public opinion.
According to an internal Facebook report written in late 2019 and leaked to MIT Technology Review, troll farms were reaching 140 million users every month. Three-quarters of these users had never followed any of the pages: they’d had the content thrust upon them by Facebook’s engagement-hungry content-recommendation system.
Meanwhile, on Telegram, a social network favoured by the right, people across the world are urging each other to replicate the tactics in Canada in their home towns. Canada may not be on the brink of civil war, but what is happening in Ottawa is one small front in a global information war. And the baddies, I’m afraid to say, are winning.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Sachin wrote:
Cyrano wrote:So I don't know where the often repeated view "Hindus can't run their own schools" comes from. Has legislation changed and no new

+1. To be frank; it took pains to convince my "secular & liberal" family members to send my child to the school now chosen. The lure of the missionary schools is really high; as they are more in number and seats ...
Sachinji,

Minority schools largely look shinier and have better paid teachers because they have the rights to retain their donations/contributions from abroad to do what they please.

Capital-> Political-> minority goals are all well aligned to increase membership and reach.

It is hard to counter that allure till majority have the same right and ability
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

vijayk wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... axx-canada

The whole world should be worried by the ‘siege of Ottawa’. This is about much more than a few anti-vaxx truckers
Arwa Mahdawi

This lady Arwa is wokest of woke ... Pure evil crapping poison on conservative every day and supporting radical left every day.
There’s a lot going on in the world right now. If you’re not Canadian, then the protest in Ottawa might not be top of your list of things to worry about. But I’m afraid you should be worried. You should certainly be paying attention. What’s unfolding in Ottawa is not a grassroots protest that has spontaneously erupted out of the frustration of local lorry drivers. Rather, it’s an astroturfed movement – one that creates an impression of widespread grassroots support where little exists – funded by a global network of highly organised far-right groups and amplified by Facebook’s misinformation machine. The drama may be centred in Canada, but what is unfolding has repercussions for us all.
Would have been an accurate description for 'Pharmer Protest' and Shaheen Bag that these same people were applauding.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

No words :evil:

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

PAPPINI wants bikini in schools
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
@priyankagandhi
Whether it is a bikini, a ghoonghat, a pair of jeans or a hijab, it is a woman’s right to decide what she wants to wear.

This right is GUARANTEED by the Indian constitution. Stop harassing women. #ladkihoonladsaktihoon

https://twitter.com/upadhyayabhii/statu ... 5470667776
Here is PAPPINI being questioned by a reporter if bikini should be allowed in schools?

Image. :rotfl:

Suddenty all CON politicians from K'taka backtracking ...

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1491382617912258560 (Video of this
Mac_too @iMac_too

पप्पू जी @RahulGandhi & Princess @priyankagandhi, Karnataka Pidi is speaking against your diktat. कुछ करो
Even idiot Siddaramiah is backtracking

May be they are worried about blacklash
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

:D The idiot sister Vadra has surpassed her traitor brother Rahul Gandy -- By bringing in the Bikini, she has queered the pitch for her INC bootlickers in KA. Wah! what leadership. I strongly support this.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

srikandan wrote:The idiot sister Vadra has surpassed her traitor brother Rahul Gandy -- By bringing in the Bikini, she has queered the pitch for her INC bootlickers in KA. Wah! what leadership. I strongly support this.
vijayk wrote:Suddenty all CON politicians from K'taka backtracking ...
May be after Pappini took it a bit too far and was even fine with Bikinis being school uniforms, the KA Congress politicians gave up so that they don't become laughing stock. From the comments of twitterati looks like many of these KA politicians also run educational establishments, and they fear that similar incidents would happen at those colleges also.
The Congress folks did try to get in some Dalit students (!?) supporting the peacefools but that also did not click well. Plus the single bench passing the case to the High Court Chief Justice who will have to form a Division bench and hear the case; Congress knew that immediate verdict will not come through. Looks like there would be some negotiated settlement; with hijabis given a chance to complete this academic year and get lost from the colleges.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I don't think it's going to die down so soon, Thry haven't extracted enough mileage in the form of nyt WaPo headlines, uk protests etc from this row yet...
Toolkits have hardly come out.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Facts @BefittingFacts

in social media- "Hijab is a personal choice, should be respected"

In Court- "Menstruating women should not show their body parts, its written in Hadith"

Hadith = Personal Choice Man shruggingFace with tears of joy
Last edited by vijayk on 09 Feb 2022 21:28, edited 2 times in total.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:I don't think it's going to die down so soon, Thry haven't extracted enough mileage in the form of nyt WaPo headlines, uk protests etc from this row yet...
this is toolkit territory and malala has already pitched in, the forked tongued hypocrite that she is.

but then again, can anyone expect better from a $h@r!@ social ju$tice "warrior"

expect more onlee from the burk@ brig@de....

Image 1 : A quote from @Malala 's autobiography.

Image 2 : Malala's tweet on Karnataka Hijab issue.

srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

India is a global trendsetter it seems -- "Farmer's rally" last year in New Delhi, is now the fashion worldwide.

In EU:
https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/sta ... OnvrApAAAA

In US:
https://twitter.com/elizifferblatt/stat ... zYvagpAAAA
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

In all this, JNU VC issue has been relegated to back pages (hard core sanghi)

JNU community welcomes our new Vice-Chancellor, Prof Santi shree

Jihadis and BIF don't have bandwidth. They are busy putting all women under burqa
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

In twitter, some past photos of one of these hijabi girls doing rounds showing her without hijab with tukde tukde gang and other personal pics with guys n girls. She does not seem a serious religious practitioner but trying to create a controversy. That girl and others need to be pulled out and tried in courts for hypocrisy/trouble makers and find the root handlers.
Dont know how this case will turn. Hijab is being denounced world over for obvious reasons. The courts need to be pushed to focus on prevailing situation world over and the social pressure and ghettoisation it would cause to other muslim girls allowing hijab for some in school/college campuses in these times. May site public order and override secularism and women's rights?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

vijayk wrote:PAPPINI wants bikini in schools
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
@priyankagandhi
Whether it is a bikini, a ghoonghat, a pair of jeans or a hijab, it is a woman’s right to decide what she wants to wear.

This right is GUARANTEED by the Indian constitution. Stop harassing women. #ladkihoonladsaktihoon
:rotfl:
poor congis dont know whether to laugh or cry :mrgreen:
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

srikandan wrote:India is a global trendsetter it seems -- "Farmer's rally" last year in New Delhi, is now the fashion worldwide.

In EU:

In US:
Indeed !!.. quite true ., it seems like a toolkit run amock !!..and apparently a self funded self sustaining model of "urban terrorism"

and useful for those billionaires who want to play or manipulate the stock markets
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

chetak wrote:
Cyrano wrote:I don't think it's going to die down so soon, Thry haven't extracted enough mileage in the form of nyt WaPo headlines, uk protests etc from this row yet...
this is toolkit territory and malala has already pitched in, the forked tongued hypocrite that she is.

but then again, can anyone expect better from a $h@r!@ social ju$tice "warrior"

expect more onlee from the burk@ brig@de....
one question onleee.. one should ask papini whether the bikini goes over the burqa or not :mrgreen:
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

The Right to be Publicly Naked: A Defence of Nudism

Think the politicians jumbled up the order in which liberties are to be fought for. Yes, there is a growing movement worldwide to allow public nudity, but hey if a broader view can be taken, why not?

Particularly if there are religions where public nudity is part of the religion, this is a chance to bring the practice into the mainstream.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

vera_k wrote:The Right to be Publicly Naked: A Defence of Nudism

Think the politicians jumbled up the order in which liberties are to be fought for. Yes, there is a growing movement worldwide to allow public nudity, but hey if a broader view can be taken, why not?

Particularly if there are religions where public nudity is part of the religion, this is a chance to bring the practice into the mainstream.

What if some one "made" a new religion ? Osho was not quite way off here !
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Indeed. The causal relationship can be debated, but public nudity was legalized in Oregon while Osho was running his retreat there.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Solution to hijab, niqab, talak was found a long time ago and it’s called Pakistan. Peacefuls have no claim to anything in India. They took their share in 47 and now are free to become Muhazirs. End of discussion!
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

I think this is a part 2 (much more refined version) of the gurugram public namaz issue. The pissfulls did not get much support in gurugram and are now making this a woman’s rights issue.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

dsreedhar wrote:tried in courts for hypocrisy/trouble makers and find the root handlers.
If hypocrisy were to be a crime, you would have seen many many folks in gaol, mostly western world leaders and Abrahamic religious leaders. :mrgreen:
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

^^^

Pappu disappears for a while.

Pappini says - "She is the face"
Courts are seriously considering what is marital rape and press the center to respond. Pappini says women are victimized!

In BJP state, Some councillor's kid who was normal till day before yesterday says : "This is my rights as given in hadith". Pappini says bikini ya jeans it is my right. Women are victimized!

Toolkit actors like Malala and others activated. I am sure Rihanna, Greta et all are waiting to opine. Women are victimized onleee...
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

vayutuvan ji:If hypocrisy were to be a crime, you would have seen many many folks in gaol, mostly western world leaders and Abrahamic religious leaders.
Nicely put, saar. "you are a hypocrite" is a very weak accusation and is "weak sauce" mostly because

(a) It is not hard to find a white christian bigot/racist or his non-white house-slave in white christian societies like USA and EU that have the almost identical, uninformed and bigoted views on India and Hindus, not that the "Secular" Indian crowd is helping any by creating all the lies in the first place.

(b) they know they are lying and gaslighting Indians en masse by claiming hindus are going to commit genocide and murder, when hindus have been victims of these same racist, colonial societies in the past -- white christian societies that have committed genocide at a global scale multiple times across the centuries are now gaslighting Indians by screaming about "religious intolerance" and "lack of religious freedom in India".

Hopefully, this will all stop working for these racists soon enough as far as Indians are concerned, as India gets better informed. Already, things that were only a dream on here 20 years ago are now a reality, such as non-left media organization.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Has anyone given a thought if this is to just to polarize minorities for the upcoming elections. We have been seeing something similar for every election cycle, since minorities under attack in 2015 Delhi elections to aklaq in UP 2017 (though that failed to register a muster) and since 2019 trying their very best to provoke a response from the govt and in the absence of it trying to manufacturing controversy.

This is like that Bangladeshi riots where some muzzies placed quran under Hanuman idol and then went on a rampage on Hindu owned houses. this seems same but in the political spectrum and with same minorities not safe in India.

The media should show the same images of the girl and ask about the hypocrisy of the people asking for hijab in Public school but none when the girl is clicking selfies with other "male" members, but I am pretty sure that is run afoul of POCSO act.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

venkat_kv wrote:Has anyone given a thought if this is to just to polarize minorities for the upcoming elections. We have been seeing something similar for every election cycle, since minorities under attack in 2015 Delhi elections to aklaq in UP 2017 (though that failed to register a muster) and since 2019 trying their very best to provoke a response from the govt and in the absence of it trying to manufacturing controversy.

This is like that Bangladeshi riots where some muzzies placed quran under Hanuman idol and then went on a rampage on Hindu owned houses. this seems same but in the political spectrum and with same minorities not safe in India.

The media should show the same images of the girl and ask about the hypocrisy of the people asking for hijab in Public school but none when the girl is clicking selfies with other "male" members, but I am pretty sure that is run afoul of POCSO act.
100% agree
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

kit wrote:
srikandan wrote:India is a global trendsetter it seems -- "Farmer's rally" last year in New Delhi, is now the fashion worldwide.

In EU:

In US:
Indeed !!.. quite true ., it seems like a toolkit run amock !!..and apparently a self funded self sustaining model of "urban terrorism"

and useful for those billionaires who want to play or manipulate the stock markets
India porlly the most lenient of all the nations to apply the strong arm of the law so can be used as a petridish for such protests.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

vimal wrote:Solution to hijab, niqab, talak was found a long time ago and it’s called Pakistan. Peacefuls have no claim to anything in India. They took their share in 47 and now are free to become Muhazirs. End of discussion!
Sat pratishat satya vachan Vimalji. Unless we can make is mainstream this nonsense will continue unabated.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

What does the esteemed court have to say about lawyers wearing hijab inside court premises especially during court sessions?

Isn't it the most sober of attire.. and it's already black..

Advocates give thumbs up to tips on attire for women lawyers
According to the BCI Rules, the women advocates shall wear "black and full or half sleeve jacket or blouse, white collar stiff or soft, with white bands and Advocates' Gowns. White blouse, with or without collar, with white bands and with a black open breast coat."

Besides, the women advocates were allowed to wear "sarees of long skirts (white or black of any mellow of subdued colour without any print or design) of Flare (white, black or black striped or grey) or Punjabi dress churidar-kurta or salawar-kurta with or without dupatta) white or black."
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Why do Indians have the Pavlovian response to the antics of some Muslims?

They want to be a people apart. I see no problem with that. All some of us seek is consistency. Wear the burka but get your education in a madrassa, or better still graduate from a college in Pakistan or Iran. And of course never be seen in public without your cultural attire.

I have zero problem in being called a kafir. But I do reserve the right to call you maleccha. I hope to listen to Javed Akhtar write lyrics such as ‘us butt ne banaaya mujhe maleccha”. How sweet and evocative of a bygone and distant time. India is after all a syncretic culture.