BSF, CRPF and other Paramilitary Forces Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Re: BSF,CRPF and other Paramilitary Forces Discussion.

Post by uddu »

The responsibilty must always be top-down rather than bottom up. I don't a great majority of our politicians getting corrected and become responsible ones after seeing the bravery and sacrifice of our soldiers. It's always the job of the CISF to the black cats (what else) to guard some honcho poncho and nothing else. The President has got better treatment all the time (don't know for what purpose) and has not seen the improvement in security for the ordinary. If those ones who guard the President be guarding some tribal in Moaist infested areas, I will say CISF is being wisely used to provide security, otherwise no. Presidents life is not worth more than that of the tribal and other ordinary citizen of this country.
Sandipan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandipan »

Courtesy : Militaryphotos.net

Indian security personnel seen on high alert outside the Hyderabad House in New Delhi, India on 16 December 2010. Security had been tightened as Indo-China meeting was in process in Hyderabad House as Chinese Premier Wen Jaibao is in India on a three-day visit.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Delhi Police SWAT?
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Tried zooming in to pore at the shoulder patch but it ain't very clear. SSB is it?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Nope. I am pretty confident now that they are indeed Delhi Police SWAT. There were pics of them being deployed at the CWG too. Though their gear was very different at that time.

Also, I do not see why SSB will be guarding Hyderabad House in New Delhi.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

I think the one on the left is female...
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

http://www.sentinelassam.com/meghalaya/ ... pr=1#58202
The nine ‘unsung’ heroes of India-Pakistan war
bapatnikhil
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bapatnikhil »

^ what BPJs are they using? They look different a little more bulky than the ones Army uses I guess?
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

not exactly bulky, but if you view closely they are not strapped properly.
Sandipan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandipan »

^^^ The BPJs on the picture look bulky because the part meant to cover the groin area is tucked up and attached to the chest that makes it look bulky.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/CISF-men- ... 44391.aspx

CISF men ‘assault’ MBA student at Metro station

Sanjeev K Ahuja , Hindustan Times
Gurgaon, December 30, 2010

An MBA student was allegedly assaulted with rifle butts by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) commandoes at the MG Road Metro station on Wednesday morning, when the two sides entered into an altercation during routine checking. The 25-year-old student also missed his term examinations following the incident. He claimed the CISF officials threatened to implicate him in a false case of snatching their revolver if he did not withdraw the complaint he had filed with the metro authorities.

The incident happened around 10.20am, when Amit Bhardwaj, an MBA student of the Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad, entered MG Road Metro station to board a train for Shastri Park (Delhi) to take his examinations at a designated centre there.

"As I entered the checking area I received a call from my friend and I started conversation to him. The CISF guards asked me to switch off the phone, which I immediately handed it over to them. When they frisked me thoroughly and I was about to move I was pushed by one of them. As I asked the reason, one of them slapped me. I reacted by pushing one of them and he fell on the ground," Bhardwaj said.

He claimed after that 4-5 CISF personnel pounced on him and beat him up with batons. “I went up to the station master and lodged a complaint. When CISF men got to know of this, the commandos took me inside a room at the station and started assaulting me with rifle butts and kicks. One of them threatened to implicate me in the false case of snatching attempt of their revolver,” Bhardwaj added.

The SHO of Sector 29 police station Jagdish Parsad said that Bhardwaj's statement had been filed in the records but no FIR was filed. He said, “The CISF officials have also prepared a complaint against Bhardwaj and they would file it on Thursday. We will investigate the case and file FIR accordingly.”

According to senior CISF officials, Amit Bhardwaj did not stop talking over mobile phone when the security guards objected to it during security check up at the entry gates.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

The story is highly irregular. The CISF personnel at the metro station never push people. As is alledged by MBA student.

Frisking is done regularly. But always very politely. Regardless of the crowds in place.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Sh1t happens. He was on the phone, perhaps being a punk. Maybe the security guy on duty had had a long day. Maybe he was irritated about something else.

And while in general, I think CISF gives better service than DP which used to be on duty at airports, there are always exceptions. Ive had a CISF SI at duty be very rude to me personally at IGI, just because I asked why I was made to return to security, when the reason for non stamping of my boarding card was that the selfsame SI forgot to do it. He said "shut up or I will have you arrested". At which I got a bit irritated, and demanded to know where the Coy Dy Comdt is, and then we will see. He shut up and sullenly stamped my card.

Anyway, a police case has begun. We will see what the result is. He couldnt have received his injuries out of nowhere.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Pratyush wrote:The story is highly irregular. The CISF personnel at the metro station never push people. As is alledged by MBA student.
As you said, even for me my interactions with CISF has been extremely friendly and polite especially at Air Ports. Bengaluru air port had the same problem of uncouth behaviour when the local police were running the show. CISF even had training programmes for its men before they were put on actual duty. The policy of "give respect, take respect" worked wonders with them.
ASPuar wrote:He was on the phone, perhaps being a punk. Maybe the security guy on duty had had a long day. Maybe he was irritated about something else.
Yes, as there is always to sides for any story. Considering the great "mobile etiquette" I see being followed in this country, there are high chances that this fellow kept on blabbering on his phone. And the CISF man lost his cool, because he cannot wait till the MBA Maharaj decides to put his phone down (as he has other things to do as well).

I remember a similar case which happened in Bengaluru 3-4 years back. An idiot of a "techie" tries to act smart at the Railway platform at SBC. Did not have a platform ticket, and it was also suspected he was drunk. The RPF gave him some appropriate medicines. Our man whines and writes a blog (as if that becomes a complaint and RPF or the court would take action on it) :rotfl:. Two days down the line I heard that he was summoned to the RPF station and the whole issue sorted out with no complaints filed at all.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

On cold nights, a long vigil

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/on-co ... il/735234/
Forty two personnel from the Charlie Company of the Central Reserve Police Force’s 5th Battalion guard the premises ahead of the Republic Day parade. They work in two shifts of about 12 hours each.

“We have dinner at 6 p.m. at our camp in Malviya Nagar, and reach here by 8,” says Ninu. In the morning, they go back to the camp after they are relieved of duty by their colleagues. “We go back, have our breakfast, and sleep till late in the evening,” says Harikrishnan. “That helps us stay awake through the night. It’s like having a jet lag,” he says.
An olive Army Gypsy approaches the barricades. It is someone out on a night ride. “You will have to park outside and walk,” says Ninu. The Gypsy backs away. Less than two minutes later, it speeds back in, this time going through the gap in the barricades without permission.

Both Ninu and Harikrishnan watch. “What can we do?” shrugs Ninu.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

^^

A salute out to the CRP boys who are always on guard throughout the nation. These chaps in Delhi, are the luckiest of their bretheren in the Khaki uniform of the CRP. Others are on watch in Kashmir, and Chattisgarh, Manipur, and Nagaland. Always available to project the power of the State. "Chalte Raho Pyaare Force"!

The latter part about the army jeep seems to be a bit of masala from the reporters side... how does he know its someone "out for a night ride"? What does that even mean? Its an MoD venue, and vehicles with a valid MoD pass would technically be allowed in.

I was at a function where the Army Chief was present yesterday, and I saw the caliber of some of the so called reporters. The vast majority of their time was spent not asking questions, but begging the MA for free trips to restricted zones, at army expense, and accomodation in Army facilities.. last I heard was some fool whining "Sir, So and So from XYZ News... aap hamko Kashmir dikha denge na please sir"?
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Chanced upon this picture of a IPS officer attached 62 RR. Did not know such a scheme exists:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bhart
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bhart »

That should stand for 62nd course of Regular Recruits at the National Police Academy, Hyderabad and not Rashtriya Rifles.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

^^ Aha!! Thanks for clarifying that
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

Couple of videos of the Ke. Re. Po. Ba.

[youtube]Vkd046Q_uvo&feature=related[/youtube]

And another one, after an IED blast in Bastar (Graphic in Nature. Discretion advised)

No comments from my side. I leave the interpretation to you all.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Who the hell allowed that to be filmed? mofos

Next time some berates the poor guys for HR etc. shove this down their throats
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

Choppers, anti-mine vehicles new teeth for BSF

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 314494.cms

To strengthen vigil along the Bangladesh border further, India's border troopers are to use Dhruv light helicopters, mine protected vehicles (MPV) and other modern gadgets and devices, a top Border Security Force (BSF) officer said here on Tuesday.

Over 80 per cent of the 856-km India-Bangladesh border in Tripura has already been fenced and work on the remaining portion is on.

The ongoing construction of barbed wire fencing is expected to be completed by March 2012.
"Our close watch and guard would be mainly along the unfenced, porous border," the BSF official said. India and Bangladesh share a 2,979-km land border and 1,116 km of riverine boundary in the Indian states of West Bengal, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Assam.

Besides using night vision devices, the BSF is to introduce non-lethal weapons like batons, rubber bullets, water cannon and tear gas along the border by next month. "The specially made rubber bullets would also be used on intruders or smugglers. There is no chance of death, but the injured person would suffer severe pain," he said.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

ITBP cancels recruitment, system to be reworked

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/ITBP- ... ked/745938
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

255 border outposts to come up along Bangladesh, Pakistan border
NEW DELHI: Aimed at strengthening security along frontiers, government has finalised a blueprint to construct 255 outposts on the country's borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh.

As per the decision, there will be 129 border outposts (BOPs) along the Indo-Bangla border and 126 BOPs along the Indo-Pak border by the CPWD.

"The design of the BOP is being finalised and it is estimated to cost about Rs four crore to construct one BOP," said a senior CPWD official.

There will be barracks, generator room, kitchen, toilet block and officers' chamber at the BOP.

The construction work will begin where land is available, the official said adding, "It is the district administration's responsibility to acquire the land for the purpose."

Border outposts are manned by central paramilitary forces to check smuggling, infiltration and other illegal cross-border activities.

The Indo-Bangladesh border covers a total 4,095 km. Of this, West Bengal has a border length of 2,216 km, Tripura 856 km, Meghalaya 443 km, Mizoram 318 km and Assam 262 km.

As the entire Indo-Bangladesh border has been prone to large-scale illegal immigration and infiltration from Bangladesh, the BOPs are crucial to prevent it.

Besides the construction of BOPs, border fencing and lighting at these places are also being carried out by the CPWD.
Isn't cost of constructing one BOP at Rs 4 crore much? Considering land, generators, pakka walls, roof, kitchen, toilet. What else do BOP's have?
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

^^BOP's have a LOT more than what you have identified. There are "behind the scenes" logistics that go into have a BOP. Things such as having an outpost hardened to withstand various attacks besides ensuring safety of those manning these from the inside, you'll be surprised to know that Rs 4Cr is on the SOUTHERN side of the budget. I've seen BOP's way on the NORTH end of the identified budget. Sentries, watch towers, comms, techint are among other things which can help push the cost northwards.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... z1DXJxivN4

National level player shot dead by CRPF jawan
PTI, Feb 10, 2011, 11.13am IST

PATNA: A CRPF jawan shot dead a national-level female Kabbadi player, who plays for the railways, before shooting himself in Patna after the girl refused to share her mobile number, the police said.

21-year-old player Manisha was on her way back home from Moin-Ul-Haq Stadium after practise when the CRPF jawan Jaswant Singh chased her and picked up a quarrel as she refused to share her mobile number, city SP Manu Maharaj said.

The jawan, who hails from Rajasthan, then fired at her before shooting himself near Bahadurpur railway crossing in the state capital on Wednesday evening.

Manisha, posted as a clerk at the Danapur divisional office of the Eastern Central railway, was taken to a nearby nursing home where she was declared brought dead.

Jaswant was admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital where his condition is critical, the SP said.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Sandipan wrote:Courtesy : Militaryphotos.net

Indian security personnel seen on high alert outside the Hyderabad House in New Delhi, India on 16 December 2010. Security had been tightened as Indo-China meeting was in process in Hyderabad House as Chinese Premier Wen Jaibao is in India on a three-day visit.

I have started seeing a lot of 9mm MP5s in the hands of CRPF and CISF personnel in Delhi. Seems like bulk "import". The personnel in above pics seemed to have been equipped to take on frontal assalt by suicide attackers with the amount of protection they are wearing
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

http://epaper.indianexpress.com/IE/IEH/ ... tml?Mode=1

BSF fellow `ghunsa maaro` Pakistani Ranger...
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Lol.. I thought that ridiculous ceremony had been junked?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Actually BSF "felli" ghusa maro to Paki groper...not fella.
Lol.. I thought that ridiculous ceremony had been junked?
India proposed to junk it but Pakis refused at the last minute ( after initially agreeing to scrap the thing)
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

I fail to see the logic behind these announcements. What purpose do they serve other than momentary applause and increased alertness of enemies?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Chacko please don't mind my saying this but the word should be "de-fuse" a grenade. Bombs are defused and not diffused although the words are getting more and more commonly mixed up these days.

From dictionary.com
Defuse
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/defuse

Diffuse
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diffuse
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

shiv wrote:
Chacko please don't mind my saying this but the word should be "de-fuse" a grenade. Bombs are defused and not diffused although the words are getting more and more commonly mixed up these days.

From dictionary.com
Defuse
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/defuse

Diffuse
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diffuse
Thanks for correction. I saw it just now. I have changed it. Spellings Spellings Spellings ----------- There is no excuse for mistakes :lol:
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

It must never be a Wagah kind of ceremony. May be it must be by a combined force called Mitro bahini that will march together, shake hand and may be hug each other. :D Then hoist the flag and lower the flag on a daily basis. That will strengthen the bond of friendship. Let it be different from the Wagah border ceremony. It must be.
Insteaf of fast marching, it can be slow marching with patriotic songs of both Bangladesh and India in rememberence to the Mitrobahini force.