Indian Real Estate Sector

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hgupta
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Indian Real Estate Sector

Postby hgupta » 02 Mar 2019 06:49

asgkhan wrote:https://ibb.co/VHYNCg6

Architect sketch. House is 95% accurate.

Very nice. I like the design. Is it central ACed or do you use room AC units to cool each room individually? Have you ever done energy efficient design analysis for your house?

asgkhan
BRFite

Postby asgkhan » 02 Mar 2019 08:29

hgupta wrote:

Very nice. I like the design. Is it central ACed or do you use room AC units to cool each room individually? Have you ever done energy efficient design analysis for your house?

Sir,

Those are all western concepts. Energy concerns are first world problems. Here in Desh, avoiding getting r@ped from all the shady contractors will be the highest priority.

I do have a solar water heater, BESCOM is kind enough to give me 50 RS subsidy on the monthly bill.RWH is present but I don't have the space for a separate sump. So it is dummy.

I don't need a/c as I am in a heavy wooded area. Fan is sufficient.

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Postby Sachin » 02 Mar 2019 13:47

asgkhan wrote:Construction cost:60,00,000
Total: 92,00,000

You have omitted the land cost :). Did you have the land already in hand? An kind of "independent house"/villa is also a dream of mine; so just gathering as much as information I can.

Can you let me know the area where this would be? I am not asking for an exact address. And what would be your primary mode of commute? And worst case I guess, you can have some provisions for AC? Like high power plug points etc.?

asgkhan
BRFite

Postby asgkhan » 02 Mar 2019 14:43

Sachin wrote:
asgkhan wrote:Construction cost:60,00,000
Total: 92,00,000

You have omitted the land cost :). Did you have the land already in hand? An kind of "independent house"/villa is also a dream of mine; so just gathering as much as information I can.

Can you let me know the area where this would be? I am not asking for an exact address. And what would be your primary mode of commute? And worst case I guess, you can have some provisions for AC? Like high power plug points etc.?

Land cost me around 1.5 crores. Total sqft is around 3000 sq ft. Half for me and other half bifurcated to my sister.

House has 15 AMP switch in every switch board. 3.5 kVA with 4 batteries as backup. All cabling done for DTH, fibre optic cable, cctv and a/c points.

Even the tanker can supply water to my house via a external pipe.

Skylights in hall of both floors and all bathrooms.Sitouts with artificial grass and Sira stone benches. Cantilever steps and wooden flooring in first floor hall.

Those are some of the small features.

asgkhan
BRFite

Postby asgkhan » 02 Mar 2019 14:46

I am near a small layout in Bommanahalli. commute is not a problem as my office timings are 6 to 3. Many small internal roads to avoid traffic jams.

srin
BRFite

Postby srin » 02 Mar 2019 18:51

asgkhan wrote:Those are all western concepts. Energy concerns are first world problems. Here in Desh, avoiding getting r@ped from all the shady contractors will be the highest priority.

Actually, wanted to ask about that. How much did the contractor exceed his initial estimate wrt time and money ?

asgkhan
BRFite

Postby asgkhan » 02 Mar 2019 21:00

srin wrote:
asgkhan wrote:Those are all western concepts. Energy concerns are first world problems. Here in Desh, avoiding getting r@ped from all the shady contractors will be the highest priority.

Actually, wanted to ask about that. How much did the contractor exceed his initial estimate wrt time and money ?

For my dumb luck I managed to get a contractor willing to work with the architect for the proposed budget. We 3xceeded the budget by 1 lakh. But we were on time. Our agreement was that he will provide the materials and execute the work as per the instructions of the architect.we followed the BOQ concept with 10 % fee for the contractor.

I interviewed around 6 to 8 contractors but chose him because of his willingness to work with the architect. We are good friends now. I thank the almighty that both architect and contractor were keeping my welfare in mind and were conscious of my budget.

I have nothing but gratitude and praise for them.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 03 Mar 2019 07:15

srin wrote:Begs the question - why do houses in US indeed have sloped roofs ?

Most of the residential construction in US is wood (plywood, laminates, sheet board etc). Part of the reason is that wood is abundant coming from Canada and Pacific Northwest. Another is that there is an entire ecosystem of lumber producers to distributors to retailers and to the standard. You can go to any shop in any part of america (even to a remote shop) and can find either a supplier or a user given the item specification. In essence, building supplies are very very cheap compared to the cost of the contractor and architect.

All the residential housing architects can reuse their calculation models. Given an architecture diagram and photos, one can get a general contractor to give estimates electronically for example. So deviations from the architecture tend to get costly.

Also most of the US (90%) sees some form of snow or rain. Water and wood do not go together, hence it is always a risk to create a roof which is of wood! And only in very dense urban areas one would want to use the roof as an outdoor space.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 03 Mar 2019 07:17

Congratulations on your new home. It is modern and chic and well designed.

Condolences on your mother passing away. At least she knows that you will have your own home. I understand the feeling which one has have when one's parents do not get to see a home they can call their own.

asgkhan
BRFite

Postby asgkhan » 04 Mar 2019 07:32

Thanks Disha-sempai.

Yes, not a day goes by without remembering the conversations of her dreams to live in a modern house.

Vips
BRFite

Postby Vips » 09 Apr 2019 02:02

Mukesh Ambani sets out to change the face of Indian cities, first project already on.

The new ace up Mukesh Ambani's sleeves may be about to reveal itself. And it could well be the urban infra game changer India was waiting for.
Reliance Industries is tying up the last loose ends in its blueprint for setting up a megacity in the vicinity of Mumbai, a Business Standard story has revealed.

It is going to be Reliance Group's single biggest "projects within a project" initiative, where every component of a project will be a project in itself, BS quoted an inside source as saying.

Ambani's megacity will be developed on the lines of Singapore. It will have airport, port and sea link connectivity. Once completed, the city will accommodate over half a million inhabitants and thousands of businesses, the BS story said.

The project is expected to draw in as much as $75 billion in investments over the next decade.

Changing the urban infra game
Ambani is likely to roll out his new brainchild on a massive, never-before-seen scale. Analysts say it could be a Jio redux — the mega 2016 launch that had all India gasping in wonder in its wake. In terms of affordability and quality of product, Ambani's mega city could match the Jio phenomenon, experts have said.

By all measures, this new Reliance project is likely to script a new chapter for India, primarily because it could recast the whole urban infra scene.

Mumbai may be a changed place after this megacity comes, said the story. It will likely lead to reverse migration as property prices in the new city will be lower than in Mumbai, it added quoting a top real estate analyst. :shock:

The most significant aspect of this project is that Reliance will not only develop the project but also will run the administration after the city comes up, says the story. This will be possible due to the 'special planning authority' licence that Reliance has been handed for the landmark project.

This licence, apart from reducing red tape and transaction time, will enable Ambani to sharply — even dramatically — bring down the costs involved, says the report.

Project history: The Dhirubhai link
It was Dhirubhai Ambani, the legendary founder of the Reliance Group, who had first come up with the idea of setting up a world-class city in Navi Mumbai. He had thought of a project on these lines as early as the 80s — a project for linking South Mumbai and Navi Mumbai by road. The plan, had it succeeded, would have decongested Mumbai long back, BS quoted the source as saying.

Reliance had announced early last month about its leasing of 4,000 acres of land from Navi Mumbai SEZ (NMSEZ) for an initial payment of Rs 2,180 crore to develop an economic hub on a global scale. NMSEZ had been given this land in 2006 to develop a world class SEZ

NMSEZ is promoted by Mukesh Ambani, Jai Corp India, SKIL Infrastructure Ltd and City and Industrial Development Corp (CIDCO). According to a PTI story, CIDCO holds 26 per cent stake in NMSEZ, while the rest is held by Ambani, Jai Corp promoted by Anand Jain and Nikhil Gandhi's SKIL Infrastructure.

In 2005, Ambani joined forces with Nikhil Gandhi who had been buying land since 2000 with a view to setting up an SEZ on the lines of China's mega SEZs. According to the BS story, the Tata Group was also interested in joining hands with Gandhi but was eventually outwitted by Ambani.
Then, in 2018, under the Maharashtra Industrial Policy, the state government permitted SEZs to migrate to Integrated Industrial Area and make available the land for industrial units. NMSEZ later applied and received the consent to convert the SEZ into the Integrated industrail area (IIA)as per the policy

Incredible - Mukesh Ambani enters a new sector with aim to to dominate by first making sure that all the rules are re-written to favor him and thus ensure's a full proof success for his venture.

Paul
BRF Oldie

Postby Paul » 14 Apr 2019 18:51

Tips on negotiating for an apartment with a builder

Return to “Technology & Economic Forum”