Tackling Islamic Extremism in India - 6

Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

ShauryaT wrote:
Sanku wrote:No doubt you have been to Delhi and have seen numerous examples of what is called "rubble architecture"
The Qutb Minar complex is one such perfect example...

Which brings us to another question, how does an awakened Hindu tour Delhi and many parts of the north without seething with anger and/or overcome with emotion?
Eventhough I am a jingo to the core I am not really bothered about the Hinduism being assaulted thingy. Yes I have a big problem with Islamic extremism which affects India as a whole but not because it is against hinduism or anything like that. May be I am one of those Hindu Dhimmis. :P
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sanku wrote: So the folks who believe that there was a temple and more specifically a Ram temple will believe that. Those who dont want to will manufacture more doubts a la R Thapar (on the lines of what SSridhar posted above)

Its only the tiny Mackualized but not completely minority (such as us) that get heeby jeebies on how much proof exists but is completely overlooked so easily by all manners of people.

Overall as Indians -- We just dont care; we are too dhimmified.
:lol:
Actually no. We are not dhimmified Indians. We are actually stupid Hindus.

let me explain.

Ayodhya is as holy a place in Hindu history as Jerusalem or Makkah.

By arguing that there was a temple below the masjid and then ofering feeble archaeological evidence of a temple as "proof" of a temple we are tying ourselves down to proving that there was a temple at that spot. By doing this we are in a sense doffing our dhotis and bending over and allowing every man and his ashna to stick something up our backsides by making the counter-argument that there is no real proof of temple there.

This is a self inflicted Hindu self goal. All of Ayodhya is sacred. Advani used the Masjid as a lever to get the BJP to power at one stage in history and we have never moved beyond that because we are too thick to see beyond. We are desperately trying to prove that there is a temple at that spot and we are unable to go beyond the most feeble argument that you have so eloquently put forward:
the folks who believe that there was a temple and more specifically a Ram temple will believe that. Those who don't want to will manufacture more doubts
Unfortunately this is a sad argument because it easily gives away exactly what we seek to achieve. It allows anyone to think what he wants and does not do anything to make people see what we want them to see i.e the truth.

The point is NOT whether there was a Ram temple at that spot or not. That is Advani's headache. Not yours or mine as Hindus. Our headache is to get the truth out. Ayodhya is just one of a thousand places in India in which temples were looted or destroyed. With respect, If I merely tore Romila Thapar's blouse and played around a bit, the crime is no less pleasant from her viewpoint that if i raped her.

Loot or destroy. Hindu temples were desecrated by Islamic hordes. Ayodhya is a case in point that is all. Why get into the nitty griitty of the exact nature of rubble and grit underneath? We may want to support Advani and save his backside - but the cause of publicizing the truth of our history should not be left hostage to a situation that merely gets us to say "Those who believe it will. those who won't won't". Isn't that the EXACT rut that Hindu history finds itself in? And this temple rubble "proof" only adds to that and makes Hindus a laughing stock because of its incredibility.

We need to move beyond Advani's political career and i am amazed that Hindu forum members are dying to support his career to the extent of getting into endless public argument over the nearly absent proof of temple. Drop it please. You did not destroy the masjid. You do not need to prove that there was a temple at that exact spot. You only need to get the truth out.

Didn't Modi get through beyond his reputation in Gujarat. I am sure Advani will get past his Ayodhya reputation. You and I need not tie ourselves down to an argument that we cannot win.
Last edited by shiv on 11 Feb 2008 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Acharya wrote: Shiv, Yours is an old argument. The data and facts have moved forward now and the temple authenticity and historicity has been established.
Acharya this is the funniest joke on this thread.

Advani advanced his and the BJP's political fortunes on a whim. He did not even want to destroy the Masjid. What happened was history and I think you and many others are falling into a really stupid trap where your hindutva is going to get buried in the feeble truth that is being presented as "historicity has been established"

Distance yourself from this. Don't try to prove something with feeble evidence. Move on. Make what is known well well known rather that try and rationalize Advani's political trick.

Helping Advani's cause may be good, but even better that to tag on to his coat tails is for others to blaze a new path unhindered by Advani's reputation or by the burden of his inadvertent mistakes.

This Masjid argument has been going on too long. If the masjid had not been destroyed it would have been better because then people could argue that there is an entire temple underneath. But now that is not possible and there is only some rubble underneath. That site has been occupied since 100 BC according to ASI. Well naturally. We know that.

The Hindu argument actually gets weaker. Please open your eyes and seal your lips on the issue.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote: Please open your eyes and seal your lips on the issue.
Our eyes are open since we got freedom 60 years ago
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Acharya wrote:
shiv wrote: Please open your eyes and seal your lips on the issue.
Our eyes are open since we got freedom 60 years ago
Well all that is needed now is to stop offering "proof of temple" under an accidentally and inadvertently destroyed Masjid.

Why can people not understand that if that masjid had been standing today in ayodhya it would have been such a powerful symbol. People would have believed what they wanted to believe, but it would have been to Hindu advantage, unlike now, where Hindus are teh laughing stock of anyone who wants to mock.

It could have been easily said "There is a huge temple underneath that structure. That structure stands as living proof of atrocities against Hindus. But we will not destroy the masjid despite that fact that theer is a huge huuuuuuge temple below. And by not destroying that Masjid we show how good we Hindus are and how tolerant we have been against the most murderous assault on our ways and on our people". And unlike now, nobody would have been able to deny the temple theory.

But no. Alas. It was not to be.

Our people were too stupid.

Like the goose that laid goden eggs they cut open the goose and found no eggs inside. They brought down what could have been a symbol and found no temple worth mentioning. I am sure Advani would have used the standing Masjid to better political advantage - but the crowd of Hindus, like us on the forum were too literal about the meaning of "Temple below masjid". They, like us, could not understand the symbolism. They went and brought down the mosque. How stupid to do that. But at least the kar sevaks went home and allowed the fiasco to rest. But we don't even seem to have that much sense and we continue to support a dead political story now.

Drop it. It is Advanis problem. Not yours.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote:
Acharya wrote: Our eyes are open since we got freedom 60 years ago

Whay can people not understand that if that masjid had been standing today in ayodhya it would have been such a powerful symbol.
What if a new temple is built for everyone to see the history of revival of India after Independence.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Acharya wrote:
shiv wrote:
Whay can people not understand that if that masjid had been standing today in ayodhya it would have been such a powerful symbol.
What if a new temple is built for everyone to see the history of revival of India after Independence.
That is what is being tried now. But building a temple now does not prove that there was an old temple there. That argument needs to be laid to rest.

The "temple under mosque" thing was Advanis political trick. We must move on and stop offering unbelievable stories as "proof". The problem about history is not what YOU believe. It is about what the unbelievers believe. You cannot change thier minds by offering some rubble as "definite proof" as an after thought when the mosque was accidentally destoyed.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

shiv wrote:Why can people not understand that if that masjid had been standing today in ayodhya it would have been such a powerful symbol. People would have believed what they wanted to believe, but it would have been to Hindu advantage, unlike now, where Hindus are teh laughing stock of anyone who wants to mock.

It could have been easily said "There is a huge temple underneath that structure. That structure stands as living proof of atrocities against Hindus. But we will not destroy the masjid despite that fact that theer is a huge huuuuuuge temple below. And by not destroying that Masjid we show how good we Hindus are and how tolerant we have been against the most murderous assault on our ways and on our people". And unlike now, nobody would have been able to deny the temple theory.
This seems to be an Indian/Hindu predeliction: Always trying to offer proof to the world that how good and moral we are. It continually seeks to get attention, affirmation & validation of its goodness.

There are literally thousands of places where temple destruction has occured, and has been proven. Qutab Minar (even now) has stones with images of ganesh and other gods. There are hundreds of temples destroyed in Mathura, Banaras etc. Somnath's destruction needs no further proof. There is just no dearth of evidence. What has all that PR given the Hindus/Indians?

Let us face it: Hindus have failed to make a coherent statement about dealing with historical vandalism. They haven't even resolved amongst themselves whether they want the temple back or not. There is a lack of commanility of thought (or as Johann used to say, solidarity). No wonder the opponent picks on this sense of vascillation and can easily label some as Secular Hindus, and some as right-wing hard-line Hindus.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote:
The "temple under mosque" thing was Advanis political trick. We must move on and stop offering unbelievable stories as "proof". The problem about history is not what YOU believe. It is about what the unbelievers believe. You cannot change thier minds by offering some rubble as "definite proof" as an after thought when the mosque was accidentally destoyed.
But this has nothing to do with Advani or rubble.
This is about millions of believers who want to revive what their ancestors built for divine prayers thousands of years ago. Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.
Last edited by svinayak on 11 Feb 2008 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Raju

Post by Raju »

shiv wrote:This is a self inflicted Hindu self goal. All of Ayodhya is sacred. Advani used the Masjid as a lever to get the BJP to power at one stage in history and we have never moved beyond that because we are too thick to see beyond. We are desperately trying to prove that there is a temple at that spot and we are unable to go beyond the most feeble argument that you have so eloquently put forward:

the Babri Masjid thing has a political context. It came one year after murder of Rajiv Gandhi. He and his mother needed to be eliminated for this movement to move forward. Though Advani was crucial in implementing the plan of destruction of that masjid and leveraging the hindutva sentiment at ground level, it is very much possible that the entire plan was hatched abroad or some western intelligence HQ.

It has been such a success that it has diverted genuine hindu aspertion of a holy city and succesfully trivialised it by entirely focussing the debate and hindu sentiments to just a petty structure or some crappy masjid. In conspiracy by sociological studies this is the ultimate diversionary tactic. I wonder why people are not able to see this, are they blinded by the need to avenge muslims for their centuries ago deeds that they do not see this obvious fraud.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

shiv wrote:The "temple under mosque" thing was Advanis political trick. .
Shiv with all due respects; you are letting the immediate history of Ayodhya and its place in BJP politics color your eyes when looking at the responses of various posters here. At least mine I think.

A large part of what you say is true; and all of Ayodha is sacred etc.

What I am saying is simple -- was there a temple beneath the Mosque? By all indications yes. Almost certainly.

However IMVHO using your own advice; lets get over it. There was a temple it was broken and built over and broken again; what the big deal -- there are numerous example all over the place.

You miss the semen drops? Guess what there are more in Kashi and Mathura; I have seen them with my eyes. I have seen many in Delhi and many more all over North India.

So you are over reacting to the breaking of Babri mosque -- big deal really -- remove it from the BJP agenda-- and its presence or breaking for me is not really cataclysmic; for those North Indians who want to see; they can still see the truth (using the regional call here since we are talking of immediate regional repercussions no other meaning is meant) of the Islamic invasions. They thankfully don't live in Metros and learn their history from Romila Thapar books.

So the I see no reason to shy away from accepting that there was a temple just as I see no reason to particularly crow about it; since I am not Advani and future of Hinduism is more important than future of RSS/BJP.

Finally people will believe what they want to believe; this is a observation not a argument. I am stating it and not supporting it as a way of making debate. What will you do about it? It is so and thats that. If you haven't figured out the non believers would still not have believed even when all the worlds proof was laid at their doors. Before, after the Masjid was demolished or even if you gave them time travel. Why don't you understand this bit? (non believers == HISI + Islamic factions + IMs)

The question here is not of history or right or wrong or truth for those sorts; its for survival of their thought patterns without which they will just go to pieces.

Trying to say "It is about what the unbelievers believe." is a first degree self goal if I may say that.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Raju wrote:
shiv wrote:This is a self inflicted Hindu self goal. All of Ayodhya is sacred. Advani used the Masjid as a lever to get the BJP to power at one stage in history and we have never moved beyond that because we are too thick to see beyond. We are desperately trying to prove that there is a temple at that spot and we are unable to go beyond the most feeble argument that you have so eloquently put forward:

the Babri Masjid thing has a political context. It came one year after murder of Rajiv Gandhi. He and his mother needed to be eliminated for this movement to move forward. Though Advani was crucial in implementing the plan of destruction of that masjid and leveraging the hindutva sentiment at ground level, it is very much possible that the entire plan was hatched abroad or some western intelligence HQ.

It has been such a success that it has diverted genuine hindu aspertion of a holy city and succesfully trivialised it by entirely focussing the debate and hindu sentiments to just a petty structure or some crappy masjid. In conspiracy by sociological studies this is the ultimate diversionary tactic. I wonder why people are not able to see this, are they blinded by the need to avenge muslims for their centuries ago deeds that they do not see this obvious fraud.
Perhaps because you have provided zero evidence of any of the above apart from personal faith that all such incidents are planned by western intelligence or what not.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Sanku wrote:You miss the semen drops? Guess what there are more in Kashi and Mathura; I have seen them with my eyes. I have seen many in Delhi and many more all over North India.
Sanku:

Can I request you to briefly tell us what you saw. I am curious, as I have not visited those places. A first hand-account is most informative.

Thanks.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Raju wrote: In conspiracy by sociological studies this is the ultimate diversionary tactic. I wonder why people are not able to see this, are they blinded by the need to avenge muslims for their centuries ago deeds that they do not see this obvious fraud.
With all due and undue :wink: respects; Hindu's first lost Hindustan without the help of a overarching western puppet masters; and I think the people who have Hindu's been defeated the most by is actually Hinudus themselves always. What I mean is that folks may or may not have their agenda towards us but its success was less due to their brilliance and more due to the mistakes we were making anyway. Just like its in cricket. The only team which can defeat India is India itself.

So even if it was giant diabolical plan and all that; I just dont think the puppet masters are all that powerful; even if they have a Harry Seldon India produces enough Mules. :P

So was the bringing down the the Babri structure a good or a bad thing in its impact and implications? I dont think we have a psycho-history team at BRF good enough to read all the possible event lines through the space-time continuum.
Raju

Post by Raju »

there is proof relating to Rajiv's assasination in that it was PV Narasimha Rao who goaded Rajiv much against his wishes to visit Sriperumbudur when Rajiv himself was not particularly keen on doing so. As Rajiv visited Sriperumbudur almost all the top Congress brass stood at a safe distance from him (which is not normally the case) away from the crowds that had gathered to greet him. Rajiv's assasination led to PV Narasimha Rao assuming PMship and he did little to stop the demolition of Babri Masjid. Advani and BJP needed both PVN and elimination of Rajiv to carry out this plan. This entire movement required lot of work preceeding it, and ultimately Babri Masjid was demolished at the most inopportune time whereas if it had stood standing the entire country would have been supportive of hindu sentiments today and would not have been distracted by the farcical act of demolition. This in turn has led to the trivialisation of the hindutva struggle for Ayodhya as a holy land at par with Mecca, Vatican etc.

Secondly if indeed the entire plan was hatched in India itself then ofcourse there would have been recourses and several sub plans on how to carry on with the project inspite of temporary setbacks instead the whole movement of Ramjanambhoomi has come to a grinding halt at the step of Babri dispute itself. Why are there no new plans or ideas emanating from BJP/VHP, to me it is clear that the case is where it stands because it wasn't an entirely Indian plan to begin with.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

surinder wrote: Can I request you to briefly tell us what you saw. I am curious, as I have not visited those places. A first hand-account is most informative.
I will try; but I think the word "rubble architecture" tells all; I dont think many people get the allusion.

Overall what you see some of the following

a Muslim structure built on top (literally) of a older Hindu one. In a building the lower part is typical Hindu (as you would see in temples in the south) mostly untouched except that carving would be destroyed. At slightly higher levels the Islamic structures start; in many cases its a ugly hapzardly put together rough structure with very uneven stones hastily pasted together with some sort of cement. Only close inspection (not a very close one is needed :cry: ) you can see that the stones so glued together are actually broken pieces of older finer much carved stones.

Spend some time and like a jigsaw puzzle you can put together what would be piece of a large statue which is now in different pieces at different parts of a wall and so on.

In many cases the temple complex is too big; part of it gets the tender loving care as described above. The other part are is just broken off any carvings and left like ravished pillars.

Still elsewhere a part of the temple is left standing deliberately but very close by (usually adjacent) the mosque is built clearly by tearing down the portion of the old temple. At mathura for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishnajanmabhoomi

In Kashi hordes of CRPF make sure that you dont get too close to disputed parts.

Want more?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Sanku wrote:...
Want more?
Sure. Please say more.

What you described is sad reading. With such clear evidence of hisotrical pillaging, why is there even a debate on the question of "Did Muzslims destroy hindu temples?"

What has the world done?

Well, hindus/indians will have to grow up one day and realize that the world give not a flying f*** to all this evidence. You want something, take it. The world does not owe anything to the Indians. In this world, all power flows from the teer/kamaan. Begging for justice and fairplay is laughable.

It is a sad commentery on the followers of Ram and Krishna to abandon the path of war of their God to become meek followers of ahimsa begging the world to show mercy and give justice to India. No amount of pleadings of Raam would have gotten Sita back. The arrows of Raam did the trick.

Indian misery started the day Indians turned their backs on the warrior tradition of Rama & Krisha.
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

Well, the redoubtable Sita Ram Goel has written a very good book called "Hindu Temples: What Happened to Them" that is in two volumes. He has painstakingly chronicled the destruction of about 3,000 Hindu temples by Muslim invaders over the generations. You can read the books online. (Read the second volume first as it has more meat.)

Hindu Temples: What Happened to Them -- Volume One

http://voiceofdharma.org/books/htemples1/

Hindu Temples: What Happened to Them -- Volume Two

http://voiceofdharma.org/books/htemples2/

Praful Goradia, the BJP MP, has written a stunning book called Hindu Masjids where he has gone to the temples now converted into mosques and taken pictures and written their history.

http://www.prafullgoradia.com/hindu-mas ... -book.html
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Hagia Sophia
Hagia Sophia (Greek: Ἁγία Σοφία; "Holy Wisdom", Turkish: Ayasofya) is a former patriarchal basilica, later a mosque, now a museum, in Istanbul, Turkey. Famous in particular for its massive dome, it is considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture. It was the largest cathedral in the world for nearly a thousand years, until the completion of the Medieval Seville Cathedral in 1520.

The current building was originally constructed as a church between 532 and 537 AD on the orders of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian, and was in fact the third Church of the Holy Wisdom to occupy the site (the previous two had both been destroyed by riots). It was designed by two architects, Isidore of Miletus and Anthemius of Tralles. The Church contained a large collection of holy relics and featured, among other things, a 50 ft (15 m) silver iconostasis. It was the patriarchal church of the Patriarch of Constantinople and the religious focus point of the Eastern Orthodox Church for nearly 1000 years.

In 1453, Constantinople was conquered by the Ottoman Turks and Sultan Mehmed II ordered the building to be converted into a mosque. The bells, altar, iconostasis, and sacrificial vessels were removed, and many of the mosaics were eventually plastered over. The Islamic features - such as the mihrab, the minbar, and the four minarets outside - were added over the course of its history under the Ottomans. It remained as a mosque until 1935, when it was converted into a museum by the secular Republic of Turkey.

For almost 500 years the principal mosque of Istanbul, Hagia Sophia served as a model for many of the Ottoman mosques such as the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque of Istanbul), the Şehzade Mosque, the Süleymaniye Mosque, and the Rüstem Pasha Mosque.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

JCage, maybe you are right. I am open to your viewpoint.
JCage wrote: Yeah sure. By the same standards, then all acts of omission and commission get a whitewash even when they impact what people today feel and perceive. This splitting hairs and parsing statements wont work. Those folks who broke down the structure had every right to recover their religious place and India's politically expedient "secular constitution" matters little when its used as a tool to support votebanking and actions directed squarely against hindu interests. A cobbled together quasi british document, a bunch of appeals to emotion about "uncalled for", and you play judge and jury?
I oppose the acts of ommission and commission. If there is something wrong with the Constitution, it needs to be changed. But it surely cannot be changes with sticks and stones in hands, by burning cars, by killing people. Maybe those people had the "right" to "recover" their place of worship, however I found it hard to support that particular act. Yes, it is the use of the constitution for votegrabbing that should be fought against. In today's world, with a Nation of the March, I cannot see that fighting always has to mean fighting on the streets with bloodbath. And no, I do not play judge and jury. What is my opinion worth? it does not affect the ground situation in India a slight bit. but hey, I can still have an opinion can't I?
JCage wrote: Your statements about the workers being "aggressive fanatics" themselves reek of dhimmitude. Who are you to decide who is a fanatic and who is not? Just because you, in your dhimmi glory can live with islamic atrocities protected under a misguided veneer of secularism, that doesnt mean others will and should. I dont even care about Ayodhya, but can easily recognise it as an indelible symbol of imperial Islam and the brutality with which it treated and continues to treat non Muslims while the Muslim community is complicit in a code of silence whenever these issues are raised.
A fanatic for one could be a saint for another. Again my word is not the rule of law so if I think of someone as a fanatic, it does not make them one, except in my eyes. For me, a fanatic is anyone who takes up arms, indulges in mob violence unless they were physically attacked. I don't believe modern India needs any more mob violence.
JCage wrote: Here we have an edifice of imperial Islam, and it must be respected despite being built on a temple because India is trying to be a secular nation. Uh sure. Why dont the muslims hand it over and other such temples to the hindu community then? What of the onus on the Muslim community to strike a new beginning in this new India and do the right thing, as compared to the selfish, parochial and self serving approach which they have chosen and almost always continue to do so. "Whats mine is mine, and whats yours is mine as well. And oh, lets not talk about how I got this since it offends me and you know how I am when I am offended". And of course, we have folks like you come in to put the hoary stamp of secularism around it and anyone who does different is an aggressive fanatic!
By that logic many other Mosques in India are remnants of imperial Islam. They should all be then demolished. Muslims, if they come out on the streets to oppose it, should all be killed. Surely 80 crore+ can overpower some 18 crore by brute force. Indians did not want a mosque before they were defeated by the imperial Islamists, did they? so all, or most mosques were built by the people who defeated the Indians. Now that India is independant again, let us delete all remnants of history that remind us of our defeat regardless of what other Indians of today may feel.
Now it would have been nice is the Muslims community had said okay, this place is of religious significance to you and one of the rulers in the past broke a temple and built a mosque (provided it is proven, like Shiv says) so in the interest of national harmony, we give it to you. Would that be better? maybe, but even of many Muslims agree, the political gainseekers will never let that happen. There will be leaders among the Hindu community who will come out as the 'protectors of the minority'. The issue will linger on. And what if Muslims don't agree, should the place be forcibly snatched?
"Anyone who is different is an aggressive fanatic". No, I defined whom I think to be a fanatic. You have a different POV than I do but as long as you don't cry from the rooftop to kill innocent people, to blindly destroy property just because your POV is not being heard, you are not a fanatic in my eyes. Even if you were, I don't think you'd give a rat's behind about it.
JCage wrote: This is no ordinary temple or issue. Would sure love to see how many Muslims hand over Charar e Sharief if tomorrow a Hindu army violates, murders, pillages the area, razes it and builds a temple instead. And even if it were any simple temple, why should Hindus always turn the other cheek? They were the ones who were victimized and they have every right to take their religious places back.
That is my point of contention. How far back in history are we willing to go? How many 'mistakes' or atrocities of the past are we willing to revert in the present? I don't support what Babur did but India as I know it today is different from what it was then. Yes, India lost and I accept that fact. Had we been strong or united enough back then, the picture of our nation would have been entirely different. But history cannot be changed. Lessons can be learnt from it. What I learn from it is to make India so impregnable, so strong that no other invader, whether openly or covertly can ever defeat it and impose their way of life over our Dharmic way.
JCage wrote: Those "aggressive fanatics" and similar reactions by their peers is why India is not a fully blown dhimmi nation today. Their idealogical predecessors were the ones who fought as "aggressively and fanatically" to preserve their way of life and succeeded.
Their predecessor's was a time when you needed to fight with swords and guns....they were right when they fought. Today, the need is to fight with the law, with the legal system, and not with stones. That is my opinion.
JCage wrote: As regards India not being politically what it is today then, it is an irrelevant red herring at best, and a cruel joke otherwise. Yes, hindus were brutalized with cavalier disregard then, and in these free times, hindus continue to be brutalized and those who recover their own historical place of worship are aggressive fanatics. We cant even discuss the same. Wonderful. From full blown dhimmi status to a light Islamic state where even a simple fact of recovering a Hindu temple is tut tutted upon. Why, those bad aggressive Hindus.
IF a Hindu is being brutalized today, then fight against it. If a bunch of Muslims come with torches in hand, ready to burn you, then you don't talk about dharma and secularism. You collect more of your people and kill them. However, I did not see the same situation in Babri masjid.
JCage wrote:
Calling them epithets is silly and to seek some mythical fine line between being dhimmis and being emphatic is similarly pointless.
The line is not mythical. Let me use an example. There is an institution in massaland called CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations). Now these people target any public figure that says anything against Islamism by claiming it as an attack on religious sentiments and against Islam. They immediately file a lawsuit and "legally threaten" the person to take their words back. Like we know, the legal system in massaland can be and is often misused in this manner. It is a sue-happy society. But if you come out with stones in your hands in massaland, unkil will throw you out in the pacific. These people know that and have adopted to the modern way of warfare. They have quite a few court cases going on, I hear. Now they may not succeed because they are fighting for the wrong cause in my opinion. However they cannot be called dhimmis. This is what I want to see. Change the Constitution if it is discriminating against Hindus, be united to throw out the reservation BS but do it in the right manner. Have a team of lawyers defending Hindutva. Have teams of doctors dedicated to the cause of Hindutva who will go out to help Hindu victims of natural disasters or riots. I would not object is one of them says in Kaleem Khwaja's tone "The doctors being Hindus have a natural sympathy towards Hindu victims, so they treat them first". :lol: Have teams of Hindu businessmen who donate and have programs to have the common Hindu donate for the cause of Hindutva. Have consciousness. Once the 80% plus Hindus become conscious of their Hindutva there will be no need for violence. The constitution will change in a flash and no one will be able to suppress them.
JCage wrote: What you seek in your harebrained nitpicking is some academic bunch of sissies who go around talking of a hindutva which continues to dominate the lecture tour while muslims continue to do whatever they feel, with zero care or regard for other religions. If this is not full blown dhimmitude, then I wonder what is.
What are the "Muslims doing whatever they feel" today? if they come down to break another temple, and the administration cannot stop them then I support that a Hindu mob collect to defend the temple and punish the perpetrators, preferably by dispatching them to meet their houris.
JCage wrote: You have zero empathy for the folks who were outraged at the Ayodhya issue and dismiss them as aggressive fanatics, while "secularism" matters more to you. It is this shameless one sided expectation from Hindus that has made a mockery out of the term. Muslims can get away with anything, including retaining mosques which were built on violence and captured Hindu temples...thats ok.

If a temple was destroyed and a mosque was built on the same, and if it is a prominent bone of contention, it has to be returned. Modern India should not accept these icons of Islamic depravity in a misguided fit of tolerance or secularism or whatever euphemisms you choose to disguise them under.

No sir, I do not have zero empathy for them. I just don't think they needed to use brute force that resulted in many lives being lost. If there is such a strong will to fight, the fight can be fought on different fronts. "Icons or Islamic depravity" - if they are unacceptable, then by all means demolish all mosques, mazars and madarassas in India. They are ALL a symbol of India's defeat of the past. Why only the one that was built over a temple? why not all that were build on our holy land? and our ancient holy land means Pakistan and Bangladesh too.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

archan wrote:
if they are unacceptable, then by all means demolish all mosques, mazars and madarassas in India.
You are missing the point by a mile, hopefully unintentionally.

Hindus wanting their places of hindu heritage rebuilt in the places where Islam deliberately desecrated and destroyed these monuments of Hindu Heritage is NOT the same as wantonly wanting to do a reverse-islam on Islam (by destroying and razing all mosques in India to the ground).
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

surinder wrote:
Sure. Please say more.

Indian misery started the day Indians turned their backs on the warrior tradition of Rama & Krisha.
Well Sanjay has done the honors by far.

Just a quote from Wiki
Varanasi (Benares) in 1922.
Varanasi (Benares) in 1922.

During successive invasions starting with the hordes of Mahmud of Ghazni in 1033 CE followed by Mohammed Ghori in 1193 CE, Muslims pillaged and destroyed several times Hindu temples (which were being continually rebuilt) in Varanasi, and used the temple material to build mosques. At the start of the seventeenth century, Mughal Emperor Akbar brought some relief in the destruction of Hindu temples, but near the end of that century, Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb led another temple destruction and even renamed the city as Mohammadâbâd. In these years of Muslim rule, learned scholars in Varanasi fled to other parts of India.
Talking of the warrior tradition; we should all read Ramdhari Singh Dinkar's Kurushetra (it will lose in translation for folks who will need english translation) especially the part where Rama's worship of the sea and subsequent taking up of arms during the Lanka crossing is described.

I am off to bed now; if some one can quote the para it will say all that needs to be done.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Surinder:
It is sad to see that the state of affairs hangs in a precarious balance on the ability of the Muslims to accept certain truths. There is something pathetic about a group of people with a chip on the shoulders who are eager to get acknowledgment of thier victimhood.
Surinderji, we are dharmic onlee. Remember the Mahabharat story - where Pandavas after returning from the Vanvaas demanded as little as 5 villages as a recompense for Duryodhan's treachery. It was denied and the rest is history.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Acharya wrote:
shiv wrote:
This is about millions of believers who want to revive what their ancestors built for divine prayers thousands of years ago. Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.
Ayodhya issue has been going from late nineteenth century and Madhura/Kashi issue from pre-independence days. So this dispute has to be looked at larger context and time frame than current day BJP/Advani regardless whether BJP did tricks or not.

I think proof comes into picture is because the case is in the court. In the mind of non-lefty Hindus, there is hardly any need for proof.

That leaves DDM types and vested interests to perpetuate the need for solid proof ( as if some pre historic stones found are not enough). You cannot convince them even if Ram Statue found deep under the structure. They may say tectonic shifts brought the statue under ground from near by area over time.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Acharya wrote:
shiv wrote:
Acharya ji,
You take what is yours , this is the messasge for so called "stupid" Hindus . The toleration , the argument is sign of impotancy. The place is holy to Hindus and just like Mecca and Jerusalem Hindus neen to set the rule.
Again go back to East Punjab of 47 . Muslims got West Punjab and were all sent across border. Punjab Hindus and Sikhs returned all the lovely favors done by Punjabi Muslims by provding all the motivation and facilities for the short journey.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

archan wrote:I oppose the acts of ommission and commission. If there is something wrong with the Constitution, it needs to be changed. But it surely cannot be changes with sticks and stones in hands, by burning cars, by killing people. Maybe those people had the "right" to "recover" their place of worship, however I found it hard to support that particular act. Yes, it is the use of the constitution for votegrabbing that should be fought against. In today's world, with a Nation of the March, I cannot see that fighting always has to mean fighting on the streets with bloodbath.
When the constitution has been subverted or rather it is lopsided in favour of one group vs the other, those who are left without a voice will resort to sticks and stones. And you are still using rhetoric here, "burning cars" - who in India hasnt burnt cars? Is this some exclusive privilege accomodated to the Hindu right? "Killing people"- how many people have Hindus killed? How is is that this rhetoric emerges when Hindus express their POV and take to political activism?
If the nation is on the march, then who is responsible and why are those who are part of this nation and have silently endured so much, supposed to sit idly by? When Muslims riot, kill and murder- its acceptable and not worth an iota of introspection by the community or the nation. But if Hindus counterreact- the nation is under threat! What kind of logic is this? Dont you realise how lopsided your own depiction is?
And no, I do not play judge and jury. What is my opinion worth? it does not affect the ground situation in India a slight bit. but hey, I can still have an opinion can't I?
Yes you did play judge and jury. You placed yourself on a moral pedestal because you didnt care about Ayodhya. Ergo those who were bothered were "aggressive fanatics". How is it that when Muslims riot in Bangalore over what GWB does in Iraq, they are not given a sound verbal thrashing and given a go by..but when Hindus engage in political activism, they become "aggressive fanatics"- in this you are just repeating what the leftist intellectuals say. See, without these "aggressive fanatics"- given the pathetic track record of a dhimmi GOI (see what happened to the Pandits), the common Hindu has no political voice. Like it or not, even you are affected and so am I. I loath the Hindu rights occasional idiots who go around attacking Valentines Day shops but dang, as much as it hurts me to admit, without these same guys, my so called Govt wouldnt give a sh*t if I was murdered, killed or converted, as long as my attackers got them the votes they wanted.
I respect your opinion, but I also wish to point out the points where you are still seeking the moral high ground! It doesnt work!

A fanatic for one could be a saint for another. Again my word is not the rule of law so if I think of someone as a fanatic, it does not make them one, except in my eyes. For me, a fanatic is anyone who takes up arms, indulges in mob violence unless they were physically attacked. I don't believe modern India needs any more mob violence.
What kind of cop out is this! So a group is attacked or constantly discriminated against, and it should just sit there and take it. If it approaches the public space, it is tarred with the filthiest epithets, and finally when it tears the edifice erected as a monument to mass murder, it is to blame! Tearing down an imperial structure is "fanaticism". What mob violence did they indulge in? And what is this modern India you keep going on about? Is it the same modern India which has been unable to resettle a single Pandit in his ancestral homeland? They did what they thought was right- if mob violence was to be prevented, why didnt the muslims not riot? Or is it that Hindus should always turn the other cheek, and be reasonable, mild, law abiding people? Does that even work!

By that logic many other Mosques in India are remnants of imperial Islam. They should all be then demolished. Muslims, if they come out on the streets to oppose it, should all be killed. Surely 80 crore+ can overpower some 18 crore by brute force. Indians did not want a mosque before they were defeated by the imperial Islamists, did they? so all, or most mosques were built by the people who defeated the Indians. Now that India is independant again, let us delete all remnants of history that remind us of our defeat regardless of what other Indians of today may feel.
Dont you understand how illogical your own statements are, filibustering doesnt change the fact that what was wrong, remains wrong and it will remain wrong irrespective of doomsday scenarios. It was you who was making the claim that secularism demands that Hindus give up the right to their temples - why cant Muslims do it then given their mosques were built via violence? So now you admit that for all the sophistry, Muslims wont give up what they got by force. Then if that is the case, where is the fallacy in them getting paid back in the same coin? Who is the fanatic here? The person who commits the crime, or the person who seeks restitution?

Who's preventing them from building more mosques the lawful way, but they have to do the right thing. Please read history before making statements that since Indians didnt want any Mosques, all mosques need to be razed. Hindu rulers allowed Arab traders leeway, allowed them to build mosques and practise Islam. We have allowed that to every community and religion that has come to India. But that doesnt mean we turn the other cheek when rapacious fanatics despoil our places of worship!

And who talked of murdering Muslims- again- so Hindus demand their temples back- ergo they will murder Muslims. This leap of logic is what is so bizarre- what is so sad is that many people have been virtually trained to think in the same manner by decades of our Congress/Leftist mandated Indian educational experience. If the GOI states that all these disputed monuments shall be investigated and handed over and matter resolved, then why should the Muslims complain?

Or is it that they want to have the cake and eat it too? If they want to enjoy the victors spoils, then I am sure there are countries out there that can accomodate the maulanas and mullahs who rabble rouse. But as far as Indian muslims are concerned, its high time they realised that blood was spilt in their name, and by continuing to soft peddle on Islams track record, they are only making things worse.

Now it would have been nice is the Muslims community had said okay, this place is of religious significance to you and one of the rulers in the past broke a temple and built a mosque (provided it is proven, like Shiv says) so in the interest of national harmony, we give it to you. Would that be better? maybe, but even of many Muslims agree, the political gainseekers will never let that happen. There will be leaders among the Hindu community who will come out as the 'protectors of the minority'. The issue will linger on. And what if Muslims don't agree, should the place be forcibly snatched?
Here you go again. "One of the rulers"- did you even understand what Shiv said? He said the whole of India is so soaked in blood thanks to Islam, that one temple pales into insignificance. And his point should be understood by you, before you trivialize this into "one temple", "proof" and "what will Muslims do". FYI, the number of temples that have been destroyed thanks to Islam are countless. The number of lives that have been lost incalculable. No amount of rationalization will make these events and their impact disappear.

So who cares what the Muslim gatekeepers think. Is it not enough, that Hindus continue to be killed by Muslims in India and that the Muslim community has NO sense of shame over the temple breaking and iconoclasm? Is it not enough for the Indians to themselves say "enough" and if you will not make symbolic restitution than we will. Will it return those millions of lives and thousands of temples? No it wont. But at the very least, it will draw a curtain on one of the most sickening and macabre acts of any religion, by giving the victims a final call on the issue.

"Anyone who is different is an aggressive fanatic". No, I defined whom I think to be a fanatic. You have a different POV than I do but as long as you don't cry from the rooftop to kill innocent people, to blindly destroy property just because your POV is not being heard, you are not a fanatic in my eyes. Even if you were, I don't think you'd give a rat's behind about it.
Who killed whom here? So the workers broke down a mosque and you called them fanatics! Now you are introducing murders and killing into it. That is a red herring. FYI, once Babri Masjid was torn down, who initiated the riots in India? Did Muslims come forth and say "Hindu brothers, we are shocked by your anger and the hurt that you must have had, we understand & will willingly compromise on all the locations that we think were taken over likewise"? If they had done so, I assure you a million Hindus would have fallen over themselves out of gratitude (and sentimentalism and even sheer kinship) to find alternate places for reconstructing mosques and what not. Instead, what did we see?

Riots. When riots occur, can you tell me what happens? Do you think one group will just get killed and walk off? Please wake up- even though you think these people are "very very bad", it is entirely this law of the jungle that exists because the GOI has done its votebanking to ridiculous levels. As a Sindhi says in the ebook on Partition- before partition we were dhotiwaalah, papad eating fools, now we strike back, we are terrible fiends. So it is, either way Hindus lose, either way you are already called a fanatic or an effete coward.

That is my point of contention. How far back in history are we willing to go? How many 'mistakes' or atrocities of the past are we willing to revert in the present? I don't support what Babur did but India as I know it today is different from what it was then. Yes, India lost and I accept that fact. Had we been strong or united enough back then, the picture of our nation would have been entirely different. But history cannot be changed. Lessons can be learnt from it. What I learn from it is to make India so impregnable, so strong that no other invader, whether openly or covertly can ever defeat it and impose their way of life over our Dharmic way.
How far back? As far back as the first temple we can discern was knocked over by a Muslim invader and is still being used as a mosque. Kindly read up on the topic- the number of mosques of this manner has been catalogued and well recorded. Statements like "India was a different country then"- so what?! Does that make the continued usage of mosques and Islamic iconoclastic behaviour acceptable? You talk about "lessons learnt"- what lessons have we learnt when we allow these symbols of Islamic barbarism and imperialism to still exist in an ostensibly free India? They are a disgrace and a shocking reminder of what Hindus went through and we should let them be? The rest is all sentimentalism- you talk as if Dharma will be defended, when the most brutal and open violation of the so called dharmic way is considered ok, and euphemisms to scaremongering are used by others to justify the same! Given that, what lessons have we learnt?! Or what lessons will we ever learn, when the most shocking examples of imperial barbarity are allowed to be and even protected via "secular speech" and the like?

Their predecessor's was a time when you needed to fight with swords and guns....they were right when they fought. Today, the need is to fight with the law, with the legal system, and not with stones. That is my opinion.
Hello, the legal system is defunct. If it were functioning, half of Indias ills wouldnt be around. You keep talking law, while the other side uses social mobilization and has laws amended, what then! But you dismiss that as aggressive fanaticism! As disrespect for the Constitution! This when shariah is being practised separately in India and that is ok! A country where genocide was committed against the native population and now the same kind of laws and justification that had it done, are now openly proclaimed! Is this acceptable?
IF a Hindu is being brutalized today, then fight against it. If a bunch of Muslims come with torches in hand, ready to burn you, then you don't talk about dharma and secularism. You collect more of your people and kill them. However, I did not see the same situation in Babri masjid.
You are willing to fight Muslims via riots and kill them. But you are not willing to remove a monument to genocide. Doesnt that strike you as the least bit bizarre? Understand this- the existence of a Babri Masjid is equal to brutalizing the Hindu pysche. The intransigence of Muslims in refusing to admit that they did wrong provokes violence. If Muslims in India were a tenth as accomodating as their Hindu brethren, there would be no torches or killing. There is a huge historical sense of guilt- they have to acknowledge it and stand up to their responsibility.

The line is not mythical. Let me use an example. There is an institution in massaland called CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations). Now these people target any public figure that says anything against Islamism by claiming it as an attack on religious sentiments and against Islam. They immediately file a lawsuit and "legally threaten" the person to take their words back. Like we know, the legal system in massaland can be and is often misused in this manner. It is a sue-happy society. But if you come out with stones in your hands in massaland, unkil will throw you out in the pacific. These people know that and have adopted to the modern way of warfare. They have quite a few court cases going on, I hear. Now they may not succeed because they are fighting for the wrong cause in my opinion. However they cannot be called dhimmis. This is what I want to see. Change the Constitution if it is discriminating against Hindus, be united to throw out the reservation BS but do it in the right manner. Have a team of lawyers defending Hindutva. Have teams of doctors dedicated to the cause of Hindutva who will go out to help Hindu victims of natural disasters or riots. I would not object is one of them says in Kaleem Khwaja's tone "The doctors being Hindus have a natural sympathy towards Hindu victims, so they treat them first". :lol: Have teams of Hindu businessmen who donate and have programs to have the common Hindu donate for the cause of Hindutva. Have consciousness. Once the 80% plus Hindus become conscious of their Hindutva there will be no need for violence. The constitution will change in a flash and no one will be able to suppress them.
Sorry archan, you are talking pie in the sky stuff here. Given the way the current vested interests have taken power, CAIR is the de facto ruling Govt in India. They are the ones who run the law, who make sure that shariah is acceptable and what not. I'll tell you a simple thing- if things hadnt reached such stupid limits, there would be no BJP or whatever. It was the constant use of the law and the so called constitution by the INC and its chamchas against the majority which led to the current mass mobilization. And it will continue till a tide develops. The only way this tide can be checked is not by law or order or by constitutional nit picking, its by open and frank redressal of legitimate grievances. Which include the complete whitewashing of Islamic history in India to be stopped. Ordinary Muslims have to live with it and they better! If I as a Hindu can acknowledge that Hindus need to improve, so do they, vs their community!
What are the "Muslims doing whatever they feel" today? if they come down to break another temple, and the administration cannot stop them then I support that a Hindu mob collect to defend the temple and punish the perpetrators, preferably by dispatching them to meet their houris.
Of course they are doing what they want, or rather their execrable mullahs are and the general community is going along with it while calling any criticism as victimization. Just see the indianmuslims blog for eg- those are the educated indian muslims who use the net mind you! Its all hidden in the bylines of national papers as "two communities clashed". Tell me, what happened in UP recently? Whats happening in Assam? How dare a UPA Minister stand before a court of law and defend shariah? How dare a Muslim attack Taslima in non Muslim India? But it happens all the time. And you keep waiting for the proverbial straw to break the camels back? And then of course when violence escalates we'll have hand wringing.

No sir, I do not have zero empathy for them. I just don't think they needed to use brute force that resulted in many lives being lost. If there is such a strong will to fight, the fight can be fought on different fronts. "Icons or Islamic depravity" - if they are unacceptable, then by all means demolish all mosques, mazars and madarassas in India. They are ALL a symbol of India's defeat of the past. Why only the one that was built over a temple? why not all that were build on our holy land? and our ancient holy land means Pakistan and Bangladesh too.
Please understand what I had written before going off on a tangent and putting words in my mouth.

All mosques and mazhars and madrassas in India are not icons of Islamic depravity.

But those built on captured temples, captured land definitely are.

They have to go- no two questions about it.

As regards pakistan and bangladesh, they took independence from India and we are not bothered about them. As far as I am concerned, those nations dont exist- the people themselves there have gone over lock stock and barrel and theirs to reason why and deal with it. Committing genocide is not an option for me- they will suffer and rise on their own, and thats that. Perhaps over time, we can negotiate pilgrimages etc if you and others who are concerned over the sacred land etc wish. That would be reasonable.

Brute force was needed at Babri Masjid because of the sheer shamelessness with which muslim leaders approached the issue.

Here is the temple marking the birthplace of the consort of Lord Ram, and the gents are not willing to give it up, despite it having been built via violence. Nothing works for them, no ASI reports nothing. So tell me, what would you have Hindus do? Beg them? And in practical terms, even that was tried.

One word against the prophet and in a non Muslim country we have threats! The actual areas of historical and religious significance of Hindus in India- first, ravaged by Muslims, captured and then on top of it, abused by building symbols of imperial domination on their rubble.

If I wanted to live in a Muslim country I'd go to Saudi. Who the heck gave these chaps the right to convert this non Muslim country into an example of islamic domination?
Last edited by JCage on 11 Feb 2008 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

archan wrote:JCage, maybe you are right. I am open to your viewpoint.
Archan; I hope you dont mind my saying that your post was hilarious to say the least; the part which real cracked me up was the comparison to CAIR and America.

Well my friend India is not America is it? Not the same ratios of population and not the same history?

Perhaps th 92 riots were a new thing for you; for older North Indians it was no big deal. Riots were invented by the Islamistics a while back a a force projection arm twisting tactic to get what they wanted.

What was special about 92 was that Hindu's did something pro actively for the first time since Brits formed a fixed rule over India. Usually it had been reactive.

So given the till very recent history plus the fact that most non violent means of grievance redressal had been closed to Hindu's by GoI+intelligentsia.

So by all means 92 was bad; but other than taking the moral high ground and letting yourself getting cut up; as was advocated by Gandhi do you have a better "practical" suggestion? And by cut up I don't mean cut up only in the narrow sense of physical destruction of a individual.

So remember great changes are brought by great forces; if it can be done with civil means (almost never ever) cool.. otherwise some form of force has to be used. If you don't prefer sticks and stones; chose your methods.

Finally in the closing; if the so called 80% would actually put their shoulders to wheel to apply some force things would have happened long back is it not?

The problem is that the 80% as surender says; is to dispersed to stand together.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Abhijit wrote:Surinder:
It is sad to see that the state of affairs hangs in a precarious balance on the ability of the Muslims to accept certain truths. There is something pathetic about a group of people with a chip on the shoulders who are eager to get acknowledgment of thier victimhood.
Surinderji, we are dharmic onlee. Remember the Mahabharat story - where Pandavas after returning from the Vanvaas demanded as little as 5 villages as a recompense for Duryodhan's treachery. It was denied and the rest is history.
This is by far one of the most amazing analogies I have seen, and no I am not being sarcastic. How true. In India, Hindus have asked for their "five villages", only to be mocked, refused and laughed at. They are still asking for their "five villages". They are still being called names for having the temerity to do so. One simple question- what happens when the asking stops, and the taking begins?
Last edited by JCage on 11 Feb 2008 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

VSudhir: Hats off to you....you saw and said something right at the beginning when this thread was started. This is starting to look like a "Hindu Narrative" thread.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

JCage wrote: Like it or not, even you are affected and so am I. I loath the Hindu rights occasional idiots who go around attacking Valentines Day shops but dang, as much as it hurts me to admit, without these same guys, my so called Govt wouldnt give a sh*t if I was murdered, killed or converted, as long as my attackers got them the votes they wanted.
Well said!!! several Hindus are exactly in that state.
satyarthi
BRFite

Post by satyarthi »

JCage wrote:
Abhijit wrote: Surinderji, we are dharmic onlee. Remember the Mahabharat story - where Pandavas after returning from the Vanvaas demanded as little as 5 villages as a recompense for Duryodhan's treachery. It was denied and the rest is history.
This is by far one of the most amazing analogies I have seen, and no I am not being sarcastic. How true. In India, Hindus have asked for their "five villages", only to be mocked, refused and laughed at. They are still asking for their "five villages". They are still being called names for having the temerity to do so. One simple question- what happens when the asking stops, and the taking begins?
I can imagine a poster with caption: "Waiting for Krishna".

And that Krishna, aint Lal-Krishna.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

JCage, Sanku, I am sorry, you are right I am wrong. I cannot see it.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

what we need is a recounting of the main genocidal and oppressive events against Hindus by Islamic invaders in a popular media like films or TV. Can the sickulers object to films on the lives of Sikh gurus (and their young kids) brutally murdered by Islam? Can there be a film on the sacking of Somnath temple and thousands of Hindus put to sword while pathetically chanting Shiv Manta? How about a film on Rani Padmini and the subsequent johaar of Rajput women to escape the Islamic rape? How about the brutal and bestial torture of Sambhaji for his refusal to convert to Islam? Let the sickulars or Islam defend the history as it happened.
Let the Islam of today dissociate itself visibly and unequivocally from the Islam of yesteryears or failing that let it be prepared for the consequences. Because the day of '100 transgressions of Shishupal' is approaching fast.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Acharya wrote: But this has nothing to do with Advani or rubble.
Then why is everyone getting caught up in the argument about nature of rubble?

If Babar and his henchmen had any sense - which they could have had - they would have pulverised the temple good and proper - leaving little to be recognised and plenty to be disputed. By desperately sticking to trying to prove that Ayodhya point we are missing the broader picture. And the broader picture gets muddied and diluted by the fact that there are a hundred and one hurdles - starting from politics right up to our courts to trying to prove the existence of a temple there.

We need to move out of the "temple in that particular spot onlee" argument to temples in a hajaar places. Set the record straight rather than getting entangled over one - one that was an accident of contemporary history. I suspect that building was so dilapidated that it got torn down by a mob. I don't think it was Advani's intention to see it torn down. If you recall the events of that day, the demolition was a complete surprise and it seemed to get torn down very quickly. Ever seen a brick and stone building being torn down by a mob after that (or before that?) The building has to be easy to tear down. Buildings by nature are not easily torn down. I would be happy to be taught otherwise.

The building came down after Advanis hi-voltage political yatra. It was a definite political victory for Advani and the BJP except for the falling down of the mosque.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

surinder wrote:
This seems to be an Indian/Hindu predeliction: Always trying to offer proof to the world that how good and moral we are. It continually seeks to get attention, affirmation & validation of its goodness.
Absolutely true. And that is why everyone seems to be desperately trying to offer some rubble as proof that there was a temple there, and allowing opponents to have fun and take potshots at them. With the current state of affairs it is going to be very difficult to come up with conclusive proof. It becomes a matter of faith.

I have deliberately been on attack mode on people who say there was a temple under that mosque just to show how easy it is to muddy the issue for people who are desperately looking for "proof' of temple and offering third party descriptions of rubble as proof.

Politically- it is far better to stand outside a structure and say "Hey there is a temple below ground here. We claim this ground. You tear down your mosque"

Unfortunately a dilapidated building + agitated kar sevaks converted (probably unintentionally) an astute political opportunity into a shameful mess that is now a Muslim grievance as well as an unfulfilled Hindu grievance.

The whole event could have panned out better - but that was not to be. We now have to make the best of it. Making the best of it does not mean offering the weakest and most feeble proof as "temple remains" Now that the Masjid is down - that place needs to be excavated thoroughly and extensively. Until that happens there cannot be proof one way or another. Only faith that something or other is true.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Shiv:
Politically- it is far better to stand outside a structure and say "Hey there is a temple below ground here. We claim this ground. You tear down your mosque"

Unfortunately a dilapidated building + agitated kar sevaks converted (probably unintentionally) an astute political opportunity into a shameful mess that is now a Muslim grievance as well as an unfulfilled Hindu grievance.
Ok. Out of curiosity, Shiv, how would you have used this structure differently? Imagine that you are LKA/Singhal/Katiyar or anybody else and you have this huge following in 1992 and there is this dilapidated mosque. How would you have played it? I am not being confrontational but would genuinely like to know what (in your opinion) could have been a better political stratagem to result into a better outcome for Hindus.
satyarthi
BRFite

Post by satyarthi »

JCage wrote:
Abhijit wrote: Surinderji, we are dharmic onlee. Remember the Mahabharat story - where Pandavas after returning from the Vanvaas demanded as little as 5 villages as a recompense for Duryodhan's treachery. It was denied and the rest is history.
In India, Hindus have asked for their "five villages", only to be mocked, refused and laughed at.
Just to belabor the striking parallels a bit more:

Out of thousands of temples destroyed/desecrated, return of only three temples was demanded ; Ayodhya (Rama-janmabhumi), Mathura (Krishna janmabhumi) and Kashi (Shiva-Vishvanath).

If there is ever a Mahabharata-2.0 then Vyasa2.0 may end up writing, "And they asked for only three temples, but were denied and mocked at!".
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Abhijit wrote:S
Ok. Out of curiosity, Shiv, how would you have used this structure differently? Imagine that you are LKA/Singhal/Katiyar or anybody else and you have this huge following in 1992 and there is this dilapidated mosque. How would you have played it? I am not being confrontational but would genuinely like to know what (in your opinion) could have been a better political stratagem to result into a better outcome for Hindus.
Let me speak what I think would have been the right political path and the path to take from now

Politically the thing to do is to claim injustice and grievance without giving the other person a chance to do the same thing back to you.

Surround the mosque, camp outside and demand evacuation of the site and extensive archeological digs. Start building a temple nearby. Get maximum political exposure of your good intentions without attracting criticism as being ill intended.

What happened in Ayodhya was unpredictable because the mosque came down. That was unexpected and not pre-planned. So an event that could have become a symbol of injustice to Hindus has now become just the opposite, a symbol of Hindu injustice against Muslims.

It is better to try and make the best of a bad bargain and speak the truth in a manner that is advantageous.

1) There is suggestion of a temple underneath, we need more excavation to expose thousands of years of history not just a few centuries.

2) The mosque structure was weak and it came down easily. That makes it easier to do the excavation that should now be allowed.

But to categorically claim that there is a temple on the feeble evidence that exists is a bad move politically. if the evidence is not conclusive, it allows political opponents to have a field day saying that all Hindu claims in all places are as feeble and weak as the claims of temple remains in Ayodhya.

This is not a matter for emotions and sentiment because emotions and sentiment can cause mistakes to happen that will allow political adversaries to take advantage. Hard headed unsentimental political calculation is needed to garner maximum support with minimum opposition. Not sentiment.