Aero India 2009

K Mehta
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2009

Post by K Mehta »

Arunkumar wrote:k mehtaji

I am planning to buy two tickets(for 14th, 800 waala) by asking a relative in bangalore to get them. What documents from my side would he require to buy the tickets or can I buy it onsite on 14th by showing voter-id. Feeling so :(( , I was in bangalore till monday evening.
Dunno about onsite.
If your relative is also going to attend, then its fine. The person who books the ticket should also be present along with his/her id, attending the show with you, IIRC. It was too confusing at malleshwaram, try mg road according to krishna j. try sending your voter card or D/L or passport, xerox might work.
other ppl who booked tickets can also help.
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Thanks
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

pretty ridiculous this song and dance to get into a airshow and expo. none of the weapons
are going to be armed and no mirage2k-dash10 to steal either.

these guys are living in another era.

a cricket match or religious festival like rayhyotsava yesterday is far more likely to be
a terrorist soft target. :evil:

the year they have online credit card booking is the year I will first visit AI
s sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by s sharma »

Some info from the Defense News website (http://www.defensenews.com/osd.php?o=VSDI)

Also the Plan for the show for 2009:

It will be fun! Maja ayega!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Is this verification thingie even for general air-display tickets? :?:

I was planning to ask my friend to buy one for me when he goes to get his..
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

just a little salivation in advance

tomorrow four Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft belonging to the German Air Force (Luftwaffe fame) will arrive at the Air Force Station, Yelahanka - the Typhoon makes it debut in AI !!

At least EADS and the Germans are wooing the IAF unlike the Rafale where we will again see a tiny model on static display
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Singha wrote:pretty ridiculous this song and dance to get into a airshow and expo. none of the weapons
are going to be armed and no mirage2k-dash10 to steal either.

these guys are living in another era.

a cricket match or religious festival like rayhyotsava yesterday is far more likely to be
a terrorist soft target. :evil:

the year they have online credit card booking is the year I will first visit AI
Online credit card booking system was exisiting for the past 2 shows
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

A Sharma wrote:BEL to showcase Network Centric Warfare capabilities at Aero India 2009::
(January 31, 2009)

Premier Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) will display its Network Centric Warfare (NCW) capabilities and solutions at Aero India 2009. These customer-specific solutions, designed and developed in close association with BEL?s customers, cover the requirements of the Army, Navy and Air Force.

NCW solutions from BEL

Command and Control System solutions for the Army include the Artillery Command, Control and Communications System (ACCS), Battlefield Management System (BMS) and Tactical Communication System (TCS). These, along with the other Army products like Battle Field Surveillance Radar, Communication equipment for various applications and the Air Defence System, AKASH, will be on display.

For the Navy, BEL has developed the Combat Management System (CMS) and the ATM-based Shipboard Data Network (AISDN). These and the other Naval products like Composite Communication System (CCS) and Target Designator will be displayed.

The Integrated Air Command and Control System (IACCS) is the major display for the Air Force. Various Airborne products like Radar Warning Receivers, Radar Finger Printing System and Data Link will also be showcased during the show.

Other systems / equipment on display

BEL's presence at Aero India 2009 will also include the complete range of Opto Electronic products, Contract Manufacturing capabilities and RF ID solutions.

All major sub-systems of AKASH, the guided missile air defence weapon system will be displayed at the outdoor section. The Tactical Communication System and networked Battle Field Surveillance Radars will also be displayed in the outdoor area.

BEL is constantly innovating to manufacture state-of-the-art professional electronic equipment and components for the international as well as domestic markets. BEL manufactures a wide range of Military Communication Systems, Radars and Sonars, Naval Systems, Telecom & Broadcast Systems, Electronic Warfare Systems, Tank Electronics, Opto Electronics, Professional Electronic Components and Solar Powered Systems.

At Aero India 2009, BEL will display selected products and equipment from its wide range which have very good export potential. They include Communication equipment, Command and Control Systems, Radars and Sonars, Opto Electronics and Thermal Imaging products, Electronic Warfare Systems, Tank Electronics, Simulators and Avionic Systems..
The PSU including BEL, DRDO, HAl, MDL etc have very good stalls. You may meet somebody who is very informative and willing to talk to you.

But all the 5 fingers on one hand are not the same ! You will also meet a lot of a@#$%^&*s !!

Israelis are at times the worst They will not answer a single question
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

I just went to the bank today to buy a Rs 1500 pass and was refused! They want some kind on an ID card like DL, passport etc but I am not yet 18! They asked me to get a letter from my college! Why such much security?? :evil: :evil:
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

A Krish, you dont have a <100cc driving license?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A krish wrote:I just went to the bank today to buy a Rs 1500 pass and was refused! They want some kind on an ID card like DL, passport etc but I am not yet 18! They asked me to get a letter from my college! Why such much security?? :evil: :evil:
Send someone else for a ticket - but recall that if you look less than 18 even the security at Aero India may stop you from entering the halls. I could donate a few of my years to you and nobody would notice the difference in me. :lol:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

A krish wrote:I just went to the bank today to buy a Rs 1500 pass and was refused! They want some kind on an ID card like DL, passport etc but I am not yet 18! They asked me to get a letter from my college! Why such much security?? :evil: :evil:
You are less than 18!?! What are you doing, wasting your time on BRF?!! At your age I was chasing girls (or at least that's what it looked like to me unless they were running away from me :) ) but the seventies were a different era. Right Shiv?

Just kidding. Do what I used to do when I was trying to get into "A" movies - don't shave for a week or two and let the moustache show, carry a briefcase and wear dark glasses (don't let 'em see your eyes).
vicky_iyer
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vicky_iyer »

Hello All~

I finally managed to get a business class ticket today.

Any ideas, where Bharat Rakshak's gonna be seated during Aero India.

Thanks
-Vicky Iyer-
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

shiv wrote:
A krish wrote:I just went to the bank today to buy a Rs 1500 pass and was refused! They want some kind on an ID card like DL, passport etc but I am not yet 18! They asked me to get a letter from my college! Why so much security?? :evil: :evil:
Send someone else for a ticket - but recall that if you look less than 18 even the security at Aero India may stop you from entering the halls. I could donate a few of my years to you and nobody would notice the difference in me. :lol:
Children are the ones below 14! They have mentioned it on the website. The requirement is for an identification card to get the pass and show the security while entering! At least thats what they said!

Thanks for the offer Shiv, but I will wait for 2 months, that's when I turn 18!
I'll get that letter from my college tomorrow!
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

Anyone else going who has some knowledge of naval matters and can also take some pictures? if so, please email me.
vicky_iyer
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vicky_iyer »

maz wrote:Anyone else going who has some knowledge of naval matters and can also take some pictures? if so, please email me.
Hello Maz~

I would gladly take the photos; I am on the deck on 12th Feb. I have a Canon SLR and a Digi. Please let me know if you want me to cover anything specific on the Naval front.

Regards
-Vicky Iyer-
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Maz has a good idea:

Which one of the jingos going to the event can take a technical questionnaire on the LCH and some other helicopter programs from me and get the answers back?

If anyone is interested, please contact me at the following address: vivek_ahuja 123 at yahoo dot com

Thanks in advance.

-Vivek
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Infotech Enterprises participates in Aero India 2009

BAE Systems to display UAVs at Aero show

Boeing to display aerospace capabilities at aero show

Bangalore, Feb 05: The Boeing Company said on Thursday it would highlight its broad range of aerospace capabilities at the Aero India 2009 show, to be held here from Feb 11 to 15.

Boeing Integrated Defence Systems (IDS) would display the F/A-18F Super Hornet strike fighter and conduct daily aerial demonstrations with a full weapons payload during the show, the company said in a release.

The C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter would also be on display and participate in daily aerial demonstrations, it said.

The Boeing exhibit would feature large-scale models of the company's commercial airplanes, as well as interactive displays featuring a range of products and services which would include the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the 777 family, the 747-8 passenger and freighter series, and the next-generation 737 family, it added.

Raytheon to showcase defence tech at Aero India

NEW DELHI: Global technology major Raytheon Company plans to showcase a variety of defence and security technologies at the 2009 Aero India trade show in Bangalore to be held from February 11 to Feb 15, 2009.

Visitors to the Raytheon booth during Aero India will find a number of products on display including:

1) Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft

Raytheon’s AESA radar, electronic warfare systems and targeting pod offer technological capabilities that are among the most advanced being considered for India’s Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft competition. From towed decoys to an EW suite to advanced radar technology to air-to-air missiles and strike weapons, Raytheon intends to support the Indian Air Force with the best available technology and strong business relationships with members of Indian industry.

In addition, Raytheon’s air-to-air missiles and strike weapons are the most advanced in the world and being considered for India’s Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft competition. Products include: AIM-9 ‘Sidewinder’, High Speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM), Maverick, Joint Stand Off Weapon and Paveway laser guided bombs.

2) Homeland Security

With both military and civilian security applications, Raytheon offers solutions for situational and domain awareness. The company’s Athena system integrates, merges and displays data from multiple existing systems as a solution for port and border security. Another, RAID, elevates a suite of sensors on a tower or under an aerostat and provides persistent surveillance over a defined area in support of forward deployed forces, or for border and coastal surveillance.

3) Naval

Capabilities

In naval capabilities, Raytheon offers India and other allies the combat management system for current and future ships. Raytheon is also the only U.S. supplier of MK 54 lightweight torpedoes and MK 48 heavyweight torpedoes.

Raytheon is ready to assist the Indian Navy with the training and maintenance requirements for its technology. In 2007, when India acquired the INS ‘Jalashwa’ from the US Navy, the Indian Navy decided to retain the two Phalanx Close In Weapon Systems already onboard.

4) Air and Missile Defence

In air and missile defence, many countries of the world have deployed or are considering Raytheon’s Patriot, Hawk XXI and SL-AMRAAM systems. Patriot is a long-range, all-altitude, all-weather system. Hawk XXI is highly lethal against low-to-medium altitude systems, and SL-AMRAAM represents the next generation in advanced short-to-medium range air and missile defense systems.

Each system integrates with existing air defence systems and provides protection from threat aircraft, cruise missiles and tactical ballistic missiles. These products and technologies will be featured at the Aero India show.

5) Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems

Raytheon’s Multi-Mission Maritime Capabilities on Display at Aero India Raytheon will highlight the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) radar capabilities behind the US Navy’s P-8A Poseidon program. As a member of Boeing’s P-8A industry team, Raytheon has offered its AN/APY-10 radar for the P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft contract with India.

6) Global ISR

At Aero India, Raytheon will feature its global intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance technologies – a suite of Raytheon defence technologies that can be tailored to the customer’s mission need. Global ISR technologies include the customer’s choice of aircraft, sensor, and complete integration of the system. The need for Global ISR solutions exceeds traditional military mission requirements with growing applications for port and border security, economic exclusion zone surveillance, and environmental, mineral and national resource protection.

QuEST Global participates in Aero India 2009

QuEST Global, a leading provider of outsourced engineering services and manufacturing, will be participating in Aero India 2009 which will be held in Bangalore at the Air Force Station, Yelahanka from 11th to 15th February 2009. QuEST will be located at Hall H, booth no. 22. QuESTGlobal will showcase its significant experience in both civil and defense aerospace in the areas of design and development of systems and subsystems in structures, engines, accessories and ground support equipment at the Aero India 2009. QuEST will also be making few important announcements on the QuEST Global SEZ in Belgaum

IAI to send G550-based AEW system to Aero India

Israel Aerospace Industries is to send its Gulfstream G550-based conformal airborne early warning and control (CAEW) system aircraft to the Aero India 2009 show in mid-February. Developed by IAI's Elta Systems subsidiary for the Israeli defence ministry, the modified business jet was delivered to the Israeli air force in February 2008 and has subsequently entered operational service. A second example was delivered in May 2008.

The long-endurance, high-altitude aircraft, which made its first public appearance at last year's Farnborough air show in the UK, is equipped with a conformal dual-band active electronically scanned array radar, plus identification friend-or-foe equipment, electronic support measures and an integrated self-protection system. The CAEW aircraft also has a comprehensive communication suite designed to support network-centric operations. IAI officials recently cited India as a potential customer for additional airborne early warning systems, with Elta already poised to deliver the nation's first Ilyushin Il-76 modified for the role.

NORTHROP GRUMMAN SHOWCASES ADVANCED HOMELAND DEFENCE CAPABILITIES AT AERO INDIA 2009

Aero India is organised by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India and managed by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and takes place at Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bengaluru, India from Feb. 11-15, 2009. Northrop Grumman will be exhibiting in Hall E at stand number E24.

"India represents an important market in Asia for Northrop Grumman's industry-leading technologies and capabilities and we recognise India's changing needs particularly in homeland defence," said John Brooks, president Northrop Grumman International Inc. and vice-president business development for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector. "Our capabilities across the company are well matched to meeting India's growing aerospace, defence and national security requirements."

Among the exhibits on display will be a Northrop Grumman's world leading capabilities in airborne early warning and control. Featured will be the E-2 Hawkeye and 737 airborne early warning and control (AEW&C), multi-role electronically scanned array (MESA) radar.
An E-2 Hawkeye airborne early warning and battle management system crew workstation and flyable cockpit simulator aimed at demonstrating maritime reconnaissance will be on display.

Also on display will be a model of Northrop Grumman's AN/APG-80 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar for the F-16IN Super Viper multi-role fighter aircraft. The Fire Scout vertical take-off and landing unmanned aerial vehicle will also be featured.
Other programmes available for viewing will be models of directional infrared countermeasures (DIRCM); the LITENING advanced airborne targeting and navigation pod; and the Longbow Apache radar and Longbow Hellfire missile system.

The company will also be promoting its LPD San Antonio-class Amphibious Warfare and Transport ship and the International Patrol Frigate, a versatile warship based on the multi-mission National Security Cutter currently operated by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Northrop Grumman's German subsidiary, Northrop Grumman LITEF, will also be exhibiting at Aero India and will be displaying its navigation systems for land vehicles, sensors for weapon stabilisation, inertial guidance systems for missiles and AHRS / navigation systems for fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. Northrop Grumman LITEF will be in the German pavilion in Hall C at stand C26.5.

Intermediate Jet Trainer lands on belly

BANGALORE: In a setback to the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) programme, the Prototype Trainer Two (PT2), landed on its belly at the HAL airport here on Wednesday evening after a routine aerobatic sortie. The programme is already delayed by four years,

The sortie was undertaken as part of the preparations for the next week’s “Aero India 2009” air show here.

The aircraft was piloted by HAL’s Executive Director - Chief Test Pilot (Fixed Wing) Squadron Leader Baldev Singh (retd.) and Wing Commander C. Subramaniam, an Indian Air Force fighter pilot on deputation to HAL.

Eyewitnesses said the aircraft appeared to do a normal touch-down, rolled and then the wheels started retracting, forcing it to land on its belly.
kedar.karmarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedar.karmarkar »

The F/A-18F Super-Bugs are en-route - they were caught arriving in Denmark on the 1st Feb. They might be in today, or tomorrow.

guess, 5th was the arrival date for all flying a/c.
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Can we create a new thread with a to-do list or a dossier on resources to look for and questions to be asked at AI09 - much like a radar array - "multiple sensors" collecting data!!
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

k prasad wrote:Can we create a new thread with a to-do list or a dossier on resources to look for and questions to be asked at AI09 - much like a radar array - "multiple sensors" collecting data!!
My thoughts exactly
The to-do list should be for:
Brochures
Info boards
Models (of aircrafts and other military systems)
Flight display
Static display (of aircrafts and other military systems)
Questions and answers
perhaps we need a separate thread for this.
As to what aircraft brochures and info boards are must get.
What answers are must get
Does LCA carry a gun inbuilt or a pylon needs to sacrificed for carrying gun pod?

maz,
can you make such a thread and the request for such info?

K prasad,
how was your experience at jayanagar?
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Bindra to enter VIP fighter jet fliers club.

India's first individual Olympics gold medalist Abhinav Bindra is set to join the exclusive club of VIP fighter jet fliers with a stint aboard in F-16IN at Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bangalore on February 12.

Abhinav will join the elite list of Ratan Tata (who flew the F-16 in 2007), former President APJ Abdul Kalam and former Defence Minister George Fernandes, who have had similar experiences in the past with Indian fighter jets.

F-16IN, designated the Super Viper, comes from the leading aerospace manufacturer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and soars above all other fighter planes across the world.

It is slated to be the world s most capable multirole fighter with unsurpassed performance and reliability reaffirming the high quality of the aircraft.

Making the announcement, Orville Prins Vice President, Business Development - India said, "Lockheed Martin is very pleased to have Abhinav Bindra fly in the F-16IN Super Viper. It is a perfect fit.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ramblings:

Shouldnt the F-16IN be called after some Indian snake than super viper for a viper is British snake?

I would like to know more about SCAN for Brahmos.

K.Mehta if you are going ask more about the logic etc if anyone is willing to talk. From DRDO webiste its designed by LRDE which is in your neck of woods.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

vinzsagar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinzsagar »

Bindra to fly in F-16 IN's(Super Viper) says Lockeed Martin Chief..

It sounds that F-16's might have all ready booked(chosen) a place among 126 MMRCA's, Isn't it???? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

OT but
ramana ji, dunno why you think vipers are brit snakes. two of the legendary big four of India (venomous snakes of India in terms of fatalities) are vipers.

here's my favourite :
http://www.wetnwildtaxidermy.com/RusselsViper.JPG
AmitR
BRFite

Post by AmitR »

There is a lot of Aircraft noise in the air today since 10AM in the morning. I believe the Aero India planes have started practicing. :D
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Gurus,

Is the air display clearly visible from the exhibition area?

Im planning to take few of my "defence ignorant" friends to give them a feel of defence life etc. I plan to take them with the Rs 800 ticket over the weekend into the exhibition area. However, it will be a big disadvantage if the air display is not so clear from there. Hence,could anyone clear my doubt?( I will take my friends for the 400 ticket if air display is not too clear from Rs 800 area since they would be more impressed with the display stuff IIRC)
vinzsagar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinzsagar »

Friends,

Which is the best place Rs.400 ticket ( public visitors ticket) or Rs.800 ticket ( business visitors ticket) to view air display??? :?: :?:

Also, with Rs.400 ticket can one go near static aircraft, http://aeroindia.in says static display as special attraction for this airshow for public visitors..

Pls help... :) :)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vinzsagar wrote:Friends,

Which is the best place Rs.400 ticket ( public visitors ticket) or Rs.800 ticket ( business visitors ticket) to view air display??? :?: :?:

Also, with Rs.400 ticket can one go near static aircraft, http://aeroindia.in says static display as special attraction for this airshow for public visitors..

Pls help... :) :)
The 400 ticket will be great for the flying display. but you cannot go near the static aircraft.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

South Bangalore hardly sees fighters everyday but now about 7-8 times a day that too with full afterburner! I'M LOVING IT! :D :D
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Can somebody please take a handycam along and film the displays please? Will warm the hearts of many a jingo who wouldn't be able to make it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

tsriram wrote:Can somebody please take a handycam along and film the displays please? Will warm the hearts of many a jingo who wouldn't be able to make it.
I have done this for the last decade - but apart from a few enthusiasts like you and me - there are not many takers for this. Few are really interested.

I have nearly 100 videos on Youtube and the flying display videos get the least views compared to others. The best videos are the cooked up and touched up ones of historic events.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

shiv wrote:
tsriram wrote:Can somebody please take a handycam along and film the displays please? Will warm the hearts of many a jingo who wouldn't be able to make it.
I have done this for the last decade - but apart from a few enthusiasts like you and me - there are not many takers for this. Few are really interested.

I have nearly 100 videos on Youtube and the flying display videos get the least views compared to others. The best videos are the cooked up and touched up ones of historic events.
Don't very Shiv. I am promoting the 'Cybersurg Channel'. Many people are not aware of these videos on youtube. I had previously thought that there was no Indian videos on Mirage-2000 or MiG-27s.

Just get us the video. Because I'll be bringing only a camera and people are saying that there will not be a good view of the Air Show from the static display and business area. What do you know about this ??
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A krish wrote: Just get us the video. Because I'll be bringing only a camera and people are saying that there will not be a good view of the Air Show from the static display and business area. What do you know about this ??
This is correct. The view is not bad, but it's better from the public Rs 400 area.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Cross posting from missile thread:
Arun_S wrote:
ramana wrote:BTW, IDR has published Arun's article on the way to a credible deterrent. I saw that in the contents page of the latest issue!

Austin let me think about it.
Thanks for pointing out. Just saw Indian Defense Review's ToC at:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/wp-c ... ntents.pdf
DEFENCE & TECHNOLOGY MONITOR
  • • INDIA‘S MISSION TO MOON, G Madhavan Nair Pg:16
    • INDIAN AIR FORCE OF THE FUTURE, Air Marshal BK Pandey Pg: 28
    • WAY TO A CREDIBLE DETERRENT, Arun S Vishwakarma Pg: 40
    • SHOURYA/SAGARIKA MISSILE, Arun S Vishwakarma Pg:51

• INDIAN DEFENCE PROCUREMENT REGIME: Dissuasive Features, Major General Mrinal Suman Pg:56
I am happy to note that IDR recognized the importance of the nuclear issue and gave space to the 11 page long article on Nuclear Deterrent, that deals with wide aspects of the issue. This article is also made available to BR's SRR Adminullah for its next issue.

The "SHOURYA/SAGARIKA MISSILE" is a 4 page article, it will be made available on BR website after 15 Feb.

I thank all BRFites who helped in writing / reviewing it. :wink:

Lancer Publishers will put this IDR issue on wide publicity at Aero India-2009, feel free to ask for a complimentary copy at the "Lancer Publishers" booth.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

What are the daily timings for the aero-display?

One in noon and one in evening?
pkudva
BRFite

Post by pkudva »

any major defence deals expected guys???i am having my fiingerr crossed especially after 26/11 there is lots of pressure on the govt to complete the deals.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

China would participate in the show for the first time with a 10-member delegation led its Deputy Air Chief.
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holn ... 081152.htm
Mark Schwartzbard
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mark Schwartzbard »

SaiK wrote:China would participate in the show for the first time with a 10-member delegation led its Deputy Air Chief.
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holn ... 081152.htm
I hardly believe if that delegation has anything to do with participating in the show.
These may be to collect intelligence about systems displayed and those that are being sold to India.