Blasts in delhi

Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Re: Blasts in delhi

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

Just a figure of speech Vaman, probably reflects the fact that ive been living in australia for the last 14 years a christian country. Im waiting for the attacks now for living outside india.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Dont have a clue who gitra mantri is.
sanjeevjain
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sanjeevjain »

I would welcome all the secularists to read the details of truth behind Gujarat Riots before making any childish statements http://www.gujaratriots.com
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

yaar vaman stop replying to his post. the more you reply the more he will post. Instead try gathering all relevant news items on topic and posting it here for analysis by BRFites.
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

Vivek Sreenivasan wrote:Just a figure of speech Vaman, probably reflects the fact that ive been living in australia for the last 14 years a christian country. Im waiting for the attacks now for living outside india.
Please do not give more space to this Viven Sreenivasan " I am and athiest my parents were hindu' guy, he has got the most attention in his life yet and he is enjoying it. They say in my village, never wrestele with a pig in the mud, after a while it is only the pig that is enjoying it. I guess both Vivek and 'we' have made the point, lets move on to the situation at hand. Lets see if we can understand the modus operendai here. We know the motive, wether some athiest agrees with that or not. Lets see if we understand how they execute it.
Thanks,
fanne

Fanne got it right. Please ignore this VS, he is really succeeding in preventing constructive discussion.
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

Vivek, STFU.
Nuff said.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Nope Sumeet this is my last post for day, i love you all and i hope you guys spread love and affection and not hate. Find the love within your self.
Over and out.
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

Vivek Sreenivasan wrote: 3) Destroyed Mosque Babri Masjid, again more riots god knows how many dead
And which GOD would that be? Allah? We thought you were an atheist.
Last edited by A Arun on 13 Sep 2008 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Ok vivek I want to give you a hug and then I'm out of here, Ive got to hug Griha mantri, MMS and so many others who are dripping of love and enlightenment
Sumeet
BRFite

Re: New Delhi Terror Attack Thread

Post by Sumeet »

guys this is not the right forum to discuss blasts. please visit strategic issues forum. IB4TL.
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

I started gathering the actions (or statements) of leaders following the Bangalore blasts.. here is the updated collection ..

March 07, 2006 Varanasi
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has condemned the blasts and appealed for calm.

July 11, 2006 Mumbai Railways and stations
L. K. Advani, president of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party, also expressed shock, while saying that the UPA Government was soft on terrorists.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was quick to call for calm in Mumbai. In a televised address, he said:

No-one can make India kneel. The wheels of our economy will move on. India will continue to walk tall, and with confidence. Mumbai, stands tall once again as the symbol of a united India. An inclusive India. We will win this war against terror. Nothing will break our resolve.

Sept 06, 2006 Mumbai Malegaon Blasts
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh condemned the blasts and appealed for calm.
Home Minister Shivraj Patil said the incident seemed designed to "divide the various sections of the public."
Congress party president Sonia Gandhi has called on Indians to maintain calm.

May 18, 2007 Hyderabad, Mecca Masjid blasts
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh condemned the attack and urged citizens "to maintain peace and communal harmony".

YS Rajashekhar Reddy, chief minister of Andhra Pradesh state, of which Hyderabad is capital, said the bombing was an act of "sabotage on the peace and tranquillity in the country".

Aug 25, 2007 Hyderabad Blasts

President Pratibha Patil, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh condemned the Hyderabad blasts and expressed shock over the loss of innocent lives.[15]

May 13, 2008 Jaipur bombings
Manmohan Singh, pledged the Government of India's support to the state Government of Rajasthan and the victims' families.
The Prime Minister also said:
The terrorists have the advantage of attacking by stealth but there is no lack of firmness in dealing with this menace. All possible precautions are being taken. It would be premature on my part to comment anything as it will interfere with the investigations.

July 25, 2008 Bangalore
Home Minister Shivraj Patil : "Such incidents will not deter the government from pursuing its policy of dealing with terrorists in a resolute manner...."

The Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "Condemned the serial bomb blasts and urged people to remain calm and maintain communal harmony.

Chief Minister of Karnataka B. S. Yeddyurappa : "It's a planned conspiracy to vitiate the atmosphere and to try to create confusion among people. There is no need to panic. It's a planned conspiracy. I appeal to people to maintain calm."

Leader of the opposition L. K. Advani said, "I strongly condemn the blasts in Bangalore, it is the latest in a long series of terrorist acts in various parts of the country...I also express my condolences to the families of those killed and injured in blasts."

President Pratibha Patil condemned the blasts and expressed deep shock at the loss of lives at the IT capital saying it was aimed at disturbing peace in the country.

Vice-President Hamid Ansari also condemned the blasts and said that such acts of terrorism were intended to disturb peace which should be thwarted through national resolves to maintain peace and harmony.

J. Jayalalithaa : "...a special act like POTA should be revived and allowed to remain in our statute books..."

All India Muslim Forum : "strongly condemns the dastardly terrorist blasts at Banglore and Ahmedabad, claiming scores of innocent lives and injuring hundreds, and appeals to the people to maintain communal harmony in the face of these sinister moves which aim at tearing apart the country's social fabric."

July 26, 2008 Ahmedabad
PM Singh : "I commend the people of Gujarat for the resilience they have shown. These terrorist acts are aimed at destroying our social fabric, undermining communal harmony and demoralising our people"

President Pratibha Patil condemned the blasts and "expressed deep shock at the incident and said that perpetrators were targeting the peace and harmony of the country"

Home Minister Shivraj Patil said: "This is a time when we should not feel frightened and we should assess the situation correctly and try to help the people, who have suffered and plan to see that these things do not happen afterwards."

Chief Minister Narendra Modi : "The enemies of the nation have today stained with blood the soil of Mahatma Gandhi's Gujarat. Terrorists have continued their war against India... Killing innocent people is not only a crime but is a form of enmity with the humanity. All those who believe in humanity should prepare themselves for a long war - while maintaining peace." He went on to say, "I have spoken to the prime minister and the home minister. There is a similar pattern in all recent terrorist attacks [in the country]. There must be a mastermind operating behind them all." He asserted that those responsible for the blasts will be punished, and urged the people of Gujarat to answer them by "quickening the pace of Gujarat's economic development."

Vice-President Hamid Ansari also condemned the blasts and said that "such acts of terrorism intend to disturb the peace and harmony in the country and should be thwarted."

Head of the congress party Sonia Gandhi expressed "deep shock" over the blasts. She also added that this was an "act of desperation with a view to disturb the peace and harmony in the country".

Septermber 13, 2008 Delhi
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh : "has strongly condemned the serial blasts in the national capital and appealed to the people to maintain calm. He expressed grief over the loss of lives in blasts.

President Pratibha Patil termed the serial blasts in the national capital as a 'mindless act of violence' and appealed to the people to maintain peace. The President has been grieved by the tragic turn of events, it said.

Congress President Sonia Gandhi has described the Delhi serial blasts in Delhi as "dastardly" and an "act of cowardice".
Last edited by a_kumar on 13 Sep 2008 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

Go to your muslim neighbour and give him a hug. Best thing you can do.
What if your father or sister was bumped off in these blasts when they had gone to M-block market to have some chat-papri? Will you still be going around Delhi's Jama Masjid giving every bearded Mullah a hug?
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Guys, please ignore him. I think he is a Tspian and is having a ball at ou reactions. Any websites where I can watch it. I have at least 30 close relatives in Delhi and thanks God they are all fine. I have though lost 18 of my countrymen who I would never have the priviledge to know.
Singha sir, I doubt MMS will be in control of his faculty- He might be sleeping in peace today, maybe not, cause they have caught 6 people and I am going out of limb here and predict they have many thing common with Haneef guy, whose arrest made MMS sleepless. They would be discussing - so how many dies, 55, good, then they will discuss that the ops of getting the main stream media to say only 18 dead was nicely handled, maybe NSA Narayannan will get a pat. Then they will talk about of the 55 dead, how many were filthy Hindus, if all they can sleap easy. Paswan will inquire how many were dalits so that he can go ahead and give them some money before Behan ji can do it. He will ask for 1 million for each dead and distribute some 20,000 per dead. Sonia ji will ask how many have been orphaned or cannot survive on their own. Then she will call one of the secular organizations to adapt and harvest their soul. You have the Cabinate meeting minute. They will dismiss by saying that they want to make this cabinate meeting and all these process efficient so next month when they meet again on such an 'occassion' the meeting does not take so long.
Thanks,
fanne
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

fanne,

NDTV has a live webcast on their homepage.
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/vi ... d=0&type=L

death toll rises to 30 killed and at least 90 injured
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

right. and then they will disperse in thr white ambassadors each to their own _well guarded_ lutyens mansions to recover from the "deep shock" with a couple of pegs old monk before sleeping the sleep of the righteous. sunday awaits - extended brunch, golf, sleep and a TV interview at night to express "deep shock"
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

kshirin wrote:
PradeepB:
Just spoke with my uncle and cousins who live in CP. The kids were out shopping, fortunately they are all safe. I was worried since they live two blocks from Regal.
Damn ********! I hope Obama wins and splits Pakistan into little bits. The Indian polity is proving to be increasingly impotent (if that were possible)
Finally found a solution (above) which I had temporarily lost sight of as I was so angry and worried - I have been for this for years. What are we waiting for? Baluchistan has been begging for help, we should split the country up. Everything else will resolve itself. Kashmiris will shut up and so will the IMs.
Was listening to WBAI (a little too far out to the left for me, but good stuff once in a while) the other day and this Webster Tarpley (of the 911 Synthetic Terror fame) comes on, along with others. He claims the latest US-India camaraderie and the recent excursions by the coalition forces into Pakistan in 'hot pursuit' is a prelude to the dismemberment of Pakistan into several smaller states, for which the GOTUS desperately needs India. Maybe Hell Will Freeze Over!
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Heard about blasts on Belgian radio and ran home to get more details. Logged on BR and found that instead of discussing Delhi blast, microphone has been given to some scum on earth who is out there shitting around. No knowledge of history,no logic, no personality...........what admins are waiting for. There was time guys got zhapad by just calling names. Admins please do the needful. :evil:
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Heard this on another website

The timing of the blast is coincided with Ramadan, when Roza is broken.

Same thing was done during 2005 Delhi blasts.

This is the way jehadis ensure Muslim casualties become minimal.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

vina wrote:
shiv wrote:"Do not blame religion" is the ONLY fig leaf that groups like the Indian Mujahideen hide behind.
That is the wholly reasonable cry of a religious community asking not to be tarnished with a very wide brush for the acts of a deranged minority . "Dont blame religion" is NOT the fig leaf of terrorists.
They must not get that. Islam is the problem. Indian Mujahideen are secondary to the tenets of Islam that legally, as per Islamic law, allow the killing of people who are considered to be enemies of Islam.

Nope. Dont agree. It just assumes that most muslims are some sort of automatons who will blindly follow whatever is literally written in the Quran or is in the Sunnah or Hadiths , without applying their to check it follows natural justice and is fundamentally right or wrong. I think the vast majority, the overwhelming percentage would do so.

The problem is that after Mustal Kemal - Ataturk abolished the Caliphate, there was no real "protestant reformation" (for want of a better term ) as a global movement in Islam globally.

Yeah, when I was in turkey, I heard the Azan being chanted in TURKISH in the blue mosque in Istanbul. The maulvi /muezzin is a cheerful ,smiling clean shaving young man in mid 20s, who is dressed in embroidered robes in white, who freely mingles with women, foreigners , everyone and poses for photos with kids.. sort of more Merlin the magician kind of dress, rather than the ill fitting ankle length pyjamas and kurta with a spade shaped beard and callouses on the head and a very stern fire and brimstone look that we normally associate with mullahs. But that kind of reformation is limited to Turkey, unfortunately.

I doubt if there is a single mosque in India where the muezzin calls out in Hindi /Tamil/Kashmiri/Urdu or any of the languages spoken in India.. Not a single mullah who would dress in dhoti or trousers or whatever.

What i am trying to point out is that it is a mind set change and Islam is definitely capable of looking inward and reforming. However, the impulse for that has come from a catharisis and been forced from on top like in Turkey.. There is not a single instance of that happening from within the muslim community. That is where the "secularists" are wrong, by saying and resisting reforms, saying that Islam will reform itself and the state should be neutral.. By itself, islam might not be able to modernize. However, with a lot of help and support it definitely can and it is only a modernized , reformed islam and muslim community that can address the serious underlying problems the muslim community faces in India and abroad.
sorry vina, but as an atheist and a rationalist, I'll point out that religion has no limits on the beliefs and practices that it can encompass. Therefore religion is certainly able to cause problematic behavior and attitudes in society.

Tell me, when Bush came to visit India, over 100,000 rallied to protest and shriek at him, because they were upset about him bombing a foreign country called Iraq.
But when India gets bombed, where are all these same protesters? Not a peep out of them -- not a one of them showing up to protest against the bombing of Indian soil, the land in which they reside.

A nation is not a hotel. It's the responsibility of every resident to contribute to its safety and well-being. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Injured people lie on a road after a bomb explosion in New Delhi on Saturday. Photo: AP

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/gallery/0719/
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Indian Mujahideen claims Operation B-A-D over

New Delhi: The Indian Mujahideen struck again on Saturday, this time in the national capital, accomplishing its 'Operation BAD' - which the intelligence community had deciphered as 'Operation Bangalore-Ahmedabad-Delhi'.

After more than 20 blasts in Ahmedabad on the evening of July 26, killing 56 people, intelligence officials had intercepted a call made from the across the border claiming “Operation BAD is successful”.

At that time the intelligence officials and the Gujarat police had suspected the BAD stood for Bangalore, Ahmedabad and Delhi - Bangalore, India's IT hub, had suffered serial bombings only a day before the Ahmedabad bombings. One woman was killed in the July 25 terror attack.

Following the serial blasts in Delhi Saturday, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said he had "specifically informed" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of terrorists' plans to target New Delhi though he did not have precise information on dates and places.

"Ten days ago, when I met the prime minister, the home minister (Shivraj Patil) and the National Security Adviser (M.K. Narayanan) in New Delhi, I had specifically informed them that the terrorists being interrogated by the Gujarat police had indicated Delhi was going to be their next target,' Modi told reporters.

"The terrorists had said they were going to target Delhi in the near future, though we did not have specific dates or places," he added. The Gujarat police, however, said they had no such specific information.
ASPuar
BRFite

Re: New Delhi Terror Attack Thread

Post by ASPuar »

Request for merge with thread in Strategic forum. Didnt realise this was already under discussion there.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

The IM mail has also this time come from Mumbai - sure some unsecure wireless connection being hacked. If this was any good country and any good for something media they would be screaming from lungtop to Mumbaites on how to secure there wireless. This will not stop the IM from sending emails, but then maybe the reduced option will make it easy to catch them? Also of course this is no offence that someone wireless was hacked, they should be questioned by police, kept in extended police custody so that people have incentive to secure their wireless.
Also they used some gmail account, now to get gmail, you ave to be refferred, can that chain be tried. Moreover their yahoo accounts have alhindi or alaribi kind of words, can all yahoo accounts be scanned, and authorities be informed when a similar one is being created (I guess yahoo a US company has to cooperate, if they dont, do what chinese did, yahoo china is now owned by Chinese company). Any more ideas guys.
Thanks,
fanne
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

PradeepB wrote:
kshirin wrote: Finally found a solution (above) which I had temporarily lost sight of as I was so angry and worried - I have been for this for years. What are we waiting for? Baluchistan has been begging for help, we should split the country up. Everything else will resolve itself. Kashmiris will shut up and so will the IMs.
Was listening to WBAI (a little too far out to the left for me, but good stuff once in a while) the other day and this Webster Tarpley (of the 911 Synthetic Terror fame) comes on, along with others. He claims the latest US-India camaraderie and the recent excursions by the coalition forces into Pakistan in 'hot pursuit' is a prelude to the dismemberment of Pakistan into several smaller states, for which the GOTUS desperately needs India. Maybe Hell Will Freeze Over!
Aapke moonh mein ghee shakkar. But I am assailed by another worry. Is the US really with us? S. Varadarajan today speaks of a strong GOI statement warning US not to go back on 123, and there is news we may sign a nuke deal with France. Would the US be so pissed off with us as to sabotage us through terror and keeping Pakistan propped up? And what explains the recent IMF WB downgrading of India below Pak and Nepal as a place to do bsuiness in? We all know the motivations behind these assessments. Extremely worried. Does not seem to be any way out.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

now to get gmail, you ave to be refferred
Now it is no longer true. Anyone can just register for it.
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

fanne wrote:The IM mail has also this time come from Mumbai - sure some unsecure wireless connection being hacked. If this was any good country and any good for something media they would be screaming from lungtop to Mumbaites on how to secure there wireless. This will not stop the IM from sending emails, but then maybe the reduced option will make it easy to catch them? Also of course this is no offence that someone wireless was hacked, they should be questioned by police, kept in extended police custody so that people have incentive to secure their wireless.
Also they used some gmail account, now to get gmail, you ave to be refferred, can that chain be tried. Moreover their yahoo accounts have alhindi or alaribi kind of words, can all yahoo accounts be scanned, and authorities be informed when a similar one is being created (I guess yahoo a US company has to cooperate, if they dont, do what chinese did, yahoo china is now owned by Chinese company). Any more ideas guys.
Thanks,
fanne
But this is a fruitful line of inquiry, and perhaps that is how the earlier emails were traced, by contacting the server company - if we are not pursuing it we are useless.
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

The IM mail has also this time come from Mumbai - sure some unsecure wireless connection being hacked.

Well, our friend Kenneth Haywood returned to Mumbai a couple of days ago.
US national Haywood returns to Mumbai

US national Kenneth Haywood, to whose Internet connection a 'threatening' e-mail sent prior to the Ahmedabad serial blasts was traced, returned to the city in the wee hours today.
He returned with his family from Arizona in the US to Mumbai around 0100 hrs, sources said.

Haywood left the country on August 17 despite a 'lookout' notice being issued against him at airports across the country by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).

The US national, who had undergone polygraph and brain mapping tests during investigation, was cleared of "doubt" by the ATS officials.

However, the officials had said they wanted to investigate Haywood's allegations that an ATS official had demanded a bribe from him to clear him in the case.
http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite.ns ... enDocument

I am surprised his visa was not cancelled by the Indian government, despite Mumbai police calling his activities in India suspicious and his English-teaching "company" a shady affair. The only thing he has been doing is running churches in Mumbai and Banglaore, which itself is an offense because proselytisation by foreign nationals is banned in India. But then, I am sure, if he was denied permission to enter India again, MMS would have had another sleepless night.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

On the same topic of kNETH Haywood, how does US deals with it, you must have heard Martha Stewart, she was not booked for the crime on which the investigation was started (insider trading of stock) but on lying that she did during investigation. Keneth Haywood might not be linked with IM, but he broke and Indian law by running away during investigation and he must be punished for that. In the future then it is ok for me to run away from investigation if I am innocent (and even if I am not, I am only guilty if I am proven and if you cannot catch me and prove it then my running away is ok). This is mockery of law.
Thanks,
fanne
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

Sanjay M wrote: sorry vina, but as an atheist and a rationalist, I'll point out that religion has no limits on the beliefs and practices that it can encompass. Therefore religion is certainly able to cause problematic behavior and attitudes in society.

Tell me, when Bush came to visit India, over 100,000 rallied to protest and shriek at him, because they were upset about him bombing a foreign country called Iraq.
But when India gets bombed, where are all these same protesters? Not a peep out of them -- not a one of them showing up to protest against the bombing of Indian soil, the land in which they reside.

A nation is not a hotel. It's the responsibility of every resident to contribute to its safety and well-being. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Very well said
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

There is nothing in the law that punishes leaving the country, unless you are told by a legal authority not to leave the country. But in that case his passport would have been impounded. Also, he is only wanted as a complainant.
Shankk
BRFite

Post by Shankk »

shiv wrote:
sanjaychoudhry wrote: As I said before in a post, nobody stabs Hindus worse than atheists "whose parents were Hindus."
To an extent that only shows the weakness and idiocy (naive ignorance) of Hinduism that allows atheism to coexist. Try that in Islam.
Bulls eye, Shiv. Unfortunately there is no way to address the problem but still identification of problem is no less either.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^^
I disagree wholeheartedly. if aping the Islamic POV is the only alternative, we might as well all convert, the difference in name alone is not enough to justify continuation of different religions. they might as well merge.
the freedom to be an atheist and a hindu is one of the greatest strength of sanatan dharma.
Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

Rahul M wrote:^^^
I disagree wholeheartedly. if aping the Islamic POV is the only alternative, we might as well all convert, the difference in name alone is not enough to justify continuation of different religions. they might as well merge.
the freedom to be an atheist and a hindu is one of the greatest strength of sanatan dharma.
yeah but the right to be alive should superseed all of that .
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

and not threatened by our religion and god to be thrown in hell. This is equally important. No one in hinduism goes to hell for just atheism.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Vikramaditya wrote:
yeah but the right to be alive should superseed all of that .
:roll:
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Timely intervention of 4 policemen prevented sixth blast
New Delhi There could have been a sixth blast in Delhi Saturday evening had four policemen not exhibited exemplary presence of mind and courage by timely detection of a live bomb in crowded Connaught Place.

Assistant sub-inspector Mahendra Singh, head constable P N Subhash and constables Suresh Kumar and Praveen Sharma swung into action to search the downtown business hub of the national capital within three minutes of the blasts in the Central Park in the Connaught Place.

“We were on duty at the Regal Cinema Hall when the blast took place at the Central Park. Immediately we searched the dustbins near the hall and recovered a red ticking bomb,” Sharma said.

“Without thinking of the consequence, Suresh immediately broke the black and green wires of the bomb and threw it away. We immediately put sand bags on the bomb,” Sharma said.

The presence of mind of the four is commendable seeing that the area around the Regal theatre is one of the busiest in Connaught Place and one deadly blast was averted.

National Security Guards (NSG) and the bomb disposal squad reached the spot nearly 30 minutes after the incident and put a blanket over the explosives and deactivated the bomb completely.

“Whatever training we got at the police academy came handy at the time of defusing the bomb,” said Sharma, who hails from Agra in Uttar Pradesh.

Two live bombs were defused near Regal Cinema hall.
Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

Rahul M wrote:
Vikramaditya wrote: yeah but the right to be alive should superseed all of that .
:roll:
Iam assuming you dont agree when I say that Right to be alive is far more important than freedom to be an atheist + hindu as per sanatan dharma ? :| :(
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Government divided over fighting terror
A political controversy on anti-terror laws is all set to escalate as the government appears divided over how to tackle terror.

While National Security Adviser M K Narayanan appears to support Gujarat's demand for its own anti terror law, the Centre has said no.

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has reacted strongly saying the government is ignoring the need for a state-specific law to tackle terror for political motives. The BJP, at its National Executive in Bangalore, reacted strongly to NDTV's report.

"It's not only NSA, but intelligence agencies and police set ups, which are desperately asking for terror law. The government out of sheer political motives is ignoring the need and demand," said BJP leader Rajnath Singh.

NDTV had reported how in a confidential letter, National Security Adviser M K Narayanan supported Gujarat's demand for its own anti-terror law.

The NSA, in a letter to the Home Ministry has said that anti-terror laws need to be strengthened and that there is no need for the Centre to stop states from getting own anti-terror laws.

The NSA, in the letter, pointed out that even the police have called for an anti-terror law.

The intervention angered the Home Ministry, which plans to submit a note before the Cabinet, asking that the Gujarat demand be blocked.

But a red faced Centre says that there are no divisions.

But the cracks within he Centre have only given a fresh momentum to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has stepped up his campaign for an anti-terror law.

"This government is soft on terror. It has sent a signal that its softness on terror is minority friendly. The softness on terror is being used by the UPA as an instrument for vote bank politics," said Modi.

The Centre has maintained that existing laws are good enough to fight terror and that special terror laws may be misused against minorities.
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

Terrorism need to become the issue in coming general elections or atleast ruling party need to worry tht it may become only then they may try to take it seriously when their gaddi in danger till then as Smt. Shiela Dixit Ho'able CM of Delhi said " Log shaanti banayen rakhen , aisi baatein to hoti rahati hein '' as per a frd who heard her statement on tv .

Coming general elections will be an imp. milestone in defining the future political course of the country as now have all the new ingredients to define the India politics for next decade atleast namely : Mayawati , Maoists ,Jihadi terrorists & Missionaries missing their force in earlier elections .