CT & COIN Operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
williams
BRFite

Re: CT and COIN operations in India: News, Images and Discus

Post by williams »

GOI should put a plan for Israeli style covert target and kill ops on the paki terrorist leadership. These piglets are of very less value and killing them will never stop them to send more. Overt operations will cause a lot of hue and cry. We should covertly target every Jihadi leadership and well wishers alike. Hopefully Modi Sarkar will have a comprehensive policy to squeeze Pakis at every level.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Looking at CNN's title saying 8 Indian soldiers killed, it seems these sort of attacks have SD approval.

After 2002 response, when large sections of our Media, Political partiees and entities within India, US,EU,China and GCC competely being with the Pakis. We need to consider these factors before giving our response.

It should be cold and measured. We can't handle Pakis fully until we find a solution for the termites in house. And no these termites don't misundderstand Pakis or they have complicated syndrome, they are just people who put thier interests above India's interests due to arrangements they have outside India.
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

More dead pigs from yesterday. Graphic content**

LINK
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Aviator Anil Chopra ‏@Chopsyturvey 9m9 minutes ago Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

Reports:Soldiers at army camp did not fire on approaching terrorist vehicle due caution imposed on them after Anantnag incident.Shame India
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

Deejay,

that was not a rant. Just the sad truth. Completely agree with Sbajwa...but it is not going to happen. If the same thing had happened in a disco in Mumbai or Delhi all of what you say would have happened but in India fauji's are expendable. In fact they are irrelevant. But more than that what worries me is the complete lack of understanding of the situation. The Paki's have just pulled of a strategic coup...they have proven they can hit us in on our soil and we will keep tying ourselves into knots. In fact we are denying their involvement and calling them internal terrorists.

We don't know what Modi is thinking so I hate to hazard a guess. But from our responses and what I have heard on ground I have to surmise that Modi has also fallen into the same trap previous regimes (and a few posters here) have - complete lack of understanding of the situation and looking at Paki's through our lenses. I had written to Arun Shourieji right after the election that Modi's first challenge will be national security if he has to create the space for development. The Paki's will come after us hard and we have to remove the dysfunction from our national security establishment. He completely agreed and said all will depend on team Modi chooses but I don't think any one listens to him any more.

So if with people like Doval, Sushma Swaraj (they cut 1 head lets cut a 10), and Modi we have the same appreciation of the situation and the same disregard for soldiers then even God will not help us.

I hang my head in shame.
Last edited by Akshay Kapoor on 06 Dec 2014 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

It is time to take a very high value target off from deep inside Pigistan. General Suhag is reviewing the situation I am hoping some fireworks will soon be reported and we would see Pigs oinking in Purkistan parliament.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

brvarsh wrote:It is time to take a very high value target off from deep inside Pigistan. General Suhag is reviewing the situation I am hoping some fireworks will soon be reported and we would see Pigs oinking in Purkistan parliament.
High hopes Sir! All he will do is report this upwards to the minister of book launches for clearance on attack launches who will defer it to the PM of high optics who will defer it to the NSA who will defer the decision till 'things stabilize' and elections are over and people have cooled off and then there won't be any reason to defer at all.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

+100
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Okay so DefMin spoke up on the terror attacks from Goa where he had gone to review a bridge project announced when he was CM of Goa.

http://www.niticentral.com/2014/12/06/m ... 48477.html
Panaji, Dec 6 (PTI) Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said the government is determined to continue its fight against terrorism and their perpetrators in Jammu and Kashmir, which was yesterday rocked by multiple attacks, leaving 21 people dead, including security personnel.

Condemning the strikes as "cowardly", he said the sacrifices made by security personnel will not go in vain.

"We (will) continue our fight against terror and their perpetrators," Parrikar tweeted late last night.
"I condemn this cowardly act and assure that their (security personnel) sacrifice will not go in vain," he said.

"I salute the soldiers and officers who sacrificed their lives while protecting our motherland," the Minister said.

Parrikar was here today to review a bridge project which was announced when he was Goa Chief Minister.

Kashmir Valley, which is in the midst of elections, was rocked by four terror attacks by militants from across the border who stormed an Army camp in Uri leaving 11 security personnel, including a Lt Colonel, dead and killed two civilians in Tral.

The attacks and subsequent gun battles with security forces left 21 people dead. These included a top commander of Pakistan-based terror outfit LeT and seven militants.

PTI
What is the difference between this man's approach to the ones in UPA 1 & 2?
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

rohitvats wrote:...These terrorists seemed to be more high 'quality' relative to normal cadre and I think ISI expanded quite a lot of effort to stage this effort.
Every now and then, we are being attacked by 'elite' suicide team. Mumbai was also such team. I feel that there is a training unit in Pak which prepares handpicked men in small numbers and infiltrates them for 'spectacular' missions. Something on the lines of Al Quaeda's Army of Zil.
sattili
BRFite

Post by sattili »

Aditya G wrote:
rohitvats wrote:...These terrorists seemed to be more high 'quality' relative to normal cadre and I think ISI expanded quite a lot of effort to stage this effort.
Every now and then, we are being attacked by 'elite' suicide team. Mumbai was also such team. I feel that there is a training unit in Pak which prepares handpicked men in small numbers and infiltrates them for 'spectacular' missions. Something on the lines of Al Quaeda's Army of Zil.
With all the ho hum on BRF about Ajit Doval this and Ajit Doval that.... what that bugger was doing during the lead up to the assembly elections in J&K??? isn't he supposed to give his A game and stay on top of all sources of intelligence pouring in?

Instead he is in Srilanka 5 days before (4 days before the attacks) giving a key note speech (http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 651325.ece) why is your NSA in some other country, your def min in his home state purveying projects that doesn't concern defence of India- when J&K elections happening?

For me this is a clear intelligence failure, how the hell 4 teams of terrorists cross the border so close to assembly elections?
member_28911
BRFite

Post by member_28911 »

sattili wrote: With all the ho hum on BRF about Ajit Doval this and Ajit Doval that.... what that bugger was doing during the lead up to the assembly elections in J&K??? isn't he supposed to give his A game and stay on top of all sources of intelligence pouring in?
NSA Ajit Doval’s ‘security grid’ largely attributed for successful polls in J&K
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

No lessons learned: 'Reckless' media does a 26/11, reveals details of troops' movement during Kashmir operation
New Delhi: "The shots and visuals that were shown live by TV channels could have also been shown after all the terrorists were neutralized and the security operations were over. But in that case, the TV programmes would not have had the same shrill, scintillating and chilling effect and would not have shot up the TRP ratings of the channels."

"It must, therefore, be held that by covering live the terrorists attack on Mumbai in the way it was done, Indian TV channels were not serving any national interest or social cause. On the contrary, they were acting in their own commercial interest, putting national security in jeopardy."

This was the observation made by a bench of Justices Aftab Alam and C K Prasad of honourable Supreme Court of India in reference to the 'reckless' coverage of electronic media while covering the Mumbai terror attacks of 2008.

On Friday, television screens were brimming with 'live and exclusive' visuals of military operations from Jammu and Kashmir’s Uri sector. As soldiers put their lives on stake to neutralise the militants, television camera were engaged in a battle of their own. To grab 'that exclusive shot', television reporters- sans any regards for the security of soldiers- went all guns blazing while covering the operation.

It seemed that the Supreme Court ruling was the last thing on their minds as they brazenly went about reporting positions and movement of the troops.

And what happens when one concerned Indian citizen reminds the television channel that their coverage could compromise the operation? His phone is disconnected!

"Are you naïve to the fact that by telecasting LIVE VISUALS of army movements, you COMPROMISE their positions !!! Any person in contact with the terrorists hiding inside, after watching these visuals can relay the information directly to the terrorists, who can then take advantage of it ! DON'T YOU REALISE YOU ARE AIDING THE TERRORIST INDIRECTLY? And when you are given calls from concerned citizens, requesting you to please remove LIVE VISUALS while reporting, you simply ignore and bang the phone down !!!" Rahul narrated his experience on his Facebook account.

It is time that media fraternity defines guidelines to be followed while covering live military operations. A strict ban on visuals during the operation, gagging 'over enthusiastic' reporters from divulging sensitive details on live television or perhaps delaying the coverage till the conclusion of the operation.

However, going by the frenzied and mindless TRP-chasing-mode of the news channels, a change looks unlikely.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

and who provided access to the media?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

these days with good eqpt, you just have to station yourself a bit away from the action and shoot all your heart out, next time IA should fire at these guys , and when questioned should claim innocent and happened in the heat of the moment
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Government can impose fines to the tunes of tens of crores to each channel that did the live telecast with a stern warning that their licenses will be revoked next time.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

fines wont work, the shooting will
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Tihar treatment for the channel boss might work.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Next time, pick a random TV crew and tell them that they can get an exclusive. Send them out to recce a bunker while they telecast live. Our boys can sit back and gather intel over TV. These crews will come under fire no doubt, that will teach them a lesson.

Fines won't work, they will factor that cost into advertising and get more brazen.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Our Defense Minister, Finance Minister are et al are too busy releasing Sardesai's (Dawood was a victim onlee) book to deal with such trifles as the border issue. A
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

It is reported that the army vamp at Uri had a section that is unwalled through which the terrorists creeped in
To my mind, this is a serious lacuna. If not concrete at least barbed wire, with cctv, patrolling or control points, should have been in place. Whose responsibility is this?
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

krishnan wrote:fines wont work, the shooting will
Fines would be the first step before suspending their telecast rights. Given freedom of speech, suspending telecast rights without a warning can be made to sound excessive by MSM. So a hefty fines in the first instance along with clear warning and action on warning (1 month to 6 month suspension from telecasting) for the offending channels would work without fail.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

While I share outrage, when the main opposition leader in the country blames not Pakistan but the PM for the attacks, and in the past with CEO's, Media are completely pro Paki what can we expect. One also wonders if the leader blames the PM not Pakistan what is the state of the Miltary after 10 years of Saintly sabotage. It is all fine and dandy to sit on a laptop, but let us understand as of today India as a nation is crippled.

The Pakis know they have a huge constituency within India which has been successful in the past, this constituency controls the mass media. With that a large section of our public are pro pakis. This constituency should be eliminated forst
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Large portion of the mango public is not pro paki but yes there is a large percentage of people who sits in opposition that gives speeches just for the sake of being in opposition that tends to be pro paki. Media in India is now a pure profit oriented business organization , the ethos of journalism( respect for some reporters ) have gone for a toss. Problem is too many unqualified people entering in to this business with the sole purpose of garnering profits ( in the recent terror attack in the camp , the reporter was telling a bomb exploded which actually was a grenade (may be smoke grenade) thrown inside the bunker in the mop up operation) It doesn't matter whether the profit comes by compromising national security or by giving a distorted view on an issue of national importance.

If declaring bakistan as a terrorist state is mooted ( i said ,mooted ) ,than a clear picture will emerge about entities and public figures that are pro paki. My two cents :)
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Aditya_V wrote:While I share outrage, when the main opposition leader in the country blames not Pakistan but the PM for the attacks, and in the past with CEO's, Media are completely pro Paki what can we expect. One also wonders if the leader blames the PM not Pakistan what is the state of the Miltary after 10 years of Saintly sabotage. It is all fine and dandy to sit on a laptop, but let us understand as of today India as a nation is crippled.

The Pakis know they have a huge constituency within India which has been successful in the past, this constituency controls the mass media. With that a large section of our public are pro pakis. This constituency should be eliminated forst
So we have decided we are ok with these terrorist attacks and share some outrage and move on, is it?
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Dude, relax. Think with a cool head. Right now hard nosed pursuit on all theaters is what is needed, and I an confident that Modi and Doval are doing just that.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I think the Pakis have just signalled they are ready for all out escalation. The worthless turds. I hope Doval and co, help the oppressed people of Sindhi, Baluchistan, NWFP to move for their democratic aspirations.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

That will take a long long time. Even assuming the govt wants to do that we will have to build up capacity , recruit agents, set up arms supply channels, build networks. Network building takes years and the next govt will abandon and roll back all these efforts. Plus if something comes out in the media our own media will be at our throats.

Nothing is going to happen. The frog will continue to slow boil in the hot water until its cooked.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

https://twitter.com/manaman_chhina/stat ... 20/photo/1

Picture from Uri. Check out the level of kit on our boys.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

RR Cdo I think.
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

^^^ Nope think this is the Para unit that was brought in.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

What are those large green warehouses ..? looks like hangers but certainly not so...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Aditya G wrote:... snipped image ...

Wow. That looks heavy. What isthe total weight a soldier carries into the field? during training how far and how long would they have to do it? Muscles need building up for that kind of stamina and strength.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

MR Dee Jay, lets here a step by step process which should be discussed by the Government, thus notifying Pakis and applied.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Akshay Kapoor wrote:That will take a long long time. Even assuming the govt wants to do that we will have to build up capacity , recruit agents, set up arms supply channels, build networks. Network building takes years and the next govt will abandon and roll back all these efforts. Plus if something comes out in the media our own media will be at our throats.

Nothing is going to happen. The frog will continue to slow boil in the hot water until its cooked.
That's the professional all or nothing approach. Given that everyone and their aunts are non state actors, mere funding may do wonders in letting ISI a. Score against ISI b. who has a bone to pick with ISI c. Which doesn't like ISI d. and so forth.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

matrimc wrote:
Aditya G wrote:... snipped image ...

Wow. That looks heavy. What isthe total weight a soldier carries into the field? during training how far and how long would they have to do it? Muscles need building up for that kind of stamina and strength.
IA Para forced marches are legendary and would have most TFTAs puking in pain.
vaibhav.n
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vaibhav.n »

https://twitter.com/gauravcsawant/statu ... 58/photo/1

The guy on the right has a M4 Carbine. Most likely an Officer.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

Not sure if it is apt to post here [if any concern then feel free to remove]

just read a comment by some "Ghorcharrah Gabbar said..." in the below link
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogI ... 1237702192

any opinions ?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

dhiraj wrote:Not sure if it is apt to post here [if any concern then feel free to remove]

just read a comment by some "Ghorcharrah Gabbar said..." in the below link
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogI ... 1237702192

any opinions ?
That handle is a regular in the comment section of Ajai Shukla's blogpost. And something of a bete noire when it comes to taking on AS on his articles. Has almost running battle with AS and other visitors on various topics on which AS has posted on his blogpost.

From the content of his earlier comments and even this one, the fellow seems like ex-army.

Coming to his present comment - well, it is small part analysis and big part rant. If he feels that with whatever human and technological resources deployed, the LOC has become impregnable, then there is not much left to argue. Compared to his earlier comments which I've read, this is pretty pedestrian stuff. A sophisticated rant with lot of mumbo-jumbo thrown in.

But that is general slant of his more informed posts as well - ranting more than thorough analysis.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

Prithwiraj wrote:What are those large green warehouses ..? looks like hangers but certainly not so...

garage for the Bofors guns?