Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
James B
BRF Oldie

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by James B »

I think PC Chidambaram has to take a lot of blame for this for reviving a dead horse.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

^T won the propaganda war a long time ago
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Muppalla wrote:^^^
More violence and more Gadar types involvement, lesser the chances of Telangana state. In spite of real T sentiment and some genuine griviences, now the whole movement is rightly branded as maoist movement. The T folks lost it even if it is not their fault.
I guess they will replace Annamacharya's statue with the statues of some annalu(as naxalite pigs are called). One can only guess the depths to which the new state will go if it is formed
unarayanadas
BRFite

Post by unarayanadas »

See what SoniaG's 2009 birthday gift did to the people of AP? As she celebrates future birthdays is more vandalism, vivisection and balkanisation in the offing?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

My thoughts exactly.
I wish to give some background information as per my knowledge for the people who are visiting the forum KCR went on fast till death and when he was arrested almost no one from public is bother. By that time Osmania pronaxal students were agitation for division. With KCR stopping the fast and taking juice his grass staue was burned by Osmania students and to save his face he started the fast afresh. Chindu got some IB report from some senior IB official sent to assesses the situation that KCR is going to die and there is likelyhood of major violence and Hyderabad may burn. Based on that Center started to take steps. On Dec 9 2009, Rosayya, the then CM of AP called to Delhi and was asked if a resolution can be moved in the AP Assembly. He has told PC that he can move if they want but there is no guarantee that it will be possible. He was told that a statement calling KCR to Delhi will be made and KCR has agreed to come there for discussions. Pranab Mukharji was not there at Delhi on that day. Once Rosayya left for Hyderabad, PC has made the infamous statement of December 9. It says as this –
(Quote) The process of creation of the state of Telangana is initiated and a resolution to the effect will be moved to the state Assembly. (end Quote)
This came as a major shock for the congress people who opposed it in their internal meetings. Remember there was no official decision from INC in support of Telangana state till that day. Congress dragged it feet first with Second SRC and consensus approach. Even the CM who reached Hyderabad late that night was take aback by the decision and left for his house without visiting KCR and giving him fruit juice. Pranab who was heading the Telangana committee was also said to have shocked. With some 150 plus MLAs and one MP submitting resignation on 10th December 2009 and serious backlash from Non Telangana areas the Sonia gang had to backtrack and had to withdraw 9th position and issued the a separate statement on December 23 2009. In turn there was violence in Telangana areas. Ultimately on Jan 5th 2010 an all party meeting has taken a decision to form a committee and SKC was formed. National Security Advisor was kicked out of his post because of this Telangana bungle. Rest of the tragic drama is before you all.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

The telugus will likely reward the INC with more seats next polls. Going by purely empirical analysis of past data.

IN any case, AP assembely must immediately pass ordinance/emergency session the resolution that AP name is henceforth changed to 'Telugu pradesh'. or even better 'Telengana'. That way, telengana will also have been formed and telugu peoples would not still be divided.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Unlikely Guruji. If congress is confident of wining they would not hesitate in taking decision on Telangana. Problem is there are terrified of taking decision. The Sonia gang do not have any knowledge of any complex political issue. So called economist PM does not have any guts to do anything. He is already on his way out in disgrace. Chiddu is the main reason for this mess and now S$$ting his lungi to touch the T issue. In fact he is no longer in the loop and Pranab is looking after this issue. Ahamad Patel had to run away from the meeting of MP's as he could not answer their attacks. With this kind of leadership position, they are only looking after a mirakle to happen and save them.

One more development Jagan is annocing he party YSR Congress tomorrow. So YSR criminal gang is now active with their own party from tomorrow.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Congress knows that Jagan cannot join NDA and will eventually end with an alliance with UPA. Same goes with TDP; it cannot join NDA while TRS is a part of it. In the end, there is more probability that TDP and Jagan will join UPA than NDA.

Problem is with T. It has the capability and the will to hurt congress and keep AP unstable for a long time. So even if a coalition of congress+chiru+jagan+TDP is pitted against T, what use is it if it cannot guarantee "normalcy" in AP?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Venkarl wrote:Lilo ji...what can I say? :roll: ....... I cannot put it in words how painful I feel for the vandalism that took place on Tank bund...please do not rub salt on my wounds. Whatever I said is not my agenda or wish...but it is the reflection of chit chats I had with general T-Vadi public residing in twin cities....even JP has said same thing citing Tutsi and Hutu tribe conflicts as an example in the very beginning of this movement...I merely went into details....rite now I am very depressed...you still want to accuse and pin me down...go ahead...won't matter...
This is the exact reaction T-vadis are hoping for. Emotional rage on one side and disgust and self-respect on the other side. Many Andhra folks are hurt by the insults KCR and his goons are hurling and started moving their assets to their native places. The common feeling is that "we thought Hyd is ours and we migrated here and made progress; if Hyd is not ours we dont need to hang on here taking insults from good for nothing goondas. Our region is bestowed with all the resources needed to build 10 hyderabads. If they think they can progress without our contribution and participation, so be it. We are living thru our hard work, not at the cost of a fellow telanganite.".

Then there is the concept of Dharma and Valor. Why should we succumb to these two-bit goondas and leave what is rightfully ours, the united andhra. Just because some dhimmi tells me that I have no ancestral, historical, cultural connection to this place, why should I leave it? Isn't this what JK jihadis are talking about Badrinath and Amarnath etc?
unarayanadas
BRFite

Post by unarayanadas »

Jayaprakash Narayan's speech in the state assembly today calling for restoration of the demolished statues was a masterpiece of balance, eloquence, clarity of vision, and above all statesmanship. On the other hand Lagadapati Rajgopal’s press statement - or whatever one can all it - was the expression of a petty, foxy, scheming, politician trying to play to his constituents. In the process he was trying to extricate his party by insinuating that it was the BJP that indulged in the vandalism. He seems to believe that he could fool all the people all the time. Anyone with a modicum of political sense can see that the destruction of the great cultural icons on the tank bund was the handiwork of anti-social elements and lumpen criminals which abound in the extreme left parties. Unfortunately the OU has become a haven for these. Was it a clumsy attempt on the part of Rajgopal to cosy up to the party supremo by appearing to stand by it in its most difficult moment, by making the party's political enemy the whipping boy?
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

The demolition of only certain statues and not others appears to be a pre-meditated act on the part of the T-leadership, a rampaging mob would not be able to distinguish for the most part the residency of the person represented by the statue.

I really hope that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Unarayanadas - Is there an online link to Jayaprakash Narayan's speech in the state assembly regarding this.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

unarayanadas wrote:In the process he was trying to extricate his party by insinuating that it was the BJP that indulged in the vandalism.
BJP flags are also seen in the march so they are party to it as BJP is taking credit for march so let them take blame that they are same scoundrels that destroyed statues. Until they condemn in unconditional terms, which I didn't see from any state or National leaders, BJP is to be added to list.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

unarayanadas wrote:In the process he was trying to extricate his party by insinuating that it was the BJP that indulged in the vandalism.
BJP flags were also seen in the march so they are party to it as BJP is taking credit for march so let them take blame that they are same scoundrels that destroyed statues. Until they condemn in unconditional terms, which I didn't see from any state or National leaders, BJP is to be added to list.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 12 Mar 2011 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I agree. BJP is as responsible in this nonsense as TRS or Maoists are. It is BJP that breathed life into KCR in the parliament last week.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

Link (youtube) to Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan's speech in the assembly regarding the destruction and desecration of statues of great personalities of the past:

Dr.Jayaprakash Narayan Lok Satta Party Assembly Speech on Million March at Tank Bund
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

If the andhraseema members here really love BJP so much then why is that party almost non-existent in your regions? Why should you worry about its activities or offer guidance to the party?

Fact is, BJP does exist in t-state and it will have to provide for the people of its constituency rather than regions like RS or kosta who do not vote for them. The BJP members reading some BRF'ites weep in this thread must be laughing with a wide grin on their face.

BJP has found refuge in a region that ACTUALLY votes for it. AP most likely stands to be divided around the next two years. But why am i not surprised to assume that andhraseema will continue to be ruled by the UPA in the aftermath? Whose fault is that andhraseema has turned into a one party/coalition system?
------------
What happened at tank bund?
Thousands of Telangana supporters broke through the barricades facing the prospect of immediate arrest. It was sheer grit and determination of the Telangana supporters living in Hyderabad. They came to Tank Bund as if they have won a battle. Lawyers, doctors, young and old, showed up on Tank Bund. Some of the leaders had a dramatic entry, like Harish Rao on a boat. The people were elated and celebrated the spirit of common brotherhood. However, some young people were quite angry that Prof Kodandaram was arrested. They gave clear warning on TV that they would go ahead and topple the statues if he was not released. Government of Andhra Pradesh did not budge. It let the young people take up the challenge. And they did.
------------
And they cried and wept... for the statues
Balakrishna sat weeping under the damaged statue of P Brahma Naidu. Putting aside his Telugu paper- II of his IAS guidebook, an emotionally roused Balakrishna said, “What do the people who vandalised statues know about Telugu poets? The boy who hails from Khamman district sat there crying uncontrollably for over an hour.
Daybreak came as a rude shock to many denizens. Krishnaveni, a social activist who had come to the Tank Bund early to pay homage to the leaders and visionaries of the state said in shock, “When I came here and saw the remains of some statues, I could not hold back my tears. It was a devastating experience to see statutes of our leaders targeted. I hail from Telangana but I would never support these steps to get a separate state. This is an insult to the entire nation.
You see. Even a guy from telangana cries... in remembrance of the statues. Full 25 years old. A black day, indeed.
------------
The AP assembly discusses the statues vandalism incident for... 5 hours
The destruction of statues on the statues on Thursday by Telangana agitators was discussed for more than five hours by the State Assembly yesterday. The entire opposition held the state government responsible for the incident and wanted the central government to take an early decision on Telangana.
After the debate the House was adjourned till Monday.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

nvishal wrote: BJP has found refuge in a region that ACTUALLY votes for it. AP most likely stands to be divided around the next two years. But why am i not surprised to assume that andhraseema will continue to be ruled by the UPA in the aftermath? Whose fault is that andhraseema has turned into a one party/coalition system?
------------
What happened at tank bund?
Thousands of Telangana supporters broke through the barricades facing the prospect of immediate arrest. It was sheer grit and determination of the Telangana supporters living in Hyderabad. They came to Tank Bund as if they have won a battle. Lawyers, doctors, young and old, showed up on Tank Bund. Some of the leaders had a dramatic entry, like Harish Rao on a boat. The people were elated and celebrated the spirit of common brotherhood. However, some young people were quite angry that Prof Kodandaram was arrested. They gave clear warning on TV that they would go ahead and topple the statues if he was not released. Government of Andhra Pradesh did not budge. It let the young people take up the challenge. And they did.
------------
BJP has no base in T. Whatever little base it has, it comes from so called settlers voting against MIM. Now BJP expended all that goodwill. In the event of separation, they all will go to Congress or a party that supports their rights, but not to a party that makes them minority. Irony is that of late, it is MIM that seems to be more sensitive to the settlers. KCR will ditch BJP for Congress in split second and the alliance will sweep Telangana. Congress knows how to win T vote. Don't forget that in 2009 elections they put separate state in back burner and swept the T region, where as TDP/TRS lost the elections on separate state agenda. KCR almost lost his seat.

As far as sujai's blog, it is the last source that anybody should refer to get a neutral opinion. If a crow crows in Telangana, Sujai is capable of accusing a collusion between mother nature and andhrites in denying the crow the voice of cuckoo. The fact is that this is a plain vicious premeditated plan to destroy the statues. Several T leaders knew of the attack before hand. The reason why they confiscated and destroyed all the media cameras that caught the act on tape shows a well planned attack where they even thought of destroying the evidence.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Dasari wrote:BJP has no base in T. Whatever little base it has
Contradictory statements. MIM has a base in old hyd. BJP won from nizamabad.

Why would TRS shoot itself in the foot by joining with the UPA? Aren't the pre-conditions clear? And lets assume that congress gives T and gets TRS in return; what will jagan and andhra congress do about it? Will NDA be willing to take them? Ha

Jagan and AP congress are Laawaris. No one will take them other than UPA. After YSR died, sonia found an opening and reclaimed her authority over AP congress. Now look at jagan... he cannot exercise authority over AP congressmen because he doesn't have any. His old man had the natural calibre of a leader but his son probably got his genes from his mother.

And what is naidu's stance on T? The rural community lost faith in him so he went to the muslims and abandoned NDA. When he was busy experimenting and juggling with vote bank, NDA went and found a partner in TRS. Will naidu share a room with KCR in the NDA? Ha
Dasari wrote:As far as sujai's blog...
Say what you want about his blogs but he raises strong arguments. And in the T-agitation, he reports from ground. Did any newspaper report the little squabble that took place before the statues were taken down? The papers and the politicians claim that the incident was pre-planned.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I wonder from where you got your political estimates boss. BJP won 4 MP seats in AP some time back with TDP support and failed to retain even one seat when they are alone. Nizamabad MLA seat was won because powers in INC (namely YSR) do not want DS to win. Other than that they have one MLA Kishan Reddy who was afraid to resign because he is afraid that will never win it back. In most of the other areas they are also ran party. Their votes are mostly from educated middle class sections in Hyderabad and towns and those voters may not vote for them in any future election. I don’t know how well you know about BJP's power and following AP. I know it first hand and it is almost nothing in costal districts and Rayalaseema. In Telangana it has some base with his anti muslim image. But how for it can take the matters and win seat is the major question. When I was active in the party we have to try hard even to get deposit in minicipal seats. When last time state Assembly elections held they got no votes that is not even a single vote in Venkaya Naidu’s own village. He also lost his MLA seat when he last contested and never contested from AP for the last two decades. Two of my close people contested as MLA in my native place and got some 5000 plus votes and last time around they are not willing even to contest.

In case division of the state is so easy to do INC would have given it by now. It does not have support of its own leaders like Pranab and Allies like Mamatha, Pawar, DMK and F Abdulla and afraid of the backlash in rest of the AP. It is also afraid to open a Pandora Box with non consensus approach. That is why it is dragging its feat on the decision. Cumming to Sonia authority is AP Congress, we all seen that when Ahmad Patel running away from meeting of the MP's.

Simple thing is there are 21 Congress MP's at one side and 11 Congress MP's at one side. Whom do you prefer?

As for as Jagan and congress leaders from Non Telangana areas being Lawaaris. I wonder where does you got this kind of ideas. We all may not like Jagan and his criminal gang. But he does have some power and following in people. Otherwise there is no need for entire INC leadership at Delhi to be afraid of him. One side you allege that these politicos are all powerful people and INC is afraid of them at the same time you call them Lawaaris. Why few Lawaaris people could stop Telangana inspite of your great agitation?

As for as CBN is concerned TDP has its own vote base every where in AP and last time it was polled almost same votes as congress. So to writing of TDP in any future elections will be foolish thing.

Purhaps the your word "Lawaaris" is intended for Non Telangana people of AP ? You need not be so modest in using valgur words. After all you are following that great KCR and his neo Razakars doing for years.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

eenadu says that pulling down the statues was a premeditated conspiracy hatched nearly 2 months ago and this million march was just an opportunity.
http://www.eenadu.net/panelhtml.asp?qry ... panel4.htm
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

nvishal wrote:
Dasari wrote:BJP has no base in T. Whatever little base it has
Contradictory statements. MIM has a base in old hyd. BJP won from nizamabad.
BJP won just two MLA seats and no MP seat from AP. In most of the contests they were not even distant third. Of the two seats they won, one came from Andhra and one from Himayat Nagar, part of GHMC. Don't misguide with nizamabad as this was a by-election with TRS support. Even KCR won, with more than 2 lakhs majaority a year before last general elections in a similar game, and he barely survived with 5000 votes when it really mattered in the 2009 general elections.
nvishal wrote:Why would TRS shoot itself in the foot by joining with the UPA?
No, instead they will shoot in their foot by joining the BJP, like KCR prematurely did once just before election results were out. Seriously, KCR will never share the laurels of T with BJP. Also remember the promise by KCR and TRS to give 12% resevations to muslims in separate T. It didn't come out of vaccum. He knows that without musilm support in T, he will lose the golden goose Hyderbad, basically making all his work useless. His tactical silence in crucial moments of the movement is clear testimony that he never wants to burn bridges with Congress.

The fact is that he lost control of the movement now. Whether it is JAC scheduling a million march or employees union trying to meet Sonia, nobody in the movement respects his opinion anymore. Time is running out for KCR to cash out his hardwork. Now Congress and KCR desperately need each other. Without KCR this movement is nothing and without personal benefits to KCR, this movement is nothing for KCR. Kodandaram and JAC may overestimate the hype but KCR is lot more seasoned politician to be unrealistic. I hope that is clear.

The only way separate T will form is that there will be either merger or strong alliance between TRS and Congress. In fact it is in the works as we speak. Only two things are pending, the future of Hyderabad (I'm not saying Hyderabad will not be the capital of Telangana) and the position of Jagan on T. If Jagan comes out with united AP stand, all bets are off, not that he can win a seat in T, but he can sweep SA.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

^^^
Whoever is playing them, T-leaders are falling into bracketing themselves as not respecting truth, rule of law and doing activities of criminal elements/militants.

Now they are giving police and government more powers to control, at least in Hyderabad, regardless whether they want to do peaceful demonstrations or not as their ugliness is now exposed. If police restrict T elements in Hyderabad/OU, whatever properties they destroy in Warangal or Karimnagar will not have effect in the state.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

ShyamSP wrote:^^^
Whoever is playing them, T-leaders are falling into bracketing themselves as not respecting truth, rule of law and doing activities of criminal elements/militants.

Now they are giving police and government more powers to control, at least in Hyderabad, regardless whether they want to do peaceful demonstrations or not as their ugliness is now exposed. If police restrict T elements in Hyderabad/OU, whatever properties they destroy in Warangal or Karimnagar will not have effect in the state.
Why would they destroy anything in Warangal or Karimnagar? Did Seemandhra folks develop or did anything there? Hyderabad was, is and will be the target for T- Vadis as way to hit on Seemandhra folks' investment..and make them run...Now, with this vandalism...has the hatred against SA folks has gone into the DNA of T-Vadi folks? and this way they think they'll get T?

on a side note...if we analyze this land's history from Satavahanas to Andhra Ikshvakus to.....Kakatiyas and Munusuri Nayaks later on from Bahamanis till Nizams....was unified and divided under various rulings...so this division will go belong to that list in future....
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

regardless of the actions of the goondas, the general sentiment for Telangana is not likely to subside. the United Andhra state was formed in 1956 on the basis of an agitation exclusively by Andhra Telugus. Telangana telugus were weary and against the idea. then the Andhras decided to come up with the drama of singing an agreement to not ignore Telangana. rest is history. Telangana, the land with the majority of the water catchment areas of Krishna and Godavari was conveniently now part of AP. before the Nizam was routed, there was actually no movement in Andhra for united telugu state. even if there was such a sentiment, it was only in a few elites. those who saw the writing on the wall w.r.t. Sardar Patel's courage knew that he would not tolerate any more harakiri by the Nizam. Hyderabad state was annexed. don't know how many people remember it, but before Telangana was merged, there was huge agitation against people of Madras State working as bureaucrats in Telangana. the CM then openly stated that the mass feeling was heavily against United Andhra. but the lobbying efforts of Andhra leaders worked and out of nowhere PS decides to go on a fast and lo and behold, you have United Andhra.

simple truth is, neither back then, nor now, has there ever been any great mushy-gooey feeling for united Andhra among Telangana people.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

United AP was not formed on the basis of agitation by Andra Telugus only. Read history and even the Assmbly discussions at the time of AP state formation. Ap state was accepted my a overwhilming majory in the Hyderabad majority. Further tt was formed on the basis of Ligvistic states policy of that time which was applied to entire nation. Purhaps you can tell what is policy you want to apply nation wide and will give Telangana? We are not talking about national level issues and national level policy right? Why ? bacause we do not have any logical basis or reason. In elections two years back TRS contested some 50 seats and won some 10 seats. Purhaps they contested in non telangana areas? Where is your 60 years old feeling? All the arguments like dochukunnaru are proved wrong and now the arguments are "feelings" "athmagouravam" But once you start shouting Andhra Bhago dont expect any support or simpathiy from anywhere

The socalled "gentelmen Agreement was signed between Congress leaders of both regions. No one from other political parties like Communists even signed it. People who signed it letter became CM's even president of India later. If there is any violation of agreement between two groups of congress leaders then they have to answer that. The formation of state due to PS fast till death let us remember the facts correctly. It is not for any united Ap state but for a Telugu speaking state which was formed in 1953 present day AP is formed in 1956.

Why there is so much ideas about a telugu province even in earluy 1900's. Purhaps you can explain why there is Andhra Maha Sabha in Hyderabad and who built it and when ? Who lead the naxal movements like Telangana Raithanga Poratam ? Who have shelter and support to for the peoples fight against the Nizam rule. The agitations for a saparate province for Telugu people is much older than the Independent province. If you do not read history properly we can not help it.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

devesh wrote:regardless of the actions of the goondas, the general sentiment for Telangana is not likely to subside. the United Andhra state was formed in 1956 on the basis of an agitation exclusively by Andhra Telugus. Telangana telugus were weary and against the idea. then the Andhras decided to come up with the drama of singing an agreement to not ignore Telangana. rest is history. Telangana, the land with the majority of the water catchment areas of Krishna and Godavari was conveniently now part of AP. before the Nizam was routed, there was actually no movement in Andhra for united telugu state. even if there was such a sentiment, it was only in a few elites. those who saw the writing on the wall w.r.t. Sardar Patel's courage knew that he would not tolerate any more harakiri by the Nizam. Hyderabad state was annexed. don't know how many people remember it, but before Telangana was merged, there was huge agitation against people of Madras State working as bureaucrats in Telangana. the CM then openly stated that the mass feeling was heavily against United Andhra. but the lobbying efforts of Andhra leaders worked and out of nowhere PS decides to go on a fast and lo and behold, you have United Andhra.

simple truth is, neither back then, nor now, has there ever been any great mushy-gooey feeling for united Andhra among Telangana people.

Water-sharing there are established procedures. If catchment is criteria, Maharastra and Karnataka don't need to let any water flow into AP. MH can divert all the water even before Babli. If T leaders want to blackmail with water, it is strong reason there never will be any T-state and majority will never accept state to bunch of scoundrels that use tactics/strategies of Talibans.

At the formation, T is part of Hyderabad and is not exclusive so merger is matter of national decision. How to divide Hyderabad state and merge into respective language states. It is also to remove old princely state identity.

Many areas, cities, states have sentiments (can spring up in the future) and should not be reason to divide state so need to go beyond that and show strong and truthful reasons, which even SKC didn't show.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

From Spinster via e-mail:
As a telugu my self estem is below zero

Arryulara
Telugu jathiti ki tegulu sankramichindi
Medhavulu kooda nirvirulinaru

Telugu tallini cherachi naru
Telugu velugu nu chandadi naru
Telugu naadunu tagula bettinaru
Telugu vallanu navulla palu chesinaru
Telugu varu tama talne narukkunnaru....
Talline champini tanayulinaru...
Telugu ke siggu baga techhinaru
Manvallu televee takkuva varu
ane prapanchamunu chaatinaru...
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

I'd say put all this emotions and feelings aside and focus on {.....} When Telangana folks don't want to co-exist with SA folks..so be it...let them take care of themselves.....they forgot Madapati Hanumantha Rao or Nadimpalli Sundaramma..or whatever....why bring all those names and confuse ourselves now when T-folks are not ready to join hands...may be this division will live for 150 or 200 years....who knows? people of both regions may reunite again....after all...it has been in the nature of this land of getting divided and unified starting from 230 BC to 1956 under various rulers...so...more power to Jai Telangana and Jai Andhra...the sooner the better...at least to contain and arrest the ongoing violence and lots of tax payer's money going to drains.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The whole idea of destroying cultural symbols is deracination. The Muslim League did that with Direct Action day, Taliban with Bamiyan and now these folks. So what is the govt doing nowadays? Twiddling thumbs?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

As per the press reports the planing took two months and they have used the march programme once it was announced. Some 20 people from outside and 10 people from the city formed the main gang and press cameras where delibarately removed from the location by attacking press people. The idea seems to be eliminate (what these gangs think as) all non Telangana things from Hyderabad and terrorise people from other areas to leave. It will not stop irrespective of division. At ground level there is a sustained attempt to tell telangana people that all non telangan people will be kicked out and all the assets like houses etc will be avaliable for occupation for the Telangana people and so on. It is reported at least on MLA was briefed about their plan to demolish and given tacit suport. I wonder how for and high the plan went but I am sure top level politicos are involved in this. The Congress High commnad seems to have called for a secret report on this matter. ( I dont know how it can be called secreat when every one knows about it)

As for as people want not live in a state and wants a division it would sound quite demacratic. Let us Gujarath people pass a resolution that they do not want to live with Muslims. Naturally it also quite democratic. Kashmir Muslims dont want to live with Pundits so kicking them out of vally is also democratic. With the same argument some areas in the country dont want to be part of India that is also democratic and let them have their independence. Welcome to new KCR ideas.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 13 Mar 2011 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Venkarl garu,

Yes in the long run everyone will be dead and people may reunite. At this point the question is should a separate state be created on the basis of carefully propped emotions and state sponsored blackmail?
Why should the commons pay for few hundred years for the mistakes/misfortunes of their rulers, that too in this modern, democratic world?

If t-sympathy is so high, why is KCR and TJAC afraid of any United Andhra voice to visit Telangana?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

They will never allow any argument against them to present to the Telangana people. They will not allow even normal governament functions (mostly useless anyway) like Racchbanda. They will not allow even Jagan to have his odarpu Yathra ( this after it was said to be great sucess in Khammam) and do not hesitate to attack female MLA's. They do not accept the SKC report. Entire effort is to use force and blackmail. Every one has to follow their line or they will be attacked. Attack on JP there as an example.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxaBU3EhYm8&NR=1

if T-vadis are Pakis, then the only way to describe Andhra attitude toward Telangana is to compare them to the British. the British too always looked down on Indians yet they couldn't abandon India b/c their global supremacy rested on dominating India. the same with Telangana. when Telangana districts have water shortages and people in Nalgonda are drinking fluorinated water, we have ever more projects which divert ever more water from T to coastal Andhra and the extra is let out into the ocean. ultimately the looking down is there with Andhras but in the end, it is impossible to let Telangana go b/c then they would have to worry abut the "Paki" telanganites building irrigation infra in Telangana that might divert some much deserved and needed water to Telangana districts.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Jaganmohan Reddy formally launches his own party: YSR Congress party

Like i already said. Seemandhra has become a one party system. Sonia waited for a long time to regain her control over AP congress which is finally got after YSR died. Jagan can go ahead and float yet another party if he wants but sonia is not going to blink because jagan has nowhere to go but to end up right back in UPA. A similar fate awaits TDP also.

"Power" isn't the number of MLA's and MLC's you have in your pocket.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

So political power is not in the number of MLA's and MP's you got. Great. From where you are getting this ideas guruji? How does one new party which may or may not be there few years down the line will make one party place? Which is that party by the way? With regard to irregation from where the minister of irrigation is elected today and what he is doing now? Problem is you are not interested to ready even the previous posts in this thread itself. If you want to build a irregation facility wherein water has to be listed some 1000 feet you are welcome to do that. You are not even bothered to read what other just posted in this page. Water is not alloted on the basis of catchment alone. If that is the case we will get almost nothing from Karnataka and Maharastra. With krishna you now have a situation even the existing farmers are not going to get water because of the latest award and in godavari you can take as much you want and there will still something left to others. No one can help you if your MLA's and MP's ( which include Indira Gandhi at one point of time) sleep at home doing nothing. By the way every project worth considaring was done in entire AP and if there is bribes to earn our leaders immediately take it up and not otherwise. It is all bribes and loot and not for or againt any locality or area. By the way, can you name few projects which are required for the development of Telangana area for our information? I am sure many people wish to know the details.

What about the annalu creating horrible situation in the entire districts over many decades? if any persons who is doing harm to telangana it is the leaders of the naxal gangs and most of them are from costal AP. Yet we hear nothing at all against naxals from any one supporting Telangana agitation. The main reason for that most of the people in the forfront of the agitation are naxals or their front people? Do you think any rational person will support Gaddar and his gang?

Does the present CM of the state who is born and brought from Hyderabad is a invader or not as per you KCR logic?

By the way what are you plans to kick out the non local people. We hear nothing on that ? Why not say it openly now itself? I thought you are sorry for the Talibani acts of agitation. Am I and other members of BR are wrong on that count also?
Last edited by Yagnasri on 13 Mar 2011 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

If power was indeed in numbers then how do you justify the current situation in AP? And why does it keep getting worst? *You have the numbers* (kosta seema combine) but does that help you in anyway to bring normalcy to the region? So who actually holds the "power"? The incumbent with a 2/3rd majority or the 1/3rd(hardly) non incumbent rebels in the north?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

So basically power is there in behaving like Taliban then we have nothing to argue.