12. Vijayawada West
  13. Paderu
  14. Rajole
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by RajeshA »

Link
The list of the constituencies to be contested by the parties would be declared in a couple of days, Naidu said.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Why is Hyderabad missing?
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Glad that Hyd wasn't given to BJP. Now I don't have to choose NOTA.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Man, safeyd daaDi seems to be in fashion amongst netas now... another NM effect?

ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Hari Seldon wrote:Man, safeyd daaDi seems to be in fashion amongst netas now... another NM effect?

Kishen Reddy is missing from that pic. Is he sidelined?
gpati
BRFite

Post by gpati »

One of my friend's facebook status. He is active in TDP.
In 2009 TDP alliance has lost the power with just 1% of the voting...almost 40 seats are lost with 2000 margin...

TDP party edo strong ga undi anna feeling lo nunchi byataki randi...Congress has its own cadre, which is around 27%..may be it may get reduced...but dont think congress has not got any cadre..YSRCP is the main contender....Vijayawada Central lanti chota communist la prabhavam....90% of the Christians, Muslims, Reddy's will not vote for us...not sure still about "Kapu"s....If Modi keep some 3-4 meetings in SeemaAndra, atlest 2% of the voting in urban areas will shift to BJP...

enni bokkalu pettukuni...manam edo chincestam ani expect cheste...adi mana morkhatvam....malli edi chandrababu ni pottu enduku pettukola ani maname tidatam.....just think wise, edo oka 4-5 constituencies pote poniyyandi....tappadu...we have to think in bigger interest......TDP..NDA lo kalavatam venaka chaala sketch undi....just see after election...CBN ekkada korchuntado chudandi.....mark my words....
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ashashi wrote:Kishen Reddy is missing from that pic. Is he sidelined?
Also Krishnaiah is included.He is being promoted by TDP as defacto TDP T CM candidate
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I don't want to deliberate the past as folks will call CTs instantaneously. Whether TDP survives or not, this alliance is very important from a National perspective. This news of alliance formation itself defeated anti-Indian forces on this day. Several forces directly and indirectly tried their best to scuttle it. Kudos to both Modi and CBN to not dither from the path.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Chinnamma plans and 160 club plans are defeated now. One of close persons has joined TDP and was given seat to contest. Enjoys good name and will win. Aanam family in Nellore seems to be not contesting elections at all. no doubt many mafia dogs are waiting this elections out.

I do not like Purandareswari BJP seat. No one from TDP or BJP will vote for her. She is a gone case. Even NM can not save her.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

gpati wrote:One of my friend's facebook status. He is active in TDP.
In 2009 TDP alliance has lost the power with just 1% of the voting...almost 40 seats are lost with 2000 margin...

TDP party edo strong ga undi anna feeling lo nunchi byataki randi...Congress has its own cadre, which is around 27%..may be it may get reduced...but dont think congress has not got any cadre..YSRCP is the main contender....Vijayawada Central lanti chota communist la prabhavam....90% of the Christians, Muslims, Reddy's will not vote for us...not sure still about "Kapu"s....If Modi keep some 3-4 meetings in SeemaAndra, atlest 2% of the voting in urban areas will shift to BJP...

enni bokkalu pettukuni...manam edo chincestam ani expect cheste...adi mana morkhatvam....malli edi chandrababu ni pottu enduku pettukola ani maname tidatam.....just think wise, edo oka 4-5 constituencies pote poniyyandi....tappadu...we have to think in bigger interest......TDP..NDA lo kalavatam venaka chaala sketch undi....just see after election...CBN ekkada korchuntado chudandi.....mark my words....

interesting! he seems to be indicating that TDP position is quite shaky, yet, with the NDA alliance, TDP can effectively put a stop to INC+YSRC in SA.

Is CBN moving to center? is he the "compromise" PM?
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Now that the BJP + TDP alliance confirmed, the candidate selection is more important to get some significant seats. I think that BJP is overestimating itself in Seemandhra. They hardly have any presence or local support.

If daggubati purandeswari gets Vizag seat, YSRCP will win in Vizag for sure. She has a very bad local rep in vizag. There are local TDP like Ganta, venkateswara rao who are good winning bets.

I dont like that instead of making winning seats more important, BJP has made petty numbers more important. what value is 5 seats if they are not going to win any one of them
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

I don't think the alliance with BJP fetches any incremental votes for TDP in SA. Would be lucky not to have a negative impact due to the role of the BJP in the parliament, particularly in Lok Sabha, on the issue of state bifurcation. Some voters may forgive BJP looking at Modi or because of the tie-up with TDP. In the end, the net effect is making it easier for YSRCP in a few seats in SA.

So, CBN's real motive could be 1. get a cabinet berth at the Centre if TDP fails in the assembly election, and 2. try to survive in T.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

a_bharat wrote:Glad that Hyd wasn't given to BJP. Now I don't have to choose NOTA.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Nothing personal but so may folks sulked. I again say, those who sulk on bifurcation has either loneliness or Bay of Bengal. I told on the day of bifurcation that TDP+BJP will go together on both sides. I also told that the state would still get bifurcated even if BJP opposed along with pepper sprayers. INC would have done what they did with Nuke deal.

So many people said BJP will not have any % in SeemaAndhra but all real surveys that are predicting TDP's win are also saying that there is 7% vote for BJP even in this negativity. Seven percent is huge and can make or break.

As predicted earlier, there will be lot of folks who will look to join BJP and that also happened. If Jagan loses and Modi wins it will be TDP Vs BJP in Andhra. If that happens irrespective of wins then we can call AP is out of woods.

Telangana should remove Congress. TRS is not a problem irrespective of their rhetoric.

Another point is that TDP and BJP seems to be strategic irrespective of body language. They know there will be a_bharat type voters :). That is why they have given seats to TDP where there is a lot of SA vote. The TG scenario will start getting changed from today.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

What is the use of Andhra people voting for YSRCP? Fine the YSRCP MP may get elected and go to Delhi! Then what? All he will be doing is sitting there and twiddle his thumbs. There is zero chance of YSRCP now being part of the govt. in Delhi.

So what is the use of Andhras to vote for Jagan? None!

If they vote for TDP, they know TDP would be part of the Central Govt. and thus can do something for Andhra Pradesh, can bring in investments!

And that is the psychological difference of BJP going with TDP! All this bifurcation debate is over. What is done is done! From now on, an alliance with BJP gives TDP major heft.

Jagan would be having his votebanks - Christians, SC/ST, etc. but nobody who is going to listen to his own mind thinking about development would go vote for Jagan.

Anyways after elections, Jagan is going back to jail!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

bhavani wrote:Now that the BJP + TDP alliance confirmed, the candidate selection is more important to get some significant seats. I think that BJP is overestimating itself in Seemandhra. They hardly have any presence or local support.

If daggubati purandeswari gets Vizag seat, YSRCP will win in Vizag for sure. She has a very bad local rep in vizag. There are local TDP like Ganta, venkateswara rao who are good winning bets.

I dont like that instead of making winning seats more important, BJP has made petty numbers more important. what value is 5 seats if they are not going to win any one of them
They are thinking of sending her to assembly. Probably they will have to fine some star like Pawan Kalyan. BJP will win Tirupati and Narsapuram. The TDP votes will translate to BJP in SA.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Lot of SA folks have reconciled and ready to support Modi+Naidu combine

Most of them say they will vote TDP in SA & Hyderabad and for BJP at center
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RajeshA wrote:What is the use of Andhra people voting for YSRCP? Fine the YSRCP MP may get elected and go to Delhi! Then what? All he will be doing is sitting there and twiddle his thumbs. There is zero chance of YSRCP now being part of the govt. in Delhi.

Nooo. After Jagan gets arrested they will merge with BJP. Then those who wanted to teach lessons to TDP for caste reasons and BJP for bifurcations can do jijji-nak-jijji-naka dances looking at their beauties of YSRC in BJP.
Jagan would be having his votebanks - Christians, SC/ST, etc. but nobody who is going to listen to his own mind thinking about development would go vote for Jagan.

Anyways after elections, Jagan is going back to jail!
Their vote may have no takers depending on how the central congress party position post polls.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

RajeshA wrote:What is the use of Andhra people voting for YSRCP? Fine the YSRCP MP may get elected and go to Delhi! Then what? All he will be doing is sitting there and twiddle his thumbs. There is zero chance of YSRCP now being part of the govt. in Delhi.

The State Legislative elections are also going to be held at the same time as as the Parliamentary one. That's where all the stakes. I don't think it really matters if YSCRP gets 25/25 seats in SA as long as they are not in power in the state.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

abhik wrote:

The State Legislative elections are also going to be held at the same time as as the Parliamentary one. That's where all the stakes. I don't think it really matters if YSCRP gets 25/25 seats in SA as long as they are not in power in the state.
There is a clear case for voting for TDP for Lok Sabha. Those who go and vote TDP for LS are also going to vote TDP in the state. Besides, in order to get maximum bang for the vote, its best if ruling party in the state is the same as that at the Center. I know Seemandhra has other experience but still the logic holds.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

ashashi wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:Man, safeyd daaDi seems to be in fashion amongst netas now... another NM effect?

Kishen Reddy is missing from that pic. Is he sidelined?
Who is extreme left in white Kurta?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

gandharva wrote: Who is extreme left in white Kurta?
Extreme left is Krishnaiah who probably will be projected as T-CM candidate. He is the chairman of OBC commission in Telangana who recently joined TDP. Kishen Reddy clarified that why he is not in the press conf as he has a meeting to soothe the tempers. He said he is firmly with the decision and will work towards the victory of TDP-BJP victory.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Muppalla wrote:I don't want to deliberate the past as folks will call CTs instantaneously. Whether TDP survives or not, this alliance is very important from a National perspective. This news of alliance formation itself defeated anti-Indian forces on this day. Several forces directly and indirectly tried their best to scuttle it. Kudos to both Modi and CBN to not dither from the path.
+108
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

a_bharat wrote:I don't think the alliance with BJP fetches any incremental votes for TDP in SA. Would be lucky not to have a negative impact due to the role of the BJP in the parliament, particularly in Lok Sabha, on the issue of state bifurcation. Some voters may forgive BJP looking at Modi or because of the tie-up with TDP. In the end, the net effect is making it easier for YSRCP in a few seats in SA.

So, CBN's real motive could be 1. get a cabinet berth at the Centre if TDP fails in the assembly election, and 2. try to survive in T.
I don't think so. CBN is consolidating the cross-voting in TDP's favor. Without BJP alliance there can be cross voting between state and center candidates.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

I have 3 white hair in my beard. 8) :mrgreen:
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Muppalla wrote:
gandharva wrote: Who is extreme left in white Kurta?
Extreme left is Krishnaiah who probably will be projected as T-CM candidate. He is the chairman of OBC commission in Telangana who recently joined TDP. Kishen Reddy clarified that why he is not in the press conf as he has a meeting to soothe the tempers. He said he is firmly with the decision and will work towards the victory of TDP-BJP victory.
That is sidelining IMO. Kishen Reddy is the State President of the BJP. Under normal condidtions, he should be the leading these negotiations, but he was not the final negotiations. He was deputized to work with the caders instead. Bandaru Dattatreya as an elder of the T BJP is involved instead. As far as I know, Kishen Reddy was not present in CBN's house Saturday night when the alliance was finalized either. Ofcourse Kishen Reddy has to put a brave face.

BTW, yesterday there was a new article in a telugu paper that Kishen Reddy and few other leaders submitted the resignation in protest of the alliance with TDP. Not sure about the authenticity of that news.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

With TRS and Congress taking most of the credit for the T formation, there is not much room in T for TDP+BJP. The main story here is the it can give a net boost of 2-3% votes in SA for TDP and that should give comfortable majority over YSRCP. Most importantly it can turn out that it is SA that provides the crucial help to BJP to form the govt. This is very important for the new AP state which got unfair treatment in the division with empty promises that have no constitutional guarantee. This alliance can enforce at least some of the promises are fulfilled. In that sense, this alliance is huge for people of SA.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

FWIW -- My friend said that Kishen Reddy is pally with jagan and also to some extent with owiaisi .
he cannot be trusted too much.

NaMo has to slowly sideline him over time.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

PP guy has typed a pretty long rant today.

http://www.politicsparty.com/shownews.php?newsid=406
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

`Kingmaker' Naidu to call shots in NDA again "

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 879994.ece
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Very interesting to see how people think Kammas are bad bad and Reddys are good and Velamas are great great when all these castes are hardly (each) 5% of the population.

I wish the state was divided based on river basins and gave the Tungabhadra river basin to KTaka. But that would have created a new T-scenario there with all those reddy's there.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

RamaY wrote:Very interesting to see how people think Kammas are bad bad and Reddys are good and Velamas are great great when all these castes are hardly (each) 5% of the population.
PP guy is a Reddy castist fellow. I don't even know why people give him importance. Kamma bashing is in full swing again among T-twitterites. They are calling BJP-TDP alliance as Kamma alliance.

chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

Muppalla wrote:If you see the list of 8/17 given to BJP, there is no Hyderabad. TDP standing from it that means. So BJP don't even want to fight against Owaisis ? To me even though that seat is lose-lose seat why can't it take that also and say 9/17 means majority is contented by BJP.

BJP got a very very good deal. Probably in Araku and Rajampet the TDP is giving the seats along with candidates.
BJP has been contesting from Hyderabad, though no one other than the late Owaisi and the current Owaisi ever won from there in the past few elections. Are there a lot of people in that constituency who settled from other parts of the undivided state? Because I thought most of those voters are in Malkajgiri and Chevella constituencies as Hyderabad constituency is mostly the old city area. BJP should still have contested from Hyderabad now too.

Who is the BJP candidate from Secunderabad? B Dattatreya is a good candidate, and won that seat before.

What is Jayaprakash Narayan and Lok Satta doing? And I do hope the power star's power is deflated and he goes back to making films.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

gandharva wrote:`Kingmaker' Naidu to call shots in NDA again "

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 879994.ece
There is a saying in Telugu "Inta gelichi bayata gelavali". (means first win home before fighting away) He is fighting his back to wall and first win in the state and then can think of rest. If BJP crosses 70 in UP+Bihar then no king makers are needed.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Per my sources Secunderabad seat will go to Kishen Reddy. Let us see how things will pan out as there are only three more days to go completing nominations.

By the way to get all the Telugu TV news channels online this is best site.
http://www.ap7am.com/index.php (click the TV dropdown and select)
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Muppalla wrote:Per my sources Secunderabad seat will go to Kishen Reddy. Let us see how things will pan out as there are only three more days to go completing nominations.

Secunderabad has a huge seemandhra population. Kishen Reddy alienated the seemandra population with is "us vs them" rhetoric quite a bit. With Congress, TRS and Kishen Reddy seen as anti-seemandhra, folks might just sit this election away.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

http://www.ap7am.com/lv-147611-mims-asa ... ngana.html

Owaisi comments on TDP/BJP alliance.

He says the number of Muslims/Christians elected is the criteria for secularism.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ashashi wrote:
Secunderabad has a huge seemandhra population. Kishen Reddy alienated the seemandra population with is "us vs them" rhetoric quite a bit. With Congress, TRS and Kishen Reddy seen as anti-seemandhra, folks might just sit this election away.
It is not as much as other city seats. In addition, the "settlers" are of mostly second and third generation. This is a very BJP seat as it is still a polarized one. It is also very diversified seat and I think Kishen has a good chance if he works hard. TDP-BJP fissures will be closed as soon as couple of joint rallies happen. But all other SA populated seats are given to TDP in the city. In the coming days the scene will get changed.

If you see TDP+BJP were not even in a fighting chance in TG and now they positioned with a decent fightable combo. TRS Vs INC Vs TDP+BJP. It is not easy for anyone.
chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

Muppalla wrote:Per my sources Secunderabad seat will go to Kishen Reddy. Let us see how things will pan out as there are only three more days to go completing nominations.

Saar, where is B Dattatreya contesting from then? He has been the face of BJP from Secunderabad since a long time, hasn't he?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

chandrasekhar.m wrote: Saar, where is B Dattatreya contesting from then? He has been the face of BJP from Secunderabad since a long time, hasn't he?
He is threatening to do a Jaswant Singh on Sec'Bad seat. :) But nothing is final. He may prevail and Kishen may not contest at all. For the central leaders Kishen is their choice #1.